Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 3, 2020 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
I knew that dude would die when he appeared for the first time, perfect victim. That blonde woman with him is also quite suspicious, but I mean it seems like all the girls in this show will be crazy psychopaths so far lol
Oct 4, 2020 5:29 AM

Jan 2020
So, every year on a certain day (I forgot what the day is called, something like Cotton ... Day?) a person dies and another one disappears, huh? This is actually getting really interesting.

And yeah, Keiichi seems to have fucked up badly. He should be cautious of Rena and others now.
Oct 8, 2020 4:22 PM
Feb 2018
i think the new episode 2 from higurashi 2020 has slower pace?
Oct 14, 2020 10:56 PM

Apr 2020
firstawahono said:

Don't watch the new one. After I watched 2020's ep 2, I looked up stuff and its not a remake. Don't watch that. Search up Higurashi watch order or something. This is the first season you must watch.
--AbiSa--
Oct 15, 2020 1:31 AM
Feb 2018
AbiSa said:
firstawahono said:

Don't watch the new one. After I watched 2020's ep 2, I looked up stuff and its not a remake. Don't watch that. Search up Higurashi watch order or something. This is the first season you must watch.

I have watched og higurashi, so idc if it's remake or not
Oct 15, 2020 2:37 AM

Apr 2020
firstawahono said:
AbiSa said:

I have watched og higurashi, so idc if it's remake or not

Oh! I thought you were a new watcher like me. I started with the new one because apparently both eps 1 were really same. And it was being called as a remake. But after ep 2 I dropped that and now I'm watching OG Higurashi
--AbiSa--
Oct 22, 2020 5:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Watanagashi festival started without a problem. But, the series of murder already began too when a poor Keiichi get involved on it, suddenly. I am surprised that the festival itself held in peace while the murderer, or killer, or some kind of a killer being, creeping their behind. Damn villager, you all must be worried! But was that even right? Rena might be suspicious until that opening scene relieved my mind for a while. But, her conversation with Mion kinda suggested me that she needed help. From what? Was that conversation can be trusted? So far its still blurred on me who was the right who was the wrong. Everyone srill hold their own secret.

Meanwhile, a bunch of information already dumped in a nice way. Such as the festival and the curses surrounding it, which made the man that told that shit death surprisingly, miserably. Then, the pattern of the death already formed in a unique way. Like a man died, and the woman that closed to him disappeared, even though the relations between them kinda confusion, was the close one just fine or a closest person? Still its a mystery. What about Satoshi and that woman that died beaten in a hard way. Was the reverse thing appeared. Oh, well i still knew nothing. If the pattern continued, It's only a matter of time until Keiichi would become the next victim. Maybe xD ....

Okay its really awakened my curiosity. There were so much mystery and the phenomenon still strong like hell. I might be judge some death flag again, such as the yellow girl which was a friend of Rika, and that 'delicious' police man. But so far, like the photographer guy, my guess was just unaffected. Lets see the next storyline.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 8, 2021 2:56 PM

May 2020
Wow this is getting really creepy... There's very clearly something up with Rena, but I remember the officer mentioned specifically not to talk about their conversation with Mion, so I wonder what her role in all this is as well.
Apr 3, 2021 2:58 PM

Dec 2015
Those giant blue cat eyes of hers are so goddamn creepy.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 18, 2021 1:46 AM

Jun 2020
Omg. The scene at the end when Keiichi‘s dad wanted to serve them tea was so good I was utterly creeped out.....that was such effective tension.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 4, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2019
(English) That "USODA!!!" from Rena always creeps me out!

----------

(Português) Esse "USODA!!" da Rena sempre me arrepia!
Sep 30, 2021 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Seems a bit odd to me that a police offer would just suddenly start talking about all of the details of a murder to a kid ... even if he was one of the last people to have seen him.

Father just casually mentioning Rena was in his house without him knowing ... creepy as hell.
Dec 20, 2021 7:26 PM
Dec 2017
another intense episode i think

May 20, 2022 9:12 AM

Jun 2009
USO DA!!!

Legendary scene.

Rewatching this for the first time in around 14 or so years. Good memories.
May 28, 2022 1:47 PM
Nov 2020
AYO WHAT THE...

Oh my god, That was fcking creepy.
May 30, 2022 4:56 PM

Dec 2018
damn this is good. i was really hoping she'd be a cute innocent friend and someone else would be a psycho but i guess that's what makes it better, even if it's a predictable letdown.
Aug 2, 2022 11:14 AM

Feb 2021
So did Rena see Keiichi reading that article or not?

So this takes place annually, on the day of the cotton festival either in the form of a murder or an accident. But the thing is, is it really a curse or is it foul play?

Oh hell naw, my boy Tomitake died in the second episode.

Yep, Rena and Mion know a lot more behind-the-scenes things that they aren't disclosing

Ngl, this shit is turning pretty freaky. Rena was waiting outside the room, spying on Keiichi's conversation...

I wonder if the missing kid Satoshi is even alive anymore

Sep 11, 2022 11:57 AM
Jul 2022
epicklj njmgjkyfvb m,.yxcn
Mar 3, 2023 8:15 PM

Dec 2009
Damn, no wonder people criticize the anime to an extent and recommend the visual novel over anything else.
The pacing, from the eerie scary soundtrack, and Takano telling Keichi of the "curse" completely lost it's life in the anime. 

It completely lacked the slow trauma of that pivotal scene where the horror from the whole story is about to start. 
No use of that creepy soundtrack when Keichi's desperate question is finally answered, fully rushed, and no teasing or threatening from Takano like in the original. 
... They even skipped or cut what happens afterward, which is odd... of them entering a place.

In the visual novel, it's clear that Keichi is desperate to know of that accident Tomitake mentioned before.
Finally when he's told, he's traumatized and slowly becomes paranoid from Takano's whole demeanor in how she warns him. It's the first most dramatic scene that sets the whole story in motion. 
Weird how they rushed such an important scene. I didn't feel any creepyness at all in the anime like the visual novel had.
waalex11Mar 3, 2023 8:37 PM
Mar 12, 2023 8:19 PM
Mar 2023
I kinda like this police detective for some reason, he just seems like a chill guy.

Also I would definitely file a restraining order against Rena after what she just pulled.
Jun 12, 2023 1:25 PM

Aug 2021
rewatching this after having finished most of the VNs and damn i still think this adaptation is godly
maybe the SOL parts couldve been longer here, but yeah time constraints i guess
really enjoying the sound design too it really builds on the atmosphere
oh and for real character designs are my fav in in this version, but yeah still well see when i rewatch the second season too
Jun 25, 2023 3:01 AM

Dec 2020
awesome episode, the end gave me chills lol
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
Dec 2020
it was intriguing
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikhael04 - Jan 8, 2008

364 by Mirorin »»
May 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

211 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

206 by Mirorin »»
May 24, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 15, 2008

129 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

270 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.