Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 10, 2021 6:05 PM

Jun 2020
I feel like I have more questions than answers, but it was nice to see some of Emilia's backstory.
Jan 27, 2021 4:41 PM

Aug 2017
Before this movie i didn't really like Emilia, i felt she was just the boring perfect girl that many stories have but after this movie i can say with confidence that Emilia is the best girl.
Jan 29, 2021 3:59 PM

Dec 2020
Who did freeze the elves tho? was it Puck?
Jan 30, 2021 3:28 AM

Jul 2014
Will_do_it_later said:
You would need to watch season 2 part 2 to get an answer :)
Jan 30, 2021 3:44 AM

Dec 2020
mozgow said:
Will_do_it_later said:
You would need to watch season 2 part 2 to get an answer :)

oh I'll get there soon. Thanks
Feb 19, 2021 1:30 PM
Mar 2018
damn emilia and puck are so boring to watch lmao. i need more subaru
Mar 29, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2016
That was a fantastic OVA/Movie! It was so depressing as well especially the first half of the movie, seeing what Emilia has been through. This also really helps flesh out more the things that happened in season 2 part 2, seeing quick flashes of Geuse and Fortuna killed me though.

Is it who I think it is speaking in Puck's head, damn so Puck is related to her too. I wonder what her goal was in bringing Emilia and Puck together. There's also still a lot we don't know about Puck, except that he's called "The Beast of the End" Looking forward to finding out more about Puck someday. Anyway, that was fucking fantastic. 9/10
Apr 10, 2021 2:37 AM

Jan 2017
Re:Zero without Subaru is awfully boring,
decent movie, fast forwarded it and watched it.
6/10 for it.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Apr 16, 2021 1:43 PM

Oct 2017
Geel said:
Well this one is much more relevant than Memory Snow, it was mostly good, I just don't like Emilia's attitude where she hates herself but is willing to save some scumbag kidnappers/rapists, I nearly dropped it there, especially since it was the trope where the underlings die but the boss is saved which annoys me to no end.

Other than that it was good.

Puck is great :)

Now back to ReZero S2 P2 I go!

Ventus_S said:

This is EXACTLY HOW I FEEL when I watch this movie.
It add nothing to the serie which we already knew.

Like I said, it's not exactly a bad movie on its own, but it has 0 charm from the original series.

Emilia is such a boring/ static/one-dimensional character through and through.
She's too "perfect" for a character. No matter whichever angle you look at her you'd find the same "nice girl who helped other" and nothing more.
You won't see different perspective of her from different angle like other characters in the serie, such as Subaru, Beitre, Ram, Rem, Crusch and so on.
It's nothing wrong to have a "perfect character" in a serie (Reinhart is one too). However, to make a none flawed character as mc is bound to be a boring watch.

That doesn't make her perfect, in fact that is the one part of her I don't like.

She shouldn't put up with people who hate her, even after she saves them.

I find it hilarious you responded to me after season 2 done airing, which Emilia's backstory and character development are done lol.

If you didn't know, I gave rezero season 2 high rating.

Doesn't change my opinion this movie is merely a filler that doesn't even need to exist.
May 8, 2021 11:26 PM

Nov 2010
Very nice backstory for Emilia. I wish they made this a mini series though, but I guess more of Emilia's past will be revealed in the main series. 8/10

May 31, 2021 2:35 PM
Feb 2021
Emilia best character in anime history. I love her so much 12/10
Jun 7, 2021 4:13 AM
Aug 2018
Ventus_S said:
Geel said:
Well this one is much more relevant than Memory Snow, it was mostly good, I just don't like Emilia's attitude where she hates herself but is willing to save some scumbag kidnappers/rapists, I nearly dropped it there, especially since it was the trope where the underlings die but the boss is saved which annoys me to no end.

Other than that it was good.

Puck is great :)

Now back to ReZero S2 P2 I go!

That doesn't make her perfect, in fact that is the one part of her I don't like.

She shouldn't put up with people who hate her, even after she saves them.

I find it hilarious you responded to me after season 2 done airing, which Emilia's backstory and character development are done lol.

If you didn't know, I gave rezero season 2 high rating.

Doesn't change my opinion this movie is merely a filler that doesn't even need to exist.

I mean this movie pretty much explains what happens after Emilia get's frozen and how she unfreezes and also if you watched the original version of this movie (for some reason crunchyroll cut out some audio dialogues at start ) basically during the start of movie Echidna Voice actor was narrating those flashy text (Puck's Original Contract), implying that Puck's original contractor was probably Echidna. So no way this movie is filler. This movie also contained many foreshadowing for part 2 and it also gives Rezero world building like why Puck was called "The Great Spirit of Fire" in Royal selection back in season 1 , he gained the title after killing Melakuera, Also incase you are confused as to why Puck is called great spirit of fire despite using ICE. It is because in Rezero World Fire magic is temperature manipulation , hence even though Emilia uses Ice attacks , she is actually a fire mage. Same thing with Puck.

Pulkit200Jun 7, 2021 4:18 AM
Aug 16, 2021 2:38 AM

Dec 2013
This definitely raises a lot questions about Emilia's full backstory. I'm looking forward to eventually learning more about it.

Puck's true form as the beast of the end really is scary. I hope it's shown again in the future.
Aug 17, 2021 6:01 AM
uwu

Mar 2014
Watched this after finishing the S2, definitely worth it. Always wondered what those backstories are about when they're mention it in S2
Nov 21, 2021 11:43 AM

Jul 2017
This could have actually been good as a 30-minute OVA. But while the content is more character-focused on Emilia and Puck which is very good to have, the pacing issues here were even worse than Memory Snow, which I felt went 20 minutes minimum too long, could be 30. This felt like 45 minutes too long for me, so there's a lot of stretches of pure nothing that could have easily been condensed to make it a more immersive and important watch. It has its sleepy moments because of this, since it's not like Emilia's the most explosive character with her personality either to carry a movie that was much longer than it needed to be.
Jan 19, 2022 1:50 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It looks like this one picks up right after the previous movie. I thought the other one was bad. Just my luck.
Aug 30, 2022 8:33 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting to see how Emilia used to live for a while..
At least she got to talk with Puck.. If not much with villagers nearby..
It seems Puck is keeping forest out of intruders from outside from times to times.. Like some random spirit light wandering in..
It seems that speaking in weird ways is pretty common in these lands..
Well.. I have no idea, if there is some magic sense, or prophecy, or anything.. That would tell that witch would return, and it'd be half-elf.. We don't know at this point, if Emilia is a witch or not, as one of witches, who saves Subaru - really looks and sounds as Emilia.. But is she her - no idea.. For anime watchers, of course, not light novel readers or something.. And I'm not asking here for spoilers..
Puck thinks he'll defeat the concept of fate.. And Emilia will too.. Go, go! ;P
And so the Beast of the End Puck and potential Witch Emilia became the quest towards their happiness.. Maybe destroying world in the process.. Unwillingly.. But this story.. Is maybe for another time.. ;P Who knows if this is the story we'll get.. Or the story we'll get would be subverting expectations of the world..
Aug 31, 2022 5:50 PM
Jun 2017
The movie doesn't hold up to what the show gives you, if you're in binge mode. Especially if you just finished the Director's Cut. But it's worth a watch for anyone who's starting to consider themselves a fan of this series, just so you can have some more.
Aug 31, 2022 7:41 PM
Jan 2022
It was alright...
Sep 27, 2022 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
Just watched the movie and I didn't know about this movie was already released over 3 years ago...

10/10 masterpiece...
Oct 2, 2022 3:24 AM
Apr 2022
Amazing Anime To Bad We Wont Get Anymore
Oct 13, 2022 3:03 PM
Apr 2018
OK, I guess. Skipped the fight tho
Nov 5, 2022 10:37 AM

Apr 2021
This OVA was pretty good. I now have a better understanding of the relationship between Emilia and Puck. Emilia's past was pretty depressing but Puck was always by her side. I loved this OVA!!!
Now season 2 here I come!!!!
Jan 19, 2023 1:46 PM
Nov 2015
I thought this was good, and I liked the dynamic/development between Emilia and Puck. Good animation and music as usual. It repeated story beats a little much for my liking, especially in the final confrontation. I found this movie before watching Season 2, and I'm glad I watched it, but I don't believe it's a must-watch.
Personal 3/5.
Jan 26, 2023 8:49 PM
Jan 2023
I have no need to say about this anime . the one who has watched it knows it is a masterpiece.
Mar 17, 2023 7:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The latter half of the OVA was really good, especially the ending, which was quite adorable, but the problems I have with Emilia's reveal arc on S2 and vol.14, I have it now...
More questions are given than answered, we are not being told even half of the story, lots of missing gaps, and I was looking forward to this OVA for it to flesh out the contract between Emilia and Puck, and it was so half-assed with information too.

7.8 / 10 = 8
Feb 1, 7:19 AM
Sep 2022
I love Re:Zero and this movie is must watch for any fan.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» do I watch this to start re:zero?

13oFIVE - Mar 24

5 by TabutcuEmmi »»
Mar 25, 2:34 AM

» More Emilia stuff again? We fan wants more Rem ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Dec 4, 2018

92 by Ge553ruhrnr »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:47 AM

» Do I need to watch this before starting Season 2?

Dije - Jan 26, 2022

17 by Broderoi »»
Jan 27, 2022 3:29 PM

» could have been a masterpiece

KuroudoAkabane - Oct 25, 2020

7 by Hachii13 »»
Oct 14, 2021 1:40 AM

» Who else is rewatching this after Season 2?

0451 - Mar 11, 2021

6 by ManWild »»
Apr 21, 2021 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.