Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2017 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
Perfect anime to watch after playing some BF1.
Jan 14, 2017 5:57 PM

Feb 2011
Djidji said:
Atavistic said:
Why wasn't this the first episode? It would have worked much better, in terms of both setting up the story and being interesting, than last week's episode did. In any case, this does seem slightly more promising than I first thought...

Because the first episode is more eye-catchy and the military setting is way more present being into the battlefield already. Also, you won't have ppl complaining right at the beginning with a "beeh again an isekai story blablabla" if they didn't read any synopsis. Plus, the first episode serves to introduce elements you will link with the second one. (Like how she has a big and round jewel, the encounter with her future [corporal] and so on)...

I'll add that PVs take most of their material from the 1st EP, so it was a wise choice if you consider how much content could be pulled between the prologue and what they chose. The prologue didn't say much about what's to come, which would be the eye-catcher for any story. It only showed how the MC got into his predicament. If you compared it to mainstream anime, you'd notice the origin of the MC is normally revealed later in the story. On the other hand, nothing here is misleading besides the 2nd EP not delivering the OP to the viewer to indicated you were still watching the same series. Well, I hear they were trying to squeezed in a lot, so it couldn't be helped. But now I expect this to be an anime without an OP.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 14, 2017 6:12 PM

Feb 2011
Drucherea said:
...the fuck were those first 5 or so minutes?

I mean I get how it related to this anime, and it was interesting if bizarre, but it felt so out-of place. It would've been less jarring if it were in the first episode, but not the very first scene, idk...

Kinda like Kotoura-san but as EP2 instead of EP1. So, which was more misleading?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 14, 2017 6:55 PM

Aug 2015
The scene when they make her dress was funny, her smile to be more exact. So she was previously a dude who got a chance at another life.
Jan 14, 2017 8:03 PM

Nov 2015
OMG I've finished reading the first volume of the LN a week ago, and I expected that the battle of the Norden would hold at least 2 episodes, but the studio cramped it in just an episode. The pacing is fast, IMO. That's why I'm worried that we might get to watch an anime original in the latter episodes. :(
Jan 14, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2016
YamigaHyoushi said:
OMG I've finished reading the first volume of the LN a week ago, and I expected that the battle of the Norden would hold at least 2 episodes, but the studio cramped it in just an episode. The pacing is fast, IMO. That's why I'm worried that we might get to watch an anime original in the latter episodes. :(

I think you're probably unaware that there's around 5 volumes curently published. They won't run out of materials to adapt.
Jan 14, 2017 8:13 PM

Nov 2015
Cryarc said:
YamigaHyoushi said:

I think you're probably unaware that there's around 5 volumes curently published. They won't run out of materials to adapt.
Thanks, man! I guess the english translation is fairly slow.
Jan 14, 2017 8:18 PM
Jul 2016
YamigaHyoushi said:
Cryarc said:

Youjo Senki is hard to translate with all of it's complex terminologies and all, it's like translating college level thesis. Similar with Bakemonogatari, it's not a series that's easy to translate.
Jan 14, 2017 8:23 PM

Nov 2015
Cryarc said:
YamigaHyoushi said:

Youjo Senki is hard to translate with all of it's complex terminologies and all, it's like translating college level thesis. Similar with Bakemonogatari, it's not a series that's easy to translate.
Hahahaha you're right. When I first read it, it was as complex as everybody said but the story is satisfying and enjoyable.
Jan 14, 2017 8:36 PM
Jul 2012
Farabeuf said:
For years I've despaired when anime shows have some child behaving like an adult and with talents that exceed those of one.

This story managed to give a me a compelling reason why the loli is and behaves the way she does. Well done. Much more interesting than I expected.

I could not agree more! That has been my problem with so many shows released in the past 10-15 years. Making little girls seem so mature, or older women in little girl bodies, seemed no more than a cop-out to pander to fetishists... I gave this show a chance because of the synopsis. So long as it does not try to sexualize Tanya, this show will be one of the few worthwhile new releases this winter. Given the post credit scene, I think it will deliver...
Jan 14, 2017 9:19 PM

Oct 2016
Wow.. Just wow.

So from an old salaryman, he got murdered and reincarnated to a badass loli mage. Talk about an extremely odd and interesting backstory lol.

Looks like this will be the AOTY for me.. I love how the MC is not your average 'save-the-empire' character. I just hope the story wont end up like Izetta.

10/10 for the 2nd episode.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jan 15, 2017 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
Well this has to be one of the worst episode intros to an anime I ever seen.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 15, 2017 2:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm interesting
it went from a ww1 fantasy setting to a modern setting set in modern Japan

Hmm so this guy is all about business and efficiency eh
While not caring about the human element

Though not having that element can cause trouble like in this case lol
Being ambushed by the person that you just fired lol
Kinda reminds me of that scene in Up in the air though

And at that moment time decided to freeze eh
God sure is interesting that way eh
In that in he can just bend time easily to his will

The discussion between God and the salary man though was interesting
lol managing 7 billion people can indeed be challenging
Especially as he has to deal with me like this guy as well

Lol so the guy has no faith because of his belief that he's in a strong position
eh. Well then lets see what happens if we put him in dire straits instead

Hmm so he was reincarnated as Tanya then eh lol
Its nice that we get to see Tanya's origins though

Hmm the times thats he's reincarnated in sure is grim
Lack of food, money and also the start of a war as well
Dire straits indeed

Hmm i guess having magic actually saved Tanya there though
So Tanya's path to the military started now eh
She joined the army because she wanted to survive then eh
But lol volunteering at that young age though

But its nice to see that Tanya is able to adapt quickly to this world
using what he had learned in the previous life

Unsurprisingly Tanya did rise through the ranks due to her hard work and abilities
Though she sure hasn't grown much though lol
lol well Tanya was always going to be a harsh task master but i guess that this was
a good start to show how it started

But man Tanya really is cruel and overly so
lol just some minor troubles
You almost killed one of your trainees there

Lol for her to see live combat during her training and at the same time
see a promotion as well. Not sure whether its lucky or not

Hmm the entente alliance are pretty bold in just marching across the border just
like that. One would think that they will be more cautious.

Hmm facing enemy mages in live combat for the first time eh
Wow so Tanya has to hold out against an entire company of mages eh

Still not believing in God then eh Tanya
The enemy commander must be surprised and shocked to see that
she's not retreating after that show of force

Wow that expression that Tanya made as she charged that company
Not to mention her words there
She really does look insane when she's in this kind of situation

But man that combat scene near the end was brilliant as was the music
for it as well.
Tanya despite being a recruit really has some impressive skill there

Wow never thought that the battle would end that way
self destruct eh
Using that and a shield to not only defeat the enemy but also
give the impression that you fought the enemy to the last and using that
to leave the field eh. Man thats a pretty high and well thought out move.

Pretty dangerous one though
But it looks like her wish of serving in the rear was derailed by her actions
though lol.
Meanwhile the entente alliance prepares their moves.

An interesting episode that showed Tanya's backstory
And it was certainly unexpected.
But at the same time the episode also did a great job of showing
how Tanya's cruel personality started and developed her into her current self.

Combat scenes in this episode was also pretty well done especially
the pacing of it as well as the music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2017 4:04 AM

Jan 2011
It's incredibly dumb, but the sheer edge is actually pretty fun. Now if only we kill of that monkey faced girl we'll be all set.
Jan 15, 2017 4:30 AM
Sep 2014
FrozenRaider said:
MAn, last scene. I want to protect that smile. xD

If you pause exactly when she smiles, you can tell that it's extremely forced.

Sure you wanna protect it? :3
Jan 15, 2017 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
That was awesome! The whole old man/NEET/loser dies and gets reincarnated in some fantasy setting plot has been done plenty of times, but this one really takes the cake. A 9 year old loli who is crazy, smart and murderous? I love it! Having lived through half a life in an entirely different era, she definitely knows whats up.

Looking forward to learning more about her new setting and what her purpose in this world will be. The Overlord shout out was good, but my god Myth and Roid topped this up perfectly!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 15, 2017 5:33 AM

Aug 2015
This episode completely changed my view of the series.
It was a great idea to insert Tanya's past. We have lots of information about his past life and we better understand his attitude a bit ... evil and "sadistic". Besides discovering Tanya's past from her own point of view was what needed to be done.

For the animation, the studio seems to put everything into it.

And then finish with the song of MythRoid: perfect.

5/5
Jan 15, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't expect that I would like this as much as I did. I love this now as much as KonoSuba S2, Fuuka, Masamune-kun no Revenge!
Jan 15, 2017 11:00 AM
Feb 2009
AnimeMangaGamer- said:
I didn't expect that I would like this as much as I did. I love this now as much as KonoSuba S2, Fuuka, Masamune-kun no Revenge!

Don't get ahead of yourself there, Konosuba is best :)
Jan 15, 2017 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
This episode got me a lot more interested in show.
Jan 15, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2009

Haven't laughed so hard in a long time
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 15, 2017 12:15 PM

May 2016
This episode was great! I personally think this one was better than the first. Plus that ending though, PURE GOLD!

Jan 15, 2017 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
Her faces are always amazing. The first part was really interesting, but at first, I wondered what I watched ^^
Jan 15, 2017 4:18 PM

Jun 2012
People who watched this without reading the synopsis of the show must have had a blast xD, pretty unusual, a first episode about frontline war and a second about "reincarnated in a different world" prologue.
Jan 15, 2017 4:40 PM
Sep 2014
By the way, the Overlord poster was advertising the two upcoming compilation films. Doesn't make sense timeline-wise in-universe, but...
Jan 15, 2017 5:49 PM

Aug 2016
That was so much fun.
Jan 15, 2017 5:55 PM
Feb 2014
SO GOOD.

BEST ACTION SCENES I'VE SEEN IN RECENT MEMORY!

Loving the concept of aerial battles using guns and the different ways the Magicians fly (so we've seen horse-riders to skiers to Imperial right-footers(???)). They've choreographed the fights beautifully. I'm definitely looking forward to future projects by this studio.

I can't say I understand why people are annoyed that this episode was put after the first. Maybe because I read the synopsis first, but I felt I looked forward to learning Tanya's past life waaaay more because I knew the kind of person she was from the first.

The only thing is... that God's pretty random eh? Putting Tanya in some dire straits because she/he didn't believe in God... sounds a bit petty. And no you can't have another reincarnation. And why stop time just for this person??? But whatever, it's not too important to me. I love the character and world and this studio and the staff are doing a fucking amazing job with the story so I love it all and will be waiting for Friday very very eagerly.

In the mean time, I need to rewatch that aerial fight
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 15, 2017 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
If you like it, read the Light Novel. I'm being serious here, as the anime is currently butchering a big chunk of the characterization and plot. The anime is trying to make everything edgier, by the way.
Jan 15, 2017 9:50 PM

Mar 2009
cav said:
So its a dude in a loli body....

....is it considered a trap now? or...

FrozenSheep said:
So... here's a huge question!

Is that loli an actual trap?

A grown man's "mind" inside a loli body.

You two stole my post. :(

So, wait, let me get this straight here:

-Weird salary man fires a worker.
-Said disgruntled worker pushes him onto train tracks.
-For some reason or another, salary man guy is given another chance at life(by a supernatural lifeform, God, or whatever).
-He is then reincarnated and transported back to fight in WW1 as an angry loli voiced by Aoi Yuuki.

...you know, I shouldn't be surprised by now, but every single season anime has a way of surprising me by coming up with some of the most inane and bizarre shit.
Jan 15, 2017 10:12 PM

May 2015
Well, as a lot of people expected, Tanya's backstory was explained this episode. It definitely added to her character and made her more interesting. Though, I kind of wish her monologues were in her adult voice or at least spoken in a deeper tone like the seiyuu for Conan does, as that would reinforce the fact that she's actually a super smart salaryman and not just a little girl. But this'll work just fine if her dialogue is good throughout the series.

As for my stance on this being episode 2 despite how fitting it may seem to be as a pilot episode, I think it makes perfect sense for the episodes to be in this order. The rest of the series is likely going to be action-oriented, so it's logical to show the action focused episode 1 first in order to let the viewers know what they're in for. Though, personally, I found this episode much more interesting than the first but that doesn't change the fact that the first episode worked well as a hook.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 16, 2017 1:31 AM

Jan 2011
While this was a better episode. I think Tanya is a borderline Mary Sue. I'm sorry what child at her age knows about child protection service?

And while this is a fantasy, yes, you can't sit up and deny children actually did fight in wars and still do in some countries. So this is kind of a tough sell for me. They're not doing enough to show Tanya is a kid like say a Steven Universe. Tanya comes off as very unrealistic if you ask me.

With that said, I do like her backstory...though first 5 minutes made no sense at all though.
Jan 16, 2017 1:41 AM

Apr 2013
MasterHavik said:
While this was a better episode. I think Tanya is a borderline Mary Sue. I'm sorry what child at her age knows about child protection service?

And while this is a fantasy, yes, you can't sit up and deny children actually did fight in wars and still do in some countries. So this is kind of a tough sell for me. They're not doing enough to show Tanya is a kid like say a Steven Universe. Tanya comes off as very unrealistic if you ask me.

With that said, I do like her backstory...though first 5 minutes made no sense at all though.

Wait, what? you don't make any sense, Tanya has lived more than 40 years in total, why shouldn't she know about child protection? why should she think like a child?
Could it be, you didn't understand the first 5 minutes of this episode at all?
Jan 16, 2017 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
Zefyris said:
MasterHavik said:

Wait, what? you don't make any sense, Tanya has lived more than 40 years in total, why shouldn't she know about child protection? why should she think like a child?
The first five minutes was just a long winded humans suck and you're going to be reborn. It got so fucking boring I nearly tune out of it.

40 years? Where was that stated? I mean after finishing episode 2. I think the five 5 minutes were showing her past life before dying and be reborn as Tanya. Am I reading this right? But with that sad the episode 1 frame her as this loli badass that didn't take no shit. Now, I felt she should think a like child because in this timeline she is 11. So her knowing that is kind of confusing. I'm just lost with this show. I think I get it but then think I don't get it.

I still feel this new studio was better off making an original series than adapting something that as convoluted as Silent Hill 4's story.

I do know Digibro is going to hate this show or just be confuse as fuck.
Jan 16, 2017 1:53 AM

Sep 2011
MasterHavik said:
Zefyris said:

The first five minutes was just a long winded humans suck and you're going to be reborn. It got so fucking boring I nearly tune out of it.

40 years? Where was that stated? I mean after finishing episode 2. I think the five 5 minutes were showing her past life before dying and be reborn as Tanya. Am I reading this right? But with that sad the episode 1 frame her as this loli badass that didn't take no shit. Now, I felt she should think a like child because in this timeline she is 11. So her knowing that is kind of confusing. I'm just lost with this show. I think I get it but then think I don't get it.

I still feel this new studio was better off making an original series than adapting something that as convoluted as Silent Hill 4's story.

Try paying attention next time. Salaryman kept his memory when he was reborn as Tanya.
Jan 16, 2017 1:56 AM

Apr 2013
MasterHavik said:
Zefyris said:

More than 30 years in japan and 9 years in tanya's form makes more than 40 years . Isn't that obvious?
Also sorry but I've watched quite a few videos of Digibro and his opinion has no value. His ego is far too inflated to stil lbe able give proper advice anymore. Like when he started to believe that he could teach other how to know in one episode if a show was good or not, for example. It's too bad because he would have probably be a good youtuber if he didn't have that problem.
ZefyrisJan 16, 2017 2:00 AM
Jan 16, 2017 2:31 AM

Jan 2011
Zefyris said:
MasterHavik said:

More than 30 years in japan and 9 years in tanya's form makes more than 40 years . Isn't that obvious?
Also sorry but I've watched quite a few videos of Digibro and his opinion has no value. His ego is far too inflated to stil lbe able give proper advice anymore. Like when he started to believe that he could teach other how to know in one episode if a show was good or not, for example. It's too bad because he would have probably be a good youtuber if he didn't have that problem.
I'm a Digibro fan, but that doesn't stop me from being critical of him. Those videos....how do I feel about them? I think at the end of the day you won't know something unless you finish it. And I feel he took on the task of something you can't really have a define answer. He is a good youtuber still, but he has those videos where he can biased, an asshole, or just flat out whiny. I'll take him over most of the anime youtubers, but when compared to guys like Rebel Taxi, Mr. Enter, and Pieguyrulz he is good but not great.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
MasterHavik said:

Also obvious? did you miss the long explanation they gave before salarayman got hit by a train? Was that needed? Thanks for telling me mind you, but come on dude it was buried under a bunch of pointless bullshit. 5 minutes just to tell me tell one thing?

Look, I am trying to be fair here and give my thoughts. Thanks for clearing that part up for me but I still find it lackluster since I can ask, "Why a girl?" "Why this time period?" Why did he be reborn back in time and not in the future?"

Try paying attention next time. Salaryman kept his memory when he was reborn as Tanya.
I think I figured that out but it was buried under this long winded explanation of humans suck. So thanks for being rude. I'm sorry, I'm not kissing the show's ass. I feel that scene could have been cutdown some.
Jan 16, 2017 2:37 AM

Apr 2013
MasterHavik said:
Zefyris said:

I'm a Digibro fan, but that doesn't stop me from being critical of him. Those videos....how do I feel about them? I think at the end of the day you won't know something unless you finish it. And I feel he took on the task of something you can't really have a define answer. He is a good youtuber still, but he has those videos where he can biased, an asshole, or just flat out whiny. I'll take him over most of the anime youtubers, but when compared to guys like Rebel Taxi, Mr. Enter, and Pieguyrulz he is good but not great.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

I think I figured that out but it was buried under this long winded explanation of humans suck. So thanks for being rude. I'm sorry, I'm not kissing the show's ass. I feel that scene could have been cutdown some.

It was already cut a lot. And that 5 minute scene was needed. It tells you why everything happen, so that's pretty much the most important scene in episode 1+2.

Also, never heard of those other youtuber you mentioned, so cannot tell. Either way I wouldn't take his advice seriously, that's for sure. His video about kyoukaisenjou no Horizon was painful to watch for example, too.
Jan 16, 2017 2:44 AM

Jan 2011
Zefyris said:
MasterHavik said:

It was already cut a lot. And that 5 minute scene was needed. It tells you why everything happen, so that's pretty much the most important scene in episode 1+2.

Also, never heard of those other youtuber you mentioned, so cannot tell. Either way I wouldn't take his advice seriously, that's for sure. His video about kyoukaisenjou no Horizon was painful to watch for example, too.
Can't really comment on anime I haven't seen. That is why I have avoided watching that one along with another one he did.

It tell you everything happens? all I saw was each person trashing the dude telling him that humans sucks I found it be long winded. Those 5 minutes could have been cut down 2 minutes. The show is trying to be complex and smart failing hard. In other words, it's getting to cute with its writing.

Outside of those first 5 minutes. This episode was more focus and a better episode. I don't know it was bad or good. Maybe a meh is the best I can say.

Also I suggest you watch those other Youtubers. They're pretty cool if you like cartoons.
Jan 16, 2017 2:54 AM

Oct 2016
wow .. didnt know tanya was a middle aged-salary man in the past .. this is getting interesting
Jan 16, 2017 3:27 AM
Jan 2016
MasterHavik said:
I think the five 5 minutes were showing her past life before dying and be reborn as Tanya. Am I reading this right? But with that sad the episode 1 frame her as this loli badass that didn't take no shit. Now, I felt she should think a like child because in this timeline she is 11. So her knowing that is kind of confusing. I'm just lost with this show. I think I get it but then think I don't get it.

Japanese businessman pissed off God with his rationality, God decided to punish him by throwing the man into a world and situation that was the exact opposite of everything he had.

So he went from a man in a peaceful, scientific world of good social standing to a girl in a warring, magical world of poor social standing. Tanya still has her memories of her past life because it wouldn't be much of a punishment unless she remembers exactly why she was stuck in such a lousy situation.

The reason why Tanya is such a hardass is because she refuses to lose to God and vows revenge by using her old-world rationality to succeed in her new life (thus proving she doesn't need faith or God); she's just constantly irritated because she's surrounded by people who still have some degree of faith and believes every bad thing that happens to her is a plot by God.

The reason why you see her praying in episode 1 will be explained in episode 3, but to give you a spoiler for that:
Jan 16, 2017 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
MasterHavik said:
Zefyris said:

Can't really comment on anime I haven't seen. That is why I have avoided watching that one along with another one he did.

It tell you everything happens? all I saw was each person trashing the dude telling him that humans sucks I found it be long winded. Those 5 minutes could have been cut down 2 minutes. The show is trying to be complex and smart failing hard. In other words, it's getting to cute with its writing.

Outside of those first 5 minutes. This episode was more focus and a better episode. I don't know it was bad or good. Maybe a meh is the best I can say.

Also I suggest you watch those other Youtubers. They're pretty cool if you like cartoons.

it's not about his opinion on that show. he created that video with one goal : watch that show until he understand what's going on (most important info are episode 7-8, anyone who watched that could tell him, and a quick google search could tell him as well). The end of the video is him dropping the show at like episode 5 saying he didn't understand a thing so that there's nothing to understand and therefore it's shit.
Wow. The whole goal of the video is to understand, and he stop before the explanations. The point of him watching 5 episodes? of making that video? The weight of his final conclusion? void. complete void.

That's not what happened. it was a logical discussion between god and the MC about why humanity as it is now cannot have faith in God anymore. And it's the conclusion of that logic determines what happens to Tanya. Removes any part of that already cut discussion, and you turn that part into a "god randmly decides of doing something with the MC that doesn't make any sense".
so yes, it's pretty much the most important part of those two episodes.

Oh please, no "trying to be smart and failing" with YS. Comparing the novels of YS with pretty much any novel getting adapted in anime is like comparing a thesis written by a college student about military, sociology and theology to a story written by a middle schooler. The depths of the internal monologue is of a completely different level with what anime watcher are used to. Yet that story is very self aware on its oretuee character, for example, and never forgets it's here to entertain.

I don't know how you could appreciate the remaining part of the episode if you didn't understand he kept his memories TBH. the whole episode fells apart that way. Her motivations, story, aspirations, reflections don't make sense anymore. Her disliking of god don't either. The final comedy moment with the make up isn' t funny if you don't understand that, either.
Jan 16, 2017 3:34 AM

Jan 2011
MysteriousBanana said:
MasterHavik said:
I think the five 5 minutes were showing her past life before dying and be reborn as Tanya. Am I reading this right? But with that sad the episode 1 frame her as this loli badass that didn't take no shit. Now, I felt she should think a like child because in this timeline she is 11. So her knowing that is kind of confusing. I'm just lost with this show. I think I get it but then think I don't get it.

Japanese businessman pissed off God with his rationality, God decided to punish him by throwing the man into a world and situation that was the exact opposite of everything he had.

So he went from a man in a peaceful, scientific world of good social standing to a girl in a warring, magical world of poor social standing. Tanya still has her memories of her past life because it wouldn't be much of a punishment unless she remembers exactly why she was stuck in such a lousy situation.

The reason why Tanya is such a hardass is because she refuses to lose to God and vows revenge by using her old-world rationality to succeed in her new life (thus proving she doesn't need faith or God); she's just constantly irritated because she's surrounded by people who still have some degree of faith and believes every bad thing that happens to her is a plot by God.

The reason why you see her praying in episode 1 will be explained in episode 3, but to give you a spoiler for that:
Sounds like a plot similar to FF13.

But oaky thanks for explaining this. I don't know if this good or bad, but I will say I am interested now as to see where this is going.
Jan 16, 2017 3:39 AM

Jan 2011
Zefyris said:
MasterHavik said:

it's not about his opinion on that show. he created that video with one goal : watch that show until he understand what's going on (most important info are episode 7-8, anyone who watched that could tell him, and a quick google search could tell him as well). The end of the video is him dropping the show at like episode 5 saying he didn't understand a thing so that there's nothing to understand and therefore it's shit.
Wow. The whole goal of the video is to understand, and he stop before the explanations. The point of him watching 5 episodes? of making that video? The weight of his final conclusion? void. complete void.

That's not what happened. it was a logical discussion between god and the MC about why humanity as it is now cannot have faith in God anymore. And it's the conclusion of that logic determines what happens to Tanya. Removes any part of that already cut discussion, and you turn that part into a "god randmly decides of doing something with the MC that doesn't make any sense".

Oh please, no "trying to be smart and failing" with YS. Comparing the novels of YS with pretty much any novel getting adapted in anime is like comparing a thesis written by a college student about military, sociology and theology to a story written by a middle schooler. The depths of the internal monologue is of a completely different level with what anime watcher are used to. Yet that story is very self aware on its oretuee character, for example, and never forgets it's here to entertain.

I don't know how you could appreciate the remaining part of the episode if you didn't understand he kept his memories TBH. the whole episode fells apart that way. Her motivations, story, aspirations, reflections don't make sense anymore. Her disliking of god don't either. The final comedy moment with the make up isn' t funny if you don't understand that, either.
I didn't' say it was bad and the guy above me fill me in. Let's just say I am interested. I'm not crowning the show's ass but I'm not going to trash it. The first 5 minutes was the only part that really bothered me.

Also it seems I may be better off reading the novels. I'm doing the same with another anime I finished watching called Magical Girl Project Rising. I think this just works better as a novel and if you make a few adjustments here you got a pretty interesting original series than a LN adaption.

Also on the Digibro part. Wow that is him being an asshole. Still, it's his opinion. I don't agree with what he did though.
Jan 16, 2017 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
MasterHavik said:
Zefyris said:

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

You really weren't paying attention if "humans suck" is what you got out of that scene and that's not being rude.

You accusing me of kissing the show's ass is definitely being rude though so hey I guess you've got a little hypocrisy in you. BTW without that scene the rest of Tanya's character makes absolutely no sense so no it shouldn't have been cut down.
Jan 16, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2014
this series is getting interesting and this episode is good and all, but i dont understand how she survived with just only scratches after she self destructed? what was that, mc passive skill?
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jan 16, 2017 5:54 AM

Apr 2013
envy__ said:
this series is getting interesting and this episode is good and all, but i dont understand how she survived with just only scratches after she self destructed? what was that, mc passive skill?

She shielded her vitals. She still ended up with broken arms, broken legs, heavy burns, injured eye. Hardly what you call "scratches".

MasterHavik said:
Zefyris said:

I didn't' say it was bad and the guy above me fill me in. Let's just say I am interested. I'm not crowning the show's ass but I'm not going to trash it. The first 5 minutes was the only part that really bothered me.

Also it seems I may be better off reading the novels. I'm doing the same with another anime I finished watching called Magical Girl Project Rising. I think this just works better as a novel and if you make a few adjustments here you got a pretty interesting original series than a LN adaption.

Also on the Digibro part. Wow that is him being an asshole. Still, it's his opinion. I don't agree with what he did though.

first novel is translated if you want.

Well I wasn't reproaching you anything, just pointing out that the rest of the episode could only be enjoyed as it was intended with the knowledge of her still having her previous life's memories ;).
Jan 16, 2017 6:05 AM

Jan 2011
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
MasterHavik said:

You really weren't paying attention if "humans suck" is what you got out of that scene and that's not being rude.

You accusing me of kissing the show's ass is definitely being rude though so hey I guess you've got a little hypocrisy in you. BTW without that scene the rest of Tanya's character makes absolutely no sense so no it shouldn't have been cut down.
I honesty tried dude. It was very long winded but thanks to some peeps. I get it now. I'm interested now. Also if you omit the first 5 mins the show would have been fine it would just be some batshit insane loli killing generic dudes. Her first fight being her first fall into madness.

I will say sorry for accusing you of kissing the show's ass though.
Jan 16, 2017 6:33 AM
Jan 2013
Duri1n said:
SO GOOD.

BEST ACTION SCENES I'VE SEEN IN RECENT MEMORY!

You must have a pretty terrible memory then. Most of the aerial battle was just characters hovering around in front of the background, sometimes exchanging shots. There was one good shot (camera rotating around Tanya and the soldiers), the rest was very basic.
Jan 16, 2017 8:17 AM
Jul 2016
envy__ said:

She have a shield protecting her own body from the blast, though that's shattered along with the explosion as it's shown when she's falling down. The guy she latched into don't have the time to prepare for the shield so he's probably taken out while the other guys who's a little bit further have time to put up a shield as seen they're able to run away.

Also she's having broken bones all over the body...
CryarcJan 16, 2017 8:31 AM
Jan 16, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2015
Excellent episode. good to see he's not a one-dimensional insane commander. There's more to him than meets the eye
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.