Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 31, 2023 8:03 AM
Apr 2023
Embient said:
Why did Elinalise go with Rudeus to the university tho? Will she also enroll or something?
She on her own mission to get all those uni boys
Jul 31, 2023 8:06 AM
Apr 2023
V1P3R0P said:
Oh hell yeah!! Bro just squashed that red wyvern like its some kind of a bug. Only annoying part was Elinalise's scenes being either muted or still framed. Well, its nothing new, gotto wait for the BDs.
muted? I clearly hear her moaning to the point I even reduce my Headset volume
Jul 31, 2023 8:08 AM
Dec 2019
Rudeus is finally going to school and he's gonna see Sylphie. He's finally going to get his ed cured.
Jul 31, 2023 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
MarshallLeeee said:
I might have missed it but why did Elinalise stay with Rudeus? I thought she was just going to deliver a message to him.

Last episode of season one had Elinalise, Roxy and Thalmond (was that written this way) split up at the demon continent with each party going on their respective tast to re-unit the Greyrat household. Roxy and Thalmond went to see Paul and take him to free Zenith and Elinalise is going for Rudeus. Her mission isn't over and she doesn't seem very pressed on stressing him at all since in her eyes Roxy and co are taking care of it so she stays along for the ride. Being close to him as an S-Rank adventurer also makes sure he doesn't get offed somewhere.
Jul 31, 2023 8:40 AM
Nov 2018
I almost forgot what a special place in my heart, I have for this anime. This episode reminded me. It is truly special!! Good God bless this show.
Jul 31, 2023 9:12 AM
Jun 2022
Just another amazing episode.
Jul 31, 2023 9:36 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
i see rudeus is still praying to the holy relic
mushoku tensei is the goat
cant wait for this next arc to start 

Jul 31, 2023 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
I swear the only thought that crosses my mind whenever I see Elinalise on-screen is whether STDs are a thing in this world or not 💀

Well, it seems some sacrifices had to be made, given they decided to spend the episode's budget in the Red Dragon fight and not in Elinalise receiving it from behind. Those still-frames sure looked awkward as hell.

OK episode, I guess. Kinda cringe with all the ED reminders + Elinalise being MT's #1 slut but at least it seems the story will finally resume its course once again.
That "Erectile Dysfunction" pronunciation tho. VA was struggling.
Jul 31, 2023 10:07 AM
Aug 2020
Now I know why the manga skipped this volume. Absolutely nothing important happened here.
Jul 31, 2023 10:23 AM

Nov 2021
Rudeus can literally train every single part of his own body, but when it comes to his 2nd brain, it's laying there dead like a tree

Jul 31, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi is going to Ranoa to get his mojo back
Jul 31, 2023 11:34 AM
Mar 2020
we move to the highschool arc now 
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 AM

Aug 2019
I really do hope he gets cured, that illness is something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy
Jul 31, 2023 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
This is beyond pathetic, it's pitiful 

Couldn't do it with fine girl Elinalise but have to hear her doing it with other guys everyday everynight. I'm starting to wonder what exactly is his purpose in life
Jul 31, 2023 12:32 PM
Jul 2020
Arkaniet said:
MarshallLeeee said:
I might have missed it but why did Elinalise stay with Rudeus? I thought she was just going to deliver a message to him.

Last episode of season one had Elinalise, Roxy and Thalmond (was that written this way) split up at the demon continent with each party going on their respective tast to re-unit the Greyrat household. Roxy and Thalmond went to see Paul and take him to free Zenith and Elinalise is going for Rudeus. Her mission isn't over and she doesn't seem very pressed on stressing him at all since in her eyes Roxy and co are taking care of it so she stays along for the ride. Being close to him as an S-Rank adventurer also makes sure he doesn't get offed somewhere.

Thanks for answering.
Jul 31, 2023 12:48 PM
Sep 2021
They animated man-god so well in this episode, the VA and quirkiness alongside the silly dancing and humming made me laugh so hard. Like imagine giving someone life advice while hitting the griddy lmao
Jul 31, 2023 1:02 PM
Jul 2017
I think I don't like the school thing. I like this anime because even though is an isekai, its history is original and have very interesting plot, but now it looks like the writers are out of ideas and then apply an easy and known anime trope
Jul 31, 2023 1:46 PM

Dec 2019
S1l3ntHunt3r said:
I think I don't like the school thing. I like this anime because even though is an isekai, its history is original and have very interesting plot, but now it looks like the writers are out of ideas and then apply an easy and known anime trope
I actually think its a refreshing change of pace in this scenario. Rudeus has been adventuring 24/7 and clearly it's been exhausting on him for various reasons, ever since the Teleportation incident. 5 years of just being on the road and having to deal with a lot along the way, whether it was the fight with Paul, being in prison at the forest, Eris/Sara, etc. The school arc actually gives him a breather by letting him heal himself, learn more about the world through education, build potential long-term friendships that he never properly got to build and find a way to make progress with his life. Don't think the writers are out of any ideas at this stage. The history and plot will be more relevant down the line, but for now, bro needs a change of pace in his life.

Plus his original life was ruined at school first so this is his second chance at school to repair that part and adapt their properly.
Jul 31, 2023 2:27 PM
Oct 2021
Having read the novel, it is technically a school arc but it doesn't feel like one.  Instead, it feels like an opportunity  to develop key characters for later in the story and to develop Rudy.  After all, I never saw this as a redemption story but more of a story about how one who shuts himself away from society learns to become a productive member of it so school is the natural next step towards that end.  Any anime onlies who think they can predict this story are going to inevitably be wrong.  There will always be that episode or scene or set of episodes that has been set up by some comment or scene earlier that appears to come out of left field.  Every word of every conversation especially with the Man-God has plot relevance but not always in the way you think it does so, right now, everyone is focusing on the ED as the shiny new thing when the real issue is something subtly revealed and largely ignored until it hits you in the face and you think "aha!, so that was it all along." Rifujin is a genius at using shocking plot devices, usually involving sex, to distract the audience from the surprise set up for later.
Jul 31, 2023 2:39 PM
Jun 2023
Amazing, nice to see Rudeus getting back on his feet
Jul 31, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2018
Feels like the show is starting to hit its stride now.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 31, 2023 4:56 PM
Mar 2023
From this episode I learned that:
(a) Elinalise is a really hot waifu
(b) Magic University cures erectile dysfunction
Interesting...
Jul 31, 2023 6:05 PM

Dec 2019
Arkaniet said:
MarshallLeeee said:

Think it's Talhand, not Thalmond but the rest of it is fairly accurate, although she does also have her own personal reasons too adding to that for joining.
Jul 31, 2023 6:46 PM
Jan 2020
Finally! It time for Ranoa Magic University which covers best parts of this series. The two beast girls alone is worth it.
Jul 31, 2023 6:57 PM
Sep 2020
The quality and budget has gone down but it's still amazing that a series not as well known as Mushoku Tensei is becoming a classic, If this had come out somewhere near 2015 im sure it would be mainstream
Jul 31, 2023 7:24 PM
May 2017
Elinalise is both a caring, friendly and supportive girl to Rudeus and a little harlot for every other man around her.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 31, 2023 8:04 PM
Nov 2019
So unless I misunderstood something, Paul's group knows where Zenith is and that's why Rudy decides it's ok for him to go to the University instead right?
Jul 31, 2023 9:24 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh Rudeus dominated that red dragon.

Look Rudeus looks pretty uncomfortable (and envious lol) with how Elinalise is, but tbh I also feel uncomfortable watching those situations xD. Maybe Rudeus would've tried something with her if he didn't have that ED problem lol.

I wonder if Rudeus tried to make up with his previous party, he was around for a while in Basherant after all. We never got to see this in the anime or manga, but maybe it happened in the LN. Though the whole part with them never happened at it in the manga looking back lol.

Looks like the fantasy school arc is coming up o:

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 31, 2023 11:26 PM

Nov 2007
Penguinu said:

I wonder if Rudeus tried to make up with his previous party, he was around for a while in Basherant after all. We never got to see this in the anime or manga, but maybe it happened in the LN. Though the whole part with them never happened at it in the manga looking back lol.

The light novel has a Sara POV epilogue to the situation that goes over everything that was on her mind about meeting Rudy and also

AnimeNerd99 said:
So unless I misunderstood something, Paul's group knows where Zenith is and that's why Rudy decides it's ok for him to go to the University instead right?

Yes. In the last episode in season 1 Roxy meets Kishirika the little Demon Loli with the Demon eyes and asks her where Zenith and Rudy are. With that information the group splits to inform the rest of the Family and get Zenith. They also know that she is save and labyrinth diving so they aren't pressed for time.

Jul 31, 2023 11:48 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode with a little humor. Elinalise is my kinda girl.
Aug 1, 2023 12:00 AM

Jan 2017
Gotta say, while I haven't personally had nearly as negative of an opinion on this second season as I see from most people (I've actually loved it so far), this episode was refreshing and renewed my almost faltering confidence in it. Such a damn good episode that really hones in on the qualities that makes this show outstanding from the character shots to the inner dialogue and more. In other words, this was the Mushoku Tensei I've been waiting for, and I can't wait to experience the next part of Rudeus' journey.
Aug 1, 2023 3:39 AM
Apr 2023
animejas said:
kkkh7 said:
i am not a LN reader but it feels like some good part of the story is omitted
This episode didn't omit much, was definitely the best paced episode this cour so far. There were little omissions in the some of the other episodes but nothing too important besides one thing that would have improved one character for sure.
ic thanks for telling i guess that certain character would have been the girl 'sara'  
Aug 1, 2023 4:41 AM

Jul 2019
4 episodes to establish that rudy has ED, thank god that's over., now we can finally get to what was promised.

Also, I'm a huge fan of ecchi, but worshiping panties is super weird. It was one thing when he kept them as kind of a a safety blanket and would just touch them for comfort, as a reminder of roxy, but the shrine and prayer was just a step too far for me.
Aug 1, 2023 5:01 AM
Jan 2020
Horney elf time :)
Aug 1, 2023 7:45 AM
Jun 2007
Rudeus killed red dragon, Elinalise with her high s*x drive, Rudeus met Man God on his ED and now they moving to university!
Aug 1, 2023 9:45 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! VA Rie Tanaka's moans is so ERO!!! HAHAHA!
5/5.

Aug 1, 2023 10:24 AM
Nov 2020
bro this next arc better be fire, depression arc was cool and all but it felt kinda bad
Aug 1, 2023 12:43 PM

May 2014
Man, this series doesn’t dissapoint. Rudeus becoming a stoic out of necessity…

I sure wonder what would’ve happened if Rudeus went to see his family first.
Aug 1, 2023 1:55 PM
Sep 2019
Don't judge me
I really wanted Rudeus to Smash Elinalise and like... having his erectile dysfunction getting healed by her horniness 🤦🏻‍♂️🌚
I know she's a bitch and not loyal but both would've made a good pair 😅
Aug 1, 2023 4:32 PM
Apr 2020
I have no idea who Cliff Grimoire is but I can tell from the one frame he had he's gonna be my fav bc look at how pretty!!!

Also I love seeing Elinalise back she's such a sweet big sister figure~~ And it's kinda funny how she, the most sexiest character, shows up when Rudy just found out about his ED

I'll never understand the pain of having ED but I'd imagine it'd be extremely difficult, especially when you just want a close relationship but so scared to do so. And I'm glad this anime is tackling this issue because so many men these days have it but won't know how to deal with it.

I can't wait to see my Rudy grow and hopefully learn to trust others again!! I also can't wait for his reunion to Sylphie and how he'd get along with Ariel~
Aug 1, 2023 5:32 PM
Nov 2022
Bueno el resumen del mato dragones, ya no se me para el pene, ahora una elfa bien caliente conmigo y voy recuperar mi virilidad.

Well the summary of I kill dragons, my penis no longer stops, now a very hot elf with me and I will recover my manhood.
Aug 1, 2023 6:13 PM

Jul 2017
KawaiiKittenz said:
I have no idea who Cliff Grimoire is but I can tell from the one frame he had he's gonna be my fav bc look at how pretty!!!

Also I love seeing Elinalise back she's such a sweet big sister figure~~ And it's kinda funny how she, the most sexiest character, shows up when Rudy just found out about his ED

I'll never understand the pain of having ED but I'd imagine it'd be extremely difficult, especially when you just want a close relationship but so scared to do so. And I'm glad this anime is tackling this issue because so many men these days have it but won't know how to deal with it.

I can't wait to see my Rudy grow and hopefully learn to trust others again!! I also can't wait for his reunion to Sylphie and how he'd get along with Ariel~

Did you watch the OVA from season 1? Since that OVA did focus somewhat on introducing Cliff, before he joined the University. where he encountered Eris.
Aug 1, 2023 6:16 PM
Apr 2020
animejas said:
KawaiiKittenz said:

Did you watch the OVA from season 1? Since that OVA did focus somewhat on introducing Cliff, before he joined the University. where he encountered Eris.

I plan to watch it later today~~ Thanks for letting me know!!
Aug 1, 2023 6:19 PM

Jul 2017
MangagnaM said:
S1l3ntHunt3r said:
I actually think its a refreshing change of pace in this scenario. Rudeus has been adventuring 24/7 and clearly it's been exhausting on him for various reasons, ever since the Teleportation incident. 5 years of just being on the road and having to deal with a lot along the way, whether it was the fight with Paul, being in prison at the forest, Eris/Sara, etc. The school arc actually gives him a breather by letting him heal himself, learn more about the world through education, build potential long-term friendships that he never properly got to build and find a way to make progress with his life. Don't think the writers are out of any ideas at this stage. The history and plot will be more relevant down the line, but for now, bro needs a change of pace in his life.

Plus his original life was ruined at school first so this is his second chance at school to repair that part and adapt their properly.
FocusIssues said:
Having read the novel, it is technically a school arc but it doesn't feel like one.  Instead, it feels like an opportunity  to develop key characters for later in the story and to develop Rudy.  After all, I never saw this as a redemption story but more of a story about how one who shuts himself away from society learns to become a productive member of it so school is the natural next step towards that end.  Any anime onlies who think they can predict this story are going to inevitably be wrong.  There will always be that episode or scene or set of episodes that has been set up by some comment or scene earlier that appears to come out of left field.  Every word of every conversation especially with the Man-God has plot relevance but not always in the way you think it does so, right now, everyone is focusing on the ED as the shiny new thing when the real issue is something subtly revealed and largely ignored until it hits you in the face and you think "aha!, so that was it all along." Rifujin is a genius at using shocking plot devices, usually involving sex, to distract the audience from the surprise set up for later.

You are right about it not feeling really like a school arc despite being one. The university arc serves more as a common ground for characters to meet and interact with each other to build relationships in the series, than focusing on most of the cliche tropes you would find with school-related arcs. I feel like this arc might be praised or be a bit mixed for people impatient with the slower pacing, but in the long run, this arc will age better and better once people enjoy the characters and the foundations set more with this arc. Like someone else said in the forum, Rudeus was all in on adventuring for 5 years and it left him in a lot of distress with various events, actually good seeing him take a breather for once, build relationships with people that are long-lasting potentially as friends and just enjoy his life for once. It makes him an even better character in the long run to appreciate the little things because of this arc, especially when it comes to growing up.
Aug 1, 2023 8:08 PM
Jul 2017
animegamer245 said:
S1l3ntHunt3r said:
The school arc was foreshadowed back in season 1 & don't see why exploring school life in this series is the writer ''running out of ideas'' considering Rudeus' high school life was miserable.
because there are to much school animes
Aug 1, 2023 10:21 PM
Aug 2023
I really don't understand why the writer decided to completely abandon the plot line established in the first season, the first 3 episodes of this season were essentially just filler and now a new arc is being introduced. One that would have fit way better if it had been inserted after the teleportation incident plot lines had been properly concluded. Not only that but all of the eroticism shit really takes away from this show. It was an issue in the first season, though at least it was easier to ignore and was somewhat comedic at times, but now it is literally being used as a plot point. I really enjoyed the first season of this anime but even then all the ero bullshit really put me off big time, and now its just right in your face.
Aug 2, 2023 4:06 AM
Jan 2018
Anime-only folks should rly start reading the web/light novel at this point. If you’ve made it this far, then chances are you’re gonna finish it so might as well get the full experience
Aug 2, 2023 4:12 AM

Dec 2019
jb1170 said:
I really don't understand why the writer decided to completely abandon the plot line established in the first season, the first 3 episodes of this season were essentially just filler and now a new arc is being introduced. One that would have fit way better if it had been inserted after the teleportation incident plot lines had been properly concluded. Not only that but all of the eroticism shit really takes away from this show. It was an issue in the first season, though at least it was easier to ignore and was somewhat comedic at times, but now it is literally being used as a plot point. I really enjoyed the first season of this anime but even then all the ero bullshit really put me off big time, and now its just right in your face.
It does connect with the plotline though, it will just take time. The arc anyway is needed for Rudeus to heal after 5 years of adventuring and facing mental exhaustion with that with a change of pace, and he trusts his strong father and the mage he respects a ton to help find his mother. Hitogami's reasons make sense in the long run but again, patience is needed for why they're shifting to a new arc like the university instead. Regardless of Hitogami and why he is suggesting it though, Rudeus learning to actually live a healthy life while not adventuring and on the verge of crashing and burning further would be a healthy refresh for him for the time being.

Also vol 7, the first 3 episodes, were not in the web novel but just added to the light novel to show what Rudeus was up to before he went to the university, especially with his depression stage at its high, so this cant be overlooked in the anime. It's a really good volume but other volumes to come do have more importance to the story than this one.
Aug 2, 2023 5:23 AM
Jan 2019
i loveee this anime ......
Aug 2, 2023 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
OMG OMG OMG Fritz- I mean Sylphie is also enrolled at the Academy!!! FINALLY Rudeus and her will he reunited again!! They even get to go to school together like they originally wanted to!! And judging by what the advice giver said, here is hoping she is the reason Rudeus gets cured!!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.