Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 9:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
Tokoya said:
Is this a joke?

I'd say it is, but it's Fai. So no, it isn't.

Comparing this to the trainwreck that is anime AgK... -_-"
Figured as much lol

Oh well, I'll just sit back and watch from now on as I wait for the subs
Apr 11, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
TBH i don't really have a problem with Caster's backstory, how it was done, or even how pointless it is in the big picture. It just makes me remember Miura's "We added new scenes because there wasn't enough content" and "Nasu gave us a lot of information, but it was so confusing".

Still, i can't fault the actual content of this episode for it, because it was done well IMO.

THe padding filler was needlessly grimdark and served absolutely no purpose in terms of neither plot nor characters and did a piss poor job at making us care about the caster.

The fact that it took place INSTEAD of canon material is even more disgusting.
Apr 11, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

Please do explain what is so awesome about this adaptation and how it can stand on its own.

I am so tired of idiots downplaying legitimate criticism with "Oh you so salty". If you don't have what to say, don't say anything.

Oh, there are plenty of problems, I don't think anyone's denying it. But you're constantly shoving this in our faces, and it's getting tiring. Some people just want to enjoy this and feel nostalgic again. And don't get me started on your hyperbolic comparisons. DEEN? AgK? Calm down ffs.

This is basically my feelings for the last 2 months articulated rather well into a paragraph.

Thank you
Apr 11, 2015 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
Jtiger987 said:
Fai is actually Archer.

Fai = Archer = Miura

Is this canon or anime original?

Definitely filler. I'm going with filler.
Apr 11, 2015 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
astroprogs said:
TBH i don't really have a problem with Caster's backstory, how it was done, or even how pointless it is in the big picture. It just makes me remember Miura's "We added new scenes because there wasn't enough content" and "Nasu gave us a lot of information, but it was so confusing".

Still, i can't fault the actual content of this episode for it, because it was done well IMO.

Alright this makes sense :)

Jun 2011
Irisviel sounded weird in the preview

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:
The anime's pretty awesome IMO, but the salt...it interferes with the enjoyment...

Please do explain what is so awesome about this adaptation and how it can stand on its own.

I am so tired of idiots downplaying legitimate criticism with "Oh you so salty". If you don't have what to say, don't say anything.

We're not downplaying your criticism by calling you salty, Fai. We note your criticisms and move on, but then you just keep hanging around shoving the same complaints in our faces - like you can't imagine anyone enjoying the show after they hear your points. We could just argue with you all day, but everyone knows it won't solve anything, so we just move on and call you salty for only dwelling on the problems.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:26 AM
Feb 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Jtiger987 said:
Fai is actually Archer.

Fai = Archer = Miura

Is this canon or anime original?

Definitely filler. I'm going with filler.

It's just an alternate universe.
Apr 11, 2015 9:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
[quote=WormPriest]
CookingPriest said:
Eh, Fai does take this a bit over-board, I agree. He's kind of missing the enjoyable factor it has and is more so focusing on the feedback it gets. That's kind of how you start acting like if you go around defending the series - like Fai does - because of things people misunderstand and hate on it.
I gotcha.....That's why I don't get into arguments over here anymore lol
Apr 11, 2015 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:

The anime's pretty awesome IMO, but the salt...it interferes with the enjoyment...

it's not about whether the criticism is legitimate or not, Fai. It's about how much complaints there are right now, thrown about everywhere, interfering with the hype of people who do still enjoy it.

I could try and explain to you why the UBW anime's still awesome, but from past experience over the past six or so months I've known you, I doubt it'd change your mind.

You're free to express your own opinion and I'm free to express my own too, that much is true. Still, it's bothersome when all we hear from you (and others from time to time) is how this adaptation's getting worse and worse and worse, and how you express your pessimistic opinion with such frequency that you're pretty much famous for it now.

Again, it's not about whether the opinion is legitimate or not. It's about the discouraging attitude you keep on displaying in every thread, and how you'll appear in tons of F/SN threads to criticize others' positive opinions. Being pushy, being cynical towards everyone else, and now you've just called the ones who try to point out that behaviour as 'idiots' - there is very much reason to raise our voice about this, I believe.

Seriously, dude...if you don't like it anymore, then at least stop commenting so much.
CarenPriestessApr 11, 2015 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
Mickdrew said:
astroprogs said:

In the end, it all goes back to Miura directing. God help us if he does the HF movies.

WrongPriest said:
astroprogs said:

A little fast, but I reckon those 7 minutes will help. Just like Shirou arriving at the church being I. The BD.

I wonder what will they add, though. I thought what they had in this episode was enough.

Jan 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Those are people on the level who put "People die when they are killed that's how it should be." Out of context and made a meme out of it. It does not matter whether ufo shows it correctly or not, most of them lack the brain capacities to comprehend it. Their "opinions" are not something can warrants attention and even less they are anything to measure the quality of the adaption on.

Now, this I can fully agree on. A lot of these people take stuff out of context and act pretty childishly dumb about it because they can't grasp the situation presented to them. I mean, we get a few stupid shitposts about the VN, too.
Apr 11, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2015
WormPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:
Those are people on the level who put "People die when they are killed that's how it should be." Out of context and made a meme out of it. It does not matter whether ufo shows it correctly or not, most of them lack the brain capacities to comprehend it. Their "opinions" are not something can warrants attention and even less they are anything to measure the quality of the adaption on.

Now, this I can fully agree on. A lot of these people take stuff out of context and act pretty childishly dumb about it because they can't grasp the situation presented to them. I mean, we get a few stupid shitposts about the VN, too.

+1 to the above.

too much salt over nothing tbh. I missed the screening but Im peppered.

is this the operation gil ep?
Apr 11, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2015
WormPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

Plus the animtion is attracting a lot of shounenfags whose attention span is pretty much non-existent...
Apr 11, 2015 9:29 AM
Jun 2014
Grapekiwi said:

Next one probably.
Apr 11, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Oh, there are plenty of problems, I don't think anyone's denying it. But you're constantly shoving this in our faces, and it's getting tiring. Some people just want to enjoy this and feel nostalgic again. And don't get me started on your hyperbolic comparisons. DEEN? AgK? Calm down ffs.

This is basically my feelings for the last 2 months articulated rather well into a paragraph.

Thank you

I couldn't take it anymore. He's making this adaptation seem worse than it is, and he's ruining my nostalgic mood.

YES IT'S NOT PERFECT OR ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THAT. SHIROU IS UNDERDEVELOPED. THERE IS FANSERVICE. CAN WE ENJOY THE FUCKING ADAPTATION NOW?

Now that that's out of my system, I'd comment on how great the change in tone was between Shinji Servant scene (which is comedic, dear salts) and Gil slaughter scene. It was a good contrast and set up how big a douche Gil is.
Apr 11, 2015 9:31 AM

Feb 2014
HungryPriest said:

I'd agree, but this late in the game? There are a lot of places they could have visualized better his character. We wouldn't need an entire ep for him then. Especially since it's all about his development, it would also fit the story better. *shrug*

Ya, Mirua really should have just let 5 mins every other episode with Shirou just reflecting on things and seeing his perspective on some things because we've mainly only see what's going on the outside with him, but we need to see what's going on in the inside as well.

However, that never happened. So a whole episode dedicated to him is the only thing I can think of that can really explain his character ion better detail.....
Apr 11, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2014
Grapekiwi said:

No, it's the "how to turn 2 homunculi back into the natural state they were in before twisted scientific magical experiments turned them into killer machines"

The doctor is the good guy here, right?
Apr 11, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

This, pretty much this. You put it a lot simpler than I did, Emiya Shirou~

Apr 11, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
chat77 said:
Plus the animtion is attracting a lot of shounenfags whose attention span is pretty much non-existent...

The only thing I'm worried about are all the snobs on review sites and elsewhere that will dismiss the message of morality in this show as being "pointless yapping about nothing".

We've already seen it whenever Archer, Shirou, Caster, or anyone talked about the purpose behind killing or saving someone - people would bitch about how pretentious the show is, then demand they go back to hacking and slashing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

THe padding filler was needlessly grimdark and served absolutely no purpose in terms of neither plot nor characters and did a piss poor job at making us care about the caster.

"Needlessly grimdark" isn't a valid criticism, though. It doesn't contradict canon, and is inline with how magi act.
I'm waiting for the subs ATM, but i think it made it clear to the viewers how Caster isn't as bad as they first though, giving more weight to a certain upcoming scene.

"The fact that it took place INSTEAD of canon material is even more disgusting."
Using an exaggerated description like 'disgusting' aside, i agree. Miura is wasting runtime on relatively inconsequential scenes.

Jan 2014

Now this is what I like.

:j

Mar 2015
CarenPriest said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

This, pretty much this. You put it a lot simpler than I did, Emiya Shirou~
In other words, you're a baka.

Caren-chan, so tsun so dere <3
now if only kirei would stop disturbing our private time
Apr 11, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Grapekiwi said:

No, it's the "how to turn 2 homunculi back into the natural they were in before twisted scientific magical experiments turned them into killer machines"

The doctor is the good guy here, right?

always is.
xcllnt said:
Grapekiwi said:

Next one probably.

haha, thanks gil
Apr 11, 2015 9:36 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

"Needlessly grimdark" isn't a valid criticism, though. It doesn't contradict canon, and is inline with how magi act.
I'm waiting for the subs ATM, but i think it made it clear to the viewers how Caster isn't as bad as they first though, giving more weight to a certain upcoming scene.

"The fact that it took place INSTEAD of canon material is even more disgusting."
Using an exaggerated description like 'disgusting' aside, i agree. Miura is wasting runtime on relatively inconsequential scenes.

So basically you agree that this episode was utterly pointless?

GOod.
Apr 11, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:

GOod.

"No one here wants a perfect 1:1 carbon copy adaption"
Apr 11, 2015 9:37 AM
Feb 2014
WormPriest said:

Now this is what I like.

:j

I honestly expected Shinji to be more badass in this scene. But they made it so that it actually makes sense. Fuck you, Miura.
Apr 11, 2015 9:38 AM

Feb 2009
CookingPriest said:

GOod.

Not utterly. We still got Rin rekt scene.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 11, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
10/10 great episode thanks to Kirei.

Nothing was wrong in the slightest. People are in denial over how great the show is.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Apr 11, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
Mickdrew said:
chat77 said:

The only thing I'm worried about are all the snobs on review sites and elsewhere that will dismiss the message of morality in this show as being "pointless yapping about nothing".

We've already seen it whenever Archer, Shirou, Caster, or anyone talked about the purpose behind killing or saving someone - people would bitch about how pretentious the show is, then demand they go back to hacking and slashing.

Its like a double-edge sword to be honest.UFO's animation is attracting a lot of newcomers but at the same time,its sort of drawing the attention of those two-faced individuals who revel in shiting on popular franchise and whose attention span,as I have said before really is non-existent....

Mar 2015
Grey-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

GOod.

"No one here wants a perfect 1:1 carbon copy adaption"

Don't bother, it didn't work the previous 8734753 times -_-

Dec 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:

Nothing was wrong in the slightest. People are in denial over how great the show is.
you're in denial about how bad it is
BAN ME

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

GOod.

I wouldn't say to was COMPLETELY useless, because it enhances an upcoming scene. It's RELATIVELY inconsequential, not completely.
Apr 11, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
TrueKireiPriest said:

Sacasm and Kirei aside, I agree. Finally, we agree on something you fake priest :3
Apr 11, 2015 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:

Keep telling yourself this is anything but your alone time, son of Kiritsugu.
Apr 11, 2015 9:41 AM

Jul 2007
HungryPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

GOod.

Not utterly. We still got Rin rekt scene.

Okay.

"2 minutes of 20 minute episode wer enot useless"

astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

GOod.

I wouldn't say to was COMPLETELY useless, because it enhances an upcoming scene. It's RELATIVELY inconsequential, not completely.

Enhances at the cost of caster's characterization. So yes it is pointless.
Apr 11, 2015 9:42 AM

Mar 2015
TrueKireiPriest said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

You're just jealous you aren't reaping the profits of jackhammering, dear fake priest~
Apr 11, 2015 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode.
Nice to see Caster's master and her backstory with him.

The blond guy is awesome.
Poor maids...
Apr 11, 2015 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

astroprogs said:

It wasn't at the cost of her characterization. The scene could've been substituted with some HA scenes for greater effect, but what we had wasn't 100% useless.
Apr 11, 2015 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

You're just jealous you aren't reaping the profits of jackhammering, dear fake priest~

There you have it Caren, the man who wishes to be the object of your affections. I don't think Emiya Shirou is your best option.
I just gave you Lancer and Gilgamesh, problem solved
Apr 11, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
4 pages of nitpicking already and its hardly been finished. Sasuga UBW subforum.
Apr 11, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

It wasn't at the cost of her characterization. The scene could've been substituted with some HA scenes for greater effect, but what we had wasn't 100% useless.

I'd rather we got her backstory told in VN animated. Her actual historical backstory.
That makes us care for her.
Apr 11, 2015 9:47 AM

Mar 2015
Feaor said:
4 pages of nitpicking already and its hardly been finished. Sasuga UBW subforum.

Yare yare, only 4 pages. The salt has begun to recede. Alaya does her work quietly, it seems~

TrueKireiPriest said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

There you have it Caren, the man who wishes to be the object of your affections. I don't think Emiya Shirou is your best option.

ffs, stop cockblocking me >:(

Sep 2013
lmao @Fai's sig
hahahaha

Dec 2013
Feaor said:
so we should just act as if we're blind to its flaws?
BAN ME
Apr 11, 2015 9:48 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

I'd rather we got her backstory told in VN animated. Her actual historical backstory.

Ditto.
What we had wasn't THAT bad, still.
Apr 11, 2015 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Ditto.

IT was way way way worse than VN backstory and would not make anime onlies even give a shit about caster.
Apr 11, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

ffs, stop cockblocking me >:(

Just performing my fatherly duty. I wouldn't expect you to understand since Kiritsugu died already.
Apr 11, 2015 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Ditto.

IT was way way way worse than VN backstory and would not make anime onlies even give a shit about caster.

You don't know that. Besides, at this point in time, they don't really need to.
Apr 11, 2015 9:52 AM

Oct 2012
MyNameIsJeff said:
Feaor said:
so we should just act as if we're blind to its flaws?
Most of the salt in this thread is people nitpicking about dumb shit that might not even be 100% true because subs aren't out.
Pages (26) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.