Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 8, 2017 12:46 PM

May 2013
Duuuuddddeeeeee. The Ice-Hot Halfie is sooooooooooo COOL! :DDD

Baka Baku -____-" grow up and accept Deku as your worthy rival already. YOU'RE the one looking down on him, dummy.
Feb 5, 2017 3:03 AM
Dec 2009
Well I was hoping Deku and Bakugo could become friends but based on the freak out at the beginning and end of this episode... not so sure. But maybe they can have a good rivalry? I'm reminded of Goku and Vegeta a bit!
Mar 2, 2017 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
Another good episode!
On class 1-A so many already liked Deku!
Although Kacchan is hatea-ble his crying because he also felt frustration from others and just like Deku, he just getting started, that scene for me is the highlight for this episode!
5/5.
looks like the plot is expanding because the real villains who want to put down All Might is slowly appearing!

Apr 11, 2017 7:49 AM

Jun 2013
Momo's analysis was so cool (Inoue Marina is always a treat). I'm glad that the students are forced to use strategy, and it was fun to see all their various quirks. I'm usually not crazy about a show unleashing a gigantic cast of characters en masse, but in this case, there's such a wide range of personalities that they're still fun to watch...

As I thought, All Might did mess up a little bit, but it was his empathy for Izuku, not his investment in him that clouded his judgment. I know he tries really hard, but I'm still glad Recovery Girl called him out accordingly, he needs to improve as a teacher as well.

I feel like the two rivals' confrontation didn't quite have the impact it should have. Maybe it's because I wish Izuku didn't enable Katsuki like that, or that I'm not that interested in seeing Izuku triumph over Katsuki, as he's already done that for all intents and purposes. But I guess, as long as he focuses on himself and his own development, it's fine. And Izuku should be prone to making poor decisions sometimes, too.

LeeTailorApr 11, 2017 8:02 AM
Apr 13, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
I like the purple girl interrupting the fabulous guy all the time.:)
Bird guy also seems to be really cool. i haven't noticed this things when i read this chapters in the manga.
Can't wait for the villains. We finally got a glimpse of them.

animefan8800 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Also loved this:

Not the face you wanna see of someone you ogle! XD

Interesting. I am currently watching the BD version and he beast are more covered and he face has been changed. If the BD has Momos breast more covered then i guess the Tv version is superior.:)

Apr 26, 2017 5:50 AM

Jan 2010
Just started watching this series last night. Got hooked immediately lol. Planning to watch only episode one, ended up marathoning 8 episode until 4AM lol

Loved this ep so much. I love Bakugo and Deku's development in this one. Also Todoroki is so cool <33 remind me of yukihina from code breaker XD

May 3, 2017 1:54 AM

Apr 2015
The other quirks were really cool. Poor Deku always getting beaten up tho lol

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 9, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
That half-ice/half-heat or whatever boy looks interesting.
Jun 14, 2017 6:00 PM
Nov 2016
I think one of the things I like most about this is how weird a lot of the Quirks are, like the one guy whose Quirk was wearing a bunch of jeans (or something?) or the guy who can turn his tentacles into other body parts.
Aug 30, 2017 3:28 PM

Jun 2015
That was stupid of deku to tell bakugo bout his quirk.
Sep 25, 2017 12:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bakugou was utterly humiliated and put in his place. I hope he quiets down now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2010
The supporting characters are all so colorful, hope to see more of them in the future! On the other hand Bakugo is still just plain unlikable, and that's probably not gonna change for the rest of this series... Shame.

I'm sure Villains will have some cool powers and attacks, but their designs for now are too weird to take them seriously @_@ We'll see...
Dec 4, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2012
And from here starts the Deku always almost telling everyone about all might lol ... damn what really keeps this series from being great to me is how forced the Deku and Kacchan thing is, to a point where i think deku is gay or something, why is it like that ? did the guy who wrote this watch naruto and think that the most important part for a successful shounen is a semi-gay relationship ?

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Dec 20, 2017 7:38 AM

Feb 2015
I'm glad Iida was named MVP - he owned his inner "villain" haha...Seeing Bakugo realize there were other people who were equal or better than him in talent was worth it. He's like that kid in high school who came from a small middle school (or city what have you) where he was top of his class in everything because they didn't have many students - but then they progress into a bigger, more competitive arena and suddenly they get lost in the crowd and shown up as just average among a group of true talent.

Jan 4, 2018 7:55 PM
Jun 2013
dam quick first lost and love props given to iida. Nice we got some little taste of some peoples powers. The line of "it was like something out of a comic book" is a pretty bad line since you live in a world where a good chunk of people have powers. seeing bakugo in pain is beautiful since he deserves it 100%.
Feb 5, 2018 3:53 PM

Nov 2016
The moment Iida was named MVP I wasn't astonished but I'm glad this show isn't those that just give credits to the main characters. So far I'm enjoiying this series so much!!

At the end when Izuku confused his words I died lmao. Bakugo's reaction was priceless. The "friend-brother" fight that Izuku and Bakugo have is king of cliché but Bakugo getting surprised by Izuku's abilities and comment was pretty damn good.
" You gotta love humans. When everything sticks to the script, they can put on a great act. But as soon as something unexpected happens, they react completely true to their nature."
Shinichi Akiyama

Feb 15, 2018 11:58 PM

Sep 2011
I really like all the side characters in this series. They are all so charismatic.

Deku is really stupid, already telling about the One For All.
Apr 13, 2018 5:02 PM

Jun 2016
God, I hate these shounen heroes who are portrayed to be "selfless" and "compassionate" then just end up sucking the villain's dick and forgiving them even when they're literally psychopaths.
May 23, 2018 2:26 PM

Mar 2018
There, see? He ain't a bad guy, really.
Oct 14, 2018 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Cool thing that we get to see more of the other students as well. Those who were recommended seem to be the top of the class. Hope we'll see more of their quirks as well in the next episode :3
Nov 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Dec 2016
Todoroki have the coolest quirk ever! I was amazed just by watching it *-* Madness!! The rest were cool too :)

Bakugou needs to loose his temper. I can't stand watching him acting like he's superior and agressive to everyone. He's a savage and jerk!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 7, 2018 6:45 PM

Nov 2018
This episode was okay. It didn't really do much to progress the story, but it was a necessary pause for Bakugo to rethink his situation and realize that he isn't the hot shit he thought he was. He's still the same prideful asshole, but at least now he sees that he isn't the best there is. It's what happens when the best player in the high school basketball team suddenly plays for an elite college team that's loaded with talent (and it happens again when they go from a college team to a pro team)...they're no longer the big fish in a small pond, they're in the fucking ocean with many big badasses that could kick swallow them whole. And that's what has happened to Bakugo here. I'm not surprised that he got even MORE pissed when Deku revealed to him that his powers were just given to him, but...I'm still disappointed. Dude just needs to chill.

I like that we got to learn a bit more about the other students in Class 1-A. Todoroki is really intimidating and I look forward to seeing more of him. And Bird Boy, Tokoyami seems to cool and mysterious. He is best bird.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Jan 12, 2019 8:21 PM
Jul 2016
I wish Suzuki was not such a crybaby bitch. God it’s so annoying. He cries like 3 times an episode. Suzuki should have been a girl instead of a boy because he has the demeanor of a little beta virgin.

Beyond that Bakugon is so wound up all the time. It’s like he is one of those kids beaten at home and so he bullies other kids. If the show has him become a terrorist or some other villain in the future it would make most sense because his underlying motivations are so basic that I can’t take him seriously.
Mar 15, 2019 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
Oh, Izuku. You're so naive
Mar 17, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2018
That commenting by Yamada, "What is he, a monster?"

Also nurse VA is really good.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
May 16, 2019 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
Kacchan cannot move on from his defeat. His reaction is priceless.

Shoto is handsome and badass.

Jun 3, 2019 8:08 AM
Apr 2019
Lord-of-the-Lez said:
This episode was okay. It didn't really do much to progress the story, but it was a necessary pause for Bakugo to rethink his situation and realize that he isn't the hot shit he thought he was. He's still the same prideful asshole, but at least now he sees that he isn't the best there is. It's what happens when the best player in the high school basketball team suddenly plays for an elite college team that's loaded with talent (and it happens again when they go from a college team to a pro team)...they're no longer the big fish in a small pond, they're in the fucking ocean with many big badasses that could kick swallow them whole. And that's what has happened to Bakugo here. I'm not surprised that he got even MORE pissed when Deku revealed to him that his powers were just given to him, but...I'm still disappointed. Dude just needs to chill.

I like that we got to learn a bit more about the other students in Class 1-A. Todoroki is really intimidating and I look forward to seeing more of him. And Bird Boy, Tokoyami seems to cool and mysterious. He is best bird.

And the crying scene was super big too.

Bakugo actually seemed to speak like a real hero here instead of calling Deku out on something, he actually challenged him, thats awesome.
Jul 4, 2019 2:38 PM

Feb 2017
LOL, Deku and Bakugou's relationship keeps getting worse and more strained every time they talk to each other.
Jul 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Dec 2013
I'm glad to see some parts of the battles of the other students. Kacchan cried? That's really something. Recovery Girl is a nice woman! But Deku shouldn't have told Kacchan about his powers

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Dec 2, 2019 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
Why the f' would he tell him? That's super dangerous information and Bakugo's temper means that he's extremely likely to start screaming about it at the top of his lungs where others can hear. If word gets around that the power can be transferred, does he think that there's anyone in his life that would be safe? He can't be that stupid can he?
Dec 6, 2019 9:12 PM
Dec 2019
Tokoya said:
I'm surprised that they only adapted 1 chapter

Either way, they handled everything in an amazing way yet again, especially with the Bakugou , Best Girl Momo and muh fav character SHOUTO moments

Loved how they managed to showcase all of the other students well too.....And also dat tease at the end....Enter (I'll use the name that I initially called him back then) Dr. Hands

I wonder if anyone's negative perspectives of BakuGOAT will change after this episode because mine surely did after this moment
shoto is my fav character too.
Dec 6, 2019 9:16 PM
Dec 2019
Mascera said:
That's definitely one short battle-training performed by the "sub-zero" man, even All Might can't really handle the cold and it seems Bakugo can't handle the shock for the review and for knowing there's another student that "stronger" than him.
And that funny moment when Deku back to class and another student named Aoyama Yuga always interrupted for his greeting. LOL
Tokoya said:
I'm surprised that they only adapted 1 chapter

Either way, they handled everything in an amazing way yet again, especially with the Bakugou , Best Girl Momo and muh fav character SHOUTO moments

Loved how they managed to showcase all of the other students well too.....And also dat tease at the end....Enter (I'll use the name that I initially called him back then) Dr. Hands

I wonder if anyone's negative perspectives of BakuGOAT will change after this episode because mine surely did after this moment
shoto is my fav character too.he seemed pretty op at beginning but I think that everything is balanced as of now
May 7, 2020 12:06 AM

Dec 2019
Ooohh todoroki showing up got me hyped, he looks like a cool dude. Other than that,, bakugo really annoyed me lol why is he such a bitch? Also i dont get why deku had to explain himself to him.. did i miss something?
May 24, 2020 2:29 PM

Mar 2019
Good episode.Only 4 people know about One for All and All Might's friend was presented in that film.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 16, 2020 12:10 PM
Sep 2020
Damn Bakugos gone crazy mad
Oct 16, 2020 12:11 PM
Sep 2020
4bstract said:
Ooohh todoroki showing up got me hyped, he looks like a cool dude. Other than that,, bakugo really annoyed me lol why is he such a bitch? Also i dont get why deku had to explain himself to him.. did i miss something?
yeah todoroki looks like a cool dude to hang out with
Dec 17, 2020 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
Seeing Bakugo react to Midoriya's "quirk" was interesting. Him admitting his defeat at the end was great. I'm glad he's able to admit that even if it's out of his usual character.

Feb 16, 2021 6:07 AM

Oct 2020
This Shoto guy is amazing. He did it in no time. However the invisible girl was weird. There is a lot of challenge for Bakugo. It's like he realized that there are stronger people who can defeat him. Even Deku is stronger than him. Poor guy and his pride. I hope All-might will do something for him.
Feb 23, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2020
"A fated battle between men"

Yeah I'm on Bakugo's side, not Deku's, and that's how it'll probably stay like.
Todoroki seems interesting but I'm still not sure whether he'll become my favorite character from this series.

Decent episode, Bakugo's reactions were priceless~
Mar 9, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2019
I don't understand, is Deku braindead or something? Does he not understand that Bakugo hates talking to him? Does he think continually forcing himself to talk to Bakugo is going to make things better? Dumbass
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 29, 2021 3:40 AM

Jun 2020
Bakugou is so intense...........I love it

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 12, 2021 5:33 PM

Jun 2020
Bakugo kinda cringe ngl
May 16, 2021 3:58 AM

Feb 2021
Bakugo's shocked expression after his loss was an indication that he'll take Deku seriously from now on. Shoto though...He seems more overpowered than Bakugo or Deku lol. Having ice and fire manipulation is an amazing quirk! Looking forward to Midoriya and Bakugo's rivalry

Aug 14, 2021 4:16 AM

Aug 2020
Finally, he was put in his place. His ego went 📉📉📉

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Aug 29, 2021 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Ayy, Deku... It was not a smart decision to tell somebody like Bakugo about your secret...
Sep 22, 2021 5:37 AM

Apr 2021
Gr8 episode...Finally My Boy Todoroki was introduced in this...His Quirks real good

Bakugo and deku do have a good rivalry...And Bakugo did acknowledge Deku :) in this episode
Oct 26, 2021 5:29 PM

Jan 2021
Invisible Girl is best girl and I will detroit smash anyone who says otherwise
May 28, 2022 5:15 PM
Apr 2022
Good episode wow that todoroki
Jun 29, 2022 1:40 AM
Feb 2022
Bakugo 少年 knows the dire situation that he's in.

Lacking the attitude from a true hero
Going for ranks, not for the traits and instincts of a super-hero
Still being praised, and even sometimes even flattered by his already natural and super capabilities
His rival being in a place that he kinda desires to be. Already prepared, lacking only formal instruction...

No champion likes that position
Jul 10, 2022 8:33 PM

Jun 2014
Bakugou can't take the idea of someone else doing better than him, especially if that someone is Deku.

Their rivalry is growing.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.