Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2022 9:55 PM

Jul 2015
[quote]You do not know burden until you see millions of people hanging on your every word.[/quotes]

Damn. Zanac seemed like a dedicated leader and capable leader, that truly cared about his subjects. Those foolish nobles doomed whole kingdom and themselves with their selfish and desperate actions. It's sad to see him go in such a way. At least Ainz show him respect and have him a proper burial.

At the start of episode, we heard Ains concealing from his followers the fact, that he intends allow civilians to escape.
Now, after how nobles treated their prince he seems to think, that this country is past redemption.
Does he still intends to at least spare the innocents?

Sep 6, 2022 9:58 PM

May 2011
Roch2001 said:
Feel about sorry for the little fat guy as hes always been manipulated by his physco sister.

Genuinely funny... LOOL
Sep 6, 2022 9:58 PM
Aug 2022
that was wonderful
Sep 6, 2022 10:16 PM
Dec 2017
Momonga-sama is a badass mf
Sep 6, 2022 10:46 PM

Nov 2016
Damn! This episode was so good! Seeing the king of the Empire(?) and how genuine and noble he actually was, was actually really nice. It is a shame they killed him, but those guys are definitely screwed with the Neuronist haha. Love Ains, love this show, love it all. Shalltear best girl.
Sep 6, 2022 11:52 PM

Jul 2008
irondark30 said:
ShanaFlame said:
I feel bad for Prince Zanac, his death was unacceptable and I’m glad the ones who killed him will not have a good outcome for both them and their families.

I’m surprised Black Scripture wanted Red Drop and Blue Rose to join forces with him against the Sorcerer Kingdom. Isn’t the current war due to the a noble from the Re-Estize Kingdom attacking the Slane Theocracy’s wagon? I would think Slane would be on Ainz’s side considering they also support his declaraton for war.
lol yeah I heard from previous chats that the “Theocracy” was a mistranslation. It was suppose to be the “Holy Kingdom” that not only had their carriage attacked but also aligned with the Sorcerer Kingdom in its war of declaration.

Thanks for the clarification.
Sep 6, 2022 11:53 PM

Oct 2019
Rofl. That one dude who scream banzai without even know the upcoming horror.
Sep 7, 2022 12:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Aww and I'm starting to like Prince Zanac, Rest In Peace...

Good thing Ainz let those betraying nobles "live", such a great ruler he is.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 7, 2022 12:29 AM

Jun 2020
While watching the first two seasons, I never could have even thought I would say something like this.
Full Respect Crown Prince Zanac. Rest in Peace.
Sep 7, 2022 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Zanac death proved why their nation was doomed to fall. Ains is rotten and so are his devils, but the humans proved worse by killing their own last king. As usually it's the innocent civies that suffer most though.
Sep 7, 2022 12:59 AM

Feb 2015
Sh!t man I got goosebumps. We need season 5 after this
RIP Zanac tho. I thought he was a douchbag but actually he was a great guy. What a great exchange of words with Ainz. Man just want to fix the county. Big Respect
Sep 7, 2022 1:30 AM
Mar 2020
kinda wish they release a Drama CD or VN of Neuronist torturing them stupid nobles. Their suffering voice will feels so good to hear after what they did
Sep 7, 2022 1:31 AM

Oct 2010
Holy F'in Sh!tballs

Rinrinka said:
Aww and I'm starting to like Prince Zanac, Rest In Peace...

Yeah was a pretty awesome dude, he had Ainz's full respect and Zanac thought that he wasn't even a king compared to Ainz, that's why it hits so hard.
I actually expected him to prevail that fight.. His sis did him dirty.. RIP
Last 5 minutes had me checking the runtime to see how much awesomeness I had left.. These episodes are far too short man.
One of if not the best episodes of the entire series. so far.
Only 3 left.. F_ck.
Gonna go watch those last 10 minutes again

GOD DAMN those last three minutes.
That grip on Aura.. those words and tone of voice..
Dub is gonna water that sh_t down no doubt..
My dude has lost interest, let the massacre begin.
NEXT EPISODE NOW, GAH..
SexyjutsuSep 7, 2022 3:16 AM
Sep 7, 2022 1:31 AM
Sep 2016
i liked the way ainz was pissed off at the end
Sep 7, 2022 1:35 AM

Oct 2010
BreloomDV said:
i liked the way ainz was pissed off at the end

I don't think Chris has the voice to pull it off as well as Satoshi does.
So glad I switched to sub this season. None of the voices fall flat..

Watching ep 8 dubbed today and I actually hated Hilma's voice by comparison, I really wish they'd take inspiration from the original voice actors. If you're gonna be a VA at least put some f'in effort into it.
SexyjutsuSep 7, 2022 1:41 AM
Sep 7, 2022 1:48 AM
Jan 2020
POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG POG
Sep 7, 2022 2:16 AM

Dec 2008
There was a lot of space for negotiations, but Ainz wants to bring happiness to his underlings by obliberating the other kingdom.
I don't know when having the upper hand from the beginning it's cruel not to accept the opponents surrender.
It leaves a bad taste even when you don't know about other historic events.

Prince Zanac was shining in this episode, like never before. I always thought he was a chubby idiot, but apparently he tried his best.
I never expected the nobles to behead him instantly. They expected Ainz would treat them fairly. Nope!

I was surprised by Ainz reaction about this, like if he felt pity for the prince, he wanted to murder later.
Then he totally lost interest in the battle and left the task to the others, I feel bad for the normal citizens about the coming massacre if it can be called that at all.

Princess Renner should be next in line, but what will she do? wasn't she already a traitor?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2022 2:26 AM
Aug 2022
The way ainz's voice actor portrayed the feeling of anger that the viewers can feel irrespective of ainz poker face worth appreciation.
Sep 7, 2022 2:56 AM

Aug 2016
Never thought I'd come to like and respect Zanac. He went out like a champ.
Sep 7, 2022 2:57 AM

Oct 2010
Fabienne said:
There was a lot of space for negotiations

Concessions perhaps yes.. Zanac wanted to save his people.. Ainz wanted them sacrificed for his Kingdom..
He wasn't not going to backtrack on that. The honorable deaths are the ones that hit the hardest.. I'm sure there's more to come.

Tysta said:
Never thought I'd come to like and respect Zanac. He went out like a champ.

GOAT status achieved AFAIC, even laughed in the face of his own death knowing his was the stronger one for not fearing it and trying to avoid it.
A TRUE CHAD.
SexyjutsuSep 7, 2022 3:00 AM
Sep 7, 2022 3:00 AM
Dec 2019
Very good set up episode with a ton of great dialogue especially from the prince.
Sep 7, 2022 3:18 AM

Feb 2007
Rare_idiot said:
Calling him just a 'Human' ? I wish he was alive only to see the terror that has fallen on his kingdom and the people that betrayed him

Oh, but it's still by far the best understanding of Ainz anyone who's met him has ever showed. While he even admits himself already in the first season that truly becoming Ainz has made him care little about human life, we can still very much see how much he's still his original human self on the inside, trying his best to act as the leader his people expect him to be.
Sep 7, 2022 3:27 AM

Jun 2021
I hope that zanac and momon can become friends and zanac become momon's subordinates I was amazed after seeing zanac and momon talking so that it made my heart beat fast I want zanac to be resurrected by momon
Sep 7, 2022 4:41 AM
Feb 2017
Predictable...Another character that was interesting and well developed only to be killed..
Sep 7, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
I must say that these last few episodes have made me like Zanac more than before. I thought he was a bit out of his depth at first, but you can't fault him at all for what he's done up until now. His negotiation with Ainz didn't go as well as he hoped, but he was able to see how human Ainz was with his own goals and aspirations to find happiness for his kingdom. They both respected each other even as the battle would be inevitable.

Sadly, Zanac's own soldiers turned against them and despite his brave last stand, he was killed off by the cowardly group, who offered Ainz the head of Zanac in order to join his side. Fittingly and deservedly, Ainz sent all of them to the Neuronist, where they'll suffer a slow and torturous death fitting of the cowards that they are.

I look forward to seeing how this battle will unfold. I want annihilation, lots of it...
Sep 7, 2022 5:13 AM
Aug 2019
Common, something has gotta break down here, right? Ainz clearly isn’t thinking about what he’s doing. Surely there will be some consequence that drives a wedge b/w himself and the NPC’s. There has to be!
Sep 7, 2022 5:18 AM
Sep 2022
I can feel the anger of Ainz, the talk with Zanac is better than any other sense in this season.
Sep 7, 2022 5:59 AM
Oct 2021
Ngl Ains had me scared AF at the end of the episode
Sep 7, 2022 6:28 AM
Apr 2021
Damn Zanac was a real nigga no lie bro was gonna go out with a bang until he got jumped😔 and Ainz grabbing Aura like that really surprised me this nigga is FURIOUSLY ANGRY😳
Sep 7, 2022 6:45 AM
Sep 2016
escalated maybe a bit too fast but Ainz clearly is becoming the evil overlord foreshadowed. The chat with Zanac was a little nonsensical, tho
Sep 7, 2022 6:47 AM
Jun 2013
Farabeuf said:
Yikes. When the nobles handed him the head of the king I knew that they would be given the worst fate possible.

Respect to that dude. He behaved like a true king to the end.

Indeed, unlike the first prince, Zanac had showed true qualities of a good Ruler in his last moments, never trying to run from his betrayers but simply charged to his inevitable doom. Unlike that younger emperor in Akame Ga Kill!, at least Zanac was given a much more dramatic final moments.

Notable, the anime made it clear that the prince's tent was surrounded by several soldiers, it wasn't just a cheap number of guards. So I can assume most of the soldiers, around the area, either belonged to the treacherous nobles or they are just desperate to escape death which is not surprising if most of the soldiers were simply conscripts, not real soldiers, meaning they have Zero patriotism as conscripts were forced to join or they will be executed by royal authority.
Sep 7, 2022 7:32 AM

Jun 2010
I really liked Prince Zanac.. even though he had too many scenes to much of my annoyance. What a way to go for him though.. by his own men. Ainz must be really pissed! Other scenes like the Blue Rose meeting didn't really seem to matter much, but we got to see the faces of some newcomers.. one who seems to be the mecha guy from previous ep. I really hope shit hits the fan next episode.. and we get some action though. Felt like there's never enough of that when it comes to Ainz and friends. Show us some bloody murder! (preferably with as little CGI as possible..)

Sep 7, 2022 7:40 AM
Jan 2022
too much dialogue less action i wanted to see aniz actually fight
Sep 7, 2022 8:01 AM
Jan 2018
The scene between Ainz and Zanac was PERFECT. It's arguably the most important scene in book 14 from a character perspective, and the anime delivered beautifully.

On another note, it really speaks to the size and scope of the light novels that, even with 6 episodes dedicated to book 14, they're still skipping A LOT.
Sep 7, 2022 8:14 AM
Mar 2014
bro this is more a jack-off fest that redo-of-healer
atleast redo made sense
Sep 7, 2022 8:57 AM
Aug 2019
amazing as expected
Sep 7, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2013
Are we gonna see some massacre next episode? Can't wait. Also, RIP fat prince
Sep 7, 2022 10:28 AM
Jan 2021
R.I.P Zanac, i didn't liked his character before but his meeting with ains before battle really cemented him.
Sep 7, 2022 11:32 AM
Feb 2021
i don't know what to say just a masterpiece
Sep 7, 2022 11:45 AM
Jun 2017
OMG this ep... just dont mess with Ainz
Sep 7, 2022 12:12 PM
Sep 2020
Super good episode!
Waiting for the next one, and the power shown at the end by ains gave me goosebumps.
Sep 7, 2022 12:30 PM
Feb 2018
gostei, infelizmente o príncipe morreu, gostaria de ver mais dele
Sep 7, 2022 1:12 PM
Jun 2020
Inesperado, Ainz sempre parecendo estar a 25 pés à frente.
Sep 7, 2022 1:34 PM
Jun 2016
Ainz was sooo bad ass in this episode, one of the few times he was super pissed.
Sep 7, 2022 1:50 PM

Jul 2022
dumb nobles have torture haha
Sep 7, 2022 2:21 PM

May 2014
Love how the MC is going through this whole discovery phase of forging their own path while everything around them and what we thought was normal come completely flipped with the MC's new declaration.
Sep 7, 2022 2:25 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was great
Sep 7, 2022 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
kamil88 said:
"Sent them to Neuronist"
"Long live Sorcerer King!"
If only they knew. Feel sorry for their families...

Actually their families are rounded up and sent to Neuronist as well...
Sep 7, 2022 2:55 PM

Mar 2020
that's probably one of few humans who truly seen Ainz as he really is and he got killed in less than 5 minutes, Ainz really had reasons to be upset
Sep 7, 2022 5:06 PM
Jan 2018
Wonderful EP good plot and it's nice to see Ainz Ambitions throught the chapter
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2022

488 by BlackSummoner826 »»
May 30, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

151 by Zedz_c »»
May 3, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

244 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

295 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2022

271 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 3:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.