Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 11:09 PM

Jun 2021
So glad I could watch this while it's airing. The hype every week is worth the wait
Jan 27, 11:20 PM

Mar 2019
Pretty shallow show so far, but I'm enjoying it. Wish the creatures and bosses he's fought so far were as cool conceptually and design-wise as the one in that second dungeon though. Hope the author plays Dark Souls or something like that.
Jan 27, 11:22 PM
Dec 2019
Amo este anime nunca suelo, ver anime en emision
Jan 27, 11:47 PM
Oct 2021
yeah not bad, i'm actually love it
Jan 28, 12:02 AM
Apr 2020
THE ANIMATION WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!
I am so delighted that Solo Leveling is being done justice, Bravo A1 pictures ❤️‍🔥
Jan 28, 12:07 AM
Aug 2021
i like the animation quality it such a breeze to my eyes
Jan 28, 12:13 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Ventus_S
Yeah, after ep4 I think it's safe to drop this show now since there's no interesting plot left for the show , because it'd follow a super predictable plotline from here.

Our mc, Kirito at home, master Jinwoo has shown to become this op competent guy now in a spam of 1 day combat and a few days of training cuz he has higher stat now :>
All his past harsh experience of failing to fight a Goblin is only because he lacks the stat, not because he never use his brain or hone his combat skill.
It's all because he lacks the stat that he failed so miserably in the past :>

Anyway, kinda lose interest in the story already. Wish those who stay enjoy the animation.
@Ventus_S thanks for tuning in. I’ll personally be enjoying the rest of the show just fine
Jan 28, 12:15 AM
May 2022
That fight scene with the king of the swamp was epic asf and than tosing the broken the sword @ the Golem was just marvellous
Can't wait for the Next Episode...
Jan 28, 12:23 AM
Jan 2023
Absolutely amazing!
Jan 28, 12:26 AM

May 2019
they were really boxing towards the end. Excited to see more worldbuilding
Jan 28, 12:30 AM
May 2022
Reply to poemofdevil
Pretty shallow show so far, but I'm enjoying it. Wish the creatures and bosses he's fought so far were as cool conceptually and design-wise as the one in that second dungeon though. Hope the author plays Dark Souls or something like that.
@poemofdevil Ohhhh yeah there's def a dark souls reference in this anime mate
Jan 28, 12:38 AM
Apr 2020
They're abusing of the use of the OST. I don't get why to used it in the fight against the wolves, it took impact from the fight against the snake.
Jan 28, 12:49 AM

Jan 2017
Wow Jinwoo's evolution. Now he already has muscles...
Jan 28, 1:21 AM
Nov 2012
I enjoyed this episode, but I would've liked it a lot more if it didn't feel the need to verbally explain even the most obvious things. It happened a lot this episode, which took me out of it a bit.
Jan 28, 1:36 AM
Jul 2022
Soundtrack, animation, voice acting. Everything that was needed in this episode A-1 studios delivered.
Jan 28, 1:50 AM
May 2020
I like the character development
Jan 28, 1:54 AM
Jan 2021
proud of my man jinwoo
brainburgerFeb 5, 7:54 PM
Jan 28, 2:04 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
fuck me sideways that was freaking awesome

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 28, 2:05 AM

Mar 2023
Insanely good animation. Impeccably so. Chainsaw Man... Jujutsu Kaisen... I'm starting to see a pattern of seasonal shows given the "film animation" treatment. Seems like animation this spectacular would have been reserved for high-budget films, maybe a decade ago. But this new trend seems to be the result of anime becoming an internationally mainstream phenomenon and the bar being continuously risen. This was the best animated episode yet, and I cannot fathom how we've reached a point in our history where art of this caliber can be produced. Seems borderline rotoscoped—some shots look like the FPS was boosted—the fluidity of movements and creative dynamic angles and perspectives, it's beautiful.

The pacing is magnificent. Fight scenes are either filled with dialogue or end after one or two punches. Most anime cut corners when it comes to fight scenes: a character will throw a punch, the screen will turn black, and then we're shown the outcome—the enemy lying on the floor, etc etc. But in this anime, we see everything. Every motion carried out is depicted frame-by-frame. Every single punch thrown, every single sword swung, is animated in glorious detail. And the action just keeps coming. The second the MC takes a hit and finds his bearing, another attack is already being cast toward him. I loved when he got hit by the serpent's tail—the second he recovered himself and looked up, an entire train was flying toward him. I'm so used anime fight scenes of which Character A throws a punch, Character B dodges, and then they share a 5 minute dialogue. Or in this case, the serpent would lunge—the MC would have a 2 minute flashback, a 1 minute epiphany dialogue—then he'd miraculously end the duel with (a freeze frame shot of) an uppercut. But THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. A fast-paced no-breather no-holds-barred nail-biting gloriously executed action sequence is animated in all its splendor. Again—would never guess this S-tier quality could be found outside of a high-budget film.

Also, the MC's voice actor is next level. I feel it's not often you hear an adult male anime character constantly screaming. The VA's vocals must've been all torn and raw afterward. I guess I've become numb to characters NOT grunting or yelling during combat—I've been so conditioned to feel that way after so many action-oriented anime....but when finally confronted with a "realistic" (so to speak) vocal delivery during a fight scene, it seems surreal. Even in Episode 2 when he was screaming while being killed by the giants, I was hyper-fixated on the shrieking delivery, as it's seldom seen to that degree. Usually when anime characters are injured, they just grit their teeth without making a sound (or go, "tch" or "khh")... but this MC really reacts to all his injuries, or belts out a battle cry whenever he's casting forth his weapon. Extra points for conveying panting and exhaustion so well, as well as the anger and desperation when he lands his killing blow on the serpent. The meek nice guy turning into a vengeful demonic entity after being pushed to the brink is captivating.
WaifuSandwichJan 28, 2:09 AM
Jan 28, 2:08 AM
Nov 2020
Everything has been spot on!! The voice acting got incredible at the end there, with the guttural tone on “I need to get stronger”. It reflected the emotions shown in the manwha perfectly.
Jan 28, 2:11 AM

Oct 2016
This episode did a good job at portraying how much Jinwoo has evolved over a short period of time. Very hype and entertaining. (9.5/10)
Jan 28, 2:25 AM
Dec 2023
It's cool and all, but it's mobile rpg mechanic is just lame. Why not atleast keep it just as interface elements for easier progress visualization instead of making it op where you can do absolutely everything
Jan 28, 2:30 AM
Jun 2021
the best start of anime i have seen
Jan 28, 2:39 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to BetaMaleUltra
fuck me sideways that was freaking awesome
@BetaMaleUltra

As an anime only I am really enjoying this. Very refreshing way of using video games in a story. I am super intrigued as to what the freaky god thing was that gave him this piower as well.
Jan 28, 3:20 AM
May 2023
Amazing animation and cool fights
Jan 28, 3:29 AM
Jul 2022
Great episode ! Loved it
Jan 28, 3:41 AM
Apr 2018
First reading, and now watching Jinwoo getting stronger. It never ceases to amaze me.
Animation is good, but I expected it to be on par with OPM. Anyway, it's good as it is now.
Jan 28, 4:00 AM
Jun 2019
props to jinwoo's VA for sacrificing his vocal chords for giving us this performance
Jan 28, 4:25 AM
Jan 2023
IT WAS AMAZING AND THE ANIMATION IS SUPER AWESOME
Jan 28, 4:47 AM
Sep 2015
By a long shot this is the best episode so far, seeing him triumph that was so satisfying.
Jan 28, 5:31 AM
Nov 2019
mulai bertambah kuat
My Candies :
Jan 28, 5:37 AM
Jan 2023
the animation music and the voice acting was fire
Jan 28, 5:43 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Jackson1333
Sigh, this is why I'm not a fan of adding video game mechanics to your fantasy show. Guy puts all his stats into strength, then proceeds to get smashed through concrete walls, and flung across the room countless times with no damage, despite not investing anything in vitality. He even says if he takes a direct hit it would kill him, lol. I guess those were all indirect hits? And he keeps commenting on how good his perception skill is, despite not putting anything into perception.

Still enjoying the show, just going to have to ignore the video game "logic"
Jackson1333 said:
Sigh, this is why I'm not a fan of adding video game mechanics to your fantasy show. Guy puts all his stats into strength, then proceeds to get smashed through concrete walls, and flung across the room countless times with no damage, despite not investing anything in vitality. He even says if he takes a direct hit it would kill him, lol. I guess those were all indirect hits? And he keeps commenting on how good his perception skill is, despite not putting anything into perception.

- Every time he levels up all his stats go up by one. So his perception went from 10 to 27 without using any points on it.
- Strength makes him more durable because he's physically stronger. Think of it like armor or defense. The snake didn't do enough damage to overcome SJN's defenses so his health didn't drop significantly. There are different types of attacks, blunt and piercing. The snake did blunt attacks with its body.
- He said he could die from one hit from the snake because he has no idea how strong he has become. SJW went from E rank to C rank in a day. It takes time to adjust to his new body. He also forgot about the inventory and his poison immunity because this is very new to him and he needs time to take it all in.
YaggamyJan 28, 7:19 AM
Jan 28, 6:20 AM
Oct 2019
WTF,What happen with this rate anime 8,4 rate bruh really dude.
Jan 28, 6:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a much better paced episode.
Jan 28, 6:35 AM

Jul 2019
Reply to Yaggamy
Jackson1333 said:

- Every time he levels up all his stats go up by one. So his perception went from 10 to 27 without using any points on it.
- Strength makes him more durable because he's physically stronger. Think of it like armor or defense. The snake didn't do enough damage to overcome SJN's defenses so his health didn't drop significantly. There are different types of attacks, blunt and piercing. The snake did blunt attacks with its body.
- He said he could die from one hit from the snake because he has no idea how strong he has become. SJW went from E rank to C rank in a day. It takes time to adjust to his new body. He also forgot about the inventory and his poison immunity because this is very new to him and he needs time to take it all in.

There is no point in even replying to your other points anymore, because any arguments I had are made moot by this information.
Jackson1333Jan 28, 4:55 PM
Jan 28, 6:36 AM

Nov 2014
That was some good action. Ngl, this anime is making up for that weak early impression.
Jan 28, 6:51 AM
Jun 2007
One solo dungeon, he managed to level up so much.
Pretty good pace right now.
Jan 28, 7:28 AM

Nov 2023
Fine ep I think. Not to say much, direction tries to make it emotional especially during clashes, but it's hard to get invested knowing MC will always survive anyway.
Jan 28, 8:13 AM
Jan 2024
The cap is interesting but I don't like the history
Jan 28, 8:16 AM
Feb 2018
they are building the hype slowly
Jan 28, 8:33 AM
Apr 2021
this episode was soo hype. the fight sequence was goosebump inducing and the animations were soo smooth and clean, and ofcourse hiroyuki sawano just never misses. the show definitely leveled up with this episode haha.
Jan 28, 8:37 AM

Aug 2020
By the way the pace is going, I wonder till what arc they will adapt. In any case, he's gotten stronger and killed the monster with his first throw. A hint to his strength that's about to come.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 28, 8:48 AM
Feb 2017
I'm very excited for what's to come
Jan 28, 9:00 AM
Dec 2022
very cool stuff big man vs big snake is very cool
Jan 28, 9:01 AM

Sep 2014
Reply to Yaggamy
Comander-07 said:
This was actually good! Though the Lycans beeing written in red yet going down relatively easy/1 hit while the boss was orange was weird. I guess he was intimidated by the design though, since he literally crushed it bare handed.

Magical energy is the only thing that is measurable in this world, other stats are not.
Think of it like a geiger counter. It can tell you the radiation level of the item, but not its other stats: size/weight/density.

Stats are somewhat close to each other, there's no big divination. An S rank healer has the strength of an A rank fighter for example.
Because of this magical energy is a good overal indicator for how strong something is.
But SJW went all-in on strength, he could punch above his weight class. The system compared his magical energy to the enemy's when deciding the color of the name on the screen.
@Yaggamy Thats interesting, but doesnt change he one shotted a dozen "red" lycans but struggled more with the "orange" snake. Given by what the anime has actually established, this just doesnt work out
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 28, 9:21 AM

Jan 2024
Nice episode, was over in a blink of an eye unfortunately haha. MC is changin so fast
Jan 28, 9:52 AM
Nov 2022
Whenever the episode ends I want to see more xd, maybe I'll start reading the mahwa
Jan 28, 9:53 AM
May 2019
Redemption episode. MC's power scaling kicks in to move the plot along and he goes from weak as hell to definitively stronger than his peers at the lower ranks within the span on 20 minutes of watching. Curious to see if his power scaling will be respectable or it will be as heinous as #BleachSCALING
Jan 28, 9:53 AM
Jan 2017
To be honest, I got goosebumps watching this episode.

and I was very critical of the manga too, being a drawn to death power fantasy.

but the animation here is really amazing, bringing the story to life and surpassing the source material.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

72 by Fallen_Core »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.