Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2020 11:53 AM
Jan 2014
Never read the novel and not going to. I really like the plot and characters so far, but Subaru is really irritating sometimes. It's like every time he gets some character development, just a few episodes later you'll see him crying, shouting, denying, etc... Basically it feels like he never grows. Some of his reactions are somewhat understandable, but waaay too exaggerated imo. Overall good season, but Subaru himself is the main dissapointment for me personally.

Still don't see get so many characters seem to like the kid. One moment he is brave and determined and the other he's a mess, like a completely different person. If what Rosewaal's doing is actually required for Subaru to grow a spine, then I'm all for it.
an_funSep 30, 2020 11:59 AM
Sep 30, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Finally over...
Interesting parts on this one.
It sure was hard to watch all this episodes without Rem...But i wont watch the next season if she doenst appear like we all want.
Sep 30, 2020 11:57 AM
Apr 2017
Panzer92 said:
It was cool and all... but I felt a bit lost when they stared talking about Subaru not loving himself. He has simple problem: save people in mansion and in village. How did that turn into him having some breakdown an feeling unloved?
Same with the lizard liking him scene after he woke up. Cmon, he knows Rem loves him, Otto likes him, he can suspect Emilia cares for him.
He finally stared using RBD as powerful tool it is, and now, in imo forced way, they try to limit it?
Still good episde, but Im not sure I like this direction.

in fact not only is it a good direction but it makes perfect sense, subaru is a person who values ​​other people's lives very much but does not value his own life so much and that reset is no longer a problem for him and now he uses it as a solution which somewhat degrades he should not seek his own death to solve his problems
Sep 30, 2020 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
I will say this again..
Patrasche x subaru x otto
Sep 30, 2020 11:59 AM

May 2018
So, Rosswald was the one who send in assassin to his mansion, now thing becomes more shitter for Natsuki Subaru......

Wlep on to the next cour....
Sep 30, 2020 12:05 PM
Jul 2020
xiMii said:
I will say this again..
Patrasche x subaru x otto

Patrasche best girl ofc
Sep 30, 2020 12:06 PM

Apr 2015
The first half has been completed. It's been quite a ride to be honest. This episode told me that the Witches are all quite fascinating. Echidna in particular, but also the likes of Minerva and Satella. They may be twisted and portrayed as "Monsters", but honestly are they really all that bad?

As for the season. Finally some Satella and I love how she was introduced. She was really made out to be "that evil witch, which should not be named" in the first season, but I am glad that I was able to see her this season. Echidna really stole this show though. Her popularity skyrocketed insanely quick.

Eventho this season lacks a lot of Rem, it was still great and I find it so hard to rate this season. I loved it but honestly, I feel like it served more as a build up to what's to come in January. I think a 9/10 is so deserved. But if this would have been a 2 cour show without the 3 months break, easy 10/10... so who knows I might change it after the second part has come out!
Sep 30, 2020 12:06 PM

Mar 2019
Very good first part of S2, although tbh i usually dislike seasons of anything when they stay in one place and it felt like that for this, but overall it kept me coming back asap for every episode, it earns a Great 8/10 from me.

Btw i'm waiting for Subaru to get some actuall skills in this world, maybe that way he wouldn't need to die as much? after what happened with the Witches and Satella's advice, i'm hoping that's coming up.
Sep 30, 2020 12:10 PM
Dec 2017
Pretty epic that this became the 100th anime that I've finished. What an excellent ride. Will be eagerly awaiting for the continuation of this season.
Sep 30, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
Does CR have a different version? Or something was not in the subs? @ShadowkillZ_ @Shirase-san

Yeah, I realized NOW after reading the forum posts... I was spoiled damn.
I was spoiled when one of my friends pointed out what I've said EXACTLY when Satella asked Subaru to kill her in the future. At that point, I thought it wasn't a spoiler, but a revelation in the middle of the ep. Welp, thanks for tagging me, I'm putting it in a spoiler tag now.

Sep 30, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 2019
I have a question regarding the material it is being adapted from, how far is it from completion?
Sep 30, 2020 12:13 PM

Mar 2017
I fucking knew that evil piece of shit had to be the one who hired the assassins at the mansion! They knew too much insider info about the place for it to be anyone other than Roswaal or Ram. God, I hate him so much; he is literally the source of all Subaru's pain and suffering.

Otto has just wormed his way into my heart and that end made my love for him grow. He's been such a great friend to Subaru, always there when he needs him. I have a feeling that there's more to Otto than we know so far... but I could be wrong.

Can't believe this is only the end of Part 1... Part 2 is gonna blow my mind haha
Sep 30, 2020 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
the Satella segment... so much hypocrisy coming from Subaru of all people!

"it's not like anyone cares what happens to a loser like me, right"

I mean wow Subaru. nobody cares? then who is Rem? and what about those possible outliers like Wilhelm of all people treating your suicide as if its his personal failure?

Satella is completely right. he should treasure himself more. this self-reflection episode is 10/10 already for me and it's only 3 minutes.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Sep 30, 2020 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
YOU THOUGHT THE ASSASSINS WERE SENT BY THE WITCH’S CULT, BUT IT WAS ME ROSWAAL!
And Satella is the best new grill.

AND I THINK SATELLA IS EMILIA FROM THE FUTURE..

Sep 30, 2020 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
patrasche is best girl <3
Sep 30, 2020 12:25 PM

Jun 2020
Absolutely loved this series 10/10 for me, holy sht I like satella but damn this episode has some deep moments, especially roswald... sending all those assasins.... cannot wait till part 2

Sep 30, 2020 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
That punch to Subaru's face was SO satisfying... Otto best male character :)
Sep 30, 2020 12:40 PM
Dec 2016
Subaru got saved by PlOtto! Hurray.
Sep 30, 2020 12:43 PM
Sep 2012
I really don't understand why everyone seems to have loved this season. When over the course of 13 episodes pretty much nothing of note has happened. Season started with everyone trapped in the sanctuary. 13 episodes later here we are still trapped in the fucking sanctuary, the only difference being maybe Subaru is a little less of a whiny bitch? Which if the past 13 episodes are anything to judge by, will be forgotten again in another episode or two.

For fucks sake his respawn point pretty much hasn't even changed over the course of these 13 episodes, and he hasn't made any significant progress towards a resolution of gettting them out, or saving the people at the mansion.

Literally the only thing that has happened all season is maybe a little bit of "growth" on subaru's part, and confirmation that roswaal is actually the dickbag that most people could tell he was the moment his character was introduced.

The whole season coulda been condensed to like 2 episodes and we wouldn't have lost anything for it. If not for being horribly content starved due to corona this would have been dropped after like 2 episodes, and I think that is the only reason it is scoring as high as it has.
Sep 30, 2020 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
APEXPRED4T0R said:
I have a question regarding the material it is being adapted from, how far is it from completion?
When the WN started Tappei said he planned it for 11 arcs. Currently the story is at arc 6.
Sep 30, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2014
Otto is the GOAT. I feel like Natsuki's character is written really well and much like a human. As if a normal person can turn his life around in 10 minutes there will always be obstacles but I think Natsuki will finally realize that he doesn't have to overcome them on his own anymore :')
Sep 30, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2019
mozgow said:
APEXPRED4T0R said:
When the WN started Tappei said he planned it for 11 arcs. Currently the story is at arc 6.

Thanks! I assume there are 4-5 years left probably. I don't want this series to become another berserk or hunter x hunter.
Sep 30, 2020 12:58 PM
Mar 2020
Still cant agree with subaru rejecting the help of the most powerful beeging in existence but ah well.
I realy like how non standartized this season has been, even more so than the first season. I mean srly wich season, even split ends it like this xD
Sep 30, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 2020
definitly loved this season, way more than the first one with some amazing eps like the taste of death and the value of life that gets the same impact than the outside of madness in season one, 4 months to wait now well 10/10.
Sep 30, 2020 1:07 PM
Feb 2020
[quote=Accelis_ message=60821347]
MuraragiKoyomi said:
_f said:
Don't really see why this anime is rated so highly and people say it's super psychological oh well *shrugs*
people saying its psychological

I don't think it's super psychological, though you've probably seen enough of his miserable face many times so far. Therefore I really don't want to see his pathetic face and logic again.
I agree just because the mc dies in a violent manner doesnt make it psychological
its still a good show for me tho :)
Sep 30, 2020 1:09 PM
Feb 2020
Applesaucey said:
I really don't understand why everyone seems to have loved this season. When over the course of 13 episodes pretty much nothing of note has happened. Season started with everyone trapped in the sanctuary. 13 episodes later here we are still trapped in the fucking sanctuary, the only difference being maybe Subaru is a little less of a whiny bitch? Which if the past 13 episodes are anything to judge by, will be forgotten again in another episode or two.

For fucks sake his respawn point pretty much hasn't even changed over the course of these 13 episodes, and he hasn't made any significant progress towards a resolution of gettting them out, or saving the people at the mansion.

Literally the only thing that has happened all season is maybe a little bit of "growth" on subaru's part, and confirmation that roswaal is actually the dickbag that most people could tell he was the moment his character was introduced.

The whole season coulda been condensed to like 2 episodes and we wouldn't have lost anything for it. If not for being horribly content starved due to corona this would have been dropped after like 2 episodes, and I think that is the only reason it is scoring as high as it has.
people who have read the LN are saying it gets better so there's a silver lining
Sep 30, 2020 1:12 PM
Nov 2015
First cour is over, see ya all in second cour in January 2021.

And hope covid is over.
Sep 30, 2020 1:13 PM
Feb 2020
everyone be talking about the witch party but didnt anyone notice that when subaru was talking with roswaal, roswaal had a mark on his face which he erased and then the tone of his voice suddenly changed

what was that all about?
Sep 30, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2015
just a personal letter to any RL Subaru's here.

you say you are looking for the best possible future. but what is that future without YOU in it? yes you, the RL Subaru reading this rn.

again, 100% agree with Satella. YOU should treasure yourself more. for what profit is a man when he claims the whole world but lose his own soul (life)? or what any thing will be worth trading for your soul (life)?

Sep 30, 2020 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
MuraragiKoyomi said:
everyone be talking about the witch party but didnt anyone notice that when subaru was talking with roswaal, roswaal had a mark on his face which he erased and then the tone of his voice suddenly changed

what was that all about?

probably just some magic shenanigans. to be fair Roswaal is still a mystery all around so that should be explained in later chapters.

Sep 30, 2020 1:23 PM

Aug 2018
That scene near the end on the episode where Subaru fell through the forest felt really odd
_______I like rocks__
Sep 30, 2020 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Well, unfortunately the chose to do a split cour instead of just putting the whole thing off for a few more months. So, for this cour, a 7/10. Too many questions asked, not enough answers given, return by death was annoyingly inconsistent.
Sep 30, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2019
The real MVP carrying the whole season on his frail back!!
Sep 30, 2020 1:36 PM
Apr 2017
MuraragiKoyomi said:

what was that all about?

He just erased his make-up with magic... And stopped acting like a clown and talking like his true self.

Sep 30, 2020 1:38 PM

Mar 2018
Thread Cleaned.
I want to remind everyone; Spoilers belong in a Spoiler-tag. Please use them.

Now, let's start from Zero again, shall we?

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 30, 2020 1:51 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This is the first anime that I have ever turned the sound off on several episodes. MC is still just whining to the point of infinity. I don't care for the constant Dead/Alive/Dead plot device to reset the programs inability to move along. Roswaal could have just named Subaru a different name like "Sue" as in Johnny Cash's song titled "A Boy Named Sue". The point of the song is to give a female name to a male person so he grows up tough. It could have saved me 10 episodes at least in resets and whining. The "love yourself" bit was also so contrived as to be nauseating. Why not toss in "Love the One You're With" and really go overboard in fortune cookie psychology? Sorry.....not going to be around in January for Part Two. 5/10 on this one and glad to get out of town.
Sep 30, 2020 1:51 PM

Jul 2019
This season made the characters even far more interesting. Think that was the main selling point of it. Lots of set up for the continuation as well. It was neat and less draggy like the first season I have no complaints enjoyed most of it.
Sep 30, 2020 2:02 PM
Dec 2019
I mean was this really unexpected of roswaal??
Sep 30, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
Cant wait to see subaru become a alpha. Glad it ended with him getting punched fucking loser needs to man up lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2020 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
Otto best boy 2020

Great finale to a much stronger season than the first one. I feel like the arc was a bit convoluted but I loved the Sanctuary setting and Subaru having to reset in order to help everyone. Being told that he needs to love himself and not just die for others- trying to preserve his own life, that is, was an important lesson for him. Satella is a very interesting witch so far, I hope the mystery as to how she knows Subaru, how they met and what happened to develop feelings for him will be explained soon but I doubt it.

Roswaal is batshit as expected, the dude was shady from day 1. So orchestrating the assassins' massacre at the mansion is no surprise, although his reasons are almost as insane as the act itself.

Kinda hope there will be more Emilia in the 2nd cour, I mean I was told that there are many scenes with her in this arc but she's been pretty much absent. I've heard many scenes of hers have been cut, and it sucks.
Sep 30, 2020 2:19 PM
Jul 2020
Otto best bro, Fite me
Sep 30, 2020 2:37 PM
Jun 2015
"Witches are whores" Quoted by Ruby from Supernatural. And by God if she isn't 100 percent right. Fuck all of them. Overall good season. Art and animation couldve been better, but I understand the circumstances. Thanks China. Anyways see yall in 3 months if the election doesn't kill us first.
Sep 30, 2020 2:45 PM

Jan 2018
Otto being the MVP of this season. We really need a friend like him even in reality.

Anyway, that's one heck of a top-tier plot twist by Roswaal. He does just that in order to strengthen Subaru's resolve? He really is insane.

This season was a big up from the first one. But it is still not enough. That cliffhanger puts me rooting for more support, especially for Otto.

9/10
Sep 30, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
I was wondering if we would get to see Satella's face until I remembered Emilia was described as looking like her.
Sep 30, 2020 2:59 PM
Feb 2020
foxyahoo said:
MuraragiKoyomi said:

what was that all about?

He just erased his make-up with magic... And stopped acting like a clown and talking like his true self.

his accent is funny lol
Sep 30, 2020 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
And so ends the first part of what I consider to be one of the best arcs ever written!

Can't wait for part 2! I'm so happy that White Fox has adapted the LN with so much care, can't praise them enough

I'm also glad to see people recognizing Otto as best boy!
Sep 30, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah thought so that Roswal was responsible for the assassins.
The wait continues
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 30, 2020 3:10 PM

May 2020
y'know, i really like Subaru as main character, but he's so climsy. He needs to understand that if die will help, why don't use that as a weapon? he also know's that the witches are bad as fuck, so need's a plan to stop them.
After all Subaru being Subaru.
Sep 30, 2020 3:25 PM

Jan 2019
First season was considerably better. This current score is overrated, there is barely anything psychological about this series, all that there is drama and a lot of hysteric screaming.

These 13 episodes summarized give a picture of the director painting their hand with finger smileys which then proceed to have several long and painstaking conversations about the "wrist" whilst there is someone wailing in the background but is completely ignored by everyone. In the finale, its revealed that one of the smileys is a thumb. The end... What about the wrist you ask? Well, that was never the point.
Fade_Sep 26, 2023 4:30 AM
Sep 30, 2020 3:26 PM

Jul 2016
I hate Roswaal, damn

The suffering never ends
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.