Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2023 10:46 PM

Feb 2018
Rudeus is mega traumatized by what happened with his homeland and what Eris did (even though this was just a misunderstanding rip) but thanks to the friendly people around him, he's opening up a bit.

Kinda lol that He's using his master's panties to cope lol, well, he sees that as an object of worship so ig lol.

The first episode was super good, great start and better than episode 0 lmfao. Really excited to see the rest of this season in animation!

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 9, 2023 11:22 PM

Mar 2019
A Very Good Episode in General...

Not like Jujutsu Kaisen... 

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 9, 2023 11:40 PM
Jul 9, 2023 11:55 PM
Nov 2022
Undoubtedly, a good start to the season, it seems that this second season is going to be very full of interesting things, let's see how it develops.

At first Rudeus made me a bit desperate, but after that he went back to being the same as always, so there's no problem xd.
Jul 9, 2023 11:58 PM
Oct 2013
It's finally back!
Jul 10, 2023 12:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Great first episode. Now I'm going to wait for this, along with JJK and maybe the zombie one, to finish airing so I can binge watch and enjoy them to their fullest. Difficulty level: Very, very hard.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 10, 2023 12:12 AM
Nov 2018
Sweet done with the depressed mage arc!
Jul 10, 2023 12:22 AM
Aug 2019
loved it, rudeus is just getting started
Jul 10, 2023 12:45 AM

Oct 2022
Yoohoo after a long wait of 2 years, Season 2 is finally out. Rudeus's main objective remains sought for his mother; He's got an idea of where she could be.

Then he goes to the guild disbanding his party 'Dead End', where he showed signs of momentary hesitation doing just that, for he held sentimental value for it.

He meets with a party of passing adventurers called the Counter Arrow; which wouldn't've happened if Rudeus didn't look so depressed traveling in a carriage with them. Then they set off for a commission from the adventures guild, from which they find themselves imperiled and overwhelmed by the strength and numbers of the monsters they faced, Thankfully Rudeus came back to his senses even if it was for only a moment, and fought them off with a single powerful chantless spell.

Finally, he reflects on himself and gets over his depression.

"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Jul 10, 2023 1:02 AM
Sep 2017
So happy to have this series back. But before this I got impatient and read the depressed magician manga arc. I don't read manga much, and now it's hard to adjust back to the anime-level drawing quality after experiencing how compelling and detailed the drawing was in the manga. :'( And it's also hard to come to terms with all the details and nuances left out in the anime.

For example, why is Rudeus this depressed, and especially what does he think about Eris at this point. It's interesting that Rudeus rid himself of the memento he had of Eris, and is generally trying to forget about her -- yet he still has, and even leans more into, the memento he has from Roxy. This is better explained in the manga: he thought Eris didn't like him - even detested him - and that's why she ditched him, whereas we know that she actually just wanted to make herself worthy of him, and seemed to intend to come back eventually. But despite her giving him nothing less than her virginity -- and how much more definitively than that can someone convey that they like someone -- he thought she hated him and left him forever, and that's a big part of why he is so distraught and is trying so hard to move past her, including by burning her hair, the sole remaining piece of her he had. At least, that was my interpretation from the manga. The anime still did a stellar job of illustrating his change of heart at the end of the episode: his rationale, resolve, and recommitment to doing his best.
Jul 10, 2023 1:33 AM

Oct 2020
He would turn into a fat hikikomori man. It survived for now.
Jul 10, 2023 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
okay! lesgooo! one of the most anticipated shows this Summer 2023 season line-up!
artstyle still looks kinda cheap but it has its own appeal!
5/5.

Jul 10, 2023 2:09 AM
Feb 2020
It's amazing. I don't know if it's because I already read the light novel that it's better. But it's so insanely good. They have moments where there's no music, no soundeffects... and they make it work. The flashbacks too. This is something, holy shit I hope they keep it up.
Jul 10, 2023 2:11 AM
Feb 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
finally. the moment i've been waiting for forever. good episode.

also what was he crying into at the end of the episode?
The thing he was crying into was... uhm... the panties he stole from Roxy at the beginning of season 1. 
Jul 10, 2023 2:12 AM
Jun 2023
Loved depressed Rudy :3
Jul 10, 2023 3:05 AM
Mar 2023
It was so good I don't have words to explain it........
Jul 10, 2023 3:14 AM
Nov 2022
Softhenic03 said:
Last week we had an extra or atleast it felt like one. Anyways, the true second season stuff starts now. Though not like that in itself warrants anything at all, but okay we’ll see. But first gotta deal with this gloomy creep. 

As we know what Eris did with dude last season(must say he deserves every bit of it), dude’s down in the dumps lmao. I mean for someone who’s mentally around 60 years of age, of course it’d be a huge shock if some teenage girl you lost your virginity with left you behind like dirt you are. Don’t fucking give the reasonings as if that’s because you worried for your mother Zenith. 

Though still we’ll move with that plot. As the dude's been searching for Zenith who we know got teleported last season, he already has an idea where she could be, and that’s when he met some passing party members. I mean those people were nice and all except one, but as if it was doing anything to the dude's depression. Until they got surrounded by some uncalled monsters all of a sudden, and it was all but over… though thankfully dude regained his senses, for that time at the very least and they all made it out alive. Even blondie thanked him.. so a bit good for him I guess.

Yeah good he got over the depression, I mean it was already kind of annoying. Good sounding ED by the way… if it was actually one. 

I think he's closer to 40 or 45 mentally? Also I don't think he has an idea of Zenith's whereabouts, it's just that he knows nobody has checked where he's going yet so that's why he's heading there. For all he knows she could be back on the demon continent and he just didn't find her. Apart from that nice summary ๐Ÿ‘
Jul 10, 2023 3:19 AM
Nov 2022
anikevin said:
Luigi11Ism said:

You literally said it! Don’t really know how in the flying fuck people actually enjoy this shit fully knowing the MC is a pedo. Man people are blinded by how good it is.

Bro you have Oshi no ko in your favorite manga, you can't be serious

To be fair to him the MC of Oshi No Ko is a man who has a level of attraction for underage girls but focuses 100% of that attraction into supporting and protecting them, whereas in this series the MC is a man who has an extremely high level of attraction for underage girls who spends almost every opportunity ogling them and being a disgusting perverted creep. Not saying that the series isn't cool to watch or saying that both it and Oshi No Ko are morally correct but you have to face the facts lol
Jul 10, 2023 3:23 AM

Oct 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Luigi11Ism said:

The irony of calling the guy above you a clown when you watch a pedo anime. The irony is ridiculous.
I'm calling him a clown because if he really dislikes this show, he could simply ignore it and watch something he likes, instead of wasting time he'll never get back coming to the forum to pointlessly hate.

Also, I don't like the pedo stuff in the show and I was annoyed by how frequent it was early on. I like everything else about the show so I stuck with it, plus the pedo stuff has happened less frequently as the show has gone on.
anime fans when you tell them they can drop and completely ignore an entire show that they really hate/goes against their belief or whatever
https://giphy.com/gifs/sad-twilight-crying-IGmyoBysrF9ZK

this whole culture of NEEDING to participant in a discussion of a show weekly just to feel validated for like 3 fcking days 
is genuinely the worst fcking thing to come out of modern anime
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Jul 10, 2023 3:23 AM

Sep 2018
God, the color density or saturation (which ever it is, I'm no expert) is always pretty damn jarring, whenever I load up an episode of Mushoku Tensei. Feels needlessly dull. I like the art and the animation just fine, if only the colors popped off the screen a little more.
Jul 10, 2023 3:39 AM
Nov 2022
Drabkebab said:
anikevin said:

Bro you have Oshi no ko in your favorite manga, you can't be serious

To be fair to him the MC of Oshi No Ko is a man who has a level of attraction for underage girls but focuses 100% of that attraction into supporting and protecting them, whereas in this series the MC is a man who has an extremely high level of attraction for underage girls who spends almost every opportunity ogling them and being a disgusting perverted creep. Not saying that the series isn't cool to watch or saying that both it and Oshi No Ko are morally correct but you have to face the facts lol
not trying to defend rudeus at all, that mf a creep, but i found oshi no ko way less interesting, because the mc’s actions are way more morally just, and in my opinion that made the story less unique
Jul 10, 2023 3:40 AM
Nov 2022
GakutoDeathGlare said:
God, the color density or saturation (which ever it is, I'm no expert) is always pretty damn jarring, whenever I load up an episode of Mushoku Tensei. Feels needlessly dull. I like the art and the animation just fine, if only the colors popped off the screen a little more.
it’s a directive choice to highlight his current inner sadness
Jul 10, 2023 3:43 AM
Nov 2022
charmal said:
Drabkebab said:

not trying to defend rudeus at all, that mf a creep, but i found oshi no ko way less interesting, because the mc’s actions are way more morally just, and in my opinion that made the story less unique

Well considering that the MC of Oshi No Ko lies to pretty much every other character, uses them for his own agenda and his primary goal is to murder his father I don't think he's perfectly moral lol. And while I do think that morally grey or even immoral characters are generally more interesting I find that the MC of this series tends to go too far for even my taste. I can see your point though, even if I disagree with it
Jul 10, 2023 3:49 AM
Oct 2022
After mediocre impressions of Ep0, the actual premiere rebounds expectations by showcasing competent direction, making viewers feel right at home as the return of its beautifully crafted aesthetics portray the in-depth complexities of depression.

Reestablished shots of the iconic rondel windows (or crown glass) are deeply emblematic of its visual metaphors for highlighting Rudy's mental state. Closing off his heart to the world and by extension others genuinely concerned about his well-being, like Counter Arrow.

I'm a bit rustic on my memories reading but I recall that when disbanding his party, Rudy originally teared up, having a meltdown in front of the adventurers. Not as explicit but having the various parties take pity on him regardless does the presentation still work.

Parallels between Sara and Eris are hard not to miss, as their personality traits strike a too close for comfort correlation for Rudeus as he distances himself quite scarcely as possible. She embodies his past love in all her essence, with stark contrasts being traumatizing.

Show don't tell approach is smartly integrated with subtle visual cues, such as Rudy entertaining suicidal thoughts by giving up. His Demon Eye, if audiences recall, allows him to see into a few lapses of the future. His hesitation depicted what has already happened, a dead end.

Absence of music was also a huge benefit in showing urgency of the situation at hand, the perilous surroundings a desperate atmosphere. Rotating slow-mo sequence is a rare, oft-used narrative beat that enforces Rudy's mental capacities to reassess his placement within this world.

Intonations of depression give way to awestruck reactions, a forceful gale that abruptly shifts the mood. Rudy, his stance now composed, portrays a figure of salvation in quintessence. OST kicks in immediately, quickly replacing the previous lack of music.

Character development is paramount in informing what makes MT so special. The initial conflict being Rudy forming a barrier so as to not be affected too closely by others is resolved harmoniously as he opens up again by accepting their hand, a mutual closeness.

Regaining the will to live, the way his forlornness is somewhat assuaged by lieu of monologues and flashbacks does the weight of Rudy's reassessment of himself and his experiences even out his past grievances. Mental wounds aren't healed so quickly, as it takes time.

Symbolic meaning adhered to objects of affection, like Eris's hair or the pendant, indicative of Sylphie resolves Rudy's current mindset. Choosing to let go of the past while looking to the future (thematic ties to reunion, an inevitable plotline) is made prescient in execution.

Masterful character writing sets the pace. Genuine worries about production values are done away with, as drawings and art direction are still refined in as much quality as possible, the music a standout. Today's entry signifies what we can expect from most of the episodes.

Jul 10, 2023 4:08 AM

Sep 2018
charmal said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
No, it was the same for S1 and the Fitz special.
Jul 10, 2023 4:09 AM
Nov 2022
GakutoDeathGlare said:
charmal said:
no idea what you’re talking about
Jul 10, 2023 4:15 AM

Sep 2018
charmal said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Well, I have ample anime to compare it to (if you've really only watched this show and nothing else), so it's far more obvious to me.

Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way? I don't know what the correct jargon is, something to do with the color, was apparent all throughout the whole series.

Edit: Oh I found the answer. Yeah, not the biggest fan.

StaleNut said:
Film grain. "Film grain or granularity is the random optical texture of processed photographic film due to the presence of small particles of a metallic silver, or dye clouds, developed from silver halide that have received enough photons."

It's done on purpose, season 1 used film grain too. It's just an artistic choice, does not have anything to do with the actual quality of the drawings.
Jul 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
Sara is the next victim of rudeus same like eris LOL

finally the best and truly isekai is back guys !!!
Jul 10, 2023 5:05 AM
Jul 2023
it's so cool to see rudeus again
Jul 10, 2023 5:06 AM
Jan 2019
Luigi11Ism said:
Ab_271004 said:
Mid is back
1/10
Pedo tensei ๐Ÿคฎ

You literally said it! Don’t really know how in the flying fuck people actually enjoy this shit fully knowing the MC is a pedo. Man people are blinded by how good it is.
I can think of about 3 reasons

The first is the one you've insinuated here and in other places, and it's that some fans are, themselves, actual creeps and relate to Rudy. That is pretty yucky, you'll find no argument from me there.

The second is that throughout the story, Rudy is charactarized in a way that makes him seem less like a middle-aged creep in the body of a kid and more like... just a kid. This is amplified by the fact he was a shut-in for half his life. He never did any emotional maturing by going outside, past the age of 15 or so. Between that and the way he acts it's not unreasonable to just see him as indistinguishable from a run-of-the-mill erogaki (perverted adolescent boy) character.

The third, and by far most important, is that people can enjoy media without endorsing the actions of its characters. Think about Breaking Bad, a show about a drug dealing murderer that was massively popular at its time. Look at Death Note, a show where a guy does mass murder because he thinks he's an ultimate force for good, including innocents who otherwise get in his way. There are honestly hundreds of examples of media where you're not supposed to endorse everything the protagonist stands for.
Jul 10, 2023 5:50 AM
Mar 2023
It is nothing more than the first chapter and Rudeus already sent an EXPLATIOOOOOOOOOOON and saved his group, this young man does not plan to stop fathering even in his most difficult moments. By the way, what he took out at the end of the chapter was the underwear or an ordinary handkerchief XD? Anyway, things are coming people, see you next week! :)
Jul 10, 2023 6:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Counter Arrow group is going to be interesting, but thanks to that Rudeus isn't as depressed as before it seems like
Jul 10, 2023 6:39 AM

May 2021
That rotating shot was so cool. Animation is still fire even though not at its best.

I'm glad they kept the depression part short though if I remember correctly, there's more to this depression arc.

Jul 10, 2023 6:52 AM
Oct 2019
OUR BOY RUDEUS IS BACK!!!

we got new Tsundere here, Sara.

Oh my god, the return of HOLY RELIC!!
Jul 10, 2023 7:03 AM

Mar 2021
Luigi11Ism said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Seeing Rudy like that was sad, the kid misses Eris so much and is separated from pretty much all the people he has loved and cared for. I'm glad he was able to come to his senses when it mattered to get himself and the group out of that bind with the bears. I almost forgot how impressive of a mage he is. Looks like he's done holding onto the reminder of his past love, and it was heartwarming to see him smile with his new party. I'm so glad this show is back to see the direction in which the story heads.

The post above me....lol ๐Ÿคก

The irony of calling the guy above you a clown when you watch a pedo anime. The irony is ridiculous.

Bro you have call of the Night on your favourite manga and you want to talk about Pedos? Isn't Nazuna 40 and Kou 14?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2023 7:15 AM
Feb 2022
there was a flat girl almost naked and i simply HATE
Jul 10, 2023 7:48 AM
Jun 2007
Its back! Rudeus in his state of "depressed".
Hope his new party will cheer him up!
Jul 10, 2023 7:56 AM
Apr 2021
EIRS ASDANMSDBLKASNDABKSDC NLASB '๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿซƒ๐Ÿซƒ๐Ÿซƒ๐Ÿซƒ๐Ÿซƒ๐Ÿซƒ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 10, 2023 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
Season 2 has finally arrived!
Didn't surprise me how down Rudy was, after what he's been through.
Finding this new group to join so he isn't alone seems like it might have helped.
Looks like he will push through into the rest of the journey.
Jul 10, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 2023
bestest episode my mushoku is back
Jul 10, 2023 8:30 AM
Jan 2018
The god-father of isekai is back! As someone who read this first as a web novel back in 2016, it warms my heart to know the amount of praise but more importantly how much you guys have given respect to this series! Mushoku Tensei’s author gave everything he had and is revered very highly in the Japanese novel industry so to see y’all truly appreciate Japanese fantasy world-building, the tropes it delivered, characters as well as overall story, we thank you guys from the bottom of our heart! Keep spreading awareness of which is Rudeus Greyrat’s adventure!
Jul 10, 2023 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
Kinda boring honestly, at least until I found out his coping method was sniffing Roxy's underwear while inspirational music + flash cutting scenes from the prior seasons came in to instill a moment of supposed cartharsis in the final moments of the episode.

Way to undermine your own scene, author.
Jul 10, 2023 9:54 AM

Jul 2016
50-60yo dude feeling depressed to the point of being suicidal just because the teenage girl he fucked left him behind smh.

3/5 start. Good to see the animation still remains as strong as in the previous season. Last scene with Rudeus crying in Roxy's panties was plain hilarious tho. Was the scene really meant to be emotional?
Jul 10, 2023 9:59 AM
Mar 2022
Rudeus refusing the handshake at first was a nice little detail, but him actually doing the handshake later was a bit tacky, although that was probably a decent way of telling us he moved on.

The monologue at the end felt really unnecessary though. We all know Rudeus is smart enough to know he shouldn't be moping around instead of doing what he should be doing. I personally think the monologue should have been "what the fuck am I doing, I need to get my shit together" instead of "I remember now... I have to start the series with a generic overused self pep talk script!"

That said, really hyped up about the series. Can't wait to see how Sara's character plays out. Really looking forward to the tie-ins from the other two special episodes too. I love this show to death and it hasn't disappointed me (that much) yet.

PS: I am anime only for now. I will only read the LNs or whatever source material this came from if the series dies for some weird unexpected reason. The animation is too good and I get bored revisiting manga or LNs I've read before.

PPS: BRING BACK THE DEMON LOLI. I DON'T CARE IF THE LIGHT NOVEL THREW HER AWAY. GIVE HER A SPINOFF PLS!!!!
Jul 10, 2023 10:08 AM
Jun 2023
Tylaen said:
Kinda boring honestly, at least until I found out his coping method was sniffing Roxy's underwear while inspirational music + flash cutting scenes from the prior seasons came in to instill a moment of supposed cartharsis in the final moments of the episode.

Way to undermine your own scene, author.
Mt was always an ass isekai trash so...
Jul 10, 2023 10:16 AM
Jun 2023
GakutoDeathGlare said:
charmal said:
Well, I have ample anime to compare it to (if you've really only watched this show and nothing else), so it's far more obvious to me.

Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way? I don't know what the correct jargon is, something to do with the color, was apparent all throughout the whole series.

Edit: Oh I found the answer. Yeah, not the biggest fan.

StaleNut said:
Film grain. "Film grain or granularity is the random optical texture of processed photographic film due to the presence of small particles of a metallic silver, or dye clouds, developed from silver halide that have received enough photons."

It's done on purpose, season 1 used film grain too. It's just an artistic choice, does not have anything to do with the actual quality of the drawings.
this is a cringe isekai trash
So who care
Jul 10, 2023 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
Decent start I guess
Jul 10, 2023 10:20 AM

Dec 2019
SouthRzVa said:
50-60yo dude feeling depressed to the point of being suicidal just because the teenage girl he fucked left him behind smh.

3/5 start. Good to see the animation still remains as strong as in the previous season. Last scene with Rudeus crying in Roxy's panties was plain hilarious tho. Was the scene really meant to be emotional?
Weirdly it did. It was on brand with Mushoku Tensei as a series but it was Rudeus' only physical reminder of Roxy since he did give that necklace away to Ruijerd. It's bizarre and without context, it's more confusing than anything but imo it worked with this scene and series. Despite his weirdness, he does respect her a ton and treats her as a pillar here to have him keep on going forward. Also if he continues to grow up and up, you still adding those 30+ years of him not growing up at all then for the rest of this entire series as he grows older and older as a criticism tool?
Jul 10, 2023 11:31 AM
Nov 2020
This part of the light novel is one of my favorites, so I was really looking forward to it being animated. Unfortunately, the episode didn’t live up to my expectations, especially the scene where Rudeus decides to take a stand and mow down the luster grizzlies. It’s kind of unfair to way my expectations from the light novel against this episode, since I had such high expectations for the scene. But it was definitely underwhelming to me. And the episode as a whole seemed a little off from what I was expecting, not just the mission.
Jul 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
MangagnaM said:
SouthRzVa said:

Weirdly it did. It was on brand with Mushoku Tensei as a series but it was Rudeus' only physical reminder of Roxy since he did give that necklace away to Ruijerd. It's bizarre and without context, it's more confusing than anything but imo it worked with this scene and series. Despite his weirdness, he does respect her a ton and treats her as a pillar here to have him keep on going forward. Also if he continues to grow up and up, you still adding those 30+ years of him not growing up at all then for the rest of this entire series as he grows older and older as a criticism tool?
As long as he keeps acting not according to his mental age, then yes.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

454 by eddy_spaghetti »»
May 21, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2023

509 by Selltar »»
May 15, 12:12 PM

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.