Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 6, 2013 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
Woah, I never knew Sakura was a girl until this episode, they kept saying "she". I guess I never noticed it before or something =/
My favorite moved from Asahina to Kirigiri (but not solely from her behavior this episode, it was gradual).
I know the real reason Naegi didn't tell Kirigiri about the agent was because he wanted to kill everyone, and how can he do that if somebody knows everything he does? Yep, I'm convinced.
The pictures sure are interesting, though, nice to see an image of them enjoying their time.
Waiting for the 16th, I wonder about the pacing. . but I really have no clue.

Sep 14, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
The apparent suicide.
Sep 14, 2013 7:33 PM
Sep 2013
This series is throwing me for a loop. This is insane. Can't wait to see how the trial goes. Though the picture that was shown is interesting. I'm starting to feel rushed while watching now. I can't imagine how even more rushed it feels for those who have played the game.
Sep 16, 2013 5:13 PM

Jun 2011
Valentinetwin said:
zakkun89 said:

Anyway,a lot of serious drama stuffs happe............

Exactly my reaction.

This ruined her character for me. Never to include random romance hints at where it should not be. Once again, this producer/author need to know why/how/when human blushes. I hate how this show handles it's characters. MC annoys me, that swimming chick too, and now this kinpatsu shoujo.. The only character I don't dislike is the heir to a cooperation company (Togami was it?), and to a lesser extent, the genocide(?).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 20, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
Wow... For some reason, I didn't expect the "getting-cliched" closed-room murder case which it should be expected.

DenjaX said:
so they are basically on a Big Brother show.

isolated from the outside, full of cameras and monokuma as the big brother. that makes more sense now.

LOL.

Sep 20, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
oh wow, i wanted to at least see Sakura go all out like a boss,
instead she commits suicide,
Y LIFE,
dangan will never let me fall in love with a character,,,,
Sep 28, 2013 4:49 AM

May 2013
i have to say togami acted like a total shit head. he does take emotions too lightly. is he a pyschopath?
kirigiri said something " i must have been around corpses beofre", added with what the fat guy said and the pictures, they must have met before this school happened.

i believe hagakure is culprit
Oct 2, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
Sakura Super Saiyan? Pretty nice development in this episode, didn't thought she'd be killed that fast, let's see who the culprit is this time!
Oct 12, 2013 6:22 AM
May 2012
Oh Kirigiri <3 you are so cute :3 I'm always happy to see those pictures of them it looks like they're having some fun ^_^

Poor Sakura :/ well looks like things will get very interesting I'm getting more excited :3
Oct 19, 2013 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
Poor Sakura, investigation starts again.
Oh Kirigiri why are you so cute, please don't die.
Dec 8, 2013 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, the classic closed door murder huh? Interesting, these are usually the most interesting of the murder mysteries! Erika likes them the best too! =D

From what I see, it is possible that the muscle girl did not die right away, so she could have moved the couch to block to door. But I don't think so because there would be no reasoning for it.

I am making a guess and saying that the muscle girl's best friend is the culprit. This in my opinion is possible if muscle girl and brown hair girl are working together and muscle girl died for the sake of saving brown hair girl.

It looks to me that the cause of death might not have been a blunt weapon but poison. This would explain why she coughed up blood. But we have to wait for the official autopsy first. It is possible that she was poisoned so she could be left vulnerable to be finished off by a blunt weapon as well.

Though I can't really tell how the murder was committed with the evidence so far D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 26, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
SanzuNoKawa said:
Next episode: prepare your feels.

Hahaha Well, I'm definitely ready! (not)
Apr 29, 2014 2:09 AM
Oct 2013
Every time someone gets mad in this anime I think they're about to turn super sayain lol. It kind of troubles me that Naegi would put the laptop in the room he got knocked out in. If there was someone in there when he was there more than likely they will return and find it. I think Sakura poisoned herself because there were unknown bottles at the crime scene and the door was jammed from the inside. She could've gotten dizzy from the poison, hit her head and passed out on the chair.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the only other person who knew about the poison was her best friend. That alone makes her a suspect. If thats the case it still doesn't explain how the door was jammed from the inside. Maybe another hidden door?
Light502Apr 29, 2014 2:17 AM
May 29, 2014 9:18 PM

Feb 2013
Jun 16, 2014 3:41 AM

Jun 2013
When I played this game in psp...
Jun 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
NOOOOO Sakuraaa!! :(((( I loved her so much! ugh
And Togami is getting on my nerves I hope somebody kills him and his side bae (Fukawa or whatever her ass hat name is) already. Fuck them, emotionless jerks.
Ugh I was really hoping that Celes and Sakura wouldn't die, so we could have some decent people at the end, but now we're left with an idiot (Mr. Crystal Balls), 2 selfish and annoying jerks, 2 great protagonists (Kirigiri is my new girl-crush ugh), and an acceptable side character(Asahina).
I'm almost afraid to see how the rest of this plays out now.
Jun 27, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
RafaelDeJongh said:
Sakura Super Saiyan?

I thought the same! HAHAHA!! :')
Jul 7, 2014 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
Kinda surprising for Sakura to die. I wanted her to kill Togami and the other Genocider piece of shit before she died, but well... Too bad.
Jul 12, 2014 5:49 AM

Aug 2013
Sakura :(

If Togami doesn't die by the end of this show I'm going to be mad.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 4, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm that was alittle bit unexpected but oh well.
Aug 26, 2014 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
Damn! I thought Sakura-chan was going to turn super saiyan! But then she stopped. When Kirigiri blushed, HHHHNNNNGGGG! Good episode. For sure I thought the swim girl was going to die. Probably next episode or the glass ball guy. Somehow I think it was the swim girl who mustered Sakura-chan. I just get the feeling. I don't like the OP but I do like the ED!
Oct 30, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Asahina... I think she'll have a major breakdown soon.
Apr 27, 2015 6:50 PM

Nov 2014
Asahina is the best, she's so cute! Poor thing, she lost her best friend now...they had such a cute friendship too. :( She better survive in the end.

However, I wonder who killed Sakura though, I mean the door was locked and the way she was dead just looked so chill...maybe she ended up killing herself after everything that went on with her in this episode and how some of them were turning against her. Since they were saying they need to "look out for her."
May 1, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
"Just add 'lol' and it will automatically become positive"

Good man.
Dec 13, 2015 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
Convenient that internet wire in that drawer, no?

-.-"
Mar 10, 2016 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. I have an idea who the killer is though.
Mar 13, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
The bar told on Sakura lol. Didn't see that coming.

She went super saiyan lol. She really did look like an ugly Goku lol.

I wonder who killed her though.

The AI wants to help out, awww.
Apr 26, 2016 5:28 AM

Jun 2013
The sexiest girl in the series was finally murdered :( But she's smiling, I have a suspect

I'm guessing they were all classmates at one point or something then they have amnesia now?
臭い-
Jul 3, 2016 4:55 PM

Aug 2014
it could be better
it would be better if mono didnt reveal the true

i have hard time how to rate this...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 2, 2016 5:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Difficult this time!!! The normal, is was a accident,and die slowly, and the second option, the people to discover the body and know more, yes, her best friend!!!
Dec 9, 2016 12:38 AM

Aug 2012
In the game, you're actually giving an option to tell Kyoko about Sakura being the mole. I selected that option without hesitation and Makoto decided I was being stupid and gave me the options again. I tried to click it a few more times, maybe there was some secret amount I had to play to get it through his head but nope. Instead I had to deal with a pissy Kirigiri (which was almost completely ignored here). That was the frustrating moment of the game for me, don't tease me with player input if you're just going to flat-out ignore it.

Tangent aside, this was okay-ish. A little wonky at points, mainly because I don't think the anime did a very good job of establishing the relationship between Asahina & Sakura but still, looking forward to the next episode. If they manage to get it right, it could be something special.
Feb 8, 2017 7:24 AM
Aug 2014
So Asahina killed her right. Afterwards she locked herself in.

Surely the only reason that the mastermind would expose his own mole is because she is not cooperative any more?
Sep 19, 2017 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
That's one pantsu I did not need to see.
The worst despair induced incident?
Dat Asahina booty.
Sakura is the agent.
Dat slap.
lol at Touko.
Oh snap! Genocider Syo is back.
Oh shit! Sakura is powering up.
Kyouko so cute admitting her feelings.
lol at Monokuma seeing the light.
Sakura is dead.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2017 12:04 AM

Sep 2011
lol Sakura becoming SSJ. She can be really scary.

I love a good locked room mystery.
May 16, 2018 9:57 PM
Jul 2018

Anyway,a lot of serious drama stuffs happe............

[/quote]pl

Me
Mar 16, 2019 6:42 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, I actually liked that muscly chick :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 13, 2019 4:13 PM

Oct 2017
Sakura is dead... :(
I think that Togami is killer
Jul 26, 2019 5:54 AM

May 2016
This case I can't find anyone beside genocyde to be the killer on the other hand she only kills Shonen, I wonder what he meant when he said he is gonna settle things.

destonyDbaby said:
Why did I feel like sakura had a manly death when they found her dead body ? weird haha.
Because thats a refrence from one of best animes in whole history don't wanna spoil this on you hope you cann watch that show yourself.
Apr 26, 2020 6:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sakura was stupid so I don't care
Jul 29, 2020 4:32 AM
Apr 2020
sakura, my girl ): poor aoi san
guess the trial will be next episode then, kind of excited

also.. LOL monokuma using slang!!!
hi
Aug 13, 2020 11:24 AM
Dec 2017
I haven't seen the end, but what kind of bullshit is this story. This anime is overrated!

#1) How can you have a murder mystery when the 5 out of 7 participants are guilty of lying?

#2) In the game, the Rich "Heir" dude drank the poison out of the exact same bottle that poisoned Sakura drank. Shouldn't the Rich dude be dead the moment he tastes it.

#3) How did the Rich "Heir"dude get away with stealing evidence from the crime scene "poison bottle"; and how did the girl get away with adding the health drink on top of the glass after they broke in when everyone was watching?

#4) Why are the characters so amazingly stupid? Believing they killed Sakura when there is obvious evidence that they were not the murderers...
Dec 3, 2020 5:32 AM

Jul 2020
No way dude... How is that even possible?? I mean look at Sakura she is soooo big, she is giant. How is it possible for someone to kill her?? How?
Sep 11, 2023 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
So it's either Asahina or Yasuhiro. Main dude and main girl would not kill and the other two would be too obvious. My bet is on Asahina.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.