Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 11, 2009 3:42 PM
Apr 2009
vinesage said:
Rail_Tracer said:
Jesus, don't you people ever stop complaining about this anime adaptation? We get it, you hate DEEN and this adaptation. Don't like it, don't watch it. Simple. Go back reading the VN if you like it better.
I just started reading the VN last week. Even though I do find it very interesting, I must admit I fell asleep maybe more than 20 times before getting to the point where murders start. -_-' (once the murder began its really fascinating)
There is definitively a lot more than in the anime, and some details seem different. The biggest difference I notice so far has to be the characters themselves. Reading the VN let you know A LOT more about each character, for example I think I have become to like Hideyoshi and Eva much much more than in anime. They are really a funny couple~

anyway, as far as Im now in VN (end of EP1) I still prefer the anime form cause its just less tiring for me to read the whole bunch myself, and I'd love to see some action and hear Beatrice's evil cackle. (maybe I'd prefer an audiobook better though), but at the same time i cant help but wish the anime adaption would get better than it is now, because base on my impression, the anime doesnt really do the story justice. So I think it is understandable that some VN readers feel to need to complain sometimes~

Just keep reading it, it gets better.
Like I've said before, the first episode is the least entertaining to most.

Though, keep your eyes open for things that where mentioned in later episodes.
I heard ALOT was foreshadowed in earlier episodes.
Dec 11, 2009 3:44 PM

Apr 2008
Denwa said:
vinesage said:
Rail_Tracer said:
Jesus, don't you people ever stop complaining about this anime adaptation? We get it, you hate DEEN and this adaptation. Don't like it, don't watch it. Simple. Go back reading the VN if you like it better.
I just started reading the VN last week. Even though I do find it very interesting, I must admit I fell asleep maybe more than 20 times before getting to the point where murders start. -_-' (once the murder began its really fascinating)
There is definitively a lot more than in the anime, and some details seem different. The biggest difference I notice so far has to be the characters themselves. Reading the VN let you know A LOT more about each character, for example I think I have become to like Hideyoshi and Eva much much more than in anime. They are really a funny couple~

anyway, as far as Im now in VN (end of EP1) I still prefer the anime form cause its just less tiring for me to read the whole bunch myself, and I'd love to see some action and hear Beatrice's evil cackle. (maybe I'd prefer an audiobook better though), but at the same time i cant help but wish the anime adaption would get better than it is now, because base on my impression, the anime doesnt really do the story justice. So I think it is understandable that some VN readers feel to need to complain sometimes~

Heck the goats were foreshadowed even if it was just a joking thought of battler's IT STILL CAME TRUE XDDD
Dec 11, 2009 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Denwa said:
vinesage said:
Rail_Tracer said:

Heck the goats were foreshadowed even if it was just a joking thought of battler's IT STILL CAME TRUE XDDD

And Battler also called Kinzo Goldsmith in EP1 and Kyrie mentions "The North Wind and The Sun"

And there's some foreshadowing for EP5 stuff too
Dec 11, 2009 4:20 PM

Oct 2009
I still need to finish the VN, but I'm so confused.

....... There is so much that I want to know ;;
Dec 11, 2009 4:53 PM
Dec 2007
Very good episode that totally changes the perception we had of the game, well directed (although animation was a bit weak) and with a great sense of rythm. I really wonder where the two last episodes will lead us after such great and useful developments.

Oh and shut up VN fans, we don't care that the VN was different, better, more developped, astonishingly great or whatever, since the anime and VN are not in the same format and do not use the same codes or production model. And it's not DEEN's fault that you think the anime is less interesting than the VN since Ryukishi07's participating to the script for the anime also... Use your head for once and stop comparing visual novels and animation series, it's pointless and silly.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 11, 2009 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
Jacut said:
Very good episode that totally changes the perception we had of the game, well directed (although animation was a bit weak) and with a great sense of rythm. I really wonder where the two last episodes will lead us after such great and useful developments.

Oh and shut up VN fans, we don't care that the VN was different, better, more developped, astonishingly great or whatever, since the anime and VN are not in the same format and do not use the same codes or production model. And it's not DEEN's fault that you think the anime is less interesting than the VN since Ryukishi07's participating to the script for the anime also... Use your head for once and stop comparing visual novels and animation series, it's pointless and silly.

So it's pointless to have our hopes of good scenes getting animated faithfully? Wow you must watch original anime's only as in no video game, manga or eroge or visual novel adaptations. Otherwise you would know. PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPARE THE ORIGINAL TO THE ADAPTATION AND YES THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BITCH ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE ADAPTATION LET THEM DOWN.

Also this is a forum. Last I checked the title of this thread was not:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode 24 PRAISE/KISS ASS thread. No it's called a discussion. We the VN readers have just as much right to be here as any other fans. And we have the right to talk about how the Anime fucked us over. You are in no position to tell us or ANYONE as a matter of fact, to shut up. Learn your place.
Darklight0303Dec 11, 2009 5:30 PM
Dec 11, 2009 5:22 PM
Apr 2009
R07 doesn't have full control of the anime. He only helps out in some parts.
Dec 11, 2009 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
Darklight0303 said:

So it's pointless to have our hopes of good scenes getting animated faithfully? Wow you must watch original anime's only as in no video game, manga or eroge or visual novel adaptations. Otherwise you would know. PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPARE THE ORIGINAL TO THE ADAPTATION AND YES THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BITCH ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE ADAPTATION LET THEM DOWN.

Also this is a forum. Last I checked the title of this thread was not:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode 24 PRAISE/KISS ASS thread. No it's called a discussion. We the VN readers have just as much right to be here as any other fans. And we have the right to talk about how the Anime fucked us over. You are in no position to tell us or ANYONE as a matter of fact, to shut up. Learn your place.

Really?
Get a life.
One day you'll think about what you just posted, and realize how ridiculously entitled you sound.

Do you have a "right" to complain about how let down you feel about an adaptation of a source material you probably didn't buy? Sure. I guess I'll give you that. The problem is when you forget that this is an adaptation. DEEN gets creative license to do whatever they want. And they have. Honestly, I could have done without a lot of what was presented in this show, but like me, you don't have a clue about how it all turns out. You just want your handjob when they animate your favorite scenes.

There is a difference between discussing what happened in an episode, its merits, and what could have been better adapted, and just plain fanboy whining.

Have some perspective, and recoginze that you're not yet in a position to really say if anything they've done ruins the story.
noteDheroDec 11, 2009 6:06 PM
Dec 11, 2009 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
The only merit this episode has is the gore and one of the BGM's

Darklight0303Dec 11, 2009 6:31 PM
Dec 11, 2009 6:58 PM

Aug 2008
I actually took the chance and read what was in your spoiler tag.
All you're doing there is blind speculation. And honestly, I don't think that the manner in which George is killed is more important than the plain fact that he died without explanation in a random room just like in all the other game boards.
The fact that he is dead is more important than the wound itself. The mystery surrounds the culprit and the elaborate plan, not so much the physical wound, unless it's particularly fantastical.

I thought this was quite apparent after the first episode, but I guess I'm wrong. Or maybe you can't divorce your fervent expectations from logical thought.

I'll bank on the second one.
Dec 11, 2009 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
So you rather go with a gaping hole in the stomach instead of a small one in the head which can be used to disclaim the involvement of magic (which you seem to refuse acknowledging as a factor at all) with extreme ease.

Darklight0303Dec 11, 2009 7:05 PM
Dec 11, 2009 7:32 PM

Aug 2008
What about this show has been easy so far? The whole idea of the show is how much the author can convolute a plot to keep people from guessing his intentions.
Dec 11, 2009 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
Darklight0303 said:
So? If anything, it just helps support the notion that the fantasy scenes are not what they appear to be.
Dec 11, 2009 8:23 PM

Dec 2009
Jacut said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sick of these bitchy vn fanboys complaining in every thread about the littlest of things.
Dec 11, 2009 8:50 PM
Apr 2009
I wouldn't call them little things, but whatever.
It's awwwright.

But do you not notice how many anime-only viewers complain about how horrible and terrible the episodes are? I'm pretty sure more people would enjoy it if a good studio with an actual budget picked it up.

Seriously, they didn't even fix the animation errors in the bluray. It shows that they don't even give a fuck about this anime.
DenwaDec 11, 2009 8:57 PM
Dec 11, 2009 9:01 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty much everyone who read the VN, loved it. It's honestly rare to see someone who read it and didn't find it amazing.

Seeing that a lot of people don't really care about this anime and that it's ranked #300 something, I'd say DEEN failed at capturing what makes Umineko good.
LunarEmeraldDec 11, 2009 9:05 PM
Dec 11, 2009 9:01 PM

Dec 2009
Denwa said:

But do you not notice how many VN readers complain about how horrible and terrible the episodes are?

Fixed.

One of the things I'm hearing mostly is the Goat-Kun scene. Yeah, as if that scene was so damn important.
Dec 11, 2009 9:13 PM
Mar 2009
Some anime only watchers have to understand people are going to complain no matter what, since the anime has milked down what made the VN so great in the first place. It's not all about changing things like George's death, red text, and other things, since none of us are sure those are really important, most people real complaints are how the direction is so sub-par and how bad they fucked up the characters. In the VN you have some really smooth narration with some awesome music and sound effects to set the atmosphere with some consistent characterization. Here in the anime, it's just not the same, some music isn't played and even when it is, it's so low you can't even hear it, and the characters all seem one-dimensional.

I do agree however that people shouldn't complain too much, where each page is just whining, I think someone should just get their rant off in one post and move on. For the most part, that's what everyone has done, but when you have people bitching about other people bitching, it doesn't help matters, and drama ensues.

tl;dr: The VN is vastly superior to the anime, and because of that, people are going to complain how the anime sucks compared to it. But instead of complaining about others complaining, just ignore it, and carry on with your business.
HaiShangDec 11, 2009 9:21 PM
Dec 11, 2009 9:20 PM
Apr 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
Denwa said:

But do you not notice how many VN readers complain about how horrible and terrible the episodes are?

Fixed.

>Well yeah, we've read the source material ( which is way better), and the anime is disappointing compared to it.

One of the things I'm hearing mostly is the Goat-Kun scene. Yeah, as if that scene was so damn important.

>That scene may or may not have been important, but I just wanted to see the krauss vs goat fight which was awesome and hilarious, but DEEN takes everything in umineko way too seriously.
Dec 11, 2009 9:21 PM
Mar 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
Denwa said:

Fixed.

Also, even though we can pretty much tell when some scenes aren't important, that doesn't really matter when it comes to enjoying it. I recall in the VN, not just Goat-Kun, but there was a huge battle between that Goat and Krauss, I think anyone can tell it wasn't important due to how over the top it was, but it was still very enjoyable to some, and when DEEN cuts that, it's like taking away the dessert from the full coarse meal.
Dec 11, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
PsychFreak said:
Episode 25 preview

I love Kasumi's and Evatrice's troll faces.

dioptase said:
Nice spoiler in your preview, DEEN.

Are previews really spoilers though? They are supposed to get viewers to watch the next episode/tell them what happens next. They aren't giving away the plot or anything.
Dec 11, 2009 10:05 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
That was really sick but awesome when George and Jessica killed each other.

Dec 11, 2009 10:09 PM

Oct 2009
Unfortunately DEEN frequently gives away the plot in their previews, lol.
Dec 11, 2009 10:18 PM

Jun 2007
The spoilers could be a lot worse.

Dec 11, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2008
Good point. unless they plan to cram that up in the last episode >_>
Beating in the preview looks appropriately painful though the troll faces made me laugh XP
Dec 11, 2009 10:48 PM
Mar 2009
I certainly hope they don't do that, the last episode should be dedicated to the Tea Parties solely.
Dec 11, 2009 10:52 PM

Apr 2008
We can only hope that's what will happen.
Dec 12, 2009 12:28 AM
Mar 2008
Denwa said:

Yes the Goat-kun part was superfluous, but the fight itself and the whole escape sequence around it sure as hell wasn't. It's the near total lack of build up around things that gets my goat about the anime. There's a big difference between how things played out in the VN, with the human side struggling the hardest so far and nearly pulling off the upset before being wiped out by the Siestas, than the anime's "....and they're dead again."

DEEN underestimated the time they needed for 4 arcs and that's a bad directorial move IMO.
Dec 12, 2009 1:14 AM

Oct 2008
MarthX said:
The spoilers could be a lot worse.

I pray that DEEN won't screw up that scene.

Warning : major spoiler
Dec 12, 2009 1:28 AM

Apr 2008
I wonder how many people will give in to the temptation to click that spoiler and hate you for it XDDDDD well it would be their own fault so :P
Dec 12, 2009 3:57 AM

May 2007
Not sure what to make of that last pic in the spoiler as I still haven't had a chance to play the VN but then again I already know most of the spoilers anyway because of a certain someone. =P In any case......this adaption is probably way more superior than the "it-should-NEVER-have-been-done" anime adaption of Tsukihime. >>
Dec 12, 2009 4:14 AM

Apr 2008
LOL. Not that that would be difficult. Tsukihime's adaptation was just atrocious. =_=
Dec 12, 2009 4:43 AM

Oct 2008
Darklight0303 said:
LOL. Not that that would be difficult. Tsukihime's adaptation was just atrocious. =_=

What are you talking about? There is no Tsukihime anime.
Dec 12, 2009 4:55 AM

Feb 2008
i can't wait until this ends, and not in a good way.
Dec 12, 2009 4:59 AM

Apr 2008
dioptase said:
Darklight0303 said:

What are you talking about? There is no Tsukihime anime.

ah yes that's right. It was just a dream. I forgot that for a moment.
Dec 12, 2009 5:28 AM

Nov 2008
Beato really was angry, huh?

I'd like to go there too~

Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Dec 12, 2009 5:42 AM

Apr 2008
Toragono said:
Beato really was angry, huh?

I'd like to go there too~

Indeed that was a beautiful garden.
Dec 12, 2009 6:33 AM
Apr 2009
PlatinumHawke said:
Denwa said:

Yes the Goat-kun part was superfluous, but the fight itself and the whole escape sequence around it sure as hell wasn't. It's the near total lack of build up around things that gets my goat about the anime. There's a big difference between how things played out in the VN, with the human side struggling the hardest so far and nearly pulling off the upset before being wiped out by the Siestas, than the anime's "....and they're dead again."

DEEN underestimated the time they needed for 4 arcs and that's a bad directorial move IMO.

Btw, I didn't post that, I was responding to it too.

The anime version of dreamenddischarger actually sounds pretty good, but it's still not better than the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneH19EzkxE

DenwaDec 12, 2009 6:42 AM
Dec 12, 2009 6:51 AM

Oct 2008
Denwa said:

The anime version of dreamenddischarger actually sounds pretty good, but it's still not better than the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneH19EzkxE

Dec 12, 2009 7:02 AM

Apr 2008
woah the first track of the Anime OST. I LOVE the vocals @____@

We need a thread for the OST I believe >_>
Darklight0303Dec 12, 2009 7:27 AM
Dec 12, 2009 7:34 AM

Oct 2009
Did the anime ost come out??? :D :D :D

oh my god, dreamenddischarger sounds amazing!!!
Dec 12, 2009 7:35 AM

Apr 2008
Yes it did. Someone on LJ even uploaded it 8D so far I must say the best tracks on the album are the anime original ones and 1 maybe 2 remixes. The rest is just not up to par
Dec 12, 2009 7:46 AM
Apr 2009
Yeah, just google "rose crimson ost". First result.
Dec 12, 2009 7:46 AM

Oct 2009
Hurray, I just found the download with my google-fu!

Is it true the Worldenddominator remix isn't on there though?

I've loved the anime-only music, so I'm really looking forward to the ost ...
Dec 12, 2009 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
that's right there is no Worldenddominator remix
Dec 12, 2009 7:58 AM

Apr 2008
Woah track 24 I can't remember when that plays in the anime but I LOVE it @_@
Dec 12, 2009 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
oh yeah I'm dancing all over the place to the remix of あかいくつ偽!!!

I can't believe there's no Worldenddominator though. They used it multiple times and I did like the remix.

We really do need an ost thread :D :D :D
Dec 12, 2009 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
LOL,the most stupid thought just passed my mind :

Beatrice ( in a Darth Vader like voice) : Battler...*heavy breathing*...I am your MOTHER !
:))) This is Umineko no Naku koro ni so everything is possible . As idiotic as it may sound, I expect even something like that .

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Dec 12, 2009 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
given the stuff she says and does with Battler in episode 2 alone, that's HIGHLY improbable. Though it's a good theory for lulz XD
Dec 12, 2009 10:55 AM

Sep 2008
First half wasn't too interesting. Second half sort of caught my interest.

gapgapgapgapgapgapgapgapgap
HakuaDec 12, 2009 10:59 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.