Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 24, 2016 6:28 AM

May 2016
After Monaka exploded her tower, M fell off and onaka means stomach and Fukawa fell on Komaru's stomach... Uh forget it it means nothing
Aug 24, 2016 6:53 AM
Mar 2012
This episode is amazing. It's likely as close as we'll ever get to a proper UDG anime adaptation, too.

Monaca was a lot of fun. I was sad to see her go, but excited to see where things go from here.
Aug 24, 2016 8:56 AM
✿。

Apr 2012
It was nice seeing komaru and touko again!!
Also lol at monaca going to the space to become a neet.
I wonder who's going to die, I really don't want any of them to die, especially kirigiri!!

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aug 24, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
Meh, to me this episode was really disappointing. Everything happened in a way that seemed way too forced and almost non-sense. Komaru and Fukawa successfully found Monaka and suddenly she surrenders, giving up about this ultimate battle between Hope and Despair, not before telling them that 'cause of Makoto someone will die and this certain person will be one of the survivors of the original killing game.
Then she randomly "goes in space" (?) with Fukawa trying to get inside the van while flying to know who is this victim, but Komaru convinced her not go with and so they let themselves fall down, managing to get down safe and sound.

Afterwards, Komaru contacts Naegi in a way to me unknown and tells him "she said someone is going to die", and Makoto doesen't even ask who this "she" is.

I don't know if the episode wanted to follow the style of the spin-off (I haven't played it and I'm assuming this 'cause of the episode's title, after all its name is "Ultra Despair Girls", just like the game) or in this one the producers were a little bit careless... or maybe I'm being too hard on it, that's a possibility, lol.

The only interesting things were the revelation that someone else is behind this killing game (although it was very predictable) and that almost certainly a survivor of the first game is going to die*... and that Munakata appearing through the fog in the end.

* Please don't be Kirigiri please don't be Kirigiri please don't be Kirigiri please don't be Kirigiri please don't be Kirigiri
Aug 24, 2016 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
So many details, I decided to rewatch the Mirai-hen episodes as well. Here is what I found in the first 2 episodes:

Quoting myself to add my notes from other 3 episodes:

Episode 3: (events are not in order)

- Great Gozu, like Chisa, is hanging from the ceiling...or what was left of the ceiling....

- Was there even a hole on the ceiling before falling asleep?

- Gozu has both eyes slashed.

- Izayoi and Ruruka are in the library.

- Ruruka was awake first and as soon as Izayoi opens his eyes, she tries to feed him a sweet (macaron), which he rejects for the second time (first one was in episode 2). Ruruka has a "this is strange" expression.

- Kirigiri, Tengan and Mitarai are in another room. Kirigiri notices how Tengan doesn´t seem to be worried about the situation and comments on it.

- Mitarai checks his cellphone/smartphone from time to time. When he first appears in episode 1, he also had said cell/smatphone on his hand.

- While on the corridor. Kirigiri stops and stares at one of the monitors. Tengan asks is she´s worried about something and Mitarai tenses.

- In the scene where Naegi finds Izuru, we are shown 2 flowers in a glass bottle or something like that. Why would remnants of despair have flowers? One of them seems to be a daisy and the other a carnation. Might be wrong though. Does someone knows?

- Gekkogahara mentions that the building wasn´t finished when "The Tragedy" happened.

- Kizakura looks at Seiko trying to catch Ruruka and Izayoi, and comments about those 3 not being able to solve their problem. After that he continues to search for "That girl". Most likely Kirigiri.

- When confronted by Naegi, Munakata mentions that this is a game, and it was designed by Enoshima Junko. Not sure if I understood this in a wrong way, but she is dead ages ago and still this is her game? Or did he mean that this was designed as closely as Enoshima´s style?

- After hearing Naegi´s speech, Ruruka talks about it with Izayoi and he tells if they should show Naegi something, at which Ruruka says NO. What was it? (might be a mistranslation, though.)

Episode 4:

- Just noticed in the opening that the blade of the Monokuma dagger is similar to the blade of Munakata katana (divided in sections).

- Ruruka´s bomb switch is similar to Monaka´s in episode 7.

- Mitarai, after accidentally hurting Kirigiri´s leg, says he wants to save people, but he only brings misery.

- Everyone noticed by now that Juuzo cannot use his fists and mocks him about it. Sucks to be you, Juuzo.

- Tengan tells Mitarai to go with Kirigiri while he and the others go to where Naegi and Munakata are.

- How many blades does Tengan´s weapon has o__O?

- Tengan states Naegi is Ultimate Hope.

- While checking the corpse of Chisa, Kirigiri tells Mitarai that he might have an idea who the culprit is, since he "tends to be more curious when interested".

Episode 5:

- Asahina and Juuzo are fighting, when Seiko appears and hits Juuzo, and then se looks at Asahina and it is shown that she has a slight injure on her arm. When did she got hurt and how? Seiko Hit Juuzo, not Asahina....

- Mitarai is checking cell/smartphone again.

- Izayoi is back in the library choosing a weapon. Those weapons were probably hidden in the wall (judging for the pieces of wood out of place). Probably the members of the Hope side know about it.

- What they didn´t seem to know was the secret Monokuma door...

- Near the end, Seiko is seen resting next to a "clean" wall. However, after her last memories, her corpse is shown apparently slammed to the wall.

- Before falling asleep, Seiko takes out the first candy Ruruka gave her when they were kids *feels*.

- Munakata is shown with the katana Izayoi was about to pick from the secret place and is injecting his arm with something Seiko probably made. Looks like a healing serum, similar to what she injected herself with when fighting against Izayoi.
Aug 24, 2016 11:08 AM
Jan 2015
TanoX_93 said:

I don't know if the episode wanted to follow the style of the spin-off (I haven't played it and I'm assuming this 'cause of the episode's title, after all its name is "Ultra Despair Girls", just like the game) or in this one the producers were a little bit careless... or maybe I'm being too hard on it, that's a possibility, lol.

Yeah that's exactly what happened, a bit of fan service for fans, it really felt like "another episode", and yeah another episode didn't feel like 1 and 2 it was definitley weirder.
Aug 24, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
So many details, I decided to rewatch the Mirai-hen episodes as well. Here is what I found in the first 2 episodes:

[spoiler="Notes from ep.1 & 2"]Opening:
- In the scene where Naegi finds Izuru, we are shown 2 flowers in a glass bottle or something like that. Why would remnants of despair have flowers? One of them seems to be a daisy and the other a carnation. Might be wrong though. Does someone knows?

I already theorized that Izuru post despair-hen doesnt work with Junko anymore (in the sense that he wants to beat/use her). The flowers may be him paying respect for Chiaki whom he might end up killing in despair-hen, and probably triggers some part of Hajime inside of him, thus starting his revenge on Junko.
Aug 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2016
Don't you dare kill best girl detective :(

Aug 24, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2016
Gonzak said:
I already theorized that Izuru post despair-hen doesnt work with Junko anymore (in the sense that he wants to beat/use her). The flowers may be him paying respect for Chiaki whom he might end up killing in despair-hen, and probably triggers some part of Hajime inside of him, thus starting his revenge on Junko.

I like the theory, but if he didn't work for Junko anymore, why would he mastermind the plan to upload her consciousness into his own brain (and those of the other Remnants?)
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Aug 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Oct 2015
Phendrus said:
Gonzak said:

I like the theory, but if he didn't work for Junko anymore, why would he mastermind the plan to upload her consciousness into his own brain (and those of the other Remnants?)

I do remember him saying he would use her as she used him in the past in the Boat scene in DR2. He may have done everything in DR2 with the objective to make Junko fail (which is what happens in the end). Remember he has the ultimate analyst and luck at his side so him betting on a posibility could work for him. He just needs to have a chance. Well it may be more simplier or complex than that (like wanting to recover his old memories in the process or wanting to see Chiaki again even in AI form). If Izuru wants revenge it is because he didnt like the end result of what Junko is planning in Despair-hen (first killing game). Most of Izurus interactions so far has been of an observant, the only 2 known actions he willingly takes is participating in the first killing game and the events of DR2, he usually just watches things unfold from a distance otherwise.
GonzakAug 24, 2016 1:03 PM
Aug 24, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2016
Gonzak said:
Phendrus said:

I do remember him saying he would use her as she used him in the past in the Boat scene in DR2. He may have done everything in DR2 with the objective to make Junko fail (which is what happens in the end). Remember he has the ultimate analyst and luck at his side so him betting on a posibility could work for him. He just needs to have a chance. Well it may be more simplier or complex than that (like wanting to recover his old memories in the process or wanting to see Chiaki again even in AI form). If Izuru wants revenge it is because he didnt like the end result of what Junko is planning in Despair-hen (first killing game). Most of Izurus interactions so far has been of an observant, the only 2 known actions he willingly takes is participating in the first killing game and the events of DR2, he usually just watches things unfold from a distance otherwise.

I hadn't thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, that does make sense. Stealing Junko's pawns from her and making her AI watch her plans fail (again) all in one fell swoop, with the possible bonus of regaining his old memories... I really hope you're right. That would make me like his character even more.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Aug 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
this felt like a parody
Aug 24, 2016 3:16 PM
Jan 2014
FrozenSheep said:
Don't you dare kill best girl detective :(

They pointed her out to die, I think she's pretty safe because of that.

Also, the opening hints toward the anime itself ending with Naegi and Kiri. With the whole two sides of the Monokuma face thing and him catching her fall, etc etc.
Aug 24, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
So guys, I tried to translate the relationship chart from the DR website. I was checking with other translations and I think I got it right (or really close to). My japanese is not that good, so feel free to correct it :D/

The only thing I didn't know was that Great Gozu was Tengan's bodyguard and that Tengan, apparently, was the one who scouted Ryouta O-O

Aug 24, 2016 4:23 PM

Aug 2016
taynis said:
Some people have this theory that at the end of DR2 Junko's AI got "instaled" into Kirigiri and/or Naegi and that they are actually the ones killing people. Like, the AI takes over their bodies etc etc.
I don't like this theory much, but it exists so XD
I really wish it is just Junko's influence this time, but who knows.

Yes, I read this theory and my mind was blown, because it could be true, and it's cruel. I'd like to point out that the mastermind who controls Monokuma this time around knows Usami's transformation into Monomi in Danganronpa 2. Might have been just a joke, but as far as I can remember, Danganronpa is always careful with details.

@Dreams_of_Neko Thank you for your observations! They should be really helpful to find some more hints.

I'm still trying to understand Tengan's reasoning. If memory serves, he more or less stated that the truth is simple. His NG code was "not answering a question with a lie", and he could have genuinely believed false things without lying about them, but I don't think that's the case and I'm pretty sure he knew the truth, or at least a part of it.
To summarize, I think it's possible we're all making it more complicated than it really is.
Aug 24, 2016 4:38 PM
Jul 2016
Something just occurred to me: Monaca said that Makoto was going to get someone from "Big Sis Junko's Game" killed. However, she didn't say WHICH game. Junko has played three killing games so far: the one where the student council was murdered, the one in DR1, and the one in DR2. Assuming this wasn't a slip/mistranslation/something like that, it could be that she's talking about one of the ex-Remnants of Despair. Doubtful, but possible.

Unrelated:

Manecleis said:
I'd like to point out that the mastermind who controls Monokuma this time around knows Usami's transformation into Monomi in Danganronpa 2. Might have been just a joke, but as far as I can remember, Danganronpa is always careful with details.

The Killing School Trip was broadcast live to every Future Foundation member. Any one of them could know about the Usami/Monomi bit.

Aug 24, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2015
@taynis : Maybe Tengan scouted Mitarai to participate in the Neo World Program as a designer of a setting/script for the students to heal and develop hope. By this, Mitarai should have been able to save people, but then Junko happened and that is why he felt he only brought misery.

Speaking of which, this could be a explanation of DR-Zetsubou. The beggining shows Chisa in a movie theater watching her death. In DR 2, the students are shown the first execution screened on an ecran, similar to being in a movie.

Back to the beggining of DR 3 Zetsubou, there is a white panel, and then the school is outlined, colored, etc. like the work of an animator/artist. So yeah, as many suspect, this might be the work of Mitarai. But then, when asked if it will have a Bad Ending, Chisa answers "Who knows". My theory is that this anime is a new Neo World Program script to help rehabilitate the Despair students again.
And this time, Chisa (who might be an AI) is actually able to help her students.
Aug 24, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2014
Juanda22Q said:
arvin_1219 said:
good thing that I started watching a playthrough of Another Episode even though, I haven't touched it since, with Chapter 1 still not finished.

It introduced me the characters but it's sad that I now know that the other 4 Warriors of Hope will defect on despair because it's now a spoiler for me haha.

The events in the anime happens after the game. The kids were bad and now they are good/not bad

yeah I know, I really should've finished the whole playthrough back then when Monaca haven't appeared yet here haha
Aug 24, 2016 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
I liked this episode.

Happy to get a Komaru and Touko focused episode since I loved their relationship in Another Episode.

Seeing them and Izuru in the last episode gives me some hope we'll be able to see the other SDR2 characters in this series as well.
Aug 25, 2016 12:10 AM

Aug 2008
Btw, how old is Monaka actually?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 25, 2016 2:10 AM

Dec 2009
Well I think Togami has high chance of dying actually, if what Monaca said was true. Think about it , Monaca said that it will be Naegi's fault, and what Naegi did? He saved Remnants of Despair, and where Togami is headed? Jabberwock island. Izuru or Munakata's party might kill Togami.
Aug 25, 2016 4:29 AM

Jan 2016
adix22 said:
Well I think Togami has high chance of dying actually, if what Monaca said was true. Think about it , Monaca said that it will be Naegi's fault, and what Naegi did? He saved Remnants of Despair, and where Togami is headed? Jabberwock island. Izuru or Munakata's party might kill Togami.

I hope so because I don't like him that much.

As long as Asahina is safe... xD
Aug 25, 2016 5:04 AM

Jun 2013
Your weight is below average? Fuck you, little sister for being proud for being underweight. Little shit.

Touko's daydream of Byakuya gave me a seizure, fucking cringey.
臭い-
Aug 25, 2016 5:50 AM

Mar 2016
Komaeda turned Monaca into an adult ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No seriously.
Aug 25, 2016 6:54 AM

Dec 2010
I am so glad I finished DAE before this episode or I wouldn't understand Komaru's truth bullets esp. the link one. Really good fan service to the Towa city characters. And Monaca has swasticas in her eyes lol

Really good episode despite the lack of hype coming from the previous episode... (Izuru.....)
Aug 25, 2016 7:53 AM

Feb 2010
Manecleis said:
EarlCiel, your reasoning is very interesting, and both the idea of absolute hope born from the worst possible despair (Komaeda mastermind) and the idea of a twisted hope that wants to crush other hopes in order to shine (Mitarai mastermind) would be fitting motives for the actual situation.

I would like to give some thoughts of mine. Some of them are not that important. Once again, I personally support no theory, I only make observations and raise points that could explain some theories.

- Most of us assumed that Monaka was hiding behind the Monokuma secret door. Well, she was not. So the question rises again: what is the purpose of this door? Who or what is hiding behind? Some people believe that Hagakure doesn't count as a participant and a secret player therefore exists. What if they hid there?

- EarlCiel made the observation that Monaka knew with confidence that someone was going to die because of Naegi, so she has information. There are a lot of ways she could have obtained it. Here are some: hacking, making her own observations in the game (the sleeping gas should not be effective on a mere puppet), knowing the mastermind's identity, mindset, and/or plans.

- It occured to me that Kizakura is Jin Kirigiri's friend. So unless he is a traitor or a not-so-reliable friend, he's going to protect her daughter 100% and it may be why he's staying close to her. That point was to reassure a little more those who are worried for Kirigiri's life.

It really is both frustrating and an enjoyable experience to attempt to piece together small pieces of information and even theorize. I currently am not really a strong supporter of any particular theories, but literally I'm just dumping out random thoughts. I keep them at the back of my mind though in case there is evidence to support these theories. First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts, they really were a nice read. It’s important to keep the big picture in mind, but like you are doing, I would argue it is even more important to focus on the information we have and try to piece together the puzzle. Observations are key to solving mysteries.

The Monokuma door that you have brought up again is not really something I have commented on since there really is not much evidence that would lead us to know exactly what are behind those doors, however we do have a situation that most likely occurred that can reveal information. It's really good that you bring it up, because like others it honestly completely flew over my head since so much is happening. First of all, an observation I would like to point out is that the door had writing on it if I remember, and it was hidden from everyone, but much like the nature of the game, there wasn’t a really big attempt at hiding this ‘secret’. It’s almost like it was made, positioned to be found by someone. You could even argue that it was revealed to the players of the game...since I remember the scene tried to make it appear as if Hagakure actually was useful and uncovered that door. But if they are in a different building like Kirigiri has noticed, then that means Hagakure would not have helped the bookshelf to fall over. The game has its rules, but people like Tengan, Monaka, and I would also argue Kizakura already know so much about the game’s objectives. It’s not impossible to figure out, since it seems like the evidence is all presented. The people who don’t see this are either impeded by their own motives (Munakata -> kill despair) and (Naegi -> get out and provide source of hope for everyone)…are blinded to the situation.

One could however similarly argue that Tengan and Kizakura (not so much Monaka…since she appears to be an outsider possibly with just incredibly sharp eyes like you may have suggested) were ‘in’ on this whole game and that’s why they know so much information. And just an add-on to your comment on Monaca…it is interesting how everyone woke up around the same time after being gassed, yet Chisa’s eyes were open (+she was crying) and so Monaka probably saw the ‘attacker’ or really maybe the mastermind so she knows his/her objectives? Is it possible that the attacker and the mastermind are the same people? This puzzles me.

Anyways, I digress. The door was not completely hidden, and Izayoi was the one who first noticed the door. I believe he probably went in and Ruruka had to have entered the library and saw Izayoi beside or in the door. This is why, I believe, Ruruka probably starts mistrusting her friend since they haven’t even told one another their forbidden actions, and she clearly…CLEARLY loses trust of people who don’t eat her candy. Izayoi is ‘killed’ by Ruruka probably by sacrificing his life to gain her trust, and she hides evidence of his death by making it seem like the attacker killed two people.It’s unknown, however why Ruruka would keep quiet...maybe she believes that keeping this information to herself will benefit herself or if she reveals this information, her situation with Izayoi might make her a suspect. Ruruka, then must know something about that room because I highly doubt all this would go on and she wouldn’t be curious about what is in the room. My guess, is that the room most definitely contains not just unknown information, but information that she wants to keep away from everyone else…maybe that's why she really seemed desperate to get everyone out of the room? But the biggest question is: What would the mastermind want to show someone participating in the game? And for what purpose? It is possible, like you said, that another secret player is hidden in this room, yet the fact that the door was probably opened and nothing was done about it (unlike in danganronpa when Junko went full on and knocked out Naegi LOLL good times) seems like, to me, that the mastermind wanted the door to be found or doesn't care if people enter it.

You provide an interesting observation about Kizakura, and I believe that you are most likely correct. A lot of people think he's teasing Kirigiri, and well, he really is but he's most likely watching over her because of he relationship he had with her father. I would also like to add an observation that might be seen as a ‘jerk move’ on Kizakura’s part was when he said something along the lines of “maybe all these murders are happening because there is a detective.” Another way of interpreting what he said is that maybe the deaths are all happening, the situation is happening, in order reveal some truth, point at some message, through all the deaths. And that’s why it keeps happening...it’s not necessarily ‘her fault’ but if you think about it there are mindless murders, and there are murderers that kill because of some darkness kept in their heart, so they sort of leave that mark through murder. These murders are definitely happening for a reason unknown to us, and I believe this is a central piece in figuring out who would have the motive to have this killing game ensue.
EarlCielAug 25, 2016 5:47 PM
Aug 25, 2016 8:02 AM

Feb 2013
Bibimbapski said:
Your weight is below average? Fuck you, little sister for being proud for being underweight. Little shit.

Why so mad? Is bad to be skinny now?
Aug 25, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2010
Manecleis said:
- The person who's going to die will die because of Naegi. What could this refer to? I can think of two likely possibilities: a forbidden action that is linked to Naegi, or Togami getting killed on his way to help his friends because Naegi called him. I considered the possibility of someone being killed by the attacker to bring Naegi into despair. But why would Monaka also know which one will die? I believe Naegi would be as crushed by the death of Kirigiri as he would be if Asahina died - especially since she's been with him the entire time in this final killing game. So it does not make sense to me.

- I don't know whether or not any of us went to the trouble of collecting everything Tengan said in the first five episodes. If not, I plan on doing it. I especially remember that he told Munakata that the logic behind the traitor's identity is too simple for him to understand. Could be a clue.

Another interesting observation: there are security cameras yet nothing has been done about Naegi gaining access outside...to Togami...or his sister, and similarly nothing has really been done since they first got knocked out by the 'mastermind'. We've really only gotten to see Monokuma once, and there is a very obvious difference from the first season where Junko was manipulating the situation so that people would play by her rules and keep things 'in order'.

Obviously, there are rules in this game, however I can't help but notice Monokuma's absence in everything that is going on. It appears like things are just left to unravel by itself, but of course that cannot be possible. There is a purpose for this game, and somehow it is being monitored. So that leads me to believe that the mastermind is either monitoring by the deaths (and my biggest reason to believe that is, well, Seiko was killed in the midst of a huge feud). Yet, at the same time, this does not make sense because there are people like Munakata + Sakakura who are aimlessly running around killing people (okay, not aimlessly since they are trying to 'get rid of despair') who are just...doing whatever and getting people killed.

Yet, really nothing seems to be done by that, so it's almost like that is an intention of the mastermind. A really important piece of information Togami gave us last Mirai-hen episode I think was that he believes there is something connected to the ships being sent to Jabberwock island, and what is going on in the Future Foundation. The biggest lead I think is that someone is trying to retaliate against Munakata's actions (killing despair) and at the same time maybe force an outcome from this final killing game.

Also, with your comment regarding Tengan...Tengan's conversation with Munakata is one of the biggest clues to understanding what's going on, yet it is the most puzzling. Especially what exactly he told Munakata...since it was muted out for us. I do recall that the main and central part to their conversation (at least, what we can actually hear/read) is that Tengan believes that Munakata's interpretation of hope is wrong. Munakata believes that if you kill despair, all you will be left with his hope. He believes that by getting rid of the problem, the problem will be solved...but what if you don't get rid of what caused the problem in the first place? This causes even more problems. And sure, you can eliminate those...but isn't that just a cycle of despair? Eliminating the problem doesn't get rid of the problem.

Some excerpts of their conversation (re-posted from post I made during this scene):

And in their conversation, the topic of Izuru Kamakura is mentioned: (another excerpt from a past post)

Hmmmm...A possibly artificially created hope (created by a planned situation) made with both a VISION + DIRECTION...
It does sound like a possibility of why this situation is happening, does it not?

This time, literally dumped all my thoughts...need to learn how to write shorter, more organized posts xD
EarlCielAug 25, 2016 5:48 PM
Aug 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
LOL @ that Gihren Zabi "Seig Zeon" parody speech at the beginning.
Aug 25, 2016 10:16 AM
Dec 2013
First half = fan-service crap

The least enjoyable episode so far, but good story progression I guess.
Aug 25, 2016 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
Fucking Monaka with the swastika eyes, LOL!
You were great this episode <3

I really really really fucking hope the person who may die isn't Kyouko. I will throw a gigantic rage fit for the next 50 years. Literally, anyone but Kyouko, please. STOP MAKING ME FEEL THIS WAY GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!
Aug 25, 2016 5:25 PM

Aug 2012
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T KILL OFF KYOKO! Or Byakuya for that matter. Just kill Yasuhiro, I'm cool with that.

Anyway, I only played through the first chapter of Ultra Despair Girls and honestly, I think that was enough. Obviously those kids being separate and stuff was a bit of a surprise but other than that, I got this material fine. And lol at Nagito's effect on Monoka. That and her "Google it" exchange were about the only times I found her entertaining so far. Pretty interested in who the culprit behind this is, I can't think of any resolution at the moment that wouldn't be cheap, so maybe it's something from the novels, or someone that'll become clear during the Despair arc. I don't know. Those thoughts aside, this was probably one of my least favorite episodes so far, I like that Toko includes Komaru into her fantasies now. Hoping the next two are on the quality of episodes 5 & 6 again.
Aug 26, 2016 5:29 AM

Jun 2013
Pride- said:
Bibimbapski said:

Why so mad? Is bad to be skinny now?

Nope. It's great to be skinny. I'm just pissed that Anime/manga girls in this series and every other series for that matter are so stereotypically, "Oh I'm so concerned about my weight! My boobs are not small! I'm a delicate flower!" shit. then again, it could be a form of parody. Ridiculing these regurgitated Anime/manga tropes.
臭い-
Aug 26, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
taynis said:
@Dreams_of_Neko
Yeah, Kizakura is really suspicious. When he pointed to Gekkogahara (who was already Mechagahara by that point), maybe he knew the real one was dead already?

Not sure if he suspected or knew Gekkougahara was dead, but he certainly noticed the girl next to him wasn´t the real one, and that is why he pointed her out.
I believe he is specialized in sociology and/or psychology and is able to notice even the most subtle details in a person. He wasn´t a Kibougamine scouter just by chance.

Still, he pointed fake Gekkougahara out, and she herself said she wasn´t the mastermind. He knows something else but doesn´t say it yet.

Ah, by the way, in the first episode the Monokuma counter says there are 16 people (alive), but in the room are only 15. One would say Monaka is the 16th, but...she wasn´t inside the building. Is the counter saying there are 16 INSIDE the bulding or saying there are 16 PARTICIPATING?
Aug 26, 2016 12:47 PM
Mar 2016
WTF, Monaca isn't the one behind it????????!!!!!!!!

Is there an impending yuri thing between Genocider sho and Negai's sister?
Aug 26, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2013
"I'm gonna frickin kill you....lol nope I'm surrender"
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 26, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2013
Whoahoho said:
WTF, Monaca isn't the one behind it????????!!!!!!!!

Is there an impending yuri thing between Genocider sho and Negai's sister?

Komaru is Touko's first friend and yeah they're pretty close since then
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 26, 2016 10:18 PM
Jun 2016
holy moly I dont understand a lot of things because I haven played the game but bro this cap was beautiful... have to watch 4 to 7 cause school.. but OMG this was priceless perfect I love Towa she is so perfect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 6:11 PM
Dec 2015
Monokuma room perhaps is a trap room.
Aug 28, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2015
This is from episode 3, but haven´t found much info about it. Does someone know what flowers are these?

Pretty sure the white one is a Daisy, we are also shown daisies in the Zetsubou opening and even Monaka is seeing plucking the petals of one. Now, someone in Tumblr said the yellow one is a Marigold, but i´m not entirely sure.

According to Hanakotoba (language of flowers), the daisies represent faith.

If they are right about the other one being a Marigold, the Tumblr user suggests it would mean "creativity and the drive to succeed". But there is also the meaning of "Despair and grief over the loss of love". However, this might be the western interpretation. Couldn´t find the Japanese one (flowers may vary in meaning depending on the country).
Dreams_of_NekoAug 28, 2016 11:42 PM
Aug 29, 2016 1:49 AM
Aug 2016
I just made an account here mainly talk to talk about Dangaronpa and reading all the stuff in here is so much to take in.

Especially the idea that Nagei or Kirigri are the killers especially with

Monaca specifically saying "Someone who survived Big Sis Junko's mutual killing game will die because of Big Bro Naegi Makoto."

it would be nuts if it turns out Makato is actually the killer, but I doubt it.

I think the next person to die is probably Izurii, because I think the writers want everyone to think that Kirigiri, Asahina, or Hagure will be off next. But I doubt it. If not Izuri, then I'm going to go with Togami, this is all so much.

That's a lot of despair to handle.
Aug 29, 2016 3:55 AM
Aug 2016
EarlCiel said:

Anyways, I digress. The door was not completely hidden, and Izayoi was the one who first noticed the door. I believe he probably went in and Ruruka had to have entered the library and saw Izayoi beside or in the door. This is why, I believe, Ruruka probably starts mistrusting her friend since they haven’t even told one another their forbidden actions, and she clearly…CLEARLY loses trust of people who don’t eat her candy. Izayoi is ‘killed’ by Ruruka probably by sacrificing his life to gain her trust, and she hides evidence of his death by making it seem like the attacker killed two people.It’s unknown, however why Ruruka would keep quiet...maybe she believes that keeping this information to herself will benefit herself or if she reveals this information, her situation with Izayoi might make her a suspect. Ruruka, then must know something about that room because I highly doubt all this would go on and she wouldn’t be curious about what is in the room. My guess, is that the room most definitely contains not just unknown information, but information that she wants to keep away from everyone else…maybe that's why she really seemed desperate to get everyone out of the room? But the biggest question is: What would the mastermind want to show someone participating in the game? And for what purpose? It is possible, like you said, that another secret player is hidden in this room, yet the fact that the door was probably opened and nothing was done about it (unlike in danganronpa when Junko went full on and knocked out Naegi LOLL good times) seems like, to me, that the mastermind wanted the door to be found or doesn't care if people enter it.

This part had me puzzling, because I never tought of Ruruka killing Izayoi. I didn´t tought of it, because the evidence I´ve seen pointed against the attacker, but maybe I just mistinterpreted it. The main evidence on his body is the stab, and the one which isn´t easy to notice is the some kind of dust under his left eye.

It is interesting, because Chisa was crying blood from her left eye. I ingored Ruruka´s suspiciousness because of that dust, and the fact, that Izayoi´s body was found with closed eyes. The biggest difference between him and the other victims is the size of the bloodstain. For a deadly wound it´s ridiculously small. For everyone to understand my next statement you have to understand, that a deadly wound is supposed to bleed till the victim´s heart stops beating. So the small bloodstain suggests, that he died after the stab nearly immeadiately. If we can treat that dust as a sign of posoning, then it is really likely, that he was poisoned before the stab, because it would explain the small bloodstain. Another explanation of the small bloodstain is that the stab pierced the heart accurately, but this is not so likely. Either way Ruruka for me doesn´t seems to be like someone who could deliver such an accurate blow to his closest friend, or poison him. Maybe the creators didn´t put much tought in the bloodstain, but the dust was noticed by Kyoko so I´m sure it will play a role.

So in conclusion just as you pointed out Ruruka is suspicious, and a lot of things point against her, the only things which are not against her is the killing method and her relationship with Izayoi. If she really killed Izayoi she must have been prepared to imitate the killer.
Aug 29, 2016 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
upupupu said:
I just made an account here mainly talk to talk about Dangaronpa and reading all the stuff in here is so much to take in.

Especially the idea that Nagei or Kirigri are the killers especially with

Monaca specifically saying "Someone who survived Big Sis Junko's mutual killing game will die because of Big Bro Naegi Makoto."

it would be nuts if it turns out Makato is actually the killer, but I doubt it.

I think the next person to die is probably Izurii, because I think the writers want everyone to think that Kirigiri, Asahina, or Hagure will be off next. But I doubt it. If not Izuri, then I'm going to go with Togami, this is all so much.

That's a lot of despair to handle.

There is the theory that Kirigiri´s forbidden action has something to do with Naegi. Could be talking to him or touching him. Maybe Monaka knows, but Naegi definitely doesn´t and she released that statement in order to make Naegi go and try to reach Kirigiri at all costs.

@kacaj : Others say that dust is actually foundation that was probably used to conceal some other signs of his death. I thought that his FA (probably eating sweets) was accidentally triggered by Ruruka by feeding him one of the macarons she always carries with her.

In episode 2, Bandai's FA is triggered (thanks Juuzo) and we see how part of his skin (if not all) turned purple and the veins dilated greatly. He also bled from his eye.
Aug 29, 2016 7:17 AM

Aug 2016
Didn't know where to put this, but... Subs are delayed for episode 8. Again.
Aug 29, 2016 7:21 AM

Jan 2015
Manecleis said:

Zetsubou all over the place. Well, sometimes eating RAW is healthy for your soul I guess....
Aug 29, 2016 7:23 AM

Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Manecleis said:

Zetsubou all over the place. Well, sometimes eating RAW is healthy for your soul I guess....

RAW is so frustrating though. And by the time subs are out, I'll probably be spoiled through and through.
Aug 29, 2016 7:26 AM

Jan 2015
Manecleis said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

RAW is so frustrating though. And by the time subs are out, I'll probably be spoiled through and through.

Let's keep theorizing then, because there is a TON of things I have missed and just realized while watching previous episodes for the 6th or 7th time....

Zetsubou edit: Damn, aaaaaagh! Just read episode 8 teaser? Seems that some theories are just best sent to the trash? Need my raw NOW.
Dreams_of_NekoAug 29, 2016 7:30 AM
Aug 29, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Manecleis said:

Let's keep theorizing then, because there is a TON of things I have missed and just realized while watching previous episodes for the 6th or 7th time....

Interesting. Would you care to elaborate?
Aug 29, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2015
Manecleis said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Interesting. Would you care to elaborate?

Mhmm. But must say, after reading the comment on episode 8, part of the theories around are bashed.

Ok. So. There are so many things I noticed, but probably other must have noticed them before, so sorry if it's old news.

On episode 6 we see Hajime at the end, but, he is wearing the same uniform like the epilogue of DR2? Actually, he looks the same like that epilogue. Now, i'm going by memory on this part, but, when they were taken to the island, his uniform was slightly different, as in, different shoes. He was wearing a coat, but he could just take it away.

How much time have passed between DR2 and Mirai? Becauser Hinata/Izuru doesn't seem to have changed at all in his image, while Kirigiri, Naegi and Togami look older?
Aug 29, 2016 8:03 AM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Manecleis said:

Zetsubou edit: Damn, aaaaaagh! Just read episode 8 teaser? Seems that some theories are just best sent to the trash? Need my raw NOW.

I´m gonna throw in a theory then:
In Monokuma´s explanation there is a huge gap. He says the following about the game clear condition : - If the the time limit hits and no one is dead it´s game clear. The funny thing is that there are acutally 2 time limits, one for the participants and one for the killer. Monokuma is just speeking in a manner, to make us sure that he is speaking about the killer´s time limits. So basically their true object would be not to find the killer, but to stop the killings between them.

It´s my theory, so it´s not encouraging that even I don´t believe it, but there is surely a gap in Monokuma´s words which makes it possible. Also till now both times someone died before the participants time limit reached zero. ( Daisaku, Tengen )

Maybe this episode will be able to crush this theory too .-
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

280 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

233 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.