Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2012 4:57 PM

Jul 2011
agreed with italy

but i gave it a 9 anyway because of the awesome osts and the fun i had on the forums but thats just me :)
Mar 22, 2012 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Zhou said:
Yesterday I watched Angel Beats and I cried.
Last week when I watched Fairy Tail I cried even though I knew what was going to happen because I already read it months ago.
THIS, nothing... so pointless.

Really? 'pointless'? And you cried over Fairy Tail. Not objecting you views, but damn thats a heartless exclamation.
Mar 22, 2012 5:00 PM

Jul 2011
mana dances and inori sings, i admit manas dancing was good but inori's singing always touched my heart
Mar 22, 2012 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
i hate this.... the ending was too sad. it was too tragic.. it made me cry, in the few last minutes... watching shu in the park, forever alone, imagining inori and all that... is so bad! i mean... Gai had his heroic death, Inori did what she did and mana is gone... and shu is all alone! gah, i rly hate this!!!! ;_; it would be better if shu had died >_>

anyways.... 7/10... it could be better. the soundtrack was awesome. and i don't think that there will be a second season.. if there is, i wont watch it, probably..........
Mar 22, 2012 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
Well at the end the end was like all the anime....just WTF!!!!

First of all Shu needed to die,at least it will be better that left him alone,blind,without and arm and loveless.He suffer that much to the end get nothing.....better be dead that in a fucking bench in a park listening to Inori sing...also ya he is blind since probably absorbed it from Inori at the end.

Second Gai vs Shu was pretty lame...no real action no feeling just plain simple its sad that the fight with the Daart guy was more epic that this fight...

Third Mana appear like...3 scenes max...no just no.

There we some decent things,Inori was the savior at the end that was a nice thing ,Mana dance was funny,some fanservice and then....I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ELSE GOOD...o ya Ayase survive YAY!!

There were so many flaws in this last episode(and in the anime) to continue,that Whore bitch surviving,many question without answers,anyway.....

It was a decent anime at the end,the OST was awesome(the best of the anime),the animation was good,some characters were ok but could be much much better,7/10 for me.
raxius1230Mar 22, 2012 5:16 PM
Mar 22, 2012 5:03 PM

Dec 2009
Story - 6/10
Characters - 4/10
Sound - 9/10
Animation - 8/10
Total - 7/10
I enjoyed it, but most of it was really forgettable.
Is Shu unlucky or what?
Jun 2011
WHY YOU NO LET INORI LIVE?!?!?!

Jul 2011
Zhou said:
Last week when I watched Fairy Tail I cried even though I knew what was going to happen because I already read it months ago.

O_O ok i understand angel beats but fairy tail!? what part?

i cried a little on angel beats at the end but i haven't seen anything in fairy tail worth crying over
Mar 22, 2012 5:07 PM
Jan 2012
Hypothetical sequel... Ayase and Shu's kid battling against the remnants(?) of Daarth...
Mar 22, 2012 5:08 PM

Jul 2011
i think they crammed in waay too much into this episode so they couldn't afford to extend the fight with gai, i wish they make more episodes but shu is now blind and 21 year old adult, it seems so pointless to carry it on
Mar 22, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2010
I thought it was very enjoyable. Sure, it wasn't great, but it was no where as bad as everyone is saying it is. I was still very much entertained. The last couple of episodes reminded me of a Square Enix game.

In fact, I think it would've made a better video game then an anime.

8/10
Mar 22, 2012 5:11 PM
Oct 2011
Ending is bad. I liked the show too. =(. Shu should have just died with Inori.
Mar 22, 2012 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
It's fun to see how people can love this and how people can hate this. I think I'm more on the hate party... So I gave it a 6. Hey, don't judge my rating, I'm biased. I can still conclude the only thing I love about GC is all the OST abd the animation is great.
Mar 22, 2012 5:16 PM
Mar 2012
Zhou said:

dude wtf FAIRY TAIL you cried over it *cough sissy cough*
momoajkunggMar 22, 2012 5:20 PM
Mar 22, 2012 5:16 PM
Mar 2012
I have a knack for details and this little things really caught my eye. Probably Inori died, I believe she's somehow still alive and most likely the makers/producers/etc. are trolling us.

Shu during the credits, all alone. Around 21:59 using the Commie fansub of Guilty Crown episode 22.

Shu wearing the same outfit hugging Inori in a crystal thingy chamber at the end. Around 22:13 using the Commie fansub of Guilty Crown episode 22.

A glimpse at a chamber like thing, probably the chamber of secrets. Around 19:45 using the Commie fansub of Guilty Crown episode 22.

Oh and I'd rate the show around 8 out of 10. I still liked it regardless of the many plotholes, clinches and etc. I mean in this day and age, name a recent anime or manga that don't have this kind of things cramped in it.

PS: Still a better ending than Mass effect 3. Oh and a pairing between Shu and Edward Elric would be epic.
syracuseMar 22, 2012 5:21 PM
Mar 22, 2012 5:18 PM

Apr 2010
God damn this was a piece of shit.

7/10 for water balloon tits and glasses-kun. Also, dat cripple.
Mar 22, 2012 5:20 PM
Dec 2011
Conclusion: I liked the music and the animation of Guilty Crown
Hated everything else because the whole series didn't make any sense to me lol
Bittersweet ending was appropriate but again massive plot holes through out the series pretty much renders it unwatchable. I guess the only thing that made me watch this series despite its dismal flaws to the end was the animation, music, and my sheer lack of anime to watch lol.

5/10
Mar 22, 2012 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
well then that's one way to end it even with all the hate GC had it some great moments and this ending kinda just felt rushed just like the whole series did if IG took their time and made this series alot better among many other things it could have been far better which leads me to say GC always left me wanting to see what happens next and i'm kinda sad to see it go mainly because the Art and music was some of it's major strong points (they finally played Release My Soul! yay). 7.5/10 for me yall.

on a Side note WHY THE FUCK didn't that bitch die?! and if anyone has played Mass effect you can already picture some people wanting a OVA for another ending :P count me in if i get to see Arisa meet the death she should had.
Mar 22, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
Heh this was an entertaning trainwreck to watch. The ending caught me by surprize because I thought Shu would die in the end .

Gonna be generous and give it a final score of 6/10 because Inori died and decent soundtrack + animation .
Mar 22, 2012 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
Eu7 said:
Zhou said:

Really? 'pointless'? And you cried over Fairy Tail. Not objecting you views, but damn thats a heartless exclamation.

Maybe I'm heartless :D
No, did you see it? The time I spent with Fairy Tail is obviously way longer than Guilty Crown, I know Natsu and the others for years and I really like it, I have a connection to them and than the thing I would have to spoil came out of nowhere, heck how should I not at least feel a bit sad. Dude, I cried when I read the chapters of Naruto where the young Kakashi was on a mission with his team and the yondaime.
I do not dislike Guilty Crown, this ending isn't absolute horsecrap like NGE but I just can't accept it, I don't feel satisfied.
Mar 22, 2012 5:27 PM
May 2009
What was exactly so bad about this ending?
I mean, after all those episodes, I didn't really care about if it makes sense or not. If I cared about how much sense does the plot make I'd drop it long ago derp
I baww'ed at the last scene, it was really entertaining to watch, shit was great. Ended up giving the series 7/10. For the music & being entertaining as fuck.
Also Fullmetal Shoe.
And that glasses guy and Daryl.
Mar 22, 2012 5:27 PM
Mar 2012
In conclusion: 7 out of 10 because Gai turn into a dick, the "BITCH" live, Inori die.

Here is how it should of been

Punch gai in the face in the other universe, dimension or what ever it was, kill the f@#$ing BITCH, and shu die with inori.

It would of been 5/10 if it wasn't for the awesome OST.
Mar 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Oct 2008
McRib said:
Shu is gonna carry that guilty crown.

This show was a fucking trainwreck.

The train was built by a well-known company known for it's past trains. Things were looking good when the train started. No problems! Then... suddenly, there was a section of rusted track and the train started veer off the tracks and into a small town. Little did they know that criminals had hidden explosives on this train. Due to the gas lines connecting it to other towns, the explosions sparked a chain reaction and led to terrible... terrible damage!
Mar 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
Well, the ending was cliche and predictable as hell. The only thing I liked was that Inori didn't come back. Thank God.

What a train wreck this show has been. It started out amazing, then spiraled downward, with a sprinkle of good episodes here and there. Plot holes out the WAZOO didn't help the matter either.

5/10
Mar 22, 2012 5:29 PM
Mar 2012
momoajkungg said:
This anime have the worst ending i've ever seen in my entire life oh and im 13 btw

Then I recommend watching more animes' to broaden the list of animes' in which you base your judgement because there are a lot more animes' that have the worst ending aside from this like... Gun Frontier and Slam Dunk.
Mar 22, 2012 5:30 PM
Mar 2012
This anime die when Gai die. Is a proven scientific fact.
Mar 22, 2012 5:31 PM
Mar 2012
syracuse said:
momoajkungg said:
This anime have the worst ending i've ever seen in my entire life oh and im 13 btw

Then I recommend watching more animes' to broaden the list of animes' in which you base your judgement because there are a lot more animes' that have the worst ending aside from this like... Gun Frontier and Slam Dunk.

I watch lots of anime
Mar 22, 2012 5:32 PM
Mar 2012
I've been a big fanboy of Guilty Crown because it had its epic moments, but that ending was ABSOLUTE SHIT.
Imo, Shu should've died...
For some reason, the ending felt like it was setting up for a second season, but I don't really care right now... that was sad.

smh
Mar 22, 2012 5:32 PM
Dec 2011
Qashqai said:
I mean, after all those episodes, I didn't really care about if it makes sense or not. If I cared about how much sense does the plot make I'd drop it long ago derp
I baww'ed at the last scene, it was really entertaining to watch, shit was great. Ended up giving the series 7/10. For the music & being entertaining as fuck.
Also Fullmetal Shoe.
And that glasses guy and Daryl.

nothing was bad about the ending but the plot was a trainwreck. The ending was pretty good alone but the rest of the series is ugh.
In fact everything about this anime was great (music, animation) except a bunch of monkeys wrote the script. Like i said I watched this because I don't have much to watch. I already realized this series was a trainwreck a few episodes in but i'm a completion-ist.
Mar 22, 2012 5:34 PM
Mar 2012
The people that wrote this must be high on crack when they wrote this anime.
Mar 22, 2012 5:35 PM
Dec 2011
momoajkungg said:

yes a bunch of monkeys on crack
Mar 22, 2012 5:35 PM
Mar 2012
momoajkungg said:
syracuse said:
momoajkungg said:

I watch lots of anime

Watch some more... that is if you have lots of time to spare like me. Do watch the earlier ones and after all the shit pile endings you'll get, you'll also be rewarded with awesome endings like Akira. =)
Mar 22, 2012 5:37 PM
Mar 2012
syracuse said:
momoajkungg said:
syracuse said:
momoajkungg said:

I watch lots of anime

Watch some more... that is if you have lots of time to spare like me. Do watch the earlier ones and after all the shit pile endings you'll get, you'll also be rewarded with awesome endings like Akira. =)

Im 13 I have lots of spare time. Oh and I don't watch old anime.

Feb 2012
Qashqai said:

I cared and didn't drop it/watched it till the end to see if there's anything worthwhile, I think that explains it. Don't take it serious ;)
Mar 2012
AnimeTroll1088 said:
momoajkungg said:

yes a bunch of monkeys on crack

Thank you
Mar 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Mar 2010
I really loved GC - but the end was really wasted.

They could have done it much much much much MUCH better -.-'
And eiter both die (Shu + Inori) or none of them -.-''

The ending disappointed me - but overall I really loved GC for it's great story and !!!!

IF THERE ARE PLOTHOLES : JUST USE SOMETHING THAT IS CALLED FANTASY (if you have it)

Something like that does not need to be bad. Actually it can make the viewer think more about character's backgrounds and so on .... as long as the "world" of the story has a plausible reasoning (which GC definetly had)

ps: sorry for any spelling mistakes ;)
Mar 22, 2012 5:44 PM

May 2008
I have to point out to the 13 year olds....

R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
Mar 22, 2012 5:44 PM
Mar 2010
I liked the ending but I felt it could have been better if it was over a few more episodes. The fight with Gai has been led upto almost for the whole series in one way or the other and it wasn't exactly long. The Tsugami and Ayase parts were good though and what was there of Shu and Gai's fight was good.
Mana was insane as always but would have liked to see her stay around for a while longer, seeing as it again has been built up for a while.

I'm guessing at the end, Shu took all the cancer upon himself and then Inori traded places with him, transferring her blindness.
Was Gai's rebirth ever really explained? XD

I'm guessing, sales dependent, that there will be another series.

Really enjoyed Guilty Crown though, esepically the animation and OST.
Mar 22, 2012 5:45 PM
Mar 2012
NikuiKira12 said:

Shut up
Mar 22, 2012 5:45 PM

Jul 2011
A show carried by its aesthetics rather than the actual content; shit characters and a storyline, but a great OST.
Mar 22, 2012 5:46 PM
Mar 2012
olee said:
I really loved GC - but the end was really wasted.

They could have done it much much much much MUCH better -.-'
And eiter both die (Shu + Inori) or none of them -.-''

The ending disappointed me - but overall I really loved GC for it's great story and !!!!

IF THERE ARE PLOTHOLES : JUST USE SOMETHING THAT IS CALLED FANTASY (if you have it)

Something like that does not need to be bad. Actually it can make the viewer think more about character's backgrounds and so on .... as long as the "world" of the story has a plausible reasoning (which GC definetly had)

ps: sorry for any spelling mistakes ;)

+1 to you sir. I guest I'll just wait for the manga adaptation of this series by Square Enix to finish so at least some light can be shed on what really happened after this faithful last episode.

momoajkungg said:
NikuiKira12 said:

Shut up

This made me laugh. Comment and quotation win. =)

Oct 2011
Fail end. Shu didn't die. It could be the best anime if it ended up Gai killing Shu but no... -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2011
I did find it hilarious how Mana dies within minutes of her resurrection each time LOL
Mar 22, 2012 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
momoajkungg said:
This anime die when Gai die. Is a proven scientific fact.

Actually, it was teh REVERSE, it begun when Gai died, the ones before was just pure shit with frost covered

Ok! This is the finale!

Arisa should've been shot dead! Man... I can't believe she was left alive.

Inori didn't Live???? This has to be the biggest plottwist in the series!

Gai vs Shu's fight was weak as hell, I thought Yuu and Shu's fight was MUCH better. BTW Yuu should've lived for a R2

Knew that flower contained her memory or something?

So after that, everyone lives in a peaceful world but Shu is freaking BLIND!??? How???? We need an ova or something to explain. The ending kind of fucked up. Shu deserved some sort of gift, after all this shit. At least make him end up with Ayase

Though before that I want them to answer how did Ayase know that he was looking forward to this? Was she living with him or something?

Now Shu is a cripplex2, he can sympathize Ayase? haha
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 22, 2012 5:48 PM

Aug 2007
I'm giving it a solid 8/10 for the following reasons:
1. It managed to make me really angry at times.
2. It had a satisfying ending despite making me really angry when it did.
3. The fact that it did make me so angry is a sign that I became invested in what went on, meaning they did their job keeping me interested.

Some of you rate it somewhat low because it pissed you off, nothing wrong with that. The way I see it, if a show can piss you off like that, it was a success, because it means you came to care about what happened instead of just watching for thrills. That to me is worthy of at least a "good" rating. I gave it an 8 rather than a 7 for the music and since the main character was so well developed over the course of the series. He ended off completely different from when he started and went through so many changes... That's rare these days.
Mar 22, 2012 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
So, Inori miraculously spared Shu from his death by giving him the red string thingy? Magic. Gai did not fail to be a blatantly inconsistent character, an authentic character developed for ass-pulling, if you will, possibly the worst character in the showl. Mana danced to some tunes and got herself killed. Ayase and Tsutsugumi showed some tits and ass. Daryl got saved by the gruffly selfless dude with spectacles because he was a "nice boy" inside.

And they nonchalantly celebrated the birthday of a dead chick in the end, with Shu now blind, missing a limb, and presumably inflicted with psychological trauma.

A lover's suicide would've brought more closure than this. At the very least, he has Ayase. However, based on the enjoyment factor, I'll bestow this anime with a dandy 8/10. I liked Guilty Crown in general, bullshit aside.
Mar 22, 2012 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
I kind of am pissed about all the unexplained thing in this series... This could have had GREAT potential if it took the time to explain a bit:

- Segai's character, come on don't just let a badass die like that

- Gai's ressurection, how???

- More on the world after Lost Christmas

- What happened with Shu and blindness

- who did Shu end up with? If anyone...

- Kido Kinji seems like a near-pointless character

- What Daryl thinks of Tsugumi

- Many many other things...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 22, 2012 5:51 PM
Dec 2011
myusername said:

A lover's suicide would've brought more closure than this.

i lol'd
Mar 22, 2012 5:53 PM

Feb 2012
Guys, what do you think about Shu's outfit at the end? It seems like it wasn't enough of a punishment with him being alive, they put him in a horroble outfit, too.
Mar 22, 2012 5:53 PM
Mar 2012
When I finish watching this anime I want to beat up the people who wrote this anime.
Pages (24) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.