Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2019 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
Good show till the end, the pacing is too slow tho.
6/10
Sep 28, 2019 9:02 PM
Jan 2019
can't wait for the movie

the art is good in this episode

so she can speak
Sep 28, 2019 9:07 PM

Oct 2009
Wow ufotable went all out for the final episode with that Muzan scene.
Also Kanao might have bumped up to being my second favorite after Shinobu(╹◡╹)♡

Well overall I didn’t love it as much as everyone else till the second cour, honestly it picked up after that. But without ufotables visuals, this would be a pretty generic shounen tbh.

I might be biased, but really had a great time watching this.
9/10
Looking forward to the movie and second season(whenever that comes out)
Sep 28, 2019 9:24 PM

Sep 2017
This was a great finale to an awesome show that will probably go down as one of my favorite action shounens ever. With groundbreaking animation and sound design and a likable story and cast, there really was something for everyone here. It's super awesome that we have already gotten a movie greenlit. Now, here's to hoping it airs in US theaters. 9/10.

Sep 28, 2019 9:24 PM

Mar 2018
Noo it's over *sob*

Now I wanna start reading the manga up to the latest chapter again lmao

Loved how Tanjirou set up two flags for Aoi and Kanao in one go

Training completed and off to the train. Also got to see the lower moons, Muzan sure is ruthless

These SiblingBondFlashbacks at the end there had such a big impact with Gurenge ngl
And directly after the credits.. Rengoku..

Still hyped for the Movie! WOO!

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 28, 2019 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
A strong ending to a strong anime. Animation definitely helped a lot in this series tbh

It was strangely satisfying seeing those three destroying the giant gourd.

The scene with MJ Muzen felt really intense. I almost felt bad for the demons who were slaughtered by Muzen.

I love the reactions to the train.

I'm hyped for the movie and to see more the the flame hashira.
Sep 28, 2019 10:05 PM
Jun 2017
love this final episode... the ANIMATION IS SO AWESOME!!!

And goodbye to those lower demon type as Muzan killed them... hahaha

and now tanjiro and gang are going to a new mission... oooppppsss--- movie confirm, im excited for this one..

overall this series is great for me...
Sep 28, 2019 10:08 PM
Jan 2019
And so ends one of the best anime of the year, which I have seen and one of my favorites. I have learned how important the final episodes are. Tanjiro's brief flashback on the train reminded me of the great emotion I felt for this anime the first time I saw him, I said I had potential and I was not mistaken. For someone like me who followed this anime week by week, it is a sad farewell, but I leave with great satisfaction and hope for a second season, and waiting for the upcoming film.

Personal opinion:
Many people lost their minds with episode 19, and with good reason, although I admit that I got bored that they put this anime on a pedestal and it seems that I came to forget for a moment the jewel that it is, but this final episode made me remember it, fanned that emotion that had fallen asleep to the point that I felt a squeeze in my heart, I was a fool 😅. This anime deserves the recognition it earned. It was a great pleasure to have followed this anime with you.

Ps: The kind Tanjiro won the heart of Kanao, it was a really touching scene. Your paths will cross again at some point.
PS2: I think I became very sentimental xD.

"The heart is what moves us ...".
Sep 28, 2019 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
Great finale.

When I first watched the first episode and read the few chapters from the manga, it was meh. It looked like a generic shounen. However, as I read the manga and caught up, I was surprised by how a simple story carried so much weight because of its characters and pacing. There are stories which are complex but the characters are really boring and I lose interest immediately. However with Kimetsu no Yaiba, I fell in love with the characters and they were able to make a simple formula work again for me.

That meeting with female Muzan and the lower Jackson 5 was great. The animation, the background, the way the lower demon tried to escape but his attempt was futile.

9/10 for me. Would've been a perfect 10 if it didn't drag on certain scenes. That was my only gripe with the show. I feel like they could've fit more.

Regarding season 2, I think AFTER the movie is released, they will either announce the 2nd season in the ending credits or after the movie a week or so later. I'm almost a hundred percent there will be a second season. Not smart for the studio and those who invested money in this series to end it soon. I'm kind of comparing it to Bungou Stray Dogs who got the Dead Apple movie before the third season.
臭い-
Sep 28, 2019 10:55 PM
Mar 2017
The last episode has arrived and I can't believe that from a moment of friendship with Tanjirou and the boys we went to a bloody massacre where Muzan unleashed his fury against the lower moon demons, who proved to be a failure for their master.

Muzan's hideout has an incredible design, plus we had the pleasure of seeing a high demon moon in action and that ability she has I see it potentially dangerous for demon slayers and as for Muzan's appearance I can only say is I would not be surprised if he had other appearances apart from that woman and that of the man when he met Tanjirou.

After ruthlessly ending four of the five lower moons, Muzan grants his last words to the last demon in front of him, but after expressing his twisted thoughts, Muzan forgives his life and rewards him by giving him more of his pure blood.

Shinobu is the best, I liked knowing that she recommended Tanjirou for the mission of the infinite train and also that she wants Tanjirou to grow as an excellent demon slayer with the help of Rengoku.

Tanjirou is a smooth talker with the girls, first with Aoi who feels frustrated for not being useful on the battlefield, but Tanjirou still makes her feel part of the battle against demons.
The best part was when Tanjirou went to say goodbye to Kanao, who finally spoke ... Damn Reina Ueda did an excellent job, it's a shame that she only spoke a couple of episodes. In short Tanjirou tries to make Kanao open more to speak and think for herself without using the coin and he decides with the same coin whether she will do it or not, seeing the anxiety and emotion in Kanao's eyes was too cute and when Tanjirou celebrated his victory and he held Kanao's hands, her reaction was so innocent and adorable, but the best thing was when Tanjirou says goodbye with that smile and we see how a feeling never before perceived reaches Kanao's heart.

The scene at the train station was too funny, Tanjirou and Inosuke undoubtedly showed their little knowledge of the outside world and that moment when they got on the train was the best end and at the same time the beginning of this new arc, which according to what was announced, the arc of the infinite train will be adapted to a movie, which personally gives me hope for a second season and one last word, protect sleepy Nezuko ... good bye sleepy little demon.

Anyway, this anime was a trip that I enjoyed a lot, many emotions and epic moments, a spectacularly executed soundtrack to perfection (especially the famous episode 19).
An animation that made it clear that Ufotable does not get around and used his best resources for the realization of this anime.
And I loved the character design, obviously the girls got all the attention, Nezuko, Shinobu, Kanao and Mitsuri are not only very beautiful, they also have the best voice actresses playing their characters, so in other words I give 10/10 to this anime, I fall short with the words to express that I enjoy every minute of each episode and knowing that this anime has a lot of material for another season will let me sleep peacefully and the hype for the movie is very high.
Sep 28, 2019 11:11 PM
Oct 2007
S2! SEASON 2!! SEASON TWO!!! GIBE ME SEASON TWO!!!!

9/10 hands down. I hope Ufotable follows through well for the movie so we gets S2, 3, 4 and so on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 11:19 PM

Aug 2015
Our expectations were high but HOLY FUCK.

Sep 28, 2019 11:53 PM

Apr 2018
Looks like it ended. It was a good ride so far. Love that their relationship among them improved as it ended. Looks like kanao will open up a little now. Looks like the Inifinity Train Arc would take place in a movie; still hoping for a next season
Sep 28, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
So, no one is gonna mention how gorgeous Muzan looked?

Oh dear, what a fantastic ride this series was. This final episode did an amazing job at giving this season a proper conclusion as well as building up great anticipation for the upcoming arc. Not to mention also that, in terms of animation and OST, the quality remained as good (or even better) as the rest of the episodes.
I especially loved the whole sequence with Muzan and the Lower Moons. The tension was almost palpable and those camera movements gave me serious "Kara no Kyoukai" vibes. So smooth and clean I had to watch the entire scene several times.

Overall, I really enjoyed watching this show week by week. It's true that it took me some time to get fully invested in the story but once it happened, my enjoyment simply skyrocketed. Natagumo Arc and especially, Ep. 19 were of great help in that regard, not gonna lie.
That said, Thanks Ufo for such impeccable adaptation. I don't care about the rest, this show is easily AOTY contender for me.

8,5/10 -> 9/10 - If the sequel movie is announced to be released in 2020, rest assured it's gonna be one of my most anticipated anime alongside "Heaven's Feel III".

P.S.: By the way, I'm not into shipping characters and stuff but man, Tanjirou and Kanao look so cute together. I hope I can see more development between them in the movie or in a possible second season if everything goes well.
SouthRzVaSep 29, 2019 12:04 AM
Sep 28, 2019 11:58 PM

Apr 2018
WTF, Michael Jackson turned into a transgender women this episode! =0

Also those lower moons were total pussies. I can totally see why MJ killed them, LOL

Also I'm kinda confused about the upper moons, if they are so strong and capable of even killing hashiras then why doesn't MJ just bring them all together and go wipe out the demon slayer headquarters to be done with em?

Sep 29, 2019 12:19 AM

Sep 2015
There’s an announcement for the next arc and a movie at the end of the credits
Sep 29, 2019 12:31 AM

May 2018
Amazing ending, I feel like I can wait for another 2 years just to get another Demon Slayer anime. The first half of the episode was nice, we got to see the Lower 2, 3, 4, and 6 getting killed by Kibutsuji. Lower 1 got spared and gain a stronger power by getting some Kibutsuji's blood, and now are going to fight one of the Hashira. This is a good anime, the story is good but sometimes boring, but it is not that bad. Nothing amazing about the story as of now, but I hope it can get amazing after the movie starts. The characters are fun but sometimes annoying, maybe I need more season to love this anime.

Sep 29, 2019 12:51 AM
Mar 2019
The end.

One of the best anime for this year.

Great storyline and animation.

Can't wait for the movie !
Sep 29, 2019 12:59 AM

Jul 2017
This ending was what I wanted and more. A spectacular and amazing ending to the already phenomenal series.

MAN, Muzan Kibutsuji doesn't catch a break, from the Michael Jackson (s)he once was to a transgender one. Summoning the Lower "Jackson 5" and murdering them without a resolve. Only the strongest could be part of the Twelve Kizuki, and being the Lower rank doesn't qualify enough for his rich demonic blood that can dispose Hashiras. The camerawork for the Dimensional Fortress was magnified to the highest degree, what a job well done. So the Lower One earned a meagre cup of Muzan's blood to eliminate Tanjirou. Will we see that in the movie sequel?

I can't get enough of Tanjirou and Kanao, wow HAHA. It blesses me that Kanao has journeyed this hard to reach her levels, and that Tanjirou opened her heart to follow her leads instead of depending everything on a 50/50 hindsight.

So, now onto the Infinite Train arc that is the movie sequel. Can't get enough of this series just yet!

Truly AOTY without a doubt.
KANLen09Sep 29, 2019 1:04 AM
Sep 29, 2019 1:10 AM

Mar 2014
I don't give out 10/10 very often, but this was a very easy choice. There were some parts that had awkward or bad pacing (like repeating scenes that happened 2 minutes ago in some episodes) but that was pretty much the only weak part of the series. Can't wait for the movie to come out!
Sep 29, 2019 1:18 AM

May 2015
Cliffhanger was hype. Gave away enough of what'll happen next without feeling aggravating. Season was fine as a whole amazing highlights(Abe's cuts in particular). 8/10

Sep 29, 2019 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
That was a very enjoyable series, I look forward to its future.
Sep 29, 2019 1:55 AM
Jan 2019
can we just agree this anime become 1 of the best contender for AOTY 2019 along with Mob 2 and Vinland Saga? if MHA executed well then we have 4 tough contender for AOTY 2019

i will miss this masterpiece so much, the movie no doubt will be the next year AOTY because demon train arc is damn fantastic. season 2 announcement soon
Sep 29, 2019 2:04 AM

Oct 2013
Such a well produced anime series, gotta love the art and animation. Eventhough the finale such a cliffhanger, it was still a fun ride. I don't know if there'll be a 2nd season but for now at least they've announced the movie . I'm really curious about all of the Hashiras and their powers not to mention the upper rank of 12 Kizukis just imagine how ridiculously strong they are. I'm hoping for a 2nd season

Overall score 8/10
Sep 29, 2019 2:08 AM
Feb 2018
The scene of Lower Moon and Muzan meeting was so beautiful that i decided to watch the whole series again
Great Use of CGI and Animations
Sep 29, 2019 2:23 AM

Jun 2017
A very excellent anime! Superb animation and very nice story, a shounen battle anime done damn right! 10/10 for this series.

“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 29, 2019 3:02 AM
Feb 2013
One of the best animes I have seen in a long time ago. I already need more of this...
Sep 29, 2019 3:43 AM

Jul 2014
And it ended. Honestly, the story and characters are nothing original but Ufotoble just did GODLIKE work with anime. Excellent animation, beautiful art, awesome cameras work, decent OSTs and basically every scene was TRULY brought to life with their work. This anime is a big example that presentation is almost more important than the story itself at times. Although it still had many pacing issues.

8/10 for Ufo great work.
Sep 29, 2019 4:06 AM
Nov 2017
Hands down anime of the year!
Sep 29, 2019 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
The madmen at Ufotable even synced the ending credits with the LiSA OP lmao.

I really liked how they ended this one; a pretty vanilla ending, elevated by upping the animation + leading to the movie with-out pushing for a crazy cliffhanger.
~
Sep 29, 2019 4:39 AM

Jan 2011
That end brought on the Rengoku hype so perfectly.

Gotta say with how good this managed to make the early, weaker parts, and with Rui done justice, I really hope the whole manga ends up getting adapted. I can just imagine how the anime onlines will react to the later parts.
ReaperCreeperSep 29, 2019 4:44 AM
Sep 29, 2019 4:44 AM

Jun 2016
seriously that lower moon + muzan scene looks like watching a movie !!

Ufotable you are the best studio !!!
Sep 29, 2019 4:57 AM

May 2018

see ya Tanjiro & Co. qwq 10/10

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Sep 29, 2019 5:08 AM

Jul 2017
Off they go to another journey! Revitalized, and much stronger than before!

Definitely one of the best shounen anime ive seen in recent years. It was that kind of anime where you just wanted to watch more and hope for it to never finish. First of all, the visuals are orgasmic because ufotable is god in that department, and not only that, the story is compelling and the characters have depth to them (Zenitsu kinda annoyed me sometimes, but i don't dislike him). Movie hype! Can't wait for it! 9/10
Sep 29, 2019 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
-Aincrad- said:
Benphyre said:
I am a simple man. I enjoyed every minute of the series from start till the end, every episode felt like 5 mins and I always crave for more so it's an easy 10/10 rating. Gonna buy the blu ray and re-watch the entire series as well. Only thing I am contemplating about is whether I should start reading the manga.

Well, we won't see the movie for about 1.5years now

It's hard to be patient, I'm thinking myself about reading the manga, although I basically never do

Yeah the wait will be kinda insane if I keep thinking about it but I know I'd really enjoy watching s2 fresh without any knowledge of what's gonna happen. I guess I might start reading Dr.Stone and wait for Re:zero next year to fill up the emptiness.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 29, 2019 6:13 AM

Feb 2014
Ufotable delivers the best yet again!! Can't believe ho amazingly they adapted the massacre of lower moons. That BGM and slides were top notch.

And we're also getting a movie next with best boi Renji. He's gonna fan his flame like the sun!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 29, 2019 6:38 AM

Sep 2017
i loved and enjoyed the last episode. hopefully we will get a second season but for now we're getting a movie which is also great. like other people said before me, it's a shounen that was done right! best anime of its season.
Sep 29, 2019 7:07 AM

Jul 2012
Demon Slayer is definitely my fave Ufotable anime. I don't think I can list any that come close.

The story and characters were solid, not fantastic but I had a great time with this anime. It was always fun to watch.

It reminded me of Hunter x Hunter a lot and then with a pinch of Bleach. The ideas and power concepts were pretty similar to Bleach whilst the HxH similarity was how engaging the shounen story was, with the battles and how the pacing went along. Just fun stuff. The good stuff.

Normally would have given an 8 but will give a 9 because of enjoyment and love. Ep 19 yaaaalllllllllllll

I'm hyped for the movie too. Train/Airplane/Ferry-setting anime usually get me super hyped up. They're always a blast. KNY stans stay winning.
Sep 29, 2019 7:16 AM

Jan 2018
ufotable really did a good job adapting this masterpiece of an anime. the cgi, the animation, the cast, everything is really well done and I really hope for a second season and holy fuck, the train arc will be made into a movie that I REALLY FUCKING HOPE SHOWS HERE IN PH. I love this series so much agghhhh
Sep 29, 2019 8:20 AM
Jun 2015
DeathTheKid4 said:
And the title for the most overrated anime of the year gooooooes to: Kimetsu no Yaiba the 5/10 anime with great animation, shallow story, and recycled characters from other shounen.
Just wait for falls My Hero. That shit ass garbage show will be a 9 first episode.
Sep 29, 2019 8:22 AM

Oct 2018
shane_nichols said:
DeathTheKid4 said:
And the title for the most overrated anime of the year gooooooes to: Kimetsu no Yaiba the 5/10 anime with great animation, shallow story, and recycled characters from other shounen.
Just wait for falls My Hero. That shit ass garbage show will be a 9 first episode.

It's really hyped up at this point, so I wouldn't actually be surprised of the crazy fans voted it 10/10 right at the first episode.
Sep 29, 2019 8:28 AM

Dec 2016
I'm sad this amazing show is over, but I'm even more extremely hype for the fucking TRAIN ARC MOVIE!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 29, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
A very good adaption, indeed. The sequel movie was just teased, but it looks it will be great as well, or not better. Hope to have more Kimetsu no Yaiba soon!

Solid 8/10 for me!

Sep 29, 2019 8:56 AM

Feb 2014
Man. What a ride this show has been for the last half a year! ^_^

This last episode showcased just how brutal Muzen can really be. He's not impressed with the lack of success that the lower members of the Twelve Kizuki, so he gathered them all and pretty much slaughtered them all, with the sole survivor given a second chance to redeem himself after making a calm and passionate plea for another chance.

The whole camera work with the 3D CGI backgrounds were sublime from ufotable as always. =3

Tanjiro's moment with Kanao was my favourite part of the episode. He really wants Kanao to make decision for herself rather than relying on flipping a coin and relying on chance. If Tanjiro keeps this up, then he's going to have more than one girl who's going to fall in love with him eventually! XD

Overall, this show has been really impressive. Even though it repeats many shounen tropes like most shounen shows before this, it did them really well, so it might be generic, but that's doesn't always mean it's a bad thing and this show proves that rather easily.

ufotable, on the other hand, have been at their best here. Splendid animation, both in 2D and 3D, great voice acting and the soundtrack is just superb, with it being at its best in episode 19.

9/10 is my final score and I can't wait to see the movie sequel soon enough! =3
Sep 29, 2019 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
Another mostly goofy episode for the finale. The coin flipping thing was especially cheesy. Tanjiro is such a goof.

The Muzan scene was kinda interesting. I can't help, but think it's a waste to kill off most of the lower 6 just because they are weak. I guess he plans to disband them, but still they were perfectly good demons. Also his appearance change is very weird. Makes me wonder if he's still with that family. For all we know he could have like brainwashed them to be his pretend family as he roamed the streets.

Well it was a great series overall. Definitely crushed any expectations I had. Only a gripes I had throughout - 8/10.
Sep 29, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Tanjiro is such a nice guy, first with Aoi and then with Kanao, I really loved those parts. The scene with Kanao was especially cute.

AOTS for me. I loved Tanjiro as the potagonist and Shinobu best girl.

A movie isn't what I expected but I'm happy to have more KnY, especially that it's a sequel and not a just a random story.
SkyLETVSep 29, 2019 10:49 AM
Sep 29, 2019 10:42 AM
Sep 2019
Just finished this, wow that was amazing. I was never going to watch cause it really didn't seem that interesting. But a friend told me to start it and I'm glad I did.

If there is another season, it'll definitely have to have a lot more to show. But that's just me.

Anyways if you listen really closely, you can hear the sounds of people buying the manga
Sep 29, 2019 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
If I wanted to start reading the manga, what chapter would I start at after watching this season? I really enjoyed this and I'm not sure I can wait for the movie/possible S2
Sep 29, 2019 10:53 AM

Jan 2015
Th0rAxe said:
If I wanted to start reading the manga, what chapter would I start at after watching this season? I really enjoyed this and I'm not sure I can wait for the movie/possible S2

At chapter 54
Sep 29, 2019 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
What an epic 6 month ride.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 21, 2019

233 by skatensleep »»
May 26, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

210 by skatensleep »»
May 26, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.