Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 7, 2018 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
Great start! The art style is so much better compared to part 4. Will definitely be following!
Oct 7, 2018 12:45 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Raichi_ said:
kyoudai said:
LIke everyone else, I thought it was a great start to the part with my favorite JoJo, erm, GioGio. Glad they're doing it as a straight through 3-cours instead of splitting it.

Personally, Ono Kensho's voice wasn't quite what I expected for Giorno. Don't get me wrong, I love his voice. But I was expecting someone with a more elegant, somewhat higher voice. Maybe Kimura Ryouhei? No, that's not quite right. Shimazaki Nobunaga could have been a good choice. Well, I didn't like Murase Ayumu as Hinata Shouyo at first either, but now I can't imagine anyone else playing that role. I'm sure I'll grow to love Kensho as Giorno as well.

How about Sakurai Takahiro? I thought it was him when Giorno first spoke. Though I'm sure Ono will do a great work.

Also, my fave Jojo is either Joseph or Josuke (depending on my mood), but maybe Gio will take the spot.
Ono Kensho has been doing a lot more diverse roles the last several seasons, which I think is good. Probably because I've seen so much Mistah/Giorno fan art which portrays Giorno as a seriously sexy blond bombshell, my expectations were for a more feminine, elegant voice. (Hanae Natsuki could maybe fit the Giorno in my mind, though I'm almost as tired of his voice as Kaji Yuuki's.) For my personal tastes, I've also heard Sakurai's comedy voice a bit too frequently lately, though I love his deeper drama voice a lot. It would have made Giorno even more masculine, but I could grow to like that too.

Taking the character as a whole, I probably do like Josuke best, or maybe Joseph. Giorno is my favorite character design. I should've specified that.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 7, 2018 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
by far the worst jojo so far. i think this is a good time to call it quits coz i doubt it will get any better.
Oct 7, 2018 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
kyoudai said:
Ono Kensho has been doing a lot more diverse roles the last several seasons, which I think is good. Probably because I've seen so much Mistah/Giorno fan art which portrays Giorno as a seriously sexy blond bombshell, my expectations were for a more feminine, elegant voice. (Hanae Natsuki could maybe fit the Giorno in my mind, though I'm almost as tired of his voice as Kaji Yuuki's.) For my personal tastes, I've also heard Sakurai's comedy voice a bit too frequently lately, though I love his deeper drama voice a lot. It would have made Giorno even more masculine, but I could grow to like that too.
Sakurai is a great voice actor and I love him, but I think Ono reflects Giorno's age better, while still sounding nice and suave. Also, Sakurai wouldn't had been casted anyway since he voiced Rohan in Diamond is Unbreakable.
Oct 7, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
As an anime-only JoJo fan, the gaps between seasons have me forgetting how utterly weird this series is. I have a feeling I'm going to either love or hate Bruno. That line about jealousy had me rolling. Parts 4 and 2 are my favourite so far, wonder if this will score higher with me. Can't wait for the next episode.

Side note: where are these dudes buying their clothes? All this pec cleavage and heart-shaped cutout fashion is a bit risque, which establishment is making this happen? XD
Oct 7, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
Finally JoJo is back in my life weekly again.

I had my expectations in check since the staff who did wonders in the previous parts aren't here but dang was this episode great. I have so much to say but I'll keep it to a minimum. I can't wait for the next episode now.
Oct 7, 2018 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
The man is oozing with talent, he gives irrelevant characters really creative names like Leaky Eye Luca.

One thing though, is that the tension during Bruno questioning leaves a lot to be desired. Rather than just that short defusing music, they could of done something like letting the sound fade into the background, go in slow-motion when the train is stopping, zoom into the wheels screeching to a halt, and then transition back into Bruno starring at Giorno before he then leaves. meh...

I'm really liking it anyway, this is one of those JoJo episodes that really puts the 'bizarre' in Bizarre Adventure.
Oct 7, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
Just want to say that Bruno is probably one of the best characters in the series, super excited to see this dude at work. Also, this part has some of the best and most creative fight scenes in the series so look forward to it people.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 8, 2018 2:16 AM
Sep 2015
Can one start watching JoJo from this Ep or is it necessary that i should get updated with the prequels??
Oct 8, 2018 4:16 AM

May 2009
piyush_poseidon said:
Can one start watching JoJo from this Ep or is it necessary that i should get updated with the prequels??

Watch everything before, why skip out on anything this amazing franchise has to offer? Don't do that, you're also missing on alot of plot and backstory. You're basically jumping right to episode 114
Oct 8, 2018 6:27 AM

May 2016
One word. Incredible

Probably the best episode of the franchise so far. I hope they keep up this quality for the entire run, but I doubt it.

Just glad they got Yuya Sakaki form Arc-V to play Gio and can't believe Ygo shares voices actors just like JoJo
Oct 8, 2018 6:45 AM

Dec 2009
piyush_poseidon said:

You can skip every part of Jojo and just read/watch the one you want, I started Jojo with this part on manga when the first season was released in Japan and it motivated me to continue the anime :p
Oct 8, 2018 7:46 AM
Jul 2014
I think david production just forgot how to do sholders, in fact, i think they just forgot what they learned from part 4 entirely, the astetic was great from there and it should have stayed that way, the animation is great, but the shadows are too thick, this is how part 3 should look like, not part 5
Oct 8, 2018 6:56 PM

Aug 2015
So well adapted geez, i really loved the episode, Koichi badass!

Oct 8, 2018 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
the taste of a lair finally animated!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 8, 2018 8:24 PM

Apr 2015
This was certainly a good surprise to see them going for an artstyle so close to the original source.

Looked weird at first after seeing our favorite midget from Part 4 having a redesign, but it took me a few minutes to adapt.

Oct 8, 2018 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
Golden WInd seems like an interesting stand?

So he is Dio's kid but with Jonathon's sperm?
Oct 8, 2018 10:18 PM

May 2014
I've heard so much bad about part 5 that I went in with low expectations, and honestly am coming out of the other side impressed? Like, to be honest, I'm glad jojo is back around and really up for giving this a chance. Really hyped to see another part come to the animation scene!
Oct 9, 2018 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
HibiChika said:
by far the worst jojo so far. i think this is a good time to call it quits coz i doubt it will get any better.

If you can finish Phantom Blood, you can finish this part.

Oct 9, 2018 4:07 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode so far, but I don't see the praise about how it's the best in the franchise yet like some people said. Now if they anímate some of the later, better fights well...yeah, that could be amazing.

Seems like they're gonna keep up a 4-5 chapters per episode pacing, with maybe some of the juiciest, more dialog heavy ones being 3 chapters. Not bad as long as it flows well. Going from my less favorite Part (Diamond is Unbreakable) to my second favorite (Vento Aureo) means I will probably keep an eye on this series weekly instead of just marathoning it just to get over with for the most part, so that's a plus too.
Oct 9, 2018 11:19 AM

Feb 2018

Literally Unwatchable.
Oct 9, 2018 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
KaiserNazrin said:
HibiChika said:

You misspelled Stardust Crusaders fam
Oct 9, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2011
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
KaiserNazrin said:

This guy favourite the first anime. I considered that the worst in terms of storyline.

Oct 9, 2018 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
KaiserNazrin said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

This guy favourite the first anime. I considered that the worst in terms of storyline.

2/3rds of Stardust are monster of the week shenanigans with little to no plot progression
Oct 9, 2018 9:23 PM

Nov 2011
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
KaiserNazrin said:

2/3rds of Stardust are monster of the week shenanigans with little to no plot progression

Stand fight is still more entertaining than Hamon.

Oct 10, 2018 1:22 AM
Sep 2012
wow. it's pretty good first episode. art and background was amazing.
Oct 10, 2018 2:36 AM

May 2013
I can put whatever I want in your mouth.
Oct 10, 2018 10:47 AM
Feb 2016
There's a saying in Naples: "You will cry twice in Naples, the first time is when you arrive, the 2nd time is when you leave."
Oct 10, 2018 3:05 PM
Dec 2016
Varete7 said:
KalfKaneda said:

What was meh about it, it was good with interesting characters like Rohan, Kira, Yukako .

I love the part 4 manga.
But the anime looks awful and it was a bit boring.They did not adapt it well

Were you watching the tv version?
Oct 11, 2018 1:43 AM

Feb 2010
Man, I've missed this show.
Oct 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Oct 2014
TaluYeYe said:
Varete7 said:

I love the part 4 manga.
But the anime looks awful and it was a bit boring.They did not adapt it well

Were you watching the tv version?

Yeah I watched the TV version and i thinked that the BD was the same but no

The TV version was worse that expected. I should rewatch DiU Anime

All the comparison here:
https://jojocomparisons.github.io/
Oct 12, 2018 2:32 AM

Feb 2012
Finally my JoJo fix has return and with a strong start, can't wait for the next one!
Oct 12, 2018 11:59 AM

May 2016
Episode 2 coming out tommorow
Oct 13, 2018 10:07 PM

Jul 2009
Great adaptation. Even though I finished the manga this summer and already know what's going to happen, still amazing way to introduce both Giorno and Bruno(which is my favorite in this series).

Not sure about Giorno's voice though. I still prefer his ASB/EOH voice. Same with Bruno as Shirou from Fate Series, but I'll get used to it.

Can't wait for 2nd one!
Oct 14, 2018 3:03 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 16, 2018 12:59 PM
Oct 2007
Great to see the Jojo series back! Right into action! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2018 11:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The surprise was the DIO´s son, amazing, because this mean that Dio could have a son/daughter in every city of the world!!!! kekekeke

Oct 26, 2018 12:00 AM

Dec 2012
The fuck! It was me DIO!
Amazing episode.

Oct 29, 2018 3:44 AM

Jul 2016
well I never watched any of JoJo but surely it has great production value and looks great overall. Its just not my type of anime. But everyone should at least watch the first EP.
Nov 7, 2018 3:45 PM

Apr 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Varete7 said:

An image that can resume my opinion:

But I dont now if in Blu Ray they fix this.
Overall I put a solid 7 to JoJo Part 4 anime.
I meant that I hope that David Production put the same love to this adaptation of part 5 than they put on part 3.
Still frames are most likely going to look better in manga compared to anime for most of the time, so I don't think this comparison is fair, and yes they changed it a bit in the blu rays, but not a huge difference, but for the Blu RAY They fixed other parts, and added more animation to make it looks more visually appealing, and uncenors

bruh they fucked up Killer Queen's design. Don't give me this "well it's animated" shit.
Dec 1, 2018 6:02 PM
Nov 2018
I love this art style and animation.
Giorno is such a good guy, now let's see the battle between giorno and bucciarti.
Dec 4, 2018 4:25 AM

Jan 2015
OMGGGGGG Hype! I started it now as I'm leaving for Italy on Friday! :D
Dec 20, 2018 5:07 AM

Dec 2014
well that was another tale...not getting any vibes linking it to the previous jojo franchise...but for now let's see how it all goes
Jan 5, 2019 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
I've been waiting for it for a lifetime ... first beautiful episode! Maniacal care in details, bright colors and already a lot of epic scenes. What do you want more from life if not a bizarre adventure?
May 11, 2019 4:23 AM

Oct 2013
Okay, time for Part 5!

Wow, the animation and artstyle got even better than they were (and they have ready been very high quality ones). :o

Giorno seems to be a cool guy. I wonder if he is gonna be as cool as Josuke from the previous Part.

Koichi meeting Giorno was hilarious, especially when Reverb Act 3 appeared. xD

New Stands look great, and we were able to see only a glimpse of two of them. I'm looking forward to seeing next episodes, hehe.
May 13, 2019 8:58 AM
Apr 2016
Good lord Dio had a son?! Well, they are similar, Dio hated repeating lines, he also hated people that did useless things... Yup, these are quite alike. I hope Dio's son is not the epitome of evil like Dio. The guy at the end had a really creepy ability, true, but I like it. Good episode.
Aug 4, 2019 9:05 AM

Mar 2012
I can't believe Dio knocked up some chick, with Jonathan's body as if that wasn't bizarre enough lol.
Aug 5, 2019 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
Aw yeah back for more crazy JoJo action!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2019 1:09 AM

Jul 2013
Giorno Giovanna, giogio lol. He's not off a good start, might take a while before he grows on me, though to be honest I didn't like Jotaro and Josuke at first too.
Aug 31, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
Part 5 here we go!!

Looks like we have Dio's son as the main character, cross between the joestar blood and Dio

Bruno got some creepy ability, I wonder who the enemy is if Dio's son our good guy is

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you feel like Jojo became boring after the first 3 parts?

removed-user - Dec 5, 2019

48 by antblobber »»
May 30, 12:09 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.