Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 13, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2010
Nice to see the cast back.

Illya's moe as ever.

So weird to see Rin in Mahou Shoujo form LOL.

Those loli fanservice.

Well, pretty good. Top class animation. Had a lot of laughs too.

Overall, it was enjoyable for the fact that the FSN characters are the one that is present. Can't wait for more.

ILLYA'S JUST TOO MOEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!
Jul 13, 2013 5:11 PM
Mar 2012
Not too sure if I will really enjoy this series. I understand it is a spin off of the Fate series... but I guess we will see how it goes. Ruby is already getting on my nerves when it comes to the personality. So glad to see Rin-chan though. Looks like the classes will be summoned through cards and that will just have to be an element to get use to. Wasn't to captured by the first episode but I am interested to see if it will get better.
Jul 13, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2010
you cant go wrong with Rin on board :v

oooooon the other hand, the art clash with everything else 'Fate' til now is waaaay too much D:
Jul 13, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
Ruby is like Kohaku: loves to troll. Not a wonder they have the same seiyuu.

I can't imagine if a Carnival Phantasm sequel is done if Kohaku and Ruby meet. The biggest troll duo ever.

Liked it, gonna continue watching it. Plus the opening song is quite good.

Jul 13, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2011
I was really disappointed in this show, expected alot more.
I did not enjoy the character animation at all... Got a really bad feeling overall.
Too bad, had high hopes for this one.
Jul 13, 2013 7:38 PM

Nov 2012
Nice loli fanservice.But dropped,wasn't bad,I just have better shows I could be watching.
Jul 14, 2013 5:00 AM

Jan 2012
I'm glad I didn't watch the webrip as this was amazingly well animated. It was sickly cute and stuffed full of loli though. I was kinda enjoying it, then the wands started talking, "I'm the magical stick of love and justice" ( ¬‿¬)
Jul 14, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2010
Magical Loli Ilya.....
Jul 14, 2013 3:05 PM
Jul 2013
Read the manga of this, the animation is surprisingly good for what I had expected and while I do have a rough idea of whats going on I do look forward to how it's going to change. Shame Kuro won't be appearing in this season though :(
Jul 14, 2013 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
That stick is annoying. Great art and somewhat entertaining. Was not expecting this at all. Still, Illya is there so I will watch it until the end. Hoping for a stick-death ending.
Jul 14, 2013 10:59 PM

Jan 2012
my greatest nightmare has arrived!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 15, 2013 2:19 AM

Jul 2007
Slixer said:
Read the manga of this, the animation is surprisingly good for what I had expected and while I do have a rough idea of whats going on I do look forward to how it's going to change. Shame Kuro won't be appearing in this season though :(

Betting on Kuro as cliffhanger for this season ending though.
Jul 15, 2013 4:42 AM

Mar 2013
Watched it and it was as bad as I was expecting....

Jul 15, 2013 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I really like the character design.

So far this seems only mildly interesting, but hopefully we'll see more of the characters and what's going on.

Jul 16, 2013 4:08 AM
Jun 2013
"Sausage curls!" - what a great insult lol. Feels like forever since I watched Fate/stay night so it's kinda nostalgic seeing everyone again (even if they don't look exactly the same). Nothing I'd see myself being very obsessed with, but overall it's pretty good.
Jul 17, 2013 8:50 AM

Dec 2008
DEM TROLL STICKS! Oh god. The part where Ruby zaps Rin was f*cking hilarious. How anyone can dislike this is beyond me. The art isn't even bothersome.
Jul 17, 2013 11:04 AM

Sep 2011
sarroush said:
How anyone can dislike this is beyond me.

people that are loliphobes and/or people that blindly assume this is just moe trash
Brigs77Jul 17, 2013 11:16 AM
Jul 17, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2007
Brigandi said:
sarroush said:
How anyone can dislike this is beyond me.

people that are loliphobes and/or people that blindly assume this is just moe trash

While in reality this is more like Gurren Lagann to Madoka's Evangelion.
Jul 17, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2007
I don't like cutesy magical girl stuff, but I'll make an exception for you Ilya, even with the weird character designs. That wand really needs to stfu though.

With the episode limit I guess we wont be seeing

insan3soldiern said:
Also, it's probably because of the seiyuu's age, but I noticed returning characters like Rin, Shirou, and Ilya sound different now. Still, I'm pretty sure they are the same voice actors.
Really? I was just playing the VN earlier and they all sounded the same to me...
Jul 18, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2009
I didnt really want to watch this show. But, now its too late. I think I am addicted.
Jul 19, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad, Iliya is there so... but this show look's like a cardcaptor sakura meet Nanhoa.
Jul 19, 2013 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Is.. Is.. Luvia? Saber? Nooo what have you done to Saber? :(
And lol yeah this is too girly, I wonder how I'll be able to watch it. Watching it only because of Fate/Stay Night, and Saber.
And Rin is funny, also Ku Ku Ku(the sound Ruby makes when talking to Rin) reminds me of... I wonder if anyone knows from where tho'. (has 2 seasons that anime)
I don't think that this anime needs fan service but I don't mind these:

And also in the ED we can see who the second mage will be. :) Well I don't know what to think, anyways I will follow it.
Jul 19, 2013 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
Too kawaii! My heart! It hurts! My medical bills are going to be skyrocketing every week from now on :3
Jul 20, 2013 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
ao_no_exo said:
And lol yeah this is too girly, I wonder how I'll be able to watch it. Watching it only because of Fate/Stay Night, and Saber.

No.

Luvia is Luvia.

Luviagelita Edelfelt is a canon character and Rin's rival in Mage Association, their relationship here is pretty much one-to-one identical to the canon one.

Some of Post-FSN futures of some routes promise a lot of hijinks between her, Rin and Shirou.

Don't expect too much out of this version's Saber, since
Jul 20, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
ao_no_exo said:

No.

Luvia is Luvia.

Luviagelita Edelfelt is a canon character and Rin's rival in Mage Association, their relationship here is pretty much one-to-one identical to the canon one.

Some of Post-FSN futures of some routes promise a lot of hijinks between her, Rin and Shirou.

Don't expect too much out of this version's Saber, since

First of all thank you for clarifying the Luvia x Saber part.
Second: aww, I want to see Saber. But yeah what you said in the spoilers makes sense, I already saw the next episode so I know what it is about. Dam'.

Thanks again :).
Jul 20, 2013 12:50 PM

Mar 2009
Loli si Justice!
Jul 20, 2013 8:59 PM

Feb 2008
This would have been better without the lolicon fanservice.
Jul 21, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2009
jacobpaige said:
This would have been better without the lolicon fanservice.

Every time someone posts something like this in a mahou shoujo series a kitten dies somewhere.
Jul 21, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2007
ao_no_exo said:

First of all thank you for clarifying the Luvia x Saber part.
Second: aww, I want to see Saber. But yeah what you said in the spoilers makes sense, I already saw the next episode so I know what it is about. Dam'.

Thanks again :).

alter versions of servants technically are the lesser part of what it is about. They are there simply for "equipment" to be used by the lead characters. The main plot thing is
Jul 22, 2013 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Wat the actual wat did I watch? ._.

The magical stick looks like it's going to be super annoying
I preferred the original character designs.

I wonder if I should finish the Fate/ series before watching this. If anyone wants to help, I've seen F/Z and F/SN anime and read the first 2 routes of F/SN
I think that is enough for the first season of F/KPL.

F/HA would be needed for the second season onward.But that's just references.Well not that many have read it anyway.Still at 97,6%.....

With FZ and at least UBW and Fate you have everything you need to know for now.
And you will probably finish HF before this ends.
Jul 22, 2013 6:20 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
Wat the actual wat did I watch? ._.

The magical stick looks like it's going to be super annoying
I preferred the original character designs.

I wonder if I should finish the Fate/ series before watching this. If anyone wants to help, I've seen F/Z and F/SN anime and read the first 2 routes of F/SN
I think that is enough for the first season of F/KPL.

F/HA would be needed for the second season onward.But that's just references.Well not that many have read it anyway.Still at 97,6%.....

With FZ and at least UBW and Fate you have everything you need to know for now.
And you will probably finish HF before this ends.

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering since someone said the blonde girl is one of Tohsaka's acquaintances from the Magic Association.

Basically,she is from FHA but except from the "one of Tohsaka's acquaintances from the Magic Association" you dont need to know anything else.
Jul 23, 2013 2:03 AM

Jun 2008
It's interesting to say the least.
Jul 23, 2013 6:49 AM

Feb 2010
Everyone became so moe.
Well at least it had few good moments
Jul 26, 2013 7:43 PM

Oct 2012
Wow everything so are different.. Art, situation, well at least there's no murder
Ilya still cute as always :)
And Rin still Tsundere as always xD

That talking stick lol, just annoying
My expression:
"Signature removed"
Aug 1, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
More trite than I thought it would be. The walk-in shower gag in episode 1 already? Really??

I'm surprised Irisviel isn't her mom though. Is she an original character or is it her other servant from F/SN?

I'm just glad to have Rin back, really.
And this too. Though they could tone back the tsundere.
Aug 2, 2013 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
Blfrvfrv said:
More trite than I thought it would be. The walk-in shower gag in episode 1 already? Really??

I'm surprised Irisviel isn't her mom though. Is she an original character or is it her other servant from F/SN?

That's not Irisviel. That's one of her maids.

Aug 2, 2013 3:31 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Blfrvfrv said:

That's not Irisviel. That's one of her maids.

Aug 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
I must admit its nice seeing Illya have her own series,
especially after that horrible after taste from Unlimited BladeWorks.

mmmm aside from that, i love the art style,
and MY LAWD, ILLYAS OLDER SISTER IS FAKN HAWT.
kimmochiiii (´∀`)♡
Aug 4, 2013 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
zombiepika said:

kimmochiiii (´∀`)♡

THey are her maids.
Aug 13, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2011
This is... sort of awesome!? Illya just got even more adorable and it is so great to see Rin again. And although I liked it teasing about Illya's crush and suddenly flashing Shirou LOL, that stick is pretty annoying.
Aug 20, 2013 9:01 AM
Aug 2010
Well this is not my kind of show at all but I was hoping to at least get to finally see Kiritsugu and Irisviel as a happy family before I drop it; do those two show up at all?

Is it just me or does those two stick sound and act an awful lot like Hisui and Kohaku from Tsukihime? Joke version Kohaku of course, as the serious and tragic Kohaku from the original VN is apparently now dead. I'm pretty sure its the same voice actresses too.

And why does Illya sound so weird sometimes, like she's trying to be TOO loli. This show is ruining my image of her as an evil sadistic little loli, stop it.

zombiepika said:

kimmochiiii (´∀`)♡

Seriously doubt they're her true older sisters, especially considering how Stella refers to her parents. Then there's the fact that Stella is about as old as Irsviel, physically at least, as she's no older than 10 years old. Then again, she may not be a homunculus in this universe so she might be as old as she looks.

Also, "kimochi?" Do looking at them give you some great physical pleasure? You some kind of pervert? Or are you one of those who likes to use random Japanese words without knowing their real meaning?
BobjonesAug 20, 2013 9:09 AM
Aug 20, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
Bobjones said:
Also, "kimochi?" Do looking at them give you some great physical pleasure? You some kind of pervert? Or are you one of those who likes to use random Japanese words without knowing their real meaning?

funny hearing that from a guy who said Gunvarrel from Robotic Notes was inspired by Gurren Lagann...
Aug 20, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
Bobjones said:
Well this is not my kind of show at all but I was hoping to at least get to finally see Kiritsugu and Irisviel as a happy family before I drop it; do those two show up at all?

Is it just me or does those two stick sound and act an awful lot like Hisui and Kohaku from Tsukihime? Joke version Kohaku of course, as the serious and tragic Kohaku from the original VN is apparently now dead. I'm pretty sure its the same voice actresses too.

And why does Illya sound so weird sometimes, like she's trying to be TOO loli. This show is ruining my image of her as an evil sadistic little loli, stop it.

zombiepika said:

kimmochiiii (´∀`)♡

Seriously doubt they're her true older sisters, especially considering how Stella refers to her parents. Then there's the fact that Stella is about as old as Irsviel, physically at least, as she's no older than 10 years old. Then again, she may not be a homunculus in this universe so she might be as old as she looks.

Yes they do.Now drop the anti mahou shoujo act.You dont impress anyone.

No shit .I thought that Kohaku was all fun and rainbows....And yes they are the same voice actresses as in Carnival Phantasm and Melty Blood.

Of course she does try to be TOO loli she is STILL in elementary school.She isnt older than 12 years old.She isnt 18+ as in FSN.And if you understood anything about Fate/ you would know that she isnt an "evil sadistic little loli" at heart.

Does spouting crap in every anime thread(Free,here,other random thread) make you feel good?Who cares if he used a japanese word about something that he likes.As if you can talk about others with your list.
ssjokgAug 20, 2013 11:13 AM
Aug 29, 2013 8:44 AM
Dec 2012
It disappointed me. I am just not into magical girl now. I hoped that Type moon would do something again with the servants. (or it is my memory that's bad) I dropped it. It felt like watching ecchi btw
Aug 29, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
VocaloidxAnime said:
It disappointed me. I am just not into magical girl now. I hoped that Type moon would do something again with the servants. (or it is my memory that's bad) I dropped it. It felt like watching ecchi btw

How is this not about Servants?

^
Why are you watching a magical girl show when you arent into it?

It had ecchi.Just like Fate/Stay Night did.
Aug 29, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2007
VocaloidxAnime said:

1. How is this not about servants?
2. you DO realize that original FSN vn had entire sex scenes, right?
Aug 29, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
VocaloidxAnime said:

1. How is this not about servants?
2. you DO realize that original FSN vn had entire sex scenes, right?
You dont even need the visual novel as an example.

Anime:
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.