Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 13, 2014 5:11 PM

Feb 2013
Tooru finally hooks up with Fredrica... not impressed. Vivi didn't get her hair color back :(

Average end for an average anime.
Dec 13, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
linchpin said:
I want to believe she used all of her fake memories of being Gaz's daughter as the fuel for the last shot.

If it helps, it has already been told, that that happened.
Dec 13, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
Not a bad anime. Plenty of action, suspense, and a decent setting. It did suffer from being rushed and the final villain being a dry, boring guy who wanted power for the sake of power and despite being hyped up like crazy got killed off in an unbelievable and anticlimactic manner.

Overall it's nothing special and not a must watch, but it was fairly entertaining and at least worth 25 minutes of my weekly routine.

7/10 for season one.

5/10 for season two.
ExaccusDec 13, 2014 8:49 PM
Salmon is delicious.
Dec 13, 2014 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
So.... it ends, and what a rushed ending it was....

The story was good enough, and to be perfectly honest I liked every moment of it, the ending could have been explained a bit better though (I'm guessing she lost her memories because she didn't call him Tooru).

That said, the end of the war and the aftermath left a bit of an unresolved feeling to it. Seriously? The Gaz dies a second time and everyone goes into seclusion? Kinda feels a bit... unfulfilled. Can any LN readers please tell us if this is how things end in the novels as well?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 13, 2014 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Ending seemed like everything was cleaned up super fast. The all powerful Gaz getting taken down because Niva decides to show a human side. Not that the reason is a terrible idea; just that the buildup seemed lacking and Im left feeling There shouldve been more episodes. Overall 8/10 glad this show picked up in the first season and stayed consistent; glad i didnt drop this show
Dec 14, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
It was rushed but it was still decent I guess. There was a lot of wasted potential though, the scenes could have had way more impact if they had more episodes. But I got the gist of it and what could've happened.

Didn't expect to see Red Chaika at the end there. I wonder if she lives with her two travel buddies (forgot their names) now. She definitely doesn't live with Tooru and them considering that Akari said that she's grateful that she's always bring grapes.

Glad to see that White Chaika is alright, only losing her false memories. Happy ending.

The first season was better due to it just being less rushed and the ending more solid.
This season was pretty rushed but overall was a great ride.

7.7/10
Dec 14, 2014 5:51 AM

Mar 2009
I think they could've done this in 11 or 12 episodes. The ending felt rather rushed. I thought the battle with Emperor Gaz would've been longer.
Overall, still pretty good.
Dec 14, 2014 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
After all the nicely done build up from the 1st season, we got this 2nd season? It had so much potential to become one of the better fantasy anime show. Many important things left unexplained, so many plot conveniences here & there, & rushed ending. I wonder if the LN is as rushed as the anime adaptation. Oh well, at least it was somewhat a fun ride.

5/10. Average anime show(the 2nd season one).
Pat_To_Do-ListDec 14, 2014 6:00 AM
I like anime.
Dec 14, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
agree with everyone who said about being too rush, did black Chaika die after being kicked once?

i am guessing this is an anime original ending...
Dec 14, 2014 3:36 PM
Jun 2010
klaymore said:
agree with everyone who said about being too rush, did black Chaika die after being kicked once?

i am guessing this is an anime original ending...

Well 'being kicked once' across the head will kill most people, so yeah.

8/10, Frederica was so awesome last season, was hoping we'd get to see her wreck, but every time they pull some bullshit to take her out =[ I mean like, a Dragoon, so badass, nek minit taken out. Such disappoint.
Dec 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2009
Um, did anyone mention how rushed the last ep was?

So, the LN is still ongoing - had they given up on making more seasons and just invented an original ending, or is it the same as in the novels, just with a lot of information cut (as usual)?
Dec 14, 2014 4:29 PM

Mar 2009
Incredibly rushed. I'll miss Chaika all the same, though. And hey, harem end I guess?That's cool.

Why didn't they ever explain how Vivi became half-chaika?
Dec 14, 2014 9:16 PM

Apr 2014
It was cool to see Tooru link up with Fredrica and finally become a Dragoon Cavalier but... the way they defeated Gaz?

"Kill Chaika, my weapon."

"... lol nah."

*switches sides*

*Gaz ded*

Really anticlimactic. The episode also felt rushed as other said. Waaay too many things finished at once, and many other things left unanswered. The anime series overall was one thrill of a ride however, and its a shame that it just ended like that. The epilogue afterwards was nice though. Oh well. I'll definitely miss watching this show every week. It's been fun, Chaika. Cheers.~
DragonithDec 14, 2014 9:19 PM
Dec 14, 2014 11:06 PM

Jun 2014
Chaika learnt how to speak straight now because she lost her memories. She said "thank you" instead of "gratefull" at the end. Its a shame that Gunda was taken away from them. Lol at Akari, making a novel inspired by herself and Toru.
That bastard Gillite took all the credit, and I still hate that bitch Vivi.
I was hoping that red chaika will join the group because she's my favorite, well its over so im not sure what will happen next.

I wish the OVA is a sequel not a side story.

Toru was badass with his cavalier form so 7/10
Dec 15, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2012
Is Chaika lost all her memories, Im afraid and I guess it can be true. Since the gundo that she use in the last shot were not your regular gundo, looking at the destruction scale it must be really took a lot memory of her!?

Last, as the first series that I watch which is finished in 10 eps I give 8 of 10. Really enjoyable and ended with a nice conclusion.
Dec 15, 2014 5:07 AM

Mar 2009
A suitable ending, albeit very rushed. Why shorten the episode count while adapting more content though :/

7/10

Also, did they ever reveal what the Red Chaika's motive was?
Dec 15, 2014 5:21 AM

Dec 2012
Manjuu said:
Also, did they ever reveal what the Red Chaika's motive was?

Her motive was to avenge her father's death. It was revealed in the 1st season. The real question here is why did she just give up when she fought White Chaika & Tooru at the competition?
I like anime.
Dec 15, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2013
Ending sucks... Seriously. Last 2 eps were just meh. Especially the last one... Liked the anime except the last 2 eps. Would have given it a 8/8 m8 rating but can't with this ending...
Dec 15, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
Meh. This season wasn't as good as last season. It could have been on par with the first season if they didn't make this season 2 episodes shorter.

7/10 for first season

6/10 for second season

Dec 15, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
LOL WTF SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTION I AM NOT SATISFIED AT ALL.
What the fuck happened to Niva? She's forever weapon form?
Niva just pulled an asspull and decided to go to Chaika because she was given fucking seashell.I'm over exaggerating but still the Relationship between Niva and Chaika is as thin as a thread.
Did Emperor bullshit Gaz just stand there and take a hit?
He didn't even get surprised at all?
Frederica spoke on one scene and never talked again lol
Where are they now?

Obviously White chaika lost her memories..She's acting like some retard in the end.

Bah shitty rushed ending..Where's the light novel I want to see the real ending.

Hope the OVA answers everything.
NeutralSideDec 15, 2014 4:51 PM

Dec 15, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2014
a lot for on episode. woulda been nice to see some more of toru's new powers but o well still a decent anime to watch in both seasons.
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Dec 15, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty average series (not that that's a bad thing) but that's pretty much how I always viewed this series.
Nothing outstanding, but it wasn't bad by any means either.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 16, 2014 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
Average ending, just too rushed which I have predicted half way through the series due to it only having 10 episodes >.< I kinda wanna see more of what Tooru and his groups are up to :) Shin's death was just too quick for my liking and everything was just rushing straight to the point.
Dec 16, 2014 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
SweetCoconut said:
Yes, this episode was rushed but at least has a good conclusion for the series.

But, my biggest question is Chaika's backstory, I mean what is her connection to Gaz' "daughter" and what are her implanted memories (but glad to see her way of speak in the lasy scene). They didn't explained about the scar in the neck of Red and Vivi Chaika too.

Poor Frederica, had little moments in this episode and I heard that it was explained in the LN what she is truly.

So overall, yes the series has still a lot of questions unanswered but I'm still glad for my Chaika and Toru OTP. 7/10, can't wait for the OVA!

True that, never explained anything about her neck scar.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 16, 2014 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
^ Iirc the Chaikas were beheaded or have some sort of surgeries to changed their faces into Chaika face.

The only thing unclear to me is Vivi, why they considered her a half Chaika.
Dec 16, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Finally, Toru made the contract with Frederica, a bit rushed at some points but it was forgivable.

Somehow i got the feeling that Chaika used all of her memories to kill Gaz because she ran out of magic fuel and now she effectively suffers from permanent amnesia, well it's kinda of a bitter sweet ending

Overall score 8/10, waiting for the OVA
Dec 16, 2014 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
HandsomeMan said:

Is this for real? That's really different from the source material then. Talk about anime original ending. I didn't mind the ending though, but now it makes me want to read the LN. Although I'm sure the outcome will be the same.

All those images look really cool, especially the Gaz + Niva one - looks really sci-fi and cyber punk-ish, which is really cool. And yes, this dragon armour looks pretty badass too. Not sure how I feel about Bones leaving out that Tooru becomes a half-Chaika. I mean they rushed so much, might as well have cramped this in into a 15 second time frame too (like season 1 when the other girl becomes half Chaika). Although it's still possible for this to happen in the OVA, although I'm overall satisfied with the ending.

Also I like it more how Tooru becomes a Dragon Cavalier in the anime, because here it's his own decision, where as in the LN as stated, Frederica forces him into becoming one (even though she does it for their own good I imagine).

Edit: I just realised the LN is still publishing. It's fine then, because there would have been no other way for Bones to adapt it without an original ending. The only minus is the rush job, otherwise it's not really a big deal.

He does not turn into a half chaika. the contract of being a dragon cavalier made his hair glow white the same as federica's dragon armor color. The ending for the LN and the Anime ended differently but more or less the same conclusion. the only problem is the last episode was rushed so they had to make a few changes. it should have had 2 more episodes but im satisfied.

P.s If nobody knows yet Hitsugi no Chaika has been approved to have a western Publication by yen press

I don't really mind the anime ending, but this seems way cooler. Even the cavalier armor looks way more badass. (though the whole Gillette beating Toru is kind of bullshit). Kind of a shame, since they said the LN and anime would be ending at the same time, but that turned out not to be true. Makes me wish they would've cut this season short with a cliffhanger then waited to make a more accurate continuation.

I guess the ending with Gaz being killed and everybody living happy is still the same, but the route to get there seems a bit more interesting in the LN.
Dec 17, 2014 6:27 AM

May 2010
I... I don't know. This was really rushed. Couldn't bones do one more episode? Just one more and this could have a proper finale and not this rushed thing. It's not bad, but meh... those villians died so stupidly and Tohru became a

It was like "yeah yeah let's do this cuz we can." Fredricka didn't even show in the ED scene. Like they didn't even care.

Well rage game going strong. I did like this anime but this deserved a much better finale... 8/10, could be a 9 if not for that rushed ED.
Dec 18, 2014 12:10 AM

Jan 2012
gaz: yep, im the strongest fucking mage who ever live, kill'em all

niva: fuck you, i like this girl, bye

gaz: k, maybe next time

nice ending
Dec 18, 2014 11:44 AM

Sep 2011
The first season was great, this not so much. Really disappointed with the ending, it felt super rushed.
Joker_CodeDec 18, 2014 11:47 AM
Dec 20, 2014 8:21 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, last few episodes were a blur, so much things happened at once. I think this series could have taken a different spin. First season was pretty interesting, too bad I didn't see it develop more. 7/10 for this season because all I'm left with is... "that's it"?
Dec 21, 2014 6:41 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm well that sure was anticlimactic.
BANG BANG BANG, the end. I was expecting there to be something about the girl from which Chaika got her memories as well..

But somehow this ending worked, this was mostly a adventure show, nothing mind blowing, it fits.
This season overall wasn't as good as the first one IMO, not sure why but yeah.

Hopefully the OVA will give us a proper closing for the characters.

7/10? Not sure...7.6/10 most likely, so I'll be generous and give it a 8/10

Also not enough Akari and Fredrica!! :'(
AozureDec 21, 2014 6:52 AM
Dec 21, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
I was so bored watching this season of chaika. Maybe continuing with season 1 was an error but whatever. Time wasted.
Dec 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Mar 2013
Unsatisfying ending; so many questions left unanswered.
Although, the entire series was good overall.
Is someone able to tell me whether this was an original ending or is this how the LN actually ended? If it's the latter then wtf....
Emperor Gaz literally did nothing except just die like that, which was completely surprising considering he was practically all god-like in appearance and abilities.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed the buildup and revelation of the Chaika's purpose.
7/10 - Looking forward to the OVA
Dec 23, 2014 7:35 AM

May 2013
Enjoyed it, that soundtrack at the end was so <3
Dec 24, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
Looks like the White Chaika completed her mission after all. She gave Gaz a funeral.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 24, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2008
It was quite subdued, but the interaction between Chaika 357 and Niva was enough for this to be fine as an ending in my view. She first put herself in danger on the island to free Niva, bonded with her/it, insisted she had a personality and free will and even respected her decision to go with "Guy"when she left the team after confirming it was her decision.

In contrast, the emperor refers to both her and Chaika 357 as his tools, so...

Still, like all aspects of the ending, it was definitely rushed.
With more money and time, this could have been an amazing series. As it was, it was still pretty good.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 26, 2014 2:05 AM

Oct 2014
What an amazing dip in animation this episode.

Lets not talk about the finale, it is like bones gave up this show all together. Very weak in the script and writing, character motivations are slapdashed and makes no sense. Why are they suddenly so focused on the love when it does not reallly matter to the fight. Toru killed Gaz not because he started the war and ruined people's lives but because he hurt Chaika's feelings aww. Also the epilogue does not flesh out the characters after the battle and does not give us the happy ending that is worthwhile. In Toru's words : "I'm disappointed"

Anyway love this show though 7/10
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Dec 27, 2014 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
I'd say it wasn't as good as the prequel.
I didn't like the fact that..
- Toru and Fredrica form a contract so late in the game.
-Twintail gundo switched sides at the end for whatever reason.
-All in all many things are questionable and it was anti-climatic.
Geez look the strongest wizard standing there to take the blow like a man.
It seems like they just wanted to end everything already.
The rest were also rather rushed and the pacing was weird for me.
But well the fights are still decent at least. Some of it at least.
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time but was quite boring compared to the prequel.
Dec 30, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely resolve I must say, while the last part did felt a bit rushed it still was nice and a bit sad in a way but well I do wonder what the OVA will offer us! Still one hell of a nice anime series!
Jan 1, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2011
Awww. Wanted to see more of Akari and her never ending journey of love with Toru
Jan 2, 2015 6:17 PM

Aug 2014
So I think it's over for this story. What a quite final they gave. It's pretty nice!
I'm glad Chaika is alive too ;) I'd like to have a new story for this anime. I really enjoyed the both seasons of Hitsugi no Chaika! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 3, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
"Give father funeral" and what a funeral it was! Well I have to say this was definitely an explosive final episode but I'm a bit disappointed in how crammed together it all felt. This is especially considering that they decided to make this 10 episodes as opposed to the typical 12-13, which could have easily made room for more development on this final battle and Chaika + Toru's feelings towards the revelation of Gaz's master plan and the result thereafter. I was also hoping to see more of the aftermath of this final battle instead of a 3 minute cut of "well everyone is happy now, voila!" I can only hold onto that slim hope that the OVA will expand on this conclusion but chances are it will just be a service episode.

I'm a little surprised by Toru's sudden choice of forming a contract with Fredrica, but that was probably his way of saying that he valued Chaika more than his way of life as a saboteur. I also found it a bit intriguing how there was a huge lack of sentimentality between Toru and his mentor Shin.

As for the entirety of Avenging Battle itself, I really enjoyed this action packed sequel and the mystery of the Chaika and their purpose unraveled. It really was discouraging to find out that White Chaika wasn't special and that she was but another component to Gaz's revival. But I think that's what made this series so strong for me - that it didn't buy into any of the usual "chosen one" material and stayed its course with characters that each played their part.

7.5/10, I was set on a solid 8 until this last episode but now I'm not so sure. Much confusion. Need time. Think more.
Jan 6, 2015 6:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It ended. The score will be the same of the first season, a 8.
It felt rushed, and boring at some parts, the whole season 2, but still left me wanting for more, being and good (rushed) conclusion to the series.
I have to agree toru should had done the contract with frederica sooner, but at least we seen it, and was great.
Jan 6, 2015 6:39 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Jonesy974 said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

He does not turn into a half chaika. the contract of being a dragon cavalier made his hair glow white the same as federica's dragon armor color. The ending for the LN and the Anime ended differently but more or less the same conclusion. the only problem is the last episode was rushed so they had to make a few changes. it should have had 2 more episodes but im satisfied.

P.s If nobody knows yet Hitsugi no Chaika has been approved to have a western Publication by yen press

I don't really mind the anime ending, but this seems way cooler. Even the cavalier armor looks way more badass. (though the whole Gillette beating Toru is kind of bullshit). Kind of a shame, since they said the LN and anime would be ending at the same time, but that turned out not to be true. Makes me wish they would've cut this season short with a cliffhanger then waited to make a more accurate continuation.

I guess the ending with Gaz being killed and everybody living happy is still the same, but the route to get there seems a bit more interesting in the LN.

Overall agree, didnt knew it was a original ending. The LN ended at september of 2014... so dunno.
Still liked the anime, would read the LNs if they were translated.
Jan 13, 2015 4:15 PM

May 2014
Damn it were a rushed and bad ending. Hesus christ. Weren't the eperor a OP guy. He got defeated in 2 sec. were is the action? this was way to rushed. Though I have to say that the artwork were very good and the soundtracks weren't that bad either, but the plot were rushed way too much. Very disappointed. :(
Ths would be my ratings:

Artwork 7-8/10
Plot 5/10 (It missed very much actioin, the first season had much more of it)
Soundtrack 6/10. There weren't so good OST either. :/

Overall I will give it a 5/10, the whole series a 6/10.
Jan 17, 2015 7:11 AM

Jul 2008
Deserves an 8/10 but I'm docking 2 points for that god-awful ending

6/10

So much potential to be amazing and they fucked it up in the last 10 minutes of the season. How anticlimactic ...
Jan 25, 2015 11:04 PM

Mar 2014
Woah. Suddenly Toru transforms from anti-hero Saboteur to super-heroic Dragoon Cavalier? That was a bit unexpected o-o
Wish I had more details on the contract. At the end his appearance is normal, so I'm going to guess that the armor and red eyes is like his Iron-Blood Transformation and he can revert to normal afterwards.

Awww... Niva chose Chaika over Gaz! That was nice c: (Sad to see her all chained up at the end though :c)

Red Chaika delivering berries in a basket reminded me of little red riding hood, lol

And Akari writing a HUGE story based on her obsession with Toru at the end. LOL

So it looks like Chaika sacrificing her memories to fuel the shot to kill her "father" in the end freed her! I'm guessing/hoping that the memories that were used up were the fake/brainwashing ones. Her tone of voice at the end suggests she's not "programmed" anymore. :O
Jan 31, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2012
wtf man...

would rather have them take shit slow like first season tbh...

barely any comedy in this season and derp herp conclusion

another great anime down the toilet from shit/rushed ending

the way chaika talks will always give me a boner though...

8/10 nonetheless... what a shame
Feb 9, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2014
Good anime. BUT, I'm really hoping for an OVA because I want to know more about Chaika's lost memories and I want to see what happens to them and what they do afterwards. I hope they don't leave us hanging. I don't think a season 3 is necessary or at all possible because the fat guy is already dead, but an OVA would definitely be appreciated.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.