Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2012 7:51 PM

Feb 2011
Something quick that came to mind.

When Little-Gai had the gun, he was aiming at the star on the tree.

Did Mana pull out a gun and shoot him, or did she rig the gun to backfire, or did he just shoot himself for whatever reason?

@Above, no, she didn't die, apparently she was in the preview for the next episode which I cannot for the life of me find.
Jan 12, 2012 7:56 PM

Feb 2011
I think she rigged the gun to backfire @.@.
Jan 12, 2012 7:57 PM
Aug 2011
So the story is starting to tie up together I guess, but a lot of what goes on in this show feels unnecessary.

The more this goes on the less I want to hear and see Inori.
The only character I kind of like is eyebrows guy.
Jan 12, 2012 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
AirTote said:

Did Mana pull out a gun and shoot him, or did she rig the gun to backfire, or did he just shoot himself for whatever reason?

@Above, no, she didn't die, apparently she was in the preview for the next episode which I cannot for the life of me find.

If you look at the gun after he shot, You can see the gun is all fucked up. The bullet probably exploded wrongly in the chamber and metal debris flew out and hit him. She probably tampered with the bullet or gun to make that happen before hand.
Jan 12, 2012 8:15 PM
Dec 2010
It is a gun
Tomodachi5 said:
AirTote said:

If you look at the gun after he shot, You can see the gun is all fucked up. The bullet probably exploded wrongly in the chamber and metal debris flew out and hit him. She probably tampered with the bullet or gun to make that happen before hand.

That gun is made to shoot backwards.
Jan 12, 2012 8:29 PM
May 2011
I hope they have that soundtrack that played during the whole entire last scene in the OST. If not I will be pissed. That sounded so cool.
ban1o.jpg
Jan 12, 2012 8:32 PM
Mar 2011
akiaki said:
Did the girl in the wheelchair die?

no, not unless they can make an impact with her death. She'll probably die near the end though. When they run out of plot.
Jan 12, 2012 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
I can puzzle through the backstory now, and it explains some of what is going on--but where the hell do we go from here? Obviously insane doctor is not the final boss, and since in retrospect the evil plot was to bring back "crazy" Mana and replace the human race with a new model (Sort of like Blood+ except not as well written) what happens now? Does Shu become the leader of Undertaker and drive the occupying forces out of Japan? Is there still power in the rock to be fought over? Is it possible that evil genius #2 (or #3) will bring back Mana (and Gai) for another attempt? At this point I'm watching mostly for the music, but I'll stick around a few more episodes to see what happens.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
The "proposal" was absolutely hysterical. I knew this would turn into a comedy!
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jan 12, 2012 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Wait did I read right? Or was my subs wrong? "The time when Ouma Haruka took Shu in" so he's adopted? There's incest now but the incest is not quite incest because the characters relationships are all over the floor? x_x

Anyway I'm still confused whether this was an awesome episode that represents the "now definitely without a doubt" series get better or just... Extremely weird and bizarra (Mana seemed a good villain, she's already out? With Gai? Who's the kid? Shuuichiro died? deny everything you heard before cuz now all changed! lol).

I'll keep forever believing "in the next episode things will get good" in that way... XD
Jan 12, 2012 9:44 PM

Feb 2009
Epic....this thread that is.

As for this episode, well, it was a completely different show entirely with them eyeballs and the marriage and stuff.
And....that's not a good thing you know. One moment the buildup and all the revelations and POOF....gone. We're gonna go on reset I bet(no I don't watch the previews). Seriously, that's just bad writing.
It's like they aren't even trying anymore. But I'm gonna stick till the end coz there's still something about thinking how this will go from bad to worse continue and how this will end.
Plus, it's a shame to pass up reading the threads here and not being able to follow the things talked about.

goes back to lurk moar. Carry on please
Jan 12, 2012 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
wow, that was extremely rushed. That could've easily used a few extra eps to explain things. The show still entertains me though. It's kinda sad that watching the haters and fanboys of GC argue on this fourm is more entertaining as well.
Jan 12, 2012 9:58 PM

Sep 2011
What. The. Fuck.
Jan 12, 2012 10:20 PM

Apr 2009
This show has a seriously flawed narrative.
Jan 12, 2012 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
So Gai and Shoe were best friends? LOLWUT

Mana wanted to do her brother? LOLWUT

Shoe and Gai were at the epicentre of the Lost Christmas "explosion" but didn't get obliterated? LOLWUT

Souichiro's a pedo? LOL

Shoe can actually draw someones void without them fainting? THANKS FOR TELLING US NOW GAI!

I'm glad they're actually trying to explain things now, but frankly, its half-assed. I always like when writers use the 'erased it from their own memories' excuse, cause it shows that they've gotten lazy.

I'd also like to see the next generation of humans. Hundreds of retarded inbred children, birthed from the same parents YAY!.

Man, I love Guilty Crown, it never fails to impress me ;) Now its taken the weird route lol.

And wtf kind of name is Triton? Oh look! some random kid on the shore! LETS CALL HIM TRITON! :D Like thats gonna be the first thing you can think of naming him... even if she was some Greek mythology major or something. :S

Rant, rant, rantrantrant. :DDD
Jan 12, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
My intial reaction to this episode is basicly the same as my reaction to epsiode 6. Too Much, Too Fast.

There were some really good revelations, plot twists and backstory in this episode. But they were crammed into a single episode. It would have been better if this had been spread out over another episode and expanded on. Instead, some of this episode's elements came across as Ass-pulls, which bordered on another Dus Ex-Machina moment.

We knew from the start, from Episode 1, that Shu was screwed up. But to have blocked out the exisitence of an older Sister and his best friend. To do so as completely as he did. Screwed Up is an Understatement.

Don't know what to make of Mana. This is why I would have liked to see this episode's events spread out over two or more Episodes. She was one of the first victims of the AV. She went from loving big sister to wanting to have Shu's children. Ic. ic. ic. There is just too much that needs to be explained better.

With episode 12, the second book comes to a close. Not that this is a book... But, this feels like the ending of a book turned into a 6 episode anime series. Just like episodes 1-6 felt like they were book 1, of a series. Episodes 7-12 are like the second book of the series.

I wonder what Book 3 is going to be like?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Jan 12, 2012 11:08 PM
Dec 2011
>TTGL
>you're doing it wrong
>inb4 this isn't a mecha

Personally, I thought this was an above par episode compared to the first season, and the story is alright.

The focus from ep to ep in last season turned into "wtf?" more than "oh!". We're shown how lame, uncool, and self-loathing Shu is with his altruistic side being his redeeming quality. Then if he makes his scary face and yells loud enough, he's awesome. But really, he just wants to be loved, validated and told what a great guy he is. If anyone was around to do this, we wouldn't have a story.

This show is entertaining, but if a kiss from Inori is all it would take to make Shu the happiest guy on earth, that's weak.

The story has cool stuff going on, but they focus too much on Shu's cowardice that it's easy to miss the "hey, Shu is just trying to preserve his innocence" part. Even in this episode it's THERE, but instead we're also thrown this "Mana loves Shu" twist.

If the Last Christmas trauma really made Shu lock his memories away, then remembering them needs to be just as bad. Shu's mental breakdown and coming to grips with reality is...where?

TTGL and GC: Unlikely hero (check), New-found power only he can use saves the day (check), Robots/mechas (check), Badass male character dies (check), Unlikely hero keeps badass buddy's cloak/mantle and wears it in his honor and assumes leadership position (probably, since Gai's jacket magically didn't vaporize and caught the PERFECT gust of wind, flying into Shu's bubble), Hero falls in love with heroine who isn't REALLY human (check).

tl;dr
TTGL was awesome. That is the only reason I keep watching GC.
Jan 12, 2012 11:09 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Karhu said:
Is this some type of a joke or what the hell? There is no words to describe how ridiculous this is.

QFT. This episode made absolutely no sense in a large number of ways. I like how the writers conveniently forgot that when a void is drawn out, the person loses consciousness. Also Inori disappears after Shu catches her the first time, allowing him to have free hands to stab Gai with her void. Then he escapes in a magical bubble the creation of which is never explained since the last time we were able to defy gravity with bubbles it required the void of a character not present in this scene. And all this was just the last five minutes of the episode -- lets say nothing of what looked like rewriting the character's entire history so he and Gai were old friends.
Jan 12, 2012 11:11 PM

Aug 2011
WOW. Just when I thought they couldn't throw in any more cliches, the do the "So you remember" card. WOW.

And HOLY FUCK I CALLED THIS INSTRUMENTALITY BULLSHIT. I told you.

And then, incest. I forsee more of it in the future.

This is fucking hilarious.

Segai continues to be the only interesting character.

At least Gai has motivation for the shit he's done. But they waited way too long to reveal it.

So now holding hands with someone while pulling out their void magically leaves them conscious? WTF.

Why'd you get the magical flying bubble, Shu?

HOWEVER...

I will admit that you at least made me feel something this time. I'm such a sucker for tear jerkers. Even though it doesn't make any sense why this elicited any emotional response from me at all. Made me change my tentative score from a 3 to a 4.

But that still does not excuse the ass pull fest.

I think I figured out how to make me like this series: Kill off all the characters, one by one. The only one I won't ever cry about in a billion years is Shu.
DraconisMarchJan 12, 2012 11:19 PM
Jan 12, 2012 11:18 PM

Jan 2009
I really wanted to like this anime :'( really I did, but its turning into a train wreck now.

That was the most cliched thing I have ever seen. Complete with the ending.

It felt like we missed out on 20 episodes or something, and this is the final arc.

Personally I feel the length of the series is too short :/ if it was 2 "seasons" (50 eps) I feel they could do a better job. There's just too much stuff in Guilty Crown to adequately cover now. So we end up with Episode 12. Credit to them for waking up and realizing the anime's half over(how most single season anime w/plot fail). But cmon -_-.

Well, at least they got that out of the way..lets see what the last 10 episodes are like.
Jan 12, 2012 11:29 PM
Jul 2011
I liked the episode but if Gai is truly dead I will drop this anime, he is the reason I watched it to begin with and would like to see the bond between Gai and Shuu preffered that all along so I laughed at Mana being Shuu's sister. If Gai does not return this show is dead to me.
Jan 12, 2012 11:31 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
You forgot EVIL SHU. He's cool too.

Oh yeah no offense but someone move their ass to the studio and present them a letter of totally doing shit wrong explaining all of the complaints here. I am sure they would be shafted by it. But anyway just someone send something to the studio telling them they are doing shit wrong. Doubt it will happen but it would be cool.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2012 11:33 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Vaguely, except we don't know anything about him yet. (Watch his backstory be something extremely retarded.)

And his eyebrows REALLY piss me off.
Jan 12, 2012 11:36 PM

Oct 2010
AirTote said:
It's here:
http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#12
to all for the PV.

Jan 12, 2012 11:36 PM

Nov 2011
Just thought of something. Why can Inori's blood slow down the Apocalyptic Virus and Stop the Crystallization process if she was created to be the new body for Mana?
Jan 12, 2012 11:40 PM

Dec 2011
Chill it, you mongrels!

Stop asking Why and What! We have fucking 10 more episode left so if you are going to rant or hate wait until then, goddammit!
Jan 12, 2012 11:43 PM

Jun 2011
Vallaw said:
So if Gai's void can make other people's voids come out, why doesn't he use it on eyebrows guy, rendering him unconscious?

Didn't think of that actually haha, but then again, why not just use a normal gun and skip the middleman? lol

Nocturcity said:
That episode failed to bring out ANY emotion in me.

Same here. I have no idea how someone compared Gai's death to

Stuartxtr7 said:
That was awkward as shit. It's like she was going for a kiss, but then realized "Fuck, I'm stuck with this faggot now" and started crying.

LOL xD
Jan 12, 2012 11:46 PM

Oct 2010
Tomodachi5 said:
Yeah she did, she want bat shit insane like Yuno due to thinking that Gai might still be a threat to her relation with Shu. Did you not even hear it? She says that she loves Gai and then lies. Can I also show you:

yeah that is not exactly normal really. So fact is fact that Mana though of disposing of Gai through nasty means.

Jan 13, 2012 12:12 AM

Jul 2011
The episode felt extremely rushed, almost like they wanted to end the show in a cliche, open ended way and then decided to keep going anyways.
I don't even know what to expect of the next 10 episodes.

Enjoyable nonetheless if over-the-top drama isn't a deal breaker.
Jan 13, 2012 12:13 AM

Apr 2010
The only way to defeat characters in Guilty Crown is for them to be disintegrated. It isn't like dragon ball Z however, they don't go to a spirit world, they just vanish forever :)

4/5 this weeks episode. Hoping that with Gai gone Shu will step up and become a man.
Jan 13, 2012 12:37 AM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Vaguely, except we don't know anything about him yet. (Watch his backstory be something extremely retarded.)

And his eyebrows REALLY piss me off.
Oh so the face design, too bad. I still think he's better than Shu but yeah we need more time for him.

Jan 13, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2010
Gai being so young kind of ruins his character for me, a bit. Still a great character, though.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jan 13, 2012 1:15 AM
Dec 2010
Incest much? Seriously, this show is getting worse every episode, with this one especially! Sister wanting to **** her younger brother, then dying because he rejects her (bitch, please!), and in the end, the best and most badass character in the show gets killed... And, of course, the pussy Shu saves the day... Damn, and this is supposed to be a "serious" show?
Sucks epic balls, but will watch it till the end, maybe it'll get better...
Jan 13, 2012 1:36 AM

Dec 2010
I guessed that Mana was related to Shu in one way or another but i never would have guessed that the plot between them would go that way; however i still felt with that aside it was one of the best episodes yet because it all came together and it leaves me wondering where the plot will go; there are anime that suck because the plot is nonexistence or to inconsistent then there is anime that suck because they are predictable; this anime could be the former but after everything goes to hell (concerning the city) and Gai dies i can't really call what happens next predictable anymore.
Jan 13, 2012 1:37 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing how they rushed the entire past of 3 main characters out of nowhere in one episode, jfc -.-

Meh, enjoyable nevertheless. 4/5.
Jan 13, 2012 1:40 AM
Dec 2011
GC has an interesting concept and had potential, but anything good about this anime really stops there lol

some likable characters (Gai and Segai being the tolerable characters). Shu is a cliched weak protagonist and Inori is just eye candy. Mana dies in like 10 minutes of her being revealed is WTF?

Horrible directing, story telling, bizarre and rushed revelations, massive plot holes

What's next ? Shuu becomes Jesus?
AnimeTroll1088Jan 13, 2012 1:43 AM
Jan 13, 2012 2:46 AM

Sep 2010
Nocturcity said:
That episode failed to bring out ANY emotion in me...I still hate Inori and that Incest flashback was my favorite part.

Pretty much the same for me, only the Incest part was good on this ep.
Jan 13, 2012 2:48 AM

Oct 2011
all i can say is moving - truly one of the best episodes ever!!! surprises galore - really love how this is developing - but where from here? i'm continuously surprised by the amount of people who don't like this - i guess most people these days just love to deconstruct instead of just enjoy - to each their own...........
Jan 13, 2012 2:52 AM

Oct 2010
octal9 said:
all i can say is moving - truly one of the best episodes ever!!! surprises galore - really love how this is developing - but where from here?
Never mind that! What about the city in the following,

How to clean that up? How to account for all the deaths. How to even fix any of this at all. It's like a SC game happened and the Zergs got killed off and the remains of their base. TBH I don't think it will be easy to clean up. Loads of Apocalypse shards all invested everywhere.

This city might be done for.

Jan 13, 2012 2:57 AM

Jan 2008
everyone seems to not like the show or the episode but i just keep craving more. and gai wasn't my fav character but i still think it sucks he died. mana i didn't give an f about. incest out of nowhere was a nice bonus too.

NavyCherub said:
Gai being so young kind of ruins his character for me, a bit. Still a great character, though.

i thought he was older too so i was kinda bummed about that
Jan 13, 2012 3:50 AM

Jun 2008
Wait...wait! what did i just watch?! supahhh powahhh everywhere, is this a RPG?

Mana= incestous shouta hunter. she probably raped little Gai.*shivers*
Shu= here´s my conclusion after 12 eps: shu is not good at defending people. he is not not good at defending himself. But he is good at stabbing people and crying.
Inori= seriously...does that means she is having pseudo incest with Shu?

and the most badass decent chara, the reason why i watched this show satisfied, is gone?! and in such a lame way?!what was the point of making him have chemistry with the rich blonde girl?

oh and two childhood little friends in the middle of a destructed city, where did i see that...oh right. Code geass.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 13, 2012 4:02 AM

Oct 2011
dfsafsaf said:
ppl just seem love to hate this show

I totally agree with you. If people dont like it, they could just stop watching it. the end.
Jan 13, 2012 4:05 AM
Jul 2011
It was a moving episode but I will also drop it if Gai is really gone, I would of stuck with it if it had of been Inori but not Gai, he was the reason I loved the show, and I knew that him and Shuu were the same age, but he does look much older, set up like a seme uke thing, then you ad incest to it, then shonen ai is also possible but not if Gai is dead. That sucks! Oh well I enjoyed it till now but if they killed off Gai they should of ended it there.
Jan 13, 2012 4:18 AM

Feb 2008
Epic soundtrack got even more epic.

In all greatness, I do wonder how the show proceeds. It still was an excellent episode, though.
Jan 13, 2012 4:40 AM
May 2011
I dont see why people are hating on this show... People are thinking too much when they watch those kind of show... I guess everyone like stories where no main character dies even in the middle of an appocalypse because it would be a shame if one of your favorite character died (see pretty much every high rated show)...
Jan 13, 2012 4:50 AM

Dec 2011
Kadryel said:
I dont see why people are hating on this show... People are thinking too much when they watch those kind of show... I guess everyone like stories where no main character dies even in the middle of an appocalypse because it would be a shame if one of your favorite character died (see pretty much every high rated show)...

I second this. There is a fitting anime for your description where no main character die and we call that Bleach.
Jan 13, 2012 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
12th episode was total shock for me. I still can't define whether it was good or bad but the story behind Shu, Mana and Gai was good at the beginning but incest killed it for me. I was looking forward to something way, way better and emotional rather than psycho-infected sister wanting to marry his young brother
Jan 13, 2012 6:16 AM

Feb 2011
Double-edged Episode, just like the show itself.
All of this could be pretty awesome and touching. But the series doesn't really have enough consistency, to expect the viewer to like it. Like it's just sayin "hey, I'm full of plotholes and missing substance, but you have to love the important parts!"
Jan 13, 2012 6:30 AM
Nov 2011
Okay I've read enough hate. Here' is my reaction.

1. Shu and Mana

2. Shu and Lost Christmas

Was I the only one who thought? It just figures. It's Shu's Fault??? I don't mean this in knocking Shu as a Character, but from the flash backs it seems that Shu's actions ma have precipitated lost christmas.

3. Shu and Gai/Triton

4. Segai.

5. Gai's Void

6. Ayase's mech dying.

7. Haruka

8. Aftermath

9. Ratings?

Series isn't over yet and people are rating it? High or low, seems foolish to me.

Edited because I want my thoughts in one place.

10. Gai can hold his own void??

VeretaxJan 13, 2012 6:46 AM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 13, 2012 6:39 AM

Sep 2008
Damn it, Guilty Crown. I still had faith in you a couple of weeks ago. I stood by you despite your silliness and bad characters, and took pleasure in the gorgeus visuals, over-the-top-action and flat out fantastic soundtrack. I said to the haters "you're overreacting, just view it as dumb spectacular fun!".

But in this episode you finally did it. You killed the joy. You took the ABSOLUTE WORST route to proceed the story - mainly reveal that the main characters already knew each other and just forgot about it. It really is one of the laziest ways to put a twist in your story. And on top of that, you killed Gai. Twice. If he was gonna die this episode, why bother pretty much killing him in the previous one also?

But still, I will stand by you Guilty Crown, until the very end. But now the smirk on my face is gone, replaced by a pissed off glare. You can STILL save yourself from utter mediocrity, but I dare not hope. Not anymore.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.