Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 25, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2011
Kud so kawaii moe.
Nov 25, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
Good episode, the animation improved as already marked.
And Kud's roommate ended up being Kanata.
Nov 25, 2012 10:51 AM

May 2010
WAFUU, Kud reminded me of Fuuko-chan so much this week :D And they are taking their time with anime. I wonder if next episode will be all about helping in the kitchen/some backstory of original LB?
Yuiko scene was a WIN of this episode, she's much cuter than in the game, imo. And, to be honest, I prefer new Mio's seiyuu, I didn't like her original voice that much, it made her route annoying for me as hell. Maybe I'll like it better now?

Yumekichi11 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Kud's a Russian.
That's why I love her. Slavic and I am Polish which makes me Slavic and part of her race! HA! :3

That makes us two :)
I'm even learning russian, kinda funny language ;)
Anyway - FASTER!
Nov 25, 2012 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to see this as some shitty slice-of-life show with drama that doesn't hit and rather failed moe attempts. This was an enjoyable watch, but I've completely changed the way I watch this throughout the episodes so far. I guess I reached the definite way to watch this show now.

Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
RyanSaotome said:

I'll just leave this here.

JC Staff is playing with our minds. D:

This.

You can't be sure.

I thought the animation sucked but they're even using old scenes without changing them at all.
Why JC why? This could've been such a success if they weren't such cheapskates.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 25, 2012 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
*dies from cuteness overload* Kud, stop being so cute. I'm dying.

Still not sure why so many people hate Kanata. But then again, I haven't played through
route, so I might not be able to judge her yet.

Mio's new voice is nice, I haven't played the VN in forever, but it didn't sound much different from what I remember.

I keep on loving Kurugaya more and more each episode. Her reaction to being asked to be Kud's roomate was great. So great.

In the VN, can't you pick Mio to be Kud's roomate? I feel like when I played, I chose Mio to be her roomate, but it's been so long since I've played it that my memory is pretty fuzzy.

Ah, anyway, this was a good episode. Looking forward to next week~

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Nov 25, 2012 12:28 PM

Jan 2010
MasterMeNL said:

Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
RyanSaotome said:

I'll just leave this here.

JC Staff is playing with our minds. D:

This.

You can't be sure.

I thought the animation sucked but they're even using old scenes without changing them at all.

Oh, hahaha. You just don't know, man... It's something only the VN players and people who know the whole story would understand. Don't write it off as bad animation just yet.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Nov 25, 2012 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
MasterMeNL said:

Like what -KamioRika- said, only us VN players who got his post and it's not what you think.
TennoujiNov 25, 2012 12:40 PM

Nov 25, 2012 1:09 PM

Jul 2012
I think I'm the only anime-only watcher who actually likes this.
Nov 25, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2011
you hate everyone
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 25, 2012 1:23 PM

Jun 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
MasterMeNL said:

Like what -KamioRika- said, only us VN players who got his post and it's not what you think.

I don't think it is what the VN players are thinking. Mainly because

As bad as this sounds, I think it's just JC Staff being lazy. This really pisses me the fuck off. Just imagine how good this show would be if Kyoto Animation were doing it.

"...I realized that other companies could make anime adaptions of our visual novels." - CEO of Key

So he goes and picks the worst fucking one to do it.. Christ...
Nov 25, 2012 1:24 PM

Jul 2011
ihateeveryone said:

I don't think so. There are more anime-only watchers liking this (I'm just replying to one of those people in my profile right now).

But then, can't blame those who don't like it now. Even something so well-directed like Clannad wasn't so excepcional in the first episodes; Little Busters has a problem of amateurish direction. Homever, is not so terrible as some people say, and got better this episode.

Most of the reason why I like this is because of my affection for the original source and characters. I'm sure I would like it less if I didn't have played the VN.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Nov 25, 2012 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:
ihateeveryone said:

I don't think so. There are more anime-only watchers liking this (I'm just replying to one of those people in my profile right now).

But then, can't blame those who don't like it now. Even something so well-directed like Clannad wasn't so excepcional in the first episodes; Little Busters has a problem of amateurish direction. Homever, is not so terrible as some people say, and got better this episode.

There aren't many. The biggest problem of the show right now is that JC Staff is terrible at what they do, so it's not as good as it could be. It would be like the first few episodes of Clannad right now if Kyoto Animation were doing it, except there's more comedy while Clannad's first few episodes were more drama with Fuko.

Comparing Clannad to Little Busters and Little Busters anime to the visual novel, it's bad. I just want to see Refrain animated already....
Nov 25, 2012 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
Sa-chan_ said:
MasterMeNL said:

As bad as this sounds, I think it's just JC Staff being lazy. This really pisses me the fuck off. Just imagine how good this show would be if Kyoto Animation were doing it.

"...I realized that other companies could make anime adaptions of our visual novels." - CEO of Key

I never said anything that

Nov 25, 2012 1:29 PM

Jul 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
Sa-chan_ said:
MasterMeNL said:

Ok, that would be just another lazy move from JC Staff, but... Is it really worth of rage? A reuse of a two-three seconds shot?

Come on, there are worst things regarding the animation out there. I was way more pissed with things like the CG marbles.

Nov 25, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2012
Sa-chan_ said:

No idea what you're saying. On a side note... you're never offline on here, are you? =P

Yumekichi11 said:
You would be surprised at how crazy people are for Kud TBH. On a lot of aspects but yeah there is something of Kud and light. The innocence emphasization.

I bolded the words "Noumi's feet" because THAT was what I was asking about. The light added to the picture, but I was asking how her feet did, and if OP had a fetish for them. I'm not surprised at all since Kud is one of my favorite characters (pretty much the top of them all). It depends on my mood. Sometimes it's Kud, sometimes Komari and sometimes Rin.

Mary_Vanucchi said:
Ok, that would be just another lazy move from JC Staff, but... Is it really worth of rage? A reuse of a two-three seconds shot?

Come on, there are worst things regarding the animation out there. I was way more pissed with things like the CG marbles.

The rage is directed at a LOT more than the shot. I don't care much for the shot at all. It's the awkward music placement, the fact that every frame in the series looks like it was drawn back in the 1980s, the sloppy facial expressions they have (look at... I forget, it's either leon-gun or sleepingentity, look at their profile picture of Riki) and just... it could be so much better but they won't make it better because they lack the skill. They've said in interviews they loved the VN and wanted to do it justice but these people are a perfect case of the demotivator on failure (When your best just isn't good enough).

I feel like they took a shit on Masato too when they played the song from his "route" Little Melody when Komari got cured/healed/mentally-fixed by Riki.
Malus92Nov 25, 2012 1:34 PM
Nov 25, 2012 1:35 PM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
Sa-chan_ said:

No idea what you're saying. On a side note... you're never offline on here, are you? =P

What am I trying to say from that person who thinks it's just a reused scene is, only us VN players who can understand the meaning of that screenshot. Since he's not a VN player, normally he will only think JC Staff being lazy. But for us, we may think of it as

Nov 25, 2012 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
What am I trying to say from that person who thinks it's just a reused scene is, only us VN players who can understand the meaning of that screenshot. Since he's not a VN player, normally he will only think JC Staff being lazy. But for us, we may think of it as

Ah, I see. Well like I said, there are reasons it really probably isn't
. I mean it is JC Staff and they could do that, but it would screw up too many things that have happened. Just think about the episode we've seen so far and how shitty their animation was. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it be a reused shot.

On another side note, you speak Japanese right? Or can at least read it?
Nov 25, 2012 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:

I can barely speak and understand Japanese but I can't read shit Japanese text.

Nov 25, 2012 1:46 PM

Jun 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
ClannadIsLove said:

I can barely speak and understand Japanese but I can't read shit Japanese text.

I remember you saying you were going to get Perfect Edition when it came out and I was just thinking "fuck that guy, he's gonna get the game and play it while we wait for a translation..."
Nov 25, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2011
ClannadIsLove said:

The rage is directed at a LOT more than the shot. I don't care much for the shot at all. It's the awkward music placement, the fact that every frame in the series looks like it was drawn back in the 1980s, the sloppy facial expressions they have (look at... I forget, it's either leon-gun or sleepingentity, look at their profile picture of Riki) and just... it could be so much better but they won't make it better because they lack the skill. They've said in interviews they loved the VN and wanted to do it justice but these people are a perfect case of the demotivator on failure (When your best just isn't good enough).

I feel like they took a shit on Masato too when they played the song from his "route" Little Melody when Komari got cured/healed/mentally-fixed by Riki.

Hm, I understand that - though I still like the art style when is done with a little more budget (like we saw in episodes 05, 06 and 08 - 07 wasn't so good). As I said, is a big problem of direction - and also, the low budget JC got from Warner (after all, Sakurasou looks better than LB!). The BGM is one of the worst problems (I refuse to talk about the song use in Komari' arc ending, before I get pissed about that again.) but I feel like is getting better as the series progress.

And even if they are dedicated for this work, huge talent and budget for a difficult adaptation like Little Busters won't come from day to night. They can't do too much about this.

Nov 25, 2012 1:57 PM

Jun 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Hm, I understand that - though I still like the art style when is done with a little more budget (like we saw in episodes 05, 06 and 08 - 07 wasn't so good). As I said, is a big problem of direction - and also, the low budget JC got from Warner (after all, Sakurasou looks better than LB!). The BGM is one of the worst problems (I refuse to talk about the song use in Komari' arc ending, before I get pissed about that again.) but I feel like is getting better as the series progress.

And even if they are dedicated for this work, huge talent and budget for a difficult adaptation like Little Busters won't come from day to night. They can't do too much about this.

Eh, I think of just how good they'd all look if Kyoto Animation did it and I just can't like the art. All I can do is watch this show every weekend after work, drool at the thought of Refrain being animated (hopefully they don't screw that up), and pray that Kyoto Animation makes an adaption in a few years. I don't think any of their animation was good in any episode.

By the way, where is the quote "Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle." from?
Nov 25, 2012 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:

I remember you saying you were going to get Perfect Edition when it came out and I was just thinking "fuck that guy, he's gonna get the game and play it while we wait for a translation..."

I don't need the translation because it's still all the same from the previous versions but probably with new content or something. Though yeah I played the EX paths without waiting the English patch but still I managed to understand their stories except Kanata's because I'm good at reading their atmospheres.

Mary_Vanucchi said:

I don't think so. I bet JC Staff INTENTIONALLY do that for us VN players. Most likely, teasing.

Nov 25, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
ClannadIsLove said:
Yumekichi11 said:
You would be surprised at how crazy people are for Kud TBH. On a lot of aspects but yeah there is something of Kud and light. The innocence emphasization.

I bolded the words "Noumi's feet" because THAT was what I was asking about. The light added to the picture, but I was asking how her feet did, and if OP had a fetish for them. I'm not surprised at all since Kud is one of my favorite characters (pretty much the top of them all). It depends on my mood. Sometimes it's Kud, sometimes Komari and sometimes Rin.
I tend to stick to Noumi a lot and my mood depends more towards Komari, her voice is still sometimes you know, I don't know but it just not as pleasant as other times.

As for the rest, I see your point.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 25, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
This was such a good episode. Kud is so adorable >//< The animation was a lot smoother in this episode too.

Is it just me, or has EVERY SINGLE ANIME THIS SEASON gone through at least one episode with bad animation/art?
Nov 25, 2012 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
Wafuu, waffles
My heart is naive as toilet paper xD
Nice episode
Nov 25, 2012 2:17 PM

Aug 2011
as much as i understand your hate for jc staff (i hate them too).
theres no use in worrying about things like animation,direction, music placement now. after 8 episodes it's been a problem every episode if you're expecting top tier work (which is a a completely justifiable expectation). the best thing for us to do is to see this as a jc staff anime. lower your expectations.... alot, it kills me to do this, but it's not and never will be what it deserves.

when this pv came out, everyone was complaining about how the art looked bad and knew instantly it wasn't kyoani ... and jc made the art even worse LOL.. its like they're taking a huge shit on us.
Funya-UsagiNov 25, 2012 2:26 PM
Nov 25, 2012 2:26 PM

Jul 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Eh, I think of just how good they'd all look if Kyoto Animation did it and I just can't like the art. All I can do is watch this show every weekend after work, drool at the thought of Refrain being animated (hopefully they don't screw that up), and pray that Kyoto Animation makes an adaption in a few years. I don't think any of their animation was good in any episode.

By the way, where is the quote "Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle." from?

My hopes are that Refrain will get another season with a different director. There are some good guys at JC Staff like Tatsuyuki Nagai who would do a better job.
(and yeah, now that they slowed down the plot I'm more certain that Refrain will be done in another season.)

Ah, this quote is from "My Song", from Angel Beats! soundtrack. Easily one of my favorite anime quotes, since it perfectly sums up Angel Beats! theme in a single line. :D

Nov 25, 2012 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
d'awww, Kudryavka is so cute. :D
Nov 25, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2011
on the same note
Nov 25, 2012 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
Well, I'm an anime-only watcher who is currently enjoying this. I don't mind the animation. Of course, I would have preferred if PA Works or KyoAni got Little Busters, but we got JC Staff so we may as well make the best of it.
Nov 25, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Intro of my fave character complete! I have my moe needs recharged enough for a few life times.
First thing I notices was that the art was dramatically better than last ep! :D
It was awesome they included the jump scene but how much more epic would it be if Rin flew in a completely different direction? haha
Kud running after the frisbee completely took me by suprise + the wafuu=hnngh worthy
Enjoying the whole group interactions a lot. That didn't happen too much in the vn.
"friends.." Oh gawd, shows how much I'm going to miss my friends next year. T.T
Masato + Kud interactions is a definite win! Commando Masato made me fall off my chair. XD
I liked it how they manage to ask everyone about the roommate business. Though I do miss kurugaya's quote, "Can I do her?" :P
Approaching light!!!!!! ERMAGERD!!! As beautiful as always
I surprisingly accepted Mio's new voice quite well. It might be because I finished the vn ages ago.
Those sunsets...it really does make the whole art a lot better.
Diving into Futaki's personality in comparison with her icy exterior explored last ep and half of this ep was nice, especially with her ost.

Nothing special in this ep but very light hearted and warming. I love watching the bonds between everyone keep growing.
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Nov 25, 2012 3:53 PM

Oct 2009
...HNNNNNNG Kud-chan kawaii!

I have no idea where that came from.
Nov 25, 2012 4:10 PM

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:

I'm an anime only watcher and i enjoy it.
Nov 25, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2012
lol I remember when the first PV came out, everyone was worried about the animation. They even said the animation will improve, and then came the still frames , and then came ep 7. Hopefully things will pick up seeing as we are getting decent episode directors now. And its safe to say Refrain will get its own season hopefully with a director who knows what they are doing.
Nov 25, 2012 4:46 PM

Dec 2009

I liked this episode.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 25, 2012 4:53 PM

Aug 2011
man the images look pretty good when posted as a med sized image. then i go and play it in full screen and the video quality looks 480p.
Nov 25, 2012 4:53 PM

Sep 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

I'm an anime only watcher and i enjoy it.

We've already gone through this in the episode 6 discussion thread, or was it 5?
but it's always amusing to hear people still say this
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Nov 25, 2012 4:55 PM

Sep 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Full thoughts on the episode spoiler free

Great review man, i really enjoyed reading it :)
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Nov 25, 2012 4:55 PM

Aug 2011
i feel like theres like 10 anime only viewers at most LOL.

oh yea "girls at 4 pm" made the episode. they should play that bgm alot more
Nov 25, 2012 4:57 PM

Apr 2010
Big Wafu~ for this episode. I really like Kud and I'm happy she got in the same room of Kanata, so we can see them together sometimes.
Kurogaya was funny with her reactions.
Nov 25, 2012 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
Why is there STILL JC bashing? I thought this episode was animated well...
Nov 25, 2012 10:48 PM

Aug 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Why is there STILL JC bashing? I thought this episode was animated well...

because JC haters are loud and find any excuses to blame JC
Nov 25, 2012 11:03 PM
Jun 2011
wafu i love kud she was very funny i am anime only watcher and i enjoy it
Nov 26, 2012 1:33 AM

Jan 2012
i got a hunch that she was only after the "patrol" dogs.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 26, 2012 3:02 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode indeed. There are some episode that I enjoyed, but there are others I didn't. So I'd say that my enjoyment on LB! is inconsistent.
Nov 26, 2012 5:27 AM
Jul 2011
blubberflub said:
i feel like theres like 10 anime only viewers at most LOL.

oh yea "girls at 4 pm" made the episode. they should play that bgm alot more

i'm one of them XD

and i'm really enjoying lb!

I hope lb! will be better then clannad

if it's not Better then clannad

then it's will be the second best anime of key's works
Nov 26, 2012 7:16 AM

Jun 2010
Another boring one.
Nov 26, 2012 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
Kud is so moe that my brain almost exploded....and I love it!
Nov 26, 2012 10:14 AM
Nov 2012
deathxempress said:
Another boring one.

your comment is more boring than this episode.
Nov 26, 2012 12:41 PM

Oct 2009
noumi :3 !!

she is better guy than i thought

great ep ^^

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.