Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 25, 2019 10:59 PM
Nov 2018
akihikosama said:
I don't dislike Milim but her presence and the explicit explanation that she is leagues above Rimuru in strength drop kicks him out of the ruler and conqueror role down to a minion role. Everything he spent his whole life as a slime building up is now at the mercy of this impulsive child.

Yes, I was thinking the same. When they stood in front of the villagers I was thinking of how she could kill them all, including Rimuru, in a few minutes, and level the entire town.

And with a child's personality, a child who has already been bored probably for many years, that should be a very real possibility. She has no family and no friends, only other demons in a council. No husband, no children, no responsibilities or sense of duty, nothing to tie her down. She has probably been around for centuries with nothing to do. Destroying a village would be like destroying all your buildings at the end of a game, when you know you can easily kill off everything on the map and you've been there for too long already. Eh, why not level the buildings and the villagers? There'll always be new ones.

So having Milim around should be like waiting for your sudden death.

Sad that after Rimuru's fun gathering of powers until he became the greatest ... here's someone who can beat him at any time by clicking the cheat button.

And it's sad that they had such a long story with the powerful orc lord ... and now, here's a character who could easily have put down the orc lord and his entire army.

Why haven't the demons just subjugated the dwarfs and humans and others already? If they have nothing else to do with their eternal lives. And why did they need an orc army when a single demon could have done the same job?

In short, it would have been nicer if Milim had been on the same level as Rimuru, instead of ten times stronger. But maybe "ten times" was just the anime's choice, while the original story only said "much stronger"? Which could mean ... just 70 percent stronger, say. That'd be better.
Jan 26, 2019 12:38 AM
Nov 2015
Hegar said:
akihikosama said:
I don't dislike Milim but her presence and the explicit explanation that she is leagues above Rimuru in strength drop kicks him out of the ruler and conqueror role down to a minion role. Everything he spent his whole life as a slime building up is now at the mercy of this impulsive child.

Yes, I was thinking the same. When they stood in front of the villagers I was thinking of how she could kill them all, including Rimuru, in a few minutes, and level the entire town.

And with a child's personality, a child who has already been bored probably for many years, that should be a very real possibility. She has no family and no friends, only other demons in a council. No husband, no children, no responsibilities or sense of duty, nothing to tie her down. She has probably been around for centuries with nothing to do. Destroying a village would be like destroying all your buildings at the end of a game, when you know you can easily kill off everything on the map and you've been there for too long already. Eh, why not level the buildings and the villagers? There'll always be new ones.

Sad that after Rimuru's fun gathering of powers until he became the greatest ... here's someone who can beat him at any time by clicking the cheat button.

And it's sad that they had such a long story with the powerful orc lord ... and now, here's a character who could easily have put down the orc lord and his entire army.

Why haven't the demons just subjugated the dwarfs and humans and others already? If they have nothing else to do with their eternal lives. And why did they need an orc army when a single demon could have done the same job?

In short, it would have been nicer if Milim had been on the same level as Rimuru, instead of ten times stronger. But maybe "ten times" was just the anime's choice, while the original story only said "much stronger"? Which could mean ... just 70 percent stronger, say. That'd be better.

It's litterally 10x stronger she can kill rimuru just by one punch full power.

Milim is dragon race also related to
in final WN /LN.

Just read the WN or ln if you really curious it's not anime only, it's from original source WN/LN.

Or read the damn wiki.
Jan 26, 2019 2:14 AM

Feb 2017
Hegar said:
akihikosama said:

yes ,
milim is at least 10 times stronger
according to great sage calculation in the light novel ,

not to mention ,
Lab_Rat_0978Jan 26, 2019 2:24 AM
Jan 26, 2019 5:45 AM
Mar 2018
Hegar said:
akihikosama said:

Cause 90% of people keep complaining that rimuru is too op, I think the author put milim simply to shut those people off
Jan 26, 2019 5:47 AM

Jan 2014
I hope Rimuru got to devour Milim or something else so he can level up to the same or more powerful than Milim.
Jan 26, 2019 6:25 AM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
I was really enjoying this series until the pink arrived. Kinda surprised so many people like her.
Jan 26, 2019 8:04 AM

Sep 2018
Too much goodness in this episode too, fortunately the arrival of the character of Millim is useful for the narration, she brings a bit of fun, very nice her funny faces and her temperament.
Jan 26, 2019 8:20 AM

Dec 2018
akihikosama said:

Milim being someone so powerful surely found the existential emptiness of saitama, destroying the world for her would be very easy in fact could destroy the whole continent without much effort, but as living in a desolate wasteland is much more boring it will not do. So she has something else to do, like maybe meet with other powerful people or maybe she created them herself to have someone with whom she can give a good fight.
The demons used the orc to create another demon king so he could have control over the forest because Verudora his gone. That forest had a treaty that left it out of the jurisdiction of the demon kings, the anime one more time I do not specify much (or maybe I'll do it later). If you ask yourself why do not they simply not taken the world or enslave other races? because everyone has their own kingdom and they rule as they want, they already have their own vassals, trying to fight each other's territory would only cause reduction in their forces, the worst is to enter a civil war, so as we shows once more the history the union makes the force, it is understood by both the villains and the montruos that rimuru gathered, here the people are not idiots.
Jan 26, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2009
Hegar said:
akihikosama said:

I'm not going to go over other peoples' responses to your post, because by looking at it, i think i can already see the problem they all have with addressing this topic.
The problem is fundamentally this: what is the goal of the story?
I can say without hesitation that it's not about power struggles or competition.

The fact that Milim is so powerful it not a direct deal-breaking issue, unless you misunderstood this story from the get-go. See, Rimuru was given unfairly versatile and advantageous abilities... not only does he have immense brute power, he also has abilities that are extremely useful and improvisable, leading this to give the impression of yet another power-fantasy. He just got this stuff handed to him from the get-go. His adventure through the world has never been a physical challenge of any sorts, but rather a strategic and intellectual challenge.
. . . Ultimately, it's about friendship, and bringing everyone together mutually. This is NOT a power fantasy.

Sure, Milim could obliterate them all, but that's not the point. Milim is a very massive variable which Rimuru now has to account for, he must preserve his friendship with Milim, and forming that friendship is a very big step on the path he was already headed. The fact that he can make friends with her using non-aggressive methods is a lot more effective problem-solving, than losing untold numbers of lives trying to defeat her by seeing her as some kind of super-evil. Though we should also remember that Rimuru is holding onto a couple very powerful beings inside of him.

Getting on to the most important point. Milim has been on top for so long, and is ultimately bored with the world, and either failed to witness or forgotten smaller joys. Milim won't destroy the place, because it's given her fond experiences, making it a place of pleasurable memory. They are NOT at the mercy of Milim, they TRADED with Milim: her passiveness, in exchange for the joys of their community, and whatever shenanigans Rimuru may get up to. Remember that Rimuru is a very strange variable in the world, he came out of nowhere, and is suddenly inventing a whole new way of life, and a new type of society. An unprecedented level of cooperation so far as i can tell from what's been told thus far.

Regardless of what hints i've seen people give from reading ahead about how crafty etc Milim may be, she is still charming, and has thus far not spoken any lies. She showed up to say hi, and that's what she did. Rimuru did something amusing, and Milim liked that. Simple. If anything, having Milim as a friend means he can dethrone the demon lords (which are clearly a parallel for warlords), by either eliminating them, or befriending them, without being faced with utter catastrophe and tragedy. As Milim was meant to represent, if a demon lord of Rimuru or higher caliber shows up, or any comparable being, then pretty much everyone but Rimuru is potentially cannon fodder. All of this shifts power balances ofc, but it's also opportunity.

And ofc, i stand by Milim being very likable~

@nina444 @Briandias @Fede_5000 i invite u 3 to have a read too.
GenesisAriaJan 26, 2019 10:19 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 26, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2012
Abyhape said:
I hope Rimuru got to devour Milim or something else so he can level up to the same or more powerful than Milim.

The anime skipped the part were the great sage said the predator will not work on her because her level is too high. It is from chapter 31 of the manga
Jan 26, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
Very entertaining episode. Millim was presented and she's a cutie so far. I'm also glad I didn't find her personality annoying or anything although I still think Shizue is best girl :D

So, Soka and the other lizardwomen became ninjas? Interesting, I was already wondering who the ninja girls from the OP were...

And seeing Vesta again was unexpected but I think it's ok to have him around since he's so good at research. And it seemed he learned his lesson too so... why not?

All in all, nice episode. I now wonder what possible problems might happen due to Millim's decision of staying with them. That definitely will cause some complications with the other demon lords so I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Besties! Besties! Besties! ~
SouthRzVaJan 26, 2019 9:06 PM
Jan 26, 2019 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
thepath said:
Abyhape said:

The anime skipped the part were the great sage said the predator will not work on her because her level is too high. It is from chapter 31 of the manga

If I remember correctly, the Great Sage said that she's 10 times stronger than the current Rimuru, so it's obvious Rimuru can't use Predator on her.
but what I really wishes is that Rimuru become stronger than her since he's now not the strongest in the City.
Jan 26, 2019 9:48 PM
Aug 2017
Goddamn, i love the fan service
Jan 26, 2019 10:10 PM
Mar 2018
Abyhape said:

If that happen it will basicly turn into another power fantasy with no substance, if possible I would like them to avoid going to that route, just look at re: monster, they fucked up pretty bad in later cp eventhough the begining cp was decent
Jan 27, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2017
Abyhape said:
thepath said:

If I remember correctly, the Great Sage said that she's 10 times stronger than the current Rimuru, so it's obvious Rimuru can't use Predator on her.
but what I really wishes is that Rimuru become stronger than her since he's now not the strongest in the City.

Im fairly certain as the mc rimuru will surpass milim but...

Jan 27, 2019 4:00 AM

Jan 2014
nina444 said:
Abyhape said:

but can Milim cut Rimuru? since he's a slime tho, just wondering
Jan 27, 2019 4:10 AM
Oct 2012
Abyhape said:
thepath said:

How did he devour Veldora in Episode one then? Is it because he devoured the barrier and Not veldora himself?
Jan 27, 2019 4:28 AM

Jan 2014
Eniie said:
Abyhape said:

How did he devour Veldora in Episode one then? Is it because he devoured the barrier and Not veldora himself?

yeah, that's the case. well, it's not entirely true, the barrier itself isn't even devoured, he just swallowed the Barrier and Veldora in it into his personal unlimited spaces.
Jan 27, 2019 4:52 AM

Dec 2018
@GenesisAria I agree, the anime never raised a story about self-improvement and effort, this is not like My hero academy the protagonist does not have the dream of being the hero of this world.
Jan 27, 2019 5:37 AM

Feb 2017
Abyhape said:
nina444 said:

according to episode 1 ,
rimuru also has this [melee attack resistance] Yet in episode 8 iirc pre named (nameless) hakurou was able to bypass it

it means rimuru resistances ain't omnipotent , they ain't invincible .
moreover we're tlkn about demon lord milim who is stated to be in a completely different league compared to some old nameless ogre and rimuru himself even .
hence the result is so clear as day
Lab_Rat_0978Jan 27, 2019 5:49 AM
Jan 27, 2019 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
nina444 said:
Abyhape said:

according to episode 1 ,
rimuru also has this [melee attack resistance] Yet in episode 8 iirc pre named (nameless) hakurou was able to bypass it

moreover we're tlkn about demon lord milim who is stated to be in a completely different league compared to some old nameless ogre and rimuru himself even .

I know about that but it doesn't really harm him, it's just separate some of Rimuru's hand from the main body.
what I really mean is that can someone cut (harm) Rimuru through blade slash, because I doubt anyone can even if Milim is the one who did it tho.
Jan 27, 2019 7:10 AM
Jul 2013
Briandias said:
Abyhape said:

If that happen it will basicly turn into another power fantasy with no substance, if possible I would like them to avoid going to that route, just look at re: monster, they fucked up pretty bad in later cp eventhough the begining cp was decent

In the manga, Great Sage warned Rimuru that he can't use predator on her coz she exceeds Rimuru on magical capacity being ten times than him, so it's impossible atm for Rimuru, but obviously that part wasn't adapted
Jan 27, 2019 8:45 AM

Feb 2017
Abyhape said:
nina444 said:

according to episode 1 ,

I know about that but it doesn't really harm him, it's just separate some of Rimuru's hand from the main body.
what I really mean is that can someone cut (harm) Rimuru through blade slash, because I doubt anyone can even if Milim is the one who did it tho.

I don't think you understand what Im tryin to convey here .
let me put it this way ,
as we can see in the fight rimuru vs ifrit , rimuru thermal fluctuations resistance prowess is no joke .
Yet a nameless old orge was able to Bypass one of rimuru melee attack resistance like it was nthn and rimuru had to use ultra speed regen to defuse the situation .

melee resistance is arguably comparable to the thermal one u know .
so given the fact ,
we can actually bypass rimuru resistances via haki , he will be no longer that invincible then?
it means as long as we amplify our attacks with haki , we can bypass rimuru fire , ice , electricity etc resistances in ease . so it's a really big deal .

Lab_Rat_0978Jan 27, 2019 8:51 AM
Jan 27, 2019 8:47 AM

Feb 2017
kramXD said:
Briandias said:

In the manga, Great Sage warned Rimuru that he can't use predator on her coz she exceeds Rimuru on magical capacity being ten times than him, so it's impossible atm for Rimuru, but obviously that part wasn't adapted

I think they will explain it properly in the fight against charybdis
Jan 28, 2019 3:23 AM
Jul 2013
nina444 said:
kramXD said:

How so?

I'm pretty sure when great sage warned Rimuru about her magical capacity is just before when Rimuru did the honey-rasengan

Then again I only read the manga so I dunno what the LN did different

Jan 28, 2019 6:55 AM

Feb 2017
kramXD said:
nina444 said:

How so?

I'm pretty sure when great sage warned Rimuru about her magical capacity is just before when Rimuru did the honey-rasengan

Then again I only read the manga so I dunno what the LN did different

according to both manga and light novel , rimuru can't use predator on charybdis because it's magicules are far too large to devour .
milim level >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>charybdis level
thus it's understandable if rimuru predator won't work on milim
Jan 28, 2019 11:00 PM

Jan 2011
Fuck off with turning the lizardmen into human with wings.
Jan 28, 2019 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this thousand-something-year-old loli has some nice ass cheeks.
臭い-
Jan 29, 2019 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
Millim... instant favorite.
Jan 29, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
This anime always makes me laugh with the most ridiculous and funny situations xD
I wonder if Milim has any reason for being friends with Rimuru, because i think she just wants to study him and what he is doing.
Pretty good episode tho xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 31, 2019 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
How to train your Demon Lord

With delicious Honey
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 3, 2019 11:06 AM

May 2015
Dat loli ass was 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 16, 2019 10:25 AM
Jan 2019
Welp I have a new Waifu now
Feb 20, 2019 12:45 AM

Jan 2016
I hated Milim the first second she appeared in this episode. Annoying little brat, absurdly overpowered, bullies Gabiru, that stupid half-naked outfit... There is absolutely nothing to like about her. She's become the Jar Jar Binks of this show.
Feb 21, 2019 3:00 PM

Jun 2015
X3MReaper said:
Welp I have a new Waifu now

^good thing that he also knows that we've discovered best girl of winter 2019^

GetTheseHams said:
I hated Milim the first second she appeared in this episode. Annoying little brat, absurdly overpowered, bullies Gabiru, that stupid half-naked outfit... There is absolutely nothing to like about her. She's become the Jar Jar Binks of this show.

ima counter with this...
Feb 23, 2019 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
I like Milim so far, though I can understand why people might find her annoying. I guess I just enjoy her archetype (not her unnecessary fashion sense though).
I was surprised to finally see someone who is admittedly far stronger than Rimuru, although his regeneration and the predator skill might still be able to counter her if he uses it wisely.
i actually thought Rimuru was trying to get her to say his name so that he might get more powerful, just like Gabiru this episode. Turns out I was wrong.

On the other hand, I'm not surprised Gabiru found his way here. I'm less happy that the stupid minister or whoever guy is here as well, he should have just disappeared.
The lizardmen turning into humans was weird, but at least they seem to have horns and wings.
Feb 23, 2019 6:57 PM

Feb 2017
RazielZero said:
I like Milim so far, though I can understand why people might find her annoying. I guess I just enjoy her archetype (not her unnecessary fashion sense though).
I was surprised to finally see someone who is admittedly far stronger than Rimuru, although his regeneration and the predator skill might still be able to counter her if he uses it wisely.
i actually thought Rimuru was trying to get her to say his name so that he might get more powerful, just like Gabiru this episode. Turns out I was wrong.

On the other hand, I'm not surprised Gabiru found his way here. I'm less happy that the stupid minister or whoever guy is here as well, he should have just disappeared.
The lizardmen turning into humans was weird, but at least they seem to have horns and wings.

just fyi the one who renamed gabiru was great sage xD it's for research purpose

milim is 10x stronger than rimuru on low end . on high end not even great sage could measure milim power , her power is stated to be immeasurable

these lizardmen and lizarwomen are now under souei command as spies , so em turning into humans make perfect sense imo
Mar 20, 2019 10:46 PM

May 2012
Millim really seems like a great character and knowing she is more powerful is quite impressive, really looking forwards to see what will happen next!
Apr 2, 2019 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
Goddamit Gabiru you hilarious mofo. Seriously he made this episode more fun and hopefuly all the future episodes as well. Anyway, so what if Rimuru's nation has come under Milim's protection? That should be a good thing, she can act as the deterrent so they won't be attacked by outside forces especially by the other demon lords who are apparently crazy strong entities. Cause Milim's probably the first person to be proven that's more powerful than Rimuru. And I've realized that the "hero" who saved Shizu kinda more or less defeated the demon lord who summoned Shizu and not only that, she sealed that Storm Dragon so just imagine her strength. And imagine Rimuru's strength if and when that storm dragon got out of his seal and Rimuru analysed him from the inside. Can't wait!
Apr 8, 2019 11:47 PM

May 2013
I don't trust Milim. And I don't like her moving into the village just like that. She needs to go.
Apr 28, 2019 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
Milim is the best thing that's happening to this show in about six episodes.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 17, 2019 8:39 PM

Apr 2007
It's not fair, they made Millim too damn cute. There's no way I can dislike anything she does. You win :(
Jun 22, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2015
Oh snap Milim is hot

Also, I like the citybuilding that's going on. They've really come far!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 2, 2019 7:15 PM

Oct 2013
Whaaaat...?! Vesta as "a gift"? It's rather like a war declaration, haha. I hope he's gonna be useful though and won't plot against Kaijin and Rimuru. Whan an irony... guy who loathed monsters will work from now on in their village.

As expected, Gabiru and his mates headed towards Rimuru's village and asked for allowing them to join Rimuru. I laughed when he appeared and after his sister appeared as well to say she didn't really miss him, but her father chose Rimuru's place as a good one to gain experience. xD

Gabiru's sisters look soooo cute! And everything happend because they evolved... It's hard to believe they belonged to lizardman race before. I'm surprised also that Gabiru could be named twice, just if it meant a change in person who was his master (I mean, who gave him his name).

Demon Lord Milim might look cute as well, but man, she is 10x stronger in magic than Rimuru when she is not even fighting... o_O Good that Rimuru had some honey. She liked it and was introduced to Rimuru's society as well. Bloody hell, to think that a slime, even a special one like Rimuru, can tame a demon lord. xD Poor Gabiru for taking strong punch from Milim, haha.

While Rimuru gained a powerful ally, I'm afraid other Demon Lords won't stay in one position and will try to attack Rimuru's village. :(

@chobentys , I know right! I love to see how their village evolved from primitive shelters to a decent civilized and developed town! :D
Jul 11, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2018
Ten said:
Millim is not as annoying as I thought she would be.

This episode was very relaxing to watch, I especially liked Rimuru wrapped in a towel.

Really? She seems pretty annoying to me. And I was enjoying the series so much until now.
Jul 11, 2019 1:06 PM
Apr 2018
CatSoul said:
Milim is the best thing that's happening to this show in about six episodes.

She's the worst thing to happen to this show.
Jul 11, 2019 1:08 PM
Apr 2018
GetTheseHams said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Way to ruin a pretty fun show.
Jul 11, 2019 1:15 PM
Apr 2018
Absolutely hate Millim. Annoying brat who bullies others, is insanely overpowered and is nothing more than fanservice for pedophiles. Seriously, her outfit has to be one of the most ridiculous I've ever seen. I like fan service but for fucks sake, she's basically wearing a thong 24/7. Not to mention having Rimuru outclassed so much ruins the power fantasy aspect. And I was enjoying the show so much too. Hopefully they'll focus more on the other characters, though I know they won't because pedophilia. She'll definitely be the most popular girl in the show. God, I hate anime fans.
Jul 20, 2019 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
most powerfull D lord and so guilable 😂😂😂
what a great luck 😄
Jul 20, 2019 3:49 AM

Sep 2012
NordicHorde said:
Absolutely hate Millim. Annoying brat who bullies others, is insanely overpowered and is nothing more than fanservice for pedophiles. Seriously, her outfit has to be one of the most ridiculous I've ever seen. I like fan service but for fucks sake, she's basically wearing a thong 24/7. Not to mention having Rimuru outclassed so much ruins the power fantasy aspect. And I was enjoying the show so much too. Hopefully they'll focus more on the other characters, though I know they won't because pedophilia. She'll definitely be the most popular girl in the show. God, I hate anime fans.

u take anime way to seriously, i think her being lolli with this type outfit bothers u cause ur closed pedo or just have torment pedo side deep inside u, i don't care about this sh

but when it comes to the other part her being mean brat... i agree, but this exp may changes her

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

291 by Psicrom »»
May 28, 10:08 PM

» Watch order

Holy_Momo - Jan 27

19 by good4y0u »»
May 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.