Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2022 7:17 PM
Nov 2020
The ending part is one of the most satisfying anime moments to me. Everything including soundtrack, animation look so perfect, emotional and heartwarming. I really love when Shin and Lena’s hands look representing the title at the ending. This anime definitely deserves another season. I’m looking forward to it.
Mar 19, 2022 7:18 PM

May 2013
Holy shit that was good! I'm in tears here! This was awesome episode and ending especially ending with that SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Honoka Takahashi『LilaS』song!
Mar 19, 2022 7:25 PM

Jun 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with 86 thus far. I'm really itching to pick up the light novels now!

Mar 19, 2022 7:31 PM

Feb 2008
Bro, what an ending. I just wanted them to meet. Perfect ending.
Felt like... my first time watching a show. Worth the 1 year wait for this moment.

A very weird second season, with a lot of delays and a lot less Vladilena. That's what sometimes put me off, not seeing her in the screen. But I guess that was the point of the second cour: to show the separated ways of Handler One and Spear Squadron and how at the end they finally meet. I seriously do not understand the delays with a production studio like A-1. I guess we will never discover the reasons either.

Enjoyed both cours a lot, interesting characters, weird but sick mechanical designs. They can't end it here. There is a live event in April so let's hope for a second season announcement. I also hope that they explain more about the Legion enemy because a whole bunch of robots can't be the only enemy here.

Glad they showed a bit of information about what happened in the Republic. Solid second cour.

8/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 19, 2022 7:32 PM

Jun 2017
Wow there's a lot that I want to express about how much I love in this series(but I'll hold back) and this season so far. I'll be honest that I appreciate that the production was willing to delay the episode releases for w/e reason hopefully for a better delivery I'd say that it was a minor inconvience when these last 2 episodes came out months after the previous one so I had to backtrack the episodes a bit.

That said it felt so gratifying seeing the commander reuniting with the spearhead squadran after last season sudden departure man. I'm somehow more satisfied that the other memebers now know was Lena looks like and look forward to future seasons if there are plans to. Otherwise I'm gonna pick up the light novel sources as I know do to restraints to this medium there are probably details that didn't make the cut and I like to indulge in that. Great season and hoping for another one ASAP.
Mar 19, 2022 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
What a fucking ending dude. Oh my god. I was totally expecting it to end without them meeting. One of the rare times an anime has truly brought tears to my eyes.
Mar 19, 2022 8:07 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril and her team are reunited
Mar 19, 2022 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
wasnt the biggest fan of this war story overall wasn't that great but 86 had some of the best directing ive seen for a anime show which was a hard carry top it off with some banger music and good visuals at times and you got a hit ,outside of like the 2 main leads characters weren't much to talk about(and easily ruined by one of them ya lil shit) i personally would've enjoyed a extended first cour even if some parts of the 2nd cour fixed some of my issues of lack of world building granted such a major event happened off screen only to see bits of it in the very end is a bit underwhelming.

was gonna give the ending a lower rating if they really didn't make them meet but i figured well i guess them missing each other could be used as a more emotional tool for her to catch up but then they time skipped for Lena to end up working together with em , add on using the Fido POV again for some tearjearking action to the actual for real reunion which i frankly really liked and bam everyone's crying

can't say i liked most of what happened but man did i like the very end think im just salty because of the fake out last week happening so soon for us despite it being a year

7.5/10 uh didnt feel like they were really wrapping up but i think i'm good unless there's some crazy different angle the plot can go i'v have my fill of the spearhead crew
Mar 19, 2022 8:23 PM

Jan 2017
ffs as if last week's episode didn't had me giggling while in tears enough, their real reunion on this episode almost killed me 😛

The return of Fido's POV alongside a new song from Sawano, BRILLIANT

As somebody who hated LN vols 2 + 3, this second cour made it not unbearable to sit through, massive props to the team behind this adaptation. Can we hope to see the Strike Package in action soon?
Mar 19, 2022 8:23 PM
Jan 2022
I've got nothing much to say, just that this is totally amazing. Even as one who've read the LN, this still is just......man 86/10 definitely
Mar 19, 2022 8:32 PM
Jun 2020
"YES, THEY FINALLY MET. NOW I CAN REST IN PEACE," is what I felt while embracing the moment, with the new soundtrack by Sawano Hiroyuki "LilaS".

I can't ask for anything more except for a sequel. This episode is a masterpiece and has its own sign that I will remember all the time. It's that time Shin moves on from his brother, realizes that he HAS a true reason to keep fighting and stay alive, and that is his squad, which he considered a family already, and of course for Lena. It's truly worth the wait and I'm glad I got to witness this episode as soon as possible. Literally felt the emotion hitting deep when the two met Face to Face, like everything up until now is leading up to that one moment. Definitely an ultimate ending for a season.

Thanks A-1 Pictures for keeping our hopes up.
Rants and possibly reviewing shows I have watched.
Mar 19, 2022 8:38 PM
Feb 2022
I'm happy with the end of the first season of 86 I'm happy that major lena has seen the rest of the spearhead squadron
Mar 19, 2022 8:40 PM

Sep 2018
Slightly better than the first season for me, 8/10. Average story, carried tremendously by excellent productions values and a decent cast.
Mar 19, 2022 9:34 PM
Jun 2021
Felt like the quality check delays were worth the wait. I wound up reading the LNs all the way in January so I knew this was coming and it still hit the feels. I really can’t stress how much I like visual portrayals over internal dialogue to explain what’s going on.

Episode - 8/6 (10/10)
Cour - 9.5/10 My favourite show from 21. Honestly a real heavy hitter for the mecha genre, the final scene is a brilliancy in all areas. Visually, emotionally, dialogue and that OST really brought it home.

For those wondering, the show has covered volumes 1-3 of the LN and there’s 8-9 volumes out. It might sound weird coming off of this blowout of a finale, but the story hasn’t reached its climax. Since numbers and ratings look good for the show, a third cour isn’t off the table and I will be rooting for a continuation of the anime, A-1 really outdid themselves with this story and I can’t wait to see what they might do with what lies ahead
Mar 19, 2022 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, 10/10 episode, 10/10 adaptation. This would've been AOTY 2021 if not for the production delays. Season 2 can't come soon enough
Mar 19, 2022 9:51 PM
Dec 2021
So amazing, there are no words to describe it.10/10 for the last ep
Mar 19, 2022 9:53 PM
Jul 2020
there's no season 3
Mar 19, 2022 9:54 PM
Jul 2020
i want season if will be blessed
Mar 19, 2022 9:54 PM
Jul 2020
made me cry tears of joy, i haven't cried these tears for so long!! easily one of my favorites!! Also I loved Theo's drawing that was amazing XD
Mar 19, 2022 9:55 PM

Jul 2017
There has NEVER BEEN A GREATER FINISH than 86, and this finale was just AS PERFECT as the series overall.

Shin and gang are back in Ernst's house, and as much as they enjoyed the fruits of their labor, all they ever wanted as to return to the battlefield. Shin finally got the chance to pay respects to Eugene (before he got brainwashed by the Legion), and Marcel got the resolution he so desperately needed. Everyone got the resolution they wanted from the Reaper, and he's ready to fight another day for their sake. Avid was pretty much the sole highlight ED to expect, and I have nothing to expect but tears of awesomeness coming from SawanoHiroyuki.

Going back to Lena, her promise still stands as she faced the same aftermath as Shin and gang from the Legion's attacks that decimated the San Magnolia Republic, and unfortunately the racism of the 86 just doesn't seem to stop (but it sure will with this). Lena has chosen to head to the Giad Federacy, and of course, hearing from Annette that Shin and gang alive, she can't be anymore happier with her joining the way.

The reunion of Bloody Regina with the Spearhead Squadron which she has been LONGING since Day 1, HOLY WOWSERS. And for that, SawanoHiroyuki's special ED『LilaS』feat. Honoka Takahashi is just the PERFECT song for replaying through Fido's POV, and the new-found collaboration between Handler One and the 86.

ABSOLUTELY A JAW-DROPPING TEARFUL MASTERPIECE. I really need Season 2 of 86 when it's able to drop. Absolutely 2021's new AOTY.

KANLen09Mar 19, 2022 9:58 PM
Mar 19, 2022 9:56 PM

Nov 2021
The finale was really really good. I can't express my feelings how it ended. Loved it so much!!!

"Curiosity is like a cockroach. It likes to stumble upon secrets that are supposed to stay hidden."
― Hitagi Senjougahara
Mar 19, 2022 10:03 PM

Apr 2021
86 man :-: !!!!!!!
All I have to say is that this was an excellent show!!!!! And yeah Lena finally caught up to them!!! I'm so glad!!!!! Hoping there'll be a season 3 :D
As for this season I'll give it a solid 9/10!!!!
Mar 19, 2022 10:15 PM
Nov 2018
I love a satisfying ending, and this episode was great. Honestly I have been impressed by the directing of this show. I heard the director is relatively new, so that is impressive. For Part 2, I found the first couple of episodes to be not as exciting as Part 1, but the last couple of episodes have been a lot more enjoyable. Overall, I really enjoyed 86 and I'm glad I gave it a chance.
Mar 19, 2022 10:35 PM

Jan 2018
Fr*nch toast? Does Fr*nce exist in this universe?

Oh boy, this finale was filled with emotion. It's been a while since a new anime filled me with this much emotion. Even though I waited 3 months for this it didn't affect me at all. Now it doesn't feel like the wait was that long at all.

I hope this isn't the end of the anime. A-1 outdid themselves with an adaption of this calibre so I wouldn't be surprised if a new season takes a while to come out. I heard some people call this a Re:ZERO ending where the anime tries to wrap up everything even though everybody knows this isn't the ending. Hope we won't have to wait a long time for season 2's announcement like with Re:ZERO.
Mar 19, 2022 10:45 PM
Apr 2021
Waiting for Season 2
Mar 19, 2022 11:04 PM
Dec 2021
OtakuGlasses said:
MadanielFL said:
The moment LN readers have been waiting to see in the anime for so long!

which chapter/volume did it end in the anime? I wanna continue 86 by reading the LN hehe
86 ends in vol 3 u can start by vol 4
Mar 19, 2022 11:09 PM
Dec 2021
sirmattis said:
Hey i'm thinking of ordering all the available English LN volumes. Can someone tell me if there are more events after the ones from in the anime?
According to MAL the LN is still ongoing so i'm guessing there are.
anime ends at vol 3 there r total 11-12 Japanese novel which r ongoing with 9 novels being officially translated in English if u wanna buy it u can start from vol 4 cause anime ends with vol 3
Mar 19, 2022 11:29 PM
Sep 2019
Did you notice this date?

Mar 19, 2022 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Just when I thought it ended with a cliffhanger, they did a masterpiece with that flashback cameos and the catchups. Hope they make another season too.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 19, 2022 11:46 PM

Feb 2012
The rest of Spearhead squesron holding laugt while grinning like idiot.
Yup thats me too xD and i sure many of us...
The anticipation make us giddy.
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 19, 2022 11:58 PM
Jun 2021
I felt at ease when she met shin, most beautiful ending. ost played it's part too ❤️
mxlxndMar 20, 2022 12:04 AM
Mar 20, 2022 12:03 AM
Apr 2020
Those two months worth of wait for the final episode, definitely worth it especially with the conclusion. I'm fully satisfied now. And I'm glad that this is my 1000th anime :D

Is there an action anime with the adaptation as perfect as this? I don't think so. No words needed. This, definitely is a MASTERPIECE, BEYOND PERFECTION anime.. and for those who will argue with me, I'll send you to hell. Also the director of this anime is his first time directing. Amazing, right?

10/10 for this one. I RARELY give a perfect rate but this anime deserves it. I'll gladly watch this again if another season will be announced but for now, it's time to say goodbye for this. I will remember this for a long time :)
Mar 20, 2022 12:16 AM

Jul 2016
The most anticipated moment in the whole series and it only lasted 2-3 minutes. Well, at least it was masterfully directed. Can't deny that.
Also imagine being a supposedly serious Giad officer but you decide to blatantly black some names from the list of your new commander's recently formed squad just because you are into unexpected cheesy reunions. Giad's higher-ups sure are something else, huh?

Overall, as uninteresting as Part 1. Direction and OST remained as outstanding as ever but I have to say both story and characters were utterly mediocre throughout these two cours. Frederica's addition to the cast was particularly awful and if it wasn't notorious enough, Shinei's absurd plot armour sure went full force during this second part. So powerful that even his teammates received a bit of it in the end.

5/10
Mar 20, 2022 12:21 AM
May 2019
I love 86 so much and I'm sad that season 1 ended. I'll miss them so much 💕 hopefully season 2 will announce soon. we need more 😭🥺❤
Mar 20, 2022 12:24 AM

Oct 2016
My God, these last 2 episodes really made that 3 month wait feel like nothing, cause it was so very worth it. Peak fucking fiction.

Very cathartic to see my most favorite series ever be adapted amazingly, and it's all thanks to the staff and A-1, especially Toshimasa Ishii.

I've been waiting for this moment ever since I read it last year, God it's beautiful. Let's hope to God there's a season 2 announcement on April 10, the anniversary event. Until then, my copy of volume 9 arrived yesterday, so let's get reading.

Easiest 10/10 ever.
Mar 20, 2022 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
So gooood soo gooooooddddd
Mar 20, 2022 12:35 AM
May 2021
10/10 series man, just loved it 🔥🔥. I hope season 2 comes soon
Mar 20, 2022 12:51 AM
Jul 2017
(9/10) this anime deserve on my top 10 anime list, man this last episode is perfect, the scene when lena meet all the remaining squad is awesome and also the music fits the scene so well, god damn im going to miss this anime aye. Sorry for my bad english :[
Mar 20, 2022 12:53 AM
May 2021
The novel was very emotional but the adaptation is above everything. They've come a long journey and hard times until they unite face to face. Definitely one of the best scene i've ever witnessed
Mar 20, 2022 1:14 AM

Mar 2020
Emotional damage.
What a S-tier anime we have this season.
nice
Mar 20, 2022 1:25 AM
Jan 2020
I love so much this episode ❤❤❤
Mar 20, 2022 1:27 AM
Mar 2021
Finally they meet!! I read the LN so I have been waiting for this. It feels as if I am meeting an old friend myself, I am so touched. We watch their journey for 24 episodes, know the up and down of them, feeling many types of emotion together and finally they meet...

I hope the next season come out soon!!
Mar 20, 2022 1:42 AM

Mar 2020
Arigatooo!! I'm so happy for everyone!!! Finally!!!!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 20, 2022 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
this is one of the best episodes I've seen this episode was beautiful when everyone came home and met Ernst was great and the last reunion between lena and everyone was really beautiful I really hope 86 will get a 2nd season this is one of the best anime I've seen
removed-userAug 14, 2022 2:08 AM
Mar 20, 2022 1:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
mattnoce said:
What a fucking ending dude. Oh my god. I was totally expecting it to end without them meeting. One of the rare times an anime has truly brought tears to my eyes.

It was getting so close to the end of the episode, I was already telling myself to be satisfied with the season ending with Lena ON HER WAY to see them. And honestly I would have been satisfied with that alone, the moment the OP finished playing would've made for a good ending, even without them meeting. It would give us something to look forward to after all...

...but then a new song by sawano starts playing, and then it happens. Instant boost from a 9 to 10.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 20, 2022 2:36 AM
Aug 2021
Ngl 86 is the best mecha anime I've ever seen after codegeass
Mar 20, 2022 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
BetaMaleUltra said:
mattnoce said:

It was getting so close to the end of the episode, I was already telling myself to be satisfied with the season ending with Lena ON HER WAY to see them. And honestly I would have been satisfied with that alone, the moment the OP finished playing would've made for a good ending, even without them meeting. It would give us something to look forward to after all...

...but then a new song by sawano starts playing, and then it happens. Instant boost from a 9 to 10.
what’s that song name?
Mar 20, 2022 3:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
mattnoce said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

what’s that song name?

LilaS

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 20, 2022 3:23 AM

Feb 2021
So heartwarming episode! I cried when Shin and Lena finally met!!

I wish they announce second season on the Anniverasry Evenyt on the 10th of April!!
Mar 20, 2022 3:34 AM

Dec 2008
There were many christmas themed episodes this season, it felt a bit silly after the hardcore battle and aftermath later.
But I think the presents were nicely chosen, also liked Kurena going shopping and bought gorgeous half boots.
Theo's drawings were hilarious, first Lena as pig, Lena riding on pig and Lena with Shin XD

I was really hoping that they all would meet in the end, but also didn't believe the studio would be doing that.
By any means that was the most rewarding ending of anime in history.

I had joyful tears in my eyes when "Handler One" met everyone in person without hard feelings.
unlike me, Lena remembered everyones names, but let's be honest she is only close with Shin.

While I wasn't happy with everything going on in this season, the amazing ending still is there and I would give it a 9/10 rating.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [SPOILER]. If they make a second season would it be a romance?

Superninjaboy2 - Jun 3

12 by Flacion »»
Jun 4, 10:50 AM

» Light Novel after anime??

RadicalSanta - Oct 11, 2022

23 by rayanDON »»
Jun 1, 10:12 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

155 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 20, 5:28 AM

Poll: » 86 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

340 by HYPERCOE »»
May 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2021

239 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 9:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.