Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 14, 2016 3:12 PM

Sep 2015
I kind of liked this episode and I don't particularly like the Prince story line so I was surprised. I don't know I just think they were onto something here, by using that absurd premise of the Prince wanting to marry Tamako to tell a story about saying goodbye to someone. And not in that boring or cliche of a way either. Most of the episode was about the other characters freaking out that Tamako is supposedly leaving, and shows their reactions and eventual acceptance of it. I don't know what point the show was trying to make with all that, but I think it somewhat effectively conveyed Tamako's frustration that no one seemed to care enough about her to fight to see her stay even Midori and Mochizo after having their little meltdown.

But if that stuff worked for me it was at the cost of any cohesion the show had left. The whole Prince plotline has swiftly worn on me because it's been so sloppily implemented throughout the whole series. And now that it's time for it to become the main plot, the handling is just as clumsy. Choi is no longer anything but a character the keep that plot and conflict alive. Everyone in the Arcade so quickly accepting this is what is going to happen to Tamako is bizarre and I think unwittingly makes them look sort of terrible. I don't always agree with the ideologies and moralizing in anime but this one is particularly bad. It seems the finale is going to be about this too, which is too bad I think this plot was kind of a failed attempt and they'd be better off moving on from it and doing another SoL episode.

Maybe the finale will change my mind, but this near the end I feel that Tamako was a frequently cute and funny series that was mishandled in a few places and was a little too ambitious for it's own good. And sadly the ending seems to be showing that even more after some strong episodes in the middle. To end things positively though, I really liked Anko and Tamako's scene together that was adorable.
Aug 31, 2016 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah, this isn't working for me at all. I like Dera and Choi as characters, but as far as the plot goes it is far too underdeveloped for this episode to work for me, to the stage where I think that this series would have greatly benefited from completely dropping Dera, Choi and all of the Island stuff altogether. Though what really irked me about this episode was just how accepting the whole shopping center was of this development and in particular her father, best friends and Mochizo/Midori. They've known Choi for what, a couple of weeks? and Dera a few months at best (who is a god damn talking bird), I mean suspension of disbelief and all that, but this has clearly crossed a line here. Her neighbours talk about Tamako's happiness and yet they think that sending her to some strange land, to get married to some strange "prince" they've only been told about by some girl they barely is how she'll get it? Tamako's tiny outburst was completely expected and honestly refreshing, but it never should have came to that in the first place. I was half expecting her father to just completely lose it and call out the neighbours on how ridiculous they were acting, though all we got was his half-hearted defiance before being easily convinced.

I'm not buying it, what a mess.
Oct 31, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Noooo....... I don't want tamako to go..... and the prince shows up in the end..... .what a climax
Feb 12, 2017 3:55 PM

May 2015
So the PRince came, if you know what i mean. :P
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 24, 2017 4:23 PM

Feb 2015
Was good up 'till now, but this episode just flat out pissed me off.

Seriously, fuck choi and that so-called prince with his shitty way of speaking.

Now, why is everyone so calm about this? This is a random guy and girl who you didn't choose or ask anything from butting staight into your life and saying you're about to get married to a total stranger.
I mean come on relatives, be at least upset about it. Roast the guy, put the trash where it belongs and kick Choi out of your fucking house as she's nothing but trouble anyway.

There were some funny moments(angry tamako, kanna being kanna...), but overall this episode just brushed me the wrong way. Here's hoping the ending doesn't trigger me.
Dec 10, 2017 5:18 PM

Jan 2014
Lol the ending. The suspense. I'm guessing the movie will be her childhood friend trying to get her back.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 30, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
What the hell was going on during the 2nd half? It's like the first half never happened. Tamako clearly told Choi that she probably has got the wrong person and pretty much implied that she isn't interested in marrying the prince guy. And all of that happened right in front everyone during Dera's "video call". So why were everyone still assuming that Tamako wants to marry him?

And holy shit, after bothering to look up who the redhead that shows up sometimes in Mochzou's house is, turns out, she's supposed to be his mom. All these years I thought she was some part timer working at their store, or at the most his older sister.

In what way does she look like a mother of a 17 year old teenager? Did she get pregnant when she was in high school?

But Tamako trying to shout and whisper at the same time is still pretty cute, no matter how many times I watch it.
Nov 29, 2018 6:04 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta wonder why everyone's acting like Tamako might actually leave. There's no chance of her suddenly hopping to become a princess.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 29, 2018 7:38 PM

Jul 2016
It was an OK episode for me... I don't know, I didn't like the fact that everyone but Dera believe Tamako will actually leave without even asking her opinion. It all just felt very rushed.

But that aside, I must say that seeing her throwing a tantrum was rather adorable.
Mar 16, 2019 3:22 PM
Apr 2016
Oh my, poor Ooji, he feels so bad... Tamako was getting mad that no one is trying to stop her, haha. The ending though, damn, the Prince came.
Mar 21, 2019 8:29 PM

Feb 2012
So we get to see Dera leaving before the start of the series. Absolutely hilarious that the Prince doesn't recognise Dera at first because of how fat he's gotten.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 30, 2019 3:16 PM

Dec 2014
5/5 So many cute scenes!

I feel bad for midori, mochizou and mamedai, i don't want some guy from some country stealing our precious tamako

that tamako tantrum and sisters sleeping together scene <3

May 31, 2020 12:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its somehow the saddest part, and really feels bad for all the people in that community market. And wtf with that prince out of nowhere and act like a hero for my lovely girl, Tomako?! I can't believe that!

Moeness into the max when Tomako in megane mode. Even shiori loses her shines when compared to the Tomake. So kawaii! >,<

So the last episode, when Tamako go and discord?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 26, 2020 9:22 PM

Aug 2019
wow ok that was interesting.
I'm really surprised everyone automatically went "yep she's 100% the princess no questions off you go" maybe except from Mochizou and Midori but they are a different case. They never actually asked the big question to tamako, which was "how do you feel about this, will you accept it?" but i guess thats the running gag with this anime, everyone just kinda goes with what happens no matter how weird it is.
Lmao that ending, Mochizou's gonna ready to punch the guy in the throat and prove whos more dominant.
Jun 18, 2021 3:54 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, Tamako was really cute this episode! Getting all excited for her medal, stomping the ground being annoyed that everyone is treating it as if she's leaving. And when Anko asked if they could sleep together, that was really cute. Koala lol

But seriously, why are they just accepting this? Tamako has said again and again that she doesn't think she's a princess and she's showing no signs of accepting it. Why is everybody assuming she's definitely going to accept? I find that a bit weird at best, inconsiderate at worst. Mochizou said the right thing at the meeting when he said that Tamako has feelings of her own, but in the end he seems to believe that Tamako's going to marry the prince too??

Didn't expect the Prince to arrive though. And look at those bodyguards behind him lol
Aug 11, 2022 5:54 AM

Feb 2017
It's unsettling that everyone in the center would be so innocently excited about the prince bride thing when (if this were real life) it sounds like a human trafficking scam.

Even in the most optimistic scenario, it'd be about status and power, not love.
Aug 11, 2022 6:03 AM

Feb 2017
Aemnesias said:
Was good up 'till now, but this episode just flat out pissed me off.

Seriously, fuck choi and that so-called prince with his shitty way of speaking.

Now, why is everyone so calm about this? This is a random guy and girl who you didn't choose or ask anything from butting staight into your life and saying you're about to get married to a total stranger.
I mean come on relatives, be at least upset about it. Roast the guy, put the trash where it belongs and kick Choi out of your fucking house as she's nothing but trouble anyway.

There were some funny moments(angry tamako, kanna being kanna...), but overall this episode just brushed me the wrong way. Here's hoping the ending doesn't trigger me.

My feelings exactly. It's beyond rude and the neighbor's and her father make me upset. This was his moment to be a responsible parent and he failed at it. They want to take his daughter (In a potential human trafficking situation) and he just let them pressure her.
Oct 13, 2022 11:04 PM

Jul 2019
Tamako throws the cutest tantrums.

I hope she stays. With Mochizou or Midori, it doesnt' matter.
Dec 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Apr 2016
I hope Tamako turns down this so called PRINCE :triumph:
Jan 3, 2023 1:36 AM

Jul 2022
JAJAJJAJAJA Encima llega el príncipe xDDDD

Apr 20, 2023 8:27 AM

Oct 2018
WTF is Choi doing. Suddenly appear out of nowhere and take a woman who is loved by someone else.
I feel bad for Mochizou
Jul 14, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2022
Tamako don’t leave !

I think Tamako should just be honest and say that she likes the life of being in the market rather than being sent with some prince guy. I’m disappointed on how the town thinks they should be okay with this and doesn’t even question anything
AniStrawberryJul 14, 2023 10:59 AM
Sep 23, 2023 10:54 AM

May 2015
Tamako was very cute in glasses!

I love how she is way happier about the medal, because of course, a sudden prince out of nowhere is too abstract of a concept to even seriously consider. Besides, the reasons for making Tamako into a bride are quite lame. And how about asking her about her own feelings, right?

Sep 28, 2023 1:58 AM
Aug 2023
It was really great watch not much else to say
Jan 4, 4:44 PM

Dec 2022
This episode was different for some reason, each character embracing the unknown by saying that they're at the edge of space was nice.
Apr 27, 1:04 PM

Jun 2017
the whole thing aside from the birdie and choi's perspective felt so weird and out of place.Everybody seems to be in bed with the idea that Tamako is bounded by red string of fate and needs to be wedded off to a prince of a supernatural far away kingdom
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

366 by sorrowsanimelist »»
May 24, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

225 by bakakisima »»
Apr 28, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

132 by katakumplat »»
Dec 31, 2023 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.