Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 11, 2012 11:44 AM

Jan 2011
This show is great, finally a show without all that happy crap but something realistic.
I can't wait for the next episode, this show is very promising.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 11, 2012 5:23 PM

Oct 2011
Magito said:

About Kasumi

Jul 11, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2007
wow that was brutal. much better than the first episode. more action, and uh ... everyone dies but the main girl.

going to keep watching after that. still don't see how they can win at this point.
Jul 11, 2012 8:48 PM
Mar 2012
Magito said:
lolzteez said:
yeah, they aren't twins.

and about Inia's resemblance to Kasumi...

About Kasumi

mystik said:
wow that was brutal. much better than the first episode. more action, and uh ... everyone dies but the main girl.

going to keep watching after that. still don't see how they can win at this point.

liemtodaisuJul 11, 2012 8:51 PM
Jul 11, 2012 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
lolzteez said:
Yumekichi11 said:
lolzteez said:
yeah, they aren't twins.

And how can a experiment or event make one siblings less you talking about one being separated from itself and cloned out.

Ah yes, I can confirm that now. I put on my BLOG a huge 800pics of this.

I PUKED out on the gore and Tentacle Hentai rape. Both sick shits!

If they adapt that somehow. It will shit people and censors will really save loads of minds.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 11, 2012 9:55 PM
Mar 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
lolzteez said:
Yumekichi11 said:
lolzteez said:
yeah, they aren't twins.

And how can a experiment or event make one siblings less you talking about one being separated from itself and cloned out.

Ah yes, I can confirm that now. I put on my BLOG a huge 800pics of this.

I PUKED out on the gore and Tentacle Hentai rape. Both sick shits!

If they adapt that somehow. It will shit people and censors will really save loads of minds.

They can adapt it to Xbox 360 and PS3 so it should be alright since they're gonna censore those thing in a smart way.
Jul 12, 2012 6:59 AM

Mar 2011
It's been a long time since I saw an episode as nasty as this ep
But now i'm interested again to see how this would be shaping
Jul 12, 2012 7:42 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Aversa said:
But there might be some new characters that might replace Yamashiro's cool personality.
YES! And they are TWINS! PV showed them. My sole reason of enjoying the series is ironically not due to Yui but them.
That's good to hear since it does add nicely to this anime.
I wonder if there will be any characters of Muvluv Unlimited but i have to wait and see for that.

Yamashiro suffered a terrible death tho i mean all she could do was wait for her death while this Beta where eating her units that's just cruel.
And the sensors doesn't suggests much goods for the fan service scenes which where nice in Muvluv Unlimited.
Jul 12, 2012 8:23 PM

Aug 2008
Wasn't expecting the bloodbath. I knew those girls weren't the main characters but I thought some of them especially Yamashiro might survive, just that they never appear again in the main plot. Guess not.
Jul 12, 2012 10:37 PM

Feb 2009
um... first episode was pretty boring but... um...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL? i try to avoid saying this but omg, shit was SERIOUSLY so cash. oh god, when she discovered those monsters just devouring her friend, i lost it. 5/5 right there. gonna follow this now, hopefully this isn't the peak and it's only the beginning of more of that greatness.
Jul 13, 2012 8:43 AM
Jan 2012
I loved the direction of the first episode X) . I'll watch this anime absolutely until the end
Jul 13, 2012 8:47 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
I am just surprised that people are actually surprised at the gore and character death... It became apparent right from the first episode that only one character will survive.

I mean you should be expecting Saikano style character elimination.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 13, 2012 11:04 PM

Jul 2011
Some pretty nice action here, but man are these characters boring. The story seems pretty generic as well. I hope we get to see some new interesting characters revealed in the present time (now that more than half of them are dead).
Jul 14, 2012 2:38 AM
Jan 2010
^ Don't worry, there will be a new main course next episode. I think.
Jul 14, 2012 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome. Now that was the shit. That's how war should be showed. Intense stuff.
From the few shows i saw until now this is the more fun. Can't wait for 3rd episode.
All the events where quite smart too. How they ended up getting eaten like that, or how she cried looking at a new born baby(we all got what she was thinking) and it was great that it jump 3 years so we actually have a n experience woman now as our main and not just some hurt girl.

Really felt sorry for the long hair girl. I thought that she will make it actually so i was kind of shocked she died too. She couldn't even get the bullet in the head that she was asking for.

orbbie said:
LOL its kinda funny that this has so many mixed feelings with people who either love or hate it.

Well there are people who can't see monsters eating people in bloody scenes. For them that is instantly bad despite the fact that the show is actually good for what it wants to show. It would be good if they could recognize the difference between actually being bad and not being their thing but some have a hard time doing that.
Better if they drop it so they can watch something cute and fluffy instead.

Netto_Azure said:
amc9988 said:

But really, I'll never understand the military in anime. Why they always let high school girls fight in a robot knowingly that girls in that age tends to be... uh... emotional/sensitive? That's not a very good idea to protect the citizen eh?

The world setting is where Most of the mainland is wiped out already (India and China combined already contains 1/3 of the worlds population) so there are only 1 billion left on the planet. Japan became the frontlines after the Korean Peninsula fell, so conscripting women and girls became a priority due to the high casualty rate.

The fact that you have to explain this shit shows how little people are thinking. I didn't read any novels, manga or played any game of this but i realized from the first that this world was in deep shit that they where forced to even use young girls to keep their fighting numbers.
Considering most mech have young people piloting with no reason or just say grown-ups can't pilot with no explanation then this show has a very realistic reason and is silly to ask such questions in this one.
MonadJul 15, 2012 2:20 AM
Jul 14, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2011
Oh shit that was hard to watch with every single of of the girls besides Yui getting killed off. Ughhh those last two girls getting eaten right in front of her. :( It was too bad Yui wasn't able to fulfill Yamashiro's last wish, getting shot by a friend would have been better than getting eaten alive.

Ooooh damnn Yui looks so much better with long hair and I am looking forward to seeing the introduction of the other 3 main chars.
Jul 14, 2012 5:57 PM

Jul 2009
Can't wait for the hot Russian teens.
Jul 15, 2012 1:19 AM
Dec 2010
Argh the wait for episode 3 is killing me
Jul 15, 2012 3:08 AM

Nov 2011
I'm very happy i picked up this series, very intense

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 15, 2012 4:43 AM
Apr 2012
Gonna be interesting seeing people's reactions when they realize Yui isn't the main character, lol.
Jul 15, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2011
Nice blood.

Though I have many problems with this series, I'll continue watching. Better than most of the shows this season.
Jul 15, 2012 8:31 PM
May 2012
Just caught up on this anime after episode 1.

I can't believe what I just witnessed. Her friends are all dead. My feelings are all over the place. Talk about an emotional episode ever.
Jul 16, 2012 3:02 AM

Dec 2009
Dam, this episode pissed me off. It makes me think that women can't be good soldiers.

Also, the main character was such a baby. She better tough out later.

Still, even with all its flaws, I thought the show kicked ass. It just pisses me off.
Jul 16, 2012 9:34 PM

Oct 2008
Killing characters where the reader/viewer is not emotionally invested in = failure

I just laugh at it...
O! There goes another one...
I'm not that big a mecha fan so this anime doesn't really have any hook for me.
Will see what next episode is like.

This anime pulled a Ga Rei Zero on me. Hopefully, it will remain interesting like Ga Rei Zero, though I'm not too confident.
Jul 16, 2012 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
I can't believe how fucking real shit got. 8 minutes my ass more like 5! (5:25 :D)

Been a while since I have seen a series like this in a while. looking forward to episode 3!
Jul 19, 2012 2:10 PM

Feb 2012
I’ve never seen a show that killed off so many characters so quickly. People in the Starship Troopers movie had longer life expectancy than those girls. Honestly, my biggest complaint about this show is that characters are killed too fast. It took them around a year to train then and they are only expected to last 8 minutes, the war should already be over with at that pace. I know Japan wouldn’t like to do it, but I would be dropping nukes left and right to kill those aliens.

All in all, this prologue is one of the best prologues I have ever seen.
Jul 19, 2012 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
So it was all a flashback huh?

Man, were they killed off fast. I wish it would've given another episode to develop the characters more so I could actually feel a little bit for the main girl when they were brutally killed off.

Those death scenes literally had my jaw dropped though. That was so ruthless.
Jul 23, 2012 10:28 PM
May 2012
That's it, my body is ready for this anime.

Bring it on, total eclipse!
Jul 25, 2012 8:28 PM

May 2012
Whoa, it's a massacre.
Episode 1: hey, here are some cute girls piloting some mecha...
Episode 2: ..and we'll kill em all

I was kinda expecting it though, since in all the magazine articles, Yui was the only one shown amongst the upcoming characters. Still... to do it in 1 episode, the second episode to boot.
Jul 28, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
A story based on a game that renowned for being "bloody" traumatizing. What did you expect?

This level of gore and death isn't even close to the game....
Jul 28, 2012 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
lol wut
I want some more gore and less sensoring. AND...
WTF was that piece of shit intro?
Jul 29, 2012 2:33 AM

Apr 2011
pika2000 said:
Whoa, it's a massacre.
Episode 1: hey, here are some cute girls piloting some mecha...
Episode 2: ..and we'll kill em all

I'm pretty sure they're going to repeat the same thing again on this series.
Jul 30, 2012 6:44 AM
Jul 2012
Episode 1 was like a written textbook about the history of the MLA Universe with a few samples.

Episode 2 just says: EXPERIENCE THE WORLD.

Having prior knowledge of MLA:TE, the deaths of all of the characters save Takamura was expected, but I suppose it would have shocked the newer watchers.

Other than that, I cannot really use words to describe this chapter. There's no plot here, its a continuation of the first episode, except it thrusts you into the experience itself instead of talking about it.

Its one of those episodes you just sit back and enjoy (if you knew the plot) and be shocked (if you are new to the series.)

Shout-out to the instructor/captain to sacrificed himself to save Takamura and friends (not that said friends survived anyway).

And in relation to the Takamura-can't-aim, its not her fault at all. She's still barely a trainee at that point of time, having just experienced her first real battle and watching practically everyone she knew die. The shock and despair paralysing her was natural. Not that she could have done anything alone against all those BETA anyway.

She fared better than everyone else in her squad (at least she wasn't gloating about surviving the initial 8 minutes, nor was she ranting about revenge). Her breakdown at the end was simply due to complete defeat, losing practically EVERYTHING.

At least it did built up to resolve after the final crying breakdown after being saved.

Another 4/5 for me. Actually, its more of 4.5/5, but I decided to round this down since I'm not particularly fond of the gore.
Jul 31, 2012 7:32 AM
Dec 2011
Thought it would b another fanservice and I was like god japan please stop the all girls kyaaaa.

And then this came. woot.

luv it.

Nice serious gantz style. and they got rid of the stupid awkward funny ecchi moments.

The OP doesn't suit though. doesn't rly matter. just skip.

This must get rly popular. Instead of that mew mew mental pink girl with blood gore ecchi anime.

this ones actually has story and intense. people must luv gore.
wigglejellyJul 31, 2012 7:35 AM
Aug 27, 2012 5:11 PM

Oct 2009
Near the end of the 2nd ep, I died a little.
Japan! What have you done! Ffffuuuuuu!!! *insert rage here*

.. Sometimes in a quiet night, I can hear the pilot screams "Yui! YUI! YUI!" it's depressing.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 24, 2012 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
I saw that bloodbath coming. It was pretty enjoyable :)
Oct 7, 2012 12:55 PM
Sep 2012
Lol, I thought that they were controlling the robots wirelessly, the I realised my mistake and started shitting bricks.
May 25, 2013 1:40 PM
Aug 2012
damn tht world sucks poor kid for being born into it the biggest floor in this is the fact that anyone is still alive at the rate those things move through the defences the world would have fallen within a year much faster than they could train pilots or build the mechs it the beta is unrealisticly over powered the amount of time the anime seems to put across doesnt make sense when there so easily over run and the enemy is jst about inifinite i would guess that the world wld have fallen in a round 1 month after the first invasion not to mention the goverments would have fallen through mines for materials would have stoped facilities for building mechs would be rare and there would be no care for the wounded total extinction of everything would be a yr for the people running away seems the only country not destroyed is america by the sounds of things which seems to generic
Jun 9, 2013 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
So I guess "I survived the 8 minutes!" is the new "IT'S A GUNDAM", huh.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jun 27, 2013 4:12 PM

Mar 2009
Die Die! hahaha Die Everyone!

love it uncensored XD
Jul 28, 2013 7:15 AM
Oct 2009
Wow... that was a really creepy episode... o.o
Oct 5, 2013 12:03 PM
May 2013
LiLSatan said:
Die Die! hahaha Die Everyone!

love it uncensored XD

I saw what they censored... it feels weird.
Oct 25, 2013 2:14 AM

Jan 2012
O.O

well that escalated quickly

me like
Dec 20, 2013 9:53 PM

Apr 2011
Well that was one nasty episode
Jan 12, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
Guess that's why they didn't waste too much time with the pacing of the first two episodes - it was a flashback.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 27, 2014 3:08 AM

Jun 2011
"3 years later"
FUCK, another time skip?

I thought Yui screaming when the other chick asked to shoot her was funny. I am quite surprised at the "eating" scene, but to be honest, how much I know and care about those girls anyway? The whole action scene was boring, I don't know enough of their world to care about them. They should have let us get to know these characters and their world first before going into the plot.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 27, 2014 3:32 AM

Nov 2013
You should drop it bro, too high standarts, if You didn't even like the first two flashback episodes. I guess this show is max likeable by Muv-Luv original story fans.
Jun 5, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2013
This serious was much more intense than I thought it would ever be. I thought it would be more like IS but I am wrong. Long haired Yui is much better!
Jun 26, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
That was gruesome lol, pretty awesome episode though. I fucking love mecha.
Aug 6, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2008
Whoa now, that was horrific. First they BETA just wiped them all out with ease, then they started eating them with more gore than I expected...absolutely sickening to watch and think about especially when Yui asked asked to kill the other pilot before she was eaten and couldn't...then it happened, ugh!

And then 3 year timeskip out of nowhere wait what? Earth was getting destroyed and now 3 years later? Oh boy...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.