Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2015 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
Either post some panels that prove me wrong

my last comment for you (in this debate). Murata often expresses the actions, movements in so many panels. If you want to see the whole picture, read the whole chap (and a few next chaps in this case).
KjdWizardNov 1, 2015 11:35 PM
Nov 1, 2015 11:32 PM

Feb 2011
Great advertisement of the sweater. Seems they glossed over the hero associations establishment. I don't remember if Saitama ever realized he was the one who inspired the Split-Chinned Kid's father to create the association. As long as the viewers know... Seems I've forgotten most of what I've read from the manga. At least I can still be surprised by some events. I don't remember Sweet Mask welcoming Genos for example.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 1, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
Reload said:
I don't remember Sweet Mask welcoming Genos for example.

that is a filler event :p
Nov 2, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2015
Reload said:
I don't remember if Saitama ever realized he was the one who inspired the Split-Chinned Kid's father to create the association. As long as the viewers know...

Pretty much this. It was said in the manga as well, but even if Saitama knew, just like
I'm positive he wouldn't really care at all, lol.
Nov 2, 2015 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
testamentKAISER said:
When will the main girl appear?
Saitama needs some love... XD
Pls don't say Genos...
Although it is possible he is hiding an onahole...
XD

You mean

Shes does but never will become a main that'll be
cause of this....:P
ZanathKariashi said:
What you talking about, the wife and the mistress have already appeared.

Nov 2, 2015 12:24 AM

Jan 2014
I never imagine that Madhouse could done a ufo in a tv series!!! I only seen that in MH movies!! Haha..
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Nov 2, 2015 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
peeyaj said:
I never imagine that Madhouse could done a ufo in a tv series!!! I only seen that in MH movies!! Haha..

Wut did u say? Madhouse did many Tvseries with high production value, you may want to check Dennou Coil.
Nov 2, 2015 12:50 AM

Jan 2014
KjdWizard said:
peeyaj said:

Wut did u say? Madhouse did many Tvseries with high production value, you may want to check Dennou Coil.

I already finished that and it is a good. What I meant is that when someone says that "ufo style", they are referring to the supposed 'Unlimited Budget Works" of ufotable.. Simply put, ufotable spare no expenses in animation and I am glad that even though OPM has a supposedly smaller budget (posted on this board), they can offer similar amazing animation to ufotable. You can really see that MH animators love this series.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Nov 2, 2015 1:15 AM

Jun 2015
saitama flying around has a really simple explanation: saitama just doesn't realize what he does counts as flying, because he does it without doing any of the usual things you need to do in order to fly (no anti-gravity, wings, helium, telekinesis, etc.). Hence he claims he can't fly, even though he actually can through sheer brute force lol.

The real question is what happened to the giant lava crater created by Genos. He didn't move at all after firing that shot, yet when saitama moves to punch him, the lava crater completely disappeared. (Did the one punch fill up the crater with dust O_o?)

But that's really just nitpicking on my part. The fight was one of the most awesome action scenes I've ever seen in anime.
Nov 2, 2015 1:41 AM

Dec 2014
So what's about Amai Mask, he reflects attacks or what?
Nice episode, let's say, hero slice of life! No bad guy to eliminate!
Saitama walks barely like anyone! xD
Nov 2, 2015 1:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Madhouse sure brought the budget on this one, didn't they?

Epic as fuck
Nov 2, 2015 1:58 AM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
No I'm talking about this part.

As you can see, there's no rocks in midair so he's clearly flying during that specific scene in the air. But I guess like ichii said the animators probably took some liberties to make the fight look cooler.

it was animation liberties, that whole fight scene was full of liberties, not like it was worse than the original, but since the original would have been over too soon, they had to extend it someway
don't think too hard about it, it was just something random they added with not much thought behind it

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 2, 2015 2:08 AM

Aug 2012
The animation during Genos vs Saitama was godly.
Nov 2, 2015 2:17 AM
Oct 2015
this.. is... so.... fkng damn epic
Nov 2, 2015 4:13 AM

May 2013
I don't think Saitama can fly as superman or even levitate like some heroes... Probably just jumps relly high and steers himself in midair a bit. Not really handy way to travel.

Still I do love how Saitama can go from serious to normal in second. Just threw a punch that is death and then let's go eat something...
Nov 2, 2015 4:16 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Just admit the animators took some liberties to make the fight look cool. No need to make absurd explanations to cover up their mistake.

Considering the fact that THE AIR WAVE caused by a casual punch from him can obliterate a huge canyon wall, it would actually be bullshit if he can't use airwalk. The evidence that the necessary POWER is available is there. Actually the burden of proof is on you to show that he was not able to do it.

Again why do you claim that Saitama CAN use the air to obliterate a huge canyon wall (while bypassing the Genos right in front of him), but CAN NOT use said air to propell himself?
Nov 2, 2015 4:28 AM
Aug 2014
Every episode of OPM has been good-very good so far but this episode...damn..this was great.
Nov 2, 2015 4:31 AM

Mar 2015
Saitama/10, yet another glorious episode. Oppai Hoodie is awesome :3

Lucasloco91 said:
Where's my bro Emiya Shirou Hero Rank SS ?

I'm busy fighting the True Kirei, so I don't appear in this season ^_^
Nov 2, 2015 4:32 AM

Feb 2015
Whoa that Saitama vs Genos fight was cool. And Sweet Mask made apperance. Great!
Nov 2, 2015 4:37 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That training fight.....is better than most battle scenes in other anime.

If only every anime had battle scenes like that.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 2, 2015 4:48 AM

Apr 2014
Zeando said:
it was animation liberties, that whole fight scene was full of liberties, not like it was worse than the original, but since the original would have been over too soon, they had to extend it someway
don't think too hard about it, it was just something random they added with not much thought behind it

Yeah I agreed with ichii and am totally fine with it but some people don't want to admit Saitama was flying or that the animators did it on purpose by coming up with some weird explanation like "swimming in the air".

Grey-Zone said:
Considering the fact that THE AIR WAVE caused by a casual punch from him can obliterate a huge canyon wall, it would actually be bullshit if he can't use airwalk. The evidence that the necessary POWER is available is there. Actually the burden of proof is on you to show that he was not able to do it.

Holy shit you can't be serious?
Grey-Zone said:
Again why do you claim that Saitama CAN use the air to obliterate a huge canyon wall (while bypassing the Genos right in front of him), but CAN NOT use said air to propell himself?

I never claimed that so no need to put words in my mouth.

Again if you want to argue then post some proofs (panels, screenshots, anything for god's sake) that shows him using air to propel himself. No need to reply with your garbage "in-universe possibilities".
Nov 2, 2015 4:54 AM

Sep 2014
Madhouse has done it again. They certainly know how to work with the budget they got. If only dbs can do the same even though they got a bigger budget, their animation was crap.

saitama vs genos was epic! as good as the manga. the soundtrack, the voice actors they all chose were a perfect fit. The animation really does justice to the amazing art of of the redraw of OPM. OPM manga is like an animation by itself.
MyDogHadKittensNov 2, 2015 4:59 AM
Nov 2, 2015 5:04 AM

Jan 2011
That Saitama vs Genos training fight in this episode was absolutely amazing. The animation was so fluid and crisp; it was just perfect. Great action and effects, especially with Genos' blasts. Genos was clearly going all out yet Saitama was simply dodging and somewhat taunting Genos. However, once Genos told Saitama to really take it seriously, Saitama's force from his punch alone destroyed a part of the canyon! Madhouse knows how to do action and I'm glad to hear the anime is doing the manga justice. Saitama wrecking the machines during the fitness examinations was pretty funny too. That oppai hoodie that he wears is the best. xD I also loved the OST that played during the training fight; it got me really pumped even more. Genos decides to move in with Saitama and at first Saitama rejects him but once he sees the money Genos is welcome. :P
5/5
Nov 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Grey-Zone said:

Holy shit you can't be serious?
Grey-Zone said:

I never claimed that so no need to put words in my mouth.

Again if you want to argue then post some proofs (panels, screenshots, anything for god's sake) that shows him using air to propel himself. No need to reply with your garbage "in-universe possibilities".

The punch's airwave being able to obliterate a huge canyon wall is a fact (it was shown to do even more in the manga at a different point of time), so I am just going to assume that you will by default accept that fact. As for being able to repell the air by doing sidesteps in midair:
Using an airwave to obliterate a huge canyon wall is a higher ranked feat than MERELY propelling yourself a bit in midair. I am outright showing you a feat that Saitama accomplished and deriving from that that he could also accomplish a LOWER feat based on that.

What I say: Saitama can lift 1 ton, so he can also lift 100 kg.

What you say: NO! He wasn't shown to EXPLICITLY lift 100 kg, therefore it's bullshit! Just admit it, he can't lift 100 kg!

Not to mention the fact that ONE himself is involved with the anime production, so it's very likely that this has been approved by him.
Grey-ZoneNov 2, 2015 5:29 AM
Nov 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Nov 2009
The Oppai hoodie had me in tears laughing, love this show.
Nov 2, 2015 5:39 AM

Jan 2015

damn...awesome/hilarious episode... I even cried for entire 5 minutes....Saitama lol
Nov 2, 2015 5:41 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
"He's on a different level"

No, more like a different galaxy.
Nov 2, 2015 5:42 AM
Nov 2015
so siatama is reason that hero organization came into existence (look at the chin of the president and the boy he saves)
Nov 2, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
And they're at it again...

I'll just leave this here and see you again next week.

This episode was more enjoyable than the last two.

Genos moving in yee.

I want the oppai hoodie.
Nov 2, 2015 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
Grey-Zone said:
The punch's airwave being able to obliterate a huge canyon wall is a fact (it was shown to do even more in the manga at a different point of time), so I am just going to assume that you will by default accept that fact. As for being able to repell the air by doing sidesteps in midair:
Using an airwave to obliterate a huge canyon wall is a higher ranked feat than MERELY propelling yourself a bit in midair. I am outright showing you a feat that Saitama accomplished and deriving from that that he could also accomplish a LOWER feat based on that.

You really are pulling shit out of your ass. If a lower feat could propel him in the air then the airwaves from the canyon should be pushing him backwards since its obviously a BIGGER feat like you said right!? Oh wait it didn't happen.

Grey-Zone said:

What you say: NO! He wasn't shown to EXPLICITLY lift 100 kg, therefore it's bullshit! Just admit it, he can't lift 100 kg!

Lmfao apples and oranges. Lifting and punching the air to propel yourself is two different things. The former is at the very least possible and yes whatever you've written so far is bullshit since it is untrue and you're not willing to provide some evidence to backup your retarded claims.
Nov 2, 2015 5:59 AM

Oct 2014
aifukola said:
I want the oppai hoodie.

https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/636510947146776576
Nov 2, 2015 6:00 AM

May 2015
Z4k said:
Grey-Zone said:

You really are pulling shit out of your ass. If a lower feat could propel him in the air then the airwaves from the canyon should be pushing him backwards since its obviously a BIGGER feat like you said right!? Oh wait it didn't happen.

Grey-Zone said:

Lmfao apples and oranges. Lifting and punching the air to propel yourself is two different things. The former is at the very least possible and yes whatever you've written so far is bullshit since it is untrue and you're not willing to provide some evidence to backup your retarded claims.

Why do you care so much? I hope you feel stupid when you realize you're the only one complaining about this. LOL.

Nov 2, 2015 6:02 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Grey-Zone said:

Grey-Zone said:

Since you are clearly using completely different standards from me to make your point, there is no more point in this discussion, well I am not forced to convince you anyway, so let's leave it at that. Otherwise we will start an endless screw-attack comment section war and I am not into that.
Nov 2, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
Z4k said:

Why do you care so much? I hope you feel stupid when you realize you're the only one complaining about this. LOL.

I literally said it more than few times the fight looked cooler thanks to the animators taking some liberties. I never said I disliked it or even complained about it so I'm sure you must be feeling stupid right now lol.
Nov 2, 2015 6:07 AM

May 2015
Z4k said:
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

I literally said it more than few times the fight looked cooler thanks to the animators taking some liberties. I never said I disliked it or even complained about it so I'm sure you must be feeling stupid right now lol.

You complained about Saitama looking as if he flied, when he didn't.

Nov 2, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
Z4k said:

I don't know what you're smoking but give me some of that shit too.
Nov 2, 2015 6:09 AM
Feb 2015
That rent money doe.
Nov 2, 2015 6:11 AM

May 2015
Z4k said:
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

Your second post on the thread was you complaining. When people tried to explain it to you, you said the were pulling shit out of their ass. Sounds like bitching to me.

Nov 2, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

Your second post on the thread was you complaining. When people tried to explain it to you, you said the were pulling shit out of their ass. Sounds like bitching to me.

Complimenting a fight scene due to animators taking some liberties isn't what you'd call a complaint sonny.
Nov 2, 2015 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
i haven't watched it yet orz ;_;
Nov 2, 2015 6:22 AM

Mar 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
Z4k said:

dem my popcorns' about to run out. anyone here willing to share his?
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Nov 2, 2015 6:25 AM

May 2015
Z4k said:
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

Complimenting a fight scene due to animators taking some liberties isn't what you'd call a complaint sonny.

That's not what you said at first. You acted as if there was an inconsistency in the story, because Saitama had stated that he couldn't fly. It wasn't until someone suggested that the animators took liberties that you retracted your statement. So if that person had never come along, you'd be calling this an asspull. Don't pretend like you thought it wasn't from the beginning, because you did.

Nov 2, 2015 6:29 AM

Sep 2013
Im guessing Saitama is probably the one who saved the son of the hero association president. Saitama and Genus' duel was pretty awesome and as usual everything was blown out of proportion.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 2, 2015 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

That's not what you said at first. You acted as if there was an inconsistency in the story, because Saitama had stated that he couldn't fly. It wasn't until someone suggested that the animators took liberties that you retracted your statement. So if that person had never come along, you'd be calling this an asspull. Don't pretend like you thought it wasn't from the beginning, because you did.

TIL questioning an inconsistency and then complementing it means you're complaining.
Z4KNov 2, 2015 6:35 AM
Nov 2, 2015 6:35 AM

May 2015
Z4k said:
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

TIL questioning an inconsitency and then complenting it means you're complaining.
Z4k said:
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

TIL questioning an inconsistency and then complenting it means you're complaining.

It wasn't an inconsistency though, that was my point. You acted like it was one.

Nov 2, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
Z4k said:

TIL questioning an inconsistency and then complenting it means you're complaining.

It wasn't an inconsistency though, that was my point. You acted like it was one.

Yeah sure. Whatever soothes your soul mate.
Z4KNov 2, 2015 6:45 AM
Nov 2, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode, beautiful animation and art and superb ost was used in the fight AOTS. Adapted pretty welllll
Nov 2, 2015 7:45 AM

Jun 2009
Anyone notice the money that genos puts on the table during the ending, has a picture of Agoni's (Buttchin guy's) ancestor? Not as pronounced as the Manga (Murata's redraw that is) but it's there.
Nov 2, 2015 7:50 AM

Sep 2014
What can I say, this is too amazing, Madhouse have overdone themselves, incredible.

Kind of feel a bit sad for Saitama. The fight with Genos was pure gold.

100/10
Nov 2, 2015 7:55 AM

May 2014
Genos' upgrade is so freaking badass!

Too bad Saitama is dumb and now he has to become popular the hard way.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » should one punch man be called battle seinen?

deg - May 16

24 by phantom346 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

338 by FedeMetal »»
May 20, 6:30 PM

» serious question

elitebeef - May 5

45 by RickyHunt »»
May 20, 8:52 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

987 by RGreatDanton »»
May 13, 3:04 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

792 by jacjacqjac »»
May 12, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.