Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 7, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2015
3/10 for this arc.
MC is one hell of a pussy and the writting was awful.
I just found Tsuneki pretty cool and fun to watch.
Episode 3 wasn't even that bad.
Feb 8, 2017 9:56 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well bittersweet ending. It's understandable why Tsuneki would not want to date for 1 year before leaving. It would feel forced and would make leaving much more difficult. But hey at least she gave Kamita a nice memory, a kiss under the setting ocean sunset, pretty romantic if you ask me and she also gave him a cheek kiss so it wasn't half bad.

And in the end they reunite so it's possible they may have hooked up. Something that caught my eye was when she said "It was my first time", she didn't tell Kamita it was her first time kissing someone, so maybe she already had someone who kissed her. Would have added a bit more meaning to the kiss in my opinion.

Araki lol
Playing with rabbits

Overall it was a decent arc.

Feb 11, 2017 8:03 PM

Nov 2012
The people behind this anime really wanted to set a benchmark for "PURE SHIT".

All I could do was laugh at how brain-dead the writing was while watching this episode.
Feb 12, 2017 3:35 PM
May 2016
Heroine in this arc was to slutty imo. If she can did this to a guy she randomly spoke, what should she have don inthoss 5years in Spain?
Feb 13, 2017 7:19 PM

May 2015
Ugh, this arc's conclusion really shows that unlike Amagami this show is an anime original.

The writing was absolutely subpar and the ending was just meh. They should have at least gotten some people well-versed in the romance genre to work on the script and produce this, rather than just make a rag tag team of guys and hope to cash in on Amagami nostalgia and freaky fetishes. This is the first arc and maybe I am over reacting but this first arc is truly a disappointment in the romance department unlike the predecessor even the Rihoko Sakurai arc (Amagami SS) was miles better than this in the romance department IMO.

This episode reminded me of one of the arc in Photo Kano minus the reunion at the end... the only difference is the romance in that one was well balanced with the girl uncertainties opposite of this first arc...

Roy_FockerFeb 13, 2017 8:45 PM
Feb 13, 2017 7:20 PM
Feb 2017
what is the end of this serie?
Feb 14, 2017 12:25 AM

Aug 2013
@Roy_Focker

"Notice how this is more adult-like than Amagami... like the "Sugar Daddy" gossip (Her and the Shop owner scandal), more sexualized innuendos (detailed Sweat, Butt fogs on chairs) compared to Amagami, more personalized standpoint of misunderstandings, and less cheesy lines."

I half agree with this. I think that it had more adult ecchi moments: his weird fetishes, popping boners, the whole slut rumor thing. But overall it didn't even amount to anything.

On the other hand, Amagami definitely had less of that, but Juinichi managed to slay almost all the pussy at the end of their respective arcs. There was also that scene in the shed in Morishima's arc (which was just mentioned in this week's Seiren episode).

I'd say that Seiren has more "adult" ecchi moments, but Amagami was a more generalized mature show. Most of the romances ended with implied sex. The follow up arcs in the second season actually gave grown up conclusions to the pairings: like proposing and marriage, having kids, etc.
Feb 14, 2017 5:53 PM

May 2015
@Jonesy974

Yeah, I agree... if they were going in this direction (more mature/serious) apposed as Amagami they should have made it slice of life (genre) not romance because like you said Amagami with less and with all the bubbly things that happened in that anime/show has more mature themes than this (MC was a shut in because of reason [not going to spoil to new viewers] and each girl has her own problem as well) and both characters grow/complement each other’s (love department and in life) as the series progress... that is why I’m at a loss about this show as why this... so far in my own opinion is falling miserably in some of the topic that you and others MAL user have commented (viewers connecting with characters, lovey-dovey/romance situations and story)… *sigh*
Feb 19, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2011
These writers have zero idea about romance.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 24, 2017 6:55 PM

Feb 2014
So... in the end let's just be friends.
Then they give me the usual "years later....", then of course they meet again 5 years as if it were just 5 days.

C'mon.... how I hate the "years later" method.

Still, I'm enjoyed the series.

7/10 so far. Could have been 8/10 if it wasn't for that detail that really bothered me.
TechOtakuFeb 24, 2017 7:00 PM
Feb 25, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2014
Tbh I'd prefer if it ended without 5 years later scene. It'd be sad end, but somehow fitting. The way it ended leaves it at optimistic-open end that isn't really satisfying enough imho.
Feb 25, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
"Arousing" ...

Ok so 5 years later and neither looks any older. I'm guessing next episode is back in school though.
Now that Hikari's arc is over, I don't know if I can put up with this garbage.
Mar 3, 2017 8:48 AM
Jan 2015
dropped! So lame! Total boring love story!
Mar 9, 2017 12:35 AM
Feb 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode but I guess they had to rush it a little to end it this episode.

As I suspected, it was Yukie who tattled on Hikari who handled the entire incident in really mature way, she didn't dwell or blame Yukie for anything. I really liked how the entire was resolved without any drama.

Also Araki loves animals? Damn, After Kamita's comment I was hoping he was a fellow minion of the 2D world. XDD

Hikari was adorable again, her blushes are so cute. <3
The entire beach scene was great and really sweet to watch. You know what, Shouichi is a clever guy, When you can't do it yourself, Let the waves do it for you. XD

The underwater kiss was beautiful, I guess you could also attribute the fact of it being underwater to the bittersweet state of their relationship. Both of them like each other, yet none of them actually confessed openly nor did they become an actual couple. So when Shouichi commented on the kiss being "Salty", I thought it felt kinda symbolic.

I wish they showed a little more of the timeskip, with both of them actually going out on a date or something after meeting up. Glad they both found something they wanted to do. :)
Overall, pretty decent conclusion to the arc and I for one really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next.
Did Hilarious forget about Shouichi?. It sure looked like it
Mar 16, 2017 6:49 AM

Jan 2014
got kissed then friendzoned? they should at least try dating even it only 1 year, they can do LDR for the next 5 years and it would be better ending. what was the writer thinking..
Mar 21, 2017 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
kamita just got straight up cucked. people saying he's a coward for not asking her out but i think it was wise he didn't because he would've gotten in the way of her career she wanted, and that would've been her excuse for rejecting him if he did ask her out. can't change someone's ambitions just to be with them cause your future is more important than a mere relationship.

i cannot not see potential between kamita and tsuneki. for one, she has never texted him even though she offered her friendship back at the beach scene. also she was originally planning on going on a mixer tour, and based on the last 3 episodes her flirty/teasing personality would've easily gotten her multiple love interests that she could settle one on. it is highly implied she already has a love interest back in spain, and i just can't see any development happening between kamita and tsuneki since they didn't even bother contacting each other.

she didn't suit kamita anyway, their personalities don't really compliment each other. the next girl shows promise though
Mar 22, 2017 12:51 AM
May 2016
Koben said:
it is highly implied she already has a love interest back in spain, h

The flashback is open for interpretation, but may I ask how did you arrive at that conclusion that it is "Highly implied" that she already has a love interest back in spain?
because a lot of people probably miss that, including me...
Mar 22, 2017 4:30 AM

Jun 2013
BladeMemories said:
Koben said:
it is highly implied she already has a love interest back in spain, h

The flashback is open for interpretation, but may I ask how did you arrive at that conclusion that it is "Highly implied" that she already has a love interest back in spain?

this is just my opinion of her after the end of her arc

tsuneki was originally going to a mixer tour to hook up with araki or other guys, she never intended to spend time with kamita as it was all a coincidence. they didnt make any promises at the beach but instead they were further away from each other. lets be realistic here, 5 years later after not talking to each other, i doubt tsuneki has had a single thought of kamita. i also doubt that she kept herself single in those 5 years with that flirtatious personality of hers. she probably got a boyfriend at the time, the friendship ending just loses all hope of those two being together
Mar 22, 2017 5:55 AM
May 2016
Koben said:
BladeMemories said:

tsuneki was originally going to a mixer tour to hook up with araki or other guys, she never intended to spend time with kamita as it was all a coincidence. they didnt make any promises at the beach but instead they were further away from each other. lets be realistic here, 5 years later after not talking to each other, i doubt tsuneki has had a single thought of kamita. i also doubt that she kept herself single in those 5 years with that flirtatious personality of hers. she probably got a boyfriend at the time, the friendship ending just loses all hope of those two being together

Fair enough, geez seeing these kinds of interpretation and how it somehow fits into the story, still reminds me how they really fucked up the first arc lol
Mar 22, 2017 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
BladeMemories said:
Koben said:

Fair enough, geez seeing these kinds of interpretation and how it somehow fits into the story, still reminds me how they really fucked up the first arc lol

yep and thats the reason why its got a 6.30 score, they made a really bad first impression and im sure a lot of people dropped this series after the first arc. even i got pissed off as i thought this was going to be a friendzoned version of amagami ss, but i guess they made up for it in the later episodes
Mar 25, 2017 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
I agree with people that this love story is meh. But I like Tsuneki. Well, not just only this arc but this whole series seems really meh and I can't stand the shit MC either. And since it's obvious that this is on omnibus format, that means no more Tsuneki as the heroine, therefore dropped.

Abyhape said:
got kissed then friendzoned? they should at least try dating even it only 1 year, they can do LDR for the next 5 years and it would be better ending. what was the writer thinking..

IFKR.
TennoujiMar 25, 2017 11:02 PM

Apr 2, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2014
Im like 3 months late but whatever, I Pretty much agree with half the other people in here, in that this was a Horrible Arc really.

Ill grant that the beach and underwater scenes had their charm but the ending fell enormously flat.

The friendship after that ended up exactly as i thought in that it couldnt even really be called a friendship, as they didnt connect during that last year as shown by the lack of messaging or any communication. What does anyone expect? you dont fall in love with someone and then get pretty much rejected by them after a full blown kiss and expect the next day everything is back to normal.

And then the time skip which we find that MC has dedicated his whole profession, whole career, to Tsuneki. Who knows how passionate he is about it but from face value what you take from it is he does it in hopes of meeting her again. That just seems like wasted oppurtunity to me. Who know what he couldve done, but because of a single girl that basically rejected him he sought out Dietition. (It just screams in my mind BETA)

And Guess what? The job thing worked, Shes been in Spain for 4 years training and now shes coming back, to his workplace no less. Shes exactly the same person and the romance will pick up right? Not likely. Harping what others have said before me, with Tsunekis overly flirtatious and coy attitude, anyone would find it hard to believe she spent 4 years of her adult life, ADULT LIFE, Celibate as a monk in spain waiting for the boy she had a fling with for one year in highschool. and from the dialogue it even seems she doesnt remember him at all.

Now many might say that "oh the romance will just start over from 0". And to that I say God bless you for being Optimistic. But I came here to watch a feel good romance anime that built off the ground work the Amagami SS built, which based off this arc did not do. Therein lies the problem with totally open ended arcs. Noone really knows what the future holds. Now I have no problem with open ended endings as long as their well done. "Well done" meaning that the events leading up to it leave a positive outlook, or negative depending on what the show is going for, on the watcher and everyones happy as they think the MC and Heroine will get married in the sunset. In this case nothing led positively towards this ending, actually the opposite, with them having almost 0 contact for 5 years and her, a young vibrant girl, living in an exotic country.

Theres my small little late rant on the not so romantic romance, hope the other arcs are a little better.
Apr 8, 2017 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
what an awful ending

Apr 8, 2017 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
Everything after the (great) kiss was crap. They pretty much ruined what could have been a sweet ending for a good girl.
Apr 14, 2017 7:39 AM
Dec 2015
After finishing this story arc.
i'm all "man, this has got to be the best arc in the series. best girl all da way"
and i do believe she is the best girl. lol
kinda weird having to see them all again back from the beginning. but with the guy hitting on a different girl.
Apr 15, 2017 9:09 AM

May 2012
Well that kiss sure was beautiful! Pretty decent episode, but the pacing is still horrible.
Apr 20, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2015
Well there goes the 1st arc. I kinda wanted to see what happened after they worked together. Leggo next girl.
Jun 20, 2017 3:08 AM

Mar 2015
Yay a kiss!

Too bad this one wasn't requited.. Not exactly at least
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 2, 2017 6:11 AM
Feb 2014
I dont know what i should think about this episode. I know anime is styled like amagami ss, but with amagami i just had feeling that story was good but it ended and wanted to see more. I dont know what i should think about this anime. Even if it was only 4 episodes with big 0 of story, i watched every episode with smile on my face when she was teasing him, i just enjoyed it really much, some people say it was rushed but as gor 4 episodes i think it was perfect, really love that scene on the beach and until that moment for me it waa 10/10, but then... Big schock "sorry, thanks to you i know wgat i want to do amd after school we wont meet again"って whaat?! I didnt get the same reaction as with amagami, i just felt like anime was destroyed and id rather to see whole anime of hikari than anything else
I do really feel empty after 4th episode and that 5th episode... I just dont care about that new girl ;G
Jul 9, 2017 4:24 PM

Jun 2013
I have mixed feeling about this arc. I mean I don't know if Tsuneki was fooling around or was serious about love like Shoichi was either way it just felt one-sided and unrequited to me. Shoicihi seemed more of a plaything rather than a lover. The other thing I disliked is that they didn't even progress as friends I mean what's wrong with that? I don't even know if the time skip had any significance since their relationship didn't progress at all. Well whatever I still have to watch the other arcs and hopefully they are better that this one.
Sep 10, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
Well, they really ruined the arc with that conclusion. Not even the Rihoko arc of Amagami was that bad, since at least they fixed it with the second season, but with the way this ending was made, there is not any possibility they will end together, and the ending with them reuniting again means nothing, since Tsuneki would had likely met another guy in Spain and would have already moved on whatever she felt for Shouichi, if she felt anything in the first place, and, to add insult to the injury, her last dialogue in the episode somewhat implies she doesn't even remember him, oh well... The worst part is that they just did that after that underwater kiss, to make things worse.
This really left a very bad taste in my mouth, I expected something heartwarning and funny, but this was just a bitch move.

Rants aside, and now about Tsuneki herself, well, she was cute and I like teasing girls, so I liked her more or less, despite how lacking her chemistry with Shouichi was and that I was unable to feel their relationship. I also liked that she was interested in learning the gastronomy of my country, it's always nice seeing the place where I was born mentioned in anime. Let's see how the other heroines are.

Btw, that Araki guy sure has some interesting kinks. He would have been a more interesting MC.
IllyricusMay 11, 2019 12:34 PM
Nov 22, 2017 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
@Aversa

i agree

BDW send alert to all to read this its pain to Quote all one by one & i think i said enough XD

ManlyTear said:
It had a realistic way to end off things which happens more often than not but,rather disappointing overall given what has happened so far. Just one freaking kiss,come on...At least make it night of "memories" before splitting off for the next 5 years. The show got rather rather lazy here at the end, IMO. Also, to think that Shouichi really hoped and outgoing girl like Hikari would still be into him after 5 years when their time memorable time together was so brief. If we're to talk about realism, most of the time one such girl would've found a boyfriend by then.

Felt to me like they tried to strike a good balance between realism & a satisfying end but it got rather lazy towards the end and the execution suffered as result. Kind of a shame since Hikari seemed to be one of the more fun & interesting girls and the previous episodes had their charm with her & Shouichi's flirting but it just didn't wanna go the extra mile - or heck,just a few extra meters would've cut it - there to end things on a satisfying note.
FatalGaze said:
I have mixed feeling about this arc. I mean I don't know if Tsuneki was fooling around or was serious about love like Shoichi was either way it just felt one-sided and unrequited to me. Shoicihi seemed more of a plaything rather than a lover. The other thing I disliked is that they didn't even progress as friends I mean what's wrong with that? I don't even know if the time skip had any significance since their relationship didn't progress at all. Well whatever I still have to watch the other arcs and hopefully they are better that this one.

this is trash ending MC suppose to get the girl

NSD said:
They are not "reunited after 5 years". Tsuneki just came back temporarily to help her old boss. And besides she has a husband and a son back in Spain.

WTH??? they didn't mention this, where did u heard this cause it doesn't have manga nor novel

if its true its absolute garbage ending!!!!

she loved him she should have W8 like he did!!!!

okay then i imagine he (her husband) gets NTR'D he (Shouichi) takes her away from him :)

Mormegil said:
NSD said:
They are not "reunited after 5 years". Tsuneki just came back temporarily to help her old boss. And besides she has a husband and a son back in Spain.

Husband and son? It never said that.

he made it up sins he didn't answer u :)

SweetKiichigo said:
Well bittersweet ending. It's understandable why Tsuneki would not want to date for 1 year before leaving. It would feel forced and would make leaving much more difficult. But hey at least she gave Kamita a nice memory, a kiss under the setting ocean sunset, pretty romantic if you ask me and she also gave him a cheek kiss so it wasn't half bad.

And in the end they reunite so it's possible they may have hooked up. Something that caught my eye was when she said "It was my first time", she didn't tell Kamita it was her first time kissing someone, so maybe she already had someone who kissed her. Would have added a bit more meaning to the kiss in my opinion.

Araki lol
Playing with rabbits

Overall it was a decent arc.
chekrdnickrs said:
Yay a kiss!

Too bad this one wasn't requited.. Not exactly at least
StarAlone said:
I dont know what i should think about this episode. I know anime is styled like amagami ss, but with amagami i just had feeling that story was good but it ended and wanted to see more. I dont know what i should think about this anime. Even if it was only 4 episodes with big 0 of story, i watched every episode with smile on my face when she was teasing him, i just enjoyed it really much, some people say it was rushed but as gor 4 episodes i think it was perfect, really love that scene on the beach and until that moment for me it waa 10/10, but then... Big schock "sorry, thanks to you i know wgat i want to do amd after school we wont meet again"って whaat?! I didnt get the same reaction as with amagami, i just felt like anime was destroyed and id rather to see whole anime of hikari than anything else
I do really feel empty after 4th episode and that 5th episode... I just dont care about that new girl ;G
FatalGaze said:
Illyricus said:
Well, they really ruined the arc with that conclusion. Not even the Rihoko arc of Amagami was that bad, since at least they fixed it with the second season, but with the way this ending was made, there is not any possibility they will end together, aand the ending with them reuniting again means nothing, since Tsuneki would had likely met another guy in Spain and would have already moved on whatever she felt for Shouichi, if she felt anything in the first place, and, to add insult to the injury, her last dialogue in the episode somewhat implies she doesn't even remember him, oh well... The worst part is that they just did that after that underwater kiss, to make things worse.
This really left a very bad taste in my mouth, I expected something heartwarning and funny, but this was just a bitch move.

Rants aside, and now about Tsuneki herself, well, she was cute and I like teasing girls, so I liked her more or less, despite how lacking her chemistry with Shouichi was and that I was unable to feel their relationship. I also liked that she was interested in learning the gastronomy of my country, it's always nice seeing the place where I live mentioning in anime. Let's see how the other heroines are.

Btw, that Araki guy sure has some interesting kinks. He would have been a more interesting MC.

that rabbit fetish is bit 2much lol

they both love each other (it wasn't one side love, she wouln't kiss him to just to mess with him/tease him) but the time Hikari had with Shouichi made her see what she want & he became priority number 2 so she could set her life on path where she could later marry & have family cause at her current state working there part time she would not be able to feed her family with her husband who i bet will be Shouichi she knew what he wanted to say but she said lets leave the things as they are cause that way its easier for her, but still he should have at-least said i'l W8 for u

her kiss was the answer to he feelings well she said before hes like open book also the way she reacted to him & she begged him not to stop her that means she loves him enough no not to go if he really wants her to stay if he says don't go

lol its not that she doesn't remember they both were pretending didn't u see hes face i have seen it in other anime's pick up on the clues :)
i feel like u Illyricus are bit clueless :)

i guess ppl didn't pay attention enough :)

i believe they end up together cause it seems both have been without dating any1 this hole time, they both love each other if Kimi no Iru Machi couple managed to find they way back to each other then for them its a piece of cake, i just hate they didn't make it clear will they be together in the end or not like in Tsuki ga Kirei with this picture after credits

that would have been better

lets hope they will do same as with Amagami ss they make second season that is after-story that's only thing that could save this ARC
Sugram22Nov 22, 2017 7:26 AM
Mar 13, 2018 2:10 AM

Jul 2016
I wanted an "I love you", but at least they were reunited.
Mar 16, 2018 6:27 PM

Jun 2012
I bet Tsuneki banged a lot of guys when she was studying in Spain
Oct 29, 2018 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
That first kiss was very cute, though it's sad that Kamita-kun was kinda... friendzoned by the end of this episode. Oh well.
By the way, "deer cousine" as Tsuneki's cooking speciality was so funny to hear. ;D
Jan 15, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
That episodes felt rushed as hell. And then she kisses him only to dump him again for 5 years until they meet again. Wtf...
Jun 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
randomman57 said:

Honestly, the way they wrote this arc it would've been better as a full 12-cour series by itself. Their relationship was rushed, the friend drama was rushed, and so was the drama at the end.

Pretty much this. I loved Amagami and so I've been interested in watching this for some time. I really liked the character interactions in the first few episodes where they were in the mountains. The characters felt somewhat natural and were fun to watch. Tsuneki was designed in a provocative nature which at least from what I recall seemed like quite the jump from the characters in Amagami that had only minor sexualization.

However, this last episode felt really rushed. While the character not wanting to date and go to Spain was somewhat natural and expected, I felt the kiss was really out of place. Why would she kiss him and then tell him she didn't want anything to do with him? The return from Spain felt a bit out of character for both of them too. I can't say it's enough to sour the experience overall but I hope the other arcs aren't as much of a downer.
Nov 21, 2019 9:19 PM
Oct 2012
I felt so attached to Tsuneki Hikari's character that the disappoinment that came with this ending is so immeasurable... I'm not ready to continue binge watching the rest of this series
Jan 1, 2020 8:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Everything only for that... well it wasn't really bad but ugh poor writting
Mar 25, 2020 3:07 AM
Feb 2020
_Kairu_ said:
At least it didn't have an open ending like a certain arc in Amagami SS...

But it still had a conclusion in Amagami SS+
This arc? We're left with more questions than answers.
Mar 25, 2020 3:17 AM
Feb 2020
And people think Rihoko's arc was bad? At least Junichi and Rihoko became an official couple :/
Apr 9, 2020 3:21 AM

Dec 2009
... Shouichi Kamita, a second year high schooler who's still undecided on his career but seems to have the sense that he enjoys helping people. With an older sister, Tomoe of one year who's very supportive to her little brother, and his best friend, Ikou.
--Shouichi, a kind, easily flustered at times with a slight perverted mind kind of guy.
--Hikari, a confident unaffected beautiful retorting girl.

The main plot revolves around Hikari being grounded by her parents into cram school for illegally working part-time, where she spends her time enjoying herself and discovering her dream through Shouichi.
The conflict of the story becomes her wrongful suspicion of thinking Shouichi is the one who ratted her out to her parents.

In the beginning; Hikari, who's bitter of Shouichi's sister winning the santa contest over her, likes to tease Shouichi for his funny overreactions.
While Shouichi is undecided on his future, he decides to receive help from his friend, Itou to improve his studies with literature.
During that time, Hikari joins them to improve her own chances to not fail any subject over her strict parents, so that she can spend her summer break at a mixer in the beach. She later learns that her friend Yukie was the one who ratted her out because she wanted to avoid Akari flirting with her, since she had the impression he was interested in Hikari.

Throughout their moments together; from entering his cram room by his open window after attempting to escape but being chased by deer, wearing his tracksuit from being wet with a lack of clothing, cooking for him (including Mako and Ikuo), which is what triggered her dream for cooking, being mistaken as a naughty couple, taking a bath together with her bikini in the men's bathroom, to then asking if she likes Akari or if the chef at her part-time was her boyfriend --which is what causes her delusion of suspecting him as the one who ratted her out to the disciplinary committee.

After apologizing to him with a meal she cooked, she reveals to have partly avoided him for Yukie to not realize that she spent her summer with him and for the beard guy who's extremely attracted to Hikari know about it.
When joking to have been left more lonely due to Yukie getting a boyfriend, Shouichi invites her to the beach, where at some point they fall together in the water from the waves, leading to her pushing him onto the ground underwater and kissing him.

Unfortunately, after that, as he decides to confess to her, she reveals her newfound dream of becoming a professional cook and stops him from dating for a year before she moves out to train as a live-in cook in Spain. 5 years later though, as he's working part-time at her old job, with his own dream to chase her as a dietitian nutritionist, the chef announces his arriving baby, which means he'll be less present --thus, he brought a chef to help him --Hikari. Back and reunited.

The fact of reuniting is sweet, along with the beautiful kiss but her attitude towards her love for Shouichi is bewildering and frustrating with the lack of revealing depth to her emotions.
For whatever reason, she seemingly completely ignored him by never sending him texts even though they added each other's cellphone number ...for five years to focus on cooking and... as she claims, to not half-ass their relationship as a couple. Without more reveal, her behavior to that is completely incomprehensible.

... As for Yukie breaking up with Akari after she was fed up of role playing the baby and not the mother against his rabbit fetish... I guess that's dumb karma. Hikari's indifference and respect (of love) to Yukie ratting her out was shocking but consistent to her unaffected character.
As a heroine in four episodes with that plot of conflict, I'm not very fond of her for the lack of depth to her perplexing behavior, without a concrete ending of seeing them as a honest couple in love. 6/10 for Hikari's route.
Apr 12, 2020 4:10 AM
Mar 2020
Well I loved it. But I wanted them to become a couple so 4/5.
Aug 3, 2020 7:00 PM

Feb 2019
A pretty good arc, although it left something to be desired. I wish there could've been more romance and romantic development besides that (very well done) romance scene at the beach. Tsuneki seemed like a very interesting character and would've really loved to see romance between these two. All in all, this whole arc would've been much better if it were an entire series maybe lol

I'm not really someone who dislikes time skips when they're good, so the whole idea that Tsuneki wanted to pursue her dreams first was really good. At least it didn't end in a really bittersweet way where they never meet again, instead they get to meet after five years and from the look of things looks like they're on their way to becoming a couple. Main problem is that, I would've liked to see that instead of just a hint of it...

So I completely misunderstood this anime's concept. I thought it was going to be three arcs getting to know each girl and in the last arc of sorts he'd get together with one of them. But it seems each arc is like its own alternate reality? Like the actual routes in a visual novel?

Well anyway, would've really loved to see a more fleshed out relationship with Tsuneki. Although it was good, definitely felt unsatisfied at the end there...
Nov 4, 2020 2:01 PM
Apr 2020
a little disappointed, even though this is the best route in my opinion. but the ending didn't live up to my expectations. During the first 3 episodes we saw the closeness of MC and Heroin, then when in Eps 4 on the beach scene I thought they would start dating but it turns out they will separate when they graduate. time skip 5 years later, the two of them were reunited as work partners at a shop and the story ended there. I hoped to see them become husband and wife, but it didn't come true. Its a dissapointed:(
Feb 6, 2021 11:25 PM
Feb 2021
Am confused what happened to the first two girls why he change am lost
Feb 25, 2021 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
Cloud440 said:
Am confused what happened to the first two girls why he change am lost

Alternate routes bruh. Different endings.
Jun 25, 2021 7:04 AM
Apr 2021
I think the MC should end up with Hikari. This ending is very worse than I ever thought. I watch the anime because I got attracted to the character hikari
Jun 30, 2021 2:54 PM
Apr 2016
LMAO what a bullcrap ending for a shitty arc so to sum up the situation tsuneki was during pretty much the all arc in love with the chad blond senpai with the rabbit fetish , she was just toying/teasing with mc because his big sis beat her during miss santa contest , give him the cold attitude for bullshit espacially with how she react when she find out who was the real culprit ( for her part time job) . She pretty much kiss him out of nowhere before cockbloking him with her cooking study stop talking to him for a whole year during the last high school year and come back after 4 years studying in a lot of place like spain lmao ( as an european Who now the famous erasmus program people who go "studying" in spain just want to enjoy drink/bar/music and of course S*X) for me that's was a bad ending
Aug 4, 2021 3:41 AM
Nov 2020
Everything was going so good. It was heart warming and wholesome. I thought maybe this is as good as amagami. but no they had to fuck it up right at the end. Damn me.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

142 by EgatammaN »»
Jun 5, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

56 by patkarunungan »»
May 27, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

63 by patkarunungan »»
May 26, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

98 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

130 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.