Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2023 12:30 PM

May 2015
This anime had many flaws, but I could'nt stop to love it. A real strike in my heart.
Jun 28, 2023 12:39 PM

Oct 2017
When you can tell the studio and ppl who produce this love this series and go all out on their production, you can totally see it from Oshi no Ko adaptation.
One of the best manga adaptation in recent years , with next to perfect pacing , artstyle, production, and some of the best anime original contents (they totally dont need to animate some of those performances but they go all out on it instead, like Kana MV, chicken dance)

Even if you read the whole manga is totally worth watching the full adaptation, just like Kuguya love is war. 
Cant wait for season 2.
Ventus_SJun 28, 2023 12:42 PM
Jun 28, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 2017
waiting season 2..... TBC
Jun 28, 2023 12:42 PM
Mar 2023
I hate Oshi no Ko as much as I love Kaguya-sama. I was really excited up to the middle of the season. Then the plot became sloppy, characters' development are strange. The mistery with Ai's killer started to feel unnecessary detail in teen drama anime. The love-triangle seems soo unnecessary and stupid it's painful to watch.

Disappointment of the year 😔
Jun 28, 2023 12:43 PM
Nov 2018
“Akane who am I supposed to root for here!??!”

Banger of a season. Enjoyed every last bit of it.
Really cant wait for the next season and to see the Tokyo Blade arc!

9/10
Jun 28, 2023 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
Akane and Kana rivarly is pretty interesting I would love to see more on the next season
Jun 28, 2023 12:47 PM

Mar 2021
A few random things I liked about this episode:

• "In particular, that girl in the center is just the type otaku love." Happy to see agreement with Ruby's assessment (based on her years of following idols) while scouting Kana.
  • "#GuyWhoDoesntUseSocialMedia" Constant reminder Aqua has always acted like an old man. 
  • "You'll get malicious fans tracking you down and might even become the victim of stalking." This is absolutely hilarious coming from somebody who "just happened to be in the area" and was certainly not following Aqua around.

This show really is quite clever. You could really go over this series with a fine-toothed comb, and you would discover all sorts of little details, connections, and throwaway gags. I love it.
Jun 28, 2023 12:48 PM

Sep 2018
It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks that the only good episodes are the ones revolving around Ai or Akane (eps 1 and 6-8).

From the authors of Kuzu no Honkai and Kaguya-sama, and after a great premiere episode, I expected more than just a decent watch.
Jun 28, 2023 12:53 PM
Mar 2019
might be my new favourite show, im no good at reviews or anythin but this is definitely more than just an idol show. 10/10 reccomend
Jun 28, 2023 12:54 PM
Jul 2011
Esperando uma segunda temporada já
Jun 28, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 2023
Oshi no ko is amazing cannot wait for the other season the animation the style is magnificent and the one sided love between aqua, kana and akane tbh I root for Arima kana cause I really like her but I feel like it is a one sided love cause aqua doesn't feel the same way about Arima who knows maybe something might change in aqua's heart

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO what does this part remind you of

Jun 28, 2023 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
unfathomably overrated show
Jun 28, 2023 1:06 PM
Apr 2021
Really crazy adaptation, amazing, amazing. I'm really amazed. and I also can't wait for the sequel. All hail doga kobo
Jun 28, 2023 1:07 PM

Jun 2021
Outstanding idol performance of Kana, Ruby, and Memcho. I love the rivalry between Kana and Akane. I'm excited to see the Tokyo Blade stage play.

Amazing adaptation and I'm hype for the second season!
Jun 28, 2023 1:09 PM
Nov 2018
This anime is a real gem. I adore manga and love the snime. Can't wait for 2nd season. Plus will re-watch it again when it's fully dubbed.
Jun 28, 2023 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
The adaptation quality is really something else. Everything is on point or even way better than the original counterpart. I'm truly impressed, Doga Kobo. This anime truly deserves a high rating.

This is just me but ...I just wished most visual novel adaptation were like this.

OH COME ON I JUST WANT TO GO STRAIGHT SEASON 3!

Jun 28, 2023 1:13 PM
Feb 2023
Haidex said:
I'm gonna jump in front of a moving car and go into a coma to only wake up when next season releases

really doubt this is recency bias, oshi no ko is a easy 10

Actually it is. Any anime has recency bias but comeon it’s easy to notice it from the reception lol
Jun 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Jul 2022
Definitivamente es cine

Jun 28, 2023 1:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well we didn’t get that Scarlet>Fire cover but as expected they blew the roof off the venue with their performance, even managing to recapture that former fan of Ai, and damn it looked really nice too, as someone that watches idol anime I am used to a mix of CGI and drawn animation but this was all drawn (or at least it appeared that way) and it looked stunning, some really amazing scenes in there. And Aqua doing that dance he did as a baby was great lol, the absolute perfect boost to their performance, especially Kana.

And speaking of Kana it was really nice to see her come back around on Aqua after giving him the cold shoulder for a good bit, really enjoyed her teasing Aqua too lol. And the rest regarding that 2.5D adaptation of a popular anime seems to be setting up the next arc for the just announced season 2, sounds like it’s gonna be an interesting one, especially with the newly discovered rivalry between Akane and Kana lol.

And so ends this super popular anime, but I’m ngl I think it deserves the popularity, it’s a damn good show. From the massive first episode which set the stage for everything that came after it, to the darker themes and the general goofiness, I had a lot of fun with this one. Only issue I had with it was the fact this anime was so popular it probably overshadowed some other amazing shows this season, but I can’t fault the show for that lol. And for my best girl, I think it’s gotta be between Akane and Kana, it’s a hard choice for me so I won’t pick one just yet lol. And Doga Kobo really slayed this adaptation, for a studio that usually does SoL they really brought it this time. But I guess with that, we wait for season 2 to come and stomp another season with popularity lol, I’m looking forward to it!
Jun 28, 2023 1:32 PM
Aug 2020
Isso foi uma ótima temporada!
Jun 28, 2023 1:35 PM
Aug 2019
What can I say, another banger!
Jun 28, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
Such a great episode and season.
Those few still frames at the start of the ED tho; chef's kiss!
10/10
Jun 28, 2023 1:45 PM

May 2015
dior said:
unfathomably overrated show
Dumb buzzword. Cry more.

Jun 28, 2023 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
N7Grey said:
Good finale. Overall this anime is overhyped as fuck. After the first episode that felt like cheap Perfect Blue knock off it got much much better. Oshi no ko got lucky to get such amazing adaptation. Without spectacular production constantly going the extra mile there's nothing that exceptional about the story or the characters. Tho I'd say my biggest problem is constant monologues that keep telling how the industry works, there is too much of them and they're done awkwardly imo. Still a pretty good show

I understand your concern, but this show is supposed to be a commentary of the industry. There are a few parts at which it embraces the idol industry, but all in, it has a bit of everything. Glad you liked it!
Jun 28, 2023 1:49 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like they've finally took to the stage, and what a performance it was!
Seems that Kana is back on normal terms with Aqua.
We also found out she is going to be "competing" with Akane, now that they are also on the same project that Aqua is going to be doing next (season 2 I guess).
I thought it would be ending on a cliffhanger, and even then I still think they left it on a very satisfying point.
Jun 28, 2023 1:50 PM
Jun 2021
My favorite show this season and season 2 is already announced. I really like how the show is sol but at the same time kinda a murder mystery and so many interesting characters. I guess next season we will see rivalry between Akane and Arima in the Tokyo Blade stage play and maybe Aqua will get to know more about the people in Lala Lai
Jun 28, 2023 1:56 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Ruby, Kana and Mem-Cho put on a great first live performance at the idol event. Once again, Aqua worked like a lunatic with his fan dance which almost made Ruby and Kana laugh while they were still performing. XD

Not only that, but Kana now knows that Aqua and Akane's relationship is a working one and not what she thought it would be, which she was VERY relieved, as you could tell from her blushing face. Mem-Cho, on the other hand, is now at that awkward position of not knowing who she wants to support more in this intriguing love triangle. Speaking of which, Kana meeting Akane and Aqua during their "date" shows how much of a grudge the pair have for each other. This was made even more apparent now that all three of them have been cast for a stage play, where the characters that the trio will be playing are also part of a love triangle.

So that wraps up Oshi No Ko and this episode, just like with the rest of the season, have been stellar. Doga Kobo went all out with this series and it really shows with how beautiful the visuals are and how the animation quality is. I'm happy that a second season has already been announced. so it won't be too long of a wait until we get to see this great cast of characters once more on our T.V screens or monitors.

9/10 is my final score.
Jun 28, 2023 2:05 PM

Apr 2022
The anime of the season is finished, waiting for the 2nd Season (I'm so excited about it). Actually is the first time I see what Oshi no Ko did to anime since it was released, not only because the score. The genre "Idol" was totally changed because this anime and I'm so happy about it. Without a doubt is one of the animes of the decade, now we just can wait for the 2nd season. Thanks Doga Kobo for this adaptation. Final score 8/10!!
Jun 28, 2023 2:10 PM
Apr 2023
This one, the concert. OMG. This was masterpiece to watch, especially with Aqua flipping the script in the process OMG.

Cheery on the top, was to see Aqua indirectly turning Kana and Akane against each other throats, away from himself. Particularly with Akane turning into Bosnian Mode and showing how she is going to end her rival's whole carrier :DDDDDD
Jun 28, 2023 2:17 PM
Dec 2017
Kana wants to regain more celebrity with this idol band.
Oh gosh, we got some hints about the second season. I am very hyped about the fight between Kana and Akane for Aqua.
I hope they will show more backstage about this showbusiness, more psychologic moments.

This season is very great, very nice moments, excellent emotionals scenes (damn when Aqua rescue Akane in the bridge, this series hooks me so much)

9 out 10 :D
Jun 28, 2023 2:22 PM

May 2016
if i could change one thing it would eo replace kana with akane. Akane is cooler and she could also the the star eyes thing. kana is annoying jealous whiny bitch.
Jun 28, 2023 2:24 PM

Sep 2018
What a ride.

Looking forward to the rivalry.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 28, 2023 2:29 PM
Jul 2022
Can't wait for the Tokyo Blade arc in season 2 😍
Jun 28, 2023 2:33 PM

Aug 2018
The decision to not include Mana Suzushiro's short plot line and instead immediately start the introduction of the next arc was weird. Especially since they showed her at the beginning.
Jun 28, 2023 2:34 PM
Nov 2021
the anime is ruined
May 2021
I need more episodesssss I love this anime so much
May 2021
I need more episodesssss I love this anime so much
May 2020
Aqua showing us why he's just that guy this ep.
Jun 28, 2023 2:38 PM
Jan 2023
Amazing show, great plot, good characters. please renew for season 2.
Jun 28, 2023 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
Underwhelming. Boring. Repetitive. Anticlimactic.

Bonus points:
- more flashbacks (during the performance nonetheless LOL)
- focus again on highly unlikable Arima (grumpy, cynical, ungrateful, immature, no redeeming qualities, annoying voice)
- highly hateble Akane brought back into the mix (oh poor me)

This story is dead. Moreover, it was never alive.
Jun 28, 2023 2:49 PM
Sep 2021
A fantastic finale to the best anime of the season!
Jun 28, 2023 2:51 PM
Mar 2019
Satisfying finale while still keeping me interested in a season 2!
Jun 28, 2023 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
Prediction.

Once the deluded fanboys and fangirls move on this anime will fall to a more realistic rating. I expect a 7 or 6.
Of course, what it really deserves is a 4, but fandom culture will not allow that happen. People watch and support almost everything. No matter how poor the work.

It's this lack of needed discrimination and imbecilic acceptance that pollutes and poisons the well. Well then, enjoy drinking out of the gutter.
Jun 28, 2023 2:58 PM
Jul 2020
i like aqua he makes me very hard
Jun 28, 2023 3:03 PM

Jul 2022
bro bro bro bro i need more n0W!1!1!!
i shIP ar1M4 anD 4Qua!! idc
10/10
Jun 28, 2023 3:20 PM
Sep 2012
Isekai Ojisan somehow found his way to a different anime

Jun 28, 2023 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
AkiFosu said:
Prediction.

Once the deluded fanboys and fangirls move on this anime will fall to a more realistic rating. I expect a 7 or 6.
Of course, what it really deserves is a 4, but fandom culture will not allow that happen. People watch and support almost everything. No matter how poor the work.

It's this lack of needed discrimination and imbecilic acceptance that pollutes and poisons the well. Well then, enjoy drinking out of the gutter.

Appreciate your opinion senpai🤣🤣

Btw, I think you are watching the wrong genre senpai! This doesn't have anything that would interest your tastes😂
removed-userJun 28, 2023 3:25 PM
Jun 28, 2023 3:22 PM

Feb 2017
absolutely amazing show. my only complaint is that the first episode set the bar way too high. the rest of the episodes were enjoyable of course, but that first episode was miles above the rest of the season and definitely put people's expectations at an unreasonable level.

loved seeing the new b komachi perform. i feel like at some point kana will be looking out to almost an entire crowd of people waving white glow sticks.

so many things to look forward to in the following season(s)

placeholder text
Jun 28, 2023 3:23 PM
Jan 2023
the funniest part for me was when memcho realized kana had feelings for aqua and was mentally fighting with herself over who to root for being kana and akane mem has the best facial expressions
Jun 28, 2023 3:26 PM
Jan 2023
IamAnaRCHy said:
I need a season 2 there is no way we can't get one

already announced
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

58 by Owlblocks »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

293 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

397 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:15 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

468 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:11 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

870 by FaethyvveIcye »»
Jun 2, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.