Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
"All that happened was that I was saved... Yeah that is all there is to it"
Rin: "Something wasn't taken from you as payment for being saved?"
"no Kirisugu saved me. That's all, I didn't lose anything"
Wow Shirou how can you even say that, considering what we are seeing in your flashback, and you fricking loosing your family in that fire. The head tilt with his facial expression was also insanely creepy, God Shirou is so fucked up.
Apr 25, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
mira-nyan said:
Tekakurika said:
Is it me or Gilgamesh in this series have different personality than in
? : O

Same personality, different circumstances.

FZ SPOILAH

No, I mean in FZ he was like ''im king of kings everyone else are mongrels etc'' and now there is no that vibe from him I even doubt that he would let some human even if its his master to pat his shoulder so casually
Apr 25, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2014
Tekakurika said:
mira-nyan said:

FZ SPOILAH

No, I mean in FZ he was like ''im king of kings everyone else are mongrels etc'' and now there is no that vibe from him I even doubt that he would let some human even if its his master to pat his shoulder so casually

His somewhat different personality is another matter but as to Shinji he only tolerates him as long as he needs him. Nasu did say in a Q&A He washes his clothes when Shinji touches him sooo....lol.
Apr 25, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2014
Mickdrew said:
iravuseiba said:

The water was so blue... So beautiful.

heh I noticed that too!
so perty~

Some wallpaper materials right here.

Also this Gil has the most punchable face.

I wouldn't punch him tho. May be someone else can?
Apr 25, 2015 2:28 PM

Sep 2013
mrdkreka said:
Wow Shirou how can you even say that, considering what we are seeing in your flashback, and you fricking loosing your family in that fire. The head tilt with his facial expression was also insanely creepy, God Shirou is so fucked up.

Losing, as in, Kiritsugu didn't make a contract and took something away from Shirou. It was only give. All Kiritsugu did was save Shirou's life, gave him a new home and taught him magic.

Tekakurika said:
mira-nyan said:

FZ SPOILAH

He washed his clothes after Shinji touched them in the first half. He's still the same old King of Heroes you know.
Apr 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
Score: Rin-sama Embarrased and Angry/10.

Seriously though, pretty good. Things are moving forward very quickly though. Wonder what that means for filling time later...
Apr 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
Theorder14 said:
mira-nyan said:

Rider or no makes no difference.

That doesn't make a difference.

Saber doesn't have to be one for him to find interest in her, either.

Tekakurika said:
mira-nyan said:

FZ SPOILAH

2 posts above :P
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 25, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
CapsuleCore said:
mrdkreka said:

Losing, as in, Kiritsugu didn't make a contract and took something away from Shirou. It was only give. All Kiritsugu did was save Shirou's life, gave him a new home and taught him magic.

Tekakurika said:

He washed his clothes after Shinji touched them in the first half. He's still the same old King of Heroes you know.

I would like to see that :D
Apr 25, 2015 2:38 PM

Jul 2010
Rin <3 That's all I have to say.
Apr 25, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
CapsuleCore said:
mrdkreka said:

She is talking about why Shirou is so fucked up in his head, and he doesn't even mention any of the bad stuff only Kiritsugu saving him.
Apr 25, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
Gotta admit, I really, REALLY enjoyed this episode. This is quite possibly my favorite episode in the second cour thus far~ =3

In my opinion, Shirou's distortion was portrayed quite surprisingly well, even if it was shorter than in the VN, and it was definitely nice seeing him have some development regarding his heroic ideals when talking with Rin, allowing people to look deeper into the things that drive him. I could really sense the unease there and understand their differing beliefs~

And then there was Archer's chat with Kuzuki, which provided some insight into not only his beliefs, but also the beliefs of Caster herself, and I quite enjoyed seeing them talk to each other...

BUT OF COURSE

OF COURSE OF COURSE OF COURSE

THERE IS ONE THING THAT MAKES THIS EPISODE AMAZING MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNCCCEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

*cough cough cough*

Well, his entry certainty made things a whole lot more interesting~ And indeed, his presence really made ShirouxRin all the more apparent, and entertaining too. I loved how they hilariously reacted to his presence by arguing with each other, and and also with the whole "don't get close to Rin =I" that happened shortly after~ His presence alone makes this anime much more entertaining, doesn't it?

Lancer's such a bro, isn't he~ And he's even actually pretty honorable, selecting the duo over lolGilgamesh due to their good morals, not to mention his comments before facing Archer in combat.

Speaking of which, the next episode is certainly going to turn out pretty good. We'll have Lancer vs Archer, and presumably Rin vs Caster and Shirou vs Kuzuki too. Three different epic battles going on at the same time? My oh my~!

Apr 25, 2015 2:42 PM

Dec 2014
CapsuleCore said:

What would you do if you meet Gil in your local laundromat.
Apr 25, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2012
Tsundere Rin is awesome. This Lancer is much cooler than Fate Zero's. Hope Gil gets fucked up.
5/5.

Apr 25, 2015 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
mrdkreka said:
CapsuleCore said:

She is talking about why Shirou is so fucked up in his head, and he doesn't even mention any of the bad stuff only Kiritsugu saving him.

Rin suspects Shirou was changed by Kiritsugu, that he took something as compensation for saving Shirou's life and Shirou says that no such thing happened (since Shirou didn't have anything to give anyway, he lost everything in the fire). That's all. You read too much into this one sentence.
Apr 25, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
CapsuleCore said:
mrdkreka said:

Rin suspects Shirou was changed by Kiritsugu and Shirou says that Kiritsugu didn't do anything bad to him, only save him. That's all. You read too much into this one sentence.

Too deep for you.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Apr 25, 2015 2:48 PM
May 2012
Best episode of the 2nd season so far, definitely. The only scene that wasn't that good, aside from some minor stuff, was Doctor Gilgamesh, sadly. I have a friend that loves Ilya and I was hoping to mock him with that scene today. ):
And oh, they covered more of Shirou's character, explaining his behavior better. I think it was really well done, and a lot better than the dream repetitions made in the VN, even if they were meant to show how much he was affected by that fire.
Also, Lancer 10/10 showing who's da best Lancer in fate.
Apr 25, 2015 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
iravuseiba said:
CapsuleCore said:

What would you do if you meet Gil in your local laundromat.
The King of Heroes doesn't have a washing machine in his treasury? Preposterous.
Apr 25, 2015 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
Suyure said:
Best episode of the 2nd season so far, definitely. The only scene that wasn't that good, aside from some minor stuff, was Doctor Gilgamesh, sadly. I have a friend that loves Ilya and I was hoping to mock him with that scene today. ):
And oh, they covered more of Shirou's character, explaining his behavior better. I think it was really well done, and a lot better than the dream repetitions made in the VN, even if they were meant to show how much he was affected by that fire.

He doesn't even have that kind of dream repetition in UBW iirc (it's other stuff) and the VN does fire flash backs here and in other places during the route. So it's really not different in that regard.
Apr 25, 2015 2:54 PM
May 2012
nocorras said:
Suyure said:

He doesn't even have that kind of dream repetition in UBW iirc (it's other stuff) and the VN does fire flash backs here and in other places during the route.

Really? I pretty much remember getting a bit pissed with that during UBW. Oh well, it's been some time since I played. You're probably right.
Apr 25, 2015 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
Tekakurika said:
mira-nyan said:

FZ SPOILAH

At least this Master lets him to have sword-spam fun with everybody.
Apr 25, 2015 2:59 PM

Sep 2013
Illya even your heart is cute. This episode was better than the last one mainly because of Lancer he is such a cool dude.
AcidPunkApr 25, 2015 3:02 PM
Apr 25, 2015 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
Amazing stuff. That scene with Rin and Lancer was one of my favorite choices from the VN, and I'm glad they used that here.
Apr 25, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2009
CapsuleCore said:
Rin suspects Shirou was changed by Kiritsugu, that he took something as compensation for saving Shirou's life and Shirou says that no such thing happened (since Shirou didn't have anything to give anyway, he lost everything in the fire). That's all. You read too much into this one sentence.

Let me say it another way, with the topic of the conversation it is more important what wasn't said. Rin wants to understand why Shirou is so fucked up, she ask some questions trying to find the answer.
Rin:"So tell me what happened ten years ago, because I bet that's what made you so screwed up!"
Shirou"You're wrong Tohsaka, all that happened was that I was saved... Yeah that is all there is to it"

This is before the context of the conversation started to change, and it could be considered being about what the price was for being saved. Here Shirou say it that happened was that he was saved, when that is so far from the truth, I don't see how that is reading to much into it, when we have the visual facial expression, and the flashback that shows Shirou aren't actually mention the bad stuff that happened 10 years ago.
Apr 25, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
one of the better eps of the 2nd half for sure. Shirou's distortion was much needed even though his character still isn't fleshed out enough. Lancer momments were portrayed pretty much on par with the VN (aka funny as fu*k). only problem is the beginning with the heart surgery being too rushed and no impact. Archer and kuzuki talk was alright but kuzuki's last statement hit hard.
MostRealArcherApr 25, 2015 3:35 PM
all other archers pale in comparison.
Apr 25, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
lol Illya got rekt even more
Apr 25, 2015 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Now I really don't know why they put that heart scene at the beginning of this episode and not to the end of the last, it really felt kinda odd here.

Anyway, nice comedy here. Tohsaka/Shirou/Lancer trio is funny as hell.
Still find that dialogue when Lancer talked about choosing his ally against Caster pretty hillarious given who is his master :)

And truth about pendant was revealed. 1+1=2. Wonder how many people are still left in the dark though.

molassus said:
Now the biggest question is if UFO table will give us the DOLPHINS or not

We have dolphins in beginning of the ED song, I still hope they're just trolling us.
Mich666Apr 25, 2015 3:32 PM
Apr 25, 2015 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
Second half had unnecessary scenes (not complaining about them though), Rin was annoying as usual and the heart ripping scene wasn't as over the top as DEEN's, which is kind of disappointing. Best servant finally came back which makes up for it.

4/5
BAN ME
Apr 25, 2015 3:45 PM

Oct 2014
My love really grew for Lancer this ep. considering that he seemed like a decent guy in 1st cour and this ep. only proved that he's so much better than I thought!! The way he teased Rin and Shirou was hilarious and when he said he would force Archer to beg for forgiveness to Tohsaka omg my heart cannot take it please don't die next ep TT TT

I guess Assassin's skills are no joke when even Lancer wouldn't like to fight him even tho Assassin doesn't have a np, I guess he got a boost in his skills instead?

Nice that they're fleshing out Shirou's character more

Finally they're mentioning the pendant but as expected they didn't give you every detail but that's what I like with this anime because it only gives you a few clues for you to piece things together yourself.

I'm glad I read about Medea's myth or else I wouldn't understand why she was looking at the sea o.o Wished they would show more about Kuzuki's past and such...

This was the best episode yet and I can't wait for next episode, HYYPEE

Also someone give Lancer his own route where he can get that tsundere blush shower Rin with his love and be freaking awesome.
AnondesuuApr 25, 2015 3:57 PM
Apr 25, 2015 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
mrdkreka said:
CapsuleCore said:

Let me say it another way, with the topic of the conversation it is more important what wasn't said. Rin wants to understand why Shirou is so fucked up, she ask some questions trying to find the answer.
Rin:"So tell me what happened ten years ago, because I bet that's what made you so screwed up!"
Shirou"You're wrong Tohsaka, all that happened was that I was saved... Yeah that is all there is to it"

This is before the context of the conversation started to change, and it could be considered being about what the price was for being saved. Here Shirou say it that happened was that he was saved, when that is so far from the truth, I don't see how that is reading to much into it, when we have the visual facial expression, and the flashback that shows Shirou aren't actually mention the bad stuff that happened 10 years ago.

What you read too much into was the Kiritsugu part, that's what I was referring to. 'Course Shirou lost things, but it wasn't Kiritsugu who took from him. When Kiritsugu arrived and saved him, Emiya Shirou was the only one who received.

Perhaps it might help you if I tell you that Shirou views Emiya Shirou as a different person. The old Shirou died in that fire and he was reborn as Emiya Shirou. That's the person Kiritsugu saved and is fighting in the Holy Grail War now. So all that happened to Emiya Shirou ten years ago is that he was saved, and that person is so screwed up exactly because he was saved. And it's not survivor's guilt. Well, that will be elaborated in a few episodes, so I should not go into this too much in this thread.
Apr 25, 2015 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
I think Illya scene was well adapted since she was already dead in the VN. They perfectly adapted the second decision Shirou made in the VN and I loved it!!! RinPoint+=1. Archer's filler talk with Kuzuki was nice. And I think the pendant scene in the church was better if they put it before they went to the church like it happened in the VN and then end the episode when the battle between Lancer and Archer started. Other than that 4.5/5
Apr 25, 2015 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
Well Lancer has returned and offering his help to Shirou and Rin.
Lol At Rin and Shirou arguing.
Archer vs Lancer.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 25, 2015 4:33 PM
Nov 2013
Oh my god, flustered Rin is so cute <3 and finally some development from Shirou?

It was very nice to see Lancer. I love that dude, next episode is going to be fucking great
Apr 25, 2015 4:46 PM

May 2010
Mich666 said:
molassus said:
Now the biggest question is if UFO table will give us the DOLPHINS or not

We have dolphins in beginning of the ED song, I still hope they're just trolling us.

IMO these are actually these little guys so it could be teasing the other way around ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm surprised that Lancer is such a bro in UBW, I remember hating this guy in the F/SN anime. Here he's almost like my beloved Zero's Rider!
Apr 25, 2015 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
CapsuleCore said:

What you read too much into was the Kiritsugu part, that's what I was referring to. 'Course Shirou lost things, but it wasn't Kiritsugu who took from him. When Kiritsugu arrived and saved him, Emiya Shirou was the only one who received.

Perhaps it might help you if I tell you that Shirou views Emiya Shirou as a different person. The old Shirou died in that fire and he was reborn as Emiya Shirou. That's the person Kiritsugu saved and is fighting in the Holy Grail War now. So all that happened to Emiya Shirou ten years ago is that he was saved, and that person is so screwed up exactly because he was saved. And it's not survivor's guilt. Well, that will be elaborated in a few episodes, so I should not go into this too much in this thread.

Actually I wasn't, but I can see how it might have looked like that. I was using the conversation to point out Shirou view of the world is far from sane, lets just keep it at that for now ;)
Apr 25, 2015 5:13 PM

Jul 2014
LOOOOOL you go Shirou! Standing up for your girl I see you!
Apr 25, 2015 5:16 PM

Sep 2014
Kitsu-nee said:
Mich666 said:

IMO these are actually these little guys so it could be teasing the other way around ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm surprised that Lancer is such a bro in UBW, I remember hating this guy in the F/SN anime. Here he's almost like my beloved Zero's Rider!

They look like sperm.

Normal fishies don't look like that...
Sex scene confirmed in the BDs?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 25, 2015 5:19 PM
Sep 2013
I feel like quite a bit of info was lost and felt rush without the narrative monologue format of the visual novel. Though maybe this is just cuz I've read the visual novel, those who haven't might not really be bothered at all.

For example: one of the biggest reasons why Shirou is the way he is is cuz when Kiritsugu saved him, Shirou felt that, more so than himself, the one who was really saved was Kiritsugu. Shirou admired that moment of bliss in Kiritsugu, someone who can find peace and salvation in the well-being and happiness of others rather than himself. Of course, Kiritsugu did not develop this way of thinking until after the events of Fate/Zero, before this, his views were even more warped and deranged.

Essentially, Shirou copied Kiritsugu's ideals (though he is likely predisposed to this way of thinking to begin with, especially considering his Origin). This is what Rin and Archer meant by his ideals not being his own beliefs and are simply borrowed. We're all influenced by the views of others but Shirou wasn't just influenced, he pretty much carbon copied what he deemed to be the ideals of Kiritsugu, not necessarily cuz he believed in those ideals himself but because he wanted to be like Kiritsugu, to accomplish what Kiritsugu couldn't.

Apr 25, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
Mich666 said:

Oh Lancer is awesome in UBW. You will like him even more soon enough.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 25, 2015 5:31 PM

Sep 2014
5/5 ep...seems kind of rushed. so we have 8 episodes worth of content left one of which being an hour long...at this rate i have no idea what's gonna happen.

so...any anime only's catch that bit about Archer?
Apr 25, 2015 5:36 PM
Apr 2012
Maloghurst said:
5/5 ep...seems kind of rushed. so we have 8 episodes worth of content left one of which being an hour long...at this rate i have no idea what's gonna happen.

so...any anime only's catch that bit about Archer?

9 left supposedly, they confirmed the 2nd cour would be 13 long when the BDs were announced. MAL also has it set to 13.
Apr 25, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2014
4/5

Pretty good. Better than I expected. Probably the funniest for me. "Your distortion" was okay. Lancer was great and totally made this episode. Dr. Gil scene was a huge disappointment, though. Judging from the preview,

Also, the necklace: I wonder how many would get the hint?

Anondesuu said:
even tho Assassin doesn't have a np, I guess he got a boost in his skills instead?

Not really. He's just that good with his sword.
Apr 25, 2015 5:44 PM

Sep 2014
Wow....

Apr 25, 2015 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
I really liked this episode. I do wish they'd gone for the iconic view of heart surgery... most of the time they've specifically preserved the iconic visuals, so I am guessing it was too much for TV. (TBH, I felt that Winter Forest had been toned down, too. Sure, there were wolves, but they avoided showing the torturous pain Ilya went through during that trial.)

But other than that, I enjoyed it a lot. I liked how child Shirou was covering his ears when walking past the people in the fire. Lancer was glorious. My anime-only husband still hasn't put 2+2 together with the pendant. It is apparently less obvious than I would have thought. Anyway, I'm really excited for next week's episode.
Apr 25, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
times like this i wish my boy lancer was on their team sooner!
Apr 25, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
lancer is a cool guy

i like how shirou really is not your standard shonen hero. thought the ep captured really well how broken shirou actually is

somewhat happy with the explanation for why gil is op
Apr 25, 2015 6:18 PM

Oct 2011
Illiya my heart T___T

Rin's Blush & Embarrassment <3

Shirou doesn't want Lancer toughing his girl <3

Lancer vs Archer OMG
Apr 25, 2015 6:22 PM

Sep 2014
ILLLYYYAAAA!!!!

Kawaii Rin-chan~~

ANyone else think that Shiro head tilt was creepy but friggin hilarious?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Apr 25, 2015 6:25 PM

Sep 2014
Aarronin said:
ILLLYYYAAAA!!!!

Kawaii Rin-chan~~

his head tilt and mile long stare was nice i loved it, one of those things that really illustrates him.
Apr 25, 2015 6:29 PM

Nov 2014
Maloghurst said:
Aarronin said:
ILLLYYYAAAA!!!!

Kawaii Rin-chan~~

his head tilt and mile long stare was nice i loved it, one of those things that really illustrates him.

Agreed. It shows his twisted side. Actually no, he's 100% twisted, he just subconsciously hides it unwittingly.
VarunaBlesApr 25, 2015 6:32 PM
Apr 25, 2015 6:30 PM
Sep 2014
THAT ARCHER-RIN-SHIROU SCENE, GOSH. That was perfect, I shrieked. MY SHIP.
Hmmm, that thing about the two pendants... were there two? Am I just confused (again)?

Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.