Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2019 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
this scene of barely 2 seconds is the "best animated" thing that the episode had and it is not even a real animation, if you see it in more detail you will realize the multiple techniques of limited animation inverted here, like the speedlines in the background, the sweep of images, the change of close-up, and the cut of the scene where Sonic before being hit dodges but does not show that movement to dodge but in the next scene already appears sonic in another pose, the characters actually remain totally static at all times, the only thing that moves are the lights, the dust, the debris that fly off and the head of genos for a 1 second,
Apr 16, 2019 4:12 PM

May 2015
There were some cool shots here and there, but for the most part, it looked hella lackluster. The pacing and scene transitions were also kinda off. I know people keep saying that we shouldn't compre this to S1, but I personally can't just ignore the clear gap in quality between the two.

Apr 16, 2019 4:12 PM

Aug 2016
This episode seems worse than the first in terms of everything. It’s sad to watch this mess.
Apr 16, 2019 4:15 PM

Apr 2010
Oh god, they're translating names.
Apr 16, 2019 4:16 PM

Mar 2018
@rayreynolds Even though I think you were baiting I'm curious. Do you think this adaptation so far captures the same feeling as the webcomic? If yes, don't you agree that OPM S1 did it 100 times better?

And if true OPM fans are only people who read the webcomic, what exactly are you in this medium for? Because if you do think like that, shouldn't even OPM S1 be a fake version of OPM? It's hard to understand your way of thinking, what exactly is the difference between the webcomic, manga and anime lol
poop
Apr 16, 2019 4:18 PM

May 2015
ProofByColor said:
keragamming said:

Manga elitist? I think most of the complaints come from person that watch season 1 and are comparing it to season 2.

The manga readers are only saying anime only should read the manga instead.

Sure, it's both. Either way it's annoying. OPM was lucky to get the treatment it did in season 1. If it was just an average looking show there would be no complaints. You'd think ppl would have realized/accepted this by now.

Instead you get ppl screeching at you to read to manga. I'm no stranger to disappointing anime adaptations (looking at you Piano no Mori), but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Just take a deep breath and stop watching if it's that infuriating. Hell, maybe I should take my advice and stay away from the episode forums lol.

People have a right to criticize the show when the difference in quality is this extreme.

Apr 16, 2019 4:19 PM

Nov 2018
it makes me miss how they do an intermission bridge with badass guitar bgm now<//3
Apr 16, 2019 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
its nice to see Fubuki in color at least

but why are they literally translating their names in english? just call the sisters as Fubuki and Tatsumaki damn CrunchyRoll
Apr 16, 2019 4:23 PM
Mar 2019
Jesus christ this is so distasteful. I thought it would get better than the first episode, it just got worse in the second episode. The sound effect is not good at all. The transition of each "slideshow" is pretty mediocre. When sonic got defeated, it is so weird that he is in the ground immediately. That camera slow movement to a slide show is so saturated in this episode . When I though saitama is going for the punch, he then talks with fubuki while in slow motion. Most of the animation are just mouths moving to a slowly moving camera to a slide show. Though, the comedy is on point, I fucking love king and all the characters. I'm not saying the fight is bad(probably), the "animation is bad". If people keep defending the animation then probably there is no wrong with berserk or tokyo ghoul:re then.

Overall I enjoy it 8/10 the animation and transition is just distastefull.
Apr 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
the animation sucks sure but that's not what one punch man is all about
Apr 16, 2019 4:26 PM
Feb 2016
Axelucard said:
the animation sucks sure but that's not what one punch man is all about

Pretty sure a fighting anime series like OPM definitely needs good animation. This is just sad now honestly
Apr 16, 2019 4:33 PM
Mar 2018
They need to work on the animation a lot better. It wasn't smooth as it should have been.
Apr 16, 2019 4:36 PM

Nov 2017
Satisfying episode. I’m sure everyone’s paying attention to the art and visuals but it’s the soundeffects that sounded kinda cheap to me. Welp anyway looks like B class rank 1 got to see whatsup with the gang. She was blown away, both physically and mentally. That was hilarious. Looks like speed o sonic once again plans on a future battle again... and the monster guy keeps on massacring, cant wait till he meets Saitama :))) tho I wonder where this is all going to in this season.. I’m hoping we get to learn more about Saitama’s powers... cant wait for next episode!

Saitama lowkey b fixin’ her

plz @ me
Apr 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, this episode looked awful. The animation was basically an animatic, and the scene transitions and dialogue feel so off.
Apr 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Sep 2017
Pfft~ This kind of animation isn't something new to J.C staff
Apr 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2019
@rayreynolds Even though I think you were baiting I'm curious. Do you think this adaptation so far captures the same feeling as the webcomic? If yes, don't you agree that OPM S1 did it 100 times better?

And if true OPM fans are only people who read the webcomic, what exactly are you in this medium for? Because if you do think like that, shouldn't even OPM S1 be a fake version of OPM? It's hard to understand your way of thinking, what exactly is the difference between the webcomic, manga and anime lol

because it is a series that is attractive by the Idea, a good Idea by itself is powerful, no matter how it is interpreted, that's why there are thousands of versions of superman and batman because they are heroes that caught the attention of the public thanks to their concept In addition in their time they were something unique. It does not matter if the first season was closer to the web comic or the manga because an anime is just another version of the Idea and that is why there is the term "based on" which attracted much attention for its bombastic animation, that was the focus who decided to put madhouse.
Apr 16, 2019 4:54 PM

Dec 2015
It was far better in terms of direction. And I'm extremelly relieved, because this was one of my favorites moments on the manga. Unfortunately after this, the comedy will slowly go away and it will become a little boring sometimes. Adding the weak animation, I belive this part will disappoint even more now
Apr 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Aug 2016
They're just destroying the legacy of one punch man at this point. Honestly, if you're going to make a sequel of this quality, then you should not bother making one at all. It's just dragon ball super all over again.
Apr 16, 2019 5:23 PM

Nov 2013
Animation is laughable at this point, I've seen better fight scenes than this in ecchi series
Apr 16, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
Just as people said, Garou is indeed a monster. :o

Really good episode, better than the previous one. Filled with action and it presented some more heroes of different ranks.

Fubuki is thicc ;)
Apr 16, 2019 5:31 PM

Mar 2018
RayReynolds said:

because it is a series that is attractive by the Idea, a good Idea by itself is powerful, no matter how it is interpreted, that's why there are thousands of versions of superman and batman because they are heroes that caught the attention of the public thanks to their concept In addition in their time they were something unique. It does not matter if the first season was closer to the web comic or the manga because an anime is just another version of the Idea and that is why there is the term "based on" which attracted much attention for its bombastic animation, that was the focus who decided to put madhouse.
I haven't read the manga or webcomic yet and it's been a long time since I've seen season 1 but what you say is right, the idea of OPM is great. Still, the manga and anime are products and this new season fails to deliver anything of value by being complete ass. An idea is just an idea if the final product is not polished no matter how good it was. But whatever, I still don't understand your shots at people who dislike this new season's look and sound. Your reply before got deleted and when I skimmed over it my eyes read the words "webcomic" and "true OPM fans" and I immediately stopped reading further and called you a troll so my bad.

This season is terrible, there's no need to care about the idea behind OPM. The people who do care already read the manga or webcomic and have no need to praise this garbage of a second season just because the idea of OPM is great. But I assume you're going to keep taking shots at people who criticize it lol
poop
Apr 16, 2019 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
Animation really was mediocre in this episode.

At least we got plenty of best girl Fubuki/Blizzard.

I’m looking forward to Garou’s hunt next episode.
Apr 16, 2019 5:52 PM
May 2017
Feels bad man they missed out a lot of things in this episode tbh. They powered through 2/3 of chapter 40 to 45. There were just a lot of tiny thing that were missing like Garou's mini back story, the tiny details in everyone's faces (e.g Garou's face being less expressive when fighting villians). And also is it just me or does the VA for saitama sound more dead than usual or am I just digging.
Apr 16, 2019 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
deg said:
its nice to see Fubuki in color at least

But she appeared for a short time in Season 1 in one episode (that one with uproar on the train).

deg said:
but why are they literally translating their names in english? just call the sisters as Fubuki and Tatsumaki damn CrunchyRoll

I don't understand it either. They could've go with translation + original name when it came to presentation of heroes, but later use their origin Japanese names, because they are their names in fact. Dunno why they chose to make translations, it sounds odd when you got used to call Fubuki and Tatsumaki with their original names.
Apr 16, 2019 6:05 PM
Mar 2019
oh animation still looks really bad, to be honest I'm not used to seeing this bad action with still images, it's very chaotic OPM is an action-packed manga, watching this program with poor quality wants to make me vomit, the only interesting thing in this episode is the appearance of breasts great fubuki, I think this adaptation must be stopped because it doesn't fit into the crazy battle theme, if I don't forget the manga on the arc is now full of action, and some people fools still say stories are more important than animation, so my favorite manga is made like garbage and I don't think I need to buy the bluray, it's just a waste of money
LukesterryApr 16, 2019 6:09 PM
Apr 16, 2019 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
I must be blind or something but to the 50%> people complaining about "The animation is so bad that it makes the anime unwatchable" are you really sure its THAT bad?

Because when I think of unwatchable anime I think of the 2016/2017 Berserk as the litmus test. This is J.C Staff, I never had any doubts that they could pull off making OPM S2 because they got a decent resume of making good anime such as Shakugan no Shana and Is it wrong to pick up dungeon girls and etc.

Genos vs Sonic looked fine when i watched it. The afterimage effects looked pretty cool.

Fubuki isn't as strong as her sister so her being only able to conjure up a dust tornado of pebbles makes sense, don't know why people are upset about that.

Garo's backstory will probably be shown later down the road so i doubt there just gonna skip that, they'll just rearrange some of the manga chapters most likely.
Apr 16, 2019 6:12 PM

Jun 2013
People wanna talk about JC Staff's animation. I wanna talk about their shitty sound design. Get outta here with those muddy, distorted sound effects.
Apr 16, 2019 6:17 PM
Apr 2017
I'm quite disappointed about the censorship...I maen when Garou cut the arm of a hero why did it pass in negative ? HELLO ?! It's One Punch Man !! and unfortunately that was not the only censor in this ep..
Anyway this episide was fun, the animation was fine, but i hope the battles will have best qualities
Apr 16, 2019 6:18 PM
Mar 2018
Holymonark97 said:
I must be blind or something but to the 50%> people complaining about "The animation is so bad that it makes the anime unwatchable" are you really sure its THAT bad?

Because when I think of unwatchable anime I think of the 2016/2017 Berserk as the litmus test. This is J.C Staff, I never had any doubts that they could pull off making OPM S2 because they got a decent resume of making good anime such as Shakugan no Shana and Is it wrong to pick up dungeon girls and etc.

Genos vs Sonic looked fine when i watched it. The afterimage effects looked pretty cool.

Fubuki isn't as strong as her sister so her being only able to conjure up a dust tornado of pebbles makes sense, don't know why people are upset about that.

Garo's backstory will probably be shown later down the road so i doubt there just gonna skip that, they'll just rearrange some of the manga chapters most likely.

Im sure is that bad to be fair i already dropped the show after Ep 1 but just seen to what depths this production will sink is entertaining in off itself.

The direction is terrible, the music is mediocre, they are rushing the pacing and cutting important info, the fights are messy its overall a disgrace.
Remember among all anime there are the modern gods that everyone knows: AoT, OPM, MHA for one of that caliber to sunk this far is an effing disgrace no one will remember this series after this season that was the fate of TG one of the most popular anime in 2015 virtually forgotten today.
Apr 16, 2019 6:23 PM

Dec 2014
I think the moment where Saitama takes out Monkey and Eyelashes in one punch sums up why this doesn't work. That scene should be hilarious, but the punch sound lacks power, and the animation and angle are bland. It just isn't satisfying, and that sentiment carries over to every other aspect of the show.

Now that I think about, the sound design in this show is awful across the board.
Apr 16, 2019 6:26 PM

Apr 2011
Funny how Fubuki and her group can act like that in Saitama but they were nothing. I got a laugh when Saitama used his Serious Sidway Jumps and then Ninja guys' reaction was hilarious.

And Garou think he is a monster is pretty laughable when he is nothing compared to the powerful villains Saitama has fought. He'll be destroyed and sent to the garbage can in a second if he faced him.

So far, I'm enjoying this new season despite the change in art style and some drop animations.
Apr 16, 2019 6:42 PM

Jun 2012
Daphi said:
xShinigami3125 said:

The staff that worked on opm did a different show.
Go read the manga.

i already did
im fairly up to date on the manga
im sure there are other reasons why they didnt pick up OPM instead of something else that is less successful, im guessing its a budget thing but it still pisses me off when studios switch like that

Dude they didn't chose or rather didn't have a choice. I'm no expert, but I think it's all about scheduling, MadHouse was booked to another show when OnePan 2 was announced, the fault here is on whoever runs the anime committee and didn't want to wait for MadHouse to be free, to work on OnePan.
Still even if MadHouse was working on it, probably wouldn't be able to gather the same "legendary" staff, I think most of them were freelancer(lack of better word) animators or something, gather by the anime director of season 1.
Apr 16, 2019 6:46 PM
Jul 2017
sogegesoge said:
it makes me miss how they do an intermission bridge with badass guitar bgm now<//3

Yes! I can tolerate mediocre animation, but there's an element of fun that this production is missing. I mean, they didn't NEED intermission guitar licks in Season 1. They probably weren't technically difficult to produce. But it required thought and care to realize that they would be FUN and match the series perfectly.

Even the opening theme song of Season 2 isn't as rocking.

This series is only being saved by the quality of the source material.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Jun 2012
So by the opening the centipide will be animated the same way as Genos armor, that will be fun to mock, especially when every armor in this season looks the same for every character, Sonic, Genos, Cybor what his name, bad guy from ep 1, etc...
Why is Garo emmiting purple rays from his hands?! He doesn't have any powers and Silverfang will have green rays from his hands too wtf...
They didn't show Sonic trying to slash Genos head, so the scene looked confused.
The animation is just lacking, I mean it's decent from some of the other shows but from season 1 they are just lowering the bar... they are even shaking the camerawork so people don't notice:

(all the frames of the scene were like this...)

This was just better than episode 1 cause, a lot more happened... Garo and Fubuki being two of the best characters helps.
SnaitaApr 16, 2019 7:00 PM
Apr 16, 2019 6:51 PM

Sep 2017
The pacing was terrible in the Satiama/Speed-o'-Sound Sonic fight. Also, the lack of fluidity killed the joke and made the fight look herky-jerky.

And is it just me, or does the plot seem sporadic at this juncture?
Apr 16, 2019 6:55 PM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:

I haven't read the manga or webcomic yet and it's been a long time since I've seen season 1 but what you say is right, the idea of OPM is great. Still, the manga and anime are products and this new season fails to deliver anything of value by being complete ass. An idea is just an idea if the final product is not polished no matter how good it was. But whatever, I still don't understand your shots at people who dislike this new season's look and sound. Your reply before got deleted and when I skimmed over it my eyes read the words "webcomic" and "true OPM fans" and I immediately stopped reading further and called you a troll so my bad.

This season is terrible, there's no need to care about the idea behind OPM. The people who do care already read the manga or webcomic and have no need to praise this garbage of a second season just because the idea of OPM is great. But I assume you're going to keep taking shots at people who criticize it lol

nah I just exaggerated, I wanted to get a reaction because most are wrong, but I guess in the end it's useless, few are willing to admit their mistake.
Apr 16, 2019 7:03 PM

May 2014
The animation isn't even that bad tbh. Better then most of the other seasonals airing right now. It's just that OPM has always been flat out boring. There's no substance to it as of now, though I really do hope that changes.
Apr 16, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2017
This was worse than the last episode. Both in terms of execution and animation.
Apr 16, 2019 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
I won't even talk about the quality of the animations etc, because there is no point...so i will focus on the plot/comedy.

This girl is funny xD I love the fact that he's a B rank yet people from S rank respect him xD And that girl's face when King entered the room hahahaha
I wonder what he told to Saitama for deleting his save xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 16, 2019 7:44 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, it's kinda sad to see everyone hating on the animation. It's definitely not the greatest but it's watchable.
Personally, I think the weaker point is the comedy, I feel like it could be directed or presented better somehow, not really able to put my hand on what I feel is lacking there. Some of the stuff was still funny though.

The Serious series sideways jump was great though. XD

Love how King and Saitama are friends now.

Fubuki. <3
Apr 16, 2019 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
shit tier fight scenes. gah
bgm was good tho.
i'll read the mango someday fo sure. unfortunate
Apr 16, 2019 8:04 PM
Jan 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
Damn, it's kinda sad to see everyone hating on the animation. It's definitely not the greatest but it's watchable.
Personally, I think the weaker point is the comedy, I feel like it could be directed or presented better somehow, not really able to put my hand on what I feel is lacking there. Some of the stuff was still funny though.

The Serious series sideways jump was great though. XD

Love how King and Saitama are friends now.

Fubuki. <3
What's so good about panning?
Apr 16, 2019 8:17 PM

Aug 2018
The animation sucks. Unlike many people I was never a fan of the plot of the first season either but it still entertained me because of the animation. Take that out and there's not much left.

If I'm not mistaken the popularity/sales of One Punch Man is huge so there's no excuse to give it such a mediocre adaptation. I mean just look at Mob Psycho 100 which is from the same author, it got such an amazing adaptation. The stark contrast between the second season of both is painful to see.
<Insert clever quote>
Apr 16, 2019 8:28 PM

Jan 2019
Woah wait, did I seriously see a haired Saitama in the OP?
Saitama looked pretty badass with the menacing face in this episode lol
-RogueApr 16, 2019 8:37 PM
Apr 16, 2019 8:29 PM
Feb 2019
the animation definitely takes time to grow on you, it 100% feels like the one punch we know and love even if it doesn't look like it.
Apr 16, 2019 8:35 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

Fubuki and her group appearing was cool, the got unluck cause Saitama is more stronger than them, Fubuki is hot fighting, and her hurricane was sure overpower!

Sanic vs Genos was really interesting, genos speed with his new upgrades so strong!

King was soft, if someone had deleted and game liek sSaitama did would be teh end of the world xD
Apr 16, 2019 8:43 PM

May 2015
transphinx said:
I think this is the last time I'll read OPM comments.

LOL PEOPLE HERE ARE SURELY CRINGE with all the mi mi mi complaining trash. SOME EVEN PUT STUFF LIKE THAT IN THEIR SIGNATURES HAAAAA

Yeah, god forbid people criticize something that deserves to be criticized...

Apr 16, 2019 8:44 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know about the rest but I'm finding the animation and fights choreography quite decent. Not to mention that the OST used during said fights was just amazing.

That said, it was a pretty entertaining episode. The fight between Genos and Sonic was probably the highlight for me but Garou's introduction was quite interesting to see as well.

It was also nice to see more of Fubuki. However, I think her fight with Saitama felt a bit underwhelming but other than that, her presence and the talk she had with both Saitama and Genos after the fight was something I really enjoyed. Not to mention that I loved her reaction when King suddenly appeared xD

And finally, on a side note, I must say that I really liked the fact that the studio made an ED with the same relaxing/calm vibe the old one had.
Apr 16, 2019 9:07 PM

Dec 2016
Wow I really enjoyed it
10/10
Apr 16, 2019 9:12 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't hype myself when season 2 was announced nor did I expect it to be as good as season 1. And now I found myself quite enjoying season 2 with all of its lackeys just fine. That's why Hype is bad for your mind and body boysss.. Just prepare for the worst and you'll do just fine.

Mod edit: removed baiting
BarnaldApr 17, 2019 4:37 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.