Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 7, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2016
Outstanding Last Episode.

Everything in this Episode was Epic and Dramatic.
So Goodbye Shinsengumi and Next series is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see the 4 Elite Joui Patriot and to see Takasugi and saying to Sakamoto this... (Fuc* you by Gintoki and spit Everyone to Sakamoto.)
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
May 12, 2016 8:17 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=( I got sad when I saw the ED replace the OP at the beginning </3.

Bittersweet ending for the Gintama ending.

Loved the scenes with Hijikata and Gintoki, Otae and Kondou, Sougo and Kagura.

Nobume rockssss!
May 15, 2016 10:51 PM

Sep 2014
Great last episode, now it's time to wait a year or so for the next one which may very likely be the last since the manga is apparently entering it's last arc this year and has been nothing but serious arcs. Can't really go back to how things used to be with what happened during this anime near the end and what is currently happening in the manga.

Loved this anime, though not as much as the original or gintama' but still a solid 9/10. The constant flashbacks during fights scenes really were a excessive and got very repetitive.
May 21, 2016 10:07 AM

Aug 2006
I finally watched the last 2 arcs after putting it off for months.

Now I don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I need more Gintama.
May 21, 2016 10:24 AM
May 2013
This arc is weak compared to the previous , I love to see the plot armor ruining the few things I would enjoy in this anime .
This is kinda overrated because the first 2/3 was pretty much a 5/10 at best in story,humor ,enjoyment .
May 27, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2009
10/10

omg all the ships tho lol
aaah what am i gonna do when the manga ends :'(
Jun 6, 2016 6:56 AM

May 2013
What am i gonna do with my life now? FUCK
This honestly ruined me, I don't even want to see another anime ever again, right now.
Jun 30, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent open final, in general this season was weaker than the previous seasons, especially coming from the movie.

That said though the action was pretty decent but the comedy was too repetitive.
Jul 20, 2016 12:13 AM

Nov 2014
I can't believe it's all over. I need a new season already!

Nothing will ever be the same after these past two arcs...
Hi there
Jul 23, 2016 1:16 AM

Feb 2014
What amazing ride. I'm going to miss this series, 10/10. My favorite anime of all time, going to read the manga now.
Jul 23, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2014
Oh god. I like Gintama for its comedy, but these arcs are so difficult to bear. So boring and banal. And this one was painfully long.
Jul 25, 2016 6:21 AM

Oct 2015
shinsengumi were my favorite characters with them gone gintama for me is trash. The people that i am gonna miss is katsura, kagura, hasegawa 'madao' taizou,elizabeth takasugi, hijikaka 'vice chief' toshi, yamazaki, kondo 'gorilla stalker' isao and okita 'sadist' sogo. I wont miss gintoki and shinpachi because they bored me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 26, 2016 1:35 AM

Jul 2011
Less than two months ago, I'd never seen an episode of Gintama in my life, but it had always been sitting my plan to watch list. Fast forward to today, I have now completed every episode of Gintama and the movies (excluding a few specials I plan to watch soon).

As much as I wish I gave it a chance earlier, let me just say I'm glad I finally decided to watch it. These past two months, I've laughed, cried, and enjoyed anime more than I've ever done in a very long time. People always said Gintama is one of those shows that gets better as you watch it and at certain points, I thought to myself, how can it get any better but it proved me wrong time and again. I started this season less than a week ago and just couldn't stop myself. I always say the most important thing in a show is the characters and the characters of Gintama have grown and grown on my as each episode went by.

I notice a lot of mixed opinions of this season, but I personally thought this was what Gintama needed. Call it generic, boring, your typical shounen or whatever you'd like. As much as I love the comedy, Gintama still manages to pull off these serious arcs each time. If anything, these last two arcs was just setup for what's about to come. This season was what solidified Gintama a spot in my top 5 favorites of all time and it saddens me to know I won't be able to watch a new episode of Gintama the next day. I'll be waiting patiently like many others until the day Gintama returns. The emotions I felt throughout these past 300 episodes are the reason why I continue to watch anime to this day. The laughter, the tears and everything else.

Thank you for allowing me to experience this crazy ride. Until next time Gintama.
Jul 27, 2016 1:31 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
this Shogun Assassination arc felt so odd D: ...

I mean.. the whole animation and art style felt like I watched "Bleach", the comedy felt tired and forced, the tone of everything was oddly serious. (I mean serious arcs I expect this type of animation - as seen since the start of Gintama)

But it ain't bad.. it just felt really odd and melancholic.. it was literally type of arc where everything felt so odd but solid. It's as "gintama.. is going to end now"

Got really complex feeling about this :/ .. want more epic serious arcs and nonsense comedy arcs..

But yeah.. point is.. rather then the usual epic n random nonsense Gintama it felt more as serious tone shounen plot end..

Nevertheless... loved Gintama as always.. 10/10 as a franchise. I truly hope for more epicness and nonsense to come.
Jul 31, 2016 5:27 PM
Jul 2014
Let's hope this is the last of it.

For good.
Aug 1, 2016 1:43 AM

Apr 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
Let's hope this is the last of it.

For good.

There'll be more of it hopefully especially since they teased the next arc in the final minute of this season ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 10:28 PM

Jan 2015
lihle808 said:
shinsengumi were my favorite characters with them gone gintama for me is trash. The people that i am gonna miss is katsura, kagura, hasegawa 'madao' taizou,elizabeth takasugi, hijikaka 'vice chief' toshi, yamazaki, kondo 'gorilla stalker' isao and okita 'sadist' sogo. I wont miss gintoki and shinpachi because they bored me.
Don't worry, they'll be back.
Aug 8, 2016 9:51 PM

Sep 2014
Farewell Gintama!

Kondo and Otae ship is canon now, at least that's what the future is telling me ^.^

That last second where Sakamoto, Gintoki, Katsura, and Takasugi are standing next to each other!
Sep 3, 2016 8:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful season ends, nice sentimental episode, with dramaitic situations and closing someone characters appears, but have a big problem.... I WANT MORE GINTAMA!!!! :(

Season note: 9/10.
Oct 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
Well what an epic season! The last two arcs - which can be seen as one really big arc - were really one of the best shounen arcs in my opinion (but I can understand if people don't think so - in the end, it is something about emotions and you can't argue over them). I just hope that the main story will get a proper (good) ending and that many comedy arcs or storys may follow - maybe with Sorachi as advisor? But still, we will have to wait at least until the next season.

Speaking of which, after this emotional farewell, I guess the next season will be the "Return of the Jedi" of Gintama? I will be hyped, may come whatever may come!

10/10 for me btw.
Dec 30, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2012
Very childish with tons of plotholes.
But enjoyable overoll 6/10.
Dec 30, 2016 9:14 PM

Mar 2014
AvihayAnimes said:
with tons of plotholes.
Which are? .......
Jan 4, 2017 3:05 PM
Apr 2016
I look forward to the showdown between utsuro and the cast someday.
Jan 18, 2017 12:51 PM
Oct 2014
I smell kondo x otae and sougo x kagura really hard XD
Mar 4, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
A wonderful last episode, Kondo's scene with Otae was so beautiful.
This season was amazing since the beginning. There were less comedic arcs, but even like that, I had a lot of good laugh.
For me the climax was clearly the last two arcs, they were so perfect. Seeing Sougo in trouble was so unexpected. The feeling to finally learn how Gintoki became Gintoki can't be described in words.

Beautiful season 10/10.
I'm happy to have finally caught up Gintama! Now I can start the new season :)
May 2, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2017
----
Was happy to see Otae's feeling to Kondo, and was happy to see OkiKAgu being crazy, as always.
I don't want Gintama to end.Thank you, Gintama.
This was the best thing I've ever watched, and I'm not exaggerating.
Thank you, Sorachi-sensei.
May 27, 2017 4:39 PM

Sep 2010
A+ as always. Never change Gintama
Jul 4, 2017 5:13 AM

May 2012
The best season of Gintama yet! The most character and plot development, the show will never be the same! I cried and laughed more times than I can count. 10/10

Kagura and Sougo's friendship/rivalry is beautiful! So is Toshi and Gintoki's, they're so different, yet so alike. Sadly they only realized it when it was too late.

Nov 1, 2017 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
wao this was done pretty nicely.

my usual rant: its a little too late for tae x kondo. hope he forgets that bitch lmao.
Feb 22, 2018 6:54 PM

Nov 2016
Nice conclusion to this fantastic arc.

Shinsengumi is leaving Edo and I liked their goodbye,represented by Kondou,Hijikata and Okita.

It was a great season overall,was planning to give it an 8,but the last two arcs were just fucking outstanding that I have to go for a 9.

Gintama became easily an all-time favorite.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2018 11:19 AM

Sep 2016
What a SPECTACULAR ending!!! This is how you end a Gintama season that was all action, all comedy, simply another masterpiece.

I was expecting to cry in this episode but instead looking at everyone laugh I started laughing as well, although I was a bit scared the Shinsengumi would die like the Shogun but looking at the way they showed everyone I doubt it's gonna happen ;)

And that ending announcement OwO NEXT SEASON IS HEREEE
May 14, 2018 9:45 PM
Sep 2017
Amazing season in every way.
Kondo/Otae/Shinpachi was so sweet - nice to see her showing him some respect after all he went through. Shinpachi’s comment about coming through the front door - awwwww!
Kagura/Sougo were too cute. Once again, not too sappy, because that would be weird for them, but their bond is evident. They know they have each other’s backs. <3
And Gintoki/Hijikata! I LOVED that scene of them laughing together! They really are best bros. Gin - that took some guts to eat that bowl of mayonnaise - bleahhh. LOL
I truly hope the Shinsengumi are not gone for very long next season - that would just be too damn sad. I know I’ll enjoy the show regardless, but it won’t be the same without the Gorilla, the Sadist & the Demon Vice-Chief. :(
Thank you Gintama & Sorachi sensei - you simply make me happy.
Sep 15, 2018 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Couldn't write anything to the whole season because of MAL had some problems to bring everything back up because of the new data privacy.

This season was so much fun to watch. For me as an anime only watcher a lot of things were really surprising. I didn't expect as example Gintoki fighting Takasugi so early. I went crazy when I saw that. Also Kagura vs. Kamui was nice to see.

Especially the last 20 or so episodes were just phenomenal and from episode to episode it got more intense. It was sad to see what happened to Sasaki and the shogun. I will miss the funny episodes with the shogun. :(

But who is the guy which looks like Gintokis master? I mean we saw Gintoki killing him to rescue Takasuki and Katsura. So much questions. I can't wait to see the next season. I hope some questions get answered.

Easy 10/10 for me.
Natsu88Sep 15, 2018 3:39 PM

Jan 1, 2019 3:45 AM

Dec 2012
11/10 ARC. I have no words...

Feb 4, 2019 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
Can't hate again 10/10
Mar 30, 2019 1:12 PM
Oct 2017
Gintama always hits you in the feels.
And that is what I enjoy the most about this show. The ability to make disturbingly funny characters human and making us give a shit about the "bad people" in life.
Apr 15, 2019 6:59 PM

Apr 2007
Nooooo why did Sasaki have to die too? He was a cool dude, I'll miss him ;_; This is a perfect case of 'you reap what you sow'.

After having this on hold for 4 years I finally reached the end. I knew how the Shogun Assassination arc ended, but it was still an exciting ride.
The SHOGUN KAIYOO jokes is another thing I'll miss ;_;

The Shinsengumi arc had some interesting twists, but I can never really get into any arc that focuses on them. I guess I just don't care enough. Their farewell was handled perfectly though.

And that teaser at the end!!! I've been waiting for that moment! I'll probably start that in a couple days :>
Jun 8, 2019 7:05 AM

Jul 2016
Enna said:
I finally watched the last 2 arcs after putting it off for months.

Now I don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I need more Gintama.

Jesus... the last two arcs the best of the series...
Jun 20, 2019 3:23 AM

May 2015
eyyyy another fun season.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 18, 2019 8:02 PM

Sep 2017
Now as much as I want to discuss all of the reasons why this season of Gintama was spectacular, but I have a cold, am exhausted, and understand that anyone who is watching this season likely already really enjoys Gintama. So yes, this was a great season. We got some great laughs, some great sakuga, and some great action. We're rapidly approaching the endgame of Gintama, and as bittersweet as it is, I can't wait. 10/10, obvs.

Sep 30, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
10/10 as always, so sad the shinsengumi trio won't appear in next season. See you in season 6 Toshi <3
Oct 6, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2016
What a road at first it started with messed up comedy and finished it with two arcs one better than the other, and even after all that tragedy it left me with big heartwarming smile.

RIP SHO CHAN & ISABURO... SHINSENGUMI YOU SHALL BE BACK WITH HONOR.

9/10 feels bad that it was not a 10 because of those small arc back.
Nov 8, 2019 4:08 PM

Nov 2016
This is the peak of Gintama in my opinion. I liked pretty much all of the arcs. 10/10.
Nov 22, 2019 1:20 PM
Apr 2016
Everyone gave their goodbyes, of course, in their own way. Well, a nice season I'd say, a 9/10 from me.
Nov 25, 2019 5:35 AM

Mar 2015
Easily the best Gintama season yet!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 14, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2019
I know they will come back but I felt like I'm saying goodbye to my friends.
Wonderful Arc.
Jan 14, 2020 4:35 PM

Nov 2018
This show has been one hell of a journey, I'm glad I decided to put effort into watching this show.

10/10 for this season

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 18, 2020 2:11 PM
Jan 2019
Freaking ninjas chopping down onions in my room... was the best arc ever.. beating even the Shogun's previous one... no need for more words
Mar 16, 2020 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Soooooooooo good/
Shinsengumi leaving Edo, saying goodbye to their friends and comrades.
I have a feeling we're going to start out with a timeskip next season, that should be really exciting!

What a fantastic season it's been though, so many hilarious episodes and a beyond insane two final serious arcs.

Apr 15, 2020 1:24 AM

Aug 2019
What a beautiful and bittersweet end. We start with Yamazaki's last report as an inspector. The Shinsengumi members saying goodbye to Edo and the Yorozuya in their own ways.

The scene of the Shinsengumi and Mimawarigumi members paying their respects to Isaburo and Nobume thanking for giving her the name through an email was perfectly done and very emotional. This whole episode actually was very emotional.

Seems like the KondoxOtae ship has almost become cannon and I love them. It was surprising and touching to see Otae act so solemn and with so much respect towards Kondo. Their whole goodbye scene with Shinpachi's "The next time come through the front gate" and then saluting each other just hit me with so much feels.

Of course Kagura and Sougo say goodbye in their own way by having one last fight and the "Don't lose to anyone else". Kagura managed to bring back the fire in his eyes. You can see from their smiles at the end that they respect each other and will always have each other's backs. My fav otp <3.

Gintoki and Hijikata have become such good friends. They've always been alike but never acknowledged that till now. Gintoki has had a bit of redemption by saving Kondo. In the end they eat each other's special meals. Them laughing together was so beautiful to see but it brought tears to my eyes.

I really hope the Shinsengumi will be back soon because Gintama just won't be the same without them.
This season has been fantastic. There were many hilarious arcs and episodes. And these last 2 arcs have been best ones of the whole series. The whole melancholic atmosphere, amazing character development, beautiful and heartbreaking moments, insane fight scenes, even some great comedic ones and the best character interactions ever. I cried, laughed and then cried some more. I've always loved both the comedic and serious sides of Gintama and it always delivers.
Mayo-13Apr 15, 2020 8:40 PM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tyrel - Jan 20, 2016

160 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cupc - Jul 29, 2015

125 by Jellybeanx »»
May 6, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

252 by sno0pcatt »»
May 4, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.