Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 9:55 PM
Aug 2018
Only one phrase
ARISE!!!
Mar 30, 10:22 PM
Apr 2015
9/10

The anime delivered the premise of a gamer leveling up his character. The animation was the icing of the cake.

Hope the second season is as good as this one.
Mar 30, 10:29 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
aye that was great!! not a perfect adaptation but a solid 9/10 from me. some moments (especially early on) were excellent.

this ep was great. they could’ve hyped up the “Arise” more but still good. Igris the 🐐 is officially a part of the nakama now

keen for part two whenever that is
Mar 30, 10:32 PM

May 2018
if i look at just this season alone... I'm not impressed. I might feel different about the pacing if they made this a 24+ episode season, treating the first 12 episodes as just an introduction til things get rolling but... they obviously didn't. I feel like I didn't watch any material worth mentioning
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 30, 10:34 PM

May 2018
Reply to phantom346
This show would have been goated if it was a full season like twenty five episodes or even fifty. Every problem I have seen commented in this thread would've been solved with a full adaptation. I don t understand why they did this.
@phantom346 yeah, I agree, I literally just commented the same thing. if I evaluate this as a complete "season", then the pacing and ending are both terrible
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 30, 10:39 PM
Nov 2016
Eff Jeju island. Why bore us with those shitty side characters bla bla every other minute ? Anime only folks don't know those guys and manhwa folks don't care.
And i had to mute half of the episode because of MC's unbearably fucking annoying Voice Actor.

Disappointment max. 1/10 Garbage adaptation. The pace was awful throughout and the above mentioned happened all the time too. They could've easily wrapped this content up in 7 or so episodes.
Mar 30, 10:41 PM

Apr 2016
Lots of good action scenes and a really cool ending to the season with Jinwoo's new necromancer ability
A very good first season, I'll look forward to season 2
Mar 30, 10:59 PM
Feb 2024
"okiro" oh my fucking god he could just marry me already idc if im a guy hes unisexually hot
Mar 30, 11:06 PM
Nov 2021
I understand that hype tends to never live up to expectations, but oh my… this show fell flat. But before I say anything bad, I hope that this series gets a second season. That way this dysfunctional and sleeper story can have a justified reason to exist as a plot “foundation.”

Anyways, there were so many wrong things about this show that I felt like needing improving upon. The way some of the characters are built up is terrible, those poor jump cuts to random characters we know nearly nothing about were annoying and (so far) have no use, and if you didn’t read the manga/manwha like me, you don’t know nearly anything about the current world setting and story this anime never really bothered to show.

The saving grace that kept me watching the show were the decently animated fight scenes and my pure interest of wanting to learn more about the plot, but aside from that, everything felt like a let down or was just flat out bad.

I’m not a hater and I really hope that there is a future for this anime but dude, I was bored of this show from episode 3-12 and I would never watch this again. If there’s a next season, I’m definitely going to watch it as I can tell that there is a little something about this show I find unique and interesting. But please, don’t let it be a sleeper
Mar 30, 11:13 PM
Mar 2023
It was amazing. waiting for next season
Mar 30, 11:19 PM
Feb 2012
the final episode was glories
Mar 30, 11:29 PM
Jan 2021
nice season tho, ready for 2nd season
Mar 30, 11:35 PM
Mar 2021
He finally says it "Arise"🗣️🗣️
Mar 30, 11:36 PM
Oct 2022
Look.. …. ……… ..
anime history .
Mar 30, 11:38 PM

Jan 2019
author fr just narrated himself playing a gacha game and everyone fell for it
Mar 30, 11:44 PM
Aug 2018
I have been saying for years, but, there are three light novels (and adaptation) who are overrated : Shield of hero (except for the first 5-6 episodes), classsroom of elite and Solo Leveling. Both three LN and anime should be rated about 3-4/10. They are that bad.
In regard to Solo Leveling, I have tried the LN, the Manwah and the anime. The LN is so boring, you wonder how this got so much popular. Even the first episode with the double dungeon are nothing special.

Solo Leveling's author is unable to write a single interesting character. He's unable to write a single intersting conversation. You know how a character is interesting ? By giving him some quirk, some interesting stuff. But, in Solo Leveling, everyone is serious all the time. Male character are badly written, but, female character doesn't even exist in this anime. I bet the author he's afraid of writing female charater. In the first 9 episode, 99.9% of screentime was with male character, and the only thing Cha, Hae-In has said was : I refused an offer to join another Guild.

Great dialogue, dude. Amzaing dialogue. Her seiyuu is one of my favorite but she barely talked ! At this point, female character talk less than Komi-san !
Lee, Joo-Hee is basically crying or saying Sung-san with different intonation ! Very profound !
And her sister has not a single interesting line either. It's basically "Oh, I'm afraid to have my weak brother in dungeon" (but still go to school)", to "I was Sooooo afraid", to "Oh, you got taller"
Author has no talent to write any character. Well, I guess the only decent character would be Song, Chi-Yul. Dude at least wanted to protect his team.
Author has also no talent to write a scenario.

Just look at every "plot" :
- Main Character is the weakest but somehow can still manage to pay for him, his sister, and a full-time hospitalisation for years. You know how much cost an hospitalisation a day ? To be able to pay one would mean SJW is in the top 5% earner of the country. Wouldn't that make more sense if her mother would just contracted the disease and then he had to go... as a noobie and it's his first dungeon ? (if you argue that he would not have been to survive the double dungeon because he was not prepared, well, sorry, bowing to a god doesn't need years of prepatation).
- Then, he joins a team, who tries to kill him. But, the reason is the weakest ever. I mean "Yeah, we are going to kill you, because we don't want to pay you". Dude, no one asked you to give them 2 million in the first place. Luckily, opponents are at his level,
- Then, he joins a team (notice how amazing he managed to survive years before and now every single dungeon he joins, sill at E-Rank, would have killed him) who also tries to kill him and luckily opponent is at his level.

Fight are so great, they are basically : SJW is losing, get full heal, win. It's basically an episode of Charmed where they are losing before the advertisement and then they win.
"Oh, How smart am I to keep my full health recovery on stand-by", no one said ever, except Jin-woo.

And since SJW can get infinitely stronger, there is no reason to speed up by going into dungeon without knowing the danger, he could just keep leveling and get 3 points each day.
Solo Leveling is written by an author who can't write character and plot. The only thing he can do is try to come up with situation to get fight out of nowhere.

I have been thinking : In regard to anime about conquering dungeon, is there anything better (well, actually, so much better), than Solo Leveling ? Well, there is Danmachi. Epecially season 4. But, even then,
Danmachi has actual fight where the character is in trouble (minotaur, higher ranking adventurer, deep floor, Juggernaut, floor boss...)
Danmachi has actual interesting character (Lion, Ryuu ; Arde, Liliruca ; Freya)
Danmachi has actual strategy to win fight,
Danmachi has actual waifu and 75% of screentime is women who are actually useful, I mean, please compare Ryuu to Cha, Hae-In... How come they have both 2000 favorites...
Danmachi has actual progression (character and strengh) which seems rewarding and not given by doing sit-up or running around.... Just compare Bell Level 1 and Level 4,
Danmachi is just fun with actual interesing character, lot of waifu (well, maybe a little too much ^_^'), stressful fight, no mechanic to destroy any tension, they actually have to survive a whole season in the deep floor when they are on the brink of death and NO ONE SAVE THEM, no stupid mechanic like "Ok, full health" or "oh don't worry, I have a teleport stone" or "Oh, you killed my brother, don't worry bro, I'm coming in two months, yeah, so you can get stronger, how convenient, right" ?

SLW may we worth a quick look for fight but then you realize there are nothing special. Author can't even come up with good abilities to make fight interesting. When you have My Hero Academa where there is 50 heroes with interesting abilities, Naruto/Bleach/One Piece where there is 30 people with interesting abilities, and in SLW we don't even get one interesting...

No waifu, No interesting plot, No interesting character, No interesting ability.... No good OST (at least I didn't notice one), Average fight which loses a lot of tension because of game mechanic, convenient fight which are always at the right level so SJW win... 4/10 (and I'm generous but I reserved my 1/10 for Classroom of the elite).
Mar 30, 11:59 PM
Dec 2022
WAIT WHY THE ANIMATION THIS EPISODE INSANE
Jeju island time

THE ANIMATION ARGHGHHH is it finaly joever

Necromancer I did not expect that hidden job

HE WONT BE SOLO LEVLELING ANYMORE HE SAIT IT HE SAID IT

Shadow monarch Arise

Igris back yippee

neeeed next season ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Mar 31, 12:13 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Overall satisfying Solo Leveling part albeit it would be better if this were 24 episodes long instead ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 31, 12:16 AM
Jan 2021
season in general is great for people who dont know anything its too slow in my opinion.
Mar 31, 12:18 AM
Nov 2023
arisee lit fireee
Mar 31, 12:22 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The amount of negative reviews is kind of crazy. Not that it matters too much; most probably had their expectations through the roof and were awaiting nothing short of a masterpiece. I would've enjoyed this much less as well if I were in the same mindset, but I wasn't. Yes there isn't much to it, just a guy getting stronger like we've seen a hundred times. But come on, this is doing a basic formula DAMN RIGHT. I rode the hype all the way; it was fun, easy to watch, and I had a blast with every episode.... with some episodes going INSANE like with what we've just witnessed. Only gonna state a small petty nitpick in that I wished the hyped-up "Arise" scene would have more of an impact when he speaks the word. Similar to "Atomic", as some have pointed out. Just to provide a little more "oomph", that's all. But of course what happens in the actual scene is more than enough. I was initially 50/50 on whether or not he would summon Igris, was not sure if he would. But DUH of COURSE he has to, and that he did. Now dude has an army, with an OP general leading the charge.

Anyway yeah this show went hard. 9/10. Bring on the 2nd cour.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 12:53 AM
Apr 2021
It was amazing 10/10 anime
Mar 31, 12:55 AM
Dec 2022
nice story //////
Mar 31, 1:17 AM
Jun 2012
Overall a good production.

I hope they can continue what they have established here. With a season two and beyond.

It has insofar done the source justice in its adaption. Now we need more adaption.
Mar 31, 1:25 AM
Dec 2022
So quick that it's the end already. Hope season 2 won't be far away.

Jinwoo now is a necromancer with the title of shadow monarch. Plus his army of the shadow knights including the fearsome Igris Knight Commander. This should make the next season all that more interesting.
Mar 31, 2:02 AM

Feb 2018
For some reason I was hoping he would say his iconic line in engrish lmao. Welp, guess the next szn is gonna have those bugs like from hxh lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 31, 2:06 AM
Sep 2022
Story is pretty mediocre. Animation is superb. That's all.

Ever since airing of Sword Art Online, I've seen countless isekais with a game menu screen. And their story follows an average MC goes into a game, or a dungeon, or in another world, and becomes the strongest to beat the demon lord. Pretty average story if you're going to compare this, a renowned manhwa called Solo Leveling, to the manga of Jujutsu Kaisen. The story is not interesting in the slightest. Thankfully this anime didn't suffer like the likes of Chainsaw Man did when it was airing.

Honestly speaking, I am not fond of A-1 Pictures animations. I would prefer MAPPA, or Madhouse, or Bones taking this project. The fight scenes of A-1 felt so short, and every time something is cool is about to happen, it would just cut, then black screen, then another shot of a different scene. Compare it to the three studios I said above, that they really specializes in fighting anime, and won't hold back delivering the one scene of a punch to the next scene of the blow, and then to the other scenes when there's enemy flying to the corner, or the wind up animation of the character charging his/her next move.

A side note: The 1st episode should have been an hour long episode. That 24 minutes was so short that it felt like a pretty cheap suspense. There's no need to watch the other scenes of Jinwoo getting out of that dungeon because if he will 'permanently' die from that place, then there's no more worth in continuing the series, right?

But all in all, a big 7/10 for me.
Mar 31, 2:12 AM
Dec 2020
so good!
I can`t wait for season 2:)
Mar 31, 3:22 AM
Oct 2020
This was a very good episode, Although I feel like they spoiled Arise in their announcement of season 2. The animations were good as always. I think the decision to make the shadows 2d was good. Can't wait for the 2nd season. It will only get interesting from here on out..
Mar 31, 3:27 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to akihikosama
So it ended on the job change after all. This was just a set up and the best parts still to come.

Was a bit edgier than I remember but a great adaptation overall. Hopefully they keep up with this quality for season two.
@akihikosama

I really liked how brutal it got at the end. Jin Woo just a fucking maniac/.
Mar 31, 3:29 AM

Feb 2020
Arise? Nah. I prefer "Okiro" 💀

Show was ok at best. It's a fun little edgy show. Fight scenes were dope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 3:37 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime enjoyed it a lot
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Feb 2014
I have to admit, I didn't expect Jinwoo to be offered the Necromancer class at all, which even left him puzzled by the system's recommended class upgrade for him, but in the end, he accepted it. Thanks to the fact that he didn't do his dailies, which saved his life and dealt with the penalty with ease, his comeback victory meant that he got enough points to become a Shadow Monarch.

His new powers look very strong, where he was able to summon shadow soldiers, but the icing on the cake was being able to summon Igris as a shadow soldier. It was nice that Jinwoo kept the same name for Igris.

Overall, for my first ManHwa anime, this was a pretty impressive one. The production values from A-1 Pictures has been superb, which helps to elevate the experience of watching this series weekly. The story isn't the strongest point, but I still enjoy it for what it is.

Considering how the episode ended on a worrying cliffhanger for those heading towards Jeju Island, the second season can't come soon enough. =)

8/10
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Jul 2021
just a build up episode for the next season. didn't have that big bang ending. looking forward to next season.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 31, 4:13 AM
Jul 2015
Says the name of the anime: Meh....

Says "Arise.": Yooooooooo!!! He finally said it! This is as good as a long awaited end season confession in a slice of life romcom! Well, at least to anyone who also read the manwha.

Really though, this whole season has lived up to and exceeded my expectations of being able to match the action as portrayed in the manhwa. I have high hopes for what season 2 will bring, especially with that cliffhanger and also how we now have Igris, the best boy of the show.
Mar 31, 4:18 AM
Jan 2023
Absolutely amazing, seeing the start of of his journey.

Mar 31, 4:21 AM
Mar 2024
The best anime i saw so far. cant wait for the next episodes
Mar 31, 4:42 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
While there have been many complaints about the adaptation, I'm still super happy with how it has all been. I can not wait any longer for a continuation.
Mar 31, 4:47 AM
Jan 2024
i sored a penguine whens i was warking to the shop. It smiled at me ande barked
Mar 31, 4:48 AM
Sep 2020
Love this serie and waiting for new season
Mar 31, 5:14 AM
Mar 2024
Bom top demais SOLÉM IRMAÕS
Mar 31, 5:16 AM
Jun 2023
I can’t wait for the next season.
Mar 31, 5:20 AM

Jul 2020
it was pretty good although the only noticeable fight was the one with the rogue adventurers in episode 6. and that was mostly due to the impeccably selected soundtrack
the rest was just good enough
Mar 31, 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
This shouldn't have been only 12 episodes in the first place. At least a sequel has been confirmed.

Mar 31, 5:42 AM

Jan 2023
i was expecting arise to be a moment where sung jin woo gets up from almost dying and goes sicko mode or something but i guess i was wrong

Mar 31, 5:47 AM
Apr 2021
OKIROU!!🫴🏽 that sounds so much cooler than Arise imo that shit sounded so cold man and legit gave me goosebumps bc I’m so happy I finally got to witness it after reading it in the manhwa back in 2019 man😭😫🔥🔥

The animation was fucking amazing in this episode just like the last episode I’m glad A-1 went crazy with the animation for the last 2 episodes I loved every bit of it and when Igris was walking the way the red cloth or whatever was on his helmet was waving in the wind as he was walking was SOOOOO COLD😩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I heard we’re getting a total of of 06 cours which is so amazing bc 12 just isn’t enough for peak to have and we’re in for a treat with what’s about it come. 10/10 for me i throughly enjoyed this🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥
Treyv0nMar 31, 5:51 AM
Mar 31, 6:00 AM
Jun 2021
is this the arise that everyone was so hyped about. I set mulu expectations way too high
Mar 31, 6:03 AM
Feb 2017
That okiro fell as flat as the adaptation.
Mar 31, 6:09 AM
May 2019
An example of good adaptation from manhwa. Kudos A-1 for delivering good quality of Anime.
Mar 31, 6:24 AM
Jun 2007
Assassin built with

Now hope for S2!
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
8 hours ago

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
Jun 9, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.