Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (37) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2016 8:07 PM

Feb 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
Tfw Nishikujou gets extra screentime, and we might not see Imamiya at all.

Come to think of it, wouldn't Imamiya's appearance pretty much confirm Terra second season? I guess it's the same thought as Sakuya and Moon, but really without Chihaya's route Sakuya's role in Moon has no impact, so he might actually get jipped and it won't mean anything. Imamiya, however, doesn't need heroine routes and is important for Terra. Esaka I'm sure will be in this either way because

I'm sure we'll see Imamiya next episode. They've already rearranged a few scenes, so it wouldn't make any difference if Kotarou were to go out for his part time job next episode and then go looking for a camera. If he is in it, I wonder how they'll make him appear and talk, etc. First time through, I didn't think much of him. After Terra route, and rereading what he says when Kotarou first sees him, I was surprised since of the way he acted that he knew who Kotarou was.
Jul 4, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Tfw Nishikujou gets extra screentime, and we might not see Imamiya at all.

Come to think of it, wouldn't Imamiya's appearance pretty much confirm Terra second season? I guess it's the same thought as Sakuya and Moon, but really without Chihaya's route Sakuya's role in Moon has no impact, so he might actually get jipped and it won't mean anything. Imamiya, however, doesn't need heroine routes and is important for Terra. Esaka I'm sure will be in this either way because

Imamiya and Esaka need to be in for Terra (obviously we will be getting it because we saw that glimpse of Kotarou getting his arm chopped off)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 4, 2016 8:39 PM

Aug 2012
Well unless the past is only something that's alluded to for Kotarou x Kagari development, like it was kinda used for in Kotori's route. That's like worst case scenario though, because it would spoil Terra( at least Kotarou's involvenment with Guardian, his age, etc) without us actually getting Terra. Yeah I'd rather not think about that, and trust Morita's silly 'half of half'.
Jul 5, 2016 5:12 AM

Apr 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
Well unless the past is only something that's alluded to for Kotarou x Kagari development, like it was kinda used for in Kotori's route. That's like worst case scenario though, because it would spoil Terra( at least Kotarou's involvenment with Guardian, his age, etc) without us actually getting Terra. Yeah I'd rather not think about that, and trust Morita's silly 'half of half'.

After first episode I don't even want Moon and Terra being "adapted". Please, 8bit, do your "13 episodes commitment" and fuck off.
Jul 5, 2016 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
AlexTheRiot said:

After first episode I don't even want Moon and Terra being "adapted". Please, 8bit, do your "13 episodes commitment" and fuck off.

Tbh you should calm down a bit at least... Just saying .x.
Jul 5, 2016 6:47 AM

Jun 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

lol no he's right 8bit should just fuck off. we the fans are mad because of a bad and unfaithful adaptation. Kyoto animations should've made this anime
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 5, 2016 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
Mirotokiwa said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

lol no he's right 8bit should just fuck off. we the fans are mad because of a bad and unfaithful adaptation. Kyoto animations should've made this anime

Hmm, well, you kinda would have a point I guess to some extent?
Then again... (no spoiler)

Btw I'm joking around. Can kinda see the point of the sourness from his end but at the same time it's not even bad for a beginning. But that's just me.
Jul 5, 2016 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
Mirotokiwa said:

sigh..

you know that Romeo Tanaka is writting this new route, right?

8BIT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL ROUTE, THEY'RE JUST ANIMATORS
Jul 5, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2015
Murasa22 said:
Mirotokiwa said:

sigh..

Lol did you even saw episode 1? It's shit.
Everything is so random None of the scenes connect to each other. I bet that Kyo ani would let this pass.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 5, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
I'm still waiting to see if it is really 48 mins per episode like it is listed in MAL. In the 2nd ep we will know.

Steins;Gate took me about 6-7 eps to get me hooked. That would be the 3rd or 4th episode of Rewrite.

Too bad instead of using the same concept of time lines, like in Steins;Gate, they went for a 6th route. That's my regret.
Jul 5, 2016 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
Mirotokiwa said:
Murasa22 said:

sigh..

Everything is so random None of the scenes connect to each other. I bet that Kyo ani would let this pass.

If we're going to argue about the entire Kyoto Animation animating this, friendly reminder that studio has no charge in the writing at all. Just saying of course. Yes their staff would be in charge of the pretty cinematography... but at the same time we would still get the sort of same results like their previous Key Works before they went to the trend of adapting their own sources.

And @Murasa22 I need to kind of tell you to not let the negativity get to you of course. You need to calm down.

(I've been trying to tell you that but I letted that slide until today, didn't annoyed me, but I'm just saying)
Jul 5, 2016 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
eslej said:
I'm still waiting to see if it is really 48 mins per episode like it is listed in MAL. In the 2nd ep we will know.

Steins;Gate took me about 6-7 eps to get me hooked. That would be the 3rd or 4th episode of Rewrite.

Too bad instead of using the same concept of time lines, like in Steins;Gate, they went for a 6th route. That's my regret.

Can sort of see what you mean in that sense. Then again, just like everyone else, we're clueless about the 6th route since it's an original.
Jul 5, 2016 7:10 AM

Jun 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Mirotokiwa said:

If we're going to argue about the entire Kyoto Animation animating this, friendly reminder that studio has no charge in the writing at all. Just saying of course. Yes their staff would be in charge of the pretty cinematography... but at the same time we would still get the sort of same results like their previous Key Works before they went to the trend of adapting their own sources.

And @Murasa22 I need to kind of tell you to not let the negativity get to you of course. You need to calm down.

(I've been trying to tell you that but I letted that slide until today, didn't annoyed me, but I'm just saying)

MAL said that Aoshima and Takahashi do the script so ehm well yeah they do have influence on this anime. They could've just hired someone else. (but I'm stupid so I could be wrong. I really want this anime to succeed. People shouldn't think wrongly of rewrite). I don't think that the script is the problem. The main problem here are the random scenes 13 November was a big shock to most of us. Much better than seeing Krivoy Rog in Ep 1
Takamura-samaJul 5, 2016 7:16 AM
Jul 5, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
eslej said:

Can sort of see what you mean in that sense. Then again, just like everyone else, we're clueless about the 6th route since it's an original.
That's why I'm avoiding criticizing or praising this adaptation because of one episode.
Jul 5, 2016 7:31 AM

Apr 2015
Murasa22 said:
Mirotokiwa said:

sigh..

If Tanaka really wrote this then it's probably time for him to retire.
Jul 5, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Calm down? This episode was a disaster.
Joke scenes? Skipped.
Lunch with Shizuru? Skipped.
Introduction of Lucia? Complete shit.
Introduction of Chihaya? Best part of it - you guessed it - skipped.
"Touring" with Chihaya? A fuckin montage.

And it goes on: Now Nishikujou is suddenly Kotarou's teacher, Kagari obliterated Krivoy Rog cause he spilled her coffee, Gil and Pani were there for no reason at all, and what the hell was that with the army of Tree Men on speed?
I'm really surprised that Kotarou didn't land on Akane's head after closed space was destroyed! Fuck this anime!
Jul 5, 2016 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

But he is totally right.

Murasa22 said:
Mirotokiwa said:

sigh..

And they failed on this too.
I hate memes, but well, "you had one job" is fitting here perfectly.

New route fact is pretty good (for readers). It would be awesome actually, if:
- Whole common route would be adopted
- All heroine routes would be adopted
- 36 episodes +
- It would had a good (I don't expect great things, really) art (not like this trashy shit which we got).

Then this route would be awesome.
rsc-plJul 5, 2016 8:08 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 5, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2015
rsc-pl said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

But he is totally right.

Murasa22 said:

sigh..

- 36 episodes +

Exactly. Either do something right, or don't do it at all.
Jul 5, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2014
This is just like the LB thread.

It's just a shitstorm.

VN readers, please look at it from the view of anime-only viewers. The pacing WAS TOO FAST. PLEASE LOOK AT IT FROM AN ANIME-ONLY. You're getting thrown scene and scene & new female character after new female character like from a checkpoint. And then action scene out of nowhere. It was too overwhelming.

Tensho, no offense, but this was terrible directing.

I really didn't mind the animation, but the way the first episode was structured was awful. Please watch Re:Zero episode 1 for a well-done, paced first episode. Awww, I wanted someone like Tatsuya Ishihara or Ei Aoki, goddamn it. Why can't Rewrite get a good director?
exleader75Jul 5, 2016 10:05 AM
Jul 5, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2012
I guess I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed this episode. It seems to take place in the early parts of moon making it the 6th route of the story since the 5 heroines + new route = 6th.

I'm mostly just waiting for + to see how the new story is for myself.
Jul 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2015
exleader75 said:

It's just a shitstorm.

VN readers, please look at it from the view of anime-only viewers. The pacing WAS TOO FAST. PLEASE LOOK AT IT FROM AN ANIME-ONLY. You're getting thrown scene and scene & new female character after new female character like from a checkpoint. And then action scene out of nowhere. It was too overwhelming.

I really didn't mind the animation, but the way the first episode was structured was awful. Please watch Re:Zero episode 1 for a well-done, paced first episode. Awww, I wanted someone like Tatsuya Ishihara or Ei Aoki, goddamn it. Why can't Rewrite get a good director?

Or good studio.
LB was godly compared to this. It had solid problems, but at least it WAS an adaptation. Rewrite is so rewritten (pun intended) that I just can't comprehend how stupid you need to be to like this clusterfuck. Especially as a VN reader.
N7n4shiJul 5, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Sep 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
exleader75 said:

It's just a shitstorm.

Or good studio.
LB was godly compared to this. It had solid problems, but at least it WAS an adaptation. Rewrite is so rewritten (pun intended) that I just can't comprehend how stupid you need to be to like this clusterfuck. Especially as a VN reader.

I didn't mind 8bit as long as the episode appeals to anime-onlies.

I could clearly see no anime-onlies understood anything. Reading the ANN impressions was painful.

People are already dropping it like flies. It didn't capture anyone's attention.

Sigh, at least Planterian will be good.
Jul 5, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
exleader75 said:

It's just a shitstorm.

I think the choice to make it this incredibly fast paced was a very consious one. They want to hook people new to Rewrite right away. They probably think it would not have been possible if the anime had the same pacing as the novel, which means that about the first 6 hours or so are introductions mostly?
Of course, the anime would not have 6 hours of introductions, but if it were to keep a steady pacing equal to the novel, it would take at least three episodes to properly introduce the cast.

But you're right. The direction could have been better. Some scene transitions were very jarring.
The storyboarding was done very well mostly.
Jul 5, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
I don't think Tenshou or 8bit decide the pacing. Wouldn't it make sense that the episode count influences the pacing? With 13 episodes for this season, it makes sense that the first episode would be fast paced. If it was 24/26, episode 1 probably wouldn't have been as fast.
And we all know who gave us 13 episodes.. 'Based' Aniplex
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 5, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2014
Samu-tan said:
exleader75 said:

It's just a shitstorm.

I think the choice to make it this incredibly fast paced was a very consious one. They want to hook people new to Rewrite right away. They probably think it would not have been possible if the anime had the same pacing as the novel, which means that about the first 6 hours or so are introductions mostly?
Of course, the anime would not have 6 hours of introductions, but if it were to keep a steady pacing equal to the novel, it would take at least three episodes to properly introduce the cast.

But you're right. The direction could have been better. Some scene transitions were very jarring.

Yeah. I believe next episode they will slow it down a bit and start to focus more on the girls and their interactions, so we're likely to see the courtyard scene with Shizuru (Kotarou did promise her, afterall), as well as the lunch scene with Lucia. Just more moments to show everyone the girls and their moments and personalities. I'm guessing we'll also see Kotarou going out and meeting Imamiya next episode, and maybe even Esaka. Esaka and Sakuya will likely appear next episode or in episode 3, if I were to guess.

Do you guys think they'll slow down with Kagari encounters for a bit? They gave her a lot of focus since she was "haunting" Kotarou, but now that he has met Akane, her interactions sort of slow down in the VN.
Jul 5, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
Authoaria said:
Samu-tan said:

Yeah. I believe next episode they will slow it down a bit and start to focus more on the girls and their interactions, so we're likely to see the courtyard scene with Shizuru (Kotarou did promise her, afterall), as well as the lunch scene with Lucia. Just more moments to show everyone the girls and their moments and personalities. I'm guessing we'll also see Kotarou going out and meeting Imamiya next episode, and maybe even Esaka. Esaka and Sakuya will likely appear next episode or in episode 3, if I were to guess.

Do you guys think they'll slow down with Kagari encounters for a bit? They gave her a lot of focus since she was "haunting" Kotarou, but now that he has met Akane, her interactions sort of slow down in the VN.

Yeah, next episode will certainly slow down, especially with standard runtime...
Jul 5, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
We're only at ep 1. Some of the stuff might still come. Also think of why some of these changes were made. If you stil don't like the changes after reading the next part, that's fine either. But think about the "why" for a moment first.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Joke scenes? Skipped.

We had some of those, and we have to cut some of them. Not every single one of them is needed for the anime to be funny

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Probably in one of the next two episodes. They promised to do it on another day. Also, if they did it in ep1, it would have been even more rushed

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Same as for Shizuru. "Hey, this is Lucia, now you know her, you'll get to know her better later" - I am actually expecting the caferia scene soon.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

The important part was there, wasn't it? It really seems like you don't want to have ANYTHING cut, which is neither needed or possible.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

I guess that was a bit too little. But since we're not going for Chihaya romance, I guess that suffices.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

And it goes on: Now Nishikujou is suddenly Kotarou's teacher

Why not? Do we need to introduce 5 more teachers who are really of no importance at all? What changes if Nishikujou is the homeroom teacher of this class? Nothing, really. Anime onlys will however have to remember less unimportant characters and she'd probably have very little screentime in the common route if she wasn't.
Jul 5, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
TiduLimar said:
We're only at ep 1. Some of the stuff might still come. Also think of why some of these changes were made. If you stil don't like the changes after reading the next part, that's fine either. But think about the "why" for a moment first.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Joke scenes? Skipped.

We had some of those, and we have to cut some of them. Not every single one of them is needed for the anime to be funny

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Probably in one of the next two episodes. They promised to do it on another day. Also, if they did it in ep1, it would have been even more rushed

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Same as for Shizuru. "Hey, this is Lucia, now you know her, you'll get to know her better later" - I am actually expecting the caferia scene soon.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

The important part was there, wasn't it? It really seems like you don't want to have ANYTHING cut, which is neither needed or possible.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

I guess that was a bit too little. But since we're not going for Chihaya romance, I guess that suffices.

Gotrys_Cheslock said:

And it goes on: Now Nishikujou is suddenly Kotarou's teacher

Why not? Do we need to introduce 5 more teachers who are really of no importance at all? What changes if Nishikujou is the homeroom teacher of this class? Nothing, really. Anime onlys will however have to remember less unimportant characters and she'd probably have very little screentime in the common route if she wasn't.

Now please counter my other complaints. I want to see some advanced level mental gymnastics.
Jul 5, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
Authoaria said:

Anything can happen, really. I'm expecting two possibilities atleast:

1. Akane talks with Kotarou about the questionary and gives him the dolls for protection. If this happens, we're likely to see a bit more of Kagari..

2. Akane talks with Kotarou about the questionary and then says that UMAs doesn't exist, considering how she acted in the VN. But thats unlikely since we already saw Krivoy Rog..but maybe Kotarou will try to prove her wrong? That can lead him to meet Esaka or maybe the hound scene in the city. Idk.
Murasa22Jul 5, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
Authoaria said:

I'm not too sure whether they'll actually slow down the upcoming episodes. Since it's an original route, we have no clue what's to come. Personally, I find this pretty exciting because it gives a whole new experience to people that have finished the VN.
I think Kagari will keep showing up throughout the anime, but not necessarily as much as she did in the first episode. Tensho's stated that it's her route, so the focus will definitely be on her.

And I do agree that we need more moments that show the girls' personalities. They have done a great job showing Chihaya's and Kotori's in the first episode. I hope the next episode shows Shizuru and Lucia.

And more Kotori. There can never be too much Kotori.
Jul 5, 2016 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Joke scenes? Skipped.

And it goes on: Now Nishikujou is suddenly Kotarou's teacher, Kagari obliterated Krivoy Rog cause he spilled her coffee, Gil and Pani were there for no reason at all, and what the hell was that with the army of Tree Men on speed?
I'm really surprised that Kotarou didn't land on Akane's head after closed space was destroyed! Fuck this anime!

Firstly you don't really have to go and talk like that in some sense, I'm not even attacking you for god's sake. I'm only saying "calm down" as in try to not sound like a grumpy guy here.

You do realize that half of the things that you mentioned were comedy skits right? The Comedy skits would then drag for too long and will bore everyone the hell out of it.

The second half of the things you mentioned aren't even big issues. Lucia's introduction for example, still was rather standard and generic in some degree (for both VN and anime) but I do agree that Lucia's anime introduction could be handled better.

Nishukujou being the teacher for Kotarou isn't a big flaw either, as they made her at least more noticeable compared to the Visual Novel being present.

Other stuff are either just to not drag for too long and such ends.

As for the complaint about Krivoy Rog and Gil and Pani, I do see what you're going for, but at the same time friendly reminder that it focused on "The girl" at least I think I have a thought in what they're trying to do.
Jul 5, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

But he is totally right.

Murasa22 said:

sigh..

- 36 episodes +
- It would had a good (I don't expect great things, really) art (not like this trashy shit which we got).

While he may be in the right I do think he should try to handle his language a bit. I'm not trying to be completely strict here but I'm just saying to cool down. When he writes the first thing that I am thinking about is a guy shouting and telling shit to people in front of a camera.
Jul 5, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Joke scenes? Skipped.

Firstly you don't really have to go and talk like that in some sense, I'm not even attacking you for god's sake. I'm only saying "calm down" as in try to not sound like a grumpy guy here.

You do realize that half of the things that you mentioned were comedy skits right? The Comedy skits would then drag for too long and will bore everyone the hell out of it.

The second half of the things you mentioned aren't even big issues. Lucia's introduction for example, still was rather standard and generic in some degree (for both VN and anime) but I do agree that Lucia's anime introduction could be handled better.

Nishukujou being the teacher for Kotarou isn't a big flaw either, as they made her at least more noticeable compared to the Visual Novel being present.

As for the complaint about Krivoy Rog and Gil and Pani, I do see what you're going for, but at the same time friendly reminder that it focused on "The girl" at least I think I have a thought in what they're trying to do.

The problem is that "The girl" is everywhere. Mark my words, in the next episode Kotarou will find Kagari in Esaka's shop or she's gonna play cards with Akane in the club room. Now, I'm gonna check my fridge and a toilet, cause you never know, Kagari might be there.
Jul 5, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

The problem is that "The girl" is everywhere. Mark my words, in the next episode Kotarou will find Kagari in Esaka's shop or she's gonna play cards with Akane in the club room. Now, I'm gonna check my fridge and a toilet, cause you never know, Kagari might be there.

Wasn't in the VN, she kept appearing in his room before he met Akane? The only time she appeared more than normal was with the scene where Kotarou sneaks into the school, but that was the anime original stuff implemented. Only that one scene had extra Kagari. She should stop showing up in his room after this meeting with Akane. Now he'll probably see her whenever he's walking around the city at night (like that one scene in the VN where you have the choice to Rewrite/Not Rewrite, then to Rewrite your legs/eyes).
Jul 5, 2016 4:36 PM

Apr 2015
Authoaria said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Wasn't in the VN, she kept appearing in his room before he met Akane? The only time she appeared more than normal was with the scene where Kotarou sneaks into the school, but that was the anime original stuff implemented. Only that one scene had extra Kagari. She should stop showing up in his room after this meeting with Akane. Now he'll probably see her whenever he's walking around the city at night (like that one scene in the VN where you have the choice to Rewrite/Not Rewrite, then to Rewrite your legs/eyes).

Kagari was (mostly) invisible to Kotarou at first.
Also, in that night scene, on the roof - that was Shizuru.
Jul 5, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

In the visual novel, it is not clear, may be Shizuru or Kagari.
But in the manga (Rewrite Side-B), people on the roof that is certainly Kagari.
Jul 5, 2016 8:46 PM

Sep 2011
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

It is Kagari.

Mod Edit: To fill up characters and remove unwanted part of the post in regards to report
TyrelJul 5, 2016 11:02 PM

Jul 5, 2016 9:09 PM

Mar 2016
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Now please counter my other complaints. I want to see some advanced level mental gymnastics.

I didn't because there was no need to. There's nothig to think about, they were legitimate without thinking about it. (I don't agree with them, but I your reasoning is fine)
Obviously you're still allowed to disagree with everything else, I'm just saying think about the "why" first.
Unless you're referring to another post. I've got no idea then.
Jul 5, 2016 11:42 PM
Dec 2010
Samu-tan said:

I actually do think we'll be getting a lot more Kotori, even after November 13 for several reasons (some of which I had already considered before the anime aired, and a few afterward):

Spoilers ahead (duh, the thread's marked as such so I'm not going to mark it or anything)

1) Kotori's a neutral in-between the Gaia/Guardian struggle, and it seems like a good PoV to really introduce the conflict from

2) She's protecting Kagari, who is supposedly the focus of this 6th route, and is the only one of the heroines to have non-hostile contact with her

3) Her story leads into Kotarou's past, which they pretty much have to explain at some point (leaving that ambiguous before Terra is a really really bad idea)

4) Speaking of Terra, she has a role to play there too (the same one, only younger)

5) They've already introduced Chibimoth and Rikako, two minor roles that really only have an impact (and how!) in her route.

I might be a tad biased because Kotori's route was the first one I experienced, and also my favorite one. But there are some overarching plot points I see as being really crucial from her route that they can't ignore.
Jul 5, 2016 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
bcruise said:
Samu-tan said:

I actually do think we'll be getting a lot more Kotori, even after November 13 for several reasons (some of which I had already considered before the anime aired, and a few afterward):

Spoilers ahead (duh, the thread's marked as such so I'm not going to mark it or anything)

1) Kotori's a neutral in-between the Gaia/Guardian struggle, and it seems like a good PoV to really introduce the conflict from

2) She's protecting Kagari, who is supposedly the focus of this 6th route, and is the only one of the heroines to have non-hostile contact with her

3) Her story leads into Kotarou's past, which they pretty much have to explain at some point (leaving that ambiguous before Terra is a really really bad idea)

4) Speaking of Terra, she has a role to play there too (the same one, only younger)

5) They've already introduced Chibimoth and Rikako, two minor roles that really only have an impact (and how!) in her route.

I might be a tad biased because Kotori's route was the first one I experienced, and also my favorite one. But there are some overarching plot points I see as being really crucial from her route that they can't ignore.

I think these things that you pointed out are rather interesting to me. We do have a lot of key points with Kotori, again, as you stated, she's basically the neutral side of the entire conflict. As well as certain minor characters introduced in the anime for Kotori's Route. I think if thats the case she'll get focused but so does Kagari along with implementing the original route in some way.
Jul 6, 2016 12:51 AM

Dec 2012
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Joke scenes? Skipped.

-There were plenty of jokes scenes, even if a number of them were skipped (for god's sake, the episode was 45 minutes long just to allow more things to be added).
-Lunch with Shizuru doesn't happen at this point, it happens later.
-I'll give you that, it was kinda lazy: "I, Konohana Lucia, your Class rep". Geez...
-It was fine. Just because she didn't get dragged off in an ambulance, doesn't make it bad; as things are going, that would've just confused anime-onlys even more. People tend to forget that Romeo's humour relies heavily on the fact that it's written and not drawn.
-Again, just cherry-picking; montages exist for these kind of things. We had their conversation, we got the CG, we got some nice shots, and they even added the Martel building for a little extra world-building. It would've been nice to have the funny braking scene, but god, they can't just toss in every damn skit and scene in there, to expect that is totally irrational and unreasonable. So far they've kept in more of the comedy scenes than Clannad did in its first episode, and Clannad is mostly accepted as the best Key adaptation.
-Oh no, Nishikujou is Kotarou's teacher; how dare they change a minor detail for the sake of giving screentime to a character that didn't have enough screentime in the visual novel. Honestly, this is such a non-issue, and a pretty common thing done in visual novel adaptations to keep the cast all together and interacting as group, because VNs tend to have one-on-one conversations with characters, which is lazy writing (for TV and film anyway).
-I'll give you the Krivoy Rog thing, that was what confused most of the viewers and was totally unneccessary. For me, everything was great until then: after the treemen rushed out of that classroom it just felt really bizarre (and not really in the good way). It seems like they're trying for this weird fever dream feeling where Kotarou questions whether things he saw were dreams or not, which isn't a bad idea, but that scene was far too excessive, and even if the rest of the episodes are of an amazing quality, will probably bring the show down a tad.
Jul 6, 2016 1:13 AM

Sep 2015
The anime is making me depressed too, I was hyped for an actual adaptation of all the routes (even if it wasn't 100% on point with the VN).

I mean I'm okay with the 6th route, I'll still watch it and rate it fairly... But it's not going to be as good as the visual novel.

:( why you do this to me, Tensho.

Everything was really good until the end of the first episode. Like everyone else is saying, felt too bizarre and rushed. Hopefully the second episode fixes that.

hardcoperJul 6, 2016 1:19 AM

Jul 6, 2016 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
I still miss the scene which Kotarou and Yoshino push a cart with Chihaya's box on it
I wonder why they cut out the ambulance scene for Chihaya's intro, like, that secondary fall is the whole point of that scene lol
(there is even an illustration for a parody of that cart scene on pixiv)
inuvivoJul 6, 2016 1:25 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jul 6, 2016 1:24 AM

Sep 2015
But.. But what if all the familiars are CG

I'm actually interested in seeing how they make the hounds and leaf birds look, I love Rewrite's familiars.

Jul 6, 2016 2:56 AM

Apr 2012

Tried adding Hi frame by frame
The kind of Hi in the game is quite a chore in animation tbh
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jul 6, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
Just here to drop by the gifs I promised to share lol. All 134 of them. xD
http://imgur.com/a/ppjpn
Jul 6, 2016 4:02 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

It is Kagari.

Mod Edit: To fill up characters and remove unwanted part of the post in regards to report

So why later Shizuru erased that part of Kotarou's memory?
Like someone said before, it isn't clear enough. And manga? Who cares about that? It's like reading a Persona 4 manga - what's the point?
N7n4shiJul 6, 2016 4:09 AM
Jul 6, 2016 4:04 AM

Apr 2015
Anyway, even defenders gonna admit it - it sucked! As for now, this is even lower level than Grisaia no Kajitsu. At least Grisaia's first episode was good.
Can someone tell me what's the target audience for this? Cause fans didn't like it, anime-only's didn't like it and even Keyfags didn't like it. Fanboys? If this mess is gonna keep up in the next episodes, then I'm gonna stick to the Rewrite+ and forget that this travesty ever existed.
N7n4shiJul 6, 2016 5:24 AM
Jul 6, 2016 5:24 AM

Sep 2011
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Because the Key is involved? And is also part of Kotarou's messed up situation?

I'm always under the impression that it's Kagari since she's the only one who wanders oddly(Jumping roof to roof, etc) around town. Take Akane's route for example.

Unless you will enlighten me by giving some screenshot then I'll see if I'm right or wrong. I don't reread Shizuru's route much when I'm replaying Rewrite since her route is my least favorite so my knowledge regarding her route is not that good.

Jul 6, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Because the Key is involved? And is also part of Kotarou's messed up situation?

I'm always under the impression that it's Kagari since she's the only one who wanders oddly(Jumping roof to roof, etc) around town. Take Akane's route for example.

Unless you will enlighten me by giving some screenshot then I'll see if I'm right or wrong. I don't reread Shizuru's route much when I'm replaying Rewrite since her route is my least favorite so my knowledge regarding her route is not that good.

Screenshot of what? An empty sky? You know how cheap Rewrite sometimes is.
Anyway, I always thought it was Shziuru on her usual night patrol. You know, hunting familiars. After the job she returned to Gen and his crew, and that's where she met Kotarou.
Pages (37) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.