Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 27, 2022 11:29 AM

May 2016
That was so fresh almost felt unreal, another great episode 6/10
score raised to 8/10
Feb 27, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
This episode had it all, didn't it? =)

Seeing Shinju going into strong detail into how good her camera is and how she loves to take photos of her older sister was pretty wholesome if I must say, although I'm a bit surprised that she doesn't show interested in trying cosplay herself, as I think she would look nice doing so.

Either way, the group's trip the the abandoned hospital led to more development for Juju, as she explained to Gojo about what inspired her cosplay in the first place. I'm sure everyone's first attempts at cosplay will be rough and dodgy in places (I know mine was when I first tried it! XD), but her commitment to doing something she loves has definitely paid off for her.

Also, I did burst out laughing when she fainted after Gojo held her and, with the narrator saying that she's never had a boy hold her hand before until now!

Marin and Gojo's trip to the beach was full of surprises. First was the fact that neither of them wore swimwear due to not being swimming season just yet, but the more important surprise was the animation quality for this scene.

I can see why the background detail wasn't much of a priority here as the movement animation for Gojo, Marin and the bird who stole the burger was very satisfying. It's not to everyone's taste, that is understandable, but I'm simply impressed with this quality throughout the whole episode, not just the beach scene alone. =D

I have to applaud Marin for having the courage to ask Gojo to hang out with him for the whole of Summer break, promising to take him to places he's not been to before and, most importantly, it'll be only the two of them. I had a big smile on my face seeing Marin's happy reactions after Gojo agreed with her idea. ^_^^
Feb 27, 2022 1:23 PM

Aug 2018
Very good episode.
Shinju is very adorable and we see a little better when Wakana decided to make Hina dolls and also why Sajuna wanted him to make her costume.
The beach part was precious <3
Feb 27, 2022 1:49 PM
Aug 2015
That beach scene was so peaceful! It‘s not just the overused fanservice beach scene.
Feb 27, 2022 2:03 PM

Apr 2016
Homura24 said:
is it just me or did the animation feel a bit of

amazing episode anyways

No eye for Sakuga. Don't worry you'll get it eventually.
Feb 27, 2022 2:06 PM

Oct 2018
This was easily the most beautiful animation we have seen from this show till now. There were some great sakuga cuts in the abandoned studio half, but the beach portion of the episode looked positively stunning. The episode itself was also one of my favourites. I really dig the chill vibe this episode was emanating.
Feb 27, 2022 2:29 PM

May 2020
Nice peaceful episode! I didn’t remember the beach scene in the manga so this was quite nice!
Feb 27, 2022 3:44 PM

Jan 2020
Great episode. The art and animation specifically really stood out and I liked the sakuga bit with the mahou shoujo flashback.

The beach part was quite wholesome and I'm liking the way things are progressing

Feb 27, 2022 4:06 PM

Aug 2019
Most boring episode so far
No tits in it very disappointing
Feb 27, 2022 5:00 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode, especially the beach half, loved that. A change to the normal animation but nice regardless.

(For some reason the beach part was giving me Eva vibes.)
Feb 27, 2022 5:45 PM

May 2020
HajimeNozomiUwU said:
Homura24 said:
is it just me or did the animation feel a bit of

amazing episode anyways

U have Sao as ur top anime
And a profile pic of 02
Stfu

Feb 27, 2022 6:11 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
who gave cloverworks the right to make this ep so aesthetic

i was so worried when i saw it was cloverworks doing bisque doll cuz they already ruined horimiya but i'm glad they've been doing this justice

π’«π‘œπ“… 𝒢 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Ύπ“‚π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“π‘’π’Ή
π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’
π’«π“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’»π“Ž π“‚π“Ž π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Feb 27, 2022 7:02 PM

Jan 2019
SoraSenpai said:
But I felt like the Art and Animation during the beach scene where Marin and Gojo enter the water was fucking beautiful. It reminded me a lot of Sonny Boy's animation in regards to using a lot of still frame backgrounds but still animating the water. The Sound of the ocean was amazing as well.

Came to see if anyone would have made this comparison. I had the same feeling that it was directed similarly to Sonny Boy.

I agree with the rest of the comment as well. This is the best episode so far.
Feb 27, 2022 9:23 PM

May 2021
This episode was alright, the beach scene was fascinating to watch because of the fluidity and colours of it, but the proportions were off in many places, interesting trade-off I guess

Feb 27, 2022 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
Shelby07 said:
I really expect this episode to not have sexual shots and Here I am feeling disappointed.

bruhh horny jail please lol
Feb 27, 2022 10:34 PM
Oct 2019
Another beautiful episode, put a big smile on my face...
Feb 27, 2022 11:42 PM

May 2015
Maybe it's too late to say this but Marin gives me huge Zero Two vibes. I think I understand why people like her so much.
Feb 28, 2022 1:45 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because it shows more of why Inui liked the clothes created by Gojo that in this case she fell in love with the clothes and we also have Kitagawa without thinking twice asking Gojo out
Feb 28, 2022 2:24 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Juju-sama may be a little bit bitchy but I like her she's so cute.
Feb 28, 2022 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. I can't wait for Marin and Gojo to kiss for the first time. If it ever happens xD
Feb 28, 2022 5:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh nice, i got a little lesson of photography from this episode. Thank you very much, Shinju-chan. But you really need to consider doin a cosplay too, for the sake of your beloved sister.

Dang Juju using an abandoned hospital, very dedicated person over her childhood dream. Respect. Not to mention she also willing to tell some of her story toward the only boy there, which for sure make Gojo-kun suddenly felt emotional. Good job, Gojo-kun.

Beach episode without swimsuit? Its unbeliavable! But don't be so sad, at least i got Marin panties. Thank you very much, Cloverworks, appreciated xd. I can see Marin fell more into a wuv hole. So can't wait to see more of their 'futari' moment on the summer vacation. Its sure make their relationship to be more wuvly. Well, and don't forget about the cosplay session too with Juju! Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 28, 2022 8:17 AM
May 2021
kinda disappointing that Kitagawa didn't have a bikini with her
Feb 28, 2022 9:51 AM
Nov 2019
Is it just me or the animation feels odd
Feb 28, 2022 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
Homura24 said:
HajimeNozomiUwU said:

U have Sao as ur top anime
And a profile pic of 02
Stfu

Great observations! Now if only you had that same eye for sakuga.
Feb 28, 2022 1:26 PM

Dec 2019
Amazing episode like always cant wait for next week

marin was super cute at the beach when she was blushing lol
Feb 28, 2022 2:52 PM

Aug 2019
The beach scene was absolutely beautiful

They’re so freaking adorable
Feb 28, 2022 3:16 PM
Apr 2021
Beach episode = instant 10/10
Also, the animation was amazing in this episode
Idk how to make a fancy signature with an image. I'll figure it out when I'm not so tired
Feb 28, 2022 4:53 PM

Dec 2015
First episode I didn't really liked. First half felt too slow, those new characters still feel like a drag to the experience. Second half had some cool moments that made me smile, but it felt pointless, not to mention the character design looked weird from scene to scene. Nothing really major, but because I was genuinely bored at the first half, 5/10 episode for me
Feb 28, 2022 5:48 PM
Feb 2016
It's getting a little bit strange for me, i mean Marin fell in love with Gojo afterall, but Gojo only seems to be interested in her body, pretty much the only time when he is blushing is when he can see any of her bodyparts, other than that he only sees her as a friend. Fuck man i want to see some love. I know that it's not easy to fall in love or else, but it feels like Gojo has zero fucking tendency to do so.
Feb 28, 2022 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Maaan I was pissed when Inui came into the picture. Thought she'd have the whole bitchy attitude as a personality. The fact that they were going to bring more female characters into the picture after making the audience fall in love with Marin just seemed stupid. But I was wrong. In the two episodes following episode six, "Sajuna" turned out to be a really interesting character. Their deadpan attitude is actually pretty charming, and while I rarely use this to describe anime characters, I think they're pretty "cute". Her reaction when Gojou started crying was gold.

Her sister is also pretty interesting. Yet again, I was unenthused during her introduction. She seemed like she'd just be a stuttering mess the whole time. But she ended up having quite a bit of personality. Aside from the "I LOVE taking pictures of my sister" parts -- because, in America, that just doesn't sound right -- it's always pleasant listening to her talk about photography. I like photography a lot, and I think it's cool how they're introducing basic concepts to the audience, who might not beaware of the difference between smartphones and the DSLR per se.

Mar 1, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2022
honestly the animation in the first half felt a bit off, but made up for it in the second half. Also I think this is the first time I've seen a beach scene/episode in an anime that wasn't just pure fanservice.

It feels like there was alot less fanservice this episode which I'm glad about, the anime is a lot better without fanservice
Mar 1, 2022 9:08 AM
Jan 2021
Juju sitting next to her little sister is confusing, like are you sure shes the older sister. gojo just got asked out and gives the most basic reaction lmao.
Mar 1, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2018
This particular episode hits hard. Maybe based on my personal experience.
Mar 1, 2022 2:51 PM

Dec 2015
this episode was so visually stunning for literally no reason, im not complaining tho it was a really good episode
Mar 1, 2022 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
1) gojou lightly swinging his hands while entering the abandoned hospital studio
2) when sajuna was walking past gojou to enter the studio, the camera pans from her to him
I really liked these two short scenes haha. I noticed before that I liked some of the walking scenes (like the last part of the OP)

The pause when Shinju was asked if she wants to cosplay, I wonder if she really wants to do it too? small!Gojou is so so precious oh noooooooooo ;;;;;; then the sudden cut to T.T big!Gojou LOL but really with Sajuna, Gojou looks like a giant

"we went here for work right?" "eh?" "eh?" Even without him talking I can hear Gojou's γͺんですって while listening to Marin's reason of going to the beach.

The contrast with Marin's proactive/in love feelings for Gojou is so cute. So we're seeing more dates huh Marin GJ πŸ‘ Gojou called the beach beautiful. It really looked beautiful from Marin's POV with him standing and looking over the big sparkly waters
Mar 1, 2022 11:14 PM
Jul 2017
Gojo and Kitagawa are getting more closer now. He's so happy to have finally found a friend. And he knows for sure Kitagawa is his girlfriend when the two of them went to the beach all alone. Now we can see Gojo be more outgoing. And Shinju is a very timid girl who loves photography. Can't stand Sajuna and her antics. Grumpy ass loli tsundere. She once suffered from chunibyou.
Mar 2, 2022 1:43 AM

Dec 2008
Well, I can't say I am really interested in the other girls they might add some plot elements, but Marin simply outshines them with her presence and natural cheerfulness.

"just the two of us" Gyahhhhhhhh Marin landing critical hits now.

I like how innocent Gojou is and that Marin is a little weird, before she was the cool gyaru, but Gojou turned her all upside down and now she is the funny and charming girl. I hope her feelings reach him.

The empty beach was a great scenery, but normally I would have imagined the beach to be a bit more prettier.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2022 11:18 AM
Nov 2018
My fucking goodness this episode was amazing.

The animation on this episode was also spot on, Juju's smooth movements trying to back away from Gojo were hilarious. And the animation on the beach together was so sweet.

Really looking forward to their summer vacation, I want more moments like these! They're too damn cute!
Mar 2, 2022 3:23 PM

Mar 2021
Omg the beach scene, so wholesome <3

Plus the amazing animation, so smooth and fluid, some people may complain but its less details for more animation in movements, and in this case its worth it ^^
There's already good animation in this anime, but this scene, they put more effort in it I think, really loved it !
Mar 3, 2022 8:09 AM
Feb 2021
Idk why but this episode at some points felt like it was real people acting it out but they were drawn over and animated.
Mar 4, 2022 5:51 PM
Jul 2017
I was wanting to see them have a hot and steamy make out scene at the beach.
Mar 5, 2022 10:02 AM
Dec 2019
The part where Marin and Gojo went to the beach was cute. Like the part where she said she wanted to spend the summer with him.
Mar 5, 2022 5:34 PM
Apr 2016
The beach scene was absolutely beautiful. Not only from visual standpoint, the direction and the feel were so real.
Mar 7, 2022 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
The animation went hard this episode. Loving the rotoscoping too, looks really good.
Mar 9, 2022 5:00 AM

Apr 2021
Juju-sama and her sister are an interesting duo......They(Gojo and Juju) talk about their dreams and finally we end up at the ocean!!!!! I liked the last few minutes of the episode......it was wholesome!!!!
Mar 11, 2022 12:42 AM
Mar 2012
ridiculous smooth fight for the show in show. Realistic just natural vibes at the beach date.
The talks with Shinju & Juju felt quite genuine on their backstories. Thought Gojou would holdhand like the haunted house trope but nope she panic passout lol.
Mar 11, 2022 2:52 AM
Oct 2020
I'm going to scratch the beach scene to my brain forever!
Mar 11, 2022 9:59 AM
Sep 2020
It was a pretty decent episode glad this anime is getting so much recognition
Mar 12, 2022 5:43 AM

Oct 2017
Marin x Gojou moments were sweet. The beach part was beautiful.
Mar 16, 2022 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Zryn said:
Phenomenal episode, especially the second half for the beach portion. The panels, angles, dialogue, everything was literally done so well. NOW THAT IS HOW YOU DO A BEACH EPISODE.

Definitely agree about the angles. The scene composition here was great.

Anyways this episode was actually decent and the first time I was able to relate to Gojou, since I'm an introvert myself. But instead of making dolls... I played video games and, in my mid teen years, watched anime. Sigh. Maybe I would have been better off artistically if I made dolls like Gojou.
removed-userMar 16, 2022 9:53 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

395 by Lanz »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

485 by Lord_sag4 »»
May 8, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

192 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

231 by Netbug »»
Apr 29, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

366 by Netbug »»
Apr 28, 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.