Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
error5000 said:
The fight between genos and saitama was way more epic than the manga, the animation was gorgeus

Thank you Madhouse!
Nov 1, 2015 6:01 PM

Jul 2015
zXReMXz said:
Saitama + Genos = the most beautifully animated fight scene of the year.
Enough said. 10/10.

Amen!!!
Nov 1, 2015 6:07 PM
Mar 2014
I didn't mind the anime-only bits too much, since it was mostly just doing a little bit of continuity cleaning for later. Which, since they're bothering to show it definitely means they WILL do a season 2 at some point, since the possible continuity error (it wasn't so much an error, they simply didn't bother to explain it) they're fixing doesn't happen till nearly the end of the hero hunter arc (even the manga hasn't gotten that far yet).
ZanathKariashiNov 1, 2015 6:11 PM
Nov 1, 2015 6:17 PM

Jun 2015
[size=90]amazing episode, fight scene was insane 5/5

JESUS CRHRIST

Nov 1, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
This series has been consistently hilarious and entertaining.

Loved the spar between Saitama and Genos.

Also really digging the soundtrack and voice acting.
Nov 1, 2015 6:37 PM

Feb 2015
Poor Saitama only getting rank c.

The fight was dope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 6:43 PM

Dec 2014
The hero association was basically founded because of Saitama. Anyways great ep.

Join reddit r/anime community!
Nov 1, 2015 7:17 PM
Aug 2011
The whack-a-mole tho (and Oppai hoodie <33).
They are polar opposites when they are clothed and naked lmao.

Great stuff during that fight but can I also mention that Saitama's and Genos' interactions in that fight were perfect. ;~;

You slowly begin to see that it's not just 1 one punch man but rather 2 dorks dudes who actually really work well together.
This is the kind of camaraderie I love.
standNov 1, 2015 7:21 PM
Nov 1, 2015 7:20 PM

Jun 2015
Oh woww I didn't even realize that, the grand son was the one Saitama saved...damn.
Nov 1, 2015 7:21 PM

May 2014
Where's my bro Emiya Shirou Hero Rank SS ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 7:36 PM

Jan 2015
OrangeJP said:
First thing that came to mind:

Same
Nov 1, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
I loved the action, I looked like a 5 year old at the biggest candy shop while watching this.
Nov 1, 2015 7:47 PM

Sep 2013
I'm speechless. If Dragon Ball Super had this production value...
Nov 1, 2015 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
That was an amazing episode.

Loevd the part with Saitama taking the test and just destroying everything.

The sparing between him and Genos was amazing.
Nov 1, 2015 7:54 PM

Mar 2015
One Punch Man does deserve the hype... that battle was awesome and stunning.

But Saitama in C rank? Lol, biggest mistake of the association.

The post-credit scene... I can't stop laughing. Genos paid in tons of cash and Saitama accept him easily.

Nov 1, 2015 8:02 PM

Feb 2014
My man was about to blow Genos into another dimension it would have been ridiculous

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Nov 1, 2015 8:08 PM

Dec 2014
When will the main girl appear?
Saitama needs some love... XD
Pls don't say Genos...
Although it is possible he is hiding an onahole...
XD
Nov 1, 2015 8:14 PM
Mar 2014
What you talking about, the wife and the mistress have already appeared.

Though if you mean plot...episode 11 or 12.

if you want justice...episode 8 or 9.
Nov 1, 2015 8:23 PM
Sep 2014
This episode was a master piece.
That's it. If I needed to tell someone to watch any episode of any anime ever so they could understand why I love this medium, this would be it.

Nov 1, 2015 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THAT MOVEMENT. THAT SPEED. THAT SHIRT (reference to Oppai/boobs with the design)

Saitama is freaking insane when it comes to being ripped and doing superhuman things. Loved his and Geno's chemistry this episode lol. Great amount of comedy, poses, and it's nice to see Sweet Mask make his appearance.

Definitely nice to see Genos and Saitama in epic action, never gets old :D

Saitama's face me me laugh like fuck lmfao
Nov 1, 2015 8:39 PM
Jun 2015
to mangareaders...chill out....they did an amazing job to create such a godlike animation.....p/s:i read the manga too
Nov 1, 2015 8:52 PM

Apr 2014
Hongu said:
Z4k said:

No I mean he was flying left and right during the scene in the sky before he had any contact with Genos. Go watch it again.
No, you watch it again. He was not flying, he just jumped on some rocks in midair and propelled off of it to evade Genos' blasts.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1DRLsUR.png[img]

No I'm talking about this part.

As you can see, there's no rocks in midair so he's clearly flying during that specific scene in the air. But I guess like ichii said the animators probably took some liberties to make the fight look cooler.
Z4KNov 1, 2015 8:56 PM
Nov 1, 2015 9:04 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
As you can see, there's no rocks in midair so he's clearly flying during that specific scene in the air. But I guess like ichii said the animators probably took some liberties to make the fight look cooler.

As I said, he is "windwalking" (pushing the air away with his legs and propelling himself like that).
Nov 1, 2015 9:07 PM

Jul 2014
The comedy is good, but that fight scene... Holy shit...
Nov 1, 2015 9:07 PM

Sep 2015
DEATH
Nov 1, 2015 9:13 PM

Apr 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Z4k said:

As I said, he is "windwalking" (pushing the air away with his legs and propelling himself like that).

Do you have any proof he did that? Like any panels in the manga or any screenshot from the anime? If not then you're just making this up.
Nov 1, 2015 9:26 PM

Jan 2015
Glad to see the iconic oppai hoodie :D

Saitama VS Genos was the fight I was looking most forward to behind
and it was just as amazing as I was hoping it would be! Madhouse is definitely my favourite anime studio!
Nov 1, 2015 9:29 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Grey-Zone said:

Do you have any proof he did that? Like any panels in the manga or any screenshot from the anime? If not then you're just making this up.

He is doing it in the OP too (in the Orbit of earth, which (don't kill me if I got this wrong) still has some air). Also I gave a possible in-universe explanation. What you said about it being an oversight is a "meta" explanation, which should only be used once there are no possibilities left. But as long as there is a possible explanation, you can't just dismiss it by saying "it was an oversight, lol". You should argue in-universe with other in-universe instead of resorting to meta.

He did the "sidesteps" in this episode. If you imagine him doing sidesteps in midair, then what you saw is the result. You could even go as far as to say that he was sub-conciously drawing "S", because he was still salty that he only got C class.
Grey-ZoneNov 1, 2015 9:37 PM
Nov 1, 2015 9:30 PM

Nov 2007
And in some other threads, people were saying WOW! Silver Link sure knows how to animate fight scenes. Lel.

I can't believe they created this idiotic association which was based on Saitama saving that kid three years back.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 1, 2015 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Genos and Saitama fight didn't go like as in manga but the fight was epic and the OST too. :>
Nov 1, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Z4k said:

He is doing it in the OP too (in the Orbit of earth, which (don't kill me if I got this wrong) still has some air). Also I gave a possible in-universe explanation. What you said about it being an oversight is a "meta" explanation, which should only be used once there are no possibilities left. But as long as there is a possible explanation, you can't just dismiss it by saying "it was an oversight, lol". You should argue in-universe with other in-universe instead of resorting to meta.

He did the "sidesteps" in this episode. If you imagine him doing sidesteps in midair, then what you saw is the result. You could even go as far as to say that he was sub-conciously drawing "S", because he was still salty that he only got C class.

since that guy haven't read the manga, i just leave this chap here, hope it can help: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---040--?id=182711
Nov 1, 2015 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Z4k said:

Possible in-universe explanation my ass. You're just making this up and if there were any possibilities, then you should have presented some proofs from the manga or the anime which showed similar scenes.

Just admit the animators took some liberties to make the fight look cool. No need to make absurd explanations to cover up their mistake.
KjdWizard said:
since that guy haven't read the manga, i just leave this chap here, hope it can help: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---040--?id=182711

I don't see your point. He jumped straight in that panel and that huge bomb or whatever wasn't even aiming at him.
Z4KNov 1, 2015 9:57 PM
Nov 1, 2015 9:56 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:

Just admit the animators took some liberties to make the fight look cool. No need to make absurd explanations to cover up their mistake.

later, in the manga, Saitama can

Nov 1, 2015 9:58 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
Z4k said:

later, in the manga, Saitama can

Yes I got that but he jumped straight unlike the screenshot I posted which shows him flying.
Nov 1, 2015 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
he dodged so his movement wasn't straight anymore =)) read that chap properly (and a few next chapters)

the animators knew what Saitama can do so i think they made use of it.
KjdWizardNov 1, 2015 10:11 PM
Nov 1, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
while he dodged, his movement wasn't straight anymore =)) read that chap properly (and a few next chapters)

I don't want to spoil myself but that looks straight to me

Edit: Didn't see your edited post.
Nov 1, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
^

KjdWizardNov 1, 2015 10:17 PM
Nov 1, 2015 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, amazing animation during the fight.
Will be very interesting if someone is ever a match for Saitama.
Nov 1, 2015 10:26 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
^

Nov 1, 2015 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:

or it's just you who are doing your best to deny that he dodged? Think whatever you want to, i don't want to convince you anymore.
Nov 1, 2015 10:42 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
Z4k said:

or it's just you who are doing your best to deny that he dodged? Think whatever you want to, i don't want to convince you anymore.

Pot calling the kettle black? Its ok you don't have to try so hard to make up some bullshit to cover up the mistake.
Nov 1, 2015 10:46 PM

Oct 2015
best episode so far
Nov 1, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:

Pot calling the kettle black? Its ok you don't have to try so hard to make up some bullshit to cover up the mistake.

ppl who read and catch up with that chapter will know the fact if they're intelligent enough, you called the "air-walking or whatever" scene in ep 5 bullshit and right after that i posted a certain thing to prove your statement is bullshit. I know it's too hard for you to accept your statement is bullshit. Convincing a ppl like you is wasting my time, so i give up, and it doesn't mean you're right. Keep "masturbating" if you want to.
KjdWizardNov 1, 2015 10:54 PM
Nov 1, 2015 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
Z4k said:

ppl who read and catch up with that chapter will know the fact if they're intelligent enough, you just called the "air-walking or whatever" scene in ep 5 bullshit and right after that i posted a certain thing to prove your statement is bullshit. I know it's too hard for you to accept your statement is bullshit. Convincing a ppl like you is wasting my time, so i give up, and it doesn't mean you're right.

You never posted any proofs that showed him "air-walking or whatever" in the anime before or in the manga aside from that link. I proved you wrong about that one so no need to act so insecure. Even animators make mistakes but at least this mistake made the fight look pretty cool.
KjdWizard said:
Keep "masturbating" if you want to.

Kek. Seems like I hit a nerve.
Z4KNov 1, 2015 10:59 PM
Nov 1, 2015 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
^ i'm laughing so hard, thank you, you entertained me so much =)))))

[spoiler]in chapter 40 and a few next chapters, Saitama could dodge & block/destroy many objects attacking him and approached the ship, he did all those things IN ONE JUMP. And that proved he can do many things while he's in the air. Is it too hard to understand?[/quote]
KjdWizardNov 1, 2015 11:05 PM
Nov 1, 2015 11:04 PM
Nov 1, 2015 11:14 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
^ =)))))

[spoiler]in chapter 40 and a few next chapters, Saitama could dodge & block/destroy many objects attacking him and approached the ship, he did all those things IN ONE JUMP. And that proved he can do many things while he's in the air. Is it too hard to understand?
[/quote]
Z4KNov 1, 2015 11:18 PM
Nov 1, 2015 11:16 PM

Jun 2014
I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THE OPPAI HOODIE THE FIRST TIME, OMG.

I wonder what the truth is to Saitama's powers are....

This animation... and I LOVE his "serious face"
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 1, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
blah blah

I have a few other things to do now, i don't have much time to debate with a ppl like you. Bye. And other ppl, if you want to know how stupid his (Z4k) statement was, just read the manga to the end of Boros' arc (chap48 or so).
KjdWizardNov 1, 2015 11:25 PM
Nov 1, 2015 11:24 PM

Apr 2014
KjdWizard said:
Z4k said:
blah blah

I have a few other things to do now, i don't have much time to debate with a ppl like you. Bye. And other ppl, if you want to know how stupid his statement was, just read the manga to the end of Boros' arc (chap48 or so).

No I don't want to spoil myself. Either post some panels that prove me wrong or just stop. The thread has derailed far enough.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » should one punch man be called battle seinen?

deg - May 16

24 by phantom346 »»
May 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

338 by FedeMetal »»
May 20, 6:30 PM

» serious question

z0idberger - May 5

45 by RickyHunt »»
May 20, 8:52 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by RGreatDanton »»
May 13, 3:04 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

792 by jacjacqjac »»
May 12, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.