Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 15, 2018 5:15 PM
Apr 2018
Jokuc said:
There's something I want to add which I just realized. The little kid in this episode is pretty much a copy paste of the kid in episode 10 of Naruto. I knew I recognized that behavior. Anyway, I doubt it's intentional though, having a kid hating on heroes because their parents were killed by villains isn't really something uncommon to see in anime.
But,the thing is how you develop the character after that. The concept of heroes is common and cliche too ,but the way the characters develop and how the plot keeps evolving,is what keeps you interested into looking forward to the next episodes
Apr 15, 2018 6:51 PM
Jul 2017
tambi33 said:
This episode was great, as usual.
But one thing that's eating away at me is that in a world where superpowers (or quirks) are the norm it's only natural for there to be good guys and bad guys utilising said superpowers; this got me thinking, "what is the purpose of the league of villains for this world to make them impactful for the anime?"
'Cause right now it just seems like bad guys being bad, and the only thing I've heard otherwise is that villain, "Dabi," saying something along the lines of cleaning the world of fakes [superheroes]; of which -in general circumstances- would be a great theme, but when it's the norm for people to have these "quirks," how can you judge who is fake or not. Because, if anything, Midoriya could just be really passionate.

Well, other than that I didn't like the fact that not everyone was tested in the same way -a shame, really!
I'd have liked to see their improvements, however minuscule it was

I initially thought Kota was related to Stain; I don't know why, it was something to do with the hat and eyes, I think?!

Lol😂😂😭, Mineta though; so close, yet so far - to be fair, even Kota was getting a bit hormonal. Just don't pee your self next time.

The one thing that stood out for me though, is that the distribution of each characters part was quite fair and the m-mc didn't hog the show time like what would usually happen
Well, I mean, only a small portion of people actually become Heroes. UA only has 40 students a year and they are the best of the best
Apr 15, 2018 6:52 PM
Jul 2017
TsundeReaper said:
The moment they got on that forest I'm like, ahh chunin exam ripoff lol

The creator of Naruto spoke quite highly of MHA so maybe he wrote this chapter as an homage?
Apr 15, 2018 7:08 PM
Jul 2017
keragamming said:
Mineta is forced comic relief character, and its so lame. This series has some good fights but really, I just can't get into this kiddy shit anymore, and the black and white good vs bad doesn't help, this is also why I don't like those super hero series like flash, super girl etc.

3/5 wasn't a bad episode tho, just bang average.

Uhh, what? Black and White? Good vs Evil?

Stain should have disabused you of that.
Apr 15, 2018 7:15 PM
Jul 2017
jooleyhooley said:
Corvus8 said:

The extra content sucks donkey balls. Episode 19 of Season 2 and OVA2 are the same. Fanservice and fillers are cancer of the anime industry. But apparently you don't mind and are entertained by that shit.

It's not my favourite, but I like the show. It's a slight buzzkill when you're expectant of the story if you've read the manga, but it's still enjoyable content. When I rewatch/binge the seasons in the future, I'll enjoy re-seeing the pool stuff. I'm not going to dramatically complain about extra content, especially since we got original scenes out of it. With that said, it was nice to finally get into the main story too. I just don't see why people treat the first episode like it's a federal crime, just don't watch it if you see it's a recap and not to your liking. It's not that much of a big deal.

I'd been anticipating the show being back for 6 months and set up a marathon to lead me into season 3. I was really really excited, my hype was PLUS ULTRA and then we got something that, while probably the best recap episode I can imagine, still belongs on an OVA.

I was personally disappointed, though I'm not going to rant about it, but I was there on Crunchyroll and as I'd heard there would be anime original content I kept waiting to see the "Good stuff" but other than the (fucking hilarious) scene where Todoroki, Deku and Bakugo get shut down by Aizawa and the stinger it felt like a waste and I was personally kind of sad.

This episode was great though :)
Apr 15, 2018 7:51 PM

Aug 2015
Sogeking00 said:
Jokuc said:
The little kid in this episode is pretty much a copy paste of the kid in episode 10 of Naruto. I doubt it's intentional though, having a kid hating on heroes because their parents were killed by villains isn't really something uncommon to see in anime.
But,the thing is how you develop the character after that. The concept of heroes is common and cliche too ,but the way the characters develop and how the plot keeps evolving,is what keeps you interested into looking forward to the next episodes

Eh.. what are you talking about? You can't compare the general concept of heroes with a character's cliché behavior and backstory. I was just pointing out that this kid is the same as other anime kids we've seen before, whether he develops further than that isn't relevant as his backstory is the entire point of his existence as a character. He's just there so Deku can motivate him and show that a hero can succeed. Just like in Naruto. Once he does, I bet we'll never see the kid again.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 15, 2018 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was soo much better than the first one!!! It's not like the first one wasn't good but this one was incomparable to the 1st one xD

I think that maybe there is a traitor in UA high ranks, or the villains have some with an ability that can tell them the info they want.

Can't believe i forgot about that moment where that guy asked Uraraka if she liked Midoriya xD And it seems that she also forgot about that moment hahaha
Really great episode, it had a little of everything. I'm actually surprised that they acted like a team and fought together against those monsters, good job guys.

Poor Midoriya :(
Oh and that Mineta's part was hilarious hahaha

That ending! wow! In moments like these, you can see how more advanced the teachers are, compared to the students. He knew that their quirks haven't evolved that much. So, i can't wait to see their training, and also what the villains have prepared.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 15, 2018 10:06 PM
Jun 2017
Let the training of pain begin
Fire Emblem anime when
Apr 15, 2018 10:34 PM

May 2015
Damn, he lost his parent at such a young age... poor kid!
Apr 16, 2018 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
I love how the first thing we hear out of Bakugou in this episode is him screaming, "Die!" 😂

Uraraka is too precious. I would love some more romance development, but I also know that this is an action-battle shounen :P Well at least it seems like it'll happen before it's all over :)

I'm interested to see how Kota ends up appreciating heroes, and hopefully wanting to become a hero himself. Maybe he'll even manifest his own quirk? Or maybe he already has one, but refuses to use it haha. We'll see!
Apr 16, 2018 1:46 AM

Oct 2015
dunkan85 said:
Oh, another training arc? Gee, the amount of ideas on display here is truly stunning >.>. I thought Season 2 was already boring, stale and generic, but it seems that they're trying to beat their previous speed-record this time around >.>.

I know right. Imagine watching an anime called My Hero ACADEMIA, centered on the tutelage of young Superhereos, and expecting these Superheroes-In-Training to actually TRAIN. Truly stunning.

Sogeking00 said:
Who else loved the combo attack of Todo-Bakugo-Deku?That was some real shit !

Would have been cooler if portrayed as all attacking simultaneously as in the manga

MoonStar9Apr 16, 2018 1:54 AM
Apr 16, 2018 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode!
only few things I gotta say: Bakugo approves the kid who hates heroes (Kota) and bakugo also said Precocious brat!
woah! Toga appeared, I wanna know why so many manga readers liked her?
4/5.

Apr 16, 2018 6:12 AM

Apr 2018
Bones is making Dabi look extra slutty and I'm not sure how I feel about that...gotta get that burnt boi cleavage I suppose.

Apr 16, 2018 7:26 AM
Jun 2017
Nice episode ans this time they are starting their training camp. Its nice that they have started it as a class reaching their destination via fighting some monsters in the forest. Hahaha...

Bakugo x todoroki sure will not match at each other as seen in the episode. Hahaha...
Apr 16, 2018 9:12 AM
Apr 2018
MoonStar9 said:
dunkan85 said:
Oh, another training arc? Gee, the amount of ideas on display here is truly stunning >.>. I thought Season 2 was already boring, stale and generic, but it seems that they're trying to beat their previous speed-record this time around >.>.

I know right. Imagine watching an anime called My Hero ACADEMIA, centered on the tutelage of young Superhereos, and expecting these Superheroes-In-Training to actually TRAIN. Truly stunning.

Sogeking00 said:
Who else loved the combo attack of Todo-Bakugo-Deku?That was some real shit !

Would have been cooler if portrayed as all attacking simultaneously as in the manga

True,but it was another dope point of view
Apr 16, 2018 11:52 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Mineta is a man of the people. We perverts believe in you Mineta!

The Wild Wild Pussycats sure are cute. It's so awesome to hear Cherami Leigh as one of the Pussycats.

The battles to come are going to be so intense, can't wait to see them animated.
Apr 16, 2018 2:53 PM

May 2012
Fuck you Mineta, you can just go away and die for all I care. Honestly, his antics are not even funny, they never were.

Otherwise, great episode, glad to see the show back in proper! I've managed to hold off from reading the manga so I can see this in all its animated glory!
Apr 16, 2018 3:38 PM

May 2015
I always wonder why thunder-guy (zapping one) doesn't have some magneto helmet to stop shocking himself. Yes I know that in the forest he was in his casual clothes, but earlier he had his hero suit (more like protohero suit) and it still occured.

Kota was in heaven for seconds. :D Lucky guy.

RIP Deku ballz.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
sooo tired of Mineta and his annoying "pervert" trope, absolutely trash character. he has no purpose aside from "humor" aspect, which i don't even find that funny since that trope has been overused 1000 times in shounen

i do love training episodes of shounen anime though, so this is exciting for me. but honestly nothing really interesting happened yet, i hope this doesn't turn into a typical boring shounen that continues forever with no consequences or anything meaningful
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 7:16 PM

Apr 2017
The earth beasts look so dope!
Apr 17, 2018 2:16 AM
Apr 2017
And training begins! Excited for next week!
Apr 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
So their training camp begins now!
Looking forward to what the League of Villains does to intercept them,Also the look on Eraser head's face was priceless.
Apr 17, 2018 10:46 AM
Feb 2017
I loved this episode, with BNH canon episodes it's always everything good :D
one thing that bothers me is Kota....this character is too similar to Inari from Naruto
Apr 17, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
My boy Dabi looking fresh as fuckk
Apr 17, 2018 8:10 PM
May 2017
I'm a bit disappointed in the OP, but at least this season has a decent ED.
Apr 17, 2018 10:20 PM

May 2017
Kota being similar to Bakugo as a meme
Apr 18, 2018 2:51 PM

Jun 2017
I really can't wait for this training camp! I'm really excited to see what they'll do next! I'm also really excited to see how Uraraka and Deku will develop as this season goes on, I ship them lmao.

One thing that really annoyed me this episode was how much of an idiot Mineta is. I liked the part where the little kid (I already forgot his name, damn) shows him his place. I liked it a lot. (It was also really funny to see him fall down as well and faint, poor thing)

Speaking of the little kid, his introduction with the whole punching Deku in the balls thingy made me feel really bad for Deku lmao, poor dude. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the kid!
Apr 18, 2018 9:53 PM
Jul 2017
AivanK said:
This episode was soo much better than the first one!!! It's not like the first one wasn't good but this one was incomparable to the 1st one xD

I think that maybe there is a traitor in UA high ranks, or the villains have some with an ability that can tell them the info they want.

Can't believe i forgot about that moment where that guy asked Uraraka if she liked Midoriya xD And it seems that she also forgot about that moment hahaha
Really great episode, it had a little of everything. I'm actually surprised that they acted like a team and fought together against those monsters, good job guys.

Poor Midoriya :(
Oh and that Mineta's part was hilarious hahaha

That ending! wow! In moments like these, you can see how more advanced the teachers are, compared to the students. He knew that their quirks haven't evolved that much. So, i can't wait to see their training, and also what the villains have prepared.

Did you not watch after the Credits in Ep1? Aizawa is like "i think we have a traitor"
Apr 19, 2018 12:31 AM

Apr 2018
I never expected boku no hero to be where it is todayXD
I'm not saying it's bad I just felt like they wouldn't release a new season so fast
Apr 19, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2017
Bakugo is still the same ball of fire.
Good episode. I think the next one will be better than the first two.

The only character I don't like is Mineta for obvious reasons.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Apr 19, 2018 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
Jaecp said:

Did you not watch after the Credits in Ep1? Aizawa is like "i think we have a traitor"

Oh yeah, you are right xD
Wonder who is he/she.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 20, 2018 7:20 AM

Aug 2017
Finally getting into the action! Great episode liked the introduction to the wild, wild pussycats lol
Loved how Deku and Uraraka reacted to being so close XD
RIP scrotum of Deku...
It was cool seeing the class work together at beating those monsters. Class 1A is awesome (I wanna see class 2A tho...)
Poor spiky hat kid. Let's see if Deku can get thru to him in the next episode
Apr 21, 2018 5:25 PM

May 2010
Ugh, this thing with kid hating X, because he lost his parents because of that is one of the most overused shounen cliches ever >_< I hope it won't take too much of the screentime, to convince him that heroes are cool and they do the right thing.

Other than that it was really fun, felt like the real first episode :3 Girls in onsen were soooo adorable!
Apr 24, 2018 6:02 AM
Mar 2018
there is a lot of bad clips and I hate minitia kun and there unwearing clothes girls so I hate it but It still the best anime
Apr 29, 2018 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode, the forest survive part wasn't dragged out much.
Excited about the focus on improving their quirks.
May 2, 2018 12:28 PM
Dec 2016
vasszero said:
I never expected boku no hero to be where it is todayXD
I'm not saying it's bad I just felt like they wouldn't release a new season so fast

Same. I really love this she's release schedule. Let's hope they continue the 6 month on 6 month off strategy.
May 5, 2018 2:27 AM

Mar 2016
The training camp has begun, It's nice to see some classic scenes like when class A students fought together as a team or when Mineta was trying to peek at the girls.

Kota's attitude is annoying but the reason for that makes it acceptable. Quite an interesting character I must say...
May 6, 2018 9:56 PM

Feb 2017
YESSS! I already a fan of this nigga Kota. Fuck Deku and his smoll balls
May 16, 2018 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
This was a fine episode. Getting Naruto exam vibes, albeit in a bit of a lighter tone... I wonder what's next for them to come as part of their training.
May 17, 2018 8:03 PM
Aug 2016
Well for fuck's sake, they should've just made this Episode 1. The episode before this was completely unnecessary and did NOTHING to sate my appetite for the new season. By episode 2 I think we're back on the right track. Quirk training means we'll see more development from many of the characters. Koda is really mysterious and I'm sure that he's going to reveal himself as some sort of secret prodigy in the near future.

Also I really like the Wild Wild Pussycats but I'm sure I speak for most of us on that.

Aug 12, 2018 2:32 AM

Jun 2013

What I liked about the 2nd season was that we got to see more of Shigaraki and we're seeing more of him again.

The girls class B are pretty cute too and Mineta definitely agrees. LOL at Monoma being salty as fuck, his quirk is so awesome but he's such a bottom.

Pixie Bob is sensitive about her age but she has an awesome quirk. That little kid with them, Kota, looks adorable even though he's all pouty and frowning all the time especially with his cute hat. Yes, even after punching Deku's dicku otherwise we wouldn't have gotten that awesome reaction from Iida-kun afterwards.

Kota-kun did a good job smacking down Mineta but got all flustered after seeing the girls and their thicc bodies.

Poor Kota. :( No wonder he doesn't like heroes.

Finally, it's time to improve their quirks. I'm excited to see what happens.

臭い-
Sep 2, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
If Deku did that baseball throwing test they would have seen how much he's improved. He has better control of his powers now and can use it without damaging his body. Anyway, this one is mostly on the funny side looks like the next one's gonna be more serious.
Sep 25, 2018 8:16 PM

Aug 2007
I love the Pussycats! They are absolutely adorable Pro Heros. I'm excited to see more of them <3
LycanSep 25, 2018 11:32 PM

Sep 30, 2018 1:06 PM

Jun 2011
I lol'd at how pooped everyone was after the Beasts fight.

I'm not a big fan of the new characters, Kota is just a brat but I feel sorry for him and Pixie bob van be creepy freaky.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Oct 3, 2018 9:10 AM

May 2012
This is more of the start I was expecting from this season. Looks like this will be mostly training and character development or at least for this arc! Let's see how it will go next.
Oct 14, 2018 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
That was way more action as in the first episode. There hasn't anything changed at all, that guy from class b is absolute same as in season 2 :D

So we saw new characters with the Pussycats and that kid Kota. When they showed up I had a feeling the training camp already begun. It's crazy that all of those magical beasts came just from Pixie bobs ability.

Fucking Mineta again wanted to see the girls. Good thing Kota stopped him even if he was totally overwhelmed by himself when he saw the girls naked :D

Must be hard for Kota to lose his parents that early. It's reasonable that he doesn't like heros.

I was a little bit shocked that Bakugo toss was this short. I wonder what Aizawa is up to. This will be a hella training.

Seems like the villains are also ready to make their move.

Nov 2, 2018 7:30 PM

Apr 2010
Non Shonen would be complete without the cliche little mopey kid who hates Ninjas/Pirates/Heroes.
Nov 5, 2018 8:26 AM

May 2013
Ew. Mineta disgusts me, lol. *shivers*

We love a mischievous Eraser *O*
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 5, 2018 8:43 AM
Jan 20, 2019 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
Ahhh so many great moments, I don't know where to start!!

Bakugo's "bonding" moment with Kota, Mineta getting his comeuppance (twice), the introduction of the Pussycats!

Quite the troll move of Aizawa to single out Bakugo at the end there. He probably wanted to pick the guy people would expect to improve the most.

I loooove the new ending. It's got a cute slice-of-life vibe to it :) <3

Mar 14, 2019 6:44 PM

Nov 2017
Not feeling the hype in this season yet. I hope it gets at least decent. The cat girl characters don't work, the sand monsters aren't hype, usual horny shenanigans, Deku cares, boring.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Song name?

infinite_Shadows - May 27

8 by matthewy2006 »»
May 28, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

124 by Darzaka »»
May 26, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

468 by AndoRando »»
May 16, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

188 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

161 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.