Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 2, 2016 3:16 PM
Dec 2014
Another great episode! It was really cute when midoriya's mom complimented him before he left for school! :) Also, glad to see he's at least minimizing his injuries when he uses his powers. So far, I think the pacing of the anime is alright but I wonder how they will finish this anime in 8 episodes. We shall see.
May 2, 2016 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode but it's a shame that Tsuyu's only line was "ribbit"
May 2, 2016 4:37 PM
Jun 2013
yes yes yes, Deku ma boy.
May 2, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
Ochako's VA is just fucking perf!
May 2, 2016 6:41 PM

Nov 2015
To everyone, just let Fai keep babling by himself. Seems like He likes to be the center of attention. Just ignore him, and he will dissapear by himself.
May 2, 2016 8:17 PM

Feb 2015
God, I just came here to watch all the bullying over Fai, and now he dropped the series, that's so sad...

Anyway, as good as always, but as in the manga, this part from my very own opinion, is pretty slow, but not bad, this arch, is kinda slow, so It's ok. What It comes after this episode is just amazing, I'm at the edge of my couch (well actually a bed), waiting for the Devu vs Bakugou fight.

4/5 (Just as in the manga).
May 3, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
I'm really liking this so far, I can't wait till next week!
May 3, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2016

That is going to give me nightmare ^^
May 3, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2016
all might looked really funny in his formal outfit tho
May 3, 2016 5:55 AM

Mar 2016
Every episode of this Anime makes me hyped af. That was some clever use of One for All!
May 3, 2016 6:09 AM
Nov 2015
He is becoming a One Finger Man Lol
May 3, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
Their teacher Is a very poor judge of character. From Zero to Hero in just a few seconds.
May 3, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2011
Midoriya, my boy! This is what I was saying to my friends who were complaining because of him crying, I tried to not spoil by just saying "just let him grow a bit, c'mon..." ayyyy <3
I'm really liking what Sakura is doing for Ochako, I'm loving how she sounds...
But the fact we have to wait more to hear to Tsuyu ;__; I just want to hear her! best girl of the series.

May 3, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
metsujin said:
Man this reminds me so much of Naruto... nice episode.

yeah same here.

• Izuku and Katsuki = Sasuke and Naruto
  • All Might = Jiraya
  • Aizawa = Kakashi
  • Aizawa/Kakashi start by administering a seemingly impossible test
  • Izuku and Naruto are both bullied that they can't be a hero/ninja

I know I'm probably being a bit overly critical and I know I'm only 5 eps into the show right now, but I hope the show starts to be a bit more unique.
May 3, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2015
Izuku's attempts at describing things reminds me of Hinata from Haikyuu.

Go forth, little egg. Go conquer those microwaves.
May 3, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
ThorAxe911 said:
metsujin said:
Man this reminds me so much of Naruto... nice episode.

yeah same here.

• All Might = Jiraya
  • Aizawa = Kakashi

I know I'm probably being a bit overly critical and I know I'm only 5 eps into the show right now, but I hope the show starts to be a bit more unique.

You got the comparisons all wrong.

Izuku is most similar to Rock Lee not Naruto (except for the bullying part I guess)

Izuku born without a quirk, an undergod = Rock Lee unable to do ninjutsu
Izuku gets his body damaged severly by his own moves = Rock Lee after he opens the gates
both are big fans of the color green

The relationship between All Might and Izuku. And Might Guy and Rock Lee is too similar.

It really doesn't have much similarities with another series besides this due to the underdog motif.
tsudecimoMay 3, 2016 10:50 AM
May 3, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
tsudecimo said:
ThorAxe911 said:

yeah same here.

• All Might = Jiraya
  • Aizawa = Kakashi

You got the comparisons all wrong.

Izuku is most similar to Rock Lee not Naruto (except for the bullying part I guess)

Izuku born without a quirk, an undergod = Rock Lee unable to do ninjutsu
Izuku gets his body damaged severly by his own moves = Rock Lee after he opens the gates
both are big fans of the color green

The relationship between All Might and Izuku. And Might Guy and Rock Lee is too similar.

It really doesn't have much similarities with another series besides this due to the underdog motif.

You definitely raise some good points and I see where you're coming from, but I guess I'll explain my comparisons a bit. I was comparing Izuku and Katsuki because of the whole childhood friends becoming rivals thing. I compared All Might to Jiraya because they're both known as legendary heroes who eventually train the main character.
May 3, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2015
DEKU'S MUM BEST CHARACTER TBH

I'm loving every moment of this adaptation! It's so loyal to the manga it's amazing, and tbh it's giving me more of an impact than the manga as well. I'm so proud of Izuku, so proud.

I'm waiting for the people who hate Kacchan slowly be forced to love him, it happens, I'm still denying it. (Best girl Tsuyu appearance tho)

May 3, 2016 3:22 PM
Aug 2011
Something about this show doesn't do it for me.
I'm not exactly sure what it is either since I usually eat up this kind of stuff.

LordPerucho said:
My issue with Deku was mostly his seiyuu sounded cringeworthy everytime he was crying or whining.

I kind of agree, he's a bit grating sometimes.
Although those ~62 eps of Yowamushi Pedal made me get used to his seiyuu's voice.

Tsukkimaru said:
I'm waiting for the people who hate Kacchan slowly be forced to love him

Does he ever stop being a shithead?
Not that I want you to spoil anything for the people here.
standMay 3, 2016 3:29 PM
May 3, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2015
Another good episode.
May 3, 2016 6:11 PM

Jan 2013
First day of school and they are already done xD
Uraraka is back :3 Izuku can't even talk to her ahahaha
So smart! So smart! Izuku that was so smart dude, you go boy you go! He did it by simply using his full power only on his finger!!!
Izuku the finger man? ahahaha ( อก° อœส– อก°)
His teacher is di** lol

Pyrontl said:
Madara22 said:
Aizawa !! :D Also nice to see Deku using just a finger !! :D

Gotta feel sorry for Uraraka

OMG Dude i can't stop laughing ahahahahahahaha that comment xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 3, 2016 6:27 PM
Apr 2015
AivanK said:

His teacher is di** lol

His teacher is awesome. He is the reason why Izuku improved in this episode.
May 3, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
CrazyMerlyn said:

His teacher is awesome. He is the reason why Izuku improved in this episode.

Now that you say, maybe you're right but his first attitude wasn't the best.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 3, 2016 11:00 PM

Oct 2015
A-list_96 said:
Really loving the dynamic between All Might and Deku it has been my favorite thing about this show.
Other aspects of the show are definitely getting better.

LOL. He reminded me of him. Good episode with the introductions of Midoriya's classmates and their abilities.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
May 3, 2016 11:14 PM

Dec 2012
stand said:

Tsukkimaru said:
I'm waiting for the people who hate Kacchan slowly be forced to love him

Nope. I don't know what he means by saying people will love him, his personality is more or less the same. And his problems with Deku get worse if anything.

I like him as a character but he is really awful as a person.
May 3, 2016 11:43 PM
Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:
Nope. I don't know what he means by saying people will love him, his personality is more or less the same. And his problems with Deku get worse if anything.

I like him as a character but he is really awful as a person.

That's a shame.
Not that I want him to be nice but it's frustrating (to me) to see him yelling/degrading Deku for seemingly trivial things.
Though I do remember from whatever little I read of the manga that the mangaka said he purposely created his character to be really awful in that way.
Well he certainly was successful then.
standMay 3, 2016 11:51 PM
May 4, 2016 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
Another great episode, Deku looked awesome. Sure, his finger is powerful.
Aizawa is creepy, but he made a good job for his first lesson. This cancellation power seems very useful.
May 4, 2016 2:13 AM

Jan 2015
Bjartskular said:

LOL. He reminded me of him. Good episode with the introductions of Midoriya's classmates and their abilities.

Glad I'm not the only one.
May 4, 2016 4:08 AM
Jun 2015
this episode was epic ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ from zero to a hero ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„
May 4, 2016 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
Damn that was a great epsiode. Deku looked cool at that last sequence :D When he said he could still move to Eraser Head, it gave me goosebumps.
May 4, 2016 6:12 AM

Mar 2014
This anime does a really good job of making the viewer empathise with the characters. I'm loving the direction so far and it's great seeing the underdog blow everyone the fuck out!
May 4, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
stand said:

No, he's stays a shitty person but he's actually a pretty developed and complex character, it just depends on whether you are interested in him and take the time to see how he grows. I personally love him, he's actually one of and if not my favourite character, and he has plenty of room to continue to develop. (Also, his whole strife with Deku does die down, I'm not saying it disappears completely, but it definitely calms a bit)

My whole 'everyone will love him' was a bit jokey since he has grown on quite a lot of the manga readers, but of course some people will still see him as an ass (he is) and continue to dislike him, just depends on the impression he puts on you.
May 4, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
We can all agree that Izuku Deku looked totally badass at the end of the episode.

May 4, 2016 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
That homeroom teacher quickly got right into my heart, he's awesome. Creepy awesome. :D
Very nice episode. Much hero, much feels, much laugh.
May 4, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2014
This kid.. indeed. I love hype and this anime delivers.
May 5, 2016 2:27 AM

Jan 2009
aww man, this show just keeps on delivering goodness. I definitely will read the manga after this!

So many good feels =w=
May 5, 2016 11:33 PM

Mar 2009
Just chiming in to say I love Deku's mom. She's the best.
May 6, 2016 3:47 AM

Dec 2014
Typical mom but what else should a mom do you know
May 6, 2016 5:11 AM

Dec 2011
Seems they are really going slow on the pace for MHA anime.
Oh well, it is nice to see the other students too, and of course Eraser Head-sensei too. Perfectly voiced by Junichi Suwabe.
FijiMay 6, 2016 5:14 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2006
The anime started off slow, but episode 5 is really where it took off. The cast of characters, the different personalities bouncing off each other, not just Midoriya and All Might himself anymore.

I'm actually glad I read the manga first, because I definitely wouldn't have been able to sit through the 1st episode, much less to the 5th - it was that slow starting.

All things considered, this isn't AoT, Bakemonogatari, Ano Hana, Psychopass... this is Shonen. Same league as One Piece (the author once submitted OP fanart to Oda), and with inspiration from Naruto. Whoever goes in expecting deep social commentary, divisive themes, etc. is definitely setting himself up for disappointment.

It's cliche yet entertaining, which puts it in amazing territory. Would be good if the anime continues the pacing of episode 5.
May 7, 2016 2:57 AM

Feb 2014
LOOK AT MY PRECIOUS DEKU PROVING ALL THEIR SORRY BUTTS WRONG.

Ahem.. anyway. Another great ep.

5/5
May 7, 2016 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
The teacher reminds me someone from One Piece but I can't think of the character's name
May 7, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
yep they still are doing a great job with this was a little slow at the start but the fun starts here can't wait to see them in action later on
May 7, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2015
Deku made to class, Lida and Bakugou are with him too, interesting

May 7, 2016 10:33 PM
Jan 2015
I honestly think this show should speed up now at this point. My feels are starting to ran out because I want something to happen right now. We are at episode 5, and I supposed it is an ample time for the build up. Let the main firework begin.

A bit of an advertisement, here's my blog as I talk about these Spring 2016 shows. Thanks for paying a visit.
May 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Feb 2016
the attendants of ua high now have to prove themselves whether they r capable of being a hero or not, this will be determined by having them compete against each other. in this competition their abilites have to be used in the most appropriate manner which in return leads to some interesting events, for example the fact that deku now is getting a better sight of his own strenght given to him by all might.

also deku seems to be somewhat intelligent as he is able to solve the problem he was facing by sheer logic.
May 14, 2016 12:12 AM

Mar 2016
episode is so EPIC right now there are still six episodes so i have to wait for the next episodes ;-;
Jun 2, 2016 11:46 AM

Nov 2015
Aizawa is so wicked. He got things interesting when he took away midoriya's quirk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2016 9:08 PM

Apr 2016
"When did he get so cool!" —All Might(Dub), 2016

This kid uses his brains. I like that. Even I didn't figure it out as the solution.

But this show's gonna get annoying if every episode consists of him going against seemingly impossible situations.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 16, 2016 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
Aizawa Eraser Head = Kakashi

Some sudden tests and Deku manages to control his quirk a bit at the end and remains.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.