Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 9, 2010 2:33 PM
Mar 2010
People need to start reading the light novels ;;
Oct 9, 2010 2:35 PM

May 2009
DrRoboto said:
God damn, this is already infinitely better than Railgun. I missed you, Touma.
Oct 9, 2010 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
Not bad but nothing really great happened ether. The usual guy takes Index and Touma uses his hand. The fact that the two main leads are the most uninteresting characters doesn't help.

Kaori at the end was probably the best part of the episode in term of plot and excitement.

AlliedG said:
YagokoroEirin said:
KANZAKI KAORI!!!!
*nosebleed*

QFT xD

And also badass and awesome. We need a Toaru Majutsu no Kaori!!
Oct 9, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
herox3 said:
People need to start reading the light novels ;;

Hell yeah.. they sure need to. It's sooooo good. <3

Kingwel said:
NO!! It's the highest masterpiece!!

What you did there. I see it. :)
Oct 9, 2010 3:24 PM

Jul 2010
Next ep will be the start of the complicated church arc x.x
fun but no misaka or accelerator~ Hope we get to see more of the science side this season

billng said:
ITS FINALLY HERE!!!! Time to enjoy more Touma x Misaka. Oh and Stiyl woo!

too bad Touma X Misaka is quite impossible :( maybe after
SigsigOct 9, 2010 3:44 PM
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 9, 2010 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
So this was the omitted part of volume 5, right? Anyway, vol7 starts now so we'll get some Ursula and stuff. Shame that there's gonna be so little Kanzaki
OrochiPLOct 9, 2010 4:39 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 9, 2010 4:52 PM
Sep 2009
Great start, can't wait to see more Misaka Mikoto.
Oct 9, 2010 5:25 PM

Aug 2010
Oct 9, 2010 8:12 PM

Jan 2010
Misaka is getting annoying with her constant blushing... =.=
Oct 9, 2010 11:23 PM

Sep 2009
Great start. It's pretty much a given I'm going to like this. I already forgot what was said before to make Misaka blush like that...might need to re-watch that episode.
Oct 9, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2008
havsie said:
So why is Kotomine in this one?

And why does Kotomine have a picture of older Taiga in his wallet?
Talking about stereotyped male seiyuu.
Somehow not surprised seeing his name in the credit for that character :D
Oct 10, 2010 12:05 AM
Jun 2008
An episode full of lecture, even the old man almost die due to over-lecture.

The best scene in this episode is the audience in the restaurant.They glare at the fight without panic. ehh,its a ftw scene for me anyway.
Oct 10, 2010 12:10 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm... So it covered this part? Sicne I readed Volume seven already (up to chapter4) I thinked that this mini-arc was only in the manga (started from 7~), but it just looks great to see it back, and it also looks that the prologue to chapter 1/2 is gonna be in the nest epísode. :)

Made by me xD

Oct 10, 2010 12:43 AM

Jan 2008
It's about time this series came back. Loved the first episode.
Oct 10, 2010 1:53 AM

Jul 2010
same day a.m

events of the day. 8.31

...Kamijyo-san is too tough
Oct 10, 2010 2:46 AM

Aug 2010
The new Opening is Epic

Oct 10, 2010 2:49 AM

May 2008
Decent episode, though it wasn't that exiting. Seems like Accelerator's gonna have a bigger role assuming from the opening which is great.
Oct 10, 2010 7:41 AM

Nov 2007
zimno said:
events of the day. 8.31

This thing is really useful. Thank you.

So, more Accelerator anyone?
Oct 10, 2010 7:41 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
SamTheNayru said:
Tch, fine. Then I hope he won't have a lot of screentime. :>

then sorry to tell you that he'll get his own arcs in the future lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2010 8:12 AM

Feb 2010
wakka9ca said:
SamTheNayru said:

It's long wait for me when they finally animate
;_;
Oct 10, 2010 8:36 AM

Sep 2010
I think that Worst'll appear only at 3rd season =(
2e16nig.png
Oct 10, 2010 8:41 AM

Apr 2007
Nah, judging by the rate the anime is going, Worst won't be introduced until season 4. lol
Oct 10, 2010 10:58 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
TheMetalOverlord said:
wakka9ca said:
SamTheNayru said:

It's long wait for me when they finally animate
;_;

I think either Worst appears in end of S3 or S4, if they decide to release the side stories in the main series and not in OVAs (that would eat up episode count)

Only thing I didn't like about this episode was that non-novel readers will get confused in the timeline of the events. I hope they explain more in detail everything for non-novel readers (I don't think they did a good job in the first season...it was oversimplified... they didn't even give a good definition of a Grimoire)

Like someone posted a detailed picture explaining everything:
This episode happens during the SAME day Touma got a date with Misaka and Accelerator was trying to save Last Order.

I want SPORTS FESTIVAL arc now. (But Kanzaki arc is awesome too, they should animate her side story too)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2010 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
Aversa said:
blauw said:
ah thanks! i remember more from railgun then index =p
Railgun was aired half a year ago while the original Index was aired more then a year ago so that's obvious.

But how many light novels did t hat cover it seemed in the end to only reach 6ish with some hints at the sports festivel etc?

So how many do we think season 2 covers another 6 so were at 12 lmao leaving room for what 1-2 more seasons if they ever hope to finish what the light novels are doing.?
Oct 10, 2010 11:51 AM

Aug 2008
I saw the new anime and I jizzed in my pants.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2010 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
So how many do we think season 2 covers another 6 so were at 12 lmao leaving room for what 1-2 more seasons if they ever hope to finish what the light novels are doing.?

I think the director or someone said that S2 will animate next 8 novels (in other words, till novel 14). 24 novels have been released at this point, 2 of them being a collection of short stories.
Oct 10, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
Nayrael said:

I think the director or someone said that S2 will animate next 8 novels (in other words, till novel 14). 24 novels have been released at this point, 2 of them being a collection of short stories.

I most likely think they'll do vol 13 and stop then. stopping at vol 12 would be dumb, 'cause 12/13 belong together, like 9/10.
And 14 is a ShortStoryCollection. Vol 8 most likey being left out, because Touma only appears once and Index doesn't appear at all (Railgun volume if you want so).
Oct 10, 2010 3:23 PM

Nov 2008
so probably 3 full seasons at this rate then if it does go to 13 (or 14)
Oct 10, 2010 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
Vol 8 most likey being left out, because Touma only appears once and Index doesn't appear at all (Railgun volume if you want so).

In OP,you can see the main villain of Volume 8. So that volume is getting animated (and it wouldn't make sense to not have it in since it is connected to Accelerator's plot in few ways).
Oct 10, 2010 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
Love the Opening can't wait for next episode, THATS for sure.
Oct 10, 2010 5:01 PM

Feb 2010
Nayrael said:
Vol 8 most likey being left out, because Touma only appears once and Index doesn't appear at all (Railgun volume if you want so).

In OP,you can see the main villain of Volume 8. So that volume is getting animated (and it wouldn't make sense to not have it in since it is connected to Accelerator's plot in few ways).

Hm, did I overlook something?
Oct 10, 2010 5:36 PM

May 2010
Oh man, the rating is dropping for this show!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 10, 2010 5:47 PM

May 2010
Wait can someone tell me will the other level 5s appear? Don't spoil it for me though...
Oct 10, 2010 6:11 PM

May 2010
Nayrael said:
Um, where's Ruiko? She was nowhere to be see in the OP or ED. Don't tell me they decided to scratch her. :(

Unlike Uiharu, Ruiko is an Railgun-only character as far as I know (tough she once made a cameo appearance in novels illustrations) so don't expect to see her.

She had 2 seconds of glory in the first season of Index in the opening song...
Oct 10, 2010 6:14 PM

May 2010
Also, did you guys notice that it happened on August 31st and Railgun ended in August 9th? (In their universe)
Oct 10, 2010 6:16 PM

Feb 2010
Confucius said:
Nayrael said:
Um, where's Ruiko? She was nowhere to be see in the OP or ED. Don't tell me they decided to scratch her. :(

Unlike Uiharu, Ruiko is an Railgun-only character as far as I know (tough she once made a cameo appearance in novels illustrations) so don't expect to see her.

Correct, Saten never appeared in the novels and was invented for Railgun only.

Confucius said:
Also, did you guys notice that it happened on August 31st and Railgun ended in August 9th? (In their universe)

The Railgun anime is just fucked up.
The manga is following the timeline. Someone in this thread posted what exactly happened at that day in this first episode.
Accelerator meeting Last Order.
Touma meeting Biribiri and that Aztec priest.
Touma meeting that man.

Edith: Found it.
zimno said:
same day a.m

events of the day. 8.31

XeoOct 10, 2010 6:20 PM
Oct 10, 2010 8:32 PM

May 2010
Xeo said:
Confucius said:
Nayrael said:

Correct, Saten never appeared in the novels and was invented for Railgun only.

Confucius said:

The Railgun anime is just fucked up.
The manga is following the timeline. Someone in this thread posted what exactly happened at that day in this first episode.
Accelerator meeting Last Order.
Touma meeting Biribiri and that Aztec priest.
Touma meeting that man.

Edith: Found it.
zimno said:
same day a.m

events of the day. 8.31

I thought this episode was on August 31st..
Oct 10, 2010 9:01 PM

Feb 2010
Confucius said:

Yupp, and?
Those 3 incidents all took place on the same day, August 31st.
Touma, Biribiri and that aztec priest.
Touma, Index and that crossbow guy.
Accelerator and Last Order.
Oct 11, 2010 3:50 AM

Sep 2010
index V, index VI, index VII..... =)

I thought the 3rd season will be the last one, if author isn't mad ^^
2e16nig.png
Oct 11, 2010 7:53 AM

May 2008
Gotta say that the first episode wasn't exactly as epic as I thought, but it was nevertheless good =)

I really love the animation, and especially the almost seamless continuation from the first season was awesome :D Can't wait for next ep!
Oct 11, 2010 8:51 AM

Feb 2010
wtf...It went too fast
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 11, 2010 9:58 AM

Sep 2008
Eetscha said:
Gotta say that the first episode wasn't exactly as epic as I thought, but it was nevertheless good =)

I really love the animation, and especially the almost seamless continuation from the first season was awesome :D Can't wait for next ep!
Well to be fair we should compare it to the first episode of season 1. iirc in that episode kamina fought stiyl. There wasn't much too it and kamijo won with a sprinkler. We didn't get to the good stuff until after that first arc was done. In this instance at least the first arc will be good and we only have to sit through a mediocre opening episode.

I know you weren't complaining or anything, that's just what I've been thinking about the issue. It's come up a couple times.
Oct 11, 2010 10:37 AM

May 2010
Xeo said:
Confucius said:

Yupp, and?

What about that arc about Kazakiri Hyouka? And Biribiri meeting with Index? Isn't that another day???
Oct 11, 2010 11:30 AM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:
Xeo said:
Confucius said:

Yupp, and?

What about that arc about Kazakiri Hyouka? And Biribiri meeting with Index? Isn't that another day???
Hyouka takes place after august 31st (can't remember the date, but just shortly directly after this). The hyouka arc is also when Misaka and Index were formally introduced (though I think Misaka had seen kamijo with index in the past. I'd have to check to be sure).
Oct 11, 2010 12:15 PM

May 2010
Gangler said:
Confucius said:
Xeo said:
Confucius said:

Yupp, and?

Hyouka takes place after august 31st (can't remember the date, but just shortly directly after this). The hyouka arc is also when Misaka and Index were formally introduced (though I think Misaka had seen kamijo with index in the past. I'd have to check to be sure).

But then are you telling me we are going back in tme now? Yes biribiri once saw Index, but that was it. She saw her.
Oct 11, 2010 4:52 PM

Apr 2009
Op is meh. Ed is crap. Needs more biriri.
Oct 11, 2010 5:22 PM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:
Gangler said:
Confucius said:
Xeo said:
Confucius said:

Yupp, and?

But then are you telling me we are going back in tme now? Yes biribiri once saw Index, but that was it. She saw her.
Where is the confusion here?august 31st all the events listed earlier. A later date, let's call it September 1st (don't know the date but let's give it a name) Hyouka arc and Misaka is formally introduced to index.

Episode 1 of season 2 takes place on august 31st. Next weeks episode take place on september 8th. After the hyouka arc.
Oct 11, 2010 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
Great start! Need more Kanzaki <333
Oct 11, 2010 10:01 PM

Mar 2010
Index season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the biggest smile on my face. :D So excited! Loved the opening! Mami for the win! Haha, Misaka blushing was hilarious, but Touma booked hard. So pumped for the new season! EP 2 CAN NOT WAIT! XD!
Oct 11, 2010 10:55 PM

Jul 2010
Gangler said:

It happens on September 1st, the next day www

The chronology is here. (Japanese site;recommend the machine translation. )
http://www12.atwiki.jp/index-index/pages/1249.html
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.