Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 11, 2017 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
They all like Rin now, and she liked being at his parents.
May 9, 2017 5:47 AM

Apr 2015
Glad the family accepted her, but I hope we find out more about her mother

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 9, 2017 7:33 PM

Dec 2016
Glad to know that Dai's parents aren't assholes like I thought.
Jun 12, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
this is so laid back yet so realistic. great slice of life here!

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 23, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2015
This show is more realistic than my life.
Sep 21, 2017 12:12 AM

Jun 2016
Very good episode. :')

Daikichi decided to find Rin's mom, and visited his parents' home where Rin is obviously scared because yeah they were so mean to her back then during grandpa's funeral. Poor baby. I find it really cute when she's following Daikichi everywhere. Hahaha. So clingy, well the kid's scared, too.

Glad Daikichi's mother decided to play with Rin and now Rin feel much more comfortable, and wants to come back there to visit. Awww.

I wonder what's up with the modem, maaan.

Omfg. Rin is so fucking cute with the bunny hair. Hahaha.

"Daikichi, are you going to die before I do?" WAAAAAAH. MY HEART NOOOO! Why am I having a sudden feeling that this show will break my heart in thousand pieces? What the hell!

Aww. Daikichi decided to transfer to another section to have more time with Rin.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 20, 2018 12:35 AM
Mar 2017
MyMiku said:
-Rin is one of the few girls i've seen that regularly wears pants, its weird, but I like it

Wut? o_o

LOL HAHAHA

I thought, that the girl I saw on the train, at some point they would meet and form something ... IT WAS THE SISTER!

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Oct 2018
The way Daikichi challenged his folks about his choice was great he really proved his conviction. Also love how his folks see how happy he is making her, the way she grabs his hand is such a precious image of trust. The way he committed to Rin over his job was so heartwarming, he sees the sunshine she is in his life and knows that he can sacrifice for that little angel & her childcare needs.
Jan 11, 2019 5:35 PM
Apr 2018
Awww, I loved this episode! He has started to turn into a real father
May 15, 2019 12:18 PM

Jul 2016
Liked it, but did not care much about what he did in the job.
May 15, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the chemistry between Rin and the main character, very cute and heart warming, but the episode was a bit boring.
May 15, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2016
Overall I would give it a 4/5
Dec 28, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2018
Ah, ok, these ,5 episodes are specials.. Well, I'll just watch them with next episode.. Like now episode 2,5 and episode 3..
We also did leaves in books.. I don't really remember why though, and if I found it enjoyable or not back in the days.. Why we really do leaves in the books?.. Well, I guess it's like drawing?.. Because I never really liked drawing too much as well.. ;p It was just "alright", but I didn't even like drawing and making things with our hands class, like out of paper with glue or whatever.. But I guess some children like it..
To episode 3..
It's nice to see that Daikichi is talking with other moms around, seeking their opinion and advices.. ;p
Nice to see that other adults managed to play a bit with Rin..
But what I also think.. That Rin needs stability the most now.. Not losing Daikichi after losing father.. If the mother would show up or something, I'm not sure, if it'd be for the best for Rin.. Again the change, again need to get used to someone instead.. If she would be able to do so.. It'd be hard..
Especially as that Masako seemed to be strict and didn't get along with Rin too well.. Well, in this anime I can expect something like this topic of returning mother, which sucks, to be honest..
Changing job for more time is a serious step as well.. Well, I mean, as long as they're still able to pay rent and for things they need.. I don't know, how tough it is in Japan, in his town exactly..
Dec 13, 2020 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
I love how rin and daikichi are amazing at communication so soon, it's best for them to avoid upset and misunderstandings.

the family is slowly accepting rin as their own <3

Jul 27, 2021 1:16 PM

May 2018
so wholesome! I appreciate Daikichi more now for doing the chad move and reducing his work time
Aug 22, 2021 7:47 AM
Aug 2021
Daikichi is improving at getting the hang of his responsibilities. I liked seeing his family warm up as well.
Aug 22, 2021 10:04 PM

Aug 2011
I'm really enjoying this series so far, seeing this unconventional family blooming really warms my heart. It feels like in a way I'm healing from my own issues with my father watching Daikichi care for Rin.

Side note: Rin has amazing fashion!! All her outfits are adorable and I love her flared pants look
desu desu binches
Nov 18, 2021 4:32 AM

Dec 2020
amazing episode, great to see daikichi accomodating for rin’s needs. she is soo cute 😭 her grandma is so sweet too. i also love the specific style right in the beginning

won’t even lie, most of the scenes make me tear up. it is just such a good story.
Dec 5, 2021 7:57 AM

Jun 2020
Really good episode, probably the best till now. That sweat scene was the best part.
May 5, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2021
Man that ending thumbed always gets me, such sweet melancholy.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 11, 2022 9:46 AM

Feb 2019
I'm glad Rin really grew on Daikichi's family. Once you get to know her a bit, you'll realise her being an illegitimate has nothing to do with who she is. She's still a kid, whoever her parents are. Seeing Daikichi's family dote on her was really cute too, including his sister ^^

And yeah, Daikichi's mom was a beauty back in her youth lol
Feb 5, 2023 1:35 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
A kid worry about her own morality at age 6 is absolute warrant for many tears.

Rin's fed up expressions with Daikichi are getting better and better.

And the family warming up to Rin and treating her like his actual daughter is the best suprise. Most shows are so stingy on these type of changes. But I'm glad Daikichi called them out on their behavior. Of course kids are going to be uncomfortable with adults who treated them like THAT. But as someone who loved my grandma to pieces I'm glad Rin has good grandparents. MY HEART.

And Daikichi asking for the demotion at the end had me so, emotional. His office husband wasn't happy about it but WOMP.
Apr 12, 2023 2:47 PM
Apr 2021
I have read the manga,
Jul 28, 2023 11:41 AM

Nov 2010
Is it just me, or do girls that look like his sister with auburn hair dislikes him for some reason? that chick in the subway. Haha

I relate so much to the dying part. It made me tear up a bit. In my case, I'm not scared to die, but I'm terrified at the thought of losing my loved ones. I'm thinking of KMS before that time comes, but it's so hard to do it when I'm still in the right state of mind.
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
Mar 2023
This anime sucks for sure, its original manga ending is dark when you know then- The dad and daughter relationship looks like, Guy 30's grooming his future wife who is still a child, I can't possibly explain how horrible it is. Because of this anime, I am afraid of Josei Anime.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Aug 4, 2011

208 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
Jun 7, 7:04 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

41 by Phantomnocomics »»
May 12, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.