Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2015 7:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Enjoyable final episode. The battle was intense, albeit short. Can't believe he asked Stella to marry him. There goes a chance for a harem. But seriously, I knew this was a romance and not a harem. Such a shame since Yuri-chan and Nene-chan are so perfect.

Man, I feel bad for Ikki's sister. She got the shaft the entire season. This was a big "fuck you" to the face.

Overall, I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. This is definitely the best of the season for its genre. Main character wasn't boring, there was a genuine relationship, the plot was alright, the art and animation were pretty good too. Overall I give it an 8/10. I'd like to see a second season.
Dec 19, 2015 7:45 PM

Jun 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Grey-Zone said:

Yea and the usual Amazon "stalker points" can't be trusted here, because of the bonus merchandise people get from getting it from certain different stores than Amazon, so we probably won't know the results until the figures that include those sales are available.

Oh and the score is still rising. It was at 7.68 right before subs were released, around 7.71 2-3 hours ago and has now reached 7.73
Projected sale is 3k. Though I'm quite optimist it would sold more.

Last I checked Stalker points for Rakudai were predicting around 4k+. Knowing how its turned out the last couple seasons with well received series, generally SPs end up under-predicting. I'd hazard a guess that Rakudai hits between 5-6k, if it's super, super lucky, maybe it'll get above 7k, but unlikely. Which it will probably sell enough to break even at a minimum in 2016. Whether or not that translates to more seasons... Iunno.

Grey-Zone said:
Rime55 said:
I noticed that before Ep 12 aired, the average jumped up from 7.59 to 7.66. I wonder what led to that sudden increase because it happened way after Ep 11 aired...

And yeah, if the reception to the last episode in Japan correlates to the general reception here, then sales should be pretty good.

I think it was the moment when the status of the series was changed to "completed". That causes ratings that are based on less than 1/5th (or so) of the series to be ignored, so people who dropped it withing the first 2 (or so) episodes with a low ranking are no longer included in the score.

It's probably because a lot of people withhold their scores until finishing the series, whereas there's going to be more people early that rate it low, especially if they drop it. People also update their scores at the end, and Rakudai started out weaker than it finished. There's a small chance the average rating might actually increase even higher and get near 8 over the next few days.
Dec 19, 2015 8:01 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, his dad is a trash. Just for letting it happen he's a trash. I don't care if he have a reason for all this, it's probably a shitty reason anyway. But he got rekt by Stella dad. Must hurt the ego.

That last episode was awesome. Seeing that neckbeard get a sword in the face was hilarious. Went flying right to the crowd. That was pretty satisfying.

Poor Ikki, he did look like a trash when he fell on Shizuku. He looked like he hadn't eat in days. It's a bit odd how he changed quickly from dried lips and rash skin to badass Ikki, but oh well, anime power I guess.

That show went beyond my expectation. I really expected it to become a harem show, but I guess episode 4 is what made things different. Thank god it wasn't a harem show.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 19, 2015 8:08 PM

Aug 2013
Really a great end to this adaptation, quite exciting episode, especially after the struggle of Ikki with Touka, even much hurt Ikki showed incredible strength and technique at the last moment, which expected a turnaround of a protagonist, and after that a beautiful statement of Ikki to Stella, the romance was great in the anime and development proved to be very good by the end

In my opinion this was one of the best anime of the season, I expected a more faithful adaptation of the LN, but the development of the anime was also good, I have read and I really like the LN, and I was not disappointed in the anime, good soundtrack and I enjoyed the art, I certainly recommend this anime and I'm already waiting for a next season ..
Dec 19, 2015 8:39 PM
Jan 2014
After reading some of the post I've started to really wonder what people who hated this episode and the anime in general were expecting. I mean, with the genres Action/romance/Ecchi among some others you couldnt posibly expect longer or more complicated fights than this, you have a few awesome anime like Hunter X Hunter and Fate UBW for that. Also, since the source material is a LN, the real focus in the fights are the inner weavings and thoughts of the protagonists and not the actual sword play, since reading about swords clashing can get boring.

That being said I personally find this show the best in these type of anime, the romance was fast paced for a chance, the fights were surprisingly good but they are not ment to be long, since one of the main points in the anime is the fact that in order to win despite being talentless he puts all he has in one minute to beat oponents that can display their abilities for a longer time, hence "my strongest will beat your strongest". In that sense, i really liked the last fight, since we had already seen ikki fight a few drawn out fights and we had seen the same kind of fight in touka vs shizuki, so in the end it was nice to see Ikki put all in a few secods instead of a minute (I had been wondering what would happen if he did from the first episode).
So in the end, If you really expected anything better than what we got, which was a biased 10 for me, you should stay away from magic school romances all together.
Dec 19, 2015 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
Great ending, for great series
Dec 19, 2015 8:59 PM
Dec 2015
gotta say that i was hoping for a much longer fight between ikki and toda, especially after how awesome shizuku and toda's fight was!! but still itto shura looked awesome and glad he won!

hope there will be a second season!!!!
Dec 19, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
That was a really good ending. I can't believe he proposed - first time I have seen that in anime. All the feelings were great.
Dec 19, 2015 9:22 PM

Nov 2014
An awesome finale... The proposal scene was so cute and it caught me off guard. I hope it gets a second season
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Dec 19, 2015 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
PericlesD said:
I must have to admit, started watching this series without much expectation but... really catched me along the season, I enjoyed.. let's hope for a sequel

Pretty much my take. Pegged this to be pretty mediocre but it surprised me in being fairly interesting with a good couple pairing. I liked the MC and the transpiring events were not complete eye rolls. For a show of this make and model it is a highlight.
Dec 19, 2015 9:42 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was BEAST! Ikki's "Itto Shura" was fcking cool as, haha, so was Todo with her Raikiri.

Ikki's proposal to Stella... was sweet as, so many good moments.

Glad that fatass's ass got kicked.

I want to know what happens next, season 2? Because I cbs reading novel.
Dec 19, 2015 10:07 PM

May 2015
just amazing ep..

also wtf.. ikki propose to stella when still at 1st hghschool grade

on tv....

no more comment 5/5
Dec 19, 2015 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
The underdog rising up, going all badass after facing tough trials, and getting the girl in the end. And the douchebags getting shunned (The fat penguin getting unceremoniously beat up, while Ikki's dad getting berated by his son's girlfriend's dad) as they should. Yup, pretty good, I loved this anime.

This anime was quite similar to Gakusen Toshi Asterisk in some aspects, but I felt that this one delivered better.
Dec 19, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2014
sweet ending..

Season 2 pls

read from right to left
Dec 19, 2015 10:56 PM
Sep 2014
Madlib said:
I wanted the fight to be longer to be honest. After seeing Ikki's sister fight against Touka I was expecting this fight to surpass that one, but it was good to see Ikki win after all the shit he went through. Hoping this gets a second season.

He wouldn't have lasted if it went on longer. He was suffering from exhaustion and malnutrition as a result of Akaza's scheming.
Dec 19, 2015 11:14 PM

Dec 2009
BGMaxie said:
I gave this an 8/10, same as where i stand with Asterisk.
I wonder. I discarded Asterisk for I left it didn't have as much of an impact in terms of the characters, their development, their struggle and their interactions.
On those aspects Rakudai is A LOT better than Asterisk and it should be by all means better.[/quote]By presentation, i mean it's got cleaner art, animation, backgrounds, atmosphere. It's more akiba-oriented. They ended up being made for totally different crowds despite initial similarities. Cavalry had a bit more of a western taste to it: grittier, full romantic relationship build up... Asterisk is a lot more light and fluffy with touchey feely effeminate plots and gentle personalities, it's more oriented to the kinds of people who like colourful cutesy archetypal stuff. It's actually weird how different they can be despite how many parallelisms they had. Asterisk had hype, budget and pre-fame, it's also been around longer. Did i mention Asterisk is cuter (motto kawaii)?

Also, i have a strong feeling that these two series were aired together in order to create conversation and competition.

renaiyuusha said:
also wtf.. ikki propose to stella when still at 1st hghschool grade
You must be ignorant of all things not current. In all of history, and actually in nature too, it's weird to pair up so late in life like we do today. Too many worldly (and therefore emotional) problems now. Purer people be totally ready to propose at that age.

PS: for anyone talking about the final match: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SingleStrokeBattle you can go down to the bottom and look at Real Life examples if you want.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flynning this is what we see on tv all the time. very unrealistic.
GenesisAriaDec 19, 2015 11:20 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 20, 2015 1:12 AM

Feb 2012
was hoping to see an awesome fight.. but oh well. I'm staggered by the fact on how weak he was initially, then was able to beat one of the strongest without even having any powers.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 20, 2015 1:56 AM

Mar 2012
I was going to give this an 8/10 but that last minutes i had to give it a 9...HAHA one of the best of the fall.

Also i am happy to see so many comments saying that this series is far better than they thought it would be ...even those who find it bad admit..it is far better than most other battle tournament, ecchi, romance series.

The key ingredients that makes this series far better than the rest are: The Romance Development, The Character Development and breaking a lot of the genre's cliche.

I am doing my part and getting this when Sentai releases it...i hope it does get a S2 but if not i am happy with this as it ended a lot more conclusive than most other Light Novels adaptation even if they ended just before the actual tournament starts....i mean cmon you have LN that take the whole course of the series just to have them hook up...let alone a proposal. at the very least i hope the LNgets official translated.

9/10 i would give it the title of greatest Dark Horse of 2015.
Dec 20, 2015 2:15 AM

Dec 2009
Except it wasn't a dark horse, it's a very familiar LN.

Dec 20, 2015 2:19 AM

Mar 2012
GenesisAria said:
Except it wasn't a dark horse, it's a very familiar LN.

By That i mean a series u did not expect to get so much good reception..you know how much backlash it had when it first premiered but than by the end it has received a lot more good attention than it was ever expected.
Dec 20, 2015 2:19 AM

Dec 2014
the way ikki suffered through out the show was unbearable. Good to see the awesome yet fulfilling ending
Dec 20, 2015 2:21 AM

Dec 2009
Oh you know what's a perfect parallelism?

Asterisk vs Cavalry

Sword Art vs Log Horizon.

left has better production and art, right has a better plot.

Then begs the question: WHY CAN'T WE HAVE BOTH!? lol
GenesisAriaDec 20, 2015 2:27 AM

Dec 20, 2015 2:26 AM

Sep 2013
Well, in terms of development, this anime doesn't screw around.
Dec 20, 2015 3:30 AM

Aug 2014
That was a strong last episode. The hype for the battle was much more than the actual battle, and I really didn't expect an exhausted Ikki to one-shot Touka, but that's not to say it wasn't good - in fact, it was executed very nice, and it was probably the most realistic battle in this show (in the sense that real battles last just as long). Glad that fat idiot got blown away.

I honestly never expected for Ikki to propose. It was a cute moment, I've gotta admit. It doesn't really look like this will get a second season, since we didn't get nearly as much bait as we did with Asterisk.

- Story was actually sub-par, but still somewhat acceptable
- Characters were nice. Even though I still don't really like Stella, the stupid tsundere act was gone with episode 2. Ikki is cool, despite seeming a bit too perfect and gentlemanly - acts more like an elder than a teenager. Shizuku is my favorite female, mostly because the show handles incest maturely - she sees he doesn't love her back and let's him go, despite not giving up. Alice is a very interesting character, would've liked to see what he does in the tournament. Touka is awesome.
- Animation was okay to good. Same with Art.
- Soundtrack wasn't really up my alley, though that acoustic guitar in the last episode was nice.
- Enjoyment was above average.

I'll score this higher than Asterisk mostly because of the nearly brilliant last episode.

Final episode: 5/5
Series overall: 7.5/10

Not sure if I'll display it as a 7 or an 8 in MAL. It just kinda lacks that special spark that makes me rate a show an 8. Oh well, still a good anime.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 20, 2015 3:46 AM
Dec 2011
Series average score keeps increasing after the final episode. It's already in the top 1000 and it may soon reach 8.0
Dec 20, 2015 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
He....HE PROPOSED. HE DID IT! Ikki just skyrocketed into my top favourite MCs for having balls of steel. I now am gonna wait for a 2nd season
Dec 20, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
Damn the buildup was so intense!

I honestly wanted a longer fight scene (because Toka vs Shizuku), but I almost forgot his special ability has limitations (he's like one-slash man lol). Plus he was all worn-out, dragging the match would actually be insulting for his enemy.

I'm glad they made it up with that charging, all-out vein popping strike!

Great episode, as far as finishing touches go, and overall not-so-bad series!

Dec 20, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, Sakai Mikio's other song in the アイデンティティ single is there as an insert song! Cool fight, great ending. Deserves no less than 7/10 for being enjoyable, no matter the numerous flaws.

They skipped showing Alice's true identity? It's second season material, yeah, but it was on this third volume, se it was possible for them to add a scene of his revelation. But all well that ends well, they also cut Touka's master saying it was the most beautiful Raikiri she has ever done, which I believe was an important quote. Not disappointed in the slightest, however.
Dec 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2014
Silent7 said:
Oh, Sakai Mikio's other song in the アイデンティティ single is there as an insert song! Cool fight, great ending. Deserves no less than 7/10 for being enjoyable, no matter the numerous flaws.

They skipped showing Alice's true identity? It's second season material, yeah, but it was on this third volume, se it was possible for them to add a scene of his revelation. But all well that ends well, they also cut Touka's master saying it was the most beautiful Raikiri she has ever done, which I believe was an important quote. Not disappointed in the slightest, however.

There was a scene from Alice's final battle where you could see an "evil version" of Alice in a reflection.

EDIT: here it is:

Hibernape said:

Jesus christ, that is actually terrifying. I really wish we'd seen Alice fight even once.
[...]
Dec 20, 2015 4:44 AM

Aug 2014
Honestly, this is a good anime that deserves praise by setting itself apart in the Romance Category. Nowadays, we have dense/wimp main characters who don't chose anyone even though the girls are all over it.Anyways, the fights scenes were gloriously animated as well as the character designs which I got to admit Stella Vermillion is one of the most beautiful characters that I have seen animated till date. What makes it even better is that it sets itself apart with an interesting story about an Underdog who comes back and kicks everyone's ass and gets the girl lol. Btw, we still haven't seen Stella go all out huh? That proposal and Stella beating the sh*t out of the fat guy was something good to watch lol.. Would be awesome to watch season 2, but we shall wait and see.Final Score 8/10-8.5/10. Please do not compare this show to Asterisk, it is an insult to both studios and to the authors.
Dec 20, 2015 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
The fights were definitely fun to watch. It's too bad I didn't find the other stuff enjoyable.

6/10
Dec 20, 2015 5:21 AM

Nov 2015
Good news guys :)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EIjPfAvgrBc/VnU4ETE0JqI/AAAAAAAA5SU/PdLJQRp7bJo/s16000-Ic42/011.jpg
TV Anime Very popular
And Manga sold 1.3 m copies . :)
Dec 20, 2015 5:26 AM

Oct 2014
ExxBlack said:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EIjPfAvgrBc/VnU4ETE0JqI/AAAAAAAA5SU/PdLJQRp7bJo/s16000-Ic42/011.jpg
TV Anime Very popular

I think the 1.3 million copies refer to the total LN sales, not the manga version.
Dec 20, 2015 5:38 AM

Feb 2015
ExxBlack said:
TV Anime Very popular

You sir made my day even that much better.
I have to say, when I finished checking out the pre-order for Vol.1 and Vol.2 this was the first time when I acted like a kid, I was super excited.
Dec 20, 2015 5:40 AM
Dec 2011
Grey-Zone said:
ExxBlack said:
Good news guys :)<br />
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EIjPfAvgrBc/VnU4ETE0JqI/AAAAAAAA5SU/PdLJQRp7bJo/s16000-Ic42/011.jpg<br />
TV Anime Very popular<br />
<br />
<br />
I think the 1.3 million copies refer to the total LN sales, not the manga version.

To be precise it's LN and manga copies in print.
Dec 20, 2015 5:43 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, as I said in my first review, this show had the potential to break the formula and, although it didn't, the last two episodes were great and the anime ended much better than how it started. However, we're not analising the LN or the manga here, and many of the events seem rushed, so I'll update my review and mention my final thoughts. 4/10 for me, but it's still one of the best of its genre.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Dec 20, 2015 6:13 AM
Nov 2015
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Dec 20, 2015 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
In the end it was still just a magic high fighting tournament show with the only difference being that there's an actual relationship to it. Action was mostly decent even though i don't like these kind of off screen fights like the last one. 2 ppl running at each other, screen turns black and you get the result. Blegh. Follow through will you?
Still one of the okay titles in its genre
5/10
Dec 20, 2015 6:30 AM

Dec 2010
A fittingly terrible end to a terrible show.

They didn't even bother to animate the climatic one and only blow of the Ikki vs Todo battle. Instead, viewers are shown a white screen before we see Todo falling over.

What an anti-climatic rip-off.
Dec 20, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2015
i didn't expect much, i didn't get much. though i kinda liked it up to episode 10, but afterwards they completly fucked it up - money shortage?!

btw. the fight against touka - what was that? too lazy to even animate a "one hit"?

hopefully we won't see another season....lol. i already know that we won't :D

Dec 20, 2015 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
All single stroke battle are like that no matter what the series is.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 20, 2015 7:08 AM

Jun 2015
I thought there were
Dec 20, 2015 7:13 AM

Mar 2012
Dean_cross said:
I thought there were
There are only six. Hagure sisters Kikyou and Botan, Kanata, Alice, Stella and Ikki.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 20, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
That old brag got slashed by Stella, i don't know but i felt very good! XD

8/10 - whole series :D
Dec 20, 2015 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about this anime overall:

Looks like Ikki got a lot of people who recognizes his true skills, power and ability.
He's really not alone now because he got Shizuku and of course her girlfriend Stella. And that fight was fucking quick!
And I'm really gonna miss this anime, I hope there will be a sequel!. Anyway I'll rate this anime a 8 (or 9) score overall.
Lastly I'll gonna wait for the BD Version of this and I hope it got some free nipples and extra lewdness!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 20, 2015 7:39 AM
Apr 2015
The quick fight was an interesting choice. I didn't really mind it, even though it might just the result of the budget getting tight at the end of production. I didn't really like the crowd of people cheering him into the stadium but eh, it didn't go for too long so I wasn't too put-off by it.

I enjoyed this anime (or at least after episode 4, before it seemed to be meandering around uncertainly). It was intense and a good mixture of action and romance for the most part. Episode 4 was really good, the fanservice involved some interesting character development (and not just BOOBS EVERYWHERE), and both the action and romance were balanced well. I'll hope for a second season because this plot clearly has some ways to go and enough wiggle room to explore sub-plots. 8/10, probably up to a 9 if the beginning was more interesting. I'm glad I stuck with this one.
Dec 20, 2015 9:14 AM

Jul 2015
It was realy good, it need a season 2, i want a season 2 too much !
Dec 20, 2015 9:33 AM

Aug 2012
This anime was 100x times better than Asteriks
Dec 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Silent7 said:

There was a scene from Alice's final battle where you could see an "evil version" of Alice in a reflection.

EDIT: here it is:

Hibernape said:

Jesus christ, that is actually terrifying. I really wish we'd seen Alice fight even once.
[...]

Shit, that's a nice catch. Mother fucker looks evil. I bet that mother fucker backstabs somebody in the future, creepy bastard.
Dec 20, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
everyone was cheering him to fight how nice the fight was short but goddamn that animation was awesome!! that fat faggot got what he deserve
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

282 by LordRelictor »»
May 26, 7:14 AM

» Anime Recommendation

lightning_angad7 - May 11

17 by vinayak6226 »»
May 21, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.