Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2015 10:58 PM

Nov 2012
In this episode interesting seconds was the end :/
Jan 29, 2015 11:09 PM

May 2014
Didn't really feel any built up in suspense in this episode...the fighting scenes seem inadequate and it bores me. Hopefully the next episode would be much better to make up for this one.
Jan 29, 2015 11:21 PM

Feb 2013
kinda boring ep and those low budget animation. naki saves the episode, too abd there is no "four gem lions". if they didn't show centipede at the end i would drop it. glad they didn't ruin the manga tho

Toaki90 said:
When I first watch this anime
I thought he's just a simple character who will try to protect his new home/society from discrimination by human. Him being ghoul/human will become the bridge to this process.
Turns out it just another generic battle shounen

anyways kaneki's group is more enjoyable to read than this emo kaneki on the anime.
RazuhikoJan 29, 2015 11:49 PM
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Jan 29, 2015 11:22 PM

Oct 2011
Centpede OMG
Jan 29, 2015 11:23 PM

Dec 2013
God i love the ED song so much...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 29, 2015 11:33 PM
Jan 2015
What a piece of poop. Manga destroys anime, as usual. Boring, slow, shitty fights; dunno know if it's even worth as an anime. I can not see how Ishida is writing this, kaneki turns into some white haired emo kid, just walks around drinking coffee without talking and grunting - oh, what? that was supposed to be cool? oh. - , and the Ayato & Kaneki duo. Both are one of the most kick ass characters in the manga, just turned to shit. Somehow ruined Kaneki vs Ayato - awesome fight scene - and then they ruined Centipede - another ridiculously epic moment-. Seriously, just what are they trying to do? and this is supposed to go on for 24 episodes? damn. They've prettied exhausted the best content there was. I don't see how this is enjoyable in the least. From the best manga to the shittiest anime. I think they need some sort of miracle to turn this around.

and as of now,
R.I.P Root of A-hole
Jan 30, 2015 1:05 AM

Feb 2012
Wow...that episode...was TERRIBLE

just a bunch of fighting and not much else this episode
Jan 30, 2015 1:14 AM

May 2013
Suzuya! Hahaha! He certainly is a good comedian at some point. He was a good one to watch. I hope I get to see where he kills the twins.
That big guy who was fighting Kaneki though. It was implied that he was Mr. Kamishiro. He's Rize's dad alright. The huge tentacles proves it.

Now Kaneki. He gets an awesomely weird power, rather an improvement in his power. I need to see what happens next. I do hope he gets to use it next episode.
Jan 30, 2015 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
jimjameswhatever said:

Let's see. We find out:

- CCG planning a huge war against aogiri
- More about Amon's past
- Aogiri trying to increase their strength by adding ghouls from cochlea to their ranks
- The twin ghouls were artificially created like Kaneki and they seem to know about suzuya.
- Arata, Touka and Ayato's father, was being used as a quinque.
- Kaneki's motive and intention which is to get stronger by cannibalizing ghouls in order to protect the people in anteiku.
- Kaneki being a kakuja.

The animation was bad but that doesn't mean there was nothing important happening in the episode.
Jan 30, 2015 1:40 AM

Jun 2012
wtf was that shit
Jan 30, 2015 1:40 AM

Jul 2010
I hardly bitch about animation quality, but my god it was distracting in this episode.
Jan 30, 2015 1:46 AM

Feb 2012
Z4k said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Let's see. We find out:

- More about Amon's past
- Aogiri trying to increase their strength by adding ghouls from cochlea to their ranks
- The twin ghouls were artificially created like Kaneki and they seem to know about suzuya.
- Kaneki's motive and intention which is to get stronger by cannibalizing ghouls in order to protect the people in anteiku.
- Kaneki being a kakuja.

The animation was bad but that doesn't mean there was nothing important happening in the episode.

yeah but they all just got shoved into one episode in a very clunky manner. It wasn't just the bad animation.
Jan 30, 2015 1:50 AM
Jan 2015
GUYS, alot of complaints are deserving, but I believe it's unavoidable because

0. ANIME and MANGA are just different medium, 1 vol of manga read all day is great, cramp that in 25 mins, something has to give
1. There are only 12 eps, like seriously 12x25mins. 5 hours. that's like nothing...
2. and the author is doing original story, trying to reach a satisfying conclusion
3. just sheer number of characters
4. the complexity of the material itself in original manga, in terms of physical (fight), emotional (relationships), metaphysical (one's existence) are its core strength. But try cramming it in anime, it just works against it.
4a. like Akira that her leg bit, that's for story dev (affection w/ Amon)
4b. Kaneki not talking, because we knows him already, and with 20 more characters to introduce, no time talking
4c. the bullet, skipping explanations, all that can attribute to cramming in 12 eps.

Basically the best way to enjoy this is you read through the Manga, gotten all the background info and social developments, and come back to this without expecting having everything explained with Spielberg movie pacing, and chillax.
Jan 30, 2015 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
Z4k said:

Let's see. We find out:

- More about Amon's past
- Kaneki being a kakuja.

yeah but they all just got shoved into one episode in a very clunky manner. It wasn't just the bad animation.

Yeah it could've been better but it was to be expected since this was outsourced to Korean animators.
Jan 30, 2015 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
Wow wtf happened, did they run out of budget already? Majority of the fight scenes looked slow and weird

I know Kaneki was suppose to lose and all, but the crappy fight made it look like he's still bitch Kaneki

Kakuja hype
Jan 30, 2015 2:45 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm some fighting scenes felt really stiff... Fourth episode but i am not really feeling anything yet. Okay episode.
Jan 30, 2015 3:04 AM

Dec 2014
centipede chan is awesome! now its her time to shine lol
Jan 30, 2015 3:53 AM

Feb 2013
btbluesky said:
Basically the best way to enjoy this is you read through the Manga, gotten all the background info and social developments, and come back to this without expecting having everything explained with Spielberg movie pacing, and chillax.

>needing source material to get the most of an anime.
This is a real failure to adapt huh
Jan 30, 2015 4:27 AM

Nov 2012
gedata said:
btbluesky said:

>needing source material to get the most of an anime.
This is a real failure to adapt huh

the anime is going a different route from the manga so this doesn't really make sense anyway. the second season is just bad so far.
Jan 30, 2015 4:58 AM
Oct 2007
Animation and writing all over the place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
Australian ghoul

"aye mate give me some of dat flesh, if ya put up a fight ill fucken knock ya down mate"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
Think this was the worst anime episode of any series so far for me
Jan 30, 2015 5:35 AM

May 2014
OH MA GAWD. KANEKI GETS A NEW FORM :O
Jan 30, 2015 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
It amazes me some people actually are defending this episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 30, 2015 6:08 AM

Feb 2014
Animation is so awful. Well done Pierot. I rate 8/8
Very bad episode, so underwhelming.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 30, 2015 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
Horrible episode, like SERIOUSLY bad. Forget the bad Animation, the episode was rushed as fuck. Seriously, horrible. :/
Jan 30, 2015 6:48 AM
Sep 2013
The Centipede reveal was so unexpected and out of place for me... He got punched through a wall, saw a bunch of skeletons and suddenly the transformation began? It felt that they did that just to reveal the centipede...
Jan 30, 2015 7:23 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
It amazes me some people actually are defending this episode

Nobody is defending anything. Most of the scenes were bad and that's it.
Z4KJan 30, 2015 7:37 AM
Jan 30, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
I slept through most of this so i have nothing to say.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 30, 2015 7:39 AM

Oct 2013
this was very good... for a powerpoint presentation
Jan 30, 2015 7:41 AM

Jun 2013
I actually expected second season to be better considering Ishida has larger role in developing anime, but judging by your reactions it is just as bad as previous one. Leave it to Pierrot to fuck up things.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 30, 2015 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Dimitrije1606 said:
I actually expected second season to be better considering Ishida has larger role in developing anime, but judging by your reactions it is just as bad as previous one. Leave it to Pierrot to fuck up things.
It's much worse than the first season. At least it had good animation so the fights were cool and we got to know what Kaneki thinks and all that stuff.
Jan 30, 2015 8:16 AM

Apr 2014
Zemroid said:
Dimitrije1606 said:
It's much worse than the first season. At least it had good animation so the fights were cool and we got to know what Kaneki thinks and all that stuff.

First season didn't have good animation either except the first and last episode.

And why are you guys blaming Ishida? He's the author not the animation director lol.
Z4KJan 30, 2015 8:20 AM
Jan 30, 2015 8:24 AM
May 2014
OMG not even done with the episode... but some of these fighting / action scenes are unforgivable. What kind of production budget did they put into this? $5?? It was a promissing looking sequel but looks like Pierrot are at it again
Jan 30, 2015 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
Wow! They really exhausted their budget with this fighting scenes. All 10 pounds of it.
Jan 30, 2015 8:32 AM

Dec 2014
5/5.
Jan 30, 2015 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Z4k said:
Zemroid said:

First season didn't have good animation either except the first and last episode.

And why are you guys blaming Ishida? He's the author not the animation director lol.

I am not blaming Ishida at all. I just hoped that since he had larger part now, anime would be different. He is still awesome with manga. He can't undo fuckups Pierrot created in anime. I blame Pierrot for everything.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 30, 2015 8:43 AM

Jun 2008
Zer01 said:
Jesus, why are the fights so boring? This adaption has been pretty disappointing so far

Horrible animation, bad directing.
You can literally take the exact same episode with the exact same events and it can be 10 times better if it was done right. Other than the horrible animation the fights had the directing of the scenes just fails to create any atmosphere. Hell a smart director would have avoided showing much of those awkward fighting scenes in that way if he knew their was no budget for them so he can avoid ruining the atmosphere.
Jan 30, 2015 8:46 AM
May 2014
Sadforyou said:
this was very good... for a powerpoint presentation

agreed. I don't know why all these people are hating on Pierrot. This was an AMAZING powerpoint presentation.
Jan 30, 2015 8:51 AM

Aug 2014
The animation was terrible. My god...
The ep wasn't that great imo.
They didn't show too much of Kaneki's craziness and badassery and had is ass kicked to him too early. They should have had that later, and presented more of what he's actually capable of in different fights along with his ferocity and personality.
He's supposed to be wiping the floor with his enemies. I understand that his opponent was Shachi, but they should have saved him for later.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 30, 2015 9:32 AM

Feb 2012
Z4k said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Yeah it could've been better but it was to be expected since this was outsourced to Korean animators.

I honestly think the pacing was worse than the animation quality. None of the important scenes you mentioned packed any punch due to the fact that they all somehow led to yet another fight (which was poorly animated, so it ended up being underwhelming). So yeah, I guess it would have looked better with japanese animators, but that's not my main concern with how this episode played out.
Jan 30, 2015 9:39 AM
Jul 2014
Idk if it's just me but this episode felt dull overall.
No inner monologues of Kaneki as to why he's doing what he's doing unlike in the manga. Plus, he has no personality development so far and now we're getting the centipede version of his? That's just my opinion though.
Jan 30, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
Anyone else like how Kaneki barely got shown for 3 episodes, only snips of him being silent and badass, all that build up of him now on a completely different level...

...only to get absolutely destroyed in his very first fight by a ghoul that had three seconds of screentime?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 30, 2015 10:58 AM
Aug 2011
jfc this whole series looks like ass
Jan 30, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2014
Maledict said:
Anyone else like how Kaneki barely got shown for 3 episodes, only snips of him being silent and badass, all that build up of him now on a completely different level...

...only to get absolutely destroyed in his very first fight by a ghoul that had three seconds of screentime?

I completely agree. I feel as if it's a disgrace to Kaneki. They're not showing enough of his character or personality.
Really annoying...

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 30, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2014
rofl centipede

Kaneki finally fighting but he hasn't gone all out yet

Damn that ending cant wait to see Kaneki go supersayin next episode

i feel like they put all the action in this episode because there has just been build up so far

There was barely any talking in that episode
Jan 30, 2015 11:36 AM
May 2014
The really sad thing about all this is that I don't think I'll be able to take the manga seriously now if I read it.
Jan 30, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
So CCG guards confirmed for Storm Troopers? All those shots that hit absolutely nothing....
Jan 30, 2015 12:38 PM
May 2011
Pretty ok episode as usual. Who exactly is that man Kaneki was fighting anyway? plot, you're disappointing in telling me.
How many more (excuse my language) retarded characters need to appear in this show, honestly?
The purple-haired weird-hat is enough for me xD

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Jan 30, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
The animation wasn't good at all in this episode. Hopefully next week will make up for it.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

35 by _fumetsu »»
Yesterday, 9:40 AM

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

34 by AriKitaruKatoka »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.