Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2019 8:23 PM

Apr 2011
The pillars are a crazy odd bunch.

What a cliffhanger at the end. I wonder how Nezuko will react?

Dat Love Pillar thou.

I was planning to wait till the series is completed and watch them all on marathon, but I can't help it. This anime is too good. But the cliffhangers are killing me. Gotta try to wait till the series is done again.
Aug 31, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2018
Im kinda surpised of the amount of people that hating on these pillars. I remember when i read this chapter i don't give a damn when sanemi cut nezuko, maybe it's because im not really a fan of her. Lol
I can't blame these people for hating on sanemi, but i can't blame sanemi either, especially when you know about how fucked up his backstory is. And the truth about his blood is even make his character way more tragic.
And sanemi is probably my second most favorite pillars after rengoku, i liked his design a lot especially in the anime.
Joei-12 said:
the best part is when sanemi cut to Nesuko

Lmao
Jfs_Aug 31, 2019 8:34 PM
Aug 31, 2019 8:33 PM

May 2015
HereticHunter said:
nanashi796 said:
to them she is a fucking demon that must be killed defenseless or not, they don't give a shit if she's a cute sister, waifu or any of this dumb things,or if she hasn't killed or eat anyone in like 2 years,stop saying stupid things,before accepting her they need proof that she will never eat anyone,and sanemi's blood is the biggest proof.

This is not a good way to write a character who hates Insert enemy here that has to reconsider his point of view after certain circumstances.

Beating up someone in order to prove that it doesn't represent a threat to anyone is as stupid as beating a dog and not expecting it to fight back. I know they won't just accept Nezuko easily but watching this edgelord torturing Nezuko just doesn't feel right. Most of these pillars are blinded by mere hatred, which makes them one dimensional, boring and terrible characters. What kind of a organization is this, if most of its members can't even take in consideration what their Master told them? ( Blame it on the Master too as he couldn't control his pack of edgelords.) Only 3 of them (4, counting the master) gave Nezuko the benefit of the doubt, yet, they didn't straight up accepted her, which is more realistic than beating the shit out of Nezuko and expecting her not to fight back in order to prove she isn't a threat.
he's triggering her,if she don't attack him after this its a bigger proof,so they are really sure that nezuko is truly a nice demon that don't attack humans.
Aug 31, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2015
I think what really bothers me is their treatment of Tanjiro and their lack of discipline. Their bloodlust is a turn off as well. No trial just go straight to killing a low level member of their ranks? Strong people shouldn't need to kick around weaker people like that. The snake and wind Hashira are behaving like scared children. Demon or not Nezuko is only one demon. These are supposed to be the best of the best demon hunters but they are freaking out over one demon and throwing their weight around like school yard bullies. I understand why they would want to test Nezuko. I don't understand why the wind one felt the need to make a show of stabbing her in front of Tanjiro.
Aug 31, 2019 8:38 PM

May 2015
Jfs_ said:
Im kinda surpised of the amount of people that hating on these pillars. I remember when i read this chapter i don't give a damn when sanemi cut nezuko, maybe it's because im not really a fan of her. Lol
I can't blame these people for hating on sanemi, but i can't blame sanemi either, especially when you know about how fucked up his backstory is. And the truth about his blood is even make his character way more tragic.
And sanemi is probably my second most favorite pillars after rengoku, i liked his design a lot especially in the anime.
Joei-12 said:
the best part is when sanemi cut to Nesuko

Lmao
same my favorites are sanemi,rengoku and muichirou,sanemi is the most human and real character of them for me.
Aug 31, 2019 8:40 PM

Sep 2017
Ya all the Hashira's (cept our boi) are kinda assholes. Not really a surprise. Is it really that hard to write characters that can show a little compassion and respect for demons like Tanjiro? That's why I like em so much. Well it's beyond obvious that Nezuko will not die, and I'm sure all these guys will redeem themselves eventually so w/e. I do wonder if Nezuko will make and scene here and we'll have to waste some episodes proving she's a good girl.
Aug 31, 2019 8:51 PM
Oct 2018
I love the compositing in this episode. Hashira character designs tho, it's f*cking beautiful.
Aug 31, 2019 8:52 PM

Apr 2018
We finally get to see the mysterious master of the Slayers. The Love Pillar was really funny and cute and the Wind Pillar is kind of an asshole. I was looking forward to the part where the Wind tempted Nezuko but ended in a cliffhanger GOD DAMNIT
Aug 31, 2019 8:55 PM

Sep 2017
FUCK THAT ENDING HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Aug 31, 2019 8:57 PM

May 2016
These are the least cool, least intimidating group of "elite" characters I have ever seen.

They look (and act...) like the bad OC's you'd maybe make as a teen if you were especially edgy. If I didn't know about this show and you told me they were just some characters from a comedy show cosplaying, I'd 100% believe you.
They just look so silly... Their designs so cluttered...

Also does literally EVERY character in this show need to be some extreme caricature? Is that really the only way the author knows to make them and their introductions "unique" and "interesting"? The pacing this ep was as a poor as ever too--we got what feels like less than half an episodes worth of material. I mean it started and ended on the SAME godamn conversation, and we're not even finished with it... I'm getting so tired of this show. I'm being super negative here, I get it, but if it weren't for those sweet visuals and soundtrack--that sweet very hype signature Ufotable audiovisual experience--I have no doubt in my mind that this'd be lambasted for the terribly generic, contrived and cliché shonen it really is.

To say something positive though--because I really don't want to sound too whiny here--I liked this part quite a bit, ngl.

My heartstrings were (KIND OF) tugged.
Tanjirou and this guy (though me being unable to remember his name isn't a good sign...) are probably my favourite characters of this show. Nezuko used to be too, don't get me wrong--before I realised she was just another typical cardboard shonen female character, with absolutely zero memorable personality or unique/interesting character traits (apart from being super "cute") and is only there to service fans and provide fuel for the main guy's feelings and actions. Though I guess this show has at least done us the courtesy of offering a "reason" for the lazy writing... Kinda... "She's a demon (but can't act at all like any other demon because that'd be too difficult to write) so she's a bit retarded, ok?"
"...she makes a lot of cute noises though"
"I know you weebs eat that shit up!"

Fuck, it seems to have worked for enough people, so I gotta hand it to them that it's a job well done. They've even set her up in such a way where she's not even expected to have any real conscious thought past "protect human", "fight bad guy" and "growl loud loud when brother hurt hurt". And with that whole sleep box thing--she only ever has to be there when the author really needs to use her! It's perfect!
She's almost as perfect a plot device as that whole sleep hypnosis thing that was apparently done to her... Which was so well explained and set-up, and NOT extremely contrived and cheap... Like that random ass power-up Tanjirou (along with Nezuko and her new-found "blood powers"...) so conveniently got a few episodes ago when he (and the author) were written into a corner for the sole sake of getting to have a true epic "sibling power" moment (THAT WASN'T AN ASSPULL BY THE WAY, OR LIKE "FRIENDSHIP POWER"!! DEMON SLAYER ISN'T LIKE THE OTHER SHONEN OK MOM?!), or all the oh-so serious injuries this show goes on about Tanjirou sustaining, that end up never being of ANY actual consequence whatsoever to him or the plot--if the author wants to ignore them then oh boy they will, like with Tanjirou's supposedly "broken jaw" from last episode... (A brief passing mention and a few extra grunts is always enough right?).
ZaugrAug 31, 2019 10:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2019 9:01 PM
Jul 2015
Ugh... Nezuko isn't gonna go ferel cuz of course not, and that will be it. I doubt their will be any punishment for the Hashira's misbehavior. They will be proven wrong, and won't get the adequate amount of shit for acting like assholes.

I really don't understand the power structure of the organization. It's like most hunters are meat puppets. So many have died and I'm not even sure they got proper training before being thrown out to defeat demons. Even the test Tanjiro passed, all that manpower wasted. And everytime a demon eats a person it gets stronger, so there is no control. Like no baseline of strength for the newbies to test their strength against. I guess this is all supposed to be about super strong guys, not about having an army of people to take demons down. Everyone has to be a shonen protagonist or die. There isn't a lot in the way of leadership either.
mecegirlAug 31, 2019 9:05 PM
Aug 31, 2019 9:03 PM

Nov 2018
the Hashiras seemed to be the weird kind of guys, besides Tomioka, Sanemi may become my favorite, even as an asshole
I kind of understand both sides, but indiscipline bores me, but what a great cliffhanger; it kind of made me want to go read the manga

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Aug 31, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
the cliff hanger =_= episode was a little boring tbh

i liked some of the pillars and disliked others. beside shinobu, mitsuri is my fav.

the pillars are free to hate and distrust demons (i'm sure they all have tragic backstories or whatever), but i'm disappointed/shocked how freely they reject what their Master says.
Aug 31, 2019 9:36 PM
Apr 2014
ngl they really made Sanemi even more hateable

btw don't hate the Pillars guys, as the story progress, you'll even root and cry for them.

Aug 31, 2019 9:45 PM

Feb 2014
Giyu Tomioka. What a man, sacrificing himself for a brother and sister he just met. This guy is clueless but a goddamn hero.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 31, 2019 9:47 PM

Apr 2016
the pacing was annoyingly slow lol
moe moe ichijou seiya

Aug 31, 2019 9:54 PM
Aug 2019
Since no one is talking about the "Master".
I have a few question.

1. Is the Master is also Kibutsuji?

2. Is he trying to play with people pretending to be a human, and Master?
- If he is, is he just proving something (like Demons can now be exposed at sunlight) due to his doing that he only turns human into Demon with reasons, Episode 21 - additional information to support this opinion (I do not think this is the reason)
- If not, Is he the Brother of Kibutsuji where he wants to slay his Brother that is why he builds the "Corps"?

The reason why I come up with that Idea.
1. The way he put his finger on his mouth to silence them (hashira) is same as Kibutsuji telling the Demon not to tell anyone about him.
2. His face, since Tanjurou is a flame Demon Slayer, he was burnt by him and now he looks like it. {I feel this is an invalid reason due to the fact that it is only animation but from Episode 19 - Nezuko's power (it is possible that he can transform or reanimate himself where we can see the actual face of his, like Nezuko's Body)}
3. His Hair is the same as himself in Episode 21.
4. He knows exactly what is happening with Tanjirou.

Just a hunch and question, feel free to answer with utmost respect 😊 I do not wish to argue. Just thinking of possibilities, if it is possible or not let me hear your opinion. Thanks.

Anyway, they are so cool, hashiras and all, I do not complain on their attitude, why? Maybe because they experience a tragic situation (not maybe but a possibility, I think.
Aug 31, 2019 9:58 PM
Mar 2015
the pillars appear as the arrogant assholes that they truly are
Aug 31, 2019 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
The pacing for this episode was pretty bad, it was insanely obvious that they are purposefully dragging this out. I'll probably go ahead and read the manga first in case irl nonsense kills my motivation to read it after the adaption ends.
Aug 31, 2019 10:26 PM
Apr 2014
Ax_El_Erate said:
Since no one is talking about the "Master".
I have a few question.

1. Is the Master is also Kibutsuji?

2. Is he trying to play with people pretending to be a human, and Master?
- If he is, is he just proving something (like Demons can now be exposed at sunlight) due to his doing that he only turns human into Demon with reasons, Episode 21 - additional information to support this opinion (I do not think this is the reason)
- If not, Is he the Brother of Kibutsuji where he wants to slay his Brother that is why he builds the "Corps"?

The reason why I come up with that Idea.
1. The way he put his finger on his mouth to silence them (hashira) is same as Kibutsuji telling the Demon not to tell anyone about him.
2. His face, since Tanjurou is a flame Demon Slayer, he was burnt by him and now he looks like it. {I feel this is an invalid reason due to the fact that it is only animation but from Episode 19 - Nezuko's power (it is possible that he can transform or reanimate himself where we can see the actual face of his, like Nezuko's Body)}
3. His Hair is the same as himself in Episode 21.
4. He knows exactly what is happening with Tanjirou.

Just a hunch and question, feel free to answer with utmost respect I do not wish to argue. Just thinking of possibilities, if it is possible or not let me hear your opinion. Thanks.

Anyway, they are so cool, hashiras and all, I do not complain on their attitude, why? Maybe because they experience a tragic situation (not maybe but a possibility, I think.

Huge spoiler ahead.

VizAug 31, 2019 11:29 PM
Aug 31, 2019 10:39 PM
Aug 2017
adams215 said:
The pace has slowed down as expected and we get almost all exposition for this episode. Unfortunately much of this expositions is repeated statements about breaking rules, killing Tanjiro and Nezuko, and introductions of characters that honestly aren't that interesting so far. I don't mind slower paced dialogue heavy episodes in action series, but when the dialogue is lacking meaningful content I gotta say I get a bit let down. But this is a build up episode so I won't say it is bad because it is necessary.

Now, I will say the Hashiras are, so far, boring characters in my opinion. I don't even mind that they are dead set on killing Nezuko. That's what I'd expect from the most devout of demon slayers. But it's the classic anime trope of "let's give this group of characters really obnoxious quirks so the viewer can easily remember them". So hopefully their characters are more than just obnoxious quirks (because some anime do leave their characters to just be obnoxious quirks) and we get to learn more about them so they won't stay boring characters.

Don't judge them so quick. You haven't seen the true personality of any Pillar yet. They are an interesting bunch.
Aug 31, 2019 10:39 PM

Dec 2016
after episode 21, I decided to finally read the manga because of the cliffhangers lol.
But anyways, not surprised most people already hate the pillars. Never liked them nor hated them and not sure I will ever will yet.
Aug 31, 2019 10:44 PM

Feb 2015
I really liked the symbolism at the beginning with Giyu on Tanjiiro's side, facing the pillars, whereas all the pillars are facing Tanjiro and Giyu. Very subtle.

Forgot how much a cunt this guy was tho, someone really needed to put him in his place. He got his orders, he should have listened to them like the mindless attack dog he is. This is reminding me why I pretty much only like Giyu.
Aug 31, 2019 10:51 PM
Aug 2017
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
I already past this when I read the manga. I be talking it here from the point when I first read this part. I hate half all those pillars they are piece of shit. Sanemi and Iguro as biggest asshole even among of them.I will not sympathy for them if they die at any point of this series.

Giyu,Tokitou,Shinobu and Kanroji are exception rest of them are assholes. They all racist You guys think Giyu was racist but reasonable rest are far worse.

I question If it wasn t giyu that met Tanjirou in woods another pillar. I can only see Kanroji besides Giyu sparing Nezuko in that woods. Rest most likely won t they kill Nezuko and i give Shinobu benefit of the doubt even then I am not sure

Overally great episode. I hate Sanemi and Iguro

They are Demon Slayers for god-sake so of course they will kill demon.
Racist? You made me laugh. It is wrong to use that word in this situation. If a human was killed by a tiger and we killed that tiger, are we racist? The demons' instinct is killing and eating human. They have never encounter a demon that doesn't kill human since all of them sooner or later succumb to their instinct and kill even their own family including the good demon Tamayo.
All of them have their family, friends, comrades killed by demons so you should understand that they hate demons to their core.

Aug 31, 2019 10:54 PM

Dec 2016
Esquirtit said:
Joei-12 said:
ehh I can't understand something, reading the comments say that the pillars are stupid because their attitude. But Giyu in the first episode have the same actitud, he haven't belive in the words of Monjirou, he cut nezuko and trai to kill her, nd it wasn't until he saw that nezuko protected his brother that he changed his mind

why people forgive Giyu and judge the Pillars??

When he arrived Nezuko was on top of Tanjiro, and it was the first day of her transformation and family's death. It's not the same situation as in this episode where they are told she has never eaten a human after 2 years, and she's in a box posing no threat to anyone. It's the fact one of them impaled her with his sword, it gives off this vibe that it's trying too hard to be edgy with needless gore, it amounts to portraying the Demon Corps like idiots as always. In reality enough witnesses with credibility gave their thoughts, they could sit in a room and look at Nezuko being cute and shit because that's literally what happened in the story already.

But yeah Giyu is a retard too for talking shit to Tanjiro in the first episode, it was his fault that he came too late to save everyone.

We the viewers can see that tanjirou telling the truth, but the in-universe character don't. They even ask Tanjirou what kind of proof does he have that she hadn't or will not attack human. Also what credible witness? Giyuu who haven't seen them in 2 years and know nothing about what happen to them all that time? Urokodaki who have a soft spot for his pupil and also haven't meet tehm for sometime now? Inosuke and Zenitsu, 2 rookies and currently out of commission?

Also Wind Pillar probably the one that have the hardest time accept this due to his past.
Aug 31, 2019 10:58 PM
Aug 2017
I know that people will hate the Pillars after this episode. People forget that they are demon slayers and Nezuko is a demon. We as audiences know her history but the Pillars don't. There is no proof that Nezuko didn't kill any human and will never do that.
All of the Pillars have their family, friends, comrades kill by demons so asking them to accept a demon immediately is hard.

On a side note, I like all of Pillars even Sanemi. It is hard to pick a favorite among them. Maybe Rengoku and Shinobu but Gyomei and Uzui are cool too.
Himawari9Aug 31, 2019 11:02 PM
Aug 31, 2019 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
Shinazugawa seems insane but after you read the manga or perhaps after the second, third, etc. season (but I suggest reading the manga) you will understand why he acts the way he does. Just like each demon Tanjirou fights have their own tragic backstory, so do the Hashira or Pillars. Just remember, the saying "everyone has a story" rings true in this series.
臭い-
Aug 31, 2019 11:06 PM
Aug 2017
DiegoNC said:
I'm up to date with the manga, but I still don't like most of those pillars... I mean, they are powerful, have sad backsories, but still they shouldn't be insubordinate as they are, they are very bad leaders too... no wonder swordsmen die left and right with such a horrendous leadership.

The Pillars aren't mean to be leaders of the Demon Slayers. Most Slayers operate alone so there is no need for a leader. They are Pillars because they are strong, not because they have leadership ability. It is obvious when you look at the criteria to become a Pillar, kill a Demon Moon or kill 50 demons and you will become a Pillars. It doesn't help that most Pillars died young before they even reach 25.
Aug 31, 2019 11:15 PM
Aug 2017
nanashi796 said:
same my favorites are sanemi,rengoku and muichirou,sanemi is the most human and real character of them for me.

I like Sanemi too. I didn't care for him as first but after seeing how much he cares for Genya, I changed my opinion about him. His fight is epic too.
Aug 31, 2019 11:18 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah... not a big fan of that Sanemi guy. I guess he has quite the tragic backstory to somehow justify the fact of him being so closed minded but for now, he can die in a pit for all I care.

Quite tense episode overall. The Pillars were finally presented and as I expected, they all are as eccentric as I thought. In terms of personalities and looks, they definitely are an odd bunch of people.

And that cliffhanger tho... this show sure knows how to leave me wanting more. Now, I can't wait for next week to come.

P.S.: Giyuu and Urokodaki willing to give their lives for Nezuko? Man, such bros.
Aug 31, 2019 11:23 PM

Jun 2016
Himawari9 said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
I already past this when I read the manga. I be talking it here from the point when I first read this part. I hate half all those pillars they are piece of shit. Sanemi and Iguro as biggest asshole even among of them.I will not sympathy for them if they die at any point of this series.

Giyu,Tokitou,Shinobu and Kanroji are exception rest of them are assholes. They all racist You guys think Giyu was racist but reasonable rest are far worse.

I question If it wasn t giyu that met Tanjirou in woods another pillar. I can only see Kanroji besides Giyu sparing Nezuko in that woods. Rest most likely won t they kill Nezuko and i give Shinobu benefit of the doubt even then I am not sure

Racist? You made me laugh. It is wrong to use that word in this situation. If a human was killed by a tiger and we killed that tiger, are we racist? The demons' instinct is killing and eating human. They have never encounter a demon that doesn't kill human since all of them sooner or later succumb to their instinct and kill even their own family including the good demon Tamayo.
All of them have their family, friends, comrades killed by demons so you should understand that they hate demons to their core.

Yeah yeah You justifying racism of Saneni and Iguro. Then you are as blind as racist as they are. A lot people suffer Like they do they turn out like racist pricks like Sanemi and Iguro? You made laugh even more for justyfying racism with single minded mentality of yours. Despite explanations and reasonable explainations from Urodoaki and Kagaya.

Giyu friends and family has been kill by all demons yet he is more reasonable half of them. He has far more reason and hatred to demons they most of them as his friends and familys got directly kill by demons yet he far more reasonable.

Nezuko got push to point because of action Demons. Normal situation she does not do that. I don t see your point. That extreme situation. Put In normal situation she never eat human.

They go around justyfying racism especially with garbage attitudes like Sanemi and Iguro. When they just being extra asshole and overtop racism.

You are too much single minded mentality which is laughable

The fact they are not willing to listen and get into black and white morality. They are all being too short sighted. Despite explanation and reasonable facts from urodoaki letter.
SubaruHoshinaAug 31, 2019 11:30 PM

Aug 31, 2019 11:45 PM

Oct 2018
Rhapsody- said:
-Aincrad- said:

Change the score so much because of one episode while you actually love the anime?

That's the most stupid thing you can do

Change the score and opinion of a whole anime from "good" to "a masterpiece" because of one episode?

That's the most stupid thing you can do

I guess you mean the opposite of it, changing from 7 to 10, and you mean those who did it because of episode 19

That's also a stupid thing if you ask me, changing the score so much because of just one episode, no matter which way you do it

Of course I changed rating after ep.19 too, but I only raised it from 9 to 10
Aug 31, 2019 11:53 PM
Aug 2017
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Himawari9 said:

Yeah yeah You justifying racism of Saneni and Iguro. Then you are as blind as racist as they are. A lot people suffer Like they do they turn out like racist pricks like Sanemi and Iguro? You made laugh even more for justyfying racism with single minded mentality of yours.

Giyu friends and family has been kill by all demons yet he is more reasonable half of them. He has far more reason and hatred to demons they most of them as his friends and familys got directly kill by demons yet he far more reasonable

Nezuko got push to point because of action Demons. Normal she does not do that. I don t see your point.

They go around justyfying racism especially with garbage attitudes like Sanemi and Iguro.

Because Giyu knows who they are but the other Pillars don't. Remember how Giyu was in the first episode, he wanted to kill Nezuko too and pretty much acted in the same manner as other Pillars.
I never said Sanemi didn't do any wrong. What Sanemi had done to Nezuko is too much but given how his backstory is and his hatred for the demons, it is understandable, his backstory is even more fuck up than Giyu.
It is you who are single minded mentality. You didn't put yourself in the Pillars' shoes or look at things from multiple perspectives. We as audiences know Nezuko's history but the Pillars don't. There is no proof that Nezuko didn't kill any human and will never do that.
Nezuko almost killed a woman in a future arc before Tanjiro stopped her and that is proof demons are unstable beings that will act on their instinct anytime.

And I don't understand why you keep using the racist word. It is not applicable here since demons were former humans who kill and eat humans, Nezuko almost does so on multiple occasions if not for Tanjiro. Tell me, what race in our world is a threat to other people? The demons here cannot be treated as a race like Black,Asian or Hispanic. As an immigrant living in the US, I meet and endure racist behaviors all the time so I know using racist in this case is wrong.
You don't even know me and you call me single minded mentality, blind, racist, etc. You are really judgmental yourself.
Aug 31, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2016
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Himawari9 said:

Yeah yeah You justifying racism of Saneni and Iguro. Then you are as blind as racist as they are. A lot people suffer Like they do they turn out like racist pricks like Sanemi and Iguro? You made laugh even more for justyfying racism with single minded mentality of yours. Despite explanations and reasonable explainations from Urodoaki and Kagaya.

Giyu friends and family has been kill by all demons yet he is more reasonable half of them. He has far more reason and hatred to demons they most of them as his friends and familys got directly kill by demons yet he far more reasonable.

Nezuko got push to point because of action Demons. Normal situation she does not do that. I don t see your point. That extreme situation. Put In normal situation she never eat human.

They go around justyfying racism especially with garbage attitudes like Sanemi and Iguro. When they just being extra asshole and overtop racism.

The fact they are not willing to listen and get into black and white morality. They are all being too short sighted. Despite explanation and reasonable facts from urodoaki letter.

Demon isn't another race, they are monsters created by Muzan to serve him. Racism is irrational and have no good reason while here, the fact that most demon kill and eat human and enjoying it give a really good reason why they don't trush demon Nezuko is a exception that she don't eat people. Even tamayo eat people before snap out of that. Gyuu is difference, he have the chance to witness Nezuko protect her family which never happen before or since, Sanemi isn't. In fact what he witness is opposite to what happen to Tanjirou and Nezuko.
ExaltedChampionAug 31, 2019 11:59 PM
Sep 1, 2019 12:26 AM

Dec 2016
If I was Tanjiro I also would have given that guy a headbutt, how dare you hurt Nezuko.

I hope she kicks his ass in the next episode.
Sep 1, 2019 12:37 AM
Oct 2007
WTH they dragged the episode out too much imo. This is easily another 5/5 if they show Nezuko resolution in this episode... None of the Pillars are normal ... and not really likeable for now (including the ladies Hasira).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2019 12:40 AM

Dec 2016
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
If I was Tanjiro I also would have given that guy a headbutt, how dare you hurt Nezuko.

I hope she kicks his ass in the next episode.

Isn't that kinda prove their point?
Sep 1, 2019 12:42 AM

Jun 2017
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Wind Pillar, Sanemi. Yeah, how I wish for him to die a horrible death or much better, get turned into a demon, such a prick.

Anyway, to be fair I didn't hate Giyuu from the beginning of this series, after all, he's the reason Tanjirou is still alive.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 1, 2019 12:43 AM
Jan 2019
this is too slow while this is too fast I'm confusing now I don't know what I should refer to it
I'm glad to see those hashiras they are an interesting character
Sep 1, 2019 12:44 AM

Jun 2017
Good episode overall, finally get to meet all the Hashiras and the Master is also there.

Gosh, that scarred face edgy boi is really a prick, I hope he steps on a lego.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 1, 2019 12:53 AM

Mar 2019
nanashi796 said:
HereticHunter said:

Sure, let them voice their opinions, by straight up beating Nezuko, impaling her with swords while she's defenseless on the box in plain sunlight. That's straight up torture, what do they expect in return from doing that? flowers? Give me a break, this is stupid.
to them she is a fucking demon that must be killed defenseless or not, they don't give a shit if she's a cute sister, waifu or any of this dumb things,or if she hasn't killed or eat anyone in like 2 years,stop saying stupid things,before accepting her they need proof that she will never eat anyone,and sanemi's blood is the biggest proof.

One of them is straight up carrying a snake around. If it is revealed to be venomous the same can be said about him.
Sep 1, 2019 1:38 AM

Sep 2013
Good episode as its always been so far.

Quick question - Is there no Thunder Hashira in this current generation? I figured with Zenitsu's flashback the guy who was shouting at him was probably Tomioka's equivalent the way he went on and thought he was probably one of the group.

But it seems not? Does that mean Zenitsu is the highest rank student of his breathing technique in the current generation?
Sep 1, 2019 1:57 AM
Sep 2019
I hated and loved this episode. Loved it because I've been waiting all week to watch it its honestly my fav anime atm. But seeing how much tanjiro still has to go through was hard. And to have it end on a cliffhanger (which I shouldn't be surprised at) was infuriating. I hate to love kimetsu no yaiba. But I felt like knowing how strange nezuko is she will probably end up hugging someone before she attacks them 🤣
Sep 1, 2019 2:13 AM

Nov 2017
the ending fuked my eyes..
Now Loading.....
Sep 1, 2019 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
WorldoverHeaven said:
master is a soft pearson
- When you say soft are you suggesting he's actually weak? Do you judge the merits of leadership simply on ruling with an Iron fist or someone who actually uses logic and reason. So far the master has demonstrated prudence by not being consumed by vengance his subordinates have shown.
WorldoverHeaven said:
... if it only takes a word of 3 people to convince you...
- You are blatantly ignoring the fact who are these people vouching for her sake. Those people happen to be those whom they're supposed to respect and follow.
WorldoverHeaven said:
... the other side need to make a good argument for killing nezuko witch they are doing by seeing will she attack the bleeding dude
- This scenario came to be because the bloodthisrty pillars disregarded the command of their master and the testimony AND VOW of individuals willing to die for it.
WorldoverHeaven said:
... if i'm at war with demons who killed my family and so many other people and boss suddenly says to let this one live because 3 people told him so of course i'm going to disobey him
- Ah, we get to the nitty gritty of your reasoning. You see... you're not wrong to have such a sentiment but you need to understand one thing. We have Rules(laws) that govern us. The character Winston from movie John Wick said it best "Rules. Without them, we'd live with the animals" With that in mind; Instead of demons lets make it more realistic and say they're criminals: Rapist, pedophiles, drug lords, human traffickers and murderers. Obviously people like yourself would want them dead asap but in a society of laws we don't dish out good old street justice because when people take the law into their hands anarchy takes hold and society as we know it collapses.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 1, 2019 3:42 AM
Jul 2015
ExaltedChampion said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Demon isn't another race, they are monsters created by Muzan to serve him. Racism is irrational and have no good reason while here, the fact that most demon kill and eat human and enjoying it give a really good reason why they don't trush demon Nezuko is a exception that she don't eat people. Even tamayo eat people before snap out of that. Gyuu is difference, he have the chance to witness Nezuko protect her family which never happen before or since, Sanemi isn't. In fact what he witness is opposite to what happen to Tanjirou and Nezuko.

Demons are corrupted humans. We have seen flashes of their twisted humanity, how some still have memories by watching Tanjiro's journey. So I'm sure that the Hashira's have seen that as well simply because they have been at this longer than Tanjiro.

I think some the negative reaction to this has to do with our experiences in modern society. It's not the distrust, it is the disorder and cruelty. They say they are gonna have a trial but don't even wait until all members of their ranks, the one's who are supposed to judge, to assemble. Like not even their leader, they would have killed Tanjiro without hearing their leader speak.

They talk over each other and interrupt. Yes stabbing Nezuko is torturing her, but it is also hard on Tanjiro. I mean, look at how they treated him. If it wasn't for the insect hashira his side of the story would have never been heard. And he didn't even get to tell all of his side of the story. They got all shocked when their leader told them about the main antagonist connections with Tanjiro. If they had the patience to let Tanjiro explain everything he could have told them. Nope...lets just behead him on the spot. Why even call it a trial if it is gonna be so disorderly?

And then the torture, yes they should test Nezuko, but the Wind guy was so gung ho about it that he didn't have the foresight to take her to a shaded area before the test. But even before that it was obvious that he was stabbing her both for the thrill of doing so and to fuck with Tanjiro. And who told him to get the box? Was that part of a bigger plan? LIke it looked like he just ran off on his own to do whatever he wanted. Does this organization have no order at all? Right now it seems that you just have to be super strong and then you get to do whatever the fuck you want. So no wonder they keep having new recruits die on them...They are just scattered about doing whatever. Not even trying to be actual leaders.
Sep 1, 2019 4:18 AM

Apr 2018
Himawari9 said:
yeah i remember that scene. so basically sanemi did nothing wrong. Lol
Sep 1, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2010
Love the VA cast.

Gilgamesh being Gilgamesh
And of course the always reliable Kana Hana <3
Sep 1, 2019 4:49 AM

Mar 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
We the viewers can see that tanjirou telling the truth, but the in-universe character don't. They even ask Tanjirou what kind of proof does he have that she hadn't or will not attack human. Also what credible witness? Giyuu who haven't seen them in 2 years and know nothing about what happen to them all that time? Urokodaki who have a soft spot for his pupil and also haven't meet tehm for sometime now? Inosuke and Zenitsu, 2 rookies and currently out of commission?

Also Wind Pillar probably the one that have the hardest time accept this due to his past.

I can understand not trusting her immediately but impaling her with a sword is simply retarded (she was in a small box ffs). I mean they are aware good demons do exist in this world right? You would think if the leader ordered to bring her to him something's right. Note that we don't see them discuss any of the facts, they were being retarded. They were being violent for the sake of it while waiting for their leader to arrive and clear things up. Needless gore and edge imo

What hat about those birds, how bad are they at relaying information. Why didn't Urokodakimore tell he hypnotized her.

This is the same organization that sends kids to their death in a trial so whatever. And lowest of the low demon slayers to a place where hundreds have died just to get that death count running high lol what
poop
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

61 by Kyubey89 »»
Yesterday, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

235 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

274 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.