Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2015 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, the amount of things that changed from the manga is beyond 9000.

There are hardly any gore in this episode while in the manga, Shinohara and Juuzo's leg got cut off by Eto for the lol.

Arima isn't supposed to be here so soon. We aren't gonna see the flower of death now? Are the characters that supposed to die have their fate changed now?

Kaneki didn't turn into a kakuja, what the hell? How will his scene with Hide play out? It will be strange if he did what he did in the manga even though he is in his right mind.

Mar 19, 2015 7:31 PM

Aug 2010
Olem said:
qetou said:
So guys, if I wanted to start reading TG manga from the end of anime episode 9/start of episode 10 what manga chapter should I be looking for?

Don't. It's better to read from the beginning. You're gonna miss out on a lotta changes, development, etc..
+1
Mar 19, 2015 7:33 PM

Apr 2012
Wtf how is Yoshimura still alive lol
im so confused

Mar 19, 2015 8:00 PM

Oct 2012
Aw poor Juuzo :( but holy shit Arima came and got stuff done, also the Kaneki vs Amon fight was awesome too. This episode as a whole was just packed with a ton of good action, and now Kaneki get to meet Hide.
Mar 19, 2015 8:00 PM

Aug 2014
Zeally said:

Who said he was dead to begin with? He was defeated, but the investigators didn't actually finish him off...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 19, 2015 8:05 PM

Sep 2011
Maledict said:
Where the hell is Touka running to all this time anyway?
Looking for Kaneki lol.
Mar 19, 2015 8:05 PM

Jun 2014
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very disappointed with some scenes...oh well, I mean, what was I expecting? XD But still this was the best part of the series...

Here's to hoping they'll somehow at least get the best parts of vol. 14 in 24 minutes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
Zeally said:
im so confused
He was never dead. They just didn't finish him off due to Eto appearing. Eto then swallowed him to make sure he didn't get injured in the fight and then puked him back up.
Mar 19, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2011
Zeally said:
im so confused

Watch previous episode again carefully. Before they finish yoshimure, Iwao Kuroiwa called to HQ, and sait it's finished. But he didn't dead yet.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Mar 19, 2015 8:09 PM

Jan 2014
To be fair the anime made that part very emotional. In the manga it wasn't like that. So while I liked how emotional they made it I feared that if they kept him alive it would be a bit confusing.
Mar 19, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
Tyrel said:
Maledict said:
Where the hell is Touka running to all this time anyway?
Looking for Kaneki lol.

Huh? How did you come to that conclusion? The last we saw her she was running while thinking about everyone but Kaneki, and she only found out later and didn't actually seem that interested or surprised...

Kinda funny she's been running all this time and still not at Anteiku.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 19, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
Easily the worst episode so far.

This is where they changed everything again, and once again ruined it for the worse.

Juuzou was supposed to get his leg cut off...and pretty quickly, it wasn't supposed to be some 20 minute fight.

They made the Amon x Kaneki look cool, but it was completely underwhelming.
- Amon was supposed to have his own prototype Arata armor and was suppose to look like a fucking dragoon from FF.
- Kaneki was supposed to go half kakuja
- Amon was supposed to get his right arm blown off, and Kaneki was supposed to have a cannonball sized hole through his side and torso
- Kaneki was supposed to crawl into the sewers barely alive and meet Hide, while Amon was supposed to one-arm fight Tatara.

Takizawa got rekt this episode. He should've been up fighting the Owl, but instead got eaten by Noro. Hide shouldn't have been there at all.

The Arima x Eto fight once again looked cool, but was underwhelming.
- The fight shouldn't have lasted as long.
- Arima's quinque was supposed to get cracked by the owl in shield mode. It was supposed to get cracked by Kaneki.

I think Eto eating her dad and spitting him up was the only accurate part of this episode.

Bad news:
- This episode changed everything and was fucking awful, and with the way things were going, the finale is going to be just as bad if not worse.

Good news:
They changed so many story points, that there's no way they're going to be able to ever make an adaptation of TG:re
....unless either another studio reboots the show and does it properly, or Studio Piece of Shit Pierrot alters the TG:re universe entirely and completely ruins that story too.

Barion-Zara said:

Last scene was awesome with Eto's "Hi daddy" with that HAWT smile :3 Quite the sexy body :3 Too bad no ass shown unlike the manga :P

Trade-offs though. In the manga, she had a much more loli body. The anime traded ass for tits.
Jonesy974Mar 19, 2015 8:44 PM
Mar 19, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Maledict said:
Tyrel said:
Looking for Kaneki lol.

Huh? How did you come to that conclusion? The last we saw her she was running while thinking about everyone but Kaneki, and she only found out later and didn't actually seem that interested or surprised...

Kinda funny she's been running all this time and still not at Anteiku.
Either way, she's looking for everyone and Kaneki. I'd say more so Kaneki because, yeah... She heard it out loud last episode (I believe). I honestly can't remember if it was said, but I'm 90% sure it was. Memory is fuzzy atm.
Mar 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
The dream is dead! Amon wheres your kickass armor guess they traded it for some lame drill axe thingy :/

with how things have played out i have no idea what kind of ending we'll be getting
Mar 19, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2009
such change
many different

wonder how accurate this would've been if Madhouse had it instead...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 19, 2015 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
The hype lol great episode, and just how beastly was Arima?! God I love him, Eto never stood a chance! But she is beautiful, the animation was amazing. Loved this episode. Next week's tragic episode looking forward to it!!

Mar 19, 2015 9:35 PM

Dec 2010
aw eto cut her hair =(
There a reason arima is so much stronger then anyone if this anime? like whats his story?
ColdbidMar 19, 2015 9:39 PM
Mar 19, 2015 9:43 PM

May 2012
Coldbid said:
aw eto cut her hair =(
There a reason arima is so much stronger then anyone if this anime? like whats his story?

Not that I know of. His personal history hasn't been told as far as I know. Tokyo Ghoul: Jack did tell a story from his highschool days, but that's about it.

Mar 19, 2015 9:52 PM
Dec 2012
Compared to the rest of the series, the animation for the Kaneki v. Amon fight was pretty well done. And Juzo fighting Owl, not knowing that Shinohara's death was breaking his heart broke mine.

Ah... but on a different note, it's nice to see a deviation from the manga, since Ishida-sensei said he wanted the anime to be how he actually wanted Tokyo Ghoul the manga to end. That ending made me bang my fist on the table and made me hate the fact that I had to wait another week just to find out what alternate ending Ishida-sensei has in store.
"I'm not short, I just live in a big world."
-Edward Elric, Full Metal Alchemist
Mar 19, 2015 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
It's been a while since I read the manga so I don't remember some parts and obviously I know this is an alternate universe... but I coulda sworn Amon didn't 'die' to kaneki... thought he fought someone else. Meh. A lot of things seemed different this episode.
Mar 19, 2015 10:10 PM

Dec 2013
I don't know why, but I'm just expecting a Akame ga Kill anime ending for this series.
Mar 19, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2014
Jonesy974 said:

...unless either another studio reboots the show and does it properly, or Studio Piece of Shit Pierrot alters the TG:re universe entirely and completely ruins that story too.

May I remind you and the other people who blame SP solely for the change in Root A that it was Ishida who decided to change the details and course of each episode. If anything, blame SP for the animation, the sequence of events, and/or probably the pacing.

----

All that aside, unlike the previous episodes, I didn't cry at all ib this episode. I don't know why, they didn't make the events as sentimental as I expected they'd be, I guess. Especially the juuzou/shinohara part. I agree that that could've been better. Also, I wish they included these scenes/lines, cause I was anticipating them so much:

InvestigatorIForgot:
"Suzuya... That's enough... Withdraw..."
Suzuya:
"N-never..." *drop*
MustacheInvestigator:
*catches Suzuya*
"Truly a model investigator.... Suzuya-boy is."

And also!!!!
"Eyepatch, if you somehow make it out alive, everyone will be aiming for your head. But even so ...allow me to make an earnest request... DON'T DIE." Amon thought it, at least.

But all in all, great episode. I wonder if Ayato's gonna turn a blind eye to seeing his sister, or is he gonna follow her just in case. I'm already guessing, entire chapter 143 will show as credits in the last few minutes, while the ending song is playing. [/quote]

Mar 19, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2012

WHOA
GosuDRMMar 19, 2015 11:49 PM

Mar 19, 2015 10:56 PM

Sep 2014
About time we saw Arima in action.

OH SNAP, that last scene. "Otousan~" *SHIVER*

And wow, so many people died. And there's a lot of wimps in Aogiri.
Mar 19, 2015 11:36 PM

Oct 2014
Kaneki vs Amon was good. But Arima vs Eto was "epic". He was just too OP.

Also this is the first time i felt sad for Juuzou :C

Hope there will be a second season T_T
Mar 19, 2015 11:37 PM

Nov 2011
Arima is like Levi of Tokyo Ghoul only that he need no back up at all.

I'm disappointed in how the anime potray him, I mean he look like a character from yaoi series.

At least they got his badassery quite right. He just come out of nowhere and make Eto flee like a child. Feel the unfairness of god.

Mar 19, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2014
Eto <3 'Otou-san~' Evil and hot, a good mix.

Touka-chan continuing on her jogging spree. 'Baka Aneki.' Hopefully Ayato will protect her if any situation calls for it.

Arima and his badassery, but for some reason i don't feel awed.

Amon and Kaneki's fight scene, easily the best one in this episode, including dialogue and action.

Hide and Kaneki at the end in Anteiku, never foresaw that, wonder how Hide escape unharmed 0.0

Overall entertaining episode, could have been MUCH better. Hyped for the next episode...hopefully something tragic happens :)
Mar 19, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
StevenHu said:
This show has some of the worst coordinated and least intelligent group fight scenes with ghouls attacking investigators one by one as well as rushing into gunfire that is actually lethal for them.

Hahaha I thought the same thing.

Aside from that, I've read the who what and where since people bitch about what they didn't do right every episode and, with that said, this was a pretty shitty episode by comparison. Even without comparison, this was a pretty lack luster episode. You have to wonder why they decided to change so much? I'll say that if the adaptation was more 1:1 it would indeed be a good story to watch. Manga readers don't get all pissy when non tweens rate this show poorly. It's just not directed well at all and it kills me that the ED cards have better production values then the entire episode which is a style of show that needs that attention to detail in it's art.

I'll say again, the direction is very poor which ruins nearly everything.

Oh well. Don't care enough about the show to worry that much. See how the finale goes. Can't wait to read all the hissy fits.
Mar 20, 2015 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
After all, Juuzo is just a human. Amon vs Kaneki was excellent as always.

Finally the scene where Hide meets Kaneki and Eto meets her otosan came!
This might sound dumb but did Eto eat Yoshimura or try to save him?
Mar 20, 2015 12:02 AM

Nov 2011
Lis- said:
After all, Juuzo is just a human. Amon vs Kaneki was excellent as always.

Finally the scene where Hide meets Kaneki and Eto meets her otosan came!
This might sound dumb but did Eto eat Yoshimura or try to save him?

What if I told you the answer is neither of those?

Mar 20, 2015 12:03 AM

Jun 2013
Nice animation, Juuzou had a bloody nose and mouth when he was sitting down but as soon as he got up it disappeared then reappeared when he started running. Good stuffs

I can't believe no one got their legs chopped off or arms. W T F. This sure took an interesting turn of events.

Looks like Kaneki wasn't in a starved crazy state.

Touka spent like 2 or 3 episodes running no where. Nice one

Fingers crossed for naked Eto in BD
Mar 20, 2015 12:12 AM

Aug 2014
Can anyone tell me, how did Hide manage to get away from Noro?
He was in Anteiku when Kaneki was there, MAKING COFFEE....

unless noro ignored him despite looking back at him like that

Mar 20, 2015 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Another episode with enough sentimentality, and also good fights, the plot is not hardly surprising until now, but I'm enjoying the adaptation

Well, I believe that a great fight for Kaneki will happen in the last episode, so I'm curious to know what will the end that the anime will show ..
Mar 20, 2015 12:52 AM

Oct 2013
"Can I go? I don't want to fight you"
At least explain yourself you stupid faggot!

GOD!! THIS ANIME IS THE WORST!!
IT DISAPPOINT ME OVER AND OVER
I THOUGHT THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE BEHIND ALL THE HYPE
BUT NO! IT'S JUST SOME PLAINT SHALLOW BATTLE ANIME

IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN NGNL
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 20, 2015 12:56 AM

Feb 2012
The weight of the "sacrifices" mentioned in earlier episodes loses all meaning when NOBODY REALLY DIES. The old man is still alive, it seems, and the two baristas were saved by kaneki last week. I have a feeling amon might still be alive. Shinohara's death is still uncomfirmed. This show really sucks.
Mar 20, 2015 1:07 AM

May 2013
Shinohara is down. That armor didn't even got to resist that big attack. Juzo got beat up pretty bad.
Kaneki vs Amon was okay. Maybe Amon is not yet down for the count. Akira should be able to save him.
Hide knows everything now. Well, it looks like he knows most things. I wonder what will he be talking about with Kaneki.
Father and daughter finally meet. Now that is something to wait for.
Mar 20, 2015 1:07 AM

Aug 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
The weight of the "sacrifices" mentioned in earlier episodes loses all meaning when NOBODY REALLY DIES. The old man is still alive, it seems, and the two baristas were saved by kaneki last week. I have a feeling amon might still be alive. Shinohara's death is still uncomfirmed. This show really sucks.

Well, they were just defeated and made unconscious. No one actually "died"...

But yeah, the last episode will show us if it moves towards the same ending as the manga does.

Mar 20, 2015 1:09 AM

Feb 2015
If the ending is the same I will get a little annoyed as it will be like 'so you give us a different, and worse story than the manga but it ends the same...ok'
Mar 20, 2015 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
PhantomL said:
If the ending is the same I will get a little annoyed as it will be like 'so you give us a different, and worse story than the manga but it ends the same...ok'

^ Pretty much this.

Mar 20, 2015 1:14 AM

Feb 2012
kannequi said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Well, they were just defeated and made unconscious. No one actually "died"...

But yeah, the last episode will show us if it moves towards the same ending as the manga does.

Yeah but it would have made a much bigger impact than just simply getting "defeated."
When the show hyped up the showdown like their were going to be heavy losses (not including expendable drones), it's disappointing when everyone survives.

Earlier in the story, several supporting cast members lost their lives yet the show still managed to stay decent, but I feel like at this point the author wouldn't know what to do if he killed off any of the current cast. The execution felt very wishy washy. If nobody was going to die, don't make it seem like it.
Mar 20, 2015 1:17 AM

Jan 2012
Surprised that so many people 'dislike' (to put it nicely) TG all of a sudden, isn't this kind of what you expected when they almost completely deviated from the manga in the first episodes of this season?

Personally if I had to decide which was better, season one or this one, I'd fully commit my vote to the first. Besides the most recent episodes, this season was fairly slowly paced and not many exciting events took place until around episode 9/10 (which is unfortunately close to the end of the season) but it's is still very enjoyable. Guess that's not enough for some people though...

Not sure how things are going to wrap up in the next episode, I'd at least like to know who Arima is and why he looks so much like Kaneki before the credits roll.
Mar 20, 2015 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
Earlier in the story, several supporting cast members lost their lives yet the show still managed to stay decent, but I feel like at this point the author wouldn't know what to do if he killed off any of the current cast. The execution felt very wishy washy. If nobody was going to die, don't make it seem like it.

The author didn't make the anime. Go figure why people are pissed off at Pierrot.

Hint: They're the big bad guys.

Mar 20, 2015 1:40 AM

Oct 2011
The episodes are a lot more understandable than the manga but still I fell bad that they skipped Kaneki's meeting with Rize

Mar 20, 2015 2:13 AM

Jul 2013
Ragna92 said:
Olem said:

Don't. It's better to read from the beginning. You're gonna miss out on a lotta changes, development, etc..
+1

+1
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 20, 2015 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
Gamer6 said:
ARIMA HYPE TRAIN

papa arima
Mar 20, 2015 2:36 AM

Jun 2013
Gamer6 said:
Haise Pls.

Arima was awesome this episode.
I also loved everything about that last Eto scene. How her kakuja unraveled like bandages, and her reunion with her father.
Razi_NMar 20, 2015 3:26 AM
Mar 20, 2015 3:03 AM

Feb 2012
EasyGo-er said:
jimjameswhatever said:

The author didn't make the anime. Go figure why people are pissed off at Pierrot.

Hint: They're the big bad guys.

From what I've looked up, nothing much has changed. Either way the impact of the battle has been lost because all 3 of the anteiku guys survived. whoopdeedoo.

And go figure, the highlight of the episode for most people was arima being OP, snoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee
Mar 20, 2015 3:38 AM
Jan 2012
Those ETO boobs, hnnng HNNNNNNGNGGGNGNGNGNGGG
yum yum
10/10 episode just for that, the rest doesn't matter
Mar 20, 2015 5:25 AM

May 2013
Based Arima and Eto. Those freaks. So badass.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 20, 2015 5:52 AM

Mar 2014
The only thing that interests me is what's going to happen between kaneki and hide. anime is shit - they dropped so many things from the manga.
reading the manga before watching the anime ruined my enjoyment..
Rin-ichiharaMar 20, 2015 5:59 AM

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

35 by _fumetsu »»
Yesterday, 9:40 AM

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

34 by AriKitaruKatoka »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.