Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 21, 2016 1:01 AM

Mar 2016
11/10! sadly, there's one episode left. I might read the manga after I finish watching the last episode next week.
Jun 21, 2016 3:40 AM

May 2016
Definitely the most intense episode yet! I was cheering for All Might for the whole time. Soundtrack was absolutely perfect and the fight scenes are extreme.

One of the beat up villains looked very much like an alien from Parasyte :3

Jun 21, 2016 6:43 AM

Feb 2013
SchwartZero said:
I like how All Might went ''Do you not know how to hold back?''

And then afterwards, he punched a dude 300 times and sent him flying into the stratosphere.

Well, Nomu has just aimed a punch that sent All Might straight into a wall, against a young teenage kid. It would have been like aiming a full smash attack at Bakago's head.

That was why he commented on the villains not knowing how to hold back, even against a kid.
Jun 21, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2014
BLmatsu said:
ouriel said:

But the director is directly responsible for how a scene will play out, the way a scene will be shot and the way they'll use the camera in order to deliver information, without to be confused about what happened or just to look cool for the sake of looking cool.

This a well directed action scene, you have enough visual information to see what's going on, with clear cuts, wide angle use and steady cam.

Another good example is this one, altho not utilising the use of wide angle shots, but the delivery of information is quite concise.

Now compare these scenes and tell me which one is better. :)
I've seen GITS before so I understand what you mean. Ofc, GITS's animation is far superior. (It's a film too, so more budget.)

I'll show you the final fight in Kekkai Sensen (also animated by studio BONES). The scene uses the same weird shaky cam effect we saw in this ep of BnHA :/ (Tbh, I have no clue what is going on in the fight lol)

And this is one of the better choreographed fights in GBF. There's no wide angles or steady cams, but you can clearly see the animators tried to make the events that happen in the fight clear. And they don't use the shaky cam. (Fun fact, GBF has the same music composer as BnHA as well)

So yeah... it doesn't really feel like this director's doing. Maybe the episode director, person in charge of storyboard, or animator.

The Gundam scene is certainly better, and perhaps using such approach would've been better, however, in the end, I think this scene received the reactions needed, the feel of epicness, altho I would've liked it if it was more clean animation, but that's my personal nitpick(or annoyance, because of how often action scenes are choreographed in anime). :D
Jun 21, 2016 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
Whooooa.... All Might shows how awesome he really is.

That fight scene was intense and kudos to Bones for that nice animation.

Can't wait for the next episode. :)
Jun 21, 2016 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
"this power is....IT´S ALL MIGHT"

This episode was the best by far,if i could id rate it 6/5.
that fight was a great representation of how to be a hero,i don´t think they´ll be needing more lessons lol.
SVL3MJun 21, 2016 9:25 AM
Jun 21, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2016
Holy shit this show just keeps getting better and better!
All Might is a fuckin BOSS!!

6/5
Jun 21, 2016 2:55 PM
Apr 2014
Damn that was amazing. I'm usually not a fan of repetitive strikes like that (because it's kinda boring and unimaginative) but this was fine I guess. The overall fight totally compensated for that.

I'm really curious if All Might can hide his weakness from his students. I actually expected him to pop back into his "weak" form before landing the final hit against that monster.
Jun 21, 2016 2:56 PM
Oct 2015
Two words: Team Rocket.
Jun 21, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2016
I had to rewind to understand that fight scene. That was amazing 5/5
Jun 21, 2016 6:34 PM

Dec 2008
Me while watching:

Jun 21, 2016 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
so what is so good about this generic fight. The boring flashback? The boring generic worried lines? The generic JoJo OraOra fist fight (I don't hate JoJo though but in JoJo this is the norm, nothing special)? The generic shounen power up (fighting someone stronger than you? no worries the author will just give you a power boost or new tech if you're in shounen)? The theme music power up? The Nomu/Team Rocket is blasting away again? The face palm guy trying to be menacing by face palming himself while slow villain generic talking that just makes look like an emo teen chuuni? The usual generic shounen villain explaining their plans and ability to the heroes? The clunky cartoony animation? The shit choreography?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 21, 2016 8:36 PM

Dec 2015
ernst said:
so what is so good about this generic fight. The boring flashback? The boring generic worried lines? The generic JoJo OraOra fist fight (I don't hate JoJo though but in JoJo this is the norm, nothing special)? The generic shounen power up (fighting someone stronger than you? no worries the author will just give you a power boost or new tech if you're in shounen)? The theme music power up? The Nomu/Team Rocket is blasting away again? The face palm guy trying to be menacing by face palming himself while slow villain generic talking that just makes look like an emo teen chuuni? The usual generic shounen villain explaining their plans and ability to the heroes? The clunky cartoony animation? The shit choreography?

Wow can you put more buzzwords now? Looks like your're breaking a record for a tryhard troll...
Jun 21, 2016 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
KonoYume said:
ernst said:

Wow can you put more buzzwords now? Looks like your're breaking a record for a tryhard troll...

I don't know what is trolling about my post. I think you're generic uninformative reply is the trolling buzzwords.
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
Jun 21, 2016 8:53 PM

Apr 2016
ernst said:

You know I personally don't mind if you find the show generic or boring, but honestly the way you worded your post makes it seems like you're intentionally trying to agitate others who enjoyed this episode.
Also All Might didn't obtain some random power boost, he already had the strength to overpower the Nomu and his Shock absorption, which does have a limit.
VinjeJun 21, 2016 8:57 PM
Jun 21, 2016 8:57 PM

Dec 2015
ernst said:
KonoYume said:

I don't know what is trolling about my post. I think you're generic uninformative reply is the trolling buzzwords.

Oh you were trying to give an argument? My bad I thought you were trolling with this river of overused words. SORRY.
Jun 21, 2016 9:25 PM

Apr 2014
Wow...This show is fucking awesome! I LOVE this shit! My heart was racing the entire episode, I can't remember the last show that had me this excited. Felt like 5minutes xD. Really sad theirs only 1 episode left, but i'd rather it end now for awhile and pick up again next year or so rather than having filler bullshit like Naruto & Bleach.
Jun 21, 2016 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
No ! Only one episode remaining...
This episode was awesome, All-might was badass when he saved everyone and even more incredible during the fight.
Some camera angles were weird during Nomu vs All-might, but it was epic the most of the time.
Jun 22, 2016 3:50 AM

May 2014
ouriel said:
BLmatsu said:
I've seen GITS before so I understand what you mean. Ofc, GITS's animation is far superior. (It's a film too, so more budget.)

I'll show you the final fight in Kekkai Sensen (also animated by studio BONES). The scene uses the same weird shaky cam effect we saw in this ep of BnHA :/ (Tbh, I have no clue what is going on in the fight lol)

And this is one of the better choreographed fights in GBF. There's no wide angles or steady cams, but you can clearly see the animators tried to make the events that happen in the fight clear. And they don't use the shaky cam. (Fun fact, GBF has the same music composer as BnHA as well)

So yeah... it doesn't really feel like this director's doing. Maybe the episode director, person in charge of storyboard, or animator.

The Gundam scene is certainly better, and perhaps using such approach would've been better, however, in the end, I think this scene received the reactions needed, the feel of epicness, altho I would've liked it if it was more clean animation, but that's my personal nitpick(or annoyance, because of how often action scenes are choreographed in anime). :D

No nitpicking allowed unless you're not being serious or salty (whic is the case here XD)
ChuunichanJun 22, 2016 4:22 AM

Jun 22, 2016 4:27 AM

May 2014
Megumin said:
I wonder if the weird guy thing will ever land on earth again

Probably not, Kacchan's sister ;)

Jun 22, 2016 5:19 AM

Aug 2012
Aikawarazu ne, Punk Hazard shounen. He helped All Might without sweat, he should be a pro already with those OP quirk. Bakugou, although still cocky, was willing to teamwork with Midoriya shounen and others. Nice..!! (*´~`*)b
Jun 22, 2016 5:27 AM

Nov 2014
Chuunichan said:
ouriel said:

No nitpicking allowed unless you're not being serious or salty (whic is the case here XD)

Aye, aye, Midoriya Shounen. :)
Jun 22, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2011
That Plus Ultra though goddamn

This episode was epic. Those last few minutes were the best!
Jun 22, 2016 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
can anyone tell me, the words in japanese when he says, go beyond ?
Jun 22, 2016 6:36 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, enjoyed this episode. All Might remains powerful as ever; even if, don't have the strength that he used to have before.
Jun 22, 2016 8:56 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty amazing episode... looked like it coulda gone both ways lol
Jun 23, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2015
This was good! No, it was amazing!!! All Might fought with his whole power and kicked his ass!

Jun 23, 2016 4:39 AM

Jan 2015
Deku better have a one for all moment next episode. I was hoping he would this episode but Kaachan and todoroki came which was pretty cool
Jun 23, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
damn I'm definitely going to cry if All Might dies (If he does die, I have a feeling he will)
Jun 23, 2016 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
Vinje said:
ernst said:

You know I personally don't mind if you find the show generic or boring, but honestly the way you worded your post makes it seems like you're intentionally trying to agitate others who enjoyed this episode.
Also All Might didn't obtain some random power boost, he already had the strength to overpower the Nomu and his Shock absorption, which does have a limit.

Didn't they explain that he surpassed his 100%. what is that other than the usual shounen power up.
Jun 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2015
ernst said:
Vinje said:

Didn't they explain that he surpassed his 100%. what is that other than the usual shounen power up.

No since users of OFA use 100% of the power without even using their raw strength and with training then you can add your strength to the already 100% of OFA. And since ALL Might is already powerful, it sorta makes sense.
Jun 24, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2016
ernst said:
Vinje said:

That was more so All Might having an adrenaline moment then an actual "shounen powerup" and again in the middle of the fight All Might specifically mentions how the Noumu quirk isn't Shock Nulification, but Shock Absorption. Meaning one has a defined limit and the other does not and he simply exceeded that limit. Also you can logically assume that the Villains underestimated All Might's strength, even with his declining power the anime/manga makes it clear how freakishly strong the guy is. He even says it himself that it would of only taken five good punches in his prime to defeat the Noumu rather than the 300 he threw out.
VinjeJun 24, 2016 6:11 AM
Jun 24, 2016 7:51 AM

Jun 2015
11/10 would go beyond. Superb episode.
Jun 24, 2016 8:31 AM
Oct 2015
Lelouchxd said:
can anyone tell me, the words in japanese when he says, go beyond ?
"sara ni mukou e".
Jun 24, 2016 9:01 PM

Aug 2015
All Might went HAM in this episode. Loved the action.
Jun 25, 2016 10:31 AM

May 2010
Bakugou is always angry lmao

All might is super-duper cool! That animation was amazing, too!
Jun 27, 2016 4:32 PM

Feb 2016
Fantastic episode ! The music and fight scenes were amazing once again. Bakugou had that crazy look in his eyes. I can imagine him joining the The League of Villains sooner or later lol.
Jun 29, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2009
Had One Punch Man flashbacks. Plus Ultra punch was amazing.

All Might is great. He's not Saitama broken, but by god is he a strong bastard.
Jul 2, 2016 8:17 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that cliffhanger! Really intense episode! Really amazing ending, can't wait to see how this first season will end in the next episode!
Jul 3, 2016 4:36 PM

Sep 2015
This was probably my favorite episode of the series so far. I maintain that All Might is hands down the most likable character in this series, and after having his power hyped up for an entire cour seeing it in action was pretty satisfying. Watching this reminds me of the old days when I used to read Silver Age Superhero comics, you've set up a villain who by his very nature is more powerful than the hero. So how will he overcome it? The answer this time was punch it so many times, you just launch it far away (where exactly I don't know).

I'm interested in what they're going to do next time as well. All Might is at his limit and there's still Hand-man and the Gate Monster to deal with. It seems Deku, Bakugo and the other two are gonna have to step up and do some hero stuff to save the day. I honestly do just hope this is resolved quickly though. It seems like this anime is gunning for a second series, but I want a satisfying conclusion. Not a fourth episode of the characters fighting some villains I don't care about.
Jul 3, 2016 9:22 PM

Jan 2015
That fight! Team Rocket's blasting off again! That was so bad-ass! All Might might be the best character!
Jul 8, 2016 5:11 AM

Mar 2015
The awesome awesome OST just added to how amazing this episode was, what a way to set up the finale!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2014
What an amazing fight!
This episode not only succeeded but excelled this part in the manga in every way possible.
Jul 8, 2016 11:22 PM

Mar 2014
All Might's fight was the most amazing thing I've seen since One Punch Man. Pulled me so close to the edge of my seat I nearly fell off!

I was like a kid watching Saturday morning superhero shows and just couldn't resist shouting PLUS ULTRA with him it was THAT GOOD!

Fantastic how he can pull off such an AMAZING comeback even while we're all worried about his injuries and time-limit. I don't care if it was another typical "I'm practically dead but somehow can do 500% of what I normally can do" cliches, it was amazing as hell to watch
Jul 13, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2016
I watched this episode last night and oh my god it is the best episode in the series ,although the show is a generic shounen but I enjoyed it a lot I don't care for originality as far the execution is good .
the last thing I want to say is that all might is my favourite character in this show so far ,he proved to be an influential role model and he is willing to sacrifice himself to save others,he reminded me of whitebeard his era is about to end and he witness himself aging and weakening as time passes just like one of those professional football player when they reach their limit and have to accept the fact that they are no longer the same as they were and they have to retire ,I can predict that all might is going to die a heroic ending later in the story. in other shounen the role model that influenced the main character is absent and didn't have a lot of screen time but here they gave him a lot of screen time ,and make us to see more of him I'd like if the show would focus more on the side characters and their development in upcoming season.
bigmustache93Jul 13, 2016 3:29 AM
Jul 13, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2016
I thought it was a bit anti-climatic tbh... :(
Jul 14, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
All Might too fcking epic!
TrizeptJul 15, 2016 5:30 PM
Jul 16, 2016 11:00 PM
Dec 2015
Amazing fight scenes! Loved the animation! Reminds me a lot of one punch man! All night is so strong! Love it. Can't wait to see midoriya control his power and show what he can do!
Jul 17, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2014
yay! all might! 💙
Jul 21, 2016 2:51 AM
Jul 2016
Watched it in English Dub...gotta say Christopher Sabat as All Might is Gold! Such an amazing voice!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

218 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 3, 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.