Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 19, 2017 8:01 AM

Nov 2013
wanted to re-watch the movie now after 1 year of the normal Boruto anime, and i must say, knowing the characters really helps enjoying the movie lol the 1st time i barely knew any of the kids, only from like 3 or 4 manga chapters

might be my 2nd favorite Naruto movie, after the one with Hinata (for obvious reasons since she is my favorite anime girl ever)

also the way they handled the part with Boruto cheating on the exam, and then how they made him respect Naruto, was pretty nicely done in my opinion

also a lot of Sarada + Boruto moments, which is always welcome <3
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 18, 2018 5:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The film has great points, how the final fight with the new evolved of the Rasengan, the Boruto feelings for his father and the advance is this great story, the Naruto and Friends life....but in the development, there are black points as if it had been cut to do advance quicker the story! Also, the plot is weak and simple, but effective for the duration!

Well, but in general is a great film, to enjoy and have an enjoying time!!!

7/10 for me!
Dec 1, 2018 5:04 PM

May 2014
Since I have seen this arc in the Boruto anime I wasn't so excited, but God damn the animation was superb compared to the anime. And they a great job with the OSTs, plot, action. Wow, it has been a long time since I have watched a so good Naruto movie. 7/9 is full deserved!
Dec 1, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2014
Hannah_Ana said:
Orochimaru had sex?! Was it with a snake? Is Mizuki a human-snake hybrid?!

I don't want to spoil, so I have written the answer with a spoiler tag. If you want to find it out yourself watch the anime.

Mar 23, 2019 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
Took a bit to decide whether to give this a 6 or 7, ultimately went 7 because of the production values. The movie itself as a base was entertaining enough but I had some issues with it. Book-ending is something I typically like, but not so much here, maybe because they did both the interview with Boruto (which I think made sense) and the bear thing (with the same gag, which I don't think really offered much). The post-credits scene was nice, kinda obvious Mitsuki came from Orochimaru, his arm extension powers were just too reminiscent of Orochimaru (though he did his neck).

But of course the biggest issues were how poor the main antagonists were. They barely even feel connected to this film, they're just felt like a lazy follow-up on the whole Kaguya army sub-plot and just an excuse for high stakes action. And to be fair, the animation was super impressive, and I really enjoyed watching the high-pace combat. Really enjoyed the focus on taijustu do to the guy's absorption power, since Taijustu is just a lot more interesting to watch to me than the big explosion blasts the guy was shooting off. And while it peaks during their fight, the animation throughout the entire film was high quality stuff. Anyway, not naming the villain because the only personality trait he had was not liking getting his clothes ripped up and it's almost mentioned briefly twice. I do like the idea of having him also be a cheater, since his use of others chakra's does create a nice parallel to Boruto's tech, and helps to bridge the two disconnected plots together. But not enough, again there's one quick moment there and granted I don't want them to spend too much time on that, but it still felt a bit more disconnected than I would've liked. Oh, and on the note of Boruto's tech, the sub-plot with the guys was boring and had a pretty nothing resolution. Side-note, I know technology has been a thing in Naruto before, but seeing portable game systems is still pretty weird to me.

And even with the great animation, there were points where I was thinking "can't we just wrap this fight up already". Like I understand they needed Boruto to play a big role in the finish, and that was fine, but it's just worth noting that even with all the great animation it was starting to feel dragged out and boring to me. Final complaint, the treatment of Killer Bee was awful. I don't even really like the guy, but open the film with him essentially being "killed off" and only resolving that in the credits image splash? Just wow.

All that negativity aside (I had some more issues just don't want to drown in complaints), I did enjoy watching it for the most part. This is certainly a production value movie, the animation was incredible and the soundtrack constantly surprised me for how great it was as hyping up the moment. I also think Boruto & Naruto's dynamic was handled well for the most part, and I just like the Boruto had a defined character arc throughout the film, a lot of movies based off shonen movies can't really do that, so any exception to that is appreciated. The Last movie was an exception too, which since it was brought up, I do like better. Both scored a 7 for me, but while I almost scored Boruto a 6, I almost scored The Last an 8. Both kinda brought down by the lame villain plot, if nothing else, Boruto was more consistent.
May 17, 2019 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
Got me an unexpected heart attack when Sasuke said "your father is now gone" to Boruto, I mean naruto was smiling as he holds off the attack from the Otsutsuki guy at the chunin exam arena, that smile right there was such a death flag. It kinda makes sense to kill the old Main character because Boruto is the main character now.

Dude i swear if Naruto died man... pls don't kill my childhood hero. Movie was fine nonetheless.

Overall score 7/10

Oct 9, 2019 7:13 PM

Mar 2012
Did not think I'd come out of this movie legitimately wanting to see more....I don't really care for the new gen all too much but I also hated Naruto's character all these years ago in Part 1 too

Felt rushed in alot of places but definitely think I'll pick up the manga...still undecided if it's even worth watching a slice of life tv series or not tho...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 11, 2019 5:13 AM

Nov 2019
The Boruto movie >>> The whole damn anime
9/10 movie <33
Jul 2, 2020 4:27 AM

Mar 2018
royaldocks said:
For anyone who was disappointed in the LAST Naruto movie and thinking of watching this....

Yes do it ! This is definitely the best Naruto movie (which is not saying much cause most sucked) and nostalgia did help my enjoyment seeing everyone as an adult and the final fight was good.
yeah bro u r right...this was best in naruto movie's and also nostalgic seeing other characters and also seeing leaf village too change and modern was cool..plus baruto is kinda cool if u compare it to naruto in original.. :)
Jan 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Apr 2019
substantial movie I guess. Liked how boruto grew a bit as a character.

Sep 20, 2021 7:48 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So I've waited for a while to watch this since I didn't really know if it was going to be a spoiler for the series or vice versa. Since I had started the former I needed to be sure the anime was ahead and apparently I must have waited for far too long.

Indeed, I already knew what was going to happen from like a 20 episode chunk from the series so there's not much I can add plot wise. Well nothing xcept for a couple of differences such as the other chuunin contestants, Dr. Katasuke's motivation and the end itself, which in the series is a very VERY relevant point going onward.

The animation was probably better than in the series corresponding adaptation, maybe even on par during the most important scenes. The soundtrack is just as familiar for a Naruto fan as it is for a Boruto one. Maybe my main issue with this movie was how fast it went pacing wise probably because I'm not used to it, leading to me feeling like it wasn't developed enough or loose ends were left unresolved. Still, it's probably among the best Naruto movies so far.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 29, 2022 3:00 AM

Jul 2021
First of all the animation was clean and really good, best animation out of any Naruto movie. 9/10 animation.

Boruto was portrayed in a pretty realistic way. I didn't like him much in the beginning but by the end he was able to redeem himself in my eyes.

Naruto is of course busy with Hokage duties and it sucks that he's not able to give time to family as much he wants to. It was nice to see Himawari and Boruto being good siblings, I guess that Byakugan incident set Boruto straight and taught him never to mess with her.

Anyway, I'm not too big of a fan of this Otutsuki bullshit, I would prefer them showing just the old characters and their kids going though their daily life, doesn't need to have too much plot just like a SOL, I would watch the heck outta it. I also need a post 4th war Orochimaru story, he's got a kid now too, I mean damn who did he even marry, Yamato? That reminds me they didn't show us Yamato even once nor did they show as Shizune or Tsunade, what happened to them?

Konohamaru ended up being a teacher, huh? Good for him, it's really nice that he's the jonin in-charge for Naruto's son.

It was nice to see that Sakura was able to marry Sasuke and you can perfectly see little Sakura in Sarada with her "Cha" and all xD. But I don't understand why Sasuke didn't get a hand transplant like Naruto. Not getting new hand is his way of atoning or what?

This got me wondering how did Choji and that woman from cloud end up together?

Lee's got a son now, I want to say that Lee ended up marrying Tenten but it wasn't clear anywhere in the movie if they were together. Also, good for Ino she fell in love with Sai when they first met and she married him, nice.

And it seems like Iruka sensei is still single. Also they didn't show us if Shikamaru took Asuma and Kurenai's daughter as student or not, I mean I'm sure he did, I just want to see how they two are around each other, they didn't even show or rather I didn't notice Kurenai's daughter at all in this movie, she must be Chunin or something by this time I think. And they made Shikamaru's son look exactly like him lmao, just different voice actors and he too is scared of his mum xD. And Kiba didn't marry anyone, huh? Shino did I think, they didn't tell with whom though.

I can't even begin to imagine how much this movie must have hit the fans who have been watching Naruto since 2002 or 2007, I mean I completed whole of Naruto and Shippuden in less than a month and still this movie hit pretty close, made me really happy to see kids of all these characters.

Overall, 8/10. This made me want to watch Boruto but well if the Otutsuki bullshit is gonna keep up then I don't wann watch it, seems forced to me IDK, I would rather have SoL of Konohagakuren man, don't want more than that, just wanna watch how everyone goes about their daily life and stuff.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 12, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2021
Ayo that opening fight sequence went fucking hard. So the Otsutsuki's are finally here just like Kaguya had predicted. I'm guessing the main villains in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations will be the Otsutsuki's.

So Naruto finally became the Hokage huh? Dude should have been made Hokage in his own series, not his son's series. At least he has matured a lot more than before.

I really hope I'm watching this movie in the right order. Should I have watched the Boruto anime first?

Great to see the main cast all grown up. Naruto's and Choji's new design looks so bad. Sakura had the best glow-up tbh. All the Kage have changed too. Darui with a moustache looks so weird lol. Kurotsuchi looks hot.

I find it so weird that even adult Naruto has the same goofy-ass voice lol.

Technology has advanced quite a lot in this era. Boruto is quite the genius too. He already has 3 chakra nature which is just extraordinary and can easily make shadow clones with probably not as much chakra as what Naruto had at that age. Boruto's Rasengan is pretty cool. Unstable chakra nature added to the imperfect Rasengan makes it a flying and invisible Rasengan.

So Boruto doesn't like Naruto and admires Sasuke but it's vice versa with Sarada. Boruto is a pretty troubled kid. I feel for him.

Wait, was Bee just killed by those Otsutsuki's??

Damn, Momoshiki is so fucking strong. Naruto going KCM was badass, to say the least.

How did Sasuke form that space-time portal? Was he even able to do that? I thought only Kaguya can shift dimensions due to her having Rinnesharingan, being an Otsutsuki, and having so much chakra.

Mitsuki is Orochimaru's kid?? Pretty sure he isn't his biological kid. Either adopted or a failed experiment lol. No wonder he looks so pale, has snake eyes, and can do that stretchy limb-based jutsu.

The final battle had godly animation.

Ngl this movie surprised me. I had expected this to be another mess of a movie from the Naruto franchise but I was wrong. Of course, there are some plot holes that I can nitpick but overall it was a great watch.

7/10 for me.

Jan 23, 2023 4:32 PM
Jan 2023
its ok its really nice movie
Aug 18, 2023 12:51 AM
Aug 2023
I think it was decent but could be better that's why I gave it 4 stars only
Aug 26, 2023 2:01 PM
Aug 2022
It was ok, did not really like it that much.
Sep 12, 2023 9:26 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2016:

Oct 31, 2023 11:21 PM

Sep 2018
The movie was absolutely amazing. Love the family dynamic and detail into Boruto`s house. Naruto is surprisingly cute celebrating his son`s success early in the chunin exams. The action was very well animated. It lands a 5/5 for me.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 8-tails dead? 1-7 aswell then?

Aapjuh - Apr 14, 2017

2 by darkestTimes »»
Mar 18, 2022 9:36 AM

» What to watch first?

SouL_Prisoner - Jun 6, 2017

7 by nightscape94 »»
Nov 6, 2017 11:06 AM

» Boruto : Naruto the Movie?

LokoFive - Oct 27, 2016

4 by Abyhape »»
May 3, 2017 10:54 AM

» The New Gen

Tatyonna - Nov 21, 2016

0 by Tatyonna »»
Nov 21, 2016 7:48 AM

» How do you feel about Boruto's main character?

Alpha101 - Oct 19, 2016

26 by removed-user »»
Oct 24, 2016 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.