Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 17, 2021 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
Damn Askeladd still cares about Atli at the end telling him not to pick up a sword ever again and settle down. Always knew Atli wasn't a real savage like the others
Jan 9, 2022 5:18 AM

Dec 2007
even after all this season, it's seems that askeludd's character seems still in dark. lol
the only character that needs some of it is thorfin, so far he's like side character here. i also want more of thorkell and thofin's conversations on thors.
but seems to me the story going in more political way, and i like it.
Jan 27, 2022 12:09 PM

Jan 2021
Nurularifin said:
Damn Askeladd still cares about Atli at the end telling him not to pick up a sword ever again and settle down. Always knew Atli wasn't a real savage like the others
Atli seems like a good guy to me from the beginning till the end
Mar 12, 2022 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
Recently, I've actually forgotten that Thorfinn is actually the main character of this show. LOL. Everyone is so cool in this show. Askeladd is so fricking cool even after all that. And, my god, I wanted to see his anger at that moment but I guess that's for some other day.
Apr 28, 2022 6:28 AM

May 2021
A pretty tense confrontation and also the first time Askeladd got mad. Definitely excited for some Viking politics.

Aug 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Jul 2021
Askeladd is such a complex character I have no idea if I should hate him or love him, if he's a coward or a mighty man, if he's a good person or bad.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 6, 2022 5:50 PM

Dec 2014
good atmosphere.
Sep 9, 2022 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
These last couple episodes were so freaking good, but this one was my favorite so far. The tension went completely through the roof. Seeing Floki so overwhelmed by the drastic change of Canute was pretty funny to see.

The highlight was by far the confrontation with the king. One wrong move or proposition by Canute, Askeladd or Thorfinn and all of them could've been dead. But as smart as Askeladd is he found the perfect words for the king to reconsider his first intention. But holy shit got he mad when the king called his mother a slave. Was the first we saw him in such a state. Even Thorfinn was shocked and that says a lot. With how the conversation ended and what Canute is planning it means patiently waiting for his chance to strike for the throne. This is not about raw strength, but rather about using intelligence and strategy in a political manner. For this Canute couldn't have had a better follower than Askeladd. I'm sure this will be a lot of fun.

Speaking of Askeladd, that scene at the end with Atli really showed more about his character. Even if he's often times unscrupulous, he also cares for certain people around him. No wonder that he's already my fav character of the show.

Oct 5, 2022 10:49 AM

Dec 2016
ShadowkillZ_ said:
Floki you fool! You absolute buffoon! You'd best do well to not underestimate how much a man can change when he decided not to take shit from others anymore! Not even God himself.

Alright, it's been fun watching this show for the last 20 eps, but only now did the story actually become more intriguing. Witnessing Canute and his vassals undertake an ambitious goal of immense difficulties is wildly entertaining, the aspect of them using their intelligence, wit and respective abilities to tackle various tasks to progress are all very engaging. It's a story of the underdog patiently and carefully hunting for the top dog, namely Canute and King Sveyn.

Needless to say, this is the best ep so far, seriously... Canute really did fulfil his proclamation to give meaning to the Vikings' desire for battles and death, there is no greater pleasure than to bask in a war to claim a throne that allows its ruler to wield immensely overbearing authoritative powers.

Natsu88 said:
These last couple episodes were so freaking good, but this one was my favorite so far. The tension went completely through the roof. Seeing Floki so overwhelmed by the drastic change of Canute was pretty funny to see.

The highlight was by far the confrontation with the king. One wrong move or proposition by Canute, Askeladd or Thorfinn and all of them could've been dead. But as smart as Askeladd is he found the perfect words for the king to reconsider his first intention. But holy shit got he mad when the king called his mother a slave. Was the first we saw him in such a state. Even Thorfinn was shocked and that says a lot. With how the conversation ended and what Canute is planning it means patiently waiting for his chance to strike for the throne. This is not about raw strength, but rather about using intelligence and strategy in a political manner. For this Canute couldn't have had a better follower than Askeladd. I'm sure this will be a lot of fun.

Speaking of Askeladd, that scene at the end with Atli really showed more about his character. Even if he's often times unscrupulous, he also cares for certain people around him. No wonder that he's already my fav character of the show.

You both put things perfectly. This episode is phenomenal, filled with lots of tension, and I am starting to see why Askeladd is a lot of people's favorite character (though mine is still Thorfinn haha).
Oct 27, 2022 6:26 AM
Dec 2021
becaus is dram is 10/10
Dec 23, 2022 2:14 AM

Nov 2020
W anime. W Vinland Saga. W Vinland Peak. W everything.
Dec 25, 2022 9:17 PM

Dec 2022
It's so weird yet fitting that literally the last "follower" of Askeladd left was the one person who wasn't even his follower to begin with - Thorfinn. Also I absolutely loved the "aura" of hate that was displayed in the animation when the King was talking (and had already deduced) how Askeladd was the son of the previous King of England. Really great stuff.

Jan 10, 2023 10:03 AM
Dec 2022
Damn askeladd is so difficult to understand, he says his hates the danes but then gives his old lackeys a bangle, I love how complex hai character is
Jan 10, 2023 1:46 PM

Jun 2022
Canute hot canute hot
Jan 10, 2023 2:07 PM
Dec 2021
it was very enjoyable, definitely gonna watch more
Jan 15, 2023 4:20 PM
Oct 2017
This episode put more emphasis on comedy. I love it!
Jan 18, 2023 9:36 AM

Jan 2016
Canute summoned Light Yagami
Feb 16, 2023 3:58 AM
Nov 2022
last couple of eps are really the peak of the anime so far
Feb 18, 2023 11:25 PM

Sep 2015
I could never get used to the instant change for Canute.... jeez...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 18, 2023 8:32 AM
Feb 2021
vkvnvinvinwidfnvifdnvip'svn'sipvnidn'visnvivn'nis'
May 26, 2023 7:51 PM
Mar 2023
Top pra caramba bixo 15 caracteres q merda
Jun 13, 2023 7:51 PM
Jan 2023
Oh he making moves on the king now šŸ„µ
Jul 20, 2023 5:40 AM
Aug 2021
The Prince has truly lost his mind. Not even the Vikings dare challenge their gods yet The Prince dare challenges his. It is proof that he is lost and now only trust in himself. At least he admits he has lost his way by saying he will carry on even if he turns into a demon. I'm not mad so far this anime has shown the struggle of man. The struggles of walking with God. The struggles of being a slave to something in life. It also shows the whole argument of a man's true nature is revealed when his back is against the wall or when you give him absolute power. This anime honestly represents a lot more than just people fighting. This is the first time in this anime they have introduced auras. Askeladd was so mad they had to tap into other animes to explain his ragešŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
Nov 10, 2023 1:09 PM

Nov 2010
If there is a God, he is the most sociopathic being in the universe. I'm sure he loves all the comedy & drama that is happening in the universe. It's all entertainment for him/her. The entire universe is just one big movie house for that bastard! They say we are made in his image, and I'm sure if I became a God, I would do the same thing. Haha!

Cnut's dream of utopia and Sweyn's monologue illustrate how humans are prone to corruption. We always strive to achieve what we believe is best for humankind, but as soon as we obtain power, we become corrupted by it. The quote from The Dark Knight, "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain", serves as a reminder of our tendency to turn to the dark side. I think the only way for us to achieve a utopian society is by having a super AI as our supreme leader. An AI is less likely to become corrupt, making it the best candidate for the job. Haha!

One thing I like about this show is that there are three protagonists. They complete each other.
May 29, 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
That throne room scene had Thorfinn going like "Askeladd's power level! I-it's rising...!"

These guys are ruthless killers but why are they so damn funny? The way Thorkell knocking Willibald off his chair was animated and Torgrim becoming mentally 5 after being Thorkell challenged him to a duel cracked me up hard
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

256 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

329 by FarCritical »»
May 29, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

397 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2019

259 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 11:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.