Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 12, 2013 1:09 AM

Aug 2008
Holy shit. I'm intrigued as to what happens to Kud next as much as I'm about those other 2 guys seemingly disappearing. That means I'm very much interested, which means I'm entertained quite alot.
Mar 12, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2013
What a marvelous episode ^^
There was a lot of feels and the mood has been set pretty well.

By the way, did you guys pay attention to the voicing? As someone already mentioned, Kud's voice acting was kinda cheap this time. She did much better in the VN. I wonder what's wrong with the seiyu.
HOWEVER, did you notice how awesome Komari's voice acting was? She doesn't have many lines in this episode but those few were really emotional. I did get the feeling she's improved a lot compared to her VN role (which doesn't mean she was bad or anything) but now I have definite proof of it.

Foreshadowing and hinting were well done, changes in the route were managed pretty well.
Thumbs up, J.C. Staff.
Mar 12, 2013 5:27 PM

Feb 2013
Naoki-Saten said:
What a marvelous episode ^^
There was a lot of feels and the mood has been set pretty well.

By the way, did you guys pay attention to the voicing? As someone already mentioned, Kud's voice acting was kinda cheap this time. She did much better in the VN. I wonder what's wrong with the seiyu.
HOWEVER, did you notice how awesome Komari's voice acting was? She doesn't have many lines in this episode but those few were really emotional. I did get the feeling she's improved a lot compared to her VN role (which doesn't mean she was bad or anything) but now I have definite proof of it.

Foreshadowing and hinting were well done, changes in the route were managed pretty well.
Thumbs up, J.C. Staff.

I agree Kud's voice acting felt toned down, also Komari's voice was much more interesting. I also liked Rin's voice acting and the development of Rin this episode. Really that foreshadowing for Rin. o.0
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 14, 2013 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
I have been sacrificing goats all week hoping the little doggie girl will die horribly next week, but probably won't happen. Sad really, but I hate everyone of these characters and wish this show would just somehow disappear. It's some of the most asinine, emotionally overcooked melodrama I have ever seen. I would like to see it end with all the characters taking a super melodramatic suicide pact which they all decide to have a competition for the most painful death ever.
Mar 14, 2013 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
... too bad they didn't include any romance. I guess asking them to show Kud's awesome confession was a simply too much.

Still, the farewell scene was pretty well done. Especially kud's last line - 'Proshaite'
Every time she speaks russian, it feels like the words are touching my heart directly. Is it just me?
Mar 14, 2013 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
... too bad they didn't include any romance. I guess asking them to show Kud's awesome confession was a simply too much.

Still, the farewell scene was pretty well done. Especially kud's last line - 'Proshaite'
Every time she speaks russian, it feels like the words are touching my heart directly. Is it just me?

Indeed it's a shame there's no romance and Kud's route. I just hope they're saving some for my Kurugaya (we already know Rin's getting some ><)

I thought that Kud's last line was pretty nice, as she remains proud of her heritage as she travels back home. What was so special about the phrase though?
Vladz0rMar 14, 2013 3:10 PM
Mar 14, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Vladz0r said:
Naoki-Saten said:

Indeed it's a shame there's no romance and Kud's route. I just hope they're saving some for my Kurugaya (we already know Rin's getting some ><)

I thought that Kud's last line was pretty nice, as she remains proud of her heritage as she travels back home. What was so special about the phrase though?

There actually wasn't anything special about it per se.
It was pretty much what the subs said: Proshaite = Farewell. The word you use when you don't expect to see the people ever again.

So maybe it's really just me after all. Seems like using Russian has a special effect on me since it's something like my second native language.
Well, at the same time I kinda get goosebumps if they misspronounce some words or names ^^
Mar 14, 2013 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
Naoki-Saten said:

If I recall in the VN there was also that chair custom thing too. It was just a good luck charm, I don't believe there was much else to it. Also as people said above, it's all just for her background and such.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 14, 2013 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
shcboomer said:
Vladz0r said:
Naoki-Saten said:

If I recall in the VN there was also that chair custom thing too. It was just a good luck charm, I don't believe there was much else to it. Also as people said above, it's all just for her background and such.

Mmm. I hope they keep some more of her canon dialogue from the VN. Next episode is my final high expectation for the adaptation for season 1 of Little Busters. They've already set up plenty of backstory, and even referenced the Secret of the World with Kud, so I'm hoping they'll continue to deliver with more Secret hints and keep the symbolic references and dialogue
next episode.
Mar 14, 2013 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
shcboomer said:
Vladz0r said:
Naoki-Saten said:

Mmm. I hope they keep some more of her canon dialogue from the VN. Next episode is my final high expectation for the adaptation for season 1 of Little Busters. They've already set up plenty of backstory, and even referenced the Secret of the World with Kud, so I'm hoping they'll continue to deliver with more Secret hints and keep the symbolic references and dialogue
next episode.

I agree if there is one episode that makes or breaks this season, the next one could definitely be it. The dialogue will be important, I want to see a Mio-esque scene too since it'll be animated. The preview made it look pretty good though.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 14, 2013 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
Sadly, I don't know anything about that chair custom. However...
I guess I'll take this opportunity to explain Kud's little 'curse'/good luck charm: ni puha ni pera

ni puha ni pera - neither fluff nor feather

how it's really used:
It's a good luck charm, somewhat comparable to the english 'break a leg!'.
A custom among hunters. While sending a hunter off, you tell him "ni puha ni pera" - "neither fluff nor feather", basically wishing for him to catch neither mammals nor birds - pretty much wishing him to fail his hunt.
Now the hunter must reply with "k chertu!" - "to hell with that!" (literally: "to the devil") and the good luck charm is complete. Answering with something along the lines of "thank you" would destroy the good luck charm and bring misfortune.
It's used on various occasions. For example, my parents send me off with that line on days where I have important tests

If you wish to do some more research on it, go ahead. There are some good explanations on the internet. Most of them involve a 'curse of bad eye'. Basically, it means that wishing good things directly was believed to bring bad luck.

how KEY uses it:
Now the interesting part: Little Busters uses a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT interpretation of that line. I don't know where the heck they got it from but it goes as follows:
(It might be used and/or explained in the next episode, so if you want to hear it in the anime first, skip this spoiler for now.)

By the way, did I already tell how much I appreciate Futaki's role as Kud's roommate? She did her job quite well in the VN. I'm looking forward to observe the same in the Anime (hopefully).
Mar 14, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
Naoki-Saten said:
Sadly, I don't know anything about that chair custom. However...
I guess I'll take this opportunity to explain Kud's little 'curse'/good luck charm: ni puha ni pera

ni puha ni pera - neither fluff nor feather

how it's really used:
It's a good luck charm, somewhat comparable to the english 'break a leg!'.
A custom among hunters. While sending a hunter off, you tell him "ni puha ni pera" - "neither fluff nor feather", basically wishing for him to catch neither mammals nor birds - pretty much wishing him to fail his hunt.
Now the hunter must reply with "k chertu!" - "to hell with that!" (literally: "to the devil") and the good luck charm is complete. Answering with something along the lines of "thank you" would destroy the good luck charm and bring misfortune.
It's used on various occasions. For example, my parents send me off with that line on days where I have important tests

If you wish to do some more research on it, go ahead. There are some good explanations on the internet. Most of them involve a 'curse of bad eye'. Basically, it means that wishing good things directly was believed to bring bad luck.

how KEY uses it:
Now the interesting part: Little Busters uses a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT interpretation of that line. I don't know where the heck they got it from but it goes as follows:
(It might be used and/or explained in the next episode, so if you want to hear it in the anime first, skip this spoiler for now.)

By the way, did I already tell how much I appreciate Futaki's role as Kud's roommate? She did her job quite well in the VN. I'm looking forward to observe the same in the Anime (hopefully).

I see, that explanation clears quite a bit up. I also agree with the epicness of having Futaki as her roommate, so many good scenes come from it. The anime seemed to show a bit of it as well in the episode with her talking to Kud and being there during the infirmary scene. It's interesting how the anime can portray Futaki in such a better light, well unless you played her route in the VN.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 14, 2013 10:26 PM

May 2010
Where were haruka & mio??
Mar 14, 2013 11:19 PM

Feb 2013
ahmed_great2005 said:
Where were haruka & mio??

Don't worry about it, they'll be back. The next few episodes will still have them since it will be common route again after the next episode.

Short answer:
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 15, 2013 10:39 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was some really bad example of audio and music editing to the point it destoyed some scenes for me.

From story point of view it was good - literally whole episode was full of foreshadowing.

And I don't really get that thing with her mother. How could it be her dogtag when that flight took place in 1957? She shouldn't be THAT old, right?
Mar 15, 2013 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
Mich666 said:
This episode was some really bad example of audio and music editing to the point it destoyed some scenes for me.

From story point of view it was good - literally whole episode was full of foreshadowing.

And I don't really get that thing with her mother. How could it be her dogtag when that flight took place in 1957? She shouldn't be THAT old, right?

- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 15, 2013 11:32 AM

Oct 2012
zakkun89 said:
Funya-Usagi said:

suginami's appearance. (YAY HANAKANA)

wat,she's voiced by Kana Hanazawa !? ALL IS FORGIVEN !

Aika/Akane/Mayuri heaven! :)
Too bad she has only one episode role in LB.

shcboomer said:

Mich666Mar 15, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 15, 2013 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
Mich666 said:
zakkun89 said:
Funya-Usagi said:

suginami's appearance. (YAY HANAKANA)

wat,she's voiced by Kana Hanazawa !? ALL IS FORGIVEN !

Aika/Akane/Mayuri heaven! :)
Too bad she has only one episode role in LB.

shcboomer said:

- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 15, 2013 12:58 PM

Oct 2012
shcboomer said:

Refrain spoiler:
Mar 15, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2010
Wow! Too bad I watched this episode that late - so much of foreshadowing and hints! Haven't expected that in the anime. Especially Kud talking to Kyousuke.
Episode was alright, though why are everybody running away so much? This time we had Kud twice and Riki chasing after Rin, but I feel like this is happening every single episode ;) Since I'm not big fan of Kud's arc, I can't wait for last two episodes! And after that second season, of course.

RyanSaotome said:
zakkun89 said:

Whoa, that would have so much bigger impact, if that was the cause.
Mar 15, 2013 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
Mich666 said:
shcboomer said:

Refrain spoiler:

- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 15, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
Mich666 said:

There might be a much simpler reason. When Kud received bad news, in the VN, it was also shortly before the class trip.
However, they don't have any obligation to preserve such a minor detail...
Mar 15, 2013 5:21 PM

Oct 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
There might be a much simpler reason. When Kud received bad news, in the VN, it was also shortly before the class trip.

You are right, it was shortly before it, I just replayed end of her route to confirm it. But I think that detail was very important because, you know:
Mar 15, 2013 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
where is mio where is mio????

this ep was sad.. :"(

Mar 15, 2013 9:06 PM

Feb 2013
Mich666 said:
Naoki-Saten said:

You are right, it was shortly before it, I just replayed end of her route to confirm it. But I think that detail was very important because, you know:

Yep that is 100% correct, glad to see someone else pointed it out.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 16, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2011
D-Dat preview... Looks like shit will hit the fan in the next episode.
I also heard that Little Busters! won't end with 26 episodes, I wonder if they're going for another season or DVD-specials/BD-specials. I really like the adaptation after my initial hating. But it looks like the best part(s) is(/are) still to come!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 16, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:
I also heard that Little Busters! won't end with 26 episodes, I wonder if they're going for another season or DVD-specials/BD-specials. I really like the adaptation after my initial hating. But it looks like the best part(s) is(/are) still to come!

Another season.
Mar 16, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
MasterMeNL said:

Another season.

Seems like the only way.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 29, 2013 10:06 PM
Dec 2012
AHAHA
I LOLED so hard at Masato's crying face when Kud was leaving XD
He was the only guy to cry XD
Nice moment there
Mar 29, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
Wulf5 said:
AHAHA
Nice moment there

His face was funny but I had some good feels from it too xD
Apr 6, 2013 8:18 AM

Sep 2010
Wow! Simply amazing, I would have never expected something like a rocket explosion including a family member of a character in any form of Japanese entertainment. The way it was executed was simply fantastic, and I don't even know how it was in the VN.
At the start of the series I didn't really know which direction it was going, and I still don't exactly know. I find that really interesting because I like mystery stuff. I found it somewhat weird that some characters were missing when seeing Kud off.
Either way, this show can't almost be ruined anymore. It's absolutely raised to a 10 out of 10 now.
ObinderuApr 6, 2013 8:21 AM
Apr 7, 2013 5:32 AM

Oct 2012
Vladz0r said:
Wulf5 said:
AHAHA
Nice moment there

His face was funny but I had some good feels from it too xD

I'm holding my tears, then laughing because of that
Never ceased to amuse me

Maybe, their school trip will be there
"Signature removed"
Apr 21, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2012
Vladz0r said:
The writing and scene placement, especially with Kyousuke and Kud, and Riki and Kud during the second half of the episode was excellent.
They're building up Kud's story very well to wrap up her route next episode.
Feels will be expected next week.
And I teared up when Masato did

was waiting for someone to point this out, seeing him tear up did it for me ;_;
May 12, 2013 9:10 AM

May 2012
Kud :'( Some great backstory on her and well she left Japan, so I wonder what she'll find at her destination! Really great episode, a sad one but a wonderful one! Lets see what's next! ~Wafu!
May 30, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
I knew it!
I'm going to put it in the spoiler if some people didn't realise it already.
Ultimate theory about everything so far incoming,
LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Damn, this episode was so intense due to the things above. It both gave me a pretty bad feeling and a surge of excitement :S
Oh, and I really don't wanna see Kud in the situation from the preview :(
RazielZeroJul 14, 2013 12:58 PM
Jun 13, 2013 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
Another emotional episode.
Really liked it, though I wasn't that affected by it.
Jul 2, 2013 1:42 PM

Dec 2009
You definitely can tell something is going on in the background. Kyousuke, the field trip papers, the wierd screen flashes of papers, people, and fire. Something is going down.
Jul 18, 2013 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
oh God no... :(
this arc finally start

I cant seeing that face of kud :(
looks like it is getting serious now..

I hope the mother is safe.. Please God.. give me a happy ending...
and.. about the end.. wait.. is Kud said "goodbye" in russian? oh no... it is not happen right?!
Jul 26, 2013 4:38 PM
Jul 2010
Kyousuke's talk with Kud, the field trip papers disappearing, the unanswered phone calls... What the heck just happened? Yeah, I'm not a VN reader, I'm simply watching the anime and I'm trying to understand what's going on here. Not sure I'll be able to handle a second season to, I hope, get all the answers; until now, this anime has been boring half of the time...
Jan 20, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

This episode has kidnapped me just enough to make me shed a few tears, the plot is not so irritating and forced to make even the narration is quite good. I hope you do not overdo it in the next episode, since the promo portends a trip to Kuu-chan is not just the best, even the chains ... Well!
Drawings and animations sufficient.
Kudo is my favorite character, I wonder who that new character appeared for a moment near Riki! * _ *
Apr 16, 2014 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
No more Kud? It can't be :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 12, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Wait there's more to Kud's arc!?! I thought it just ended!
Sep 24, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
I really wanna know what she said in russian at the very end! Damnit!

Anyway, I really thought that tag was a soldier tag, but it was one of her many treasures from her mom.

Her story is quite sad. She's just not made to be an astronaut, but she feel she would deceive her mom... Poor Wafuu T.T

THe next episode look like Wafuu-chan is in a shitty situation. Why is she all bruised and why is she chained (if it's her that is chained).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 13, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
Alright, I had some tears starting to develop this episode.

Woah, what's with those visions Riki had? Also Mio and Haruka didn't pick up their phones. The girl at 13:20 sounded a lot like Mio. Way too much. Mio and Haruka also weren't there to see Kud go. What's happening?! Where are they!? I hope Kud comes back. I really do. This is what I want! Emotions! This is the key I like! Make me cry!

Also anyone suspicious about Kyousuke? I feel like he's the one putting those notes on the cats for Rin and Riki to accomplish.
Jan 11, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2010
good episode...a bit stretched at some points
I hope Kud will keep her promise and return :) and that she will arrive there in one piece, lol

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 25, 2016 5:27 AM
Feb 2009
here we go next ep gonna be big
Jan 3, 2017 8:45 PM

Sep 2015
I'm worried for Kud but glad she decided to follow her feelings.
Jul 13, 2017 2:10 AM

Dec 2013
It was definitely better that she went back home.
Jul 18, 2017 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
Good bye Kud, make sure you come back, Wafu.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
So much drama next episode, I don't like where this is going. I rather have more Little Busters SoL.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.