Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 17, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
Funya-Usagi said:
Riki's a titan

omg plz stahp spoiling D:
Wafuu~
Nov 17, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
I wonder why are you getting so worked up. Anyone couldn't see that as a hint, spoiler or whatever at first glance.

Though I'm not exactly sure if your statement is just a sarcasm.

Nov 17, 2013 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
Interesting episode.Can't wait for next one.
Nov 17, 2013 9:42 AM

Sep 2012
ArbiterAlCain said:
Why can't I shake the feeling that my recent completion of Kagetsu Tohya may have inadvertently spoiled the entire show for me?

Because you underestimate how well done the Secret of the World is done. If you figured out something in regards to the world and the chronological aspect of it, congrats, but that's merely the backbone of the show.
Nov 17, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2012
I want to fuck a mind broken Rin so bad someone give me your blessings
Nov 17, 2013 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
planetarian said:

Dude... dafuq?
o.O
Nov 17, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
Seano299 said:
planetarian said:

Dude... dafuq?
o.O

planetarian's a titan
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 17, 2013 10:52 AM
Jun 2013
Funya-Usagi said:
Seano299 said:
planetarian said:

Dude... dafuq?
o.O

planetarian's a titan

Then Planetarian's Riki ?
Nov 17, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
What?
Nov 17, 2013 12:09 PM
Feb 2013
After careful consideration, i honestly believe this show is gone way beyond being redeemable. If there was more time sure, but there isnt, clearly its just a rush job because they promised it to use last season.

Would have been better for everyone to just nix the LB! ex! episodes and add those 4 onto the back of the 13 refrain episodes. It would have given them more leeway to do things right.

I mean lets be honest, the only good ex route is saya's.
Nov 17, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2008
Poor Riki not having Reading Steiner ability is suffering
Nov 17, 2013 1:11 PM

Oct 2011
Speculations

Nov 17, 2013 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
I hate Kyousuke so much...

Good luck Riki, you gonna need it. 3/5.
Nov 17, 2013 1:39 PM
Feb 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Speculations

this line of thinking is pretty decent though i wont confirm or deny which parts are decent and which are not :p
Nov 17, 2013 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't understand shit. Also, why is everyone acting like a jerk, except for Rin and Riki?
Nov 17, 2013 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
Mormegil said:
I didn't understand shit. Also, why is everyone acting like a jerk, except for Rin and Riki?

Secret of the World brah. It'll solve all of your problems once it's inevitably revealed.
Nov 17, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
I don't get the story anymore. So far I understand that this is another route of the game but I don't like stuff like that. It confused me on Yosuga no Sora as well c.c
Nov 17, 2013 4:08 PM

Oct 2009
I have no clue what's going on anymore.
Nov 17, 2013 5:57 PM

May 2012
J.c. staff is doing a good job because everyone is confused.
Nov 17, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
planetarian said:
J.c. staff is doing a good job because everyone is confused.

Well I'm getting confused just by reading the last page.
Nov 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
So Riki forgot about what happened before refrain.
Riki and Rin playing catch was cute.

Depressed Kyousuke,is depressing.

A game they can all play together,baseball.Ofc,just like Kyousuke.

Masato leaving too?

Also was sad to see all the places the other girls were usually at empty.

For some reason I lol'd at this fall
http://i.minus.com/i8Qjq0Yif6SKX.gif

Masato episode next.So many Masato avatars here,something good better happen next episode.
Nov 17, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
Speculations

As a fellow non-VN race, my short addition would be : think in a bigger picture.
Nov 17, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2012
Not much to say about this episode.

btw, what's the name of the ost playing when Rin and Riki are playing catch? It's so freaking good.
Nov 17, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:
So Riki forgot about what happened before refrain.
Riki and Rin playing catch was cute.

Depressed Kyousuke,is depressing.

A game they can all play together,baseball.Ofc,just like Kyousuke.

Masato leaving too?

Also was sad to see all the places the other girls were usually at empty.

For some reason I lol'd at this fall
http://i.minus.com/i8Qjq0Yif6SKX.gif

Masato episode next.So many Masato avatars here,something good better happen next episode.
The fall looked like riki was snailing
Nov 17, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
SuperImpact said:
Not much to say about this episode.

btw, what's the name of the ost playing when Rin and Riki are playing catch? It's so freaking good.

Clear Weather After The Rain (Instrumental)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TQL-jHgHY
Nov 18, 2013 1:27 AM

Sep 2012
I guess the end of the last episode was considered a bad end and thus the whole thing was restarted again? And May 13th is the day when Kyousuke is supposed to be back? (not sure if it was ever mentioned earlier in the anime?) This time a lot of things look weird and out of place though. I guess with Kyousuke and Rin totally passive, and all the other girls gone, a lot of things are expected to go wrong.

I guess Refrain is thus about Riki getting the core members (as I heard that the side characters like Kud and Kurugaya will not show up at least until the end) back into the Little Busters one by one? In terms of how difficulty, I would say Masato should be the easiest (relatively). Perhaps Riki will start with Masato first in the next episode?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 5:02 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I love how they are portraying Masato right now.

I mean he looks so serious and he just is awesome.

Episode seemed a bit wonky though... but enjoyable only because Masato
Nov 18, 2013 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
symbv said:
I guess the end of the last episode was considered a bad end and thus the whole thing was restarted again? And May 13th is the day when Kyousuke is supposed to be back? (not sure if it was ever mentioned earlier in the anime?) This time a lot of things look weird and out of place though. I guess with Kyousuke and Rin totally passive, and all the other girls gone, a lot of things are expected to go wrong.

I guess Refrain is thus about Riki getting the core members (as I heard that the side characters like Kud and Kurugaya will not show up at least until the end) back into the Little Busters one by one? In terms of how difficulty, I would say Masato should be the easiest (relatively). Perhaps Riki will start with Masato first in the next episode?

That doesn't seem like a very epic story XD. Riki just gathering members of a baseball team again.
Nov 18, 2013 7:58 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I love how you can tell who has played the VN and who hasn't in this thread xD
Nov 18, 2013 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
I guess the end of the last episode was considered a bad end and thus the whole thing was restarted again? And May 13th is the day when Kyousuke is supposed to be back? (not sure if it was ever mentioned earlier in the anime?)

I'm pretty sure May 13th was shown in the first episode of the first season. The date is kind of missable I guess since it's been so long and less noticeable. The VN on the other hand slaps it to your face every time you replay the game so it's easier to notice.
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Nov 18, 2013 9:08 AM
Jun 2013
Not going to say anything about your theories. But, yeah, the first episode of the previous season took place at May 13th too. It was shown when Masato got out of the bedroom.
Nov 18, 2013 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
its was not a bad episode, i have not really fullloved it but not hated it as well, really excited for the next episode
Nov 18, 2013 2:22 PM
Sep 2013
Draakisback said:
After careful consideration, i honestly believe this show is gone way beyond being redeemable. If there was more time sure, but there isnt, clearly its just a rush job because they promised it to use last season.

Would have been better for everyone to just nix the LB! ex! episodes and add those 4 onto the back of the 13 refrain episodes. It would have given them more leeway to do things right.

LOLed at "only good ex route is Saya's". This is only your opinion. Not a consensus. So as your opinion on Refrain anime.
Nov 18, 2013 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
JimRaynor said:
Draakisback said:

LOLed at "only good ex route is Saya's". This is only your opinion. Not a consensus. So as your opinion on Refrain anime.

Well, my intention is not to defend Draakisback, but people need to realize that everything that is posted in the forum is just an opinion. Nobody is an expert in the subject, so we all must learn that every post made is just what they think only. They don´t need to add an "IMO" or "I think" in every sentence they wrote. Obviously there will always be people who thinks that their view is a fact and say things like "I´m being objectively here" but even when they try to stop looking at the things with their tastes always there will be different "objective opinions" that will remind you that every one is no more than that. People really cares too much about what other think.
New on Myanimelist.
Nov 18, 2013 6:44 PM

Aug 2011
So rushed... And they even changed the characters who gave ideas and said important things =/

In the middle of the episode I was thinking - how will they fill the whole anime if they are moving at such a pace. Then came the preview and I realized it was already the 7th episode out of 13. Now I'm wondering how they could possibly fit it all into 5 episodes?

I actually found this part interesting and important in the VN, so leaving stuff out (like comedy, or simply the character development process) wasn't very good for the story. Also, tried thinking from an anime-only perspective, and the truth doesn't seem all that obvious for now. There were hints before, but at least this episode didn't go further than the VN did with revelations (I found it also too quick at telling the truth rather than keeping up the suspense).

Liked the Masato scenes - really, he has probably become my favourite character of the series (besides Kyosuke, of course). Kengo was rushed, Rin was rushed, Riki was rushed. Kyosuke's scenes were changed quite a bit. Overall, I can't say they did an amazing job at this part of the story. Obviously it could have been done better, but once again, from an anime-only view it didn't lack anything.
Nov 18, 2013 7:40 PM

Jan 2012
Either I have a short attention span or this story line is really confusing. I don't know really why Kyousuke is so emo, or why Rin is suddenly so withdrawn, or why everyone is being weird. And what happened to all the moe loli girls, did they disappear? So confuuused.
Nov 18, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
Thanks everyone for answering my question about May 13th.

One more question: So in this reset of the world even Komari is gone? I am still trying to figure out why Komari stayed till the end in the last arc (Rin's route?) even though all the girls disappeared in the middle of it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 10:07 PM

Nov 2010
julyan04 said:
Odd pacing all over the place. I didn't like this episode compare to others this season. I don't know...

Maybe you have to read the VN to get whats happening here but idk wtf was going on.
Hokuto_no_FuzzNov 18, 2013 11:37 PM
Nov 19, 2013 1:16 AM

Nov 2012
hope the best for riki and rin..
really miss the girls....
and kyousuke :"
its so sad seeing him like this :/
Nov 19, 2013 5:46 AM

Apr 2012
JimRaynor said:
Draakisback said:

Yo Jim! Yopparai Kud from THAT forum is here :D

Yeah, I agree with what Jim said. I BAWLED in both Kanata and Sasami's route but only I little in Saya's. Don't try to represent us, Draak lol
inuvivoNov 19, 2013 5:52 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Nov 19, 2013 5:54 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
symbv said:

One more question: So in this reset of the world even Komari is gone? I am still trying to figure out why Komari stayed till the end in the last arc (Rin's route?) even though all the girls disappeared in the middle of it.

I believe it was the idea of moral support for Rin. They had a better relationship in the VN, with Rin knowing she had a friend to support her.
Nov 19, 2013 8:00 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this episode.
Refrain just started,shit just got real.
Nov 19, 2013 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Zelot said:
symbv said:

I believe it was the idea of moral support for Rin. They had a better relationship in the VN, with Rin knowing she had a friend to support her.

>They had a better relationship in the VN, with Rin knowing she had a friend to support her.

I hope you're missing a "than" before "in the VN". Komari and Rin's relationship, and Rin's growth and her journey that was supposed to be comparable to Riki's from completing each heroine route seemed tossed to the side by Maeda.
The scene in the VN that the Komari and Rin relationship in the anime didn't even have any impact for me, but after watching the anime, they've really set in that Komari and Rin are best friends, so I'm excited to see the climax of Refrain with the changes.

I think the anime relationship feels more intimate actually seeing Komari and Rin interact more, so maybe it's just me, but replaying the scene in Refrain a while ago gained impact from me watching the anime.
Vladz0rNov 19, 2013 9:02 AM
Nov 19, 2013 12:26 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
Zelot said:
symbv said:

>They had a better relationship in the VN, with Rin knowing she had a friend to support her.

I hope you're missing a "than" before "in the VN". Komari and Rin's relationship, and Rin's growth and her journey that was supposed to be comparable to Riki's from completing each heroine route seemed tossed to the side by Maeda.
The scene in the VN that the Komari and Rin relationship in the anime didn't even have any impact for me, but after watching the anime, they've really set in that Komari and Rin are best friends, so I'm excited to see the climax of Refrain with the changes.

I think the anime relationship feels more intimate actually seeing Komari and Rin interact more, so maybe it's just me, but replaying the scene in Refrain a while ago gained impact from me watching the anime.

My bad, I did leave a "Than" out. Thanks for the catch!
Nov 19, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
Okay :D
People say I missed the Komari and Rin relationship from the VN, and I'll be honest and say I did, but I still think the anime is doing a much better job at making it prevalent.
Nov 19, 2013 12:54 PM
Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
People say I missed the Komari and Rin relationship from the VN, and I'll be honest and say I did, but I still think the anime is doing a much better job at making it prevalent.

Well, nor Komari nor any other girl shown herself during Rin route in the VN. They just had a few scenes together in the common route. So, yeah, I agree, on this aspect, JC Staff did very well.
Nov 19, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:

People as in me right? Also I like Komari in the anime.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Nov 19, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2009
shcboomer said:
Vladz0r said:

Same here. 8|
Nov 19, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
MagicFlier said:
shcboomer said:
Vladz0r said:

Same here. 8|
i just hate it when she makes that "slow and steady voice" which makes me wanna hang myself
Nov 20, 2013 1:48 AM

Sep 2012
epic_joelle said:
MagicFlier said:
shcboomer said:
Vladz0r said:

Same here. 8|
i just hate it when she makes that "slow and steady voice" which makes me wanna hang myself

Anime-viewers' comments vs Komari's voice is fun to watch though.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.