Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 28, 2016 5:28 AM

May 2012
Last episode was so good. i hope it get another season !!!

What happened to Hakuoro from last season ?! he did not appear at all !
Mar 28, 2016 8:31 AM
Apr 2014
Are you kidding me? While this is reasonable I still don't like it... Anything else would have been selfish of Haku but this is definitely not what I wanted to see -.-
Mar 28, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2011
I thought it was a good anime, kinda slow at times but still good.
8.5/10

Mar 28, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
alinet86 said:

Errr... Is that from the VN. Well thing is that most disappointing me in this anime is the connection between UTWR1 and this ''False Mask'' seems shallow. Even if you don't watch the 1st and watch this there's nothing that will felt left out. This more like a standalone ver. So that's why I'm angry that this is a sequel.

Except that you would have no idea who Karura and Touka are, who Kuon is, wtf Emperor even wants, what is Tuskuru, what happened to the humans in the flashbacks, etc.

I was expecting more connection to UTWR1.

They are at war with Tuskuru
They are dealing with technology and plotlines from UTWR1 like the masks.
The show's lead heroine has a direct connection to the UTWr1 plotline and characters. I mean she is
, how more major could one get.

Btw did you play the VN. I was wondering how the relationship between Ku'On and Haku in the VN. Also what do you think of the relationship between Ku'On and Haku in this anime. I sincerely thought that both of them treat each others like friend and the last scene when she's crying seems a little force.

Its the same. Kuon does not realize her actual feelings for Haku till the scene with Oboro at the end.
Mar 28, 2016 11:55 AM
Mar 2013
great thx to
Ishikami adn Fai, its like my guess but now more clear
maybe i will watch again scene of emperor flashback with haku
Mar 28, 2016 4:39 PM

Nov 2015
The feels! And my poor baby Kuon she was left alone? This was a good show, the first half wasn't as good as the second half imo

Mar 28, 2016 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
alinet86 said:

Errr... Is that from the VN. Well thing is that most disappointing me in this anime is the connection between UTWR1 and this ''False Mask'' seems shallow. Even if you don't watch the 1st and watch this there's nothing that will felt left out. This more like a standalone ver. So that's why I'm angry that this is a sequel.

Except that you would have no idea who Karura and Touka are, who Kuon is, wtf Emperor even wants, what is Tuskuru, what happened to the humans in the flashbacks, etc.

I was expecting more connection to UTWR1.

They are at war with Tuskuru
They are dealing with technology and plotlines from UTWR1 like the masks.
The show's lead heroine has a direct connection to the UTWr1 plotline and characters. I mean she is
, how more major could one get.

Btw did you play the VN. I was wondering how the relationship between Ku'On and Haku in the VN. Also what do you think of the relationship between Ku'On and Haku in this anime. I sincerely thought that both of them treat each others like friend and the last scene when she's crying seems a little force.

Its the same. Kuon does not realize her actual feelings for Haku till the scene with Oboro at the end.

Except that
- Karura and Touka didn't even play any important role in this anime.
- The emperor didn't even play important role also except starting the war and died. Yeah he want to restore humanity, but he just start the war and died. Nothing important from his part also.
- The war last two ep. and barely have any significant at all. I mean what's going on.
- The mask is a major plotline in UTWR1 but in this False Mask is just another cheap mass superweapon that are destroying the city, village, people, etc... In short it just a weapon.
- You got to be kidding right. I don't know even when did that happen. There's no way for Ku'On to have any connection from UTWR1 because Hakuro just gone to sleep in the last ep.
- But it doesn't seems natural at all. More like a forced drama to me.

>> Ok first of all I will make it clear that this is just my pov and no need to take it seriously. I'm not starting anything and didn't ask you to agree with me. But you do have to realize that the anime isn't the same as the VN. It must feel naturally for the storyline in the VN but in the anime it doesn't. And thanks for the reply. :)
Mar 28, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
The animation and characters were both very beautiful. The show, overall, slowed down a few times but still I found it engaging, and very much looked forward to it every week. But arrgh! it didn't have an end, no real conclusion, it just stopped.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 28, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't think I'd get admiration from watching this show week by week as it came out when it first started. I even put it on hold because of how annoyed I was with hak's laziness. With lowered expectations it was fun to watch but when the emperor was revealed to be haks brother with everything else to come I became interested in the show.

The last episode was very good. Left me wanting a season 3(2?) badly.

6.5/10 It was average at first but improved a lot. The second opening is one of my favorites of the season.
Mar 28, 2016 9:42 PM

Feb 2009
@alinet86
I'm actually glad that they focus mostly on the new casts instead of playing nostalgia game with the old cast and going nowhere. Uta 1's ending doesn't make it easy to just bring back Hakuoro without a third party involve, being a new generation or a new enemy. Now, that the whole game focus on the new casts, I can actually like them, if not on the same level as the old casts, at the very least close. Also, it's already a given that the final game will involve both countries heavily and all the casts will present.

Yes, the connection of between the two is subtle, but it is there. Why is Karura, and Touka is at the capital of Yamato? What is Kuron doing in another country? It's also hinted multiple times in the show that she is Hakuoro's child. Can't remember if the anime differ, but VN clearly tell that Yuzuha gave birth to a child. Tuskuru seem to not care too much about Yamato's invasion. They actually only have Benawi and Kurou deployed. Aruruu even help lead the supply group toward their base, why? Where is Eruruu? The Emperor died shortly after invading, coincidence? Who's the culprit? Does Karura and Touka know anything? They even got a secret passage to the palace after all. Why did Kuon named him Haku, and even gave him the fan?

Plenty of connections and questions that need to be answer. Also, I'm not sure why would you single Kuon out. Pretty sure they all cry and got depressed from the news, even if not shown. And believe it for not, most of the time we don't realize how precious something is to us until we lost it.
shirouxMar 28, 2016 9:46 PM
Mar 28, 2016 10:36 PM

Jan 2011
Unless this is continued it's another unfinished work that leaves so much desired it's hard to enjoy from a completed perspective, at least.
Mar 28, 2016 11:05 PM

Feb 2009
QWERTYFish25 said:
Unless this is continued it's another unfinished work that leaves so much desired it's hard to enjoy from a completed perspective, at least.
Yes, but it's almost a given that there will be a final season for this. Aquaplus is not stupid enough to left this on this deep of a cliff. At least I hope so. They could wait and then adapt 4 cours of the content at once, but 50 episodes can turn off some potential audiences. In any case, I agree that unless the final season is confirmed, this is uncompleted.
Mar 29, 2016 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
shiroux said:
@alinet86
I'm actually glad that they focus mostly on the new casts instead of playing nostalgia game with the old cast and going nowhere. Uta 1's ending doesn't make it easy to just bring back Hakuoro without a third party involve, being a new generation or a new enemy. Now, that the whole game focus on the new casts, I can actually like them, if not on the same level as the old casts, at the very least close. Also, it's already a given that the final game will involve both countries heavily and all the casts will present.

I know what you're trying to say but for now can we agree that we didn't need to watch UTWR1 and still watch this anime without finding it that confusing or missing anything. Sure if we have watch UTWR1 we know more but even if we didn't watch it nothing is felt left out.
P/s: I only watch UTWR1 after ep. 11 of False Mask and it's not because I'm confused with the story but because I want to know more since people are saying there's connection between both anime. But there's nothing big of connection. Sure if there's chance for S3 will make a bigger connection but for now there's no big deal of it right.

shiroux said:
Yes, the connection of between the two is subtle, but it is there. Why is Karura, and Touka is at the capital of Yamato? What is Kuron doing in another country? It's also hinted multiple times in the show that she is Hakuoro's child. Can't remember if the anime differ, but VN clearly tell that Yuzuha gave birth to a child. Tuskuru seem to not care too much about Yamato's invasion. They actually only have Benawi and Kurou deployed. Aruruu even help lead the supply group toward their base, why? Where is Eruruu? The Emperor died shortly after invading, coincidence? Who's the culprit? Does Karura and Touka know anything? They even got a secret passage to the palace after all. Why did Kuon named him Haku, and even gave him the fan?

I thought the anime made it clear why they were there. As for who they're who cares. They didn't even have any major role in False Mask (it will be a big deal if you watched UTWR1, but if you didn't there's nothing felt left out). UTWR1 never shown any romantic development between Hakuro and Yuzuha so that's why I said there's no way for it. If there's any, we all know it that Eruruu have a higher chance since Hakuro show more love interest in her. Unless something happen in the back which we are not shown, so I will stick with this. And for the last part ...and your point is?

shiroux said:
Plenty of connections and questions that need to be answer. Also, I'm not sure why would you single Kuon out. Pretty sure they all cry and got depressed from the news, even if not shown. And believe it for not, most of the time we don't realize how precious something is to us until we lost it.

There's a lot of connection but pretty sure there's not worth question unanswered by the end of the anime. If only you watch False Mask. But if you watched both then there's a lot of question unanswered for sure. Maybe because they singled out Ku'On herself and didn't shown the other girls crying (why would you even bother with this XD) But it really seems a little to force for me. Unlike in UTWR1 which we know how Eruruu feeling.

Thought I will put this again.
>> Ok first of all I will make it clear that this is just my pov and no need to take it seriously. I'm not starting anything and didn't ask you to agree with me. But you do have to realize that the anime isn't the same as the VN. It must feel naturally for the storyline in the VN but in the anime it doesn't. Also no confirmation for S3 ...for now. So I don't know why the big deal with False Mask is confusing if you didn't watch UTWR1. :)
Mar 29, 2016 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
alinet86 said:

- Karura and Touka didn't even play any important role in this anime.

Err, yes they did but you would not realize that without UTWR1 hence why it is a sequel.

- The emperor didn't even play important role also except starting the war and died. Yeah he want to restore humanity, but he just start the war and died. Nothing important from his part also.

Are you shitting me?
The emperor's flashback fills in the gaps to what weknow from Hakuoro in UTWR1. It also pits Yamato directly against Tuskuru and raises questions about Emperor's eventual death.

- The war last two ep. and barely have any significant at all. I mean what's going on.

Again, are you being serious?
First of all just because the campaign got interrupted does not mean the war is ended.
Second of all without UTWR1 you would not even know who Tuskuru are and why that war is one of the most important events in the both shows put together.

- The mask is a major plotline in UTWR1 but in this False Mask is just another cheap mass superweapon that are destroying the city, village, people, etc... In short it just a weapon.

ARe.
You
Joking?

The show is literally titled after that. Tuskuru are interested in that. It connects to UTWR1. It has far reaching consequences in terms of conflict and Hakuoro.

The mask was NOT a major plotline in the first show. It was just there. And it was not a "mask".

- You got to be kidding right. I don't know even when did that happen. There's no way for Ku'On to have any connection from UTWR1 because Hakuro just gone to sleep in the last ep.

You DO Realize that Hakuoro had sex with every member of his harem as the story progressed, right?
And that one of them specifically bore a child?

I mean even if you did not know that the fact that Kuon has his fan, that she knows his name, that she is from tuskuru, that she was raised by the rest of his harem, that she is considered a princess of that country, that Kurou literally says she could rip whole tuskuru in half and what she does in the previous episode makes it VERY clear who her father is.

And what she says about her mother makes it very clear who her mother is.

alinet86 said:

I know what you're trying to say but for now can we agree that we didn't need to watch UTWR1 and still watch this anime without finding it that confusing or missing anything. Sure if we have watch UTWR1 we know more but even if we didn't watch it nothing is felt left out.

Except you would literally not get what the fuck his going in the second half or why the war against Tuskuru was even started or who Kuon is or how she can literally incinerate everything in her path in a blink of an eye or what the hell is up with her and Haku and so on.
I thought the anime made it clear why they were there

Errr. No? They semi-admitted they are spies but their goal remains unclear.
As for who they're who cares. They didn't even have any major role in False Mask (it will be a big deal if you watched UTWR1, but if you didn't there's nothing felt left out).

Are you serious? They are two of Kuon's adoptive mothers and knowing their backstory and who Kuon is is crucial in understanding Kuon as a character. Without knowledge of UTWR1 Kuon is just some random girl.

UTWR1 never shown any romantic development between Hakuro and Yuzuha so that's why I said there's no way for it. If there's any, we all know it that Eruruu have a higher chance since Hakuro show more love interest in her. Unless something happen in the back which we are not shown, so I will stick with this. And for the last part ...and your point is?

Erurshit was pushed into every scene in the adaptation even where she did not have any right to be.
Yuzuha and Hakuoro's relationship is built up through his visits to her and the motivation behind what happened is quite clear.

You DO realize that Hakuoro banged his entire harem right?

Maybe because they singled out Ku'On herself and didn't shown the other girls crying (why would you even bother with this XD) But it really seems a little to force for me. Unlike in UTWR1 which we know how Eruruu feeling.

Except that we have seen others grieving in their own ways via falling back into their usual routines.
For Kuon it was different because that was the moment she literally realized her feelings for him.
Mar 29, 2016 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
- Okay first of all, I'm out of point. And I think I made it clearer what I was pointing at. It's your choice to disagree with me but I don't think you need to be so angry about it either. ໒( •́ ∧ •̀ )७
- And 2nd of all. This >>
Fai said:
You DO Realize that Hakuoro had sex with every member of his harem as the story progressed, right?
And that one of them specifically bore a child?

No I don't know that he banged all his harem members.
- 3rd and lastly nice talking to you. Thanks for replying back anyway. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

P/s: If I ever to have discussion with you again please be gentle with me and no need to get so emotional. And huhuhu... Eruruu haters. (⌯˃̶᷄ ﹏ ˂̶᷄⌯)゚
removed-userMar 29, 2016 3:29 AM
Mar 29, 2016 3:58 AM

May 2010
NRVNQSR666 said:
Felt like the anime ended before it even started, it was if the producers knew how they wanted the show to end but didn't know how to get there, so they just added whatever shit came to their head to fill the gap between the beginning and ending.Still enjoyed it though.

I wanted to play the game, but i really doubt it'll ever be released in the west, and don't even know if it is possible to translate ps3/psvita games through patches

I have exactly the same opinion! this anime was fine, the last episode was good, i'm hyped for season 3
Mar 29, 2016 5:38 AM

Oct 2012
So it seems they intentionally witheld some informations to make that into his last speech. Sadly, this speech felt artificial, like it was made only for this one purpose and to desperately convey at least some kind of impact.

I really didn't like the fact that there was no meaninful character developement for Haku throughout whole series and then this last episode came where his worldview goes like 180 degree shift and "Now I am completely different person". Precisely like that.

Also, the execution of first half of this ep.. well... Like what shit was that? "We were clueless about writing meaningful dialogues so we made most of this episode silent stills fade in/fade out on purpose?" Sorry but it didn't quite work, it felt really weird and amateurish at best. I get what they wanted to do here but I bet they confused many viewers instead.

And Munechika wtf? They don't even care to explain? (even though it was obvious she's not dead)

In the end this anime served only as promise of future deeds that may or may not come.
They tried to deliver some satisfactory closure to first half of the story and they succeeded to a point but the problem is this wasn't any closure at all, more like it's one overly stretched prelude. With really blatant cliffhanger in the end.

Nothing in comparison with first Utawarerumono.

4/10 Wouldn't watch again.
Mar 29, 2016 7:48 AM

May 2014
And...it ends where it should begin... This was a waste of time.
Mar 29, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:

I really didn't like the fact that there was no meaninful character developement for Haku throughout whole series and then this last episode came where his worldview goes like 180 degree shift and "Now I am completely different person". Precisely like that.

Except there was development as already stated multiple times.

Haku from the start would have never done a sacrifice like this nor even thought about leading armies.
And the life he built up and the family he made is what makes the sacrifice have impact.

Also, the execution of first half of this ep.. well... Like what shit was that? "We were clueless about writing meaningful dialogues so we made most of this episode silent stills fade in/fade out on purpose?" Sorry but it didn't quite work, it felt really weird and amateurish at best. I get what they wanted to do here but I bet they confused many viewers instead.

"I don't like stylized and artistic narrative, spoonfeeeed meeee"

And Munechika wtf? They don't even care to explain? (even though it was obvious she's not dead)

What there needs to be explained about her being a captive?

In the end this anime served only as promise of future deeds that may or may not come.

The anime built up Haku's character and position to rival Tuskuru and set up Kuon to want to get revenge against Yamato.

They tried to deliver some satisfactory closure to first half of the story and they succeeded to a point but the problem is this wasn't any closure at all, more like it's one overly stretched prelude. With really blatant cliffhanger in the end.

Because its a middle freaking game.

Nothing in comparison with first Utawarerumono.

You mean the one which conveniently removed characters in order to do "closure" thus creating plothole after plothole?
THe one that rushed through 52 episodes worth of content in 26?
The one which had a completely incomprehensible final arc?

raven-2112 said:
And...it ends where it should begin... This was a waste of time.

Except thats not what happened?
Mar 29, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
Fai said:
NaturalPerm said:
This was 20 episodes of useless filler content.

In this thread: Characterization and build up of contrast = Filler.

K.

Never change, MAL. Never ever change. Its all about explosions.

what characterization?

d-digging holes? haku just wants to relax!
Mar 29, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2011
The finale was actually pretty decent but everything else was shit, stupid bath fillers took like half of the episodes, much content skipped and changed from VN... (skipping hot air balloon or the lab wtf?) Terrible butchered adaptation, please someone shot the director. I can understand anime-only watchers actually praising the show but adaptation-wise it was a tragedy, just play the first game (it's fully translated) and later watch the first season to understand what a proper adaptation looks like. Of course it's not perfect either but it's much much better than this trainwreck.
ma_koMar 29, 2016 4:16 PM
Mar 29, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
FragOutFire said:
Fai said:

In this thread: Characterization and build up of contrast = Filler.

K.

Never change, MAL. Never ever change. Its all about explosions.

what characterization?

d-digging holes? haku just wants to relax!
Always a fanboy hiding in every series forum, it seems..
Mar 29, 2016 9:19 PM
Feb 2011
Ending was predictable and fairly normal for the type. Show was a 7.5 till t he last 4-5 episodes then dropped quite a bit. sitting at a 6 at the end.
Mar 29, 2016 10:53 PM

Jul 2007
ma_ko said:
The finale was actually pretty decent but everything else was shit, stupid bath fillers took like half of the episodes, much content skipped and changed from VN... (skipping hot air balloon or the lab wtf?) Terrible butchered adaptation, please someone shot the director. I can understand anime-only watchers actually praising the show but adaptation-wise it was a tragedy, just play the first game (it's fully translated) and later watch the first season to understand what a proper adaptation looks like. Of course it's not perfect either but it's much much better than this trainwreck.

Different =/= Worse.

Adaptation does not have to follow the source material exactly.

Sure it has downsides like skipping the lab or atui's personality, but otherwise its nothing that major. Its a good to okay adaptation. There have been far more butchered adaptations in last few years(ex: Ufoubw)
Mar 30, 2016 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
Better an open ending that an ending that tries to close what is yet to be told. Touching narrative, perhaps the beginning is a little unsettling, one is bewildered by the rather strange context, but then you can give a sad connotation that repays the beginning not the best hosts. The soundtrack is one of the best parts of this anime series, drawings and animations have lost quality in the season finale, but I would not criticize too much. I also liked the costume design, color design, the sets and the characters, even if they were not, the latter, exploited well. What I would like a sequel, I cross my fingers. The end from a position regarding the presence of Haku in anime series, I appreciate that clarification.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Mar 30, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
Well, the finale was good. And I'm really gonna miss Kuon.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 (or 8?) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 30, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2014
Fai, I think you're being biased because you read the novels. Let's look at this series objectively here, considering also the first season:

- First of all, it was hardly ever hinted that Kuon had any relation to Hakuoro. Okay, she had the fan (but anybody could find a fan whose owner was missing, even more so if years had passed), she knew the story (like anybody in Tuskuru) and she looked like Yuzuha and Eruru (well, I can list lots of characters that look like another but don't have any relation). When she named him Haku, I thought it was either a reboot or passed years after the first. I'd never imagine she'd be the daughter of Hakuoro because she never mentioned him as anything more than a legend from her country.

- They were dragged to the capital for no apparent reason. Alright, job for Haku, but Kuon didn't really need to stay with him anymore, then. And after all the quick thinking and intellectual capacity Haku showed, they bring him to be a waiter... Or a sewer janitor... Or a builder... Really? I know Ukon wanted to help the people, but he only shoved menial jobs onto Haku and stole the credit.

- Geez, how much nostalgia bait and how many fanservice fillers for an anime that DID have plot for 25 episodes. It was nice to see that Karura and Touka were the "mothers" of Kuon and that they were nearby, but what the heck were they doing there? Kuon indeed developed a bit of her character with her family being close, but did they really have to bring 5 old characters and 2 episodes working on a simple thing like that (and ultimately even unimportant, since when they'd explore her relation to her roots the emperor died and the plot changed direction)? And all that fujoshit made me wonder (unecessarily) if Rurutie is lesbian. They also only mentioned Atui's goal when she showed up and never brought it up again, seemed more like an excuse to bring another female to Haku's harem.

- They didn't explore enough how Haku felt about the emperor's death. I had the impression he didn't even care that much, even knowing that he wanted their connection to be kept a secret. They could've used that as a chance to explain better what Haku thought about the emperor and if he intended to follow his brother's footsteps. For all his quick wits, Haku felt more like an observer, never starting anything and never getting involved more than necessary. And they could explain better how Kuon got suspicious of Haku's sadness, that would even develop more their relationship.

- For an anime named around the masks, it just showed them as if in a museum: valuable relics to be shown to the public. Okay, they did mention why the emperor used the masks in the first place, but didn't explain what were the powers/limitations of the masks (and I agree that Haku was lazy, but I think even he would be interested in something like that), or what they mean to their users (because their users were just secondary supporting characters, anyways).

- Why the hell leave Kuon in the dark??? It's pretty cruel and hypocritical to think that your best friend, with whom you had a relationship as close as a family member and was the most dependable character in the whole series, should be left in the dark. Yeah, I know he was abdicating of his whole life to take on a role he didn't want, but Kuon would not only be able to help him very much in that end, but would also eventually put his plan at risk by finding him out, if she stayed (and he didn't foresee she leaving).
Mar 30, 2016 11:30 AM
Oct 2007
This was the exact opposite of the first series. That started good and ended bad, this started bad and ended good. 6/10 and I am being generous
Mar 30, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
Ishikami said:

- First of all, it was hardly ever hinted that Kuon had any relation to Hakuoro. Okay, she had the fan (but anybody could find a fan whose owner was missing, even more so if years had passed), she knew the story (like anybody in Tuskuru) and she looked like Yuzuha and Eruru (well, I can list lots of characters that look like another but don't have any relation). When she named him Haku, I thought it was either a reboot or passed years after the first. I'd never imagine she'd be the daughter of Hakuoro because she never mentioned him as anything more than a legend from her country.

She had his fan.
She knew the EXACT story.
She was raised by entirety of UTWR1's cast
She named Haku and indicated that name has special meaning.
She said her mother is dead and her other mothers took care of her while growing up.
She said her mother liked puzzles.
She dresses EXACTLY like Yuzuha.
She has same hairstyle, hair color, eye color as Yuzuha.
She has same ear and tail type as Yuzuha.
She travels the world.
The quotes Kurou throws towards her.
What she did last episode.
There's freaking baby in UTWR1 game's ending that Oboro takes on a journey.

Putting two and two together is quite easy.
The appearance of Karura, Touka, grown up Aruru, etc makes it clear its not a reboot.

- They were dragged to the capital for no apparent reason. Alright, job for Haku, but Kuon didn't really need to stay with him anymore, then. And after all the quick thinking and intellectual capacity Haku showed, they bring him to be a waiter... Or a sewer janitor... Or a builder... Really? I know Ukon wanted to help the people, but he only shoved menial jobs onto Haku and stole the credit.

Kuon wanted to visit it anyway as she was traveling through yamato. They went there because there was a need of people to protect Rurutie(who is one of generals daughter as it is quite clear) on her way to there. They were also transporting the twins as you see brief glimpse of them behind the curtains as they arrive.

Why Kuon stayed? Kuon felt responsible for him. She also clearly realized the connection Considering from where Haku appeared. Its indicated that she knows more than she says from the first minute they interact and its hinted that she journeys for, most likely finding a way to bring back her father or something like that. She stayed with Haku for that reason and then slowly built up actual connection to him as indicated by Karura and TOuka's reaction to them both.

Oshutoru/Ukon gave Haku all kinds of jobs - we saw him be a janitor, we saw him infiltrate a noble's betting Ring, we saw him look after the princess, we saw him get entangled in the matters of bandits and in princess kidnapping hijinks. It gives us a wide array of jobs he did.

Also yes, Oshutoru took the credit. Haku was doing what Oshutoru could not.

- Geez, how much nostalgia bait and how many fanservice fillers for an anime that DID have plot for 25 episodes. It was nice to see that Karura and Touka were the "mothers" of Kuon and that they were nearby, but what the heck were they doing there? Kuon indeed developed a bit of her character with her family being close, but did they really have to bring 5 old characters and 2 episodes working on a simple thing like that (and ultimately even unimportant, since when they'd explore her relation to her roots the emperor died and the plot changed direction)? And all that fujoshit made me wonder (unecessarily) if Rurutie is lesbian. They also only mentioned Atui's goal when she showed up and never brought it up again, seemed more like an excuse to bring another female to Haku's harem.

Middle game.

Karura and Touka being there most likely matters for next game. They explained they are spies but left their goals ambiguous for a reason. With UTWR1 info knowing that Tuskuru is interested in Yamato brings a whole new viewpoint towards Yamato's importance(and the show then explains it via Emperor).

Also its a second game. A sequel. OF course characters from UTWR1 would feature in it.

- They didn't explore enough how Haku felt about the emperor's death. I had the impression he didn't even care that much, even knowing that he wanted their connection to be kept a secret. They could've used that as a chance to explain better what Haku thought about the emperor and if he intended to follow his brother's footsteps. For all his quick wits, Haku felt more like an observer, never starting anything and never getting involved more than necessary. And they could explain better how Kuon got suspicious of Haku's sadness, that would even develop more their relationship.

Haku felt the obligation to follow Emperor's wishes. That much is made clear. End of UTWR2 puts him in position to do so eventually, which in itself puts him at odds with Tuskuru.

Kuon never knew that the emperor was his brother. She most likely had a suspicion on him being a human tho.

- For an anime named around the masks, it just showed them as if in a museum: valuable relics to be shown to the public. Okay, they did mention why the emperor used the masks in the first place, but didn't explain what were the powers/limitations of the masks (and I agree that Haku was lazy, but I think even he would be interested in something like that), or what they mean to their users (because their users were just secondary supporting characters, anyways).

We learned how masks are used.
We learned that Yamato's pillars of strength are those masks.
We learned what powers the masks have

The powers make sense - we only seen every mask wielder use specific elements - Oshutoru was water, Vurai was fire, Munechika was Earth, Mikazuchi most likely was Wind/Air.

Since the Masks are copies of genetic data of Witsurinemitea, it would make sense that their powers imitate Witsurinemitea.

Again it will delve in the next game more since the CM of the game literally has the four masks going against Witsurinemitea

The promo makes it clear that Tuskuru Vs Yamato will be the focus of the third game:

It literally mentions the truth behind the masks.

- Why the hell leave Kuon in the dark??? It's pretty cruel and hypocritical to think that your best friend, with whom you had a relationship as close as a family member and was the most dependable character in the whole series, should be left in the dark. Yeah, I know he was abdicating of his whole life to take on a role he didn't want, but Kuon would not only be able to help him very much in that end, but would also eventually put his plan at risk by finding him out, if she stayed (and he didn't foresee she leaving).

Because the moment the truth leaks to EVEN SOMEONE ELSE, he loses it all and cant do anything.
The only people who know are the ones who actually literally were by the scene of Oshutoru dying. Nekone and the twins.

He does not know that Kuon is Tuskuru's princess and most likely would want a revenge on yamato now. Now does he know about her powers. For him this most likely is the safest way for both of them - she gets to leave and go back to her family and he does not have to worry about his secret getting out.
Mar 31, 2016 3:09 AM

Oct 2012
Goukenslay said:
never played utawaremono game. from what i could tell was this like a preuel to the original anime it seemed like it since Haku becomes Hakuoro cause he's got the fan like Hakuoro had in the original anime.

Can't be cos

.____.

Poor Kuon.

I hope she brings Yamato down in the sequel. Can't wait for the VN to be out!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 31, 2016 5:11 AM

Jul 2012
I'm not usually one for the odd pace or style change of episodes in a series but this last one just felt good for some reason. It had a nice weight to it for not delving into much past a few spoken lines.

It will be nice to see how Haku will take up the mantle of Oshutoru for the people. Between getting back to understanding his past from what his brother had told him and helping the people for his friend Oshutoru, he has a lot of work ahead of him.

Who wants to bet there will be a scene that he is lazing about from all of the work and Kuon notices something about his demeanor that flashes back reminders of Haku of old.

What ever does happen a third season should be entertaining for sure.
Mar 31, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2011
First half boring as fuck
Second half was decent

RIP Oshutoru
Mar 31, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2007
lanfire said:

Who wants to bet there will be a scene that he is lazing about from all of the work and Kuon notices something about his demeanor that flashes back reminders of Haku of old.

Kuon is no longer in Yamato. She went back to Tuskuru and chances are will be participating in the war against Yamato in the next game.

It's made clear in the anime but it is made even clearer in the game where before leaving Yamato she
Mar 31, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2012
Man, I enjoyed this quite a bit, and I'm a bit sad seeing it go. I was really surprised by how they did this last episode, although I had a nagging suspicion of this "Oshutoru" not being who he said he was, seeing as how there was a bit while Oshutoru was talking with Haku about what they would do after they reunited with everyone, and I saw some white sparkles coming off of him I'll admit at first I was tricked into thinking that they were Nekone's tears because of the frame right after xD, plus I remember one of the first things I thought when Haku saw Oshutoru was that they looked alike.

Anyways I'll be hoping for an adaptation of the third game which is coming September 21 if I recall correctly. I'll also take this as my cue to go watch the original anime too~

Oh and I just realized that I somehow came into possession of the Itsuwari no Kamen PS Vita game. I guess I'll play through that later even though I won't understand a single thing actually I'll probably understand snippets from images and voice acting (seeing as how I can understand a bit of what they are saying thanks to my long anime experience xD)
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 31, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2016
What a half assed ending. If season 3 were to be aired...it will aired after most Utawarerumono Fans become Granpa/Granma or DEAD.
Apr 1, 2016 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
I personally don't get the complaints xD
I myself honestly loved it though this is definitely not a show or story for everyone to enjoy. The whole way it's presented.

There certainly was a lot of "fillers" in the first half but personally I think this was really important and this way the ending really got me personally.
We spent so much time with the characters and them doing crap and it was actually quite funny and lighthearted and in this way the seriousness really striked.
I wouldn't even go as far and calling it fillers.
Most melodrama suffers from the fact that it has "instant drama" where you do not build up any relation to the characters and therefore the drama does not get to you.
But this way you spent a lot of time with the characters in all kinds of funny and weird situations and slice of life style.
Clannad or Higurashi (visual novel) or whatever also had this "filler" content which was necessary though for the whole feeling these stories gave off later.
the fact that this show was quite lighthearted for a while and that I was so used to the character was for me personally the reason this ending got me pretty much.

Also the whole world setting and everything stays just awesome.
Sadly there are still too many mysteries and this series is more like a build-up...so as standalone or sole sequel of utawarerumono it has it's difficulties.
Hopefully we'll get the third part as anime as well so we can have the whole triology as anime ^^
Something something something
Apr 6, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
great finale imo. WAIT! there must be a thrid season right ?!! man i really hope for a third season.

overall i enjoy both cour equally. well, they put more SoL than the action, but i don't mind that or rather i really enjoy the SoL. on the other side, the action looks amazing imo. Animation looks very good too. The conclusion of the series is not an ending instead of a cliffhanger i guess ? tbh, i really like the ending. i didn't expect Haku is pretending to be Oshitoru. he even wear the mask. i wonder if he can trasform into a beast too, that would be legit! Man! i really hope for a thrid season. 9/10.

guess time to watch the first season LOL
i'm still confused about Kuon's, so i can't wait to see it :D
Apr 8, 2016 9:52 AM
Feb 2016
shiroux said:
@alinet86

Yes I would also like answers to these questions. I also got the idea that Karura and Touka had something to do with the emperors death, like why were they there in the first place, to run an inn and drink all day? No that'd be stupid. Maybe Tusukuru was plotting this all along. I mean when Kuon first saw Karura and Touka and asked what they were doing there, they just looked at each other with this weird/mysterious/suspicious look and that was never addressed again.
Hopefully there'll be a season 3 and we'll get more action from the old cast as well.
Apr 8, 2016 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
Fai said:
lanfire said:

Kuon is no longer in Yamato. She went back to Tuskuru and chances are will be participating in the war against Yamato in the next game.

It's made clear in the anime but it is made even clearer in the game where before leaving Yamato she

Seeing how the game has yet to be released I'm up for the anything can happen still. Going by last season it would fit it and be a good moment.
Apr 9, 2016 1:47 AM

Jul 2007
lanfire said:
Fai said:

Seeing how the game has yet to be released I'm up for the anything can happen still. Going by last season it would fit it and be a good moment.

Again, Its impossible because she is no longer in Yamato. She is in Tuskuru at the end of the episode.
And literally:

the next game CM that aired after this finale. The very first line is by Kuon "We are going to invade Yamato".

Frankly her finding out the truth might make it even worse. The worst thing you can do to a yandere is lie to her and hurt her the way Haku did with this move.
AhenshihaelApr 9, 2016 1:51 AM
Apr 9, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2008
I missed some things, can someone explain these?

1. What did Tusukuru do to make the Yamato's monster transformation useless in the war?
2. Oshutoru's(Haku) last speech mentioned that the emperor has been killed, how did he know the emperor was killed and not die of old age?
3. Honoka is mentioned as not human but she and her children does not have animal ears and tails?
4. Did the bird fell in love with the tiger? How dare she cheats on Haku!
LeonLanfordApr 9, 2016 11:05 AM
Apr 9, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2007
LeonLanford said:

1. What did Tusukuru do to make the Yamato's monster transformation useless in the war?

Onkamiyamukai used their magic to block the mask usage. Tuskuru dealt with the original source that masks are based upon. And via Kamyu they should know how to disable them.

2. Oshutoru's(Haku) last speech mentioned that the emperor has been killed, how did he know the emperor was killed and not die of old age?

He was bullshitting to rile up people.
Haku/Oshutoru is trying to pin Emperor's death on the pillar generals too so he gains support of the most of country to go against them.

3. Honoka is mentioned as not human but she and her children does not have animal ears and tails?

They have horns.

As far as it is known, the only human on Earth that is not a slime is Haku.
Apr 10, 2016 5:00 AM
Mar 2012
Seeing comments elsewhere, was ready for a shit end. But this one of the best ends I've seen (for the 2/3 story at least) that fits with the Utawarerumono feel. Thematically tragic how end both resonates with S1 end, and mixes with Kuon's nostalgia (recap over 2 cours) during her journey back to Tuskuru.
Oshutoru was amazing in hindsight, best pal & mentor of Haku. Gar fighter & keeps to his ideals. Her trip reminded how much the landscape was literally changed by Oshutoru, the large craters in Yamato, the cliff avalanche with the centipede. Rewatched ep2 and the sake grave custom was there, funny Haku said the same phrase as Oshutoru, but of course he won't pay lol.

First half: was confused for a moment where Kuon was heading. Alternating between her later journey & the Nekone group arrival was interesting, somewhat reflects Kuon's state of mind, confusion & disbelief, journey to search for signs of Haku, including that inn where taught him to work & read, then accepting & crying in Oboro's arms.
9:50 that lab/tower from PV.
I was sad Haku died, then got so confused when mask went off, cuz em EYEBROWS! I figured red orb was healing, but yellow magic turned out to be full disguise. Really cool his eyes turned from hazel to dark purple later. Now I'm sad for Nekone losing Oshutoru. But as @Fai said, the most tragic part was the false face Haku had to wear to save Yamato, discarding the Haku who matured from the illiterate neet over the entire journey. He is still the gutter cleaner though, handling the problems no one wants.

Already they're busying spying on capital generals & preparing for war. Kuon's gonna do something crazy it feels, hyped for September. Maybe the game will announce when's our S3.
Munechika alive yay!
Dekoponpo's house wrecked!

Overall: I liked more S1 characters, but Haku as mc was much more enjoyable & funny, more apparent growth. S2 more useless characters, tho they added comedy. I quite liked Kuon's role, Atui's accent & wonder umbrella, Kokopo & Anju's development. Both seasons are slow paced, so I think marathoning should be more enjoyable. S1 had long stretches of continuous war, became pointless after awhile. S2 the onsens were quite fine, politics fine, but too much Dekoponpo & loss of direction (the nude male party was great tho). S2 had gorgeous art but limited fights/animation. Not sure if BD changes anything. Feel my score gets biased by characters.

Oshutoru: Take some salt.
Apr 10, 2016 5:44 AM
Jul 2008
Fai said:
LeonLanford said:

Onkamiyamukai used their magic to block the mask usage. Tuskuru dealt with the original source that masks are based upon. And via Kamyu they should know how to disable them.

He was bullshitting to rile up people.
Haku/Oshutoru is trying to pin Emperor's death on the pillar generals too so he gains support of the most of country to go against them.

They have horns.

As far as it is known, the only human on Earth that is not a slime is Haku.

Thank you for replying.

So those little horns are not accesories? Hard to believe because of human ears and no tails.. I just read the utawarerumono thread in animesuki. Someone there said it's because Honoka is 'direct clone' from the emperor's wife. I don't know if it's true or not. But how come they have special powers? Are the twins' father the emperor?

I have more questions here and I believe next season will answer these(I hope)

gophercg said:

Overall: I liked more S1 characters, but Haku as mc was much more enjoyable & funny, more apparent growth. S2 more useless characters, tho they added comedy. I quite liked Kuon's role, Atui's accent & wonder umbrella, Kokopo & Anju's development. Both seasons are slow paced, so I think marathoning should be more enjoyable. S1 had long stretches of continuous war, became pointless after awhile. S2 the onsens were quite fine, politics fine, but too much Dekoponpo & loss of direction (the nude male party was great tho). S2 had gorgeous art but limited fights/animation. Not sure if BD changes anything. Feel my score gets biased by characters.

I think the only useless character is the BL princess. The bird even has more character than her
Apr 13, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
Only thing Haku manged to do is set Kuon on the path of revenge by lying to her
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Apr 14, 2016 5:51 AM

Jul 2007
LeonLanford said:

So those little horns are not accesories? Hard to believe because of human ears and no tails.. I just read the utawarerumono thread in animesuki. Someone there said it's because Honoka is 'direct clone' from the emperor's wife. I don't know if it's true or not. But how come they have special powers? Are the twins' father the emperor?

Honoka and Anju are clones made according to DNA of his deceased wife and child yes. But they are not human, even if they are based on humans. They are still animal hybrids with their own memories and lives they led that just have their appearance and personality based on the human wife and child emperor had.

I think the only useless character is the BL princess. The bird even has more character than her

She might play bigger role in next part

Takala said:
Only thing Haku manged to do is set Kuon on the path of revenge by lying to her

1. He does not know that Kuon is anything more than random civillian. He has no idea she is a princess of a whole country and pretty much a god.
2. That's kind of the point of his story? He as Haku can't change anything. He could not prevent all the horrible things happening around him and the only way he sees in being able to fix anything is by literally being someone else.
Apr 20, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
They really should have cut back on the bathing and sewage scens in the first 10-15 episodes. Showing *some* is character building, and if they use that knowledge from then later, like when travelling through the sewer to escape, it's even better.

But first of all, they've overdone it there, with a bath in at least every second episode, and second, he didn't really use that knowledge. Or we didn't see it. The sewers he was cleaning where open, not closed, and we never saw him use his knowledge. He saw a sewer entrance by chance, took minutes to decide on using it, they suddenly arrive at that one crossing where they take a short break, and next time we see them they break into a old womans house. And when they actually leave the sewers, they are still several streets away from their target (the gate), only to be led there by Vurais forces.

A sewer from such a huge city *must* drain into a river, and they did have a pretty huge river running all the way through the city. But did he use it to arrive at the docks, or to swim under the wall? Nope.

The whole escape was stupid, as they simply could have teleported away. The actions of several generals where stupid, e.g. Mikazuchi. He should have asked his brother how the "unanimous" vote came to be, with half the generals not even knowing there was a vote (Munechika, Oshutoru, Vurai, Mikazuchi). Munechika was missing in action, Oshutoru more or less lost his rank (though most still treated him like a general), Vurai couldn't care less i guess, but Mikazuchi himself clearly had strong feelings about it and is a general beyond doubt. He didn't look like he knew about it.

Actually, Dekonpopo was probably still getting carried around the city, so he didn't know about the vote, either..not that anyone cares about Dekonpopo, but technically, he is a general.

Several scenes earlier etc. where similarly stupid, with characters forgetting their abilities, or maybe suddenly trying to play fair, idk.

Like, the whole Vurai problem never was a problem. The twins can block his attacks, and as we found out now, they can seal the mask, or better, interrupt the transformation. The priest of Tuskuru can also block attacks by the mask and the twins, not that Tuskuru needs them to win.

The story never should have developed the way it did if the characters where acting consistently. The biggest violator of consistency is Haku in the end of course. He never would simply took up the mask and even deceive Kuon.

Oshutoru was never his buddy, that was Ukon (yeah, same person, but the thing is, it was not the general who was his buddy). And Kuon was far closer.And him being lazy and all, he would have found a different way.

He didn't care all that much about Yamato before anyways, even after knowing that the emperor is hs brother, even after hearing that the emperor died. He cared for his friends, but they all left Yamato.

If they hadn't all suddenly memory gaps etc., they would also have know that the outcome of Yamato vs Tuskuru was never a question. See "blocking attacks" and "sealing masks". So they could have get rid of people like Vurai, Dekonpopo or Raikou and left Oshutoro, Munechika, Soyankekuru, Miikazuchi etc. to guide Anju.

There would already be piece, everyone would still be alive, nobody would have to lie etc.

And if you want to have great conflict in your story, don't make one side totally overpowered, capable of defeating the other one without ever breaking a sweat. If you have someone totally overpowered who *forgets* to use his power (not having doubts or holding back, but simply forgets an easy, totally unbloody / clean and fast way to create a win/win situation), thats either bad storytelling, lazy writers, or both.

Overall it was still enjoyable, but it's far from being a masterpiece. And this has nothing to do with it "not being able to stand on its own" due to it being the middle piece of a trilogy, as i think it can actually stand on it own, after all, every story has to start and end *somewhere*. We know a lot about Tuskuru because of UTWR1, but UTWR1 had to start somewhere too.

If needed, they could have used the time they saved by cutting back on those onsen and sake and fujoshi scenses to explain a bit about Tuskuru etc and voilà, it can "stand on it's own".
Apr 21, 2016 2:26 AM

Jul 2007
NwAurion said:
They really should have cut back on the bathing and sewage scens in the first 10-15 episodes. Showing *some* is character building, and if they use that knowledge from then later, like when travelling through the sewer to escape, it's even better.

They could have shown some other jobs Ukon gave Haku, but the first half of the game IS pretty much Haku settling in Yamato and doing chores for Oshutoru/Ukon.

The purpose of first half is to establish a life Haku would want to protect and turning Haku towards being someone responsible and wise instead of an uncaring neet - to show him grow to care about this country and its lifestyle enough to want to throw away his entire life for it. Haku from the start of the show would absolutely not have done the things he did here.

But first of all, they've overdone it there, with a bath in at least every second episode, and second, he didn't really use that knowledge. Or we didn't see it. The sewers he was cleaning where open, not closed, and we never saw him use his knowledge. He saw a sewer entrance by chance, took minutes to decide on using it, they suddenly arrive at that one crossing where they take a short break, and next time we see them they break into a old womans house. And when they actually leave the sewers, they are still several streets away from their target (the gate), only to be led there by Vurais forces.

The very clear implication is that Haku was not doing JUST the chores we saw. Those were just examples as a lot of time passed. He had many espionage/combat encounters like the one against Dekonponpo, he was taking care of chores around the city, helping people, etc. IT was not just the jobs we saw.

Also sewers are complicated and don't just go everywhere. ITs still a very primitive form so its not like they have some secret path out of the city there.

A sewer from such a huge city *must* drain into a river, and they did have a pretty huge river running all the way through the city. But did he use it to arrive at the docks, or to swim under the wall? Nope.
It is impossible to memorize the entire plan anyway. Haku can only lead them where he knows, they cant just wander around for days. AS you said the sewers are huge.

The whole escape was stupid, as they simply could have teleported away.
Already explained last time.

The actions of several generals where stupid, e.g. Mikazuchi. He should have asked his brother how the "unanimous" vote came to be, with half the generals not even knowing there was a vote (Munechika, Oshutoru, Vurai, Mikazuchi). Munechika was missing in action, Oshutoru more or less lost his rank (though most still treated him like a general), Vurai couldn't care less i guess, but Mikazuchi himself clearly had strong feelings about it and is a general beyond doubt. He didn't look like he knew about it.

Oshutoru and Mikazuchi are not part of Pillar Generals.
Every single pillar general present did not oppose the execution. Mikazuchi helped as much as he could. Every single person involved understands that any drastic move might shatter the country into million peaces and nobody(except maybe those vying for power) would want that.

Actually, Dekonpopo was probably still getting carried around the city, so he didn't know about the vote, either..not that anyone cares about Dekonpopo, but technically, he is a general.

It was all the pillar generals except Munechika.

Several scenes earlier etc. where similarly stupid, with characters forgetting their abilities, or maybe suddenly trying to play fair, idk.

Arguments like these only work via examples.

Like, the whole Vurai problem never was a problem. The twins can block his attacks, and as we found out now, they can seal the mask, or better, interrupt the transformation. The priest of Tuskuru can also block attacks by the mask and the twins, not that Tuskuru needs them to win.

The twins only can do it under specific conditions that are yet to be explained. And as shown, the mask wearers can still bypass that block.
Those who could block them in Tuskuru, were nowhere near here.

The biggest violator of consistency is Haku in the end of course. He never would simply took up the mask and even deceive Kuon.
Oshutoru was never his buddy, that was Ukon (yeah, same person, but the thing is, it was not the general who was his buddy). And Kuon was far closer.And him being lazy and all, he would have found a different way.

He didn't care all that much about Yamato before anyways, even after knowing that the emperor is hs brother, even after hearing that the emperor died. He cared for his friends, but they all left Yamato.

Except IT IS exactly in line with his development.

The whole half the show was all about him getting accustomed to Yamato and starting to care for family and life he built there - even nearly entire cast of the family he built would be VERY strongly affected by the fall of hte nation, considering how connected to different factions they are.

He stopped being lazy by the time of Tuskuru invasion anyway. He was already going that way as shwon very clearly via his development, but Uzuruusha events made him drop that completely.

Oshutoru was Ukon for all intents and purposes for him. Two sides of same coin. Ukon was just the side Oshutoru could not display in public.

As for taking up Oshutoru's mask? Its even foreshadowed very clearly - we know that
haku is wise enough to see through court affairs and intrigue(as shown via end of princess kidnapping story in the first half) , he encountered most of generals to have an opinion on them and he actually kept saying MULTIPLE times in those last few episodes that "Oshutoru is the only way for this country to survive". He was willing to bet his life on that in the jail cell

And Kuon - well neither realized how much they cared for each other till it was too late, but it made sense for Haku to do what he did - that was the only way to protect the secret of Oshutoru's death(By limiting those who know to ONLY those that were there when he died) and for all he knows Kuon is just some girl from another country - she would be far more safer gong back there before Haku starts what essentially is civil war for unification of country.
Not to mention that Kuon would in no way agree with a lot of things that Haku, as Oshutoru, would have to do. Or even what Haku still has to do - he is still carrying his brother's will at recreating humanity and for that, invading Tuskuru would still be needed. As he said "his path now is one of war".

If they hadn't all suddenly memory gaps etc., they would also have know that the outcome of Yamato vs Tuskuru was never a question. See "blocking attacks" and "sealing masks". So they could have get rid of people like Vurai, Dekonpopo or Raikou and left Oshutoro, Munechika, Soyankekuru, Miikazuchi etc. to guide Anju.

The outcome was in question in the long term.

There's no guarantee tuskuru can survive entirety of Yamato thrown at them - Yamato is at least ten to fifty times bigger than Tuskuru and is far more technologically advanced than Tuskuru. And Yamato's people would not just follow some random princess or something. Oshutoru was a man of the people. He is closest to the kind of highly regarded individual that peasants would die for. Without Oshutoru it would be VERY hard to get support for Anju and only prolong the war, causing rebellions and shit.

Also Tuskuru would never help someone who literally helped in the invasion of their land. At best it would have thrown tuskuru into its own Civil War too.

There would already be piece, everyone would still be alive, nobody would have to lie etc.

As already explained, not that easy.

And if you want to have great conflict in your story, don't make one side totally overpowered, capable of defeating the other one without ever breaking a sweat. If you have someone totally overpowered who *forgets* to use his power (not having doubts or holding back, but simply forgets an easy, totally unbloody / clean and fast way to create a win/win situation), thats either bad storytelling, lazy writers, or both.

Neither side is overpowered. AS it stands, Tuskuru has the tactics, but Yamato has both technology and the numbers at their advantage.

If needed, they could have used the time they saved by cutting back on those onsen and sake and fujoshi scenses to explain a bit about Tuskuru etc and voilà, it can "stand on it's own".

It absolutely can't since this is direct continuation dealing with same themes.
It would take half a season to explain what Kuon, is, how gods work, what Onkamiyamukai are, how Tuskuru was formed, who was Hakuoro, what masks are based on etc, to the point that there would be no time left for Yamato.

First game built up Tuskuru.
Second Game built up Yamato.
Third game will throw both at each other.
Apr 28, 2016 11:42 AM

Oct 2010
Damn... I don't play the VN, and for that I think I don't understand a lot of things, and others are embedded in the series in an rough scenes. Like the one and only ep about the origins of Haku. That was like mind blowing... But sadly, too rush I think.
For the people who don't know the VN (like me) , I think it's not a very good adaptation... I think the VN maybe is a very good story, but I don't know to think about it now.

The first episodes was fun, then a lot of episodes of nonsense, and the final episodes trying to do all the actual plot... Man I really don't like the final episode of this, but I understand if the people who know the VN like it. Because they gonna know it.

Obviously I need to watch the next season, and I have hope for what it could happen with the main protagonists ... Man... Kuon.. Haku... Arghhh.. XD
(sorry for my English xD)
Apr 28, 2016 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
I didn't think the rest of the characters will stay... Like the twins. 7/10 also waiting for the 3nd season. And of course Munechika Survived... Kurou won't deny a beauty is right?
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

96 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.