Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 10, 2022 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
A great finale especially the first to mid part.
Last part was just gintama randomness mixed in
Takasuga died but apparently got reborn as a baby because of shoyo ?
All in all it was a truly emotional ending i loved it.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Apr 12, 2022 11:40 PM
Feb 2019
I don't have friends to share my story with so I hope u don't mind me writing my
Gintama Journey

I finished Gintama about a week ago Thought I'd also write my feelings here

I watched Gintama too positively I enjoyed even the parts that actually suck My fav arc is SA nd my fav characters r 1)Gintoki 2)Takasugi 3)Kagura 4)Toshi 5)Sogo

My early takes were so funny When I was watching s1, I hated Takasugi (lol) and now I'm in love with him I wasn't a big fan of shigeshige and even disliked zenzo and now their arc is my all-time fav shonen arc (SA) lol ...I remember that when I started Gintama I didn't want any serious parts at all The comedy was gold to me Nothing had made me laugh as much and I even ended up giving s1 a 10 ....Now I'd never Not because it wasn't good It's still a 9 but because gintama increased my standards bit by bit It is funny how I used to think I watched 60% Gintama after finishing s1 and got sad

I mean yeah length-wise s1 was 60% of the show but when you recall the whole journey/story,things barely started in s1 When I started S4 I liked the tone "comedy mixed with seriousness" and felt a huge increase in standards and had so much fun that I gave it a 10 instantly (It's my fav season) so when I watched SA and FS I was like how do I increase my rating to a 12 ?

And my fun didn't end there , the reason why Gintama became my top 2 was that every arc from SA was a back to back package I started to appreciate gintama even more Never would have I expected that the author would also use his "so-called forgotten premise", the amanto I read the manga and trust me Silver soul was a masterpiece Everything Gintama had which felt unfinished was given a conclusion in SS And that wasn't the end either cuz there was this final arc accompanying it SSA was a perfect conclusion to the characs (particularly for Shoyo and his disciples)

I still remember how even after liking SA and FS a lot , I wrote in a forum "I'm scared I might not like Gintama's seriousness as much" I chose comedy of when asked "Gintama's comedy or Gintama's seriousness" And now I choose the later I love the serious parts just so much now...But well I know that me loving the seriousness is because of the comedy so in the end both factors make Gintama fun Not to mention that Gintama's been in my top 10 ever since s1 which was purely fun After watching this idk y but I expect progress , development and some sort of seriousness in comedy anime I wish there were more anime that could pull this but that's exactly y Gintama is special
Apr 13, 2022 12:01 AM
Feb 2019
Amazinc said:
The big fight was epic but it also got me a bit confused. I know Utsuro is sharing his body but how did he imagine so much of what happened and then not know his body was on the ground? What was the second body he saw then?

I relate to you so badly...My mind was doing 2 tasks Crying for Takasugi's upcoming death and trying to understand the fight

FAJIRU said:
Does anyone else just feel empty now?

I will never be empty- Sakata Gintoki
C'mon when he said that even when having to bid farewell to his comrade how can we say that we r empty ! Takasugi lives within him and Gintama lives within us !

removed-user said:
wait but who tf is gintoki's parents. i don't remember if they told us but it making crazy and frustrated not knowing anything bfr he met shoyo.

Yeah I also like to believe that gintoki too doesn't know about his parents Remember how in umibozu arc he said "I don't know I've never had a family" Though it kinda makes me sad y he would say that when he had Shoyo and shouka sonjuku but it's understandable He probably thinks he doesn't have the right to think that cuz he had to destroy it all by his hands in an attempt to protect it all Not to mention that even though yoruzuya share a family-like bond, they deny being like a family Not because blood relation matters but because their bonds are so strong that they don't need to call themselves that I like thinking this is the case of Gintoki with Shoyo and shouka sonjuku
As of origin I have never wanted them to show it cuz gintoki's past is tied to shouka and his family was that What would be the point of showing the origin ? To gintoki his parent-figure is Shoyo and he was the one who raised him
Jun 7, 2022 2:53 AM
Jun 2020
When you think the final movie would be serious all the way, but no. This is the most Gintama way to end Gintama, and the best way to end it

Thank you Silver Ba-...
Jun 8, 2022 10:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The dragon ball kind of recap is an amazing idea xD perfect to start a Gintama movie and then the following serious action was great as well! Though Takasugi's death hurt wow, I never been a fan of him but he became way better in the latest seasons so after all that time it was very emotional... also that troll with Tama and the fake Edo - futuristic Tokyo xD but that's really a perfect way to finish the anime with a Madao's troll (and that Ginpachi sensei final as well).
Can't believe it's already over, what an incredible journey I'll miss every characters and especially the comedy moments, probably the best anime I've ever watched...
Jun 13, 2022 6:15 AM

Aug 2020
Gintama: The Final is pretty good but imo it could've been better, specially the animation is kind of thrown me into disappointment. I was still amazed by the narration and direction of the anime. Good job, the journey ends here. See you in my memories I guess

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 13, 2022 5:10 AM

Jan 2018
Thank you Gintama for everything. It's been 7 long years for me since I've became an avid fan of the show. The laughs and sacrifices along the way are worth it.

It is really the end. So long.
Aug 1, 2022 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
This movie was just Amazing! This is what you call a Cinema!
SS after math arc is my favorite arc of Gintama. This movie starts with a recap in Dragon Ball art style, and Katsura is Yamcha, lol. The small Flashback fo Gintoki, Katsura & Takasugi with only ost was perfect. Everyone from Kabukicho town evading the tower was such a great moment.

Then we get some fights, Katsura vs mummy guy was a great fight, same goes for Takasugi & Gintoki vs Tendoshu. After that we have the reunion of Odd Jobs, and it was hilarious, Gintoki with effect of Gear 3, lol and his legs, lmao. Seeing them together was wholesome.

Now comes the best part and my favorite from Gintama series. Takasugi & Gintoki vs Utsuro. By far the best fight in Gintama for me. The farewell between Gintoki & Takasugi, Shoyo sensei calling Katsura "prodigy of Shoka Sonjuku" & Shoyo sacrificing himself for everyone. This was the best!

The whole Tama scene was damn Hilarious, Katsura as Elizabeth, lol and in the end everything was narrated by Hasegawa, lmao. Everything was lie, Tama didn't wake up decades later, she waked up just after the fight.

Overall, this movie was a masterpiece. The Animation, Direction & Ost choices were perfect!

Gintama is a MASTERPIECE!!!

Favorite OP: OP 13
Favorite ED: ED 5

Top 10 Favorite character:-
1. Gintoki
2. Katsura
3. Takasugi
4. Shoyo-sensei
5. Hijikata
6. Kagura
7. Sakamoto
8. Shinpachi
9. Kamui
10. Hasegawa

Top 10 Favorite arcs:-
1. Silver Soul aftermath arc (movie)
2. Shogun Assassination - Farwell Shinsengumi arc
3. Sliver Soul arc
4. Rokuyou arc
5. CON arc
6. 4 Devas of Kabukicho arc
7. Kintoki arc
8. Yoshiwara in Flames
9. Thorny arc
10. Benizakura arc

Top 5 Fights:-
1. Gintoki & Takasugi vs Utsuro
2. Everyone vs Utsuro
3. Gintoki vs Takasugi
4. Katsura vs Gorilla
5. Odd Jobs & Kabuto vs Kamui

Favorite Comedy arc: Owee arc

Gintama is on 2nd number in my favorite anime/manga!
removed-userAug 1, 2022 12:43 AM
Aug 15, 2022 10:14 PM

Apr 2020
The movie was a decent conclusion for the last 2 arcs, but nothing that comes close to the first Gintama seasons.
Too much melodrama, too little content. Gintama tried to become something it was not and could not be.
Aug 16, 2022 5:53 PM
Mar 2021
Perfect final for a anime perfect
Sep 17, 2022 6:25 PM
Apr 2021
In my opinion, perfect ending to this series.
Sep 27, 2022 6:07 AM
Jun 2021
So this is it

Thank you Gintama
Sep 28, 2022 6:25 AM
Jul 2022
finally the final gintama release. nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice
Oct 7, 2022 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
Finally, after over 8 months of watching Gintama I reached the end. Was a wild ride with ups and downs.
Oct 23, 2022 10:47 PM
Mar 2010
Didn't really care about the serious stuff that took 2/3 of the movie. Takasugi resurrection was lame af. Otherwise, it was a bittersweet ending. So long Gintama! It was mostly good when it lasted!
Nov 30, 2022 2:22 PM
Nov 2022
The best series i ever watched
Dec 18, 2022 2:34 AM

Aug 2018
And this is where Gintoki's and the odd jobs misadventures truly ends, glad that we got one last film to expierence the comedy, extreme action and to see all the beloved characters once more

Everything here felt like a true Gintama comedy and action which made me a really satisfied person till the very end.

Although pacing almost whole movie taking in one big tower is a little bit ambitious, it delivered and the whole reunion of Gintoki with Kagura and Shinpachi was done really well.

Takasugi's character meeting the end probably was the saddest thing here but the way it was used to defeat Utsuiro was quite clever and unique. Gintoki really did make it look like he lost a very close friend that he admired and respected by his own terms.

The final minutes were really special too seeing Odd jobs in their classic style again was really nice also the fact that whole city didn't fully go futuristic, but still would've been interesting to see it many years after Gintoki's and others heroic acts.

Finaly to end this, I really wanna say that animation was done really nicely, along with fitting music and performances from our beloved characters made this into such a memorrable journey once more, This is exactly why I see Gintama the greatest action comedy of all time and one of the best anime of all time. The ability to blend in every new side character that was introduced into whole comedy is just awesome and thanks to that I feel like we have what can be considered the best supporting cast in all of anime. It really makes me so happy that I decided to take on Gintama as a whole without having as much free time as before and still being able to finish it without giving up, so once again

Thank you Gintama.

Dec 24, 2022 6:27 AM

Jan 2020
Lol, even "Teach me Ginpachi Sensei" get a final version...
Dec 24, 2022 6:29 AM

Jan 2020
Well, suprisingly they managed to fit in the battle with Utsuro with the conclusion to the series.....I would have preferred if they separate the battle in another season or movie....nonetheless the main and major supporting characters gotheir time to speak in the finale...
Dec 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Jan 2020
Although, I hated "The adventure continues" type of ending, somehow I found it fitting for a show like Gintama....
Dec 24, 2022 6:38 AM

Jan 2020
It's been roughly 1 year since I watched the 1st episode of Gintama, and it sure was a wild and bumpy ride...thank you and farewell Gintama.....
Dec 28, 2022 3:59 AM

Apr 2022
the dragon ball styled recap and one piece return to sabaody after 2 years had me dyingg.

this movie was just so beautiful, the vibrant colors, the amazing animation, the music. straight up delivered.

yorozuya finally reunited in an ofc gintama way and also sadhaharu returned. glad to we got to see all of the characters throughout the show appear in the movie, even for a brief moment. also RIP takasugi.

we also got to see ginpachi sensei for the last time which definitely brought closure to me lmao. amazing conclusion to an amazing series. thank you gintama.
Feb 10, 2023 8:37 AM
Jul 2014
Thank God this MCU-tier garbage is finally over.🤣🤣🤣
Mar 11, 2023 11:10 PM
May 2020
Greatest of all time. Zenith of the medium. Hallmark of media. Gold standard of storytelling. Apogee of creativity. Vertex of invention. Crest of ingenuity. Acme of imagination. Pinnacle of innovation. Epic of epics. Legend among legends. Peak fiction.
Jun 10, 2023 6:46 AM

Jul 2016
Nainu_ said:
Thank you Gintama for everything. It's been 7 long years for me since I've became an avid fan of the show. The laughs and sacrifices along the way are worth it.

It is really the end. So long.

It ended. 

It was a thing.

6/10
Aug 4, 2023 11:31 AM
May 2021
Gintama is just pure greatness!! Can’t wait for the spin off series!!
Nov 28, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2019
It feels weird to think that there is no more Gintama, but I don't feel as empty as I thought I would. It might be because the manga already ended in 2019, but maybe the realization will hit me hard while listening to an opening again or seeing Gintama in a random place on the internet.

As much as I loved the whole series and some parts of this movie, I can't say that this was a perfect movie, nor a perfect conclusion, at least for how I wanted things to end.

The main problem of that can be summarized by The Semi-Final and the first 30-40 minutes of The Very Final. The entirety of season 2 of Silver Soul made me so hyped thinking about the way Gintama is going to end and seeing the last scene with Shinpachi and Gintoki on the bridge made me even more eager to see how everything would be continued in the movie. It didn't feel like it was getting dragged on because the whole story with Shoyo's heart and those two's journeys made sense and was very interesting.

But then came The Semi-Final, which I thought was just BNP adapting 2 comedy episodes or just a fake funny ending, but then the movie started and I slowly realized, after that somewhat funny Dragon Ball recap, that everything in The Semi-Final was actually canon and that was so disappointing. I couldn't wait to see the continuation of the bridge scene, how Gintoki will join Takasugi and Katsura to end Utsuro all by themselves, or how they will take down the enemy's base in the space, which was this massive invisible thing, but it seems like the gorillas scene was canon and that's how they managed to somehow take down this very hard to find base. Everything that I loved in the last episodes of Silver Soul had a very bad continuation.

Now the other big problem was that the first 40 minutes of the movie were just not that interesting. Despite The Semi-Final, at least the movie started with the 3 prodigies of Shoka Sonjuku going in alone and fighting everyone until they get too Shoyo, which was nice and had a very nice dialogue, especially when talking about what to do when they will meet Shoyo, but that lasted for a very short amount of time until a very uninteresting fight broke out which was bound to happen, but they focused SO MUCH on that for no reason. I don't understand why Gin looked at Kagura and Shinpachi for that long when he already saw them, back in The Semi-Final. And then came a very boring part. I knew the reunion of the Odd Jobs will happen and I wanted it to happen, but this just wasn't it. The comedy was bad and random and it just didn't feel nearly as emotional as I was hoping for it to be. The fight between Hitsugi and Katsura was just all right but at least the ending was nice with Hitsugi revealing why he's doing all that.

NOW that the bad parts are finally out of the way, it's like after these 40 minutes the movie actually started, because what followed was by far the best part of it. The whole scene with Takasugi getting to met Shoyo was so emotional you could really feel all the emotions he held inside him ever since Shoyo died. Not only that, but the sudden reveal of Utsuro was also nice.

And then came the best part of this movie, the scene that had me on the edge of my seat and then ended up making me cry my eyes out. Everything was amazing, from the animation, to the insanity in Utsuro, the fight making me think that Gintoki is actually going to die, only to make the big reveal even better. The silence after Utsuro understood what happened, the past fights going back to even the Shoka Sonjuku times were so good. I wish they had an amazing OST to go with it, but nevertheless, it was good. That look in Gintoki's eyes, knowing that killing Utsuro is going to kill Takasugi as well, was such an amazing detail. This scene had a lot of small details that just made everyhing amazing, but I do wish there was an OST playing in the background.

And then Takasugi's death was the most touching moment in this movie. It has to be the saddest one in Gintama when despite the lack of a really sad OST, it still managed to make me cry hard. I do really wish they chose a more emotional OST, especially when we've had really good ones in the past, but they went with an OST that didn't really make the scene better.

As much as I wanted this to be much different, Shoyo's 2nd death was still a nice moment. The way Gin told him about his new family... you could really feel how much he wanted Shoyo to know how he is now. I do wish Katsura and Takasugi were there instead, alongside Gin, but at least Shoyo did call Katsura "the prodigy of Shoka Sonjuku", so those 2 still saw each other.

I also did not like at all how much focus was given to Otae who was honestly one of the least important characters in this movie but then you have Nobume who had so much potential here but did nothing. I was looking forward to her talking to Shoyo or fighting Utsuro or even fighting Hitsugi, given that both were in the same group.

And then another part which I didn't really like about the movie was the amount of time given to this comedic end. 30 minutes of Tama just listening to stories was all right, but it really could have fit in 5 minutes and it would have felt better.

I will say the letter from Sakamoto was really nice, but I don't know how to feel about baby Takasugi. By logic, not only Oboro, but also Utsuro should be in there and it just makes no sense that he would be reborned. But at the same time he's not dead so I should feel happy.

The ending just didn't feel like an end to Gintama which is maybe why I don't feel as empty inside after finishing it, but I still would have wanted a more emotional ending.

And of course we had to have the last episode of Ginpachi-Sensei which was funny and honestly had a lot of good questions which sadly got the answers I was hoping would not be true. I really thought Gintoki's origins would be a big arc and a very important plot reveal. It feels a bit like Sorachi wanted to do more things but couldn't.

Overall, I was hoping for a more emotional movie and ending, with a lot more focus given to the Shoka Sonjuku trio and their past with Shoyo and even Oboro, but it was still a good ending and the best moments of the movie were still amazing.

On a side note, Spyair's song was just amazing, as always. Even if I listened to it before the movie was translated, I still loved hearing it in here. It did help a lot to make you feel that this really is the end of it all.

Despite this not being that much of an emotional ending, I'll still miss Gintama and its characters.
Alex_TheForestDec 9, 2023 4:12 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 1, 5:22 PM

Dec 2015
I really wanted to love this series but in the end I only liked a couple is arcs.
Feb 15, 1:10 PM

May 2021
15 years of greatness just ended
Gintoki is goku/luffy fr

Didn’t expect the narration gag to take half the movie lol
Karva1Feb 15, 3:04 PM
Inhales oxygen
Feb 18, 1:45 PM

Jun 2017
It was a great ride. Thank you Gintama.
Feb 23, 8:02 PM

Jun 2016
One of the best fight scenes in all of anime and it came from Gintama of all places. Glad it ended on some more good comedy too.
Apr 30, 7:29 PM
Oct 2023
greatest ending to the greatest anime
May 8, 9:43 AM
Jul 2021
BEST ANIME IN THE WORLD BEST MOVIE ANIME
May 9, 6:29 AM
Nov 2023
I give this 9/10 because visual,plot and Character development is Good.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» All done with Gintama!

RahulSenpai - May 5

21 by KatoJoro »»
May 17, 10:19 AM

» Is there any chance....

DarkGamerA - Nov 7, 2021

14 by KeiMiyashiro »»
Apr 30, 3:17 AM

» Kinda disappointed

MikeyFromCali - May 7, 2022

49 by goaTMaru »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM

» Kurokono Tasuke

Jozuwa-_- - Apr 25, 2023

6 by MikeyFromCali »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.