Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 8, 11:54 AM

Nov 2018
Another banger episode.
This season is just cherry on the top.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 10, 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
i knew it !! since s1 this anime gonna be banger !!!
Feb 11, 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
The dad is a gamer that can barely communicate and is actually awkward though he seems terrifying to others. What did the author mean by this?
Feb 13, 10:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cute and hilarious at the same time. The father is of course a total Chad but utterly socially awkward.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 19, 5:58 PM

Sep 2021
The best episode of the season, which doesnt mean much. Still not good enough to keep me going. I was thinking about not even starting this season, but S1 ended on a good note, so I decided to give it another chance. Turns out, it merely continues the decline it was on towards the end of S1 (with the exception of EP 12).

Therefor, I'll keep my review short. It's pretty much the same as for S1. They reduced the horny and cringy moments a bit, but they are still there. And aside from 1 or 2 emotional moments from Anna, the show is just boring.

A very generic rom-com with one big downside. 3/10.

On a funny note, I still don't get what people see in this - which I usually do, even for most of my 2s and 3s. Is it so great to self-insert into Anna's future boyfriend?

Anyway, I need to go find a highly rated show I actually like now, so restore my faith in humanity. Or rather, the anime comunity.
Feb 19, 6:21 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Bisalissy
The best episode of the season, which doesnt mean much. Still not good enough to keep me going. I was thinking about not even starting this season, but S1 ended on a good note, so I decided to give it another chance. Turns out, it merely continues the decline it was on towards the end of S1 (with the exception of EP 12).

Therefor, I'll keep my review short. It's pretty much the same as for S1. They reduced the horny and cringy moments a bit, but they are still there. And aside from 1 or 2 emotional moments from Anna, the show is just boring.

On a funny note, I still don't get what people see in this - which I usually do, even for most of my 2s and 3s. Is it so great to self-insert into Anna's future boyfriend?

Anyway, I need to go find a highly rated show I actually like now, so restore my faith in humanity. Or rather, the anime comunity.
@Bisalissy You will never get it, and you will never will.
Mar 3, 5:14 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Bisalissy

@Bisalissy it's not the community fault, it just ur taste sucks. U probably think that mid sxf as the best anime.
Mar 5, 9:37 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to Johntyson31
@Bisalissy it's not the community fault, it just ur taste sucks. U probably think that mid sxf as the best anime.
@Johntyson31 Incidentally, Spy X Family is the 4th best anime I've ever seen.

Also, love to see you attack my taste over me saying I dislike the show. U probably the kind a kid who takes every opinion diffrent from yours as a personal offense.
Mar 6, 1:01 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Bisalissy
@Johntyson31 Incidentally, Spy X Family is the 4th best anime I've ever seen.

Also, love to see you attack my taste over me saying I dislike the show. U probably the kind a kid who takes every opinion diffrent from yours as a personal offense.
@Bisalissy what a kid,u're the one who blame the community because u have different taste lol
Mar 6, 7:07 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to Johntyson31
@Bisalissy what a kid,u're the one who blame the community because u have different taste lol
@Johntyson31 I don't blame anyone. I just state my opinion and experience.

If you refer to the last sentence, that's just a gag to close off my review. Sorry if that wasn't obvious.
Mar 7, 11:44 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Bisalissy

Bisalissy said:

If this show is generic to you, then I'm curious what rom-com you consider not generic...

Bisalissy said:

You don't get it, or you don't want to get it. It's fine. You don't have to like it. Just move along and watch something else. No need to make condescending assumptions about the viewers who love the show.
Mar 7, 2:26 PM

May 2015
I really hope we see more of Ichikawa and Yamada's dad hanging out. Them playing games together would be cute especially since Ichikawa doesnt have any male friends. Speaking of, its so nice to see Ichikawa getting along with the rest of the girls like friends. He can more casually talk to them now.

I'm surprised by Yamada's mam as her first reaction was negative but she seems fine with everything as it seems she's figured it all out.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 7, 7:18 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to Swiss_Bohemian
Bisalissy said:

If this show is generic to you, then I'm curious what rom-com you consider not generic...

Bisalissy said:

You don't get it, or you don't want to get it. It's fine. You don't have to like it. Just move along and watch something else. No need to make condescending assumptions about the viewers who love the show.
Swiss_Bohemian said:

Anything that goes beyond the basic formula. Which is the two main characters meeting, having a series of romantic interaction and inner monologues until they finally realize their mutual feelings which were obvious since the very beginning. This continues as they make progress with holding hands, kissing, confessing and so on.

So in order to separate from the generic rest, a show just has to put up anything unique. Be it Shikimori-san with the already exsisting couple & focus on friendship, Kaguya-sama's Narrator gags, WataOshi's Isekai setting... Even Nagatoro, which can be generic at times, has a lot of iconic moments in the artstyle and the teasing comedy from Nagatoro and her friends.

Swiss_Bohemian said:

In this case I just don't get it. "Don't want to get it" is, in my case, for shows like Akiba Maid War or Jujutsu Kaisen's most recent Arc, where I'm quite aware what the people like about it and wish I wasn't.

And on that note, I didn't mean to be condescending. There are shows that very much work around self-inserting and that is okay. I'm just not sure if this is one of them and if that is the reason it's popular.
Mar 8, 8:31 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Bisalissy
Swiss_Bohemian said:

Anything that goes beyond the basic formula. Which is the two main characters meeting, having a series of romantic interaction and inner monologues until they finally realize their mutual feelings which were obvious since the very beginning. This continues as they make progress with holding hands, kissing, confessing and so on.

So in order to separate from the generic rest, a show just has to put up anything unique. Be it Shikimori-san with the already exsisting couple & focus on friendship, Kaguya-sama's Narrator gags, WataOshi's Isekai setting... Even Nagatoro, which can be generic at times, has a lot of iconic moments in the artstyle and the teasing comedy from Nagatoro and her friends.

Swiss_Bohemian said:

In this case I just don't get it. "Don't want to get it" is, in my case, for shows like Akiba Maid War or Jujutsu Kaisen's most recent Arc, where I'm quite aware what the people like about it and wish I wasn't.

And on that note, I didn't mean to be condescending. There are shows that very much work around self-inserting and that is okay. I'm just not sure if this is one of them and if that is the reason it's popular.
Bisalissy said:

I see where you're coming from, but BokuYaba is not generic at all in that regard. Yamada is *not* in love with Ichikawa for at least six episodes and Ichikawa realizes his feelings just at the end of ep. 3. If the show truly were as generic as you think it is, it wouldn't have become that popular in just its first season. I all comes down to execution and believability. The progression of their relationship feels natural and fresh. They start out as classmates, then as friends, then they make a step further and become an unofficial couple, and so on. It's the journey and all its little details which are interesting and unique, at least to me, and I'm all in it.

The shows you cited like Shikimori and Nagatoro are certainly entertaining but ultimately less interesting to me because I've seen similar premises with the "strong girl, weak boy" archetype elsewhere (especially in manga form) & they are way more based on self-inserting than BokuYaba (Sempai in Nagatoro f.e. doesn't even have a real name!) and Kaguya-sama's Narrator gags is the kind of tsukomi boke humor which I'm not be biggest fan of.

Mar 17, 2:17 PM

Mar 2010
AH right I keep forgetting he is just a kid, his balls barely have any pubes on em kek, but for a kid he is slowly getting his manhood. His meeting with her parents is awkard as any given meeting with parents, shit never gets unawkard.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 24, 8:11 AM

Feb 2021
That was unexpected when Her father is a gamer XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 1, 2:11 PM

Aug 2019
surprised me when he just admited he likes yamada to her sister. also telling yamada to not make chocolate for the other boys? is he going for it now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 1:31 PM
Feb 2024
Muy bien estructurado y con buen contexto además de la buena inclusión de los nuevos integrantes
Apr 16, 5:12 AM
Jan 2023
Damn, that was eventful. Valentines day is coming and chocolate is going to be made, and at Yamada's place.

Turns out her father is a giant, and the one that Ichikawa bumped into before.

Ichikawa also realises in this episode that he wants to be Yamada's boyfriend.

This is so sweet that it's probably not good for my health!
Apr 30, 11:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I knew Yamada tall genes had to come from someone!! xD
Fun and enjoyable episode, but the first one from this season was still the most emotional one for me.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.